• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Rika responded in kind. “It is, but the early commute of the others and myself should make for a more furtive approach on the morrow. We’ll be checking out the mines, and if my suspicions prove apropros to Ramirez's assessment... I’d rather be overly prepared than lacking…” She shifted in her seat, looking around for the friend that Callan had been earlier sparring with, but then taking aback, retrospect to her intentions. “In lieu of that, I wanted to know if either of you would be willing to attend, we could use the help.” Whilst earlier she’d have preferred some prevaricated polities, the fact of the matter stood that no amount of unctuous bloviation would deter from what everyone, at present, knew would be a difficult task. “I’m willing to set out in the morning to give you time to prepare, if you wish, but this isn’t something I want to go into half hearted, especially considering what just happened in Silverfrond." She inhaled, calmly, analytically, but also understanding that the answers could go either which way. "So? What say you both?"

Genii Genii , Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
Callan
Guildhall bar

“The Wyrm hunt…” Callan had considered it, and although the beast parts alone would fetch a good price, he wasn’t sure if it was worth the risk.

He knew his limitations. At the end of the day he was just a bird with a sword, which wasn’t going to do him any favours underground, against something with scales thicker than roof tiles.

“… who’s ‘we’?” Callan asked, wondering who Rika had already asked to join her on the quest.

Oli Beju Oli Beju Lost Echo Lost Echo

An understandable consternation befell Rika, realizing further how unreasonable this request was becoming, but all the same, adhered to her pitch. “Myself, Siwai, and Connor. Including her suits of armor, we’ve some muscle, but I'd be lying if I said I knew how many she could control at once, and how those many would fare against Wyrms... much less Wyrms in tunnels.

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo

Urzoth frowned considering, “Connor’s armors are very skilled. With the added bonus of not needed to breathe.” If they remembered right, a wyrm often had a poisoned breath to deal with. They considered how they could help. They, themselves, did not fare well in tunnels. Particularly if they were going to enter those holes they’d passed on the way to the Cackling Woods. One of her bonded could join, though the distance would be a strain. Would it be worth the aid provided? "More bodies may not help cramped in the tunnels. I presume that's what we expect to be making those holes you see scattered between here and the wall?"

Calixto gives a nod of his head, "Yes. He can change size." Confirming what Anat said, patting the griffin on the side.
“Huh!” Said Cricket, sufficiently impressed “Neat!”
"If he does increase his size, then we might be able to ride him except," switching Arthy's position around, his hands under the frontal armpits while hoisting him in the air and giving the cat-bird a gentle wiggle, "Arthy's not adjusted to people riding him. I don't know how he feels with people mounting him."
Cricket let out an irreverently amused snort at the word mounting. “I don’t know how I’d feel!” She giggled.
Cricket did not seem to mind to be heald, infact maybe she was enjoying it. Once she was done Ana slowly put her down, debating if she should, not wishing to just drop her like a cat. "Aperantly so cricket, it's why I been looking over the little guy none stop.....I am supriced as you" as Crickets legs came in contact in the floor, Ana clearly did not let go immediately but did aftet a few seconds.
Cricket watched her feet as she got lowered to the ground and then looked at the woman curiously when she didn’t let go. Not worried, mind you, just curious.
"OK cricket, you need to eat, go get some food befor we go, I will be here with Calixto for a sec so you know where to find me. I will let you know when we are leaving" she told her but not shooing off as Ana would like her to comeback since both were very much interested in the griffin but, an empty stomach was the last thing one would want, and in a long day travel, best she eat sooner than later. Ana reached out and pet her on the top of the head. Maybe it was the fact cricket was just adorable...she just naturally liked cricket. And adding the cleric was naturally friendly. "Or you can eat on the go and stay with us"
Cricket put her paws on her hips and scowled. “Well now you’re giving me options, lady.” She said, a tad accusingly.
Barry (npc)
Ashley’s table

“What d’yer want?” A grumpy voice asked from Ashley’s side. A redhead dwarf wearing an apron stood there (the barkeeper presumably).

“Not seen you ‘round ‘ere before. You signin’ up ter the guild? Tavern’s fer members only.” He folded his hairy arms impatiently as he waited for the stranger’s response.

Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns
Crickets ears boinked. Oh! Speak o’ the devil, She just saw the barman at that table over there. That made things easy. “HEY BAR GUY!” She shouted around Book Lady’s legs. “I SOLD MY SOUL! CAN I GET MY GRUB NOW?!” She turned back to the woman with a self satisfied smirk and two thumbs up. “Aright. Settled.”

Last edited:
Interactions: Rika and Urzoth (Guildhall Bar)
Oli Beju Oli Beju Lost Echo Lost Echo

Godefroi left the infirmary once her body felt better, heading back to the bar to get herself a well-earned drink. On her way, she rubs her bruised knuckles, muttering to herself about what other mission she can do. She enters the room and scans the area for the bartender Barry. Noticing Barry speaking with a stranger, her eyes couldn't help but observe them. They better not do anything shady with her favorite bartender, or she'll throw them out the window like the last guy. "Whenever you get done with that stranger, Barry, serve me your strongest drink, eh?" Offering him a cheeky smile before checking the quest board to take a look at the quest. She was eager to do a solo quest but hearing the latest whispers of Beryl's statement made her face lower to a frown. "Great. Partying up with others would be a pain in my ass." Huffing to herself while rubbing her stiff neck and a sharp grunt as she touched a hardened muscle. While inspecting the board, a conversation she managed to overhear caught her attention, and she couldn't help but approach the two conversing guild members. "Do you need my aid? I wouldn't mind lending a hand," giving a shrug of her shoulders. She's tangled with many beasts before, so facing a Wyrm was nothing to her.

Callan

“Ramirez mentioned they found a Shaelmaar down there, so I doubt it’s just a wyrm we’d need ter worry about.” Callan pondered.

Siwai was going to wind the Siren up no end, but Connor and her small army of suits… that certainly changed things.

“I’ll ‘av ter think about it.“ After all, his last dragon hunt didn’t exactly go to plan. He looked towards the infirmary doors then got out of his stool just as Godefroi arrived.

“Don’t sit on my chair…” He grumpily warned the blonde. “I’ll be right back.” The man grumbled before leaving the group to go and check on something.

Lost Echo Lost Echo Oli Beju Oli Beju Astrophil Astrophil

Last edited:
"Welp if ya say so..." Tobias paused ears twitching before diving into the hay, there was a squeak and a rustle before he emerged with a dead rat in his mouth

Genii Genii

Percival
Yard

Percival backed up a step. “Did he just…” No amount of gentility training could stop the teen from cringing in horror as Tobias reappeared with a rat in his mouth.

Concern.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Ramirez rolled his eyes "gods ya still doing that a decade later?" Ramirez huffed crossing his arms disapprovingly "gonna get ill"

"Mhhff mu mme" he spat the rat into his hand and clarified "not fur me, its payment for da elf doctur down stair right." He grinned proud of accomplishing his mini quest. "So i better not keep 'er waitin." He waved a hand and rat at Percy. "Good luck on ya hunts." Before beelining back into the guild and to the basement.

Genii Genii

"Coffee sounds great!" Ashley told him, not really scared of the barkeep, yet. "And yeah, I'm new, an amateur." This could mean that he'd either never slayed a monster before, or he had just begun. Ashley might clarify, but he might not as well. He wasn't hungry, and he told Barry as such.
Being chaotic wasn't the same as being a big dick. If someone was being hospitable to Ashley, he'd accept it without any fanfare. Being cold or neutral was a different matter because then, these people weren't treating him the best, so why should he give them the courtesy, especially when it was in his nature to do so? Being a dick meant gloating, pushing people around and causing people harm. Ashley was evil in the political, weird, 'I'll be off-putting' way. He would not be evil in the bullying way.

Ana nodded at Calixto as she will be there in a bit with the rest "alright perfect, we have a long trip so bet will be very entertaining" . As the man left ,Ana Looking at cricket scowling at the fact she was given options. "Well i have to give you options, can't just give you one and make it that, a bit unfair now is it?" She argued with a smirk as, well, she barely knew her and maybe she had other ideas, but at the same time if she did, cricket would say that's for sure. But still, its food and that was important right now. Hearing the small dogfolk yell as she sold her soul, besides being dramatic, it was entertaining in a way for Ana...Maybe its how unexpected and utterly random it is, she might be sitting and the next second she would be on the table throwing a Top for all Ana knows. Ana gave her a thumbs up back, keeping the lighten mood up not wishing to urge such urgency. Pluss its best to work at full belly.

"Alright cricket, You get some grub alright, i will be outside with the rest and setting up. If anything we will be right outside, seems we are not leaving just yet so i bet you have a few minutes to enjoy your meal." Ana added as some did not have horses or ways of transport, She does remember Ramirez and Percy had there own such as the beautiful land drake and horse respectively. With that she waved and pointed at Cricket where she will be, pointing specifically at the front door.

Ana walked and soon enough, she saw Calixto with the now BIG Arthy... God this griffin was...one heck of a surprise.Some are missing, cricket was one but the little dogfolk was excused.
"Alright so Cricket is eating and-" Calixto is dirty again and there it stood, She stopped as she saw a display, Ana hands were placed on her hips as she wondered.....what happen? Did arty attack this man? she was not here and she feels like she miss a lot " I imagen i missed a lot now did i?"

Interaction: Cricket MrMopp MrMopp Calixto Astrophil Astrophil

The attenuation of her proposal had clearly not done it’s work, however well-intended. All the same, Rika couldn’t blame the two for their apprehension, in fact, the more she thought about the number of ways the quest could go wrong, the more she’d wished she’d acquiesced for something simpler, instead. No sooner had her more tentative constitution begun to take hold, than Callan had meandered off and Goldie, a strange, carping and often times nettlesome guild member, approached and offered to join. “We’re taking all the help we can get at this point.” Rika spoke. She then looked to Urzoth. “You’re correct about the tunnels. I’m hoping to have a plan upon our arrival; one that will account for the logistics, but right now it seems more to our benefit to have more people than fewer, as we can always limit the number of peoples’ entry if there’s too many; but, barring Connor’s suits of armor, we can’t source them from thin air if we’re short.” She stopped, deep in thought. Still, the prospect of the group getting cramped in the tunnels, tripping over one another, and worse yet, panic ensuing if a sudden burst of miasma flooded the diminutive walkways would be enough to send even the most stolid soldier into a claustrophobic paroxysm. Ultimately, any plan would be fruitless without a view of the mines and an understanding of the contents of the tunnels, alive or otherwise. “It seems like a waste, but…” The gears were turning again, and before long, Rika looked to Urzoth, and then the wheels that constituted her means of transportation. Her eyes squinted, as though she’d suddenly had an epiphany that she was trying to manifest into existence. She then shook her head as if dismissing it out of hand, entirely. “Goldie, you got any ideas?”

Genii Genii ; Lost Echo Lost Echo ; Astrophil Astrophil

Last edited:
Percival

Shaelmaars and dead rats, that what Percy would be dreaming about tonight.

“We should probably get moving.” Percival said to Ramirez as he took Samira’s reins and began to lead her around to the front of the building.

Anat and a few others were already gathered by the Inn’s noisy entrance, including the (now large) griffin, Arthy.

“Whoah… shh… it’s ok Sammy.” Percival cooed to his nervous show pony as she spotted the unfamiliar beast and reared her head.

Yonsisac Yonsisac Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil

_______

Callan

Callan stomped his way across the guildhall and down to the infirmary where Hannah, Morgana and Siwali were talking. There was no sign of Tobias though.

“He’s on his way.” Hannah answered before Callan even opened his mouth to ask where the rookie was.

_______

Barry (npc)

“Knock yer’self out!” Barry called across to Cricket. There were platters of food on most of the tables by now, free to all who were members of the guild. Simply cooked meats, veggies and puddings were available, including a few (questionable) monster specials.

“Coffee?” Barry turned back to Ashley with a confused frown.

“There’s a table over there-“ He stopped to gesture to it - a table covered in scrolls, quills and a pot of blood-red ink. “Go sign yer name on one o’ the contracts, and I’ll go get you yer… coffee.” He’d never heard of it, but Colin probably knew what it was.

The scrolls on the table were all identical, with a list of agreements, clauses and a space at the bottom for the new recruit to sign.

Guild Contract

Hunters Guild Contract

I, the undersigned

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

in Mutual Agreement with my Brothers and Sisters of the Guild, accept the following terms and oaths:

• I swear to uphold the fine reputation of the Hunter’s Guild.
  • I swear to aid and defend all my fellow guildsmen.
  • I swear to bring prosperity and wealth for the Guild to grow and swear to handle any property granted to me by the Guild with great care.
  • I swear not to partake in any acts of aggression or ill will against my guildsmen.
  • I agree to share my profits from the field with those who accompany me on a quest.
  • Sharing is to be made in equal portions, no exceptions.
  • I agree to pay a Tithe of 1/10 of my earnings to the Guild & Crown, which will be deducted in advance.
  • Any equipment, paraphernalia or treasures found on the field will remain the property of whomever finds it.
  • Should I perish on the field, I wish to Petition for Resurrection. Y/N

Should I break any oath or clause in this agreement, I accept that I will be punished accordingly or, in extreme circumstances, banished from the Guild and stripped of all titles and earnings.

This I swear in the name of all Gods above and below.

MrMopp MrMopp Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

Last edited:
Tobias excitedly entered the infirmary holding up the rat with triumph. "i got it!"
----
"whooooaa a griffin." Ramirez headed over to admire the feathered mount with excitement. Thunder rolled her eyes and gave Sam an assuring nuzzel.
Astrophil Astrophil Yonsisac Yonsisac

Callan

“So he is.” Callan said, turning to look at the excitable rookie. “Got what? The plague.”

“Aren’t you a clever little Hunter.” Hannah passed the sarky Siren to get a better look at Tobias’ rat.

“Little?” Callan shook his head. Man was practically a giant.

“This should do nicely, and I’m sure Colin will appreciate one less rodent roaming around the guild.” Hannah praised the rookie.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Callan
Hannah (npc)

Callan muttered something about hunting water hags and getting less praise.

“The skull is intact… so yes, this will do just nicely.” Hannah took the creature out of Toby’s hands, before placing it on her desk.

“Now, for your reward. What would you prefer, gold or a surprise?” The wood elf smiled as she returned to Tobais.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Ana looked over with a smile seeing both Percy and Ramirez now here, well the group is coming together, as fatlr she can tell only 2 people are missing now: cricket who was excused and Pierre. Seeing both of them with rides made her realize that they will arrive ALOT sooner than 24 hour walk, maybe 12 hours. They would need to camp unless there mounts can handle the long walk. Still thinking what happen to calixto and how he was sudently and magically dirty when he was all well and clean just a hour back.

"Well alright seems we are mostly all here, and all have there own mounts, at this rate we might arrive alot sooner. Cricket is excused she needs a meal, I think only Pierre is left speaking of that, everyone eat? Belly's full?" She asked as she wanted to make sure everyone ate and was ready. Maybe she was worrying a bit to much.

Interacting: Ramirez, Percy, calixto Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil

Percival

“Cricket?” Percival asked, peeping out from between his horse and the land dragon. He had yet to be introduced to muddy fellow (Calixto) too.

Yonsisac Yonsisac Astrophil Astrophil Gwenymoo Gwenymoo MrMopp MrMopp

______

Callan
Hannah (npc)

“Don’t go givin’ him anythin’ dangerous.” Callan complained. He had a feeling magic was about to be involved somehow.

“Fearing the worst, as always I see.” Hannah picked up a small ornate casket, which she opened and held out to show Tobais. Inside were several pocket sized potion vials, in a variety of bright colours. Some even glowed and made tinkling noises.

“Go on sweetie, pick your favourite colour.” The wood elf encouraged.

Last edited:
Tobias stared at the pretty vials, the colours shimmering and glowing. He picked out a glowing blue one to admire. "what is it?" He asked Hannah curiously, perhaps a kind of alcohol?

Genii Genii

Callan
Hannah (npc)

“Ooh that’s a fun one.” Hannah smiled and put her little treasure box back. “A Puddle Potion - just pour it out if you have need of a puddle of water.”

Callan looked completely underwhelmed. He’d say as much, but he had a soft spot for the eccentric elf.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"sooooooooooooooooo its just water?" tobias tilted his head and gave the glowing vvial a wiggle. "what if ya drink it?"

Urzoth would prefer a plan, to begin with, but lacked one, so they said nothing. Thinking on a practical level they asked, “Is your plan to enter through an entrance? Or one of the pits between here and the wall?” That would decide whether the half-orc would go on their own or not. Then they scrutinized Rika, “How rested are you and the others? There is no need to rush, is there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back