• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Worst Pantheon: Live and Reloaded (IC Thread) (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Fluff Post

Tanya looked around, the sweat piling on herself, she did not want to die to some measly Imperial nut job, but the sheer coincidence that they had copper on them was annoying as hell.

Sh turned her head to Merlin who was tied up with her on the back, she chuckled nervously as she struggled in her ropes.

"Why the hell didn't you cast a spell yet?!"

"Uhh, so uh you know how I play lots of tavern tricks to a-"

"You were the one who set off the fire works haven't you"

"Yes" she said shamefully as her head drooped.

Tanya sighed as she looked around, struggling against the ropes to loosen it more and more.

"Now, now don't worry Tanya-chan! I'm sure our apprentices will help us sooner than later! Aany minute now!"

"Okay fine, I'll trust them like a good mentor I am"

"Wonderful! Keep up the good mind-"

"Actually even if you lost most of your mana with that fireworks display which was so big that I swear even the Nekomatus would see it, shouldn't you be able to do something? Actually why are you here?!"

"Well do you want the truth or the nicely coated one"

"The truth you perverted half-incubus"

"Okay I may or may not have tried to initiate a lesbian relationship with the mayor of the town"

Tanya's response was only a stare.

Merlin chuckled sheepishly

"And so uhh, the Inquisitor was the friend of the mayor and when they found us, uhh, doing the thing, he instinctively did some holy spell, which uhh, well, hurted me and now I'm somehow binded"

"How are you binded?! YOU ARE MERLIN! THE FUCKING MERLIN OF CAMELOT! YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THINGS! YOU ARE THE ONE OF THE GRAND CANDIDATES OF THE GRAND CASTER CLASS! IF NOT THE GRAND CASTER CLASS! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO WEAK HERE?!"

"Well, uhh, WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING ANYTHING OH QUEEN OF CAMELOT?! YOU'RE SUPPOSSED TO BE POWERFUL! OH APPRENTICE OF THE FIRST HERO"

"I! HAVE A VERY GOOD EXPLANATION FOR THAT! AND THAT IS THE FUCKING BAR OF COPPER STABBED INTO MY INSIDES! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN I AM IN?!! THE BURNING WILL BE LESS PAINFUL THAN THIS!"

"SORRY! BUT-hey do you smell that?"

"Wait, a burning smell"

They looked down to see that the wood was lit up already and they were slowly reaching them, to their fiery deaths, not dying by lack of oxygen since they could handle that, but the burning itself.

"Well that's annoying"

"Indeed! So uhh, scream for help?!"

"Tch, I'm much more better than that"

"No, I mean we should really scream for help, our loud noises would get everyone's attention with how loud we are right?"

"Wait wha-oh" she then noticed her apprentice and Daisy on the rooftops.

"I see, well I guess there's a first time for everything"

Tanya cleared her throat and screamed as loud as she can

"HEEEEELP! HEEEELP! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! WHERE ARE THE GODS WHEN YOU NEED THEM?!!? I'M GONNA DIE TO STUPID DEATH WHICH WILL MAKE ME AN UTTER FOOL TO EVERYONE IN THE THRONE!"

"Yeah! Yeah! More! More!"

"SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM DYING WITH THIS IDIOTIC FOOL!"

"Ye-HEY! OH SHUT UP YOU ARROGANT PRICK!"

"I MEAN! HAVE YOU SEEN HER?! SHE GOES AROUND LIKE A HARLOT!"

"OH COME ON!"

The two then continued to bicker when Daisy summoned a strange monstrous creature which resembled a wingless dragon but made out of clay, it roared as it trashed around, Daisy and Tanya's apprentice dropped down from the building, Tanya's apprentice grabbed a few dozen knives from her satchel and accurately threw them at the guards who weren't distracted by the clay drake.

Daisy took an enchantment of fire resistance as she jumped in and slowly cut off the ropes as the clay drake and Tanya's apprentice held the bay as more and more militia went in at the orders of the Inquisitor.

Eventually Daisy was able to get the ropes cut off, pull out the bar of copper out of Tanya, grabbed both of them, and jumped Tanya and Merlin off safely.

Tanya's apprentice saw that they were getting away and ran after them, Daisy performed a spell which threw out an ethereal hand which Tanya's apprentice grabbed, Daisy then pulled Tanya's apprentice to them.

Daisy then made a hand sign which caused the Clay Dragon to inflate and bubble before exploding, a huge burst of smoke covered most of the town, which allowed the four to escape.

Tanya's apprentice gasped for air as she ran with the others, looking at Daisy, she asked her a question.

"heh, that was awesome! What was that anyways?"

"oh" Daisy sighed before resuming "it was pretty simple, over the years, I developed a Jutsu which allowed me to manipulate clay, see!" Daisy then removed her glove to show off the hand in her mouth.

"Oh! Sick! I gotta learn that"

"Sure! I'll teach you if you can later! But for now, let's scram!"

Meanwhile in the town, the Inquisitor coughed and gasped for air as he waved away the smoke, he gritted his teeth as he looked to the sky.

"I'll get you Lich! If it's the last thing I'll doo!"

Rhubarion Action _ 1.

Rhubarion sat on the shimmering grand piano, located on the marble dominated foyer. There he hunkered over the keys, mindlessly tapping them and in a careless manner. He contemplated his state of being; Why was he chosen to be a deity by the diving beings of the cosmos? Why did so many of his followers seemingly freefall to their deaths before his very eyes? Why did the higher-ups of the universe grant him the bodily form of just a sphere with a triangle in the center? To him, these questions seemed blatantly unanswerable. No conceivable force could possibly inform him of why he is the way he is... just a lousy ball with no essential purpose. Ξ”

Suddenly, Rhubarion broke out into song on the piano. His slow and sloppy tapping nearly transformed into a blaze and blur of intriguing virtuosity. Somehow, he manipulated the auditory characteristics of the piano in such a way, he manifested the once standard sound of a magnificent grand piano into an electronically produced synthesizer sound. Eventually the piano also created several other instruments, including percussion and bass. His followers who were dazed and sedated by complete boredom heard the music and broke into dance. All 3 of them performed an oddly calculated routine. Despite the maniacal flailing of their arms and gyrating of their hips, they still remained synchronous.

Anprims love their classic techno.

After 5 or so minutes of incredibly tiresome thrashing and swinging. One of his followers, Crud, looked to be drenched in sweat and lying on the cold floor, unresponsive. Quickly the other anprims began to look down at him. Clearly, he wasn't in a pleasant state.

"Good god, I think he's..he's..d-"

"DEAD! He's dead as a goddamn doornail! That poor bastard, he even owed me several wheels of cheese."

"How fucking dare you! Instead of mourning the man, you immediately recall him owing you some stupid-ass dairy product."

"Why you measly bi-"

Rhubarion rapidly interjected the conflict and stood up from the piano bench.

"Pipe down you mouth-breathers. You do know I have something that can easily remedy this bullshit?"

Rhubarion began to raise his hands above the followers' lifeless body and declare a spiritual hymn.

"...π’žπ’½π‘œ-π’¦π“Š-𝑅𝑒𝒾...π’žπ’½π‘œ-π’¦π“Š-𝑅𝑒𝒾...π’žπ’½π‘œ-π’¦π“Š-𝑅𝑒𝒾..."

To the shock of his acolytes, Crud began to levitate. His entire body shifted in such a manner that he slowly began to be propped up on his feet. His sweat was completely gone and he started to mumble inaudible words.

"Wuh, what happened"

"Oh my god, you're alive!"

"You're right! He's looks to be perfectly fine!"

"Crud, you died from techno-induced exhaustion. I just revived you with my hands-on healing."

"You're kidding.. that's astounding."

"That's truly perplexing... now where's my fucking cheese you dairy whore!"

Rhubarion had completely revitalized the lifeforce of Crud. Evidently, it perplexed his followers and they begged him to possibly teach him the ways of hands-on healing. Reluctantly, he taught them the healing method... the ways of Reiki.

1588077980014.png

__________Follower_Reference_________.

Gnob = Yellow Text
-
Crud = Orange Text
-
Kadnagarburrovahtingtang = Magenta Text

.______________________________________________.

Somewhere inside the Hidden Leaf Village...
Long before the battle for everyone's souls, long before Zyr's defeat and the war of the Empire and it's inner conflicts, Konohagakure had many exemplary Chakra users. Children practicing their techniques, seeing who was able to climb a tree faster with only their feet, some comparing their Kekkei Genkai, and older children telling others about their experiences in the academy and the Monster Hunter's guild. Indeed, the Hidden Leaf village, as many decided to call it, was an exemplary show off the power Chakra had. With its leaders strong and powerful, it's people ever-growing and learning new techniques, and names of important figures in the world who revolutionized Chakra usage coming from them.

However, as exemplary as Konoha was...

"You got hurt again?!"

"I-I'm sooorry! Please heal me..."

They were still at the end of the day humans.

A young girl, no older than maybe 11, sighed as she held the foot of yet another boy who fell from the trees trying to copy the village's Jounin. Her blonde hair covered her eyes, which were filled to the brim with disappointment as she let out an angry sigh to the boy. Nobody she knew. Only yet another 'client' she had to heal due to her Kekkei Genkai...

Yes, Marisa Irun, from the Irun Clan, a relatively new clan in Konoha, possessed a Kekkei Genkai. The 'bloodline limit' of someone. The mutation of Chakra in her body, allowing her and other members of her family to...Heal people. Indeed, the Irun Clan was a clan of medics, healing soldiers during missions, and using powerful Medical Ninjutsu in battle. Despite sounding impressive, the Irun clan fell short compared to other older clans.

But even so, it wasn't an excuse for her to heal people.

The sound of Chakra flowing through her pathway systems was heard. Her hands were placed atop the boy's leg. It was a simple twist, fell down a tree, broke some water and blood. Nothing too serious, although he does wince a lot when she places her fingers in specific spots. Either he was a wuss or he managed to get hurt really bad... "Ugh, I told you people multiple times already! Don't try and climb trees with Chakra without supervision! It's dumb and you'll end up breaking something!"

Her hands shining a soft blue. Beyond her and everyone's else's sight, the inner cells of the boy meant to close up wounds were powered up. An outside force was adding energy to them, as the natural pathways in his feet start to automatically straighten themselves and return to their natural state. To anyone else, it looked like a simple restoration spell. To Marisa? It was natural biology aided by magic.
Soon, the boy's foot seemed to have returned to normal. It was less swollen, and the giant bubble that formed due to the wound soon got smaller...Relatively, that is. The boy wasn't completely healed, but...It was good enough.

"There, you're patched up! Now don't go running up trees like a Jounin again, you hear me? Jeez..." Marisa said, waving her hands around for the boy to get the message and go away. He had little to say to her, aside from a quiet 'thank you' as he ran away. Honestly, these people...She should just start...

"...Wow, you're pretty good at that. You should start getting paid for it."

...Getting paid at it? Turning her head around, Marisa soon met with someone.

A blonde woman with green eyes. She was no older than 21 and had a very generous body structure. She wore traveling clothes, wearing a hat meant to block away the sun hitting her face, a small bottle of beer in her hand. She was an extremely beautiful woman, and Marisa couldn't help but wonder one thing, as she unknowingly stared at Larrisa, one of the Big Three Senjutsu users, student of Yveltal of the Skies, and immortal who searched far and wide through the world, saw its sights, and the secrets it had to offer.

"...Are you a prostitute?"

As Larrisa choked on her drink, Marisa, the future 3rd Hokage of Konoha who would revolutionize Medical Jutsus, stared at the strange woman who would become her teacher.

It was on a night of a full moon that the guardians of the temple met eachother again for their usual meetings. They were the ten overseers: young men who would sacrifice them self without doubt for their patron god, Andreacys. They were all fully armed and they knew that the holy task that they beared on their shoulders was greater than any other. But they were the chosen ones! They would succeed, suddenly a breeze came and their god appeared.

They all immediately fell on their knees and one man while stuttering said "My l-ooo-rd, wh-a" before he could finish Andreacys said "Stand up my great warriors, you are the saviors of the world. I shall grant you all powers to reinforce our churches power. I want you all to go conquer new lands and bring righteousness everywhere. Spread light where the world is dark and barren. Spread my word over the continent and if they don’t accept it peacefully then unsheathe your sword and go to war my sons”

The men stood up their legs still rejected to stand perfectly still. And on that moment while their knees were shaking the founding fathers of the church of the sky were born . They were given powers beyond imagination such as control of weather. They were able to manipulate the weather and use the wind to create huge tornados. They could control lightning like they were one of the gods. They became the holy guardians of the church of the sky. They were surely to bring wealth and expand the influence of the church.

their names:
Acrisias
Sarpedon
Musaios
Theopompos
Eryalus
Sthenelaus
Karipos
Theopompus
Hippolytos
Nearchos

They all went to command their own armies and create their own branches of the church. They would be revered as legendary warriors and their remnants (wherever they were to lay) were sure to cause pilgrimages.

Andreacys hoped that they would be able to leave a legacy behind, a legacy so great that every being would respect the church of the sky and it’s god. Andreacys wasn’t anxious though because these were the greatest warriors and Intellectuals who he could find. He managed to recruit them and kept them in service before rewarding them by making them Demi gods.

It is recorded in the manuscripts of the church that Acrisias said that night "We shall bring justice everywhere even it may cost our life" where loud "urrah" where heard the whole night to the point that the neighbors complained to the city guard. Little did they know how important these people were going to become!

β€œKURAAAA! Where are you?!”
The merchant god curses under his breath, then commands the Zhailvingi to start shipping in supplies from neighboring nations. Knowing Joe, Zhailving wouldn't be growing anything for the next couple generations. He'd really hoped Joe wouldn't notice this.

He flies out to meet Joe over the nation. "Joe, buddy, what's goin' on?"

The merchant god curses under his breath, then commands the Zhailvingi to start shipping in supplies from neighboring nations. Knowing Joe, Zhailving wouldn't be growing anything for the next couple generations. He'd really hoped Joe wouldn't notice this.

He flies out to meet Joe over the nation. "Joe, buddy, what's goin' on?"
Joe swings his scythe around. "The sirens are blaring of the attacks from Zhailving, what's the reason?"

Ocaeril'adabaoth, Conversational

Space Buddha Space Buddha

Ocaeril'adabaoth just noticed something in his long respite between the boundaries of Space-Time. In a particular spot of the eastern part of the world, worship of him was almost absolute. It was a rare sight, given back in the day when he actually cared for such things like worship, followers, and things that really only serve for bragging rights nowadays-- he only had worshiped in smaller areas of nations. Belonging to larger, more absolute gods. It was surprising, given this continent's story with other gods he is close with, too. Said continent being Nekomatus. Frankly speaking...It was a bit ironic he discovered this now, as he walked through the streets of the world, disguised as a simple human buying groceries to...

Well, buy groceries.

Apparently they worshipped him in a way called 'Shinto.' His worship was almost absolute, with very few gods actually being worshipped there aside from him. It was curious, given once in the past, Inqui's own incarnate acted on behalf of the draconic hero goddess. For all intents and purposes, she should be the main focus of the religion there...And yet she wasn't. Was it because of Chakra? Was it because of their existence as cat-like creatures? Or simply because of his own interest and origins as a god with eastern-ties?

It was curious enough for him to investigate it. Finishing buying his groceries, Ocaeril would go through an alleyway, and unnoticed by people, the Yomotsu Hirasaka Jutsu took, as Ocaeril opened a gap in reality once more, and passed through it. The groceries going to his home, while as in the milliseconds he passed through the portal, his form changed nearly instantly to fit the Nekomatus depictions of him. A semi androgynous yet feminine-leaning two-tailed tiger creature. With look white hair that reached the ground, and a long and open traditional outfit. It looked somewhat like his Youkai disguise, to be frank.

images_-_2020-04-05T235719.393.jpeg

Perhaps that was why said Youkai form felt so natural when he acted on the Land of Illusions? He may never know.

Ocaeril passed through the portal, his form intangible and invisible, reaching the other side. A relatively common shrine. No large worship center or anything-- he didn't want to draw attention. The fewer people, the better. From there, he would observe, and perhaps appear if the cannibalistic cat-people piqued his interest. They were cute, but again, they were cannibals...Oh well. Inqui seems to like them, and new knowledge is always useful. So he might as well.

Last edited:
"You just admitted to it, so yes I can." Joe throws a spinning scythe at him. "I'll give you a good beating."
"That's not what you were supposed to take away from that!"

Kurantse tries to deflect the projectile with a bit of the ol' tactile telekinesis, then retaliates with a stream of high-velocity coinage.

Kurantse VS Farmer Joe

• Stikes Stikes | Gravitys Momentum Gravitys Momentum

JOE
    =========================

KURANTSE

Kurantse manages to deflect Joe's scythe, sending it far as it embedded into the ground, though it did manage to clip his shoulder as he did so. Joe, meanwhile, was barely effected by the coin blast, looking no worse for wear than kurantse. At this point, it was still anyone's fight.

JOE

KURANTSE

Kurantse manages to deflect Joe's scythe, sending it far as it embedded into the ground, though it did manage to clip his shoulder as he did so. Joe, meanwhile, was barely effected by the coin blast, looking no worse for wear than kurantse. At this point, it was still anyone's fight.

...How sad.

Oh, Inqui. What a mistake you have done. What a curse you laid under these people. They all fell stagnant. They all became too comfortable. Yes, with danger comes death and grief, but with danger, comes a sense of growth and the need to evolve. By allowing such a cursed barrier to permeate all over a land, the Nekomatus were given no chance or need to grow. To learn. They become one with the concept of the old times. It was a sight worse than extinction, in his eyes. Once, in another timeline, were he not so close to the goddess of heroes, he'd perhaps see this as the actions of an absolute fool. And while it still is, married to her or not, he cannot help but only be mildly disappointed by her.

How biased of him.

This could not stand, though. A change of plans was in order. Well, only mildly so. Nekomatus wasn't in clear danger, at least right now. It was possible that somewhere in the future if magic gets too powerful, this barrier can be snuffed away like flames. As such...

He walked through the village. Still intangible, still invisible, yet, with every step he took, the wind followed after him, a few leaves from trees following after him, the sound and movements of the wind almost seeming like a dancing pattern. Up in the sky, the moon stood, shining brightly, illuminating the area he was on, as he stood behind the shrine maiden-- the very same feeling the wind go past her, not violently, but not gently either. Almost like someone was calling her. Her sisters, if they were around, could feel the same.

And the moment they all looked behind her...

Ocaeril stood there, finally visible.

"Hello."
He spoke simply. No grandiose speeches. No terrifying presence (aside from his natural one, that seemed to be one with the wild) like Assyrian or other gods, he was simply there now, with no given explanation. His voice seemed a mix between low and high pitched, making it harder to determine if it was a man or a woman.

"Are you the ones who so gently speak of my name? I heard your call."

Last edited:
Farmer Joe: Combat

Joe not fazed by the coins, smiles. "Haha, what use is coins against me!"

He summons back his scythe and rushes at Kura, holding high before attempting to cut.

"Hello."
He spoke simply. No grandiose speeches. No terrifying presence (aside from his natural one, that seemed to be one with the wild) like Assyrian or other gods, he was simply there now, with no given explanation. His voice seemed a mix between low and high pitched, making it harder to determine if it was a man or a woman.

In the mind of the planet itself, the one who has subsumed the void itself, it hears a voice, one that whispers and flutter like a shining butterfly, a faint call, one that asks for their call, it refers to the planet, regarding them with love and trust, a warmth in their voice and a slow turtle's pace.

"H...uubie...I...request..for you...to call....up..on...her..the Shogun...who...asks..for...you...the one...who made...the ba...rrier"

He then realized it was Inqui Rey Yimor'Droth, his ever loving wife, calling on to him to get the presence of Nakasashi, the Shogun who united the Nekomatus Empire and made the barrier.

(Meanwhile)

Nakasashi in all her valorous and honorful get up, the dark blue plated armoring befitting a Samurai of her caliber, waving like the ocean, a grand helmet with a large ornament that resembles the swirl of a wave was placed on top, silver and shining, was held at her side with one arm, leaving her long dark blue ponytail to flow down, this same Nakasashi was crouching down in front of Inqui, who sat on top of throne, not too high, but with enough steps that it allowed her to easily tower over Nakasashi's crouching figure, Inqui let out a low hum as she closed her eyes, covered from the outside world with her draconic helmet.

Nakasashi waited dutifully before speaking through her steel plated face mask.

"Will he come?"

"Wait...First One...he will...come...do not worry naught for...his late arrival...but for his words...I know...him....even still...I feel...as if his words....will be a bit...more...harsh yet truth...ful"

Her words crackled and popped, yet billowed out like quaint smoke, Nakasashi heeded her words, letting them circle through her head before nodding.

"I see, then I shall wait and prepare"

And so, they continued to wait.

In the mind of the planet itself, the one who has subsumed the void itself, it hears a voice, one that whispers and flutter like a shining butterfly, a faint call, one that asks for their call, it refers to the planet, regarding them with love and trust, a warmth in their voice and a slow turtle's pace.

"H...uubie...I...request..for you...to call....up..on...her..the Shogun...who...asks..for...you...the one...who made...the ba...rrier"

He then realized it was Inqui Rey Yimor'Droth, his ever loving wife, calling on to him to get the presence of Nakasashi, the Shogun who united the Nekomatus Empire and made the barrier.

(Meanwhile)

Nakasashi in all her valorous and honorful get up, the dark blue plated armoring befitting a Samurai of her caliber, waving like the ocean, a grand helmet with a large ornament that resembles the swirl of a wave was placed on top, silver and shining, was held at her side with one arm, leaving her long dark blue ponytail to flow down, this same Nakasashi was crouching down in front of Inqui, who sat on top of throne, not too high, but with enough steps that it allowed her to easily tower over Nakasashi's crouching figure, Inqui let out a low hum as she closed her eyes, covered from the outside world with her draconic helmet.

Nakasashi waited dutifully before speaking through her steel plated face mask.

"Will he come?"

"Wait...First One...he will...come...do not worry naught for...his late arrival...but for his words...I know...him....even still...I feel...as if his words....will be a bit...more...harsh yet truth...ful"

Her words crackled and popped, yet billowed out like quaint smoke, Nakasashi heeded her words, letting them circle through her head before nodding.

"I see, then I shall wait and prepare"

And so, they continued to wait.

In the Throne, where Inqui and Nakasashi currently stood, something quite odd happened. It wasn't a portal appearing, it wasn't Nakasashi being teleported, pulled, or Oca appearing. No, it was something else. A cold permeated the room they both were, as a darkness that seemed to be the opposite of Inqui's light seemed to shine through. Unknown to only Nakasashi, with Inqui having sight of the forming darkness behind the first incarnated, as a figure was finally formed from that dark.

~True Shadow Clone~

"...Over here."

The voice was sudden, and the moment she was to turn around, something would happen. For Inqui, it was so quick it was almost unnoticeable. But one of the apparent clone's eyes shined behind his mask, more importantly, the third one, the mask seemingly being design to allow the Rinne-Sharingan to shine through. The primordial doujutsu shined, as Nakasashi's own eye suddenly copied the pattern of it, as she was put under a Genjutsu.

Tsukuyomi ~ Non-Agressive Style

Currently, time inside the Genjutsu was going one-millionth of one-thousandth of one-hundredth of a second than in the real world.

It was so slow it might as well not have happened.

But to Nakasashi and Ocaeril, time was going normally inside the Genjutsu. The Neko stood in a wide and comfortable room, sitting in a kotatsu, something that was yet not invented in the Nekomatus. The room she was in looked like a simple and room Nekomatus room, and in front of her, on the other side of the table, was Ocaeril, still in his Nekomatus-Kami form, drinking something from a cup without his mask on. Despite his androgynous appearance, he was still a pretty man.

He offered a smile to the Shogun.

"Good day. I sincerely apologize for the way I brought you here, principally given you are technically a shard of my wife. I am a simple clone of Ocaeril, at the moment, you're inside a Genjutsu I put you in. Don't worry, everything is fine, it's just that I don't have the time to both talk to you at the same time and interact with your people, as such, I created this illusion for us to talk in, while time passes much slower in the real world. So, we'll have all the time in the world. Hehe. Get it?"

He said it was an illusion, but it all felt too real. The wind, the taste of her drink, was this the power of the creator of Chakra?

"
...Heh. Sorry. Anyways, what is it?"

Last edited:
Tsukuyomi ~ Non-Agressive Style
Currently, time inside the Genjutsu was going one-millionth of one-thousandth of one-hundredth of a second than in the real world.

It was so slow it might as well not have happened.

But to Nakasashi and Ocaeril, time was going normally inside the Genjutsu. The Neko stood in a wide and comfortable room, sitting in a kotatsu, something that was yet not invented in the Nekomatus. The room she was in looked like a simple and room Nekomatus room, and in front of her, on the other side of the table, was Ocaeril, still in his Nekomatus-Kami form, drinking something from a cup without his mask on. Despite his androgynous appearance, he was still a pretty man.

He offered a smile to the Shogun.

"Good day. I sincerely apologize for the way I brought you here, principally given you are technically a shard of my wife. I am a simple clone of Ocaeril, at the moment, you're inside a Genjutsu I put you in. Don't worry, everything is fine, it's just that I don't have the time to both talk to you at the same time and interact with your people, as such, I created this illusion for us to talk in, while time passes much slower in the real world. So, we'll have all the time in the world. Hehe. Get it?"

He said it was an illusion, but it all felt too real. The wind, the taste of her drink, was this the power of the creator of Chakra?

"
...Heh. Sorry. Anyways, what is it?"

Upon the sight of Ocaeril, Nakasashi bowed deeply in front of him.

"Yes, I am sorry for this, but I called you upon because I have seen my people, we were once a great nation, filled with warriors of honor, we fought to choose who was the rightful ruler, and our battles are fought with the art of finesse in mind, but...well I know you know, they have grown weak, soft, complacent because nothing could stop them, they were at peace, they soon forget their lineage, they soon forget to fight, they soon forget to feel the anger and distraught when your fellow companion was lost in the bloodshed of war, they soon forget to hate, they soon forgot, and in turn learned something, true, peace"

She sighed as she looked at the helmet on her lap and hands.

"My mind, was in turmoil from this, I thought long and hard about this, is this not what I sought to achieve? The Nekomatus lands were at peace, united through and through, combat was gone, fighting there was none, only the insight and journey to enlightenment and peace, yes complacent and ideal, but they truly knew peace, they knew no bloodshed, and they were happy, they lost their identity, their roots, but, isn't that okay? Isn't that what should be? If that was price to true peace, then it wsa fie no? Because everyone was happy, it's okay, I thought to myself, I fought hard for this, I fought through the Sengoku Jidais, I fought against Lee and her evil clan, I fought against the angels of Yimor, I fought long and hard for my people, so in the end, is that not what I wanted?"

Sh looked up and smiled at Ocaeril, but it was a broken smile, one unsure of what they wanted, one who's ideals are unstable, the foundations of what they believed in was gone, in the end, they were in doubt, lost and confused, and they wanted to find the light of truth among the sea of doubt, the lighthouse that will show them the way.

"In the end, I realized, I didn't know, and couldn't truly know, I asked The First Hero, my ancestor, and in her words? 'Find the answer within you, seek it, seek the wisdom of others you may, but in the end, it's only you who can tell you what is truly your answer', so before I make my decision, whether I shall remove the barrier or not, I ask you oh Ocaeril, the Greater Whole of the World, the Kami who guards us, tell me, what is your wisdom?"

Upon the sight of Ocaeril, Nakasashi bowed deeply in front of him.

"Yes, I am sorry for this, but I called you upon because I have seen my people, we were once a great nation, filled with warriors of honor, we fought to choose who was the rightful ruler, and our battles are fought with the art of finesse in mind, but...well I know you know, they have grown weak, soft, complacent because nothing could stop them, they were at peace, they soon forget their lineage, they soon forget to fight, they soon forget to feel the anger and distraught when your fellow companion was lost in the bloodshed of war, they soon forget to hate, they soon forgot, and in turn learned something, true, peace"

She sighed as she looked at the helmet on her lap and hands.

"My mind, was in turmoil from this, I thought long and hard about this, is this not what I sought to achieve? The Nekomatus lands were at peace, united through and through, combat was gone, fighting there was none, only the insight and journey to enlightenment and peace, yes complacent and ideal, but they truly knew peace, they knew no bloodshed, and they were happy, they lost their identity, their roots, but, isn't that okay? Isn't that what should be? If that was price to true peace, then it wsa fie no? Because everyone was happy, it's okay, I thought to myself, I fought hard for this, I fought through the Sengoku Jidais, I fought against Lee and her evil clan, I fought against the angels of Yimor, I fought long and hard for my people, so in the end, is that not what I wanted?"

Sh looked up and smiled at Ocaeril, but it was a broken smile, one unsure of what they wanted, one who's ideals are unstable, the foundations of what they believed in was gone, in the end, they were in doubt, lost and confused, and they wanted to find the light of truth among the sea of doubt, the lighthouse that will show them the way.

"In the end, I realized, I didn't know, and couldn't truly know, I asked The First Hero, my ancestor, and in her words? 'Find the answer within you, seek it, seek the wisdom of others you may, but in the end, it's only you who can tell you what is truly your answer', so before I make my decision, whether I shall remove the barrier or not, I ask you oh Ocaeril, the Greater Whole of the World, the Kami who guards us, tell me, what is your wisdom?"

As Nakasashi spoke with grief and conflicted feelings in her heart, Ocaeril seemingly stopped to move. It was clear his presence in this illusionary space was still existent, but he seemingly went quiet to hear the entirety of the first incarnated's story. His smile faded, his eyes became half-open, and a low 'hum' came from his throat, as a claw hand was put under his chin. Soon, after Nakasashi finished speaking, a 'shhh' came from him, and a long silence came over, and Nakasashi could almost be sure he was spacing out, but soon after she did or did not have that thought, the man replied.

"First order of business around here. It's just Ocaeril, I don't like fancy titles, people saying 'oh' to me like I'm some sage...I may be powerful, I may be wise, but I am one who walks with mankind. One who lives among them, nowadays. I no longer wish to be seen as a divine god for the people, I am...An urban god, with the people."

With the people...? Wasn't that--?

"
And second. Nakasashi, you may be powerful, and you may have experienced things other incarnates of my wife didn't. But you ended up overseeing something. You ended up robbing your people of the future. By giving them no reason to strife, by giving them something to forever be protected, with no chances of any other nation to attack them, you spoiled them. By giving them a 'perfect ending', you robbed them away from culture. From perhaps fate leading them to have peace with others. From perhaps some discovering the true beauty of the world."

Ocaeril's eyes grew cold and he stared directly at Nakasashi. His words were sharp like a sword, but there was still an edge of compassion in them. Yet, that did not stop him from not sugarcoating what he was saying. "
In Konohagakure, 200 or so years ago, a Nekomatus and her friends founded that land, slongside the second incarnate. She found love and friendship among others, having friends even though one of them worshipped the god of the Jade at the time. Yet she found peace. A clan was formed. They were remembered as a group of friends with a big heart, who became legends in the Ninja World." Ocaeril seemingly explained, despite this not appearing to have any connection to what he was saying, but...

"
Do you see? Your fear of strife and of your people being attacked went against the very nature of your being. What's the reason to try to create anything if you have no reason to do so? Why search for strength if there is no conflict? Why burn with a desire to discover new things...Why the very essence of growth is unnecessary? With danger, comes desire. With death, comes determination. With life, comes discoveries. For over a millennia now, the Nekomatus know barely anything of the outside world. They are safe, yet at the same time, they are not."

He didn't sigh. He didn't seem disappointed. He just kept going. Without any notable emotion in his face. His eyes were wide open, and his mouth spoke normally. He never looked so unsettling. "
Nakasashi. What if I broke the barrier? I could with a snap of my fingers. What if another god did so? What if they wanted their people to take your land? What if mortals did so by themselves with powerful magic? The demon inside me got in using that, Nakasashi. Your barrier is a curse. You signed the death of your people. If the barrier was gone and a nation attacked, what would happen? Your people would fall in less than a day. They don't have anything. That is the curse under them. Stagnancy. By giving them protection, they grow used to it and allow themselves to think it is perfect. That it can never fall. As such, the desire to grow never comes. But when the day that one wishes to take this land, the barrier will do little but to impede for a few hours the untimely fate of your species."

With a final sip of his tea, Ocaeril said one last thing before going quiet.

"By thinking too much of the present safety of your species, you didn't think what your actions could do to their future, Nakasashi. Do you see now?"

GM UPDATE:

...How sad.

Oh, Inqui. What a mistake you have done. What a curse you laid under these people. They all fell stagnant. They all became too comfortable. Yes, with danger comes death and grief, but with danger, comes a sense of growth and the need to evolve. By allowing such a cursed barrier to permeate all over a land, the Nekomatus were given no chance or need to grow. To learn. They become one with the concept of the old times. It was a sight worse than extinction, in his eyes. Once, in another timeline, were he not so close to the goddess of heroes, he'd perhaps see this as the actions of an absolute fool. And while it still is, married to her or not, he cannot help but only be mildly disappointed by her.

How biased of him.

This could not stand, though. A change of plans was in order. Well, only mildly so. Nekomatus wasn't in clear danger, at least right now. It was possible that somewhere in the future if magic gets too powerful, this barrier can be snuffed away like flames. As such...

He walked through the village. Still intangible, still invisible, yet, with every step he took, the wind followed after him, a few leaves from trees following after him, the sound and movements of the wind almost seeming like a dancing pattern. Up in the sky, the moon stood, shining brightly, illuminating the area he was on, as he stood behind the shrine maiden-- the very same feeling the wind go past her, not violently, but not gently either. Almost like someone was calling her. Her sisters, if they were around, could feel the same.

And the moment they all looked behind her...

Ocaeril stood there, finally visible.

"Hello."

The neko maiden raised an eyebrow to what appeared to her as just another neko, albeit one looking strangely masculine. His voice did indeed radiate power, but to a people so separated from the majesty of their god. Even the sight of its second tail provoked only the suspicion that he was, in fact, a Yokai, specifically a rare breed with two tails and immense magical power, quite hostile to the nekomatus. With this in mind, the neko's eyes would widen, and without a word she would produce a curved shortsword, resembling a smaller variation of the traditional blade of their land and brandish it before the stranger, albeit not attacking him immediately. She would speak in the shrill language of her kind, accented with meowing noises.

"I never requested your presence, nyaaaaa~!"

GM UPDATE:

The neko maiden raised an eyebrow to what appeared to her as just another neko, albeit one looking strangely masculine. His voice did indeed radiate power, but to a people so separated from the majesty of their god. Even the sight of its second tail provoked only the suspicion that he was, in fact, a Yokai, specifically a rare breed with two tails and immense magical power, quite hostile to the nekomatus. With this in mind, the neko's eyes would widen, and without a word she would produce a curved shortsword, resembling a smaller variation of the traditional blade of their land and brandish it before the stranger, albeit not attacking him immediately. She would speak in the shrill language of her kind, accented with meowing noises.

"I never requested your presence, nyaaaaa~!"

The 'Youkai' didn't say a word. Instead, he simply stated, unfazed in all senses by her stance. He seemed so unfazed in fact that he didn't even move, and simply stared at her. A silence permeated in the air, before with a chuckle, he crossed his arms.

"I can read your thoughts, girl. You think I'm a Youkai. I can't blame you. But, despite interacting with that species in the past, this is simply the sight many of your species believe me to have, you see." He seemed completely unprovoked. Hearing her next words, he continued, grinning under his mask.

"You did not, yet you preached my name. Many of you do, in fact. You kinda messed up on the religion bit, by the way. You're meant to grow and learn more, and not...Y'know. This." Ocaeril said, mentioned to everything around him. His voice seemed miffed about it. It was impossible to sense and sort of deceit coming from him.

"...But, I feel as if I need to prove to you my indentity, yes? Tell me, what do you wish me to do to prove my authority, hm?"

GM UPDATE:

The 'Youkai' didn't say a word. Instead, he simply stated, unfazed in all senses by her stance. He seemed so unfazed in fact that he didn't even move, and simply stared at her. A silence permeated in the air, before with a chuckle, he crossed his arms.

"I can read your thoughts, girl. You think I'm a Youkai. I can't blame you. But, despite interacting with that species in the past, this is simply the sight many of your species believe me to have, you see." He seemed completely unprovoked. Hearing her next words, he continued, grinning under his mask.

"You did not, yet you preached my name. Many of you do, in fact. You kinda messed up on the religion bit, by the way. You're meant to grow and learn more, and not...Y'know. This." Ocaeril said, mentioned to everything around him. His voice seemed miffed about it. It was impossible to sense and sort of deceit coming from him.

"...But, I feel as if I need to prove to you my indentity, yes? Tell me, what do you wish me to do to prove my authority, hm?"

"Wait, a-are you? No. no way."

Her ears twitch as he offers to prove his identity.

"Sure, prove it."

GM UPDATE:

"Wait, a-are you? No. no way."

Her ears twitch as he offers to prove his identity.

"Sure, prove it."

The man raised an eyebrow at her words. Did she ignore what he just said, or did she just mishear it? He supposes he can't blame her. After all, this situation isn't in the slightest natural. Regardless, with a nod, a lone hand soon went up to his face, as he grasped his mask. His fingernails were dark, almost appearing as dirty, but it was clear in this disguise, those were their natural colors.

The woman could suddenly feel something as the mask slowly came out from his face. It wasn't his appearance. Or the third eye on his face. No...It was...

...Something...Primordial.

Green energy came from every inch of his body. Chakra visible to even the naked eye, flowing through his body. Something normally not possible in any way unless the user had a powerful enough Chakra, or if someone was really sensitive for it...But it didn't feel like normal Chakra. She could almost grasp it. It was in the air around her, touching her hand, her hair, her ears, inside this entire room, and possibly going beyond. It was like the meeting of two forces...Resulting in a single one.

8238345a276ff0e01894f6f8968f0949.jpg

Yin Yang Chakra. The natural Chakra that resulted in all manners of elemental releases, and the common ancestor of all Chakra abilities. Something told only in legends, belonging to Ocaeril, the ancestor of all Chakra. Chakra that both affected the physical world, or Physical Energy, resulting in offensive skills used in normal Chakra, and Spiritual Energy, resulting in passive abilities, such as healing and illusions. And even so...It was aided by Senjutsu, or, Chakra infused with the natural energy of the world--

...No, it wasn't being aided by it. It was being created by it. This man wasn't absorbing natural energy. He was natural energy.

That energy was beyond anything she likely saw. He wasn't a monster. He was beyond that already. No, this man was on the level of perhaps even gods. Yet...This presence didn't feel terrifying. It almost felt like staring at a deep, blue ocean. Hearing the waves splash. The sun setting down, and the moon up in the sky, both in eternal dusk. It felt beautiful. Beautiful and warm. He irradiated a kindness only told in religion. The absolute love for all. Yet, a figure who just as he was loving, could be destructive to those who went deep and have no desire to rethink their actions. One who dislikes killing, yet will do so when no other option is available.

Ocaeril. The planet itself, and the great whole.

"...I apologize. Is this too much?"

The man raised an eyebrow at her words. Did she ignore what he just said, or did she just mishear it? He supposes he can't blame her. After all, this situation isn't in the slightest natural. Regardless, with a nod, a lone hand soon went up to his face, as he grasped his mask. His fingernails were dark, almost appearing as dirty, but it was clear in this disguise, those were their natural colors.

The woman could suddenly feel something as the mask slowly came out from his face. It wasn't his appearance. Or the third eye on his face. No...It was...

...Something...Primordial.

Green energy came from every inch of his body. Chakra visible to even the naked eye, flowing through his body. Something normally not possible in any way unless the user had a powerful enough Chakra, or if someone was really sensitive for it...But it didn't feel like normal Chakra. She could almost grasp it. It was in the air around her, touching her hand, her hair, her ears, inside this entire room, and possibly going beyond. It was like the meeting of two forces...Resulting in a single one.

8238345a276ff0e01894f6f8968f0949.jpg

Yin Yang Chakra. The natural Chakra that resulted in all manners of elemental releases, and the common ancestor of all Chakra abilities. Something told only in legends, belonging to Ocaeril, the ancestor of all Chakra. Chakra that both affected the physical world, or Physical Energy, resulting in offensive skills used in normal Chakra, and Spiritual Energy, resulting in passive abilities, such as healing and illusions. And even so...It was aided by Senjutsu, or, Chakra infused with the natural energy of the world--

...No, it wasn't being aided by it. It was being created by it. This man wasn't absorbing natural energy. He was natural energy.

That energy was beyond anything she likely saw. He wasn't a monster. He was beyond that already. No, this man was on the level of perhaps even gods. Yet...This presence didn't feel terrifying. It almost felt like staring at a deep, blue ocean. Hearing the waves splash. The sun setting down, and the moon up in the sky, both in eternal dusk. It felt beautiful. Beautiful and warm. He irradiated a kindness only told in religion. The absolute love for all. Yet, a figure who just as he was loving, could be destructive to those who went deep and have no desire to rethink their actions. One who dislikes killing, yet will do so when no other option is available.

Ocaeril. The planet itself, and the great whole.

"...I apologize. Is this too much?"

The neko, being just a humble shrine maiden, and not actually being a mage one who knew next to nothing of magic or the principles of it, neither sensed nor comprehended any of this, seeing only that his body glowed, and that a tangible aura spread throughout the shrine. The warming sensation made the young girl drool, her ears perking up and tail happily swishing from side to side as she was given a magical headpat like those her mother so often gave, and yet, she would shake her head, trying to resist the pretty colors and tighten her grip on her blade. The more intricate concepts he radiated had escaped her, all she felt were the warm and fuzzies, a common trick by such beings.

"Not enough!"

She would then reach into a satchel and throw what appeared to be confetti at Ocaeril. Each piece was dyed red and marked with a number of symbols. Such things had likely been imbued with chakra by someone more proficient than this girl, and seemed to be intended to banish the eastern Fae, but proving to have no effect on Ocaeril.

"Uh..."

She just took off running.​

The neko, being just a humble shrine maiden, and not actually being a mage one who knew next to nothing of magic or the principles of it, neither sensed nor comprehended any of this, seeing only that his body glowed, and that a tangible aura spread throughout the shrine. The warming sensation made the young girl drool, her ears perking up and tail happily swishing from side to side as she was given a magical headpat like those her mother so often gave, and yet, she would shake her head, trying to resist the pretty colors and tighten her grip on her blade. The more intricate concepts he radiated had escaped her, all she felt were the warm and fuzzies, a common trick by such beings.

"Not enough!"

She would then reach into a satchel and throw what appeared to be confetti at Ocaeril. Each piece was dyed red and marked with a number of symbols. Such things had likely been imbued with chakra by someone more proficient than this girl, and seemed to be intended to banish the eastern Fae, but proving to have no effect on Ocaeril.

"Uh..."

She just took off running.​

The aura soon disappeared as the girl threw confetti at him. His eyes simply looked at the sorry excuse of a banishment ritual to him, but, alas, the thing didn't even have an effect on him, both because of his Chakra absorbing the one in the confetti, and both because of the rule that only gods can harm other gods. As the girl took off running, Ocaeril couldn't help but sigh. Good lord. They were actual dumbasses, aren't they?

So be it.

DOMAIN ~ SPACE-TIME
Chakra Combo...

The Neko didn't go far, as soon as she tried to leave the area, she would find herself back on it, with Ocaeril sitting on the corner. If she tried to do it again, the same effect would happen again. And again. With Ocaeril in the same location as always.

"Heavens, you are all so stubborn. I did tell you to choose what I could do to prove myself, you know." The man said, now drinking from a cup of tea. His legs crossed, and his face now fully visible to the girl. It was exactly like old pictures and descriptions in the temple. "I am however proud of your courage. You didn't falter back even in the face of immeasurable odds, Hanaichi Komeiji-san. You may be a child, but you have quite the future ahead of yourself. Your mother would proud." That was...Her name. He spoke it with familiarity.

"
...However, I cannot simply allow you to leave until I prove my point. I do not want you to believe I'm a Youkai, after all. I know it's hard to believe, but I really am Ocaeril." The man said with the utmost honesty. He truly wasn't lying. It was hard to say he was in fact, given he said that info matter-of-factly. "Please sit down. There are things I wish to discuss with you. If you wish even further proof that I am a god, then try to strike me down with your blade, or use your exorcism methods. Those won't work, as I am truly not a Youkai. If I was, believe me, you likely wouldn't live very long to know that a Youkai of such power actually existed."

Last edited:
Farmer Joe: Combat

Joe not fazed by the coins, smiles. "Haha, what use is coins against me!"

He summons back his scythe and rushes at Kura, holding high before attempting to cut.
The cash god holds one hand high to intercept the scythe, and hopefully shatter it with his magic, then shoves his palm into Joe's chest with another burst of force.

JOE

KURANTSE

Joe's scythe is perfectly deflected, shattering and depriving him of a weapon. Kura is unscathed, looking fabulous as ever. Deprived of his weapon, Joe was put into a weakened state. He may need to recover it sooner rather than later. Around them, explosions sounded as shells rained across the no-man's land. With trenches on both ends and the two sides separated so far that none could see the battle unfolding, the battlefield was lifeless, and devoid of anything worth trading. As such, both felt no boost due to being "in their element", so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back