• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy uncharted land

“That’s why I said Possibly” stated Cpt. Fetri “I know that he keeps books like that and I basically figured that he might’ve given them to you”

Magi glanced at the cooking sailor in confusion then looked at Fetri. "What does it mean?" She asked. Actually, she wanted to make sure if the sailor had been mentioning her.

"Boyfriend?" Magi asked. "I've got some male friends... some of them are boys and some men. Is it important to you?"

“It’s customery where we’re from that Marraige is only between a man & a woman” explained the captain “If you and Stefan fell in love then that means that I can’t but in.”

Magi thought for a few minutes until understood what pale men were talking about. "That's not friendship. I've not promised my life to anyone. Actually... many mages or, as your say, witches avoid marriage to grantee their focus on their spiritual duties." She said. "Besides... Stefan doesn't love me."

“Really” said the captain “I would’ve thought with the way you wanted to see stefan, that you two were interested in eachother”

Magi looked down. "I think he's just interested in me because I'm different from pale women." She said. "He doesn't show love towards me... Like... Nothing about me is important for him."

“He’s always been shy about that stuff” said the Captain “He’s been all over the world, so you wouldn’t be the strangest thing he’s ever seen. Even if he was in love, he wouldn’t exactly be open about that sort of thing.”

Magi looked up with a frown. "Oh no... He isn't shy at all. We easily talked about tfuture. I was sure he cares about me a lot. But... " She brushed her short hair by her fingers. "He didn't hesitate to cut my hair for his own conveniance even tough he had to tolerate them for less than a day. And he wasn't worried about me when my soul was afloat and it was his fault. Yet, I didn't hear him say that he's sorry about it." She complained.

"Please don't feel sorry for me. I'm not a girl who loses her head over men. What I really want is a chance to see more of this world and I'm glad that I've met Stefan and came to your ship with him. I need his advice so I want to be his friend as long as he's not tired of me around him." Magi spoke honestly. Her head wasn't filled whit love but with curiosity.

“I see” Said the captain as a sailor was butchering the fish for all to consume “In that case our expedition of Aurumia will be cut short”

"Aurumia?" Magi asked. It sounded like name of a lake to her although she ha no idea of what that word was about.

“It’s a continent from an ancient legend” said a sailor “As the story goes there was a continent isolated by the gods who were blinded by greed. Death was a stranger to the resodents who lived in harmony with nature. There was a lake of youth in the continent’s center that gave those who drank the water eternal life. The humans were blinded by greed and didn’t let any others go near it, so the Gods isolated the continent from the rest of the world. When I come here, I see people living in communion with nature, just like in the legend so I named the land after it.”

"You named it?" Magi asked with suspect. "You've been born somewhere far from here. None of you have worked on these fields or hunted or ride on hills. How do you name it?"

“It’s just customary to name the land where people inhabit” explained Cpt. Fetri “We’ve got fish and bread, feel free to grab them.”

"Thanks..." Magi tried a small morsel of bread. "Each tribe calls lands they know by face of it... I've not heard them call all of them by one name. Maybe yansi teaches names in schools just the way you name things." She said thoughtfully.

“And there in lies the problem” said the captain grabbing a piece of fish “With a lot of tribal land on other continents, no one has one name for the whole continent, just the names of the different people’s”

"You take it so lightly." Magi said. "We owe it to the power of the mage that I can talk to you. Many tribes have many languages; you can't force them to use the same word."

“I guess it’s just that where I come from, we have names for entire land masses even though there’s like a hundred different languages with different words for the same area.” said the captain before eating some of his fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back