• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vampire The Masquerade: Royal Shadows (OOC)

Characters
Here
Character up! And with a worrisome amount of priests in the vicinity, too. This is bound to go well...

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian I'll PM you...

Athanas Athanas Character looks good, but I do have a question. Mostly stemming from my ignorance as I'm still new to the WoD. I know that Baali are rare, but do they typically look like the avatar you used? I was under the impression that only Nosferatu were demonic looking. Also since your character is Baali, is he an Infernalist?

To answer your first question-not by default, but it's far more common for Baali to have some sort of physical or supernatural taint compared to other clans. From vermin swarms to dark auras or supernatural appearances. Their corruption made manifest and all that. In my character's case, his sire used dark thaumaturgy to render him monstrous as punishment for failing to comply with her orders.

To answer your second question, yes and no. As a Baali, he is by definition(the clan's nickname is literally "demons", which causes some confusion), but he is not by intent-he does not scream praises to the lords of hell, nor does he aspire to bring about the end of days. Even the pact that he made was made purely in desperation and without some sort of grand ulterior motive.

To answer your first question-not by default, but it's far more common for Baali to have some sort of physical or supernatural taint compared to other clans. From vermin swarms to dark auras or supernatural appearances. Their corruption made manifest and all that. In my character's case, his sire used dark thaumaturgy to render him monstrous as punishment for failing to comply with her orders.

To answer your second question, yes and no. As a Baali, he is by definition(the clan's nickname is literally "demons", which causes some confusion), but he is not by intent-he does not scream praises to the lords of hell, nor does he aspire to bring about the end of days. Even the pact that he made was made purely in desperation and without some sort of grand ulterior motive.
Ok I can dig it, consider the character accepted. But can he adopt a more human form or does he have to hide like the Nosferatu?

The latter, he skulks in the shadows. Usually wears a mask too, just in case. A masked creep is source of concern, but not quite a masquerade breach.

Also, as for incorporating him into the plot: I had the idea that he would use his demonic allies and contacts to get at least some sort of clue into what has been going on in the city, then seek to exchange that information for some sort of boon from one of the other kindred, most likely hospitality so he can get some relative safety while he gets his bearings. Does that sound alright?

The latter, he skulks in the shadows. Usually wears a mask too, just in case. A masked creep is source of concern, but not quite a masquerade breach.

Also, as for incorporating him into the plot: I had the idea that he would use his demonic allies and contacts to get at least some sort of clue into what has been going on in the city, then seek to exchange that information for some sort of boon from one of the other kindred, most likely hospitality so he can get some relative safety while he gets his bearings. Does that sound alright?
Maybe choose to contact some of the Camarilla higher ups and offer his services as an information gatherer and maybe even mercenary in exchange for asylum against The Garou?

Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel Just as a FYI, when you switch colors in your IC posts, the text is nearly invisible to me when I use the lighter screen. Can you go to solid black when you are done with the colored text? I'd appreciate it.

god my guy is walking on thin ice, hopefully father Carns won't kill him

The Office Reaction GIF

god my guy is walking on thin ice, hopefully father Carns won't kill him

The Office Reaction GIF
LoL, the good Father is a bit over paranoid but not un-reasonable. He does have a Nosferatu as a close friend after all. But being a Hunter he's extremely distrustful and antagonistic towards vampires in general. Zachariah has to just convince Emmanuel that he's not a threat all while not pulling any funny business. Maybe he could reveal his third eye and ask him if he's ever heard of the Salubri clan.

LoL, the good Father is a bit over paranoid but not un-reasonable. He does have a Nosferatu as a close friend after all. But being a Hunter he's extremely distrustful and antagonistic towards vampires in general. Zachariah has to just convince Emmanuel that he's not a threat all while not pulling any funny business. Maybe he could reveal his third eye and ask him if he's ever heard of the Salubri clan.
but salubri is hunted...so if he told the father then he is exposing himself to threats.

Just a suggestion, but like you said, he's got to come with something to convince Emmanuel that he means no harm otherwise he's at risk of having his head blown off anyway so...:closed eyes open smile:
might try asking for aid to keep him hidden after confessing, if he doesn't get his head blown off first of course

Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel

Is popping Alun's head in the church a good time now?
Ok so here's the plan. Carns is going to be forcing Zachariah into the confessional to have a little one on one to find out exactly who he is and what he wants. All this time you could have Alun observing all that has been going on. While the two are in the confessional, Alun could decide to interrupt by simply knocking on the door allowing Zachariah time to escape through the roof.

SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown does that work for you?

Ok so here's the plan. Carns is going to be forcing Zachariah into the confessional to have a little one on one to find out exactly who he is and what he wants. All this time you could have Alun observing all that has been going on. While the two are in the confessional, Alun could decide to interrupt by simply knocking on the door allowing Zachariah time to escape through the roof.

SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown does that work for you?
yup

Pentex, that's the evil corporation controlled by the Worm?

D. Rex D. Rex
Yes indeedy.

"Pentex is a multi-national megacorporation, one of the largest in the world, which is also tainted by the Wyrm. Its main agenda is the spiritual, moral, and environmental corruption of the planet. It is the main tool on Earth of the Defiler Wyrm and one of the most implacable foes of the Garou."

Gots lots of subsidiaries doing bunches of shady corrupting things. A few vampires probably work for them. But then again, Pentex has been known to hire Black Spiral Dancers, a wyrm tainted tribe of garou, as mercenaries too.

Hey Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel , What is the Camarilla Elysium in Royal Haven? And who is the Seneschal there? I'm making a draft of my post now, and I'll have Alexander go there and try to make some sort of deal.

Yes indeedy.

"Pentex is a multi-national megacorporation, one of the largest in the world, which is also tainted by the Wyrm. Its main agenda is the spiritual, moral, and environmental corruption of the planet. It is the main tool on Earth of the Defiler Wyrm and one of the most implacable foes of the Garou."

Gots lots of subsidiaries doing bunches of shady corrupting things. A few vampires probably work for them. But then again, Pentex has been known to hire Black Spiral Dancers, a wyrm tainted tribe of garou, as mercenaries too.
Cool, maybe I can work them into the plot. Gabriella Ivanko (the vampire chick whose set to be coronated Prince) is worth over 5 Billion. Perhaps some of that cash came in dealings with Pentex...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back