• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy uncharted land

Mitra couldn't remember telling about pale shaman to Smithson. "I'm confused. Would you please take the lead?" She asked.

"A village is a village. You find one and I'll talk to them in your stead." Ember said to close the fruitless conversation.

Ember said nothing and waited for Smithson to choose his dire ctions. Meanwhile he wonder what sort of deal was supposed to be between him and the captain since he gained nothing from helping them, not directly at least.

"I don't need your gold." Ember said. "I'm here only to protect Mitra because she is my friend and if she asks me, I'll help you too." He had a more important intention that kept to himself; he wanted to make sure new people wouldn't destroy his lands.

“And i’ve also been meaning to ask something else” said Cpt. Samson as his men built a series of tents “How do you speak my language?”

"All languages are driven from one language. I know that parent words so I understand you and your subconscious knows may words so you understand me. Every creature who can talk understands parent words although my accent might sound old to them." Ember explained. He gave them the right to discover common knowledge that they had traveled so far to learn.

“Ahh” said the captain “So I presume you must be an ancient Mage if you were around during the Tower of Babel”

"I don't know when that tower has been built, but I'm older than all trees you might see in this land." Ember answered honestly.

The captain’s jaw dropped as his mind was blown at ember’s statment “But, I thought God made humans after he made trees.”

Ember laughed at Samson's simple assumptions. "Those trees that were living before men... they're no longer alive! Even I don't remember them but they must have been taller and thicker than those you have even seen." He explained.

“How old are you” He said with a wide gaze as ember also got the attention of the Mage who turned towards him as well.

Ember shrugged. "You don't need to know that. You can guess age of trees by measuring how thick they are and age of stones by observing how soft their surface seems. That should be enough for your mission." He answered.

“Fair point” said the captain not wishing to interrogate or enrage the shapeshifting mage. The men had pitched all of their tents making the camp complete for them all to sleep in.

(Is the shape shifting mage Ember? I tried to keep his dragon form secret. Have i failed.)
"Seems that everyone are tired. While you make a bonfire, we can go bring you fresh water. Please give us your extra containers for that purpose." Mitra suggested.

(He doesn’t know about Ember’s true form, for all the captain knows, Ember could be one of the progenators of Shapeshifter kind)

“So long as Ember can keep you safe” said the Mage “Don’t worry, john” said the captain “Ember’s on our side” he than turned to mitra “Of course you can get water, by all means”

At cpt. Fetri’s base camp, one of the crew members were hard at work cooking fish over a cast iorn pot over an open fire “If only Stefan was here” he said “He’d probably cook this in his hands.”

Mitra smiled. "We've been traveling together for days to reach here." She said and nodded before leaving the group.

"Give the guy a rest. He's been putting too much effort into his spells and has suffered the result." Ben said. "You should do your simple tasks by your own hands." Magi was listening with interest. "He does that kind of job too? We never use power of spirits for simple jobs. But yansi is different... they might do so." She said.

The sun had long set as it was currently dusk. The world gradually became darker and darker as the sound of a stream grew louder.

“It’s not always spirits” said the sailor “Some people have natural magic abilities, allowing them to use magic without summoning a thing.” Cpt. Fetri would then remark “Maybe the case with Yansi is that they too have natural magic powers”

(I haven’t been watching my hero academia, i swear!)

"Natural?" Magi laughed. "You just don't see what happens when you use magic. No matter what you produce inside, it won't reflect on outside if the environment around you doesn't accept it. Yansi too... they don't see spirits but they use their power to force them to do their deeds. Like when their throw fire balls... they force fire to behave unnaturally to be used by them. Sometimes I see how angry fire spirits are." She explained.

“Stefan does that too” said a sailor “He learned that spell when he was nine and he still uses it to fend off pirates”

"The book says nothing about origins of power." Magi said. "Has he told you that he's giving his book to me? I thought it's between me and him."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back