• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pharaoh's Soliloquy | OOC

Lol my character with no fighting/self defense skills is now being targeted by a crazy killer robot gdi

Also does that mean he can possess her personal tinman

I'd like to discuss my characters. I'm kind of thinking about them right now. You can throw some of your characters in here and tell me what you think about them so you can contribute to the discussion... or something.

(Yeah, my brain somehow stopped working around a few days ago. I don't know why.)

Frederick's character

Hmm, I've tried making Fred three times but I just can't seem to decide what to post about him. Should he be the hypercompetent newbie that gets himself into trouble time and time again and somehow get out alive? Mmm, too cartoonish, it seems like they come from kid's shows. Should he be the snoobish misanthrope that... just plains hates everyone? God, not another one, this world has enough of them already.

Or... should he be the innocent newcomer that is filled with love for the world, his country, and his family?

Hmm, I'm thinking of using the last one I mentioned. This character type never gets old and I've never played an innocent character before so let's roll with it.

Character themes

And.... I was thinking of adding themes to my characters. Or... god I forgot what it was called. You know, maybe... make the characters represent something greater than themselves?

Maybe I could make Frederick represent life, youth, and innocence. You know, he's young and brimming with energy and he's partially oblivious to evil.

Then Delmore can represent the stage between life and death which is "dying". He actually is dying because he's used too much drugs, and he's struggling with the fact that he's losing his mortality. He isn't aware that his life is going to end soon though, but he'll find out when he's taken a thorough medical examination. Delmore also represents thought, he actually thinks about the things he's doing, much unlike Guy and Frederick. Hmm, what else should I add to Delmore?

Hmm, I was thinking that Guy should represent death, but I'm still thinking about it!

Lol my character with no fighting/self defense skills is now being targeted by a crazy killer robot gdi

Also does that mean he can possess her personal tinman

Yes. Your tinman is not safe. xD
(I wont break him if you dont want tho)

If that's the case then Guy will most likely try to save you. It's his job anyway and he hates seeing dead people out on the streets.
Yeah she needs the protection lol. I mean she's also a pretty high profile person esp. Compared to the other players here... But regardless she doesn't have any weapons etc. (So maybe she'll buy a baseball bat or easy-to-use gun lol) She gets provided body guards but she might have to invest in a personal guard from now on... And I'm still not sure how permanent her living situation is in the current apartment she's in, either. She's staying there for now because of the filming but I think she's going to rent out a nicer more permanent apartment. Hmm.

Yes. Your tinman is not safe. xD
(I wont break him if you dont want tho)
Lol. I don't mind you possessing him and trying to kill Xing a few times but I want him to still largely remain her robot. Even though you will freak her out and have her shrieking and not going back to that apartment maybe for a few days.

So it's a "Kronus Collective", huh? So how is it a part of the Collective?

Kronos isn't part of that collective. It's just a name for his network of consciousnesses and servers that keep him running. Nothing more than that, no other link to the other Collective here, aside from the Government of wherever we are. The Communists? The ones who made Kronos, anyway.

I'd like to discuss my characters. I'm kind of thinking about them right now. You can throw some of your characters in here and tell me what you think about them so you can contribute to the discussion... or something.

(Yeah, my brain somehow stopped working around a few days ago. I don't know why.)

Frederick's character

Hmm, I've tried making Fred three times but I just can't seem to decide what to post about him. Should he be the hypercompetent newbie that gets himself into trouble time and time again and somehow get out alive? Mmm, too cartoonish, it seems like they come from kid's shows. Should he be the snoobish misanthrope that... just plains hates everyone? God, not another one, this world has enough of them already.

Or... should he be the innocent newcomer that is filled with love for the world, his country, and his family?

Hmm, I'm thinking of using the last one I mentioned. This character type never gets old and I've never played an innocent character before so let's roll with it.

Character themes

And.... I was thinking of adding themes to my characters. Or... god I forgot what it was called. You know, maybe... make the characters represent something greater than themselves?

Maybe I could make Frederick represent life, youth, and innocence. You know, he's young and brimming with energy and he's partially oblivious to evil.

Then Delmore can represent the stage between life and death which is "dying". He actually is dying because he's used too much drugs, and he's struggling with the fact that he's losing his mortality. He isn't aware that his life is going to end soon though, but he'll find out when he's taken a thorough medical examination. Delmore also represents thought, he actually thinks about the things he's doing, much unlike Guy and Frederick. Hmm, what else should I add to Delmore?

Hmm, I was thinking that Guy should represent death, but I'm still thinking about it!
I like those character themes! I think we're missing a more innocent character. I mean Xing is kind of "innocent" in the sense that she doesn't advocate for the grittier actions people take and she's somewhat ignorant to the violence in America because she's only really here for her job and hiding some Chinese nationalists that can't be in China anymore. But she's definitely participated in her fair of illicit activities and manipulation, and it seems to me that Frederick will be Innocent in a different way...?

I hide out for an entire day, and all THESE happen!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?,

Anyway, Lloyd, coding is hella easy. Just slap this on top of your post:

[COLOR=Dimgray][FONT=Lora][SIZE=3][BORDER=4px Solid Dimgray][BG=Angelwhite]

Boom, Kapoot. Insta-code.

I like those character themes! I think we're missing a more innocent character. I mean Xing is kind of "innocent" in the sense that she doesn't advocate for the grittier actions people take and she's somewhat ignorant to the violence in America because she's only really here for her job and hiding some Chinese nationalists that can't be in China anymore. But she's definitely participated in her fair of illicit activities and manipulation, and it seems to me that Frederick will be Innocent in a different way...?

Unlike Xing, Fred is completely unaware of the atrocities people commit for the sake of gaining power. He has zero knowledge of China, other than it is Collective territory. He does not know of the poor, other than they just don't have money. He thinks highly of his forefathers who he thinks are heroes when they have fought for tyrants. His entire life is a lie, but those lies shield him from the real cruelty of the world.

He cannot comprehend evil because he has not really experienced it firsthand.

Hmm, I was planning for Guy to be Fred's polar opposite. If Fred cannot comprehend evil then Guy cannot comprehend good. It doesn't mean Guy is a bad guy though, he just lost faith in the good of the world that's all.

Kronos isn't part of that collective. It's just a name for his network of consciousnesses and servers that keep him running. Nothing more than that, no other link to the other Collective here, aside from the Government of wherever we are. The Communists? The ones who made Kronos, anyway.

Hmm, all right.

I hide out for an entire day, and all THESE happen!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?,

Anyway, Lloyd, coding is hella easy. Just slap this on top of your post:

[COLOR=Dimgray][FONT=Lora][SIZE=3][BORDER=4px Solid Dimgray][BG=Angelwhite]

Boom, Kapoot. Insta-code.

What can I say? I was fucking bored. I just couldn't go to sleep so I had to spice things up.

Oh, and I don't bother with coding, I think it's tedious to learn and tedious to use.

What can I say? I was fucking bored. I just couldn't go to sleep so I had to spice things up.

Oh, and I don't bother with coding, I think it's tedious to learn and tedious to use.

Yes, you spiced up my work too. I'm trying to imagine how the hell my character's gonna- have to interact. You're having me write an essay on normalcy, y'know.

Yes, you spiced up my work too. I'm trying to imagine how the hell my character's gonna- have to interact. You're having me write an essay on normalcy, y'know.

Huh? How'd I do that?

... I just... kind of dropped in you know? Doing the first thing that came to mind then forgetting I even did it then.... yeah you get the point.

THAT'S IT. I GOT IT.

I will play with the concept of innocence in this roleplay.

Guy will slowly regain his innocence and he will also regain his faith in the world. He'll take a level in idealism.

Fred will slowly lose his innocence and lose his faith in the world. He'll take a level in cynicism.

Del? He's gonna die and become OOC's narrator!

Oh, and yeah...

I will play with the concept of "life and death" in this roleplay. Whatever that means. I'll figure that out.

Guy, who is practically "dead" inside will be resurrected from the dead. He'll be "born again" so to speak.

Fred who was practically just born in this world will slowly die. He'll experience death.

These characters mirror each other even if they're so different. Fred's slide into death will explain why Guy is dead. And Guy's "resurrection" will explain why Fred is so damn alive. Or something....

Oh, and Del is "dying", right? He'll keep on dying... and dying... and dying...

Final word:

OK, I probably will not use these themes but it helps me define what these characters stand for. It sharpens my focus a little.

Ya gotta deal with me too ya know. ; )

Unlike Xing, Fred is completely unaware of the atrocities people commit for the sake of gaining power. He has zero knowledge of China, other than it is Collective territory. He does not know of the poor, other than they just don't have money. He thinks highly of his forefathers who he thinks are heroes when they have fought for tyrants. His entire life is a lie, but those lies shield him from the real cruelty of the world.

He cannot comprehend evil because he has not really experienced it firsthand.

Hmm, I was planning for Guy to be Fred's polar opposite. If Fred cannot comprehend evil then Guy cannot comprehend good. It doesn't mean Guy is a bad guy though, he just lost faith in the good of the world that's all.

Hmm, all right.
Is Fred in the military/law enforcement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back