• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Lost Book OOC

Due to the circumstances of the world they're on, his right of command would be severely diminished until he had an item that allowed him to tap into the planets power, when I say severely, I mean that he wouldn't even be able to sense the elements below the surface of the planet, he wouldn't be able to even tap into that sort of power without an object. If he tried, his brain would aneurism. Your characters sense of elements in the planet are spell based, Therefore, they would be entirely gone from his arsenal. If you've played World of Warcraft, think the time when Thrall stopped being able to use the elements (Which happened frequently). Also, I don't think you understand what I meant by magical contribution to his strength. I'll put this as simply as I can, because this is something I'm forcing on my own characters as well as anyone else with super strength and no item.

Your physical strength will remain, you'll be able to punch something into next year. However, your fist will shatter into a billion tiny fragments of pink mist. Your character needs to note this in their experimentation with their power levels and strengths. They wouldn't have sufficient control over their own strength to restrain their muscles enough to use ANY strength or speed beyond normal human limits, and even at that point, it would still be incredibly hard for them to do so. Arachnos is a divine being, I've yet to have him enter combat, when he does, you'll see what I mean about self damage. If you need further examples, reference My Hero Academia, Power One For All, when it's being used by the main character early on, before he starts to gain control of it. You'd want to think of your character as someone who's been used to no limiters their entire life, and suddenly, they're in a body with no reinforcements. Due to your characters setup, you're backed into a corner on this one. Your super strength WILL cause damage to your body, as will your super speed, hence why I asked the questions I did when you joined.

I don't say this to nerf you, It's actually more to challenge you to put the handicap upon your own character. At this point, he and Arachnos are relatively matched. Balfnaught is Semi-Divine, he's INCREDIBLY powerful at his peak I'd imagine. Arachnos is a god of destruction, so force application is something he does inherently well, like, he'd be literally unstoppable in his divinity state from a physical combat point of view. The thing is, Arachnos came to Ariael without his divinity. He is, for all intensive purposes, a really strong mortal without the limiters in place to keep himself from hurting himself. He just has a leg up on everyone else here, He's been without his Divine Powers for quite some time, so he didn't really get a nurf when he got pulled through, all that happened to him was a change of scenery.

Also, After discussing your time lapse with Desert Rose Desert Rose , she's determined that it's something you should have cleared with her PRIOR to doing so. There also isn't enough detail as to what he was doing during those weeks. So unfortunately, your Time of Arrival is going to have to coincide with the rest of the cast and crew, putting Balfnaught in the same boat as everyone else.
Ok I'm fine with no magic for a while, but just to clarify, I can't use any physical strength beyond human levels? That makes Balfnaught a human, basically. I've also mentioned his human body's increased durability before and that wasn't challenged

Due to the circumstances of the world they're on, his right of command would be severely diminished until he had an item that allowed him to tap into the planets power, when I say severely, I mean that he wouldn't even be able to sense the elements below the surface of the planet, he wouldn't be able to even tap into that sort of power without an object. If he tried, his brain would aneurism. Your characters sense of elements in the planet are spell based, Therefore, they would be entirely gone from his arsenal. If you've played World of Warcraft, think the time when Thrall stopped being able to use the elements (Which happened frequently). Also, I don't think you understand what I meant by magical contribution to his strength. I'll put this as simply as I can, because this is something I'm forcing on my own characters as well as anyone else with super strength and no item.

Your physical strength will remain, you'll be able to punch something into next year. However, your fist will shatter into a billion tiny fragments of pink mist. Your character needs to note this in their experimentation with their power levels and strengths. They wouldn't have sufficient control over their own strength to restrain their muscles enough to use ANY strength or speed beyond normal human limits, and even at that point, it would still be incredibly hard for them to do so. Arachnos is a divine being, I've yet to have him enter combat, when he does, you'll see what I mean about self damage. If you need further examples, reference My Hero Academia, Power One For All, when it's being used by the main character early on, before he starts to gain control of it. You'd want to think of your character as someone who's been used to no limiters their entire life, and suddenly, they're in a body with no reinforcements. Due to your characters setup, you're backed into a corner on this one. Your super strength WILL cause damage to your body, as will your super speed, hence why I asked the questions I did when you joined.

I don't say this to nerf you, It's actually more to challenge you to put the handicap upon your own character. At this point, he and Arachnos are relatively matched. Balfnaught is Semi-Divine, he's INCREDIBLY powerful at his peak I'd imagine. Arachnos is a god of destruction, so force application is something he does inherently well, like, he'd be literally unstoppable in his divinity state from a physical combat point of view. The thing is, Arachnos came to Ariael without his divinity. He is, for all intensive purposes, a really strong mortal without the limiters in place to keep himself from hurting himself. He just has a leg up on everyone else here, He's been without his Divine Powers for quite some time, so he didn't really get a nurf when he got pulled through, all that happened to him was a change of scenery.

Also, After discussing your time lapse with Desert Rose Desert Rose , she's determined that it's something you should have cleared with her PRIOR to doing so. There also isn't enough detail as to what he was doing during those weeks. So unfortunately, your Time of Arrival is going to have to coincide with the rest of the cast and crew, putting Balfnaught in the same boat as everyone else.
Ok, deleted my second post and edited my first. Until he gets his magic back I'm planning to put him at about Spider-Man levels of strength with less durability, so he can fight normally but if he gets too crazy he will injure himself. I didn't realise the magical contribution to strength was imposed on everyone, so I'm sorry. Also, is it ok if he does have above-human durability, but not into the realms of gods like he had previously? Like, he could take a bullet, but it would break the bones beneath and bruise badly

Ok, deleted my second post and edited my first. Until he gets his magic back I'm planning to put him at about Spider-Man levels of strength with less durability, so he can fight normally but if he gets too crazy he will injure himself. I didn't realise the magical contribution to strength was imposed on everyone, so I'm sorry. Also, is it ok if he does have above-human durability, but not into the realms of gods like he had previously? Like, he could take a bullet, but it would break the bones beneath and bruise badly
He is in human form, depending on how he made his human form he should have to conform to that bodies limits. If he chooses a lean form he shouldn't be strong but he should be flexible, if he choose body builder he would be strong and fast but probably vulnerable being a big target and all. You specifically said your character has a human form and thats how he came into Ariael. If you look at other characters and how they were used they dont completely break how they were designed. Like how archanos is a mountain of a man, i personally dont care how powerful someone is but a bandit with a sword is going to be deadly against anyone without armor. Archnos bipassed this by simply taking out the head of the horde and putting himself on top, this tells us (and us, not our characters) that hes not your average brute but cunning and has some understanding of how a warlord's rule works(As opposed to a king or something, cause this wouldnt work in that case)

But im not a gm or a lore person so these are just my opinions and thoughts, archnos might not be cunning as he seems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He is in human form, depending on how he made his human form he should have to conform to that bodies limits. If he chooses a lean form he shouldn't be strong but he should be flexible, if he choose body builder he would be strong and fast but probably vulnerable being a big target and all. You specifically said your character has a human form and thats how he came into Ariael. If you look at other characters and how they were used they dont completely break how they were designed. Like how archanos is a mountain of a man, i personally dont care how powerful someone is but a bandit with a sword is going to be deadly against anyone without armor. Archnos bipassed this by simply taking out the head of the horde and putting himself on top, this tells us (and us, not our characters) that hes not your average brute but cunning and has some understanding of how a warlord's rule works(As opposed to a king or something, cause this wouldnt work in that case)

But im not a gm or a lore person so these are just my opinions and thoughts, archnos might not be cunning as he seems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He isn't human though, and I have said this. The form itself is beyond human even without magical enhancements, but the differences with and without are drastic. He made his human form to be stronger than normal humans because he naturally thinks himself above them. It won't be stronger to ridiculous levels like his previous one, and I'm going to write him a lot more fragile, but I would like to reiterate that the human form is "superhuman".

Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Kaz still needs to review (im just awake before him lol)

As your character intends he can be "superhuman" if his strength in said human form is not reliant on magic for that strength.

Welp, I am going to have to try and post an intro later.. :/ Gotta go to work in a little less than an hour now, and I won't be back till a while later. Sorry.. ;^;

Petroshka Petroshka i probably will soon

Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 we bothe liked your dragon character... you didn't have to completely change it
I don't plan to replace Balfnaught with Shinji. Try probably won't meet though. Anyway, I've said like 5 times that his strength is not reliant on magic, but I'm gonna tone it down from One Punch Man level to All Might level ( when he gets magic). I'm gonna rp it as if he had no idea he had been enhancing himself. Anyway, for now I'm gonna go about spiderman

I don't plan to replace Balfnaught with Shinji. Try probably won't meet though. Anyway, I've said like 5 times that his strength is not reliant on magic, but I'm gonna tone it down from One Punch Man level to All Might level ( when he gets magic). I'm gonna rp it as if he had no idea he had been enhancing himself. Anyway, for now I'm gonna go about spiderman

Arachnos is around Spider-Man levels as well I'd say, at least comparable to his physical form. Arachnos is a mountain of muscle and fury. He's also got the hulk complex going on, but it's not with anger, it's with pure destruction.

Petroshka Petroshka
Arachnos is a Savage, and Cunning, just as his brother Keiros is Cunning and Savage.

Wick Wick no you can go ahead and post your intro I just wanted everyone in the forest and seaport to hold off. You should come in somewhere in the capital though.

Petroshka Petroshka
Arachnos is a Savage, and Cunning, just as his brother Keiros is Cunning and Savage.[/QUOTE]
So one is Cunningly savage and the other is Savagely Cunning?

Almost like Gork and Mork.... Only Brutal instead of savage... BY THE HOLY EMPEROR! YOU HERETIC!

Fucking hate writers block :/ I have tried making an intro four different times in four different ways, and I get five paragraphs in before it sounds unorganized and stupid. ò,ó

Kidding, yeah, I'll make it later though, Got posts to write. Basically, Barbarian camp to the west, castle to the east, the tower in the middle is supposed to be like a lighthouse for the harbor. The rest is mysterious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back