• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheHistorian

Whoever this victor guy is i need to have a word…
3E5B5506-9B12-4953-822A-468B6842B9CE.jpeg
3 years ago a strange event occurred that was widely ignored by the media. A brilliant green meteorite entered the earth’s atmosphere and landed somewhere in the Outback of Australia. Yet this was just the start of a series of strange events that would change the way the world operated. UFO sightings increased the world over, all over the world governments began to build tension with one another and Rumors of war began to circulate throughout the world. Strange videos of portals opening up and unleashing strange creatures began to flood the internet. For many people the world was rapidly becoming strange. But for others that strangeness was a part of their life because in addition to all the weirdness of the world, they seemed to have developed unique abilities. None seem to be aware of the how or why, but the government seems to be fairly interested in them, each of these people have found men in thick sunglasses and black suits following them. Finally these “men in black” would corner these people and hand them an envelope marked top secret, they would then leave the area in some cases without their leaving even being noticed.

Inside the top secret envelope, one would find a Typed out letter which reads.

“The strange things happening to you are not a coincidence, we have answers, and need for your help. The world as we know it hangs in the balance. Please come quickly, You may bring One other person with you. Do not share this letters contents with anyone else.”
Signed X9 Black.

In addition to the short and sweet letter two plane tickets would be found, tickets to Las’Vegas, Nevada. You are one of these strange people. New abilities and superpowers have appeared in you. Perhaps you were morphed into some kind of demonic monster, maybe you gained the powers of a mythological figure, perhaps you just got eye lasers. Whatever the case life is about to vastly change for you…and perhaps for the entire world.

Hi!!

k sounds interesting but what does the One other mean? Can my charrie bring her mom? lol

Or does that mean this is a 'paired' RP. Which in that case pffft gunna pass.

Hi!!

k sounds interesting but what does the One other mean? Can my charrie bring her mom? lol

Or does that mean this is a 'paired' RP. Which in that case pffft gunna pass.
Heya

Thanks a bunch, mom could be a pick.

Lol no not at all. The one other is for any support characters or NPC’s. Alternatively if you dont feel like being a superpowered person you could be one of the plus ones to an NpC superpowered person. Its just a move to give us more options for character development

Heya

Thanks a bunch, mom could be a pick.

Lol no not at all. The one other is for any support characters or NPC’s. Alternatively if you dont feel like being a superpowered person you could be one of the plus ones to an NpC superpowered person. Its just a move to give us more options for character development
K then interested! And like if the tone of the RP is a bit more on the humourous side, I think I really will have my charrie's mom come along. And like fr tho I'mma have lots of source material to choose from lol.

K then interested! And like if the tone of the RP is a bit more on the humourous side, I think I really will have my charrie's mom come along. And like fr tho I'mma have lots of source material to choose from lol.
It will most certainly be a humorous story. A touch of seriousness here and there, some drama, inter character relationships platonic or romantic i dont care so long as its within the rules, but mostly humor and action .

Here is a cs for those who already know what they want to do. If you want to wait for the lore it will be up soon. That said it will not reveal much as alot of this relies on mystery and figuring out stuff in character.

And here is the lore tab. As stated above there isn’t a lot to work on due to the setting being our world with some slight changes in events.

If you have questions ill be happy to answer them.

Ooooo I’m interested! What would you want us to do with filled out character sheets? And how exactly does the species for non-humans work? Is it limited to a set few species?

Last edited:
Ooooo I’m interested! What would you want us to do with filled out character sheets? And how exactly does the species for non-humans work? Is it limited to a set few species?
Interdimensional portals have brought in a variety of things from different universes. Any typical fantasy or scifi race is fair game. Demons, angels, gods (lower case G), orcs,elves, dwarves, dragons, humans turned into any of the above.

Hell ive got a planned villian thats a Deicidal World conquering Mermaid.

As for the sheets go ahead and post them in the Cs page above if you want. I plan on getting this bird up off of the ground as soon as possible.

Interdimensional portals have brought in a variety of things from different universes. Any typical fantasy or scifi race is fair game. Demons, angels, gods (lower case G), orcs,elves, dwarves, dragons, humans turned into any of the above.

Hell ive got a planned villian thats a Deicidal World conquering Mermaid.
Ooo ok! I’m gonna probably use both of those flight tickets then.

As for non humans or beings from another world/universe. The only thing that you all MUST have in common is you seek “the source” a weird force that is believed to be the origin for all matter, energy, magic, concepts, and Reality.

I'd like to join, but have some questions.
  • Is there a specific age range for the characters who obtain powers and whatnot?
  • Is there a limit on how many characters you can make?
  • If I were to make a character whose paranormal features were based around a theme, how closely would I have to follow the theme?
  • Does it matter if we use a picture for our character sheets or would a detailed description do?
  • And are there any requirements for the length, style, or formatting of in-character posts?

I'd like to join, but have some questions.
  • Is there a specific age range for the characters who obtain powers and whatnot?
  • Is there a limit on how many characters you can make?
  • If I were to make a character whose paranormal features were based around a theme, how closely would I have to follow the theme?
  • Does it matter if we use a picture for our character sheets or would a detailed description do?
  • And are there any requirements for the length, style, or formatting of in-character posts?
Good asks.

Id prefer characters older than 16 with the upper age limit being faaaaar more flexible just try and keep it out of the millions lol.

Id prefer to keep it at two but if you can give me a good enough case i may bend on that.

The theme has to be vaguely similar. Your vampire can be immune to crosses and garlic…but not sunlight or decapitation. So similar but not the same.

I certainly prefer a picture or both. But yes you can write up a description if you want. Just make sure it covers things light height weight hair eyes, and body type. Those things do play a role in characters interaction for our more detail oriented writers.

Post length im gonna have to say yes to. At minimum one paragraph because its very hard to reply to a single sentence. Format wise third person is my only preference. First person just feels weird. Style wise go nuts. Also code it however you want i can alternate between mobile and com.

"Deicidal, world-conquering mermaid" got me hooked 😄 I'm very much digging the vibe of this RP.

I'll be reading through everything and if I have any questions before writing up a character sheet I'll let you know!

"Deicidal, world-conquering mermaid" got me hooked 😄 I'm very much digging the vibe of this RP.

I'll be reading through everything and if I have any questions before writing up a character sheet I'll let you know!
Awe thanks. He is one of many i have in mind. Ill drop cs’s for them in a spoiler on the cs when each one gets revealed.
Very interested! I will be working on a character right away
Wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

K so like questions from me then:

• Are our charries completely new to powers or have they had them for a little while now?
  • Is this like X-Men where there is an overall mistrust or even hate of metahumans/mutants?
  • I notice that the tags say magical girl, are we doing a variation of that meaning transformation sequence kinda thingie?
  • Are our +1s completely normal or can they have minor mutations too?
  • FCs: realistic or what art style?

Posted my character in the CS thread! Let me know if any changes are needed.

K so like questions from me then:

• Are our charries completely new to powers or have they had them for a little while now?
  • Is this like X-Men where there is an overall mistrust or even hate of metahumans/mutants?
  • I notice that the tags say magical girl, are we doing a variation of that meaning transformation sequence kinda thingie?
  • Are our +1s completely normal or can they have minor mutations too?
  • FCs: realistic or what art style?
The containment breech of the source occurred 18 months ago. The process of powers awakening took at most six months. So people can have had their abilities for a minimum of a year of a maximum of seventeen months and twenty nine days

Negative on hate and fear. Most people dont even know its a thing, world governments and media organizations are coordinating to cover it up. Those who do know of the changed people would have a healthy fear of them, but its not stemming from genetic racism more so from fear of what they can do, makes sense considering scientists are still trying to figure out what all happened to physics when the Source containment breech occurred.

Thats optional. I kinda anticipated someone wanting to make a power ranger type, or a sailor scout type, or a Karmen rider type character. So i left that as an option for people. Heck you could even be a reincarnation of Apollo who turns into the sun god after praying to a trinket of his.

You can include mutants but oddly enough they would have also received a letter. Not one mutated human is off of the record currently. More spring up all the time. But Site X-Grey somehow knows where you are, where you went to school, who you know, and even personal information that you havent told anyone, like perhaps you wet the bed until you were nine. They somehow even have that intel.

I prefer no real people but other than that go nuts with the art. If you reeeeeally want the face of an existing actor try to find a digital art version of them. Real faces kinda break the fantasy for me ngl. Its purely preference.

this could be neat a shapeshifter with control over the composition of their body is always fun
One of my absolute favorite powers. I once had a sentient alien virus weaponized via injection into 23 secret agents. They thought it failed because they all melted into goop, but when they went to incinerate the goop it kinda shrieked and crawled out the vents. Later it would go on to recall the memories of the agent becoming a shapeshifting superspy capable of producing complex organic compounds like explosives and viral agents.

As you said…always fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back