• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy uncharted land

The fiery spirit screeched and backed off, losing its form again. "Finally... how are you going to seal her now?" Ember asked.

"Then... then what can we do? If you let go of her now we won't be able to take her down again." Ember asked nervously. He knew just a few about mages and their powers thus had no idea how to back them up or help them to restore their powers.

(What happened to the stone mage?)

“I can do something” said the stone mage speaking up before teleporting Orm to the depths of lake by snowy mountains so that the water can fizzle out.

Ember blinked as the remnant of dragon queen disappeared. "Where did she go? Is she defeated?" He asked.
In depths of the freezing lake Orm remained cold and powerless, yet she still existed in the world as had the chance to return to power again.

“I transported her to the lake by snowy mountains” Explained the eternal mage “she should now be powerlesss.”

"Yes... she must be powerless but not completely defeated. Isn't there a way to make sure she can never come back?" Ember asked still feeling uncomfortable. Being a long living creature, he had seen several disasters and supposedly was going to live till end of time to maintain the gate to the other wind thus had to make sure Orm couldn't cause him trouble again.

“Her soul and being is one with the earth’s fire” Explained the eternal mage “we tried to contain her many seasons back, but she still surfaced thereafter!”

"Ah... then I have to way but to be prepared for her next assault." Ember said with disappointment then went to the fainted girl and held her on arms like a sleeping child. "Well, thank you very much. You brave men saved this land and all humans of this world and delayed disaster for a few centuries." He spoke thankfully and bowed his head at mages. "We have no reason to stay in this barren land so let me take you to the nearest village to rest and regain your power." Saying this, the dragon-man walked out of the area covered by black rocks and turned changed to dragon. "Please ride my back. I can take you there quickly."

The mages all got on Ember's back as the eternal Mage held Mitra in his stone arms like a father holding an overgrown baby.

The long dragon almost crawled on his several rather short but strong legs, passing valleys quickly. He used hidden tunnels that helped them to travel to the other side of mounts without climbing or going around each mountain which saved them lots of time and he manged to bring the group at a prosperous village in depth of valley of a clear river. "Here it is; village of green rocks. At this place foliage grow everywhere, even on hard rocks." Ember said as stopped and waited for guests to climb down. Meanwhile the elder of village who was an old but lively woman came to greet them. "Welcome travelers! We rarely have guests in this mountains so please be our guest." She called happily.

"Orm?" The name came unfamiliar to old woman's ears. "There must be a long story behind your travel... come... this way. We gladly provide you food and shelter and I hope you can tell us your story... " She guided them to the largest house in the village which usually was a gathering place. All buildings of the village were small stone structures. They mostly had been made of rocks from mounts surrounding the village. Most families kept goats and many of their tools were carved out of stone or wood. In the gathering place, guests sat on goat skins and were given warm goat milk to drink. In the middle was fireplace that a large cauldron of bird soup was boiling on it. "You may rest and eat here. Let your wounded ones let in a corner and we'll tend to them." Said the elder. One by one villagers gathered in the building to hear a new story from travelers.

Mean while on the other side of the land, Ben had joined Stefan after his travel to find mages only to find out that their witch had been kidnapped.
"I can't believe it... you are our spell caster and yet you let a bunch of kids take her away like that?" Ben asked in disbelieve. "Now what? We're going to find her, right? Where were those kids from? Where did they take her?"

"Most of us come from the prairie" explained the Mage before deinking some of the goat's milk "Where there is a malevalent fire spirit threatening to cause the extinction of humanity. She takes the form of a large flying dragon and spreads chaos. She last struck over a hundred seasons ago and we contained her then, she came back recently and our combined efforts teleported her to the depths of the lake in snowey mountains."

"They probably took her back to the villaige" said Stefan "Besides, I was still trying to get over their noxious peace fumes!"

The audiences gasped as heard about the chaotic fire spirit and moved closer to the stone mage to hear more details from him as he seemed to be to strongest and strangest. Mitra slowly woke up and pulled herself together. Ember who had an eye on her left the group to help her with warm milk. The girl took the wooden bowl and sipped from it lazily. Everyone were silent and the only voice to hear belonged to the mage who told the story of the fight against Orm. She put the bowl down and looked at Ember. "If everything is over, I've to join my companions." She whispered to him. The dragon man nodded. "We'll move as soon as all mages are healed. I've to take them to their villages." He said.

"Noxious peace fumes?!" Ben asked in bafflement. "Well... anyway, we've to go there and save her. And we need a plan... not like the time you fainted; an efficient plan!" He said. The sailor pushed his brain to force it make a plan although it usually was futile.

The eternal mage noticed the villaiger’s fascination with his being, so he let Mitra down to the cottage floor and sat down crosslegged before the pering villaigers “You see” He said “My name is Green Glen, but I go by the title of Eternal Mage of the Earth. I am guardian of human-run mines and have been for over eight thousand seasons. Kovin, the god of earth & fertility rewarded me with this form after mastering every elemental spell, I have a very good relation with them, whitch is why the people in the Villaige by Clay Pits leave behind offerings. Because I know how to deliver them to the great cosmic stream above.”

“Well” said Stefan “we could look for their school and start asking questions, but then things might get ugly”

Last edited:
Mitra rubbed her temples. "We need a map..." She murmured. "No... I have them in my head; the earth changes slowly." Ember replied. They both listened Green Glen patiently. "Do think that we can move tomorrow?" He asked the stone mage as his story was over leaving audiences in awe. "Elder mage! Please take me as your disciple." Interrupted a kid.

"Darn it..." Ben grunted. "If we had a dog it could sniff her trace... hey, does anyone here has a dog?" He asked hopefully.

“I suppose we could” said Green Glen “I might be able to produce a map back in the village by clay pits” He looked back towards the villaigers and continued his story “I have no flesh or bone as I’m made out of pure shalestone, such a form enables me to be in intimate tune with all of the earth’s movements as my existance is bound to this very mountain range like sharp stome roots at the top of caves.”

“From the sound of it, the Only Dogs that are around here are like Coyotes or that tribe in the east woods who supposedly turn themselves into dogs and whatnot” said Stefan stroking his chin

"Are you... going to join the fight against bufalomen?" Mitra asked Ember. He hesitated and looked at the stone mage. "I'm not sure... they are not my enemies but if someone like the ancient mage is going to join... then I'll do so as well." he replied. If Glen wasn't telling his story he'd ask him about it right away.

"Eastwood? How do you know them?" Ben asked curiously then shook his head. "Never mind that... how long those it take to go there and ask them for help?"

“There are many elemental mages throughout these lands” said green glen “and each one is a living representation of eatch element: Earth, Water, Lightning, Magma, wind and cosmos”

“The chief of this villaige told me about them, but it should be like an hour and a half on horseback” said Stefan

Mitra was attracted to information Green Glen was telling the villagers. "At this rate... this land has a great power in hand to use." She said loudly enough for everyone to hear.

"Good... how many horses do we have? Let's go..." Ben said impatiently. "I'm afraid they are going to hurt the witch if we are late..."

“Indeed, Power in the land and skies as well as the beasts that occupy them” said Green Glen “But the nice thing about my element is that I can use the power anywhere, even the bottom of the deepest seas”

“Let’s go ask the chief” he said moving toward the Villaige by Potatoes (pop. 36)

"Then... why... I've seen these people being enslaved by buffalo looking beasts. I could see a lot from the sky when I could fly..." Mitra spoke still in confusion.

"Sure... just let's make it fast..." Ben almost ran beside Stefan and give him a push to move faster.

“The Yansis are a complex matter” said Green Grove “They may be enslaving my people, but at the same time they are also educating the people. People will go towards where there is more opportunity and if that means the Yansi domain expands, then so be it!”

The chief of this villaige was 30 years of age with a large headdress of eagle’s feathers. He was sitting down in his wetu studying the buffalo script as it had been transcribed on a piece of leather when two pale looking humans jogged right towards him. “Slow down!” he called out while bracing himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back