• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"It does if he transforms inside.” Urzoth commented, then nodded along at his plan until “You’re sure you didn’t say you took care of the dragon? And let him assume? We have precedent for that; that harpy. We don’t always kill.” Just usually, if the creature was named. Sure it was because some things just can’t be killed, like the Leshen. “Yeah, I wouldn’t have expected a dragon to be able to track you that far. Especially not as a human and you flying. If he did it as a dragon, he’s definitely sneakier than I’d expect.

Interactions: Beryl (Guildhall)
Genii Genii

Now completely dry, Calixto was making his way back to the bar to continue with the job discussion. In addition, to find Arthy and to ensure he's staying out of trouble. Scratch that; there's a feeling in his gut that Arthagus already got into some mischief. Let's hope he's able to apologize without needless drama. That feeling was tugging him to the bar, so he allowed it to happen. He had a feeling Arthy would be there. As soon as he stepped into the room, he witnessed a sight. Settled on the shoulder of an orc was Arthy, the elated griffin. Cal hurries over to the orc, clearing his throat to gain her attention, "I deeply apologize. Arthy has a habit of shoulders and heads sitting." He locked eyes with the griffin, "Alright. Off her shoulders, troublemaker." Instead of obeying, the bird shuffles close to Beryl and presses itself against her neck. He'll fight to keep his post if he has to. Do you believe the bird had forgotten about that incident? He sure as feathers remember that all too clearly. Now his mind repeats that scene with no given mercy. He's doing it on purpose due to Calixto teasing him when he fell in that horrendous water. Payback is all too sweet. The Nephilim sighs, thinking of ways to lure the griffin down.

Tobias had made his way to the stables on his mini hunt, stupid tiny critters.... he stared spotting Thunder and sniffed her curiously. Getting sniffed back

Commenting on Pierres statement she smiled "I personally would prefer to know what i am getting in to but i see the excitement, now excuse me, i have to go get the map for us" Before she left she stopped Connor spoke up about joining the quest, i mean, Ana cannot say no especially with what she has heard of her abilities, and soon it showed itself as Suits of armor began walking out to do...something she was unable to see, they radiated of magic and just made her more confident that they are not trapped souls as meg Thought, well maybe. Excusing herself she walked her way towards Beryl and soon enough the announcement came....well shit.

Ana though the quest was already bad, now possible dangers during their travels? they had to be vigilant, and with Connor around and more numbers ana could safely say this would be a safe ride. Ana soon notice Cali and his sexy little fluff friend with beryl and from what she heard, seems the little guy wants to find new people to be with. And now seems the little guy, well NOW little guy was just taking close Beryl. Ana smirked and shook her head as this bird REALLY wanted some attention from everyone "Well Calixto, seems the little guy really likes Beryl now" she stated with her armed crossed and a smile, did not want to disturbed yet. While she was there she looked around...where was Percy? Only he was missing.

Interaction: Was speaking with Pierre, now with Berryl and Calixto Maxxob Maxxob Genii Genii Astrophil Astrophil
Action: G E T M A P

Meg nodded, unsure, but guessing that catalyst meant tool. She tried to keep her mind on point, as it wanted to wonder if he controlled water too or something else. Then he did magic. And her mind echoed with awe. She saw the familiar shine of magic, but it was so quick! And he made it from nothing. It’s not like he absorbed the moisture she could feel in the air, or even the little that remained in the table (from a spilled drink, she assumed.) And she’d never even thought to try ice. Her hand reached for the waterskin, wanting to see if she could at least freeze it when he regained her attention with the massive book. Did his have friends and family in it like Anat’s? Or some other secret? She wanted to know. Focusing back on his question, Meg shrugged. “This morning, I’d have said not much, maybe a keg’s worth at tops. But I definitely moved more on that hunt. I filled a pit in the mines. I don’t know how much that was, but gods it was hard. It's never been hard before. Still,” she smiled, “Impending death is a great motivator.

Cricket
Location: Guild Hall. Sitting on top of the “missing person” crews table.

Arthagus was taken aback by the sudden appearance of the dog person, and when it brought her nose towards him, the feline side of him had to resist swatting it away. Not to mention how loud and, well, hyper she was. He clicks his beak twice, a greeting of sorts to the other animal here. Still, they remained put until the dog person finished sniffing him. The griffin, bewildered by the sudden playing position Cricket was in, let out a confused chirp before leaping onto Cal's head. He stares at her, using his friend's head as a perch to see what she'll do next.
Crickets tails wagging stopped and her face fell as her fellow in fluff responded to the play invitation by climbing up his master to get away from her. “Oh.” She said, a little disappointed. She sat herself back down. “Okay.”
"We're going to the bathhouse. Get ourselves nice and cleaned up, then we can depart on a mission. Does that sound good to you?" A coo in agreement from Arthy,
Crickets ears shot up. “There’s a bathhouse here!?” She said excitedly. “I’m SO hitting that!”

Then her stomach gave growl so demanding it made her look down at it in alarm. “…Right. Food. Food first.” She amended obediently. “Splashy splash can wait. The belly hath spoken.”
Calixto turns his head to face Cricket. "Don't take his distancing to offense, Cricket. It did take a while for him to adjust to the loud noises of the bar. He never actually had the chance to socialize with other animals before."
“Eh.” She shrugged like it was no biggie. “I’ll work on ‘im.”

his arm under his belly, Arhty's feet dangling, but the bird-thing didn't appear to mind it. The griffin moves all four limbs to swing himself, tucking his wings close to his body to keep them safe from damage.

Cricket watched the two walk away for a moment before turning to her other new pack mates. “WELP, imma get some grub.” She said, and hopped down to scamper over to bar.

OH! Wait. She skidded to a stop. She needed to sign onto guild to get grub. Riiiiiight! She turned her head this way and that. “HEY COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE I SIGN UP! I REALLY NEED TO oh wait, I found it. NEVER MIND!” She ran over to the sign up table. Scamper scamper scamper scamper….

Five seconds later.

COULD SOMEONE GIMME A BOOST? IM FLIPP’N SHORT!”

(Good stopping point for now).

Last edited:

Alice Evergarden

Quiet as a mouse, Alice slipped out of her room. The white robed witch slowly shut the door, facing it. She took a deep breath as the latch clicked close. She reached up to her eye, made sure it was blemishless. Alas it was, just as her clothes were stainless. Smiling to nobody in particular, Alice began downstairs, adjusting her wide brim hat as she moved down the stairs.

The guild hall was busy as always. That was no surprise. Inquisitive eyes scanned the room, curious but not expecting anything to really grab Alice’s attention. Of course Balthazar was here, It was to be expected. She stopped for a moment, giving him a sideways glance as he conjured up an ice rose for a woman unfamiliar to Alice. The witch smiled slyly and focused on the rose. As she squinted the rose simply popped out of existence with an almost imperceptible buzz. Alice turned her gaze to the wizard and began to walk once more, leaving a gaze on the man for a moment before turning it back to her real target. The bar. Alice made her way to a stool and slipped atop it, sitting beside a few people enjoying their dinner. She recognized connor, but frankly she was much to exhausted to call out and make nice.

Instead Alice laid her head upon the bar, letting her large hat cover her face as she closed her eyes. If someone needed her, they would speak to her, most that knew her knew she wouldn’t be bothered. At her feet, tendrils of shadow danced and clung to the white robed witch, only really perceptible by those who really paid attention.

Interactions: Maxxob Maxxob (balthazar, though she also sat next to pierre) II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Lost Echo Lost Echo

(Sorry for the lousy post just need to get something out there)

Beryl (npc)

“Arthy is it.” Beryl merely leaned her head as the griffin snuggled against her neck. It was probably comfortable for the creature, seeing as the half-orc wore a fur skin shawl.

She regarded both Calixto and Anat, rookies presumably, because they weren’t avoiding her like most of the veterans did.

“Going to help clear this quest board?” Beryl asked, nodding her head back to the overflowing notice board.

Yonsisac Yonsisac Astrophil Astrophil

_______

Percival

“…… ok then.” Percival quietly said to himself as Tobias wandered off. “Odd fellow.“

The teen listened carefully to Beryl’s announcement, and although he wasn’t happy about her instructions, he would do as advised.

“Should we ready the horses? … and dragon.” Percival said as he approached Ramirez.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Callan

“Didn’t think o’ that.” The image of everyone getting flattened in the Guildhall came to Callan’s mind.

He shifted uncomfortably as Urzoth asked him what he’d reported to the quest contact. “I said ‘it’s done’… n’ then I asked for more money.” Knavish, but the guy was a Lord, he could afford it. He’d used the gold to buy food (practically a butchers shop) for Tobias, then he ditched the dragon and never returned.

“So, don’t go thinkin’ I’ve gone soft… m’just… lookin’ out fer m’self.” The Siren told Urzoth/himself, unfolding his arms and pushing away from the desk. “We done?”

Lost Echo Lost Echo

"Hm?" Ramirez came over to Percy as he was called, "yeah sounds like a good idea Percy...you look a lil puzzeled?"
-------
Tobias was now inspecting the other stable occupants, he grinned and fetched some fresh hay for those who needed a top up.

Genii Genii

Last edited:
Percival

“I just met a fireproof man looking for skulls...” Percival deadpanned.

“I suppose we might be camping tonight.” The teen said as he began the short walk towards the stable yard. “Will we be needing tents and beds?”

____

Samira nibbled at Ramirez’s cloak as he replenished her hay.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Percival

“I just met a fireproof man looking for skulls...” Percival deadpanned.

“I suppose we might be camping tonight.” The teen said as he began the short walk towards the stable yard. “Will we be needing tents and beds?”

____

Samira nibbled at Ramirez’s cloak as he replenished her hay.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
"A fire proof man? Eh wouldnt say thats too odd here." Ramirez laughed as he followed. "There is camping kit in the stable store house, they get checked regularly so should av a bed and tent, water...basic stuff in em."
-----
Tobias laughed as he was nibbled and tugged, "Aye easy der now."

Oli Beju Oli Beju
Guild Hall
Siwai watched as Rika went to talk to some other hunters. He finally huffed a sigh and turned towards the Infirmary's direction. "Healing time." He dashed there, not wanting to waste any more time.
Though he stopped upon hearing Beryl's announcement. "What, no way..." Siwai protested under his breath, he knew better than to openly defy Beryl. "What about my patrols?! I always go out alone."

Genii Genii
 Infirmary
Siwai finally made it downstairs into the Infirmary. He blinked in shock at the sight of Morgana and Pestle. The hairs on the back of his neck bristled. Something was wrong with that person, she gave him unnatural vibes and Siwai didn't like it.

Morgana turned, hearing the sounds of someone descending the stairs. She gasped, that being there, was a magnificent specimen of hybridism in action. A wide grin spread across her mouth, and she breathed heavily.
Pestle watched his owner, and knew that look. He knew she would be interested in Siwai, and maybe one day he'd have a companion in undeath.
"Greetings fellow hunter!" Morgana began, hurriedly abandoning her Leshen project and rushing to measure and inspect Siwai. Siwai stepped back, seeing the measuring line Morgana had brought out. "Uh...whoah. I'm just down here for healing..." Siwai craned his head to search the Infirmary for the half elf healer. "Hannah?!" His voice squeaked in slight panic as Morgana cornered him and was in the process of measuring Siwai's cranium.

Interactions: Beryl mostly, eyeing Calixto/Arti
Genii Genii Astrophil Astrophil

"Yes captain" Ana croplaimed " We have alredy assembled a formidable parting party, taking your warning rather seriusly I say. Me,Percy,Pierre,cricket,Ramirez and connor are departing to Darby for the missing men. I came here to ask for the map since stan is not here, so we can begin our departure as early as possible and rendezvous with Mary" Ana said in a clear and straight tone wishing not to cut the time if the busy guild master, her training and previous experiance was honed her well to others of, I guess you can say, higher rank. Sure she was not in service for to long unlike others but habits stuck really well. "As far I can inform, connor seemed to have prepared a wagon for us, so the 1 day walk might be instead cut in half, unsure, but even still camping will be required and the horses to rest and eat" Ana added remembering Connors suots of armor walking out and seeing the outline of a wooden wagon as they seem to prepared it. 3 females are going and 2 males, made her think what the hell is happening to the men, but, Ana was slightly glad that there were more females, wishing the same not to happen to male guildmates, well whatever is happening. But they could easily keep a eye out especially with connor and her suits of spook."sorry to ask guildmaster, but do you have any information regarding Darby besides the written?" Ana asked lastly wishing to know if the great Half ork has some information she did not know, anything, maybe even the size or such. Mary might be there source of information but she still wonder if more was known.

Ana's eyes sometimes drifted for a split second towards Calixto and his handsome companion....after this quest, she really wants to see Arty a bit closer and write down some information. And ask calixto more of of the cute guy...seems arty got his beauty from some one that's for sure. She actually felt a bit jelouse, she never got the chance to see a griffin so close in her studies and NOW there is this cute magical one or something! Taunting her...

Last edited:
Balthazar
Interactions: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo
Reactions: Alice Firelie Firelie

The old magus was going to continue, but he noticed the disappearance of the rose. While it would melt down eventually, he didn’t know it was going to happen so quickly. That would have been his assessment, if he hadn’t noticed the disturbance of the surrounding energies. Tracking its source, he quickly saw that it had been the white-hatted mage, Alice, who was the culprit. Balthazar looked at her, his face trying to translate that he was a bit impressed by her meddling, but found not a problem with it. It would even been a further teaching moment to Meg, that was by his side - “See how the ice disappeared? Its connection to this plane was severed” - the old man explained, looking at the blond-haired girl - “But going back to the information you just gave me, yes. A situation where death is impeding is usually what gives someone the focus to control the flow of magic to its highest degree. To be a proficient mage is to put yourself in that mindset at a moment's notice, increasing your focus and augmenting the manipulation” - he continued, pushing the tome towards the girl.

The page, at first, had only symbols and drawing, not looking like anything in particular. But, a few moments later, they began to rearrange and change on the parchment. If Meg looked closely at it, her mind would perceive the notions written there, not in words, but something that could be understood directly, without interpretation - “Here you have the most basic idea of how to control the flow of magic to do your bidding, regardless of what you are trying to conjure, cast, make it into reality. Albeit, depending on what you are aiming for, a fireball, a wall of ice, bring a tree under your command, there are a few differences. Each matter has its own pattern of forces, so to speak” - he stopped after the initial explanation, to peer upon her face and see if he could identify any doubts on her expression. “With that being said, I would like to take you under my wing as an apprentice. I would hate to see your magical potential being wasted, be it without proper guidance or under someone with… orthodox practices” - concluding, Balthazar smiled, readjusting his glasses and waiting to see either her answer or reaction.

Urzoth snorted, the lord probably deserved it. They might know how to pander to the nobility, but they often considered them no more than a mindless brute. As if orcs didn’t have more history than they did. They rolled their eyes at Callan’s insistent ‘no one can touch me,' not caring.

But before he could go, “He needs to tell Beryl he’s a dragon.” They waved away his concerns/fear of the fellow half-orc, “Leave out the extra details, she has enough to deal with lately that she won’t push. But if there’s a way he can involuntarily transform, she needs to know it.” They looked at him seriously, “I’d like to as well. If you want me to tell her, I can.” Beryl was their link to their tribe. They had no fear of her and in fact, found her briskness to be refreshing. “And I’m glad he came.” They didn’t verbalize the 'he’s good for you,' but it echoed all the same.

Meg saw the sheen of magic flash over the ice rose and then it was gone. She looked back up at Balthazar, seeing his face make a strange expression at someone behind her, but did not catch more than a white hat and dress from behind. “Wait, that can only be done to things that are made by magic right?” It was so sudden, so easy. The fear of someone doing that to anything else, let alone something living was intense. She figured she might be able to constantly keep up that I’m going to die, terror, if it was true.

Then he turned the book to her. She tried to push the fear out of her mind, knowing she would have to focus on the words, but as she stared at the symbols, it suddenly just made sense. Reading, while loved, had never been easy before. Did it make sense because she was already doing that? At least with water? She thought she knew its pattern to conjure it, but hesitated after he stopped to stare at her. Unsure of what he wanted to see, it was a relief when he continued. “Wait, you?” Surprise colored her voice, “And me?” She shook her head, not willing to risk losing the opportunity, “Yes. I want to learn anything you’ll teach me.” She didn’t know what the orthodox practices were, but she’d also learn from them if she got a chance. Anyone to teach her.

Last edited:
Hannah
Infirmary

“Hello Siwai.” Hannah greeted and chuckled as Morgana pestered the poor boy. “I see you’ve met Morgana. She is new to the guild… along with little Pestle here.” The wood elf gave the undead snake’s head a light tap - wouldn’t want to heal him by accident.

“Are you alright? I wasn’t expecting you to be back so soon?” Hannah asked.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

_________

Callan
Urzoth’s Room

Callan agreed. Letting Beryl know Toby was a shifter couldn’t hurt. “… s’pose yer right. Worse she’d do is kick him out. Barely know the bloke. S’not like I’d miss him.” The Siren shrugged.

“He did mention something about changing when he’s angry.” Callan remembered Tobias mention that strong emotions caused him issues.

“I should tell her. It’s not your problem.” Still, he gave Urzoth a quick smile for the offer.

“I need a drink first. You comin’?” Callan said as he opened the door to leave.

Lost Echo Lost Echo

________

Percival
Yard

“Something I’m still getting used to.” The guild was chockfull of surprises and interesting people.

“That’s perfect. Samira should be able to carry a few things.” Especially since Percy was leaving his armour behind.

Samira stopped tugging on the cloak and pushed snout into Tobias chest for some attention. She was a pampered horse, and wasn’t used to being left by herself for too long.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

________

Beryl
Her office

Beryl was still wary about that particular quest, but it was far away from Silverfrond at least.

“Hm… follow me.” The guild master gestured for Anat and Calixto to follow her back to her office. She couldn’t have disliked Arthy’s presence that much, as she didn’t tell the creature to get down.

“Connor and Ramirez will look after you, I’m sure.” Beryl didn’t recognise any of the other names. It took a while for hunters to leave an impression on the woman - usually by hearing about their accomplishments out in the field, or if she had to scold them for whatever reason.

“I don’t know much about the quest, but I’ve been to Darby. It’s built around an old fort that sits on top of a big hill. It stands out for miles. Ah, here we are.” Beryl tugged a scroll of parchment off her desk and handed it to Anat. It was a hand drawn map showing the area west of Colby, with a few roads, place names and landmarks marked upon it.

Last edited:
Urzoth ignored the bullshit. It was probably why they got along so well with him. They frowned, at least the kid didn’t seem the type to get angry. Shaking their head, they answered, “Little gods, yes.” And followed Callan out of their room. “I might even look for another quest to take tomorrow.” They tried to do a quest a day unless they were injured.

An old fort? On a hill? By the great stag, talking about a advantages position. But besides the point, Beryl did not know herself either what they are getting in to but atleats she knows how it looked. But yea it was a blind jump and hope for the best. Ana looked at the map and notice how it should be a straight forward path, besides a few detours just in case and locations, getting lost was impossible and they had places they could set up tent and take a break from travel. With a nod "thank you guildmaster, it's a bit worrying we are basically jumping in blind but, I have a feeling with Connor and Ramirez we should be alright. And opposite from silverfrod, I doubt any hindrance will come. I will make sure to document the whole expeditions an quest alike....I find it odd...and I feel documentation is necessary " Ana stated and slightly bow to the guildmaste. "We will report our findings....I can send a messanger bird if necessary, to keep you up to date" she said all the while staring at Arty...

Interaction: Beryl Genii Genii and Sexy bird

Tobias fused the horse, petting and brushing her mane, "Pretty lil un arnt ya, never seen a fuzzy land dragon before...and ya on all fours too."

Beryl (npc)
Her office

“The hunt summaries are always quite vague. You’ll get used to it.” Beryl responded with a toothy smile. “I’ll keep a look out for any messages.”

“Best of luck, and keep your wits about you.” The guild master added.

________

Callan
Guildhall bar

“Might join yer if I’m not too hungover.” Callan led the way through the corridors and back down to the guildhall.

The hall had filled with more hunters as they returned from various quests. Whoever hadn’t been present for Beryl’s announcement we’re picking up the memo from friends or the not by the quest board.

Lost Echo Lost Echo

Percival
Stables

“Oh, hello again.” Percival greeted Tobias as he caught the man giving Samira some attention.

The Horse made plenty of nonsensical noises, who knows what they meant.

“This is the gentleman I mentioned a moment ago.” Percival said, looking from Tobais to Ramirez. “Tobias, I think it was.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Ana smiled and bowed slightly and looked over at calixto "Sorry to be rude, but when i come back, if you have the time, you and i have to talk a bit. It's in regard of Arthy, take care" She said quickly as she departed as there was no time to waste, as she walked over out from the office and towards the table but notice the dogfolk cricket having some issues with paper's she seem a bit to short...she was just around maybe 2 Feet in height. With a smile as she tried, she walked over to the little dogfolk "Up we go!" She said as her hands went under her arms and lifted her up so she may reach the papers, knowing how she has been acting and how close she has been getting in peoples way. Ana was sure she won't mind being picked up for a sec plus it was to help her. "Alright cricket remember we are leaving soon....I mean you can eat on the way if you don't mind." Ana smiled...now a bit worried, she was small and really energetic, she might need to keep an eye on her, especially in such a quest that is a mystery to even the Guildmaster herself...She had a idea to maybe keeper entertained and watched over...Maybe Spike and her will get along very well.

Ana looked over the table were they were, seeing most are there, percy is gone maybe preparing. Ana could not get off her mind what might happen in this quest, seems no struggle, no fight, just vanish. Gods bless them all.

Interaction: Was with Beryl and Calixto Astrophil Astrophil , now Helping Cricket MrMopp MrMopp

Tobias looked over then pointed at Ramirez as if he'd seen a ghost, ramirez pretty much doing the same thing as both shouted a babble of words at each other.

Percival

Percival awkwardly watched the exchange between the two men. He wasn’t sure if they’re were about to kill one another… or embrace.

“You’ve met before, I take it?” Percy politely added his voice to the theirs.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Balthazar
Interactions: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

“Oh yes, only things created with magic can disappear like that, from one moment to the next” - with a gentle face, and a kind voice, what the man had said was not entirely true. There were ways to erase a being from existence, but he would rather not to approach the topic at that moment. That she would be told with time - “Excellent. Well, since there is still daylight, what do you think to start practicing right now? If you are well rested, of course” - he asked the girl, already wanting to get started with the training - “If you agree, we better move to the sparring area. I think the guild mistress wouldn’t be happy if we practiced in the bar” - he chuckled lightly at the idea.

Percival

Percival awkwardly watched the exchange between the two men. He wasn’t sure if they’re were about to kill one another… or embrace.

“You’ve met before, I take it?” Percy politely added his voice to the theirs.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
"I THOUGHT HE'D DIED!!!" They both shouted at the same time to Percy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back