• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The White Rabbit OOC (Long tidbits.)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So I think the most likely thing we can do is have our new characters arrive at the well of tears.
I think we'll have to retcon Soma Shicksal's character since they are no longer with us. So we probably have to pretend their character never arrived..
I'm not used to having to deal with someone leaving at such an important moment...

So basically all our characters have a vision from the Goddess Akroa, telling them to find a White Rabbit at the well of tears and that we've been chosen to save magnus and deliver the Rabbit to the edge of the world.

Why this is weird is because rabbits all went instinct after the invasion of the first ones, a alien race that tried to conquer Magnus in the first age.
It'd probably be best to read my opening post if you haven't yet to get a quick rundown of the beginning of the RP. From there all what has happened is Selene and Skip have arrived at the Well and are probably planning to go inside the well.

The Well of tears is basically a well located in an abandoned village in Mysticroft that used to be dead because of the nemesis armor blocked it's magical water, but then my character Selene removed the armor and the well has since made the village overgrown with plant life, forming a sort of garden around the well.

Everyone should post their arrival to the Well and meet up with each-other.

Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka BloodInMyEyes BloodInMyEyes Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

So I think the most likely thing we can do is have our new characters arrive at the well of tears.
I think we'll have to retcon Soma Shicksal's character since they are no longer with us. So we probably have to pretend their character never arrived..
I'm not used to having to deal with someone leaving at such an important moment...

So basically all our characters have a vision from the Goddess Akroa, telling them to find a White Rabbit at the well of tears and that we've been chosen to save magnus and deliver the Rabbit to the edge of the world.

Why this is weird is because rabbits all went instinct after the invasion of the first ones, a alien race that tried to conquer Magnus in the first age.
It'd probably be best to read my opening post if you haven't yet to get a quick rundown of the beginning of the RP. From there all what has happened is Selene and Skip have arrived at the Well and are probably planning to go inside the well.

The Well of tears is basically a well located in an abandoned village in Mysticroft that used to be dead because of the nemesis armor blocked it's magical water, but then my character Selene removed the armor and the well has since made the village overgrown with plant life, forming a sort of garden around the well.

Everyone should post their arrival to the Well and meet up with each-other.

Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka BloodInMyEyes BloodInMyEyes Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Ghostiiys Ghostiiys
So we're good to start posting?

Edited my last posted to add in Brax. It didn't update me the they'd posted sorry

Still thinking of making a mad scientist character, but I'm kinda struggling with what his thing would be.

Mass production is sadly not really kosher in a medieval style RP 🤔

Also, just for the record, Skip sometimes has brilliant ideas. But only sometimes. If he really does jump in you ( Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Ghostiiys Ghostiiys ) have my permission to use him as a baseball bat.

Last edited:
Epiphany Epiphany I'm going to say it's fine. I actually don't know what exactly the academy of sepulchral majesty would be since he was a evil conquerer but that doesn't mean it can't be apart of the lore. If you would explain that, it'd be great.
She has alot of stuff to carry but nothing that would seem out of the ordinary so I'm gonna say you're in.

Feel free to post.

Seeing all these racial interactions and characters having opinions really makes me happy. I feel like this just feels like a realistic setting in terms of whats been written.

I also feel like I've found my writing for selene's personality as she's become quite fatalistic and careful due to her history. But also odd and friendly at the same time.

Epiphany Epiphany I'm going to say it's fine. I actually don't know what exactly the academy of sepulchral majesty would be since he was a evil conquerer but that doesn't mean it can't be apart of the lore. If you would explain that, it'd be great.
She has alot of stuff to carry but nothing that would seem out of the ordinary so I'm gonna say you're in.

Feel free to post.

...I'd utterly failed to connect "Sepulchral Majesty" to "Sepulcher". That was poorly thought out on my part, I'll revise. I was just shooting for a pretentious sounding university name. :)

As for all the stuff, I'd envisioned her coming by horseback since most people don't walk long journeys if they have other options. If that's not going to fly for the game, though, I imagine she'd toss her excavation gear. No one wants to haul a lot of stuff long distances on foot, even with supernatural strength.

It is a neat setting and I'm glad I can be a part of it. :)

Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka Hard to go wrong with alchemy as a mad medieval scientist. ;)

...I'd utterly failed to connect "Sepulchral Majesty" to "Sepulcher". That was poorly thought out on my part, I'll revise. I was just shooting for a pretentious sounding university name. :)

As for all the stuff, I'd envisioned her coming by horseback since most people don't walk long journeys if they have other options. If that's not going to fly for the game, though, I imagine she'd toss her excavation gear. No one wants to haul a lot of stuff long distances on foot, even with supernatural strength.

Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka Hard to go wrong with alchemy as a mad medieval scientist. ;)
We're probably not starting on horses but perhaps she took a carriage or had someone with a horse drop her off. I suppose we could have our characters help carry stuff?

This being an adventure in the classical sense, I'll just forgo the excavation kit and keep it to a backpack. The Well of Tears seems to be a fair ways travel, your opening post establishes it as a dangerous journey few can survive, so bringing luggage seems a poor thought. ;)

This being an adventure in the classical sense, I'll just forgo the excavation kit and keep it to a backpack. The Well of Tears seems to be a fair ways travel, your opening post establishes it as a dangerous journey few can survive, so bringing luggage seems a poor thought. ;)
Ok sounds good.

I dunno, I am by nature a mechanically oriented person. I was thinking more of going for a character based off a real life inventor of farming equipment and a few other things.

Interesting. I suppose the difference between medieval vs. modern invention is that the former has a lot less interest in replication or scalibility. Specific inventions are made for specific situations. The challenge of course is how that'll work when you're on the road. ;)

Interesting. I suppose the difference between medieval vs. modern invention is that the former has a lot less interest in replication or scalibility. Specific inventions are made for specific situations. The challenge of course is how that'll work when you're on the road. ;)
Well, at the core of science lies the scientific method. Which, as the name implies, isn't some mystical device, it's a method of thinking. A really really effective method that nets you all sorts of neat goodies, but not one that is exclusive.

Jokes about a Gatling aside, I was thinking something along the lines of a wagon with alchemical goods and things. A mobile workshop. Not all that useful in a direct fight, ridiculously useful when not in a direct fight. Why bother with going through a goblin's hidey hole when you can just pour a bit of Sarin through the breathing holes and wait a few hours.

Interesting enough, mad scientists on Magnus are much more interested in getting breakthroughs and producing specific creations, although sometimes they replicate their creations.

While Fae view science as a way of life and have more completely implemented it in their culture.

Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka BloodInMyEyes BloodInMyEyes Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Epiphany Epiphany
I'm wondering if we would want a discord server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back