• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy uncharted land

Magi led the way. She walked a few steps ahead and flowed the opposite direction of the stream. Ben began whistling as they went. The successful escape and then the fine lunch had cheered him up.

After followong the stream, they’d get to the village by Whispy stream (pop. 40) sat in the woods, but had paths & trails all around.

Magi could see children of villagers playing on one of roads while going back to their village. She waved her hand for them showing a large smile. Kids stopped and watched the trio approaching their village then burst to laughter. What they saw was a shirtless pale man and a pantless pale man following a young woman with wild hair and dirty dress as if had wrestled a bear a few minutes ago.

Magi could see children of villagers playing on one of roads while going back to their village. She waved her hand for them showing a large smile. Kids stopped and watched the trio approaching their village then burst to laughter. What they saw was a shirtless pale man and a pantless pale man following a young woman with wild hair and dirty dress as if had wrestled a bear a few minutes ago.
“Oh laugh it up!” exclaimed Stefan indignantly “Save it now that you’re not kidnapped by Yansi!”

By hearing name of Yansi, children screamed and ran to their village. "Monster!" Ben narrowed his eyes at Stefan. "I hope their parents are not sensitive about scaring kids." Magi said.
In the village, more people stared at two white men but they didn't laugh. Instead of laughing, one of eldrs approached them and asked what business they had in their village. Magi explained to him that they had escaped from yansi and needed a shelter. The old man stared at Ben and Stefan then told them to follow him. He got them to his own lonely home.

As Magi had asked, the old man who was called Wind Listener, brought them new clothes and some food. The clothes were made of cured rabbit skin. "Are you ill?" He asked Stefan directly since he was the palest among them.

Old man shook his head. "Weird..." He muttered. "If you are fine, then I expect you men to make yourselves useful as long as you stay in this village." He said. "Our village is not rich enough to welcome big babies."

Old man shook his head. "Weird..." He muttered. "If you are fine, then I expect you men to make yourselves useful as long as you stay in this village." He said. "Our village is not rich enough to welcome big babies."
“And what is that supposed to mean?” asked Stefan taking the remark personally

"Men are suppose to work." Said Wind Listener. "For now you should eat and sleep... but then, go around and see what suits you. I'm sure you can find task to help." He added before leaving the wigwam. "Seems that they lack in manpower... " Magi said then gasped. "Do you remember how children feared yansi abducting them? I think those Yansi have kidnapped many young men from this village." She expressed her idea.

“Maybe” said Stefan “But, I want to set the record straight! I do work, I am an aspiring mage working on a sailing ship as a healer. Ben here also does a lot of hard work on the seas so I don’t know what you’re on about!”

"There is no point to argue now... the oldman has left." Magi said. "He doesn't know you to at all. And look, he has left you free to chose your duties as you wish. That's not asking much."

"No, you didn't. Don't sweat over such a small matter." Magi said. Ben picked a pair of clothes and went to a corner to change. When he turned back, his face reflected his satisfaction. "These are so comfy... hurry up and try them out!" He told Stefan with excitement. "I'll wait for you to change and go out. I need to change my clothes too." Magi reminded him.

"Oh, that looks so good on you!" Magi said then stood to push them out of the wigwam. "Why don't you guys go out to show your new outfits to everyone?"

“Alright, but first i’ll need to find some sort of magical staff” said Stefan walking out of the wigwam and down the villaige road.

Magi went tot the barrel of water in the corner of wigwam to wash her bod before getting into rabbit skin.
"Look pal... these people are mostly women and children... and they're looking at us like... these women stare too much." Ben said to Stefan while they were walking in the village.

“You worry too much!” said Stefan looking for some kind of mage’s hut “They’re just not used to seeing. people like us”

"No man... I'm getting other vibes..." Ben said and held on Stefan's arm to have him go faster. "Where are you going, mister?" Asked a young woman who was carrying an ax.

“I’m going to the Mage’s hut to work on my magic” said Stefan “If you would kinfly show me the way there”

"The mage isn't in his hut." Answered the woman as rested her ax on the ground. Another woman who was carrying a baby joined them. "Did you ask about our mage? He is out of the village. What do you want from him?" She asked. "Any how..." The younger woman continued. "My name is Hawk Eye. You can count on me if you need something. Our village is in danger from yansi so the mage has taken our adult men to guard the village from outside. We can't afford letting monsters get close to the village... they'll try to abduct children in blink of an eye..." Hawk Eye explained.

“that sounds terrible” said Stefan “but I’m just looking for supplies and other items that I can us for spellcasting”

"What sort of items do you need?" Asked HawkEye. "We can help you get them." The young mother suggested. "Ah... I was about to forget... this is my friend; Starry Night Child. I call her Star." HawkEye added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back