• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

K.O.D

No lights please
The year is 2172 and mankind has been very busy. Their population has more than doubled from the previous century but no one really noticed the coming overpopulation as colonies on Mars and the moon and cheap space travel had allowed for mankind to spread its population widely. Nations dissolved in exchange for colonial states on Mars and The moon, yet since world war three in 2051 humanity has had a distrust of technology heavy weapons as the main weapon of WW3 were robots and A.I.

Due to this rather than making more advanced technology to conquer the stars and the hurdles of different worlds humanity has begun to use genetic modification to prepare for the worlds they would discover. Advanced starships began to be developed but they would find simple solutions to problems rather than complex ones. Need gravity in space? Why make a false gravity generator when you can just make your craft bigger and get it to spin a bit. In short humanity found out that sometimes you don’t need a new thing to succeed you just need to reconfigure what you already have

Something strange has recently occurred however that immediately caught humanities attention. A gravitational anomaly was discovered just beyond the gravity well of Jupiter, and strange signals seem to be broadcasting from it. Seeing the potential danger as well as the potential benefit humanities leaders collectively decided to send a manned vessel of researchers and military staff to determine the threat. This is the story of that voyage.
A7C17032-9245-4B92-BB31-C1C3E724828C.jpeg
~~~
6A31F855-6812-4824-9137-1BB4F3135861.jpeg
(17.8 Kilometers long and 5.6 kilometers wide at the rings.)
We are each members of the crew of the SS Mercurial. Of this crew we have four main factions, the Security Team who are the only faction armed with military hardware, The Medical Team of doctors and virologists with a few xenobiologists and Surgeons. The Engineering corps, people meant to keep the ship operational and all its tools or machinery, And finally the Settlers Corps a team of hardy individuals who have extensive study of biology, agriculture, identifying habitable environments, and of course building survival habitats.

Granted they are not sure if any of this is needed for all they know the anomalous gravitational vortex could dump them in an empty part of the galaxy, at which point the ship is made to have enough resources and farmable produce and livestock on board to sustain the crew indefinitely if need be. So those of us entering the SS Mercurial may never return, or we may just be crushed into a dead mushy metal infused pulp. Only time will tell the question is who are you?

Gene mods
Genetic modification technologies are one of humanities most modern technologies and has a nearly limitless amount of applications. They have developed G-Mods that allow the person to naturally produce graphine in their bones resulting in much stronger skeletons. Other gene mods make the muscle fibers of human beings out of spider silk drastically increasing the physical might of an individual. What’s more the newer machines allow individuals to preselect modifications and pay for them as they go allowing each individual to modify their genes as needed, and the Instant gene reconstruction allows for them to make these changes in mere moments with built in safeguards protecting from genetic abnormalities that can be harmful. In short this miracle technology can recreate nearly any ability seen in nature, and can modify existing natural systems with certain technologies.

(If you struggle to come up with the science behind a power you wish to mod into I can happily help you to Psudoscience jargon your way out of it.)

The Story concept
This is essentially a choose your own story idea with multiple ways we can steer it. There will basically be multiple options at various points and our groups collective choices will steer the story along. There is a whole bunch of options to take and don’t worry if you want to go back we can always come back to other options. Death may be something that occurs if you want it to happen and it will be a bit less of a problem than one would think. The ship holds about 500,000 individuals in an area about The size of Long Island. So if you choose to have your character die you can easily make their replacement or a new character to fill their shoes. Multiple characters are allowed but I ask that it’s limited to two characters at any one time. If you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer them.

Hm, interesting!

Not sure what sort of biological power I want, but I can definitely consider it!

Hm, interesting!

Not sure what sort of biological power I want, but I can definitely consider it!
Awesome I’m glad to have you if you do come up with a theme and need help let me know and I’ll whip up some pseudo-Scientific fancy words :)

Interesting idea and SciFi is one of my favorite genre. I've got an a humanoid gorilla I've been wanting to use more. Raised by humans, his father is a mechanic and his mother is a doctor. He takes after his father more and knows his way around a variety of machines and computer systems. His chief hobby is holographic designing and programming. Into his background, I've been wanting to include a robot mannequin which was repurposed from a buddy that he had during his friendless childhood into a companion/helper. He can also serve as a medic having picked up some know-how from his mom. He's also fluent in Italian and in sign lanuguage.

How many participants are you thinking of? I don't have much experience with group storylines.

Interesting idea and SciFi is one of my favorite genre. I've got an a humanoid gorilla I've been wanting to use more. Raised by humans, his father is a mechanic and his mother is a doctor. He takes after his father more and knows his way around a variety of machines and computer systems. His chief hobby is holographic designing and programming. Into his background, I've been wanting to include a robot mannequin which was repurposed from a buddy that he had during his friendless childhood into a companion/helper. He can also serve as a medic having picked up some know-how from his mom. He's also fluent in Italian and in sign lanuguage.

How many participants are you thinking of? I don't have much experience with group storylines.
I’ll be starting the thread work at three so one more after you until we start but I have no limit on how many I’m going to allow in. The gorilla sounds great but robots won’t really be a playable thing. They were used in world war 3 along with A.I and nearly launched a plan to exterminate humanity but were taken down before they could succeed. The shock and the collapse of many nations actually forced the world governments to unite. Most record of the old nations were wiped by the A.I. so most people don’t have things like nations of origin. The main thing people otherwise one another about nowadays is wether your Terran, Lunan, or Martian born.

But yes intelligent animals are actually quite probable given the gene modification technology. Hell you could even be one of the original test apes from sixty years ago who was given life extension as well if you want.

dumb question... super dumb question... any room for playing maybe the ships AI system trying to balance between all these factions and sorta failing

dumb question... super dumb question... any room for playing maybe the ships AI system trying to balance between all these factions and sorta failing
Sorry but there are no A.I in this robots and A.I. were the primary weapons of ww3 and are not really very well liked or produced in any capacity. Doing so is very illegal, akin to making a nuclear bomb.

There are four factions on the ship.

The Security team- Military and police amongst the crew *only ones with rifles and battle suits.*

The Engineering corps- Maintains and operated the ship and all tools inside of it. *Only ones who can properly and safely navigate the ships internal maintenance corridors.*

The Medical Team- Surgeons, Gene Modders, Doctors and Xenobiologists, these are the big brains. *Full access to medical records and only ones who can properly operate the medical machines.*

The Settlers Corps- General population and maintainers of the Produce and Livestock among other menial duties. *Makes up 90% of all ships crew, can be trained into any position in mere days using Genetic memory technologies.*

You can however make a crew member of any of the factions who handles an administrative role and was modded for heightened intelligence and other A.I. like capabilities.

Sorry but there are no A.I in this robots and A.I. were the primary weapons of ww3 and are not really very well liked or produced in any capacity. Doing so is very illegal, akin to making a nuclear bomb.

There are four factions on the ship.

The Security team- Military and police amongst the crew *only ones with rifles and battle suits.*

The Engineering corps- Maintains and operated the ship and all tools inside of it. *Only ones who can properly and safely navigate the ships internal maintenance corridors.*

The Medical Team- Surgeons, Gene Modders, Doctors and Xenobiologists, these are the big brains. *Full access to medical records and only ones who can properly operate the medical machines.*

The Settlers Corps- General population and maintainers of the Produce and Livestock among other menial duties. *Makes up 90% of all ships crew, can be trained into any position in mere days using Genetic memory technologies.
Welp good luck!

Just having come back to the site after a long absence, I'd say I'm interested in seeing what this story had to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back