• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pharaoh's Soliloquy | OOC

In my weakened, half-assed state, the least I could muster is a weakened, half-assed post.

Pardon my temporary incompetence.

Are you kidding me? I can barely formulate sentences when I'm tired, so you've done well. Kudos to you, pal.

Oh, and I probably won't post today... but I just had to check this roleplay.

*Frowns*

No, man. I don't think the writing is bad at all. You're just being too self-conscious, man.

And Remy shot the woman? God, Guy is gonna be so pissed at him.

Are you kidding me? I can barely formulate sentences when I'm tired, so you've done well. Kudos to you, pal.

Oh, and I probably won't post today... but I just had to check this roleplay.

*Frowns*

No, man. I don't think the writing is bad at all. You're just being too self-conscious, man.

And Remy shot the woman? God, Guy is gonna be so pissed at him.

And that's the last of his audacity. I think, either he's going to pass out or he's going to go all crazy on the rest of the three rounds he has.

And that's the last of his audacity. I think, either he's going to pass out or he's going to go all crazy on the rest of the three rounds he has.

Trigger-happy fool, the crowd's gonna lynch the fuck outta him. This guy just might be this roleplay's first casualty. Oh, and Edward Tahoma is... just plain fucking nuts, just look at his dynamic entry.

Guy's squad is completely useless at this point. Normally, they're a competent fighting force but they're just so exhausted that they cannot think of anything else besides of sleep. There are many off-duty soldiers heading straight for the Doolittle Army Base in response to VOX's broadcast. Usually, if the city's most wanted terrorist makes a grand speech he's off to cause some trouble. Everybody's learned that the hard way.

Trigger-happy fool, the crowd's gonna lynch the fuck outta him. This guy just might be this roleplay's first casualty. Oh, and Edward Tahoma is... just plain fucking nuts, just look at his dynamic entry.

Guy's squad is completely useless at this point. Normally, they're a competent fighting force but they're just so exhausted that they cannot think of anything else besides of sleep. There are many off-duty soldiers heading straight for the Doolittle Army Base in response to VOX's broadcast. Usually, if the city's most wanted terrorist makes a grand speech he's off to cause some trouble. Everybody's learned that the hard way.

Yep, guy's gonna have to run.

Remy actually was supposed to get lynched more proper-like — but when edwardo shot him, I just went with the flow.

Anyway, I thought my post was rushed.

Yep, guy's gonna have to run.

Remy actually was supposed to get lynched more proper-like — but when edwardo shot him, I just went with the flow.

Anyway, I thought my post was rushed.

Doesn't matter, as long as you got it done. What's important is that you keep the flow of the roleplay going. In any case, I don't think Corporal Delmore is going to do anything for now, he's still walking back to Atlanta city. Sergeant Guy is still in the heat of action and I'll make a post about him. Private Frederick will finally make his debut in the next post, but I'm still deciding if he's going to help Guy with the riot or if he's going to arrive at Clay's diner and enter into a conversation with him.

Frederick knows Clay by the way. He admires Clay for being a participant in the Great War and Taiko-German expansion. Fred finds it hard not to give Clay some excessive hero worship.

Doesn't matter, as long as you got it done. What's important is that you keep the flow of the roleplay going. In any case, I don't think Corporal Delmore is going to do anything for now, he's still walking back to Atlanta city. Sergeant Guy is still in the heat of action and I'll make a post about him. Private Frederick will finally make his debut in the next post, but I'm still deciding if he's going to help Guy with the riot or if he's going to arrive at Clay's diner and enter into a conversation with him.

Frederick knows Clay by the way. He admires Clay for being a participant in the Great War and Taiko-German expansion. Fred finds it hard not to give Clay some excessive hero worship.

And, Clay, on the other hand, finds it hard to believe that somebody knows him, much less worships him. It'd be all mighty confusing to his simple brain.

And, Clay, on the other hand, finds it hard to believe that somebody knows him, much less worships him. It'd be all mighty confusing to his simple brain.

Has Clay done anything that distinguished him from other soldiers? Maybe Frederick heard some story about that or Frederick knows one of Clay's army buddies.

Clay has his fair share of fame — torching shit, squashing outposts. Mostly, it's because he's gotten out of them all to tell the tale — and he's gotten into a lot of them.

Clay has his fair share of fame — torching shit, squashing outposts. Mostly, it's because he's gotten out of them all to tell the tale — and he's gotten into a lot of them.

Fred is gonna be so excited when he sees Clay then. I hope Clay can tolerate all the attention because he's gonna receive loads of it from Fred. Oh, and Fred is going to tell his friends about Clay, and Fred's friends will tell their friends and so on. Soon, Clay the war hero will be big news in this city!

Tell me a little more about the Collective. What is it that they do that makes them so hated by people? What makes them the metaphorical devil of the roleplay?

They're so right-wing, they're literally just fascists. Like the whole Ayn Rand psychology. Yeah, collectivism — hell, that's where the name comes from.

Mostly, 30% don't know who they really are, 20% doesn't care, 30% are mostly reformists trying to balance the power, and the rest of the 20% are people so poor that they have no choice but to either obey or rebel.

Moses and the Pharaoh — or in this case, only the latter, as the title might imply.

They're so right-wing, they're literally just fascists. Like the whole Ayn Rand psychology. Yeah, collectivism — hell, that's where the name comes from.

Mostly, 30% don't know who they really are, 20% doesn't care, 30% are mostly reformists trying to balance the power, and the rest of the 20% are people so poor that they have no choice but to either obey or rebel.

Moses and the Pharaoh — or in this case, only the latter, as the title might imply.

Oh, my characters fall squarely into the 50% who don't know who they are and they don't care. That's a perfect fit because I personally never heard of Collectivisim before.

And boy, there's a lot of things I've been thinking about in this roleplay.

Residence areas

First off, we'll start with the places where the different classes of people live. Right, those Elites live high up those skyscrapers? I was thinking that some of the insanely rich Elites would have BRIDGES connecting two skyscrapers together. Extravagantly expensive I know, so only a few skyscrapers will have those bridges. Since their homes are up so high they could travel up and down the city through a private hot air balloon or even a zeppelin. Oh, and also the skyscrapers will not only serve as their headquarters but it can also serve as an office building or a place where they can set up new businesses.

There are so many of these skyscrapers high up that it has earned the name "Sky City".

I was curious how the Elites lived though, I know I know they're in the lap of luxury and living the good life, but I want to know what do they specifically do to accumulate so much power in the first place. Are they powerful politicians with global influence? Are they rich people that own billion-dollar corporations?

Are there Elites living all over the world? Where are they most prominent?

Then there's the Highs, they'll be living in mansions that are just at the foot of the skyscrapers. They're rich people all right, but not as insanely rich as the Elites. They're just one step away from making it to the top though.

The middle class live in suburbia or the apartment complexes all over the city.

The lows or the rats live in shantytown and some people are so poor that they're willing to sleep in the sewers.

Places to visit:
Let me be frank, I want to build this city. It's worldbuilding time, baby. This is so there will be no shortage of locations to explore. There will be gyms, theaters, movie houses, city parks, shooting ranges, marketplaces, shops of all kinds, government buildings, to name some. That's all I've come up with for now.

Well, it's best to leave this for later until the roleplay grows.

Hmm, that's all I'll ask for now. There's more but... yeah... just try to answer these.

First off, we'll start with the places where the different classes of people live. Right, those Elites live high up those skyscrapers? I was thinking that some of the insanely rich Elites would have BRIDGES connecting two skyscrapers together. Extravagantly expensive I know, so only a few skyscrapers will have those bridges. Since their homes are up so high they could travel up and down the city through a private hot air balloon or even a zeppelin. Oh, and also the skyscrapers will not only serve as their headquarters but it can also serve as an office building or a place where they can set up new businesses.

There are so many of these skyscrapers high up that it has earned the name "Sky City".

I was curious how the Elites lived though, I know I know they're in the lap of luxury and living the good life, but I want to know what do they specifically do to accumulate so much power in the first place. Are they powerful politicians with global influence? Are they rich people that own billion-dollar corporations?

Are there Elites living all over the world? Where are they most prominent?

Then there's the Highs, they'll be living in mansions that are just at the foot of the skyscrapers. They're rich people all right, but not as insanely rich as the Elites. They're just one step away from making it to the top though.

The middle class live in suburbia or the apartment complexes all over the city.

The lows or the rats live in shantytown and some people are so poor that they're willing to sleep in the sewers.

Yeah, yeah. Exactly what I was thinking. Since the height of their buildings — and they're so high, people like to call them 'the spires' — are of an extreme amount, most elites travel using airships, zeppelin, and of course, massive bridges. The spaces in these skyscrapers, and whatever prodigal son decides to buy it, and be used in their own accord.

Basically, they're rich padres who own shit because they build shit — and mass produce them, of course. Whether they're in the tin business, or in the zeal one, it doesn't quite matter. They're still stank rich.

Elites, well they live all right. They're not really all that very numerous. They're mostly prominent in the founding collective states.

Yeah, yeah. High's high, just not high enough.

The lowly wacks live in shanties and disoriented towns. Communists live in the underground significantly re-purposes sewers, aptly named 'the labyrinths' for they go against the official maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back