• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Worst Pantheon: Live and Reloaded (IC Thread) (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Helsa Conversational

"Spit flavored alcohol. And I still am, but a planet must broaden his horizons!" Ocaeril said, smiling, as he sat on another gap made in reality, making it act like some sort of chair for himself, as he stood a few meters above Helsa. At her question, however, he hummed.

"
Well, the connection to Zyr's afterlife is severed from every single mortal on the planet. They no longer go there. However, most of them now act as ghosts in the mortal plane. You'll probably be seeing a lot of them. Zyr's afterlife is destroyed, it's space is still existent though, it's just infinite darkness. So I can't take some of them there. Did you know that most souls reincarnate? There's now a problem that there are more souls then available bodies for them to reincarnate on. So if you do that sort of stuff, I'd say keep them around your afterlife for a bit."

Space Buddha Space Buddha

He suddenly widened his eyes and clapped. "
Right, that reminds me. Excuse me, angels. Be good crystal people and deal with the ghost infestation, will you? Take them back to their afterlives. Just don't go all out. I don't want to see all 4.542.221 of you rushing in like ants when they see candy. Tell me if you have any problems~"

Turning back at Helsa, Ocaeril smiled. "So yeah, our problems are over for now. There's still the bird fuckaroo, but knowing how problem makers work, he'll only act directly next cycle."

"Yeah, whatever. I'll try and grab them later." She mumbled, still slumped on her throne. "I have no idea who this bird ass is, but I'll ignore that for now." Helsa said, looking at Ocaeril.

"And the alcohol is not spit flavored, it's alcohol flavored. Big difference." She groaned, leaning back and sipping some more coffee. "In short, stuff has gone completely wacko already but it's been resolved. End of story."

"...hey, planet boi. You seem different outside of the purple monkey suit."

Helsa Conversational

"Yeah, whatever. I'll try and grab them later." She mumbled, still slumped on her throne. "I have no idea who this bird ass is, but I'll ignore that for now." Helsa said, looking at Ocaeril.

"And the alcohol is not spit flavored, it's alcohol flavored. Big difference." She groaned, leaning back and sipping some more coffee. "In short, stuff has gone completely wacko already but it's been resolved. End of story."

"...hey, planet boi. You seem different outside of the purple monkey suit."

"That is essentially what every cycle is like, yes."

With a chuckle, Ocaeril placed a hand over his mouth once more. "Oh, do you? I thought I told you about him before. Well, whatever. I don't have time to deal with him right now. I have a daughter to eventually raise." Ocaeril, stop saying things like they are common knowledge! "...Oh, but alcohol is spit flavored. The bottle you drank from was that one I drank on as well, right? It was awfully cheap. Really, your style is more wine, if you really wanna play the 'I'm evil' card!"

However, her second question caused an eyebrow to raise from him. "
...Your words escape me. You mind telling me what you mean so my mind doesn't assume you're being a degenerate and talking about me naked?"

Helsa Conversational

"That is essentially what every cycle is like, yes."

With a chuckle, Ocaeril placed a hand over his mouth once more. "Oh, do you? I thought I told you about him before. Well, whatever. I don't have time to deal with him right now. I have a daughter to eventually raise." Ocaeril, stop saying things like they are common knowledge! "...Oh, but alcohol is spit flavored. The bottle you drank from was that one I drank on as well, right? It was awfully cheap. Really, your style is more wine, if you really wanna play the 'I'm evil' card!"

However, her second question caused an eyebrow to raise from him. "
...Your words escape me. You mind telling me what you mean so my mind doesn't assume you're being a degenerate and talking about me naked?"

"...did....did you drink from the alcohol you gave me?" Helsa whispered, right eye twitching. "Wait...nevermind." She leaned back even more, somehow.

"I can see your body language. You're different. Colder. More manipulative. I can See it." She whispered, eyes glowing.

And then all sense of drama was removed when her throne somehow tipped over after she leaned back too far.

Helsa Conversational

"...did....did you drink from the alcohol you gave me?" Helsa whispered, right eye twitching. "Wait...nevermind." She leaned back even more, somehow.

"I can see your body language. You're different. Colder. More manipulative. I can See it." She whispered, eyes glowing.

And then all sense of drama was removed when her throne somehow tipped over after she leaned back too far.

Ocaeril seemed ready to reply to Helsa's first question with another funny quip, however...Her second statement caused him to stop on his tracks.

His umbrella seemed to form a shadow over his eyes for a moment, hiding them for a moment, his usual smile gone. A small silence came over them, before, another smile came across his lips. He twirled his umbrella, it showing his eyes once more, now glowing a soft blue. His smile opened space for words to come out.

However, they were not one of those Helsa would expect.

"You're gonna fall."

...And so, Helsa did. With a loud crack and hum, her throne leaned back and fell on the ground, causing a loud sound to echo through the chambers, and dust to raise itself up, as Ocaeril protected itself from it. Chuckling, the man stared at Helsa, his blue eyes shining through the dust. "
Temporal Analysis, one of Zyr's original miracles. It allows me to see the past and future. Or at least possibilities of the latter. And to answer your question, a side effect, I'm afraid. After all, Inqui changed as well when she fused with Yimor. It's not my fault Zyr was such a pokerfaced bastard."

He said 'bastard' almost as if speaking of an old friend. The umbrella twirled itself, air moving around it, as it moved away dust from him. His back was facing her, as he slowly walked away. Helsa's throne somehow...Undamaged out of a sudden? "
Now, I have personal matters to attend to involving family. Unless you want to say or ask one more thing?"

Helsa Conversational

Ocaeril seemed ready to reply to Helsa's first question with another funny quip, however...Her second statement caused him to stop on his tracks.

His umbrella seemed to form a shadow over his eyes for a moment, hiding them for a moment, his usual smile gone. A small silence came over them, before, another smile came across his lips. He twirled his umbrella, it showing his eyes once more, now glowing a soft blue. His smile opened space for words to come out.

However, they were not one of those Helsa would expect.

"You're gonna fall."

...And so, Helsa did. With a loud crack and hum, her throne leaned back and fell on the ground, causing a loud sound to echo through the chambers, and dust to raise itself up, as Ocaeril protected itself from it. Chuckling, the man stared at Helsa, his blue eyes shining through the dust. "
Temporal Analysis, one of Zyr's original miracles. It allows me to see the past and future. Or at least possibilities of the latter. And to answer your question, a side effect, I'm afraid. After all, Inqui changed as well when she fused with Yimor. It's not my fault Zyr was such a pokerfaced bastard."

He said 'bastard' almost as if speaking of an old friend. The umbrella twirled itself, air moving around it, as it moved away dust from him. His back was facing her, as he slowly walked away. Helsa's throne somehow...Undamaged out of a sudden? "
Now, I have personal matters to attend to involving family. Unless you want to say or ask one more thing?"

"Give me all the coffee." Helsa deadpanned as she used her hair tentacles to push her and her throne back up. "Go deal with your family issues, you somewhat less of a goodie goodie." She leaned back a bit more, careful to not fall back this time.

However, one last thought went through her head. That she just so happened to whisper loud enough for Ocaeril to hear.

"Why is he kind of hot like this...?" She mumbled.

Helsa Conversational

"Give me all the coffee." Helsa deadpanned as she used her hair tentacles to push her and her throne back up. "Go deal with your family issues, you somewhat less of a goodie goodie." She leaned back a bit more, careful to not fall back this time.

However, one last thought went through her head. That she just so happened to whisper loud enough for Ocaeril to hear.

"Why is he kind of hot like this...?" She mumbled.

"...Learn to make your own, tentacle-for-brains." With a roll of his eyes followed by a smile, Ocaeril snapped his fingers, and another gap in reality, opened itself, as Ocaeril slowly walked into it. Or, well, he would, if Helsa hadn't said something even he couldn't have seen with his third eye.

Instead of ignoring it and cringing awkwardly, however, Ocaeril simply turned to see Helsa, a smile still on his face, as he looked truly amused.

"Not every single one of your thoughts has to be said out loud, you know. But, it might be because of the desert~ Make sure to stay hidrated~"

The planet passed through the portal, the eyes closing themselves, as did the portal in a similar manner to them, before Ocaeril disappeared, leaving Helsa with herself after he said those final, few words to her, who were arguably...Out of character.

He really has changed, or perhaps that 'part' of him was simply augmented?

The world really goes around, huh...

Helsa Conversational

"...Learn to make your own, tentacle-for-brains." With a roll of his eyes followed by a smile, Ocaeril snapped his fingers, and another gap in reality, opened itself, as Ocaeril slowly walked into it. Or, well, he would, if Helsa hadn't said something even he couldn't have seen with his third eye.

Instead of ignoring it and cringing awkwardly, however, Ocaeril simply turned to see Helsa, a smile still on his face, as he looked truly amused.

"Not every single one of your thoughts has to be said out loud, you know. But, it might be because of the desert~ Make sure to stay hidrated~"

The planet passed through the portal, the eyes closing themselves, as did the portal in a similar manner to them, before Ocaeril disappeared, leaving Helsa with herself after he said those final, few words to her, who were arguably...Out of character.

He really has changed, or perhaps that 'part' of him was simply augmented?

The world really goes around, huh...

Helsa was frozen for a moment, having realized that she basically said she found Ocaeril hot to his face. "Oh me..." She groaned, slumping in her throne completely. "Why....What is my life...It was easier when I could just be pure evil and not have to worry about hot, manipulative guys in suits..."

Helsa would spend the rest of the day complaining and drinking coffee. She would end up throwing up later and make her cultists clean up the mess, because she could.

GM UPDATE:

Ickol Explorational

Hm, she’s responsive enough, at any rate.

Ickok decides to travel onward and see if there’s anything noteworthy.

The entire area seems to be featureless, though the continued ramblings would confirm that this is, in fact, the true Meryl. It would likely be unwise to free her, as it was entirely possible that Meryl far outmatched ickol in strength, especially since her powers over the dreamworld were nonexistent past the shore, however, it would seem that via she, being the strongest link to her world available, would continuously pull Ickol towards her unless she had something of that old world to counteract this effect.​

GM UPDATE:

The entire area seems to be featureless, though the continued ramblings would confirm that this is, in fact, the true Meryl. It would likely be unwise to free her, as it was entirely possible that Meryl far outmatched ickol in strength, especially since her powers over the dreamworld were nonexistent past the shore, however, it would seem that via she, being the strongest link to her world available, would continuously pull Ickol towards her unless she had something of that old world to counteract this effect.​
Ickol Explorational

The goddess thought about using the Lance to pull herself back, but reconsidered. If she couldn’t free Meryl here without too much risk...

The bird sent me to see about freeing you. Zem is moving forward. I know about the mission, and capturing Tanya. Listen: do you know where your material self is? Where did they put you?

GM UPDATE:

Ickol Explorational

The goddess thought about using the Lance to pull herself back, but reconsidered. If she couldn’t free Meryl here without too much risk...

The bird sent me to see about freeing you. Zem is moving forward. I know about the mission, and capturing Tanya. Listen: do you know where your material self is? Where did they put you?

Meryl's reply was a garbled mess of swear words and nonsensical mouth noises. Ickol could make out very little of it as she was repeatedly cut off by the resets. The only thing that made any sense was "I'M BALLS DEEP IN A BOX SOMEWHERE IN THE MIRROR WORLD", but even that was questionable. It would appear this being's mind has deteriorated considerably, which leads Ickol to realize that, were she to free this creature, it may simply attack her immediately given its reduction to a being of base instinct.​

GM UPDATE:

Meryl's reply was a garbled mess of swear words and nonsensical mouth noises. Ickol could make out very little of it as she was repeatedly cut off by the resets. The only thing that made any sense was "I'M BALLS DEEP IN A BOX SOMEWHERE IN THE MIRROR WORLD", but even that was questionable. It would appear this being's mind has deteriorated considerably, which leads Ickol to realize that, were she to free this creature, it may simply attack her immediately given its reduction to a being of base instinct.​
Ickol Explorational

Hm, if her dream self was reflective of her material mind, it appears the clone Ickol had created would have been the ideal component in ‘teaming up’ with the pair of Outsiders. As it stood, though, she had no regrets about killing it. The original being little more than a mindless beast worked out perfectly. She had a rampaging monster to unleash instead of a treacherous degenerate. And the possibilities!

Maybe once she finally encountered ‘Zem’, she could lead him to Meryl, and the crazed sea beast would attack. With any luck, one would be killed and the other now an enraged weapon pointed at the gods. But first, she’d need to locate the Mirror World as well as Zem, not to mention get more information. Let’s see, the Mirror World was connected to one of Arceus’ spawn, right? Damn, but which one? She was starting to regret ignoring the Shaper and his children.

I will free you soon. And then you can tear all those bastards a new one and teach them to relish the pain as you do.” She promised.

Hope is a dangerous thing. So often it sours into further despair and madness as it seems just out of reach. That ought to kick the beehive a little more. For now...

Ickol smiled, she couldn’t believe she hadn’t thought of this before. Since this creature had little to offer at the moment, perhaps-

She pulled out the Lance. While it was a tether to the Ocaeril dreamlands as an object of her world, she remembered that it had pierced the dark bird itself, a creature from another world.

Focusing on the tip of the Lance rather than the object itself, Ickol felt out, grasping for a tether onwards rather than one leading back.

GM UPDATE:

Ickol Explorational

Hm, if her dream self was reflective of her material mind, it appears the clone Ickol had created would have been the ideal component in ‘teaming up’ with the pair of Outsiders. As it stood, though, she had no regrets about killing it. The original being little more than a mindless beast worked out perfectly. She had a rampaging monster to unleash instead of a treacherous degenerate. And the possibilities!

Maybe once she finally encountered ‘Zem’, she could lead him to Meryl, and the crazed sea beast would attack. With any luck, one would be killed and the other now an enraged weapon pointed at the gods. But first, she’d need to locate the Mirror World as well as Zem, not to mention get more information. Let’s see, the Mirror World was connected to one of Arceus’ spawn, right? Damn, but which one? She was starting to regret ignoring the Shaper and his children.

I will free you soon. And then you can tear all those bastards a new one and teach them to relish the pain as you do.” She promised.

Hope is a dangerous thing. So often it sours into further despair and madness as it seems just out of reach. That ought to kick the beehive a little more. For now...

Ickol smiled, she couldn’t believe she hadn’t thought of this before. Since this creature had little to offer at the moment, perhaps-

She pulled out the Lance. While it was a tether to the Ocaeril dreamlands as an object of her world, she remembered that it had pierced the dark bird itself, a creature from another world.

Focusing on the tip of the Lance rather than the object itself, Ickol felt out, grasping for a tether onwards rather than one leading back.

She would be carried across the sea for untold ages, at times being driven near madness by the monotony of the endless waves. She would, however, soon take sight of a pair of great floating islands over the sea, her spear drawn to them, though one seeming to hold a stronger bond to it than the other. The islands were separated by some distance, though Ickol could tell that one was far, far larger than the other.​

Last edited:
GM UPDATE:

She would be carried across the sea for untold ages, at times being driven near madness by the monotony of the endless waves. She would, however, soon take sight of a pair of great floating islands over the sea, her spear drawn to them, though one seeming to hold a stronger bond to it than the other. The islands were separated by some distance, though Ickol could tell that one was far, far larger than the other.​
Ickol Explorational

Ickol travelled to the one with the stronger bond, her eyes alert.

GM UPDATE:

Ickol Explorational

Ickol travelled to the one with the stronger bond, her eyes alert.

The continent is expansive and clearly well-populated, but Ickol is drawn to a mountain range in particular, seeming to be inhabited by a race of multicolored birds, their dream-equivalents mingling with batfolk and ghouls roaming the ground below the mountain peaks. Among the rainbow birds are entirely black owl-like versions, in contrast to the phoenixes. These appear identical to "Zemmy".​

Farmer Joe Action 1

Joe would gaze upon the streets filled with fire, blood and screams. Thud. Thud. Thud. The continuity of the executions had begun to bore him as it soon became a normalcy for the Empire. While he enjoyed some good bloodshed now and then, this was becoming excessive and there wasn't even a war just political uprisings. Some of his highest ranking clergy had been executed in name of the new government but he knew it would fall. Tyranny doesn't last for long in any form. The people would rise and a better government would be put in place. Time would tell.

His followers were numerous far and wide but he had to ensure that the faith remained, agriculture was key to the success of sentient civilization and that concept would be true. But would he? So, he set up shrines with his imagery in the rural villages of the Empire where the bloodshed hadn't reached and other locations where his faith remained and flourished. Plunts and surviving clergy to be caretakers of the shrines and he left instructions for them. 'A small portion of their harvest and a few drips of blood if a farmer and three copper pieces if another profession.' A simple annual ritual for his worshipers to have in his remembrance.

GM UPDATE:

The continent is expansive and clearly well-populated, but Ickol is drawn to a mountain range in particular, seeming to be inhabited by a race of multicolored birds, their dream-equivalents mingling with batfolk and ghouls roaming the ground below the mountain peaks. Among the rainbow birds are entirely black owl-like versions, in contrast to the phoenixes. These appear identical to "Zemmy".​
Ickol Explorational

The goddess searches the dreamscape for the idea of Zemmy.

Action 3

As the Hedgehog kind under Yharim's control invaded the lands of the worshippers of Yimor, the sky crackled to them, and suddenly a shining light, one of a color never before seen shined upon them.

A large voice crackled and boomed right in their heads.

/SUFFER FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE/

Suddenly that light revealed to them many things, things that no mortal mind could comprehend, they could only watch as their minds dwindled away into ravage beasts that fought amongst themselves, this was the fate for every Hedgehog who dared hurt the worshippers of Yimor.

Fortunately for Hedgehog kind, this madness was only brought upon on any that dared trespass the land where the Worshippers of Yimor lay, for it is but only retribution of their attempts in invading their land.

Last edited:

• ____________________________________________________________
    ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER: Action 3

As Silva, Braelor and Statis listened intently to the dialogue beyond the torture chamber, in which they had been stripped naked and chained to the wall for some time now, struggling to escape, they would hear Yharim's shouts as his attention was consumed by a matter far, far more significant than their failed attempts at overthrowing his majesty, and infinitely more significant than three naked prisoners escaping their confines.

"WHAT. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!? MY ENTIRE ARMY!?"

Yharon would snarl at the rage of his lord, while Draedon gestured for the jungle king to calm himself, speaking softly as such.

"My king, I assure you we may recover from this. The insanity befalling them only made them more dangerous to those of the island they invade. While they may have wiped themselves out, Titania is weaker than ever before. Now is the perfect time to-"

"I wanna take you out, and I can't deny~!"

Yharim's head turned, his audio recorders picking up on the soft singing in the distance.

"Can you hear that?"

"I'll be crushin' on you 'til the day you die!"

Meanwhile, A hedgehog soldier, seemingly driven mad in the same fashion as all others who had set foot on Titania, was proving suspiciously difficult to kill. He moved with alien grace, seeming to predict the movements of every opponent in his path and tearing them apart with elongated claws before they could make said movements. Given that the hedgehogs never used guns or any similar weapons, relying on their own physical prowess and natural killing abilities, this was, while extraordinary, still possible. What was extremely unusual, however, was the ocular discoloration, along with the fact that it was singing.

"I wanna get inside you, and so much more! It's not my first time I've doe this before! You've been runnin' through my mind since you crawled out of the floor, one second in my arms I'll be runnin' through yours~!"

Yharim stood in disbelief as he watched the goings-on in the temple.

"What..."

The deranged hedgehog gave Yharim an answer.

"I'll rip! And I'll tear! 'Cause it's more than I can bare when you're not there it tears me apart! I swear I'll rip and tear I'll rip and tear my way to your heart~!"

As it finished its song, the beast would burst through the blockade Yharim's forces had established, tackling Yharim and somehow, despite his armor weighing a veritable ton, knocking him over. It would seem to cast a spell, and before the eyes of his entire court, he would vanish into a cloud of black pixels. Reappearing on a remote island, with not a soul to witness his fate.

"W-Where am I!?"

His question would be answered as Original materialized in front of him, his voice returning to normal and his claws returning to their ordinary length.

"In a big'ole heap of trouble my friend! I must say I am dissapointed with your misuse of my gift! I thought you'd lead my chosen into a big'ole golden age but nope! Y'all go'n get'chaselves smited! Hah! 'Boutta get smited again buddy! Can't say I regret it!"

Yharim would raise his Ultisword in preparation to swing it at the divinity, only for it to fall apart, along with his armor, leaving him exposed and unarmed.

"A cheap knockoff 'ole pal! Can't 'xpect that'ta protect ya' when ya' really need it!"

Original's claws elongated once again, and a suit of armor appeared on the divine, resembling an imitation of Yharim's own. Along with a duplicate of his sword, accessories and even his dragon. As Original approached, Yharim backed away in terror, trawling through his mind to try and remember all he know of the ancient god of his people. He was a trickster, but one who treated those below him as his own and despised his more destructive brethren. He held a love for art and a twisted obsession with another deity of a similar but darker persuasion, but unlike her he would step down to the level of men and remain there if challenged, but to what? Yharim had poured over the ancient texts for so long, and the answer was on the tip of his tongue.

"Sayonara buddy!"

"Wait!"

Original paused, his duplicate sword raised to strike the final blow.

"Original! Ancient god of my people! I challenge you to the game of hide-and-seek!"

Original stood in shock, his armor falling away. He would step back, taking a bow to Yharim, unable to refuse a challenge so ingrained into his nature.

"Ah! So long has it been since one of this world challenged me so! Surely you know the stakes? A game to the death this is!"

"I have nothing to lose."

"Then a dangerous opponent you shall be! Now let us begin!"

A great wall of force would rise around the island, marking it as the boundary of the games.

"I'll hide first! close your eyes and count to a hundred!"

Yharim raised a metaphorical eyebrow.

"That's it?"

"Yes! Now go on! do it!"

Yharim obliges, beginning to count to one hundred as Original takes off on foot into the jungle, moving as fast as one would expect for a hedgehog and soon finding a nice pile of leaves to crawl inside. Yharim would finish his count and take off into the jungle, following the sound of the footsteps he had heard along with the tracks they had left. His race were born trackers, and the scent of Original was unmistakable, and yet, the countless winding turns the divine had make often threw him off the trail, and as he burst into a clearing, frantically looking for his quarry, a familiar track began to play in the background.

Moments before that fatal "Blub" could play, however, Yharim tore open the leaves covering Original to find him curled up into a ball beneath.

"Ah! You found me! Say we take'a five minute break or get on to the final round, winnah-take-all?"

"I see no reason to prolong your existence. Let's finish this!"

With that, Original smiled, and covered his eyes.

"And'a one-nekomatus and'a two-nekomatus and'a three-nekomatus and'a--"

This continued until he reached one hundred, calmly laying down his tophat and returning to his bestial appearance. He would stalk the island for some time, sniffing the air for the jungle tyrant. His search would become more frantic as time passed and Yharim would take note of this, hiding away in a pond with a tube of bamboo as a breathing straw. Original's search would break into a panic as he flipped over rocks, tore through bushes and seemed to experience a true sense of fear as the jingle began to play once more. Finishing his search of a tree, the jingle would near its end, and Original would take note of one last bush he had not checked, on the shore of a pond. He would leap from that tree, just barely missing the shore and landing in the pod, where the jingle would conclude the moment he locked eyes with Yharim.

"Well would'ya look at that! I won!"

The jingle would conclude, and with a look of shock on his face, Yharim would fall into the ground like sonic does when he runs out of breath.

GM UPDATE:

The land would shift to that of an apocalyptic wasteland, life fading into dust and an omnipresent desert overtaking the fields. Crackling manastorms and mushroom clouds could be seen in all directions. Clearly, this being was an object of apocalyptic fear.
Ickol Explorational

In the empty wastes, a cackling echoed as an antlered woman skipped around in excited euphoria. Such a magnificent creature! It was regretful she’s eventually have to ensure his demise. The sea witch was entertaining, but this, this being is a true work of art to be capable of this.

But the scene before her was but a whisper of fear. Clearly, this creature had gone by other names. She focused on the image of the bird she had fought, and also for Inqui Rey and Tanya.

GM UPDATE:

Ickol Explorational

In the empty wastes, a cackling echoed as an antlered woman skipped around in excited euphoria. Such a magnificent creature! It was regretful she’s eventually have to ensure his demise. The sea witch was entertaining, but this, this being is a true work of art to be capable of this.

But the scene before her was but a whisper of fear. Clearly, this creature had gone by other names. She focused on the image of the bird she had fought, and also for Inqui Rey and Tanya.

Flowers would begin to sprout across the wasteland as the storms cleared and gave way to blue skies above. The charred crags would morph into rolling green hills and images of castles and cities would emerge across the landscape as a great flaming bird took the place of the sun. It resembled a phoenix superficially, though in terms of size and the power it radiated this was clearly the same or at least a similar being to what Ickol had seen. Perhaps he had destroyed the world and restored it as a show of force? She likely would never know as her focus on Inqui would seem to pull her down, through the ground and into a dark underworld where faceless legions marched beneath towering banners. Strangely, in regard to the cyclopean architecture of the underground city and the strange gutteral language of its inhabitants, they would resemble the Vril. Though, the slothful goddess presiding over them bore no resemblance to Ickol herself, a stumbling figure of radiant blue light that would split into four, one with flailing tentacles, one with blackened armor, one resembling the mother of the rest and one being the runt of the litter. That one would vanish as the underworld cracked open, the goddess of its demons rising through the opening to embrace the phoenix above. From their... activities that followed, A golden light would descent and take the appearance of a small girl, who would promptly tear off her own head and replace it with one resembling a warlord of sorts, coated in nightmarish tattoos and wearing a helmet fashioned from a dragon's skull. The girl would walk into a vortex of sorts, hand-in-hand with the previously mentioned runt and vanish, leading the greater goddess to dive back into the underworld in tears while the the phoenix above would once again reduce the land around it to a wasteland before tearing itself in half, one light and one dark. The Dark Phoenix would fly into the vortex alongside the sea-witch, while the firey one flew down to comfort its lover. The dreamlands would fade back into an omnipresent desert, and Ickol got the feeling she had learned all she could from this place.​

Somewhere near the Tower of Wishes, a Morlock appeared. Bloated and covered in filth, the wizard-turned-monster emerged from the woods and slowly shambled towards the imposing tower. Once the monster finally got close to it, e comes to a stop.

"The task is done. Time to die."

With that, Morlock raises one of his clawed hands and precedes to slashes his own throat. Morlock than falls to the ground and begins making gurgling noises as blood pored out of his ruined throat. But as he laid there bleeding, something strange happened. His monstrous body began to fall apart as it was slowly liquefied into a black, oil-like substance. And as the body was melting, the ground started to soak up the substance until nothing remained.

Kurantse Action I
Kurantse sat in the study of the Lord of Zhailving, deep in conference.

"The Empire have long been our allies, my lord," the ruler said. "Why should we turn on them now?"

The merchant god tapped his metallic fingers together, a shrewd look in his eyes. "That's true - but what with this revolution, they're looking to be on the ropes as it is. More cost-effective to just tip 'em over the rest of the way, eh?"

The Lord looked pensive. "I suppose. It still seems rather... duplicitous. And risky, even with their current turmoil."

"Yeah, whatever. You gotta take risks to turn a profit, ya know? Anyways, give me a rundown of the military forces. I need to know what we're working with."

The ruler passed one of the many sheaves of paper on his desk to the deity, who began looking them over. In truth, he was only paying half attention. He had a rough idea of the military's capabilities already, and he wouldn't be leading the battles himself. Instead, he rolled over the actions he was about to take in his head.

It was true that the Empire had long been allied Zhailving, but the mortal implications of that were lesser than what it might mean for him personally. Joe considered him something of a friend, and Kurantse him. A betrayal of his patron nation would essentially be a betrayal of Joe. But, surely the other god would forgive him? It's not as if he had no other irons in the fire. Besides, if it came to it, he could claim he'd had no hand in the Lord's decision.

In any case, the decision was made. Zhailving would go to war.

Farmer Joe: Action 2
Kurantse Action I
Kurantse sat in the study of the Lord of Zhailving, deep in conference.

"The Empire have long been our allies, my lord," the ruler said. "Why should we turn on them now?"

The merchant god tapped his metallic fingers together, a shrewd look in his eyes. "That's true - but what with this revolution, they're looking to be on the ropes as it is. More cost-effective to just tip 'em over the rest of the way, eh?"

The Lord looked pensive. "I suppose. It still seems rather... duplicitous. And risky, even with their current turmoil."

"Yeah, whatever. You gotta take risks to turn a profit, ya know? Anyways, give me a rundown of the military forces. I need to know what we're working with."

The ruler passed one of the many sheaves of paper on his desk to the deity, who began looking them over. In truth, he was only paying half attention. He had a rough idea of the military's capabilities already, and he wouldn't be leading the battles himself. Instead, he rolled over the actions he was about to take in his head.

It was true that the Empire had long been allied Zhailving, but the mortal implications of that were lesser than what it might mean for him personally. Joe considered him something of a friend, and Kurantse him. A betrayal of his patron nation would essentially be a betrayal of Joe. But, surely the other god would forgive him? It's not as if he had no other irons in the fire. Besides, if it came to it, he could claim he'd had no hand in the Lord's decision.

In any case, the decision was made. Zhailving would go to war.
When the sirens began to wail of Zhailving’s treachery, Joe was shocked. He sat dazed at the news, watching the daily flogging but not really. This was getting interesting he supposed, war, though the Empire needed to retaliate. Shit. He had to coerce a tyrant, well there must be some ounce of patriotism?

“Hey you, yeah you. I’m Joe, the farmer god that’s been helping out this nation. Of course I’m real, ya dipshit. Anyways what’s your game plan? Attack back? I like your idea. Call in the army then, and head to Zhailving, call for conscription by the way. I’m off to go sabotage them.”

Joe will head towards Zhailving. With him he brought the locusts and famine, ravaging food stores, livestock and crops. If Zhailving needed to feed their soldiers they would find only rot and dust. Cursing their lands to never grow again.

“KURAAAA! Where are you?!”

GM UPDATE:

Flowers would begin to sprout across the wasteland as the storms cleared and gave way to blue skies above. The charred crags would morph into rolling green hills and images of castles and cities would emerge across the landscape as a great flaming bird took the place of the sun. It resembled a phoenix superficially, though in terms of size and the power it radiated this was clearly the same or at least a similar being to what Ickol had seen. Perhaps he had destroyed the world and restored it as a show of force? She likely would never know as her focus on Inqui would seem to pull her down, through the ground and into a dark underworld where faceless legions marched beneath towering banners. Strangely, in regard to the cyclopean architecture of the underground city and the strange gutteral language of its inhabitants, they would resemble the Vril. Though, the slothful goddess presiding over them bore no resemblance to Ickol herself, a stumbling figure of radiant blue light that would split into four, one with flailing tentacles, one with blackened armor, one resembling the mother of the rest and one being the runt of the litter. That one would vanish as the underworld cracked open, the goddess of its demons rising through the opening to embrace the phoenix above. From their... activities that followed, A golden light would descent and take the appearance of a small girl, who would promptly tear off her own head and replace it with one resembling a warlord of sorts, coated in nightmarish tattoos and wearing a helmet fashioned from a dragon's skull. The girl would walk into a vortex of sorts, hand-in-hand with the previously mentioned runt and vanish, leading the greater goddess to dive back into the underworld in tears while the the phoenix above would once again reduce the land around it to a wasteland before tearing itself in half, one light and one dark. The Dark Phoenix would fly into the vortex alongside the sea-witch, while the firey one flew down to comfort its lover. The dreamlands would fade back into an omnipresent desert, and Ickol got the feeling she had learned all she could from this place.​
Ickol Explorational/ Action 3
Ickol allowed herself to be pulled back to Ocaeril’s dreamlands in the plane, giggling all the while. All this, for that brat?! It defies sense, it defies everything! And that’s why she loved it! She loved everything about this! For the first time in a long time, Ickol truly felt refreshed. There was a bubbling joy in her that left her practically vibrating in excitement.

That world-! A place where Joe and Inqui has come from, Krass and his creator, the dark bird and the sea witch, Tanya! Such a wonderfully awful and awfully wonderful place! Even in its dreamlands, she could taste the touch of the Void Lord upon it. And as she had watched the visions, she had realized something. It had felt right to be standing there. That sense of unease that had driven her to spend time in the dreamlands where it was diluted, that was almost gone. She had witnessed flashes of a world that was stable yet succumbed to entropy! That must be why the Void Lord had placed her here: to restore Ocaeril to that untethered cacophony of madness that his last opus had accomplished! She had done little but seek entertainment and tap a hammer against the status quo whenever things threatened to get stale, but now, for the first time since before the gods slept, she felt a purpose.

And oh, what she had learned! The sea witch was the sister of Inqui Rey, and both were the lessers to a true goddess. One who struggled to pacify her empire under, not rile them up. And this goddess had somehow tamed the terrible once-destroyer of their land and bore him a daughter. Yet she had evolved somehow, and enticed a betrayal, or at least an act perceived as one. Mysteries upon mysteries! And here she thought the hero and her side piece knight queen to be bland at the best of times. So much to learn! She had mostly been bluffing when she offered power to the witch, but now that she knew Inqui started as a fragment just like the two shadows their idiotic greater selves had sent out as captors, it stood to reason they really could become separate divine beings and ascend as the runt had. Why not kill the witch, though? Surely it wasn’t sentiment... unless! They couldn’t, somehow, because of the connection!

Oh~
How absolutely glorious this machine was now that she could truly see its glory. And how perfect it will be when she throws a wrench into it~

Her return to the material plane was mostly uneventful, although she did give a secret task to the Still Liars: find as much information on the Dark Bird as they could. Come the next cycle, it would be about time they had a chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back