• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Lost Book OOC

Desert Rose Desert Rose
When Balfnaught finds his object (It'll probably be a tooth or something) I want him to test the limits of his power in the new world. Obviously there'll be some collateral damage. What's the limit of the damage I can do to the forest?

Petroshka Petroshka Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Kazanna Kazanna Enolx Enolx @The Comet Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly jole875 jole875 ProRPer ProRPer @Baku HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest ZevVeli ZevVeli Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Help me out friends.... If your character has an object they use for source of power please state it here. If you don't have one then just say you don't have one so I know who to work with regarding objects.
ok, just saw this. Well, I'm debating between his scarf and his choker. It'll probably be the scarf since he'll be constantly levitating it. Yeah, let's make it the scarf. It'd take Hell, Heaven, and high water to take it from him.

As an aside, since he has a actual wings, he can fly without his Object, right?

Huehuehuehuehue See how long you can maintain control against a god that brainwashes people with his mere presence.

Sorry for all the questions, but would it be possible to add some abilities to my character sheet after clearing them with you? I just thought of them today and I wish I came up with them yesterday :(
write up the list, I'll check them over. Rose is at work.

Petroshka Petroshka
How big is this bear? Like.. I plan on beating the fuck out of it barehanded. Luxta is a nicer and stronger version of the Mountain from game of thrones, this bear about to catch the L.

Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Heeeeeey buddy. I like your posts, great violence, much destruction, such wow factor.

Teensy problems

Here and there

Yanno

Lorebreaking

Storybreaking

Playbreaking

Problems

I'll start in your first line

Balfnaught sat, pensive. It had been several weeks since he had arrived, and he had spent much of that time trying to connect with the new world. He had certainly improved, and should now be able to manage certain manipulations. He could not use any of his complex techniques, however, such as expelling a being from his planet. He had recently gained access to the planet's crust and mantle, granting him the use of the planet's magma in his attacks. Or at least, it should have. For some reason he had not been able to control any aspect of the Earth, even though he could feel the power churning below his feet. Something was missing. He just had to work out what. And there was only one way to do that: trial and error. He stood up for the first time in days, his legs creaking.

So here you have a decent character building post... but it... doesn't work.

You've given him WEEKS of time that no one else experienced.

Secondly, You've given him spellforce based powers without an Object.

Thirdly, you've allowed him to tap into primal forces, on a world where the primals have never been touched. Your character is an ancient Magma Dragon as far as I can tell, a primal force in his own right. He would know better than to just steal power that might belong to someone else, even if he felt by right of might it should be his.

So the next issue I'll address.

Hundreds of trees in front of him splintered and fell from the shockwave.

Really? Were going for omnipotent power off the bat after a few weeks of meditating when it's bluntly stated that high power REQUIRES an object? Sorry, but that's nixed.

The interaction with the horde is about what I'd expect, but you didn't give me a chance to really reply or act as the horde, you just made them as weak and mindless as you'd like. That isn't Arachnos' horde. It's not how I'd set them up. They'd never tell you a thing, torture them, kill them one at a time to try to scare them, you'll never get them to tell you anything they weren't ordered to.

Next, your super speed use.

Without waiting for a reply, Balfnaught closed the distance between him and the men, moving so fast it would have seemed like teleportation to the barbarians. Once he stood before them, he stopped entirely and dropped his hands to his sides

So there's a problem here, one I asked you about as you submitted your CS, before it was accepted. I BLUNTLY asked you if you were going to follow the typical tropes of super speed, you flat out said that he would need to slow down. Super speed to teleportation levels isn't following that trope rule, in fact it's simply shattering it.

Next, you've gained your item VERY early, without discussing it with Rose, as she said she would be discussing things with you to do so, you've jumped the gun here a bit.

Lets back the bus up just a bit, and reassess where your character stands in reference to his physical ability and strength, considering things going on and the affect of the world he's in.

I'm guessing your giving him the super strength similar to Saitama from one punch man. That's great and all, but like I was discussing before, he's spent his entire existence with his body being reinforced by his draconic magic's. I realize you said that he would have a superiorly trained body simply due to training, but you also stated that he was hibernating for a long period of time within his own worlds core if I recall correctly.

He's also coming through injured, you've made no mention or motion of that, he's not limited himself, recognized the pain of that, or been handicapped by that. His lore is deeper than your posting him to be. That's lorebreaking, observe your own set out limitations while posting, just as I have with Arachnos. He's unable to use his divine traits, however, he IS following his exact trope and story to the letter. He has no magical ability and has gained nothing (besides a mind warped army).

Please assess and discuss with me so we can work on your posts. I am more than happy to help you set up properly so that you can use your magnificent character to his maximum potential within the rules of this play.

Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

I absolutely adored your post! IT was perfect and actually worked very well in furthering the plot so Thank you! :)
Well, thanks. Yeah I wanted him to have his 15 seconds of fame and be the godlike sugar plum that his world's fairies are meant to be, at least initially. Now I can easily explain why his powers are now limited to the ones described in the CS. (If you remember, there's a couple times where he breaks his own telekinesis rule, but now I can clean all that up.)

Petroshka Petroshka Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Kazanna Kazanna Enolx Enolx Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly jole875 jole875 ProRPer ProRPer @Baku HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest ZevVeli ZevVeli Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Wick Wick

Hey friends.... So I added in a Lore Page. The link is currently only on the IC page with the other links but will be posted elsewhere. I just wanted to give you a heads up on that.

side note: in case you didn't realize, Kaz and I are together in rl so he does have approval on what he says because I am literally reading it over his shoulder lol. Currently he is working on more of the lore build (he's better at it than I am). Any concerns you have during this play you can tag me or him and one of us will reply.

Any suggestions of lore can be submitted here in OOC or in a PM please refrain from submitting it on the lore page unless already approved.

We gladly accept any suggestions and will definitely consider it.

I want this to be a long play and with so many good writers here this play has the potential to go far beyond its limits and I look forward to any help.

You guys are Great! Thank You!

Last edited:
Well, thanks. Yeah I wanted him to have his 15 seconds of fame and be the godlike sugar plum that his world's fairies are meant to be, at least initially. Now I can easily explain why his powers are now limited to the ones described in the CS. (If you remember, there's a couple times where he breaks his own telekinesis rule, but now I can clean all that up.)

Your character is well balanced and it showed in your post. The gods of this world will come into play much much later so this actually works perfect!

jole875 jole875 about twice the size of a grizzly but its there to take a look at things so i'll probably try to run away

Petroshka Petroshka Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Kazanna Kazanna Enolx Enolx Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly jole875 jole875 ProRPer ProRPer @Baku HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest ZevVeli ZevVeli Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Wick Wick

Kaz and I are working through things and figuring lore really quick so It would be great right now if you could hold off on your posts.

I have some big focal points that I need to incorporate but cannot due so until some posts are sorted through and taken care of. I'll let you know when you can post again.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I want this play to be the best it can be and I cannot monitor as fast as the posts are coming in right now. Once we get over this hump then it should be smooth sailing. Thanks for your patience.

Wick Wick You have your intro to post still you can do so but I would request that your character portals into the capital or near it not the forest or seaport there are too many character s there already.

Enolx Enolx I would like the stables that your character is currently at to be located into the royal stables or close by. Please let me know if you're okay with this or if there are any concerns. Thank you.

I understand and will plan it accordingly ;) Tbh I have been thinking about my intro for a while now. o,o Still thinking of a way to make it good. :)

I understand and will plan it accordingly ;) Tbh I have been thinking about my intro for a while now. o,o Still thinking of a way to make it good. :)
have him come in like a cannon ball shoot through the castle and land somewhere away
jk

Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Heeeeeey buddy. I like your posts, great violence, much destruction, such wow factor.

Teensy problems

Here and there

Yanno

Lorebreaking

Storybreaking

Playbreaking

Problems

I'll start in your first line

Balfnaught sat, pensive. It had been several weeks since he had arrived, and he had spent much of that time trying to connect with the new world. He had certainly improved, and should now be able to manage certain manipulations. He could not use any of his complex techniques, however, such as expelling a being from his planet. He had recently gained access to the planet's crust and mantle, granting him the use of the planet's magma in his attacks. Or at least, it should have. For some reason he had not been able to control any aspect of the Earth, even though he could feel the power churning below his feet. Something was missing. He just had to work out what. And there was only one way to do that: trial and error. He stood up for the first time in days, his legs creaking.

So here you have a decent character building post... but it... doesn't work.

You've given him WEEKS of time that no one else experienced.

Secondly, You've given him spellforce based powers without an Object.

Thirdly, you've allowed him to tap into primal forces, on a world where the primals have never been touched. Your character is an ancient Magma Dragon as far as I can tell, a primal force in his own right. He would know better than to just steal power that might belong to someone else, even if he felt by right of might it should be his.

So the next issue I'll address.

Hundreds of trees in front of him splintered and fell from the shockwave.

Really? Were going for omnipotent power off the bat after a few weeks of meditating when it's bluntly stated that high power REQUIRES an object? Sorry, but that's nixed.

The interaction with the horde is about what I'd expect, but you didn't give me a chance to really reply or act as the horde, you just made them as weak and mindless as you'd like. That isn't Arachnos' horde. It's not how I'd set them up. They'd never tell you a thing, torture them, kill them one at a time to try to scare them, you'll never get them to tell you anything they weren't ordered to.

Next, your super speed use.

Without waiting for a reply, Balfnaught closed the distance between him and the men, moving so fast it would have seemed like teleportation to the barbarians. Once he stood before them, he stopped entirely and dropped his hands to his sides

So there's a problem here, one I asked you about as you submitted your CS, before it was accepted. I BLUNTLY asked you if you were going to follow the typical tropes of super speed, you flat out said that he would need to slow down. Super speed to teleportation levels isn't following that trope rule, in fact it's simply shattering it.

Next, you've gained your item VERY early, without discussing it with Rose, as she said she would be discussing things with you to do so, you've jumped the gun here a bit.

Lets back the bus up just a bit, and reassess where your character stands in reference to his physical ability and strength, considering things going on and the affect of the world he's in.

I'm guessing your giving him the super strength similar to Saitama from one punch man. That's great and all, but like I was discussing before, he's spent his entire existence with his body being reinforced by his draconic magic's. I realize you said that he would have a superiorly trained body simply due to training, but you also stated that he was hibernating for a long period of time within his own worlds core if I recall correctly.

He's also coming through injured, you've made no mention or motion of that, he's not limited himself, recognized the pain of that, or been handicapped by that. His lore is deeper than your posting him to be. That's lorebreaking, observe your own set out limitations while posting, just as I have with Arachnos. He's unable to use his divine traits, however, he IS following his exact trope and story to the letter. He has no magical ability and has gained nothing (besides a mind warped army).

Please assess and discuss with me so we can work on your posts. I am more than happy to help you set up properly so that you can use your magnificent character to his maximum potential within the rules of this play.
Ok. I'll try to answer as best as I can.
There was never anything saying that all of them had to arrive at the same time. I had Balfnaught arrive a few weeks early so he could run himself into a brick wall trying to use his magic. Secondly, I did say he could sense the power of the earth, but not use it. He can use it because he has a "right of command" over any world he's on, but it's far weaker compared to his home world. Someone with the same power from the current world would stomp him. I did explicitly say he wasn't unable to use it.
Super speed use I wrote "would have seemed like teleportation to the barbarians". I mean they would have perceived it as teleportation. because they're too "low level" to actually see the movement, but someone at "higher level" like arachnos or most of the characters on the rp could see it for what it really was. Also, physical power in general, I did go overboard with the trees shattering, but I do have to reiterate myself: there is no magical contribution to his strength. His only magic is his Will and Right of Command. It is just a physical trait.
Saying this, I did screw up with the horde. I misunderstood their role. I thought they were a separate entity, but I gave you no chance to respond, so I'm sorry. Also, I screwed up the injured bit too, as he seemed to forget about it, which is really stupid on my part.
Also, even I didn't like how I found my item. It was rushed, but I thought I might have to "throw down" with arachnos and I thought my physical strength just wouldn't cut it there. I'm going to have him find another item later on. I'm going to edit the post a bit. Actually, should I just delete the second one to give you a chance to respond as the horde?

Due to the circumstances of the world they're on, his right of command would be severely diminished until he had an item that allowed him to tap into the planets power, when I say severely, I mean that he wouldn't even be able to sense the elements below the surface of the planet, he wouldn't be able to even tap into that sort of power without an object. If he tried, his brain would aneurism. Your characters sense of elements in the planet are spell based, Therefore, they would be entirely gone from his arsenal. If you've played World of Warcraft, think the time when Thrall stopped being able to use the elements (Which happened frequently). Also, I don't think you understand what I meant by magical contribution to his strength. I'll put this as simply as I can, because this is something I'm forcing on my own characters as well as anyone else with super strength and no item.

Your physical strength will remain, you'll be able to punch something into next year. However, your fist will shatter into a billion tiny fragments of pink mist. Your character needs to note this in their experimentation with their power levels and strengths. They wouldn't have sufficient control over their own strength to restrain their muscles enough to use ANY strength or speed beyond normal human limits, and even at that point, it would still be incredibly hard for them to do so. Arachnos is a divine being, I've yet to have him enter combat, when he does, you'll see what I mean about self damage. If you need further examples, reference My Hero Academia, Power One For All, when it's being used by the main character early on, before he starts to gain control of it. You'd want to think of your character as someone who's been used to no limiters their entire life, and suddenly, they're in a body with no reinforcements. Due to your characters setup, you're backed into a corner on this one. Your super strength WILL cause damage to your body, as will your super speed, hence why I asked the questions I did when you joined.

I don't say this to nerf you, It's actually more to challenge you to put the handicap upon your own character. At this point, he and Arachnos are relatively matched. Balfnaught is Semi-Divine, he's INCREDIBLY powerful at his peak I'd imagine. Arachnos is a god of destruction, so force application is something he does inherently well, like, he'd be literally unstoppable in his divinity state from a physical combat point of view. The thing is, Arachnos came to Ariael without his divinity. He is, for all intensive purposes, a really strong mortal without the limiters in place to keep himself from hurting himself. He just has a leg up on everyone else here, He's been without his Divine Powers for quite some time, so he didn't really get a nurf when he got pulled through, all that happened to him was a change of scenery.

Also, After discussing your time lapse with Desert Rose Desert Rose , she's determined that it's something you should have cleared with her PRIOR to doing so. There also isn't enough detail as to what he was doing during those weeks. So unfortunately, your Time of Arrival is going to have to coincide with the rest of the cast and crew, putting Balfnaught in the same boat as everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back