• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Interactions: Open

As Calixto was checking out the place to see if he would enjoy being a member of the guild. He took a peek into each empty room-wanting to know the living conditions. So far, this building felt homey and reminded the young man of his hometown. It was nostalgic, and Calixto felt a warm feeling in his heart. "Okay, who lost their bed warmer?" A feminine voice interrupted his trip down memory lane. Cal bites his lips turning around to face whoever was talking to him, "I'm not a harlot of any ki-" His words cease midway, his two-colored eyes locked on the beautiful woman in front of him. His eyes quickly scan her up and down, a passionate smile appearing on his face, "-well, hello." "Oh, Gods, no." Godefroi immediately interrupted his words, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Flirt with me again. I'll punch you in the throat." Now her light blue eyes radiate annoyance, and Calixto couldn't stop smiling. "What's the matter, Sunshine? Not used to such attention?" He steps toward her with his arms outstretched, "I'll give it to you." Her face drops, holding back the urge to barf at this moment. When he was close enough, Godefroi gave a light slap on the back of his head, then picked him up and placed him on her shoulder. Carrying him lack a sack before heading to the tavern.

"Hey, put me down! It's uncomfortable!" He says while wiggling in her grip, trying to break free from this awkward position. "This is your blasted punishment for making me ill to my guts and soul, you shameless harlot!" She shouted, but her tone wasn't hostile. Playful. More like it. Entering the bar, then shouted at the top of her lungs, "DID ANYONE LOSE THEIR BEDWARMMER!!! I FOUND YOUR LOST COMPANION WANDERING THE HALLS!!!" When she hollered that, Calixto's face turned a bright red, "I'M NOT A HIRED BODY LIKE THAT, DAMN IT!" Godefroi drops him carelessly, placing both hands on her hips. Watching him get back onto his feet, checking out his face and she huffs. "Oh, then why are you here, Pretty-Boy?" Calixto dusts himself off, muttering unintelligible words to himself. "I'm here to apply. I want to become a hunter." With those words, the two stood in awkward silence until Godefroi began to laugh. Hard. She laughed so hard she had her hands on her stomach, falling to her knees, and her laughter became hoarse.

---

Interactions: Anat, Percy, Meg, Connor, and Ramirez (Guildhall)

Yonsisac Yonsisac Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Arthagus was basking in this newfound attention, outstretching his tiny wings into a pose. If ego absorption is one of his powers, Arthagus would be the master at it. Hearing a meek voice say hello, his blue eyes turned to them, eyes full of warmth. He positions himself for another trick: rising on his haunches, then lifting one paw in an attempt to wave. His beaks spread open to let out happy chirps like that of a happy owl. Arthagus' tail quiver, expressing his happiness. He drops back to his four paws, taking notice of a finger approaching him. He gently nibbles her finger before brushing his cheek against it. Oh, yes. He's living like a king at the moment.

His attentiveness turned to the new commotion within the room, seeing Calixto and some stranger bickering with each other. Hmm, should he go over there to assist him? He sits there for a bit before shrugging his shoulders, not wanting to leave the spotlight yet. When another one approaches, he lets out a chirp in greetings. Ignoring his master that's in distress-he'll aid him once done. Arthagus ruffled his feathers, his size increasing again. Now the same height as a miniature horse.

Last edited:
Meg’s heart hurt with how cute this little one was. She watched him nibble on Anat’s finger, without drawing blood before tentatively reaching up and petting the feathers on the side of his neck. “You’re a sweet one aren’t you?” She began to scratch in between the feathers, amazed at the feel of them.

Meg jumped at the sudden intrusion, looking up at Connor in surprise. “Uh…what?” Why she should want to know what the halfbreed had been doing made no sense…so it must be ah, the guild itself--so the failure, “Um, a-a wizard teleported a group of people in suddenly. They were fleeing a terrible battle in a town. Evidently, it was overrun. I don’t know what their original quest was, but…” She shrugged as if to say, they failed regardless. “They said the whole town was likely lost.

Barry (npc)

“Best watch yer’selves. Beryl catches you rough-housing in ‘ere there’ll be hell ter pay.” Barry grumbled as he stopped to look up at Godefroi and the stranger.

“He a friend of yours?” He asked the laughing Hunter, referring to Calixto.

Astrophil Astrophil
________

Percival

Percival went quiet as the armoured individual approached and placed their hands on the table. He had no clue who they were, but suspected them to be an acquaintance of Meg’s.

“What!?” He asked in alarm as Meg answered the Knight’s question. A whole town was lost? “Which town? Overrun by what?”

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Pierre
Interactions: Connor II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II / Meg's group

Their time together was pretty unique. The intensity, the desire, the passion… simply too much to quantify. The man had a peaceful expression on his face, returning the attention that the emerald-eyed woman was giving him. He felt, at the very least, intoxicated by her. Something in him resonated with her, and Pierre could double-check it as soon as she kissed him. He retribution, tasting her lips once more before hearing her stomach’s complaint. He smiled, lightheartedly, seeing that such a strong woman could also be perceived as cute to him - “I won’t deny, I also need to eat at least something.” The man only had alcohol for sustenance during that day and greatly missed anything of substance. If he remembered, room and board were included in the guild’s contract, so he would certainly make full use of the place amenities - “I wouldn’t miss a chance to be in your company.” - the man gave Connor one last look, a genuine smile on his lips that even left his cheeks slightly reddish. In the next moment, she was gone and a small, feeling of emptiness sprouted in him.

Getting up from the bed, he dressed himself, being careful as to properly fix his clothes as perfectly as they were before. The last item he put on was his hat, one more time. He ran his fingers along the black feathers on top of it, to make sure they look as luxurious as possible, spreading to their maximum width. When he was content, the put on top of his head once more and exited the golden-haired woman’s room. The experience he had left him wanting for more, how could he not? But what about Connor? Was it a one-time encounter to her? What did she look forward to about them, if anything at all? Questions, to which he didn’t have an answer. And, what happened next, would be totally up to her. With those thoughts permeating his mind, he walked throughout the bedroom halls. So lost was Pierre in his own mind that he almost bumped into someone. It was an elderly gentleman, with colorful, flamboyant robes.

Making a detour around him, the leather-clad foreigner keep walking, going down the stairs and finally reaching the Guild Hall Bar. But… something was amiss. Something strange, the atmosphere was much different from when he had left the bar to Percival’s room. He wondered what could have been the cause of such shift. Looking around the room, the teenager noble, Percival, along with others he had met, albeit briefly, the girl from the bathhouse, Meg. The friend, which she waited for before leaving the place. Not only that, Connor was also present, so the man decided to approach the group, in time to heard Meg’s answer about a question that was made - “Mmmmm.. A whole town lost. Does anyone know what the guild mistress is planning in this regard? Is a bigger party going to be dispatched?” - the former-guard left the question open to the group, seeing if one of them would answer him.

Meg jumped at Percival’s exclamation. “I don’t know.” She answered both men. They hadn’t named a town, and who was she to question the guild master? This was still her first day. “The wizard” He had given her and Anat a name, but as she was still recovering from the blinding light, she had no idea what it was, “said at least 9 or 10, but even then...” She shrugged, not sure what else to tell them. “If we can find him, we can ask for more details. With what he's wearing, he stands out a lot. There were others who returned--evidently we didn’t lose anyone, but they were more…upset.” At least the bird thing was. She remembered him crying. A monster crying. Her eyes flicked to the griffin, preening for pets like a well-loved dog. How could what her eyes see be true? Were they all exceptions like her? Not bad just not human enough?

Percival

This sounded serious, but at least the quest party were ok. Percival still wasn’t sure if the town was being attacked by monsters or men, but that didn’t really matter - if whole towns being laid to waste…

“We should ride there at once.” The teen said, struggling to climb out from the bench in Ramirez’s oversized trousers. “I’ll go get my sword…”

Ana watched as the woman Meg mention, Connor, she seem to have been off the grid what seems a good while. She kept silent wishing not to interrupt but at the same time keeping patient. Her hand began to pet the Small...now she was right, this was not some normal Griffin....as it grew she was slightly taken aback, what type of griffin was this? Using both hands she began to scratch beneath his neck "You a handsome big guy are you?....what are you?" She asked silently to herself as...this was a specie she has never see, this was something far unique. But who was the owner. she saw him looking at some specific direction and it looking at someone, do to the many people she could not pinpoint who it was....maybe later this little critter would miss its owner and she could follow.

But now as she stilled scratch the beautiful handsome of a beauty, she decided to put more attention to the matter realizing that Percy wanted to go NOW towards that. "Hey Hey! Percy hold on, we cant jump in like this without knowing, we have to gather information we can and tell Beryl. I understand and i would like to help as well but, jumping in blind will only cause our. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gain you will also suffer a defeat. And last thing we want is losing more poor souls" Looking at the rest and at connor she told her "No, i only heard the severe damage done and only some survivors" she looked at the rest and at connor, and thought, maybe they all could go and take on maybe a sort of rescue plan or investigation what was left. Going in blind was to dangerous. But maybe a bigger group would be efficient and could take on the boots the last one left, but best speak to beryl.

Lost Echo Lost Echo Genii Genii Maxxob Maxxob Astrophil Astrophil Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Or no, this little guy was just an animal. Just like Thunder. A pet not unlike the stray the butcher’s boy fed on the regular. Just happy to get care and love. She gasped when it got larger--how big could it get? Was this table going to be able to hold it?

Then Percival tripped over his clothes trying to get out. Meg froze. She didn’t want to go. It was awful that the town was destroyed--even that the other one was now man-less (which Meg felt would be fine for a long while, unless it got the taste of children) was sad, but Meg could move water! She knew how to reverse pickpocket. And how to make a coin reappear behind someone’s ear. She didn’t even have her stick anymore! She would be just another townfolk desperately fighting for her life, not saving anyone. It was pure dumb luck the Shale mar slipped in her oversized puddle. It was a wake-up call that she couldn’t just learn on the job--even if that’s apparently what they usually did, no wonder they had a spell to bring people back to life, otherwise they wouldn’t have any left to become veterans.

Meg decided to say nothing else unless spoken to. Maybe they’d forget about her. Instead, she focused on the little guy. His head looked like a bird, and he had wings. But he also had fur, she could reach now that he’d grown. In a whisper, she asked him “Are you friends with everyone or do you have a special friend?” She hated using the term owner for animals’ caretakers. It only fit if the person was awful.

Balthazar

The sound of the wooden staff hitting the floorboards echoed throughout the bedroom’s hallways. Along with his movement, the old man trying to organize his thoughts. One could say that they were his own private quests, that he had to attend to, sooner or later. In his mind, they were as follows: a) Returning to the town of Silverfrond. The damned city, filled with the brim with goblins and daemons. While the mage was indifferent towards the green vermin, he did care about putrid and blasphemous energies he witnessed it. Surely, there must be a way for him to harness it. Who knows how useful it could be? Maybe… maybe it could even help the white-hatted girl, in some sense;

b) Alice. What he had seen in her bedroom wasn’t that clear to him, but it appeared the girl may have treated the same steps as the old magus did. If she did so, she had fallen from the tightrope, not being able to keep her balance. A tightrope hoisted in a deep chasm… so deep that its end can’t be seen. Balthazar was still on the tightrope, traversing it. The riches that could be found on the other side were too valuable to him to pass on them. He had to help her, regardless of her wishes…. Even if only to know how to help himself, if he ever fell from it.

c) Anat’s grimoire. The curious book tickled his curiosity bone way more than he would like to admit it. What was it? What was written on those pages? Why did the feel such unrecognizable force from it? He did not know. But there was merit in learning about it. Oh yes, maybe even something that he could use. Who said that an old dog can’t learn new tricks couldn’t be more wrong. Not only that, but the woman seemed pretty open as to let him inspect the tome. The tome… didn’t Alice have one too? Two tomes, one of which its owner would freely let the old magus inspect it, the other who kept it like its most prized possession, not worthy of other’s gazes.

d) Meg. The young potential the girl brimmed with could be expanded. What she could achieve with formal, proper training was still unknown. The old wizard had quite a bit of experience in teaching and sharing his knowledge. Maybe one of the few who wouldn’t pass-down the rigidity of orthodoxy of formal magic teaching. Creativity was a powerful engine, maybe one of the most important when shaping the mysterious forces to one’s bidding.

“So much to do, so little time…” - the man mumbled to himself, looking at the ceiling. Opening and closing his mouth a few times, he felt it dry. Way too dry to be exact, and wanted to wet his whistle. Maybe some really soft mead, with honey. That would be perfect to perch his thirst. Heck, maybe that would be even enough to recover the man fully. Making his way downstairs, the man organize his objectives in order - “Well… a) is out of the question right now. I assume Beryl will contact the king, which may or may not send out the army to restore chaos. If that happens, while the green pests are busy fighting the soldiers, I will take what is mine. I wonder if the guild mistress would be open to share information about it…”

With each step in the stairwell, his thoughts evolved, more and more - “Alice must still be on her guard about our conversation. It would be a bad idea to try and deepen myself in b) at the moment, which leaves me c) and d) for now. Aghh… why didn’t I specialize in illusionism?! It would be a piece of cake to invade her room and seek whatever answers are present in there.” - Balthazar reached the bar counter, without much hassle, sitting in one of the bar stool's and waiting for Barry to return. He wondered: where did the dwarf disappear to?

Last edited:
Interactions: Barry (Guildhall)

Godefroi huffs, pointing her thumb in Calixto's direction. "I don't know this man. You already know I hate people that don't offer me drinks, Barry." Jestering alongside the bartender, then shoves Calixto a little to be closer to Barry. "Pretty-Face want to join the Hunters Guild. Isn't that right?" Calixto glares daggers in Godefroi's direction for a split second before bringing his eyes to Barry. "That's right. I may not look like it, but I'm a very adept healer. I can be useful. So can my griffin."

Barry (npc)

“… right.” Barry didn’t sound impressed, but then again, he never did. “Follow me then, Miss.” The dwarf said to ‘Pretty Face’ as he crossed the hall to get to their make-shift signup table.

The table had a few open scrolls - guild contracts, as well as some quills and a pot of blood-red ink. “Pick one n’ sign yer name.” Barry instructed, with no enthusiasm whatsoever.

Astrophil Astrophil

______

Percival

Percival stopped, but looked frustrated all the same. Maybe his mentor was to blame for his valiant mentality. Sir Henry wouldn’t have hesitated to help anyone… although, maybe he’d still be here today if that wasn’t the case.

“… please excuse me.” The teen bowed to the group before leaving for the dormitories. In his haste he happened to leave behind Ramirez’s monster journal.

Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Callan

“… ‘ang on, ‘ang on!” Callan called a time out. “… bloody splinter.” He grumbled, trying to prize said splinter out, which would be a challenge to do sober, never mind bevvied. “… [muttered colourful curses].”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Meg turned to look at the group after Percival’s departure. “He isn’t going to sneak out and try to take on whatever’s in that village, right?” Why couldn’t she sound more confident about that? Herne, why couldn’t she feel more confident about it? “Right,” Maybe she could ask Samira not to take him alone. She seemed to like her rider enough to save him.

Oh!” In her peripheral, she caught sight of the glint of the wizard. “Well, that’s him.” She pointed. “The guy with the stars. He’s probably the best person to ask about what happened in the town.” And maybe he could recommend a teacher in magic for her. Especially if he actually thought she had potential. Still, she stayed seated. Someone had to keep the griffin company, and to be honest, if she wasn’t going to go, what good would the gory details do her? Keep her up tonight so she’d be able to catch Percival?

Interactions: Barry (Guildhall)

Genii Genii

Calixto's eyes scan the contract while reviewing the terms written on the sheet of paper. Meanwhile, Godefroi turns her attention to Barry, perking a brow with a cheeky smile on her face, "My. It seems that Pretty-Face outshines most of the women here. Honestly," stifling her laughter, "we could enroll him in a beauty pageant. Win first place too using him." Cal pauses his reading, narrowing his eyes in Godefroi's direction, "Why? Did your looks turn the judges to stone?" Retorting back, but Godefroi wasn't upset. That woman's icy blue eyes shine with mischief, acting like a big sibling to the younger ones. She shakes her head, "They didn't turn to stone, I'm afraid. Though," tapping a finger on her chin, "I wouldn't mind seeing it." Calixto huffs, "Let me rewind. Why would they ever enlist you into a contest at the start? You have good looks," his eyes looking her up and down, "for a boar." Ending his words, still, the woman wasn't offended. Godefroi was chuckling, giving Barry an excited stare. "You see this, Barry? So much spark, but I'm curious to see if the flames will last or", her smile only grew, "smother." Cal's throat grew tight at her words, his teeth grinding together. "Have you always been such an ass?" "To the Rookies, but it's harsh teaching. Out in the big wide world," she steps towards him and places a hand on his right shoulder, "they're many things that would try to exploit your weakness for an easy chance to kill you. Keep a cool head, laugh it off." She examines his features more, a hum in her throat. Cal briefly cast a stare at Arthagus, silently wishing for aid. "I'm impressed," removing her hand, her face growing serious, "you have the fire, but you're holding so much back. Joining this guild means facing danger that requires your all." Cal shuffles at her words, avoiding eye contact with her. He sighs before turning to the contract, signing his and Arthagus's name at the bottom. "I know the risk. I'm trying to improve myself and provide a better life for my friend."

---

Interactions: Meg, Ana, and Percy (Guildhall)

Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac Genii Genii

Arthagus was sitting there quietly while overhearing some conversation about a town disappearing. Indeed, this made the griffin curious about whatever they were discussing. He cranes his neck to the person talking, wanting to read their expressions. He lifted his hindleg to scratch his side, appearing oddly calm while everyone else was worried. Missing people? Like, no trace left behind. No evidence. Just...poof? Arthy high-pitched sneeze, shaking his head before setting his sights back on the person currently conversing. His purr was intense now that he was much larger than before. Beginning to outstretch his neck at the double scratches the other woman was offering. When the young man got up and left, his purring ceased, and he tilted his head in curiosity. Isn't he concerned that he'll disappear too? His eyes shifted down to the table, thinking about the entire disappearing event. All of this was one huge mystery waiting to be solved. Without thinking much further, his legs moved him in Meg's direction. He makes himself the size of an average cat and gets comfortable on her lap. She appeared timid after the whole event and wants to try his best to cheer her up.

And would you look at that, the little guy agreed with her! In fact, he got even littler and curled up in her lap, trapping her in place. “You little mind reader!” She whispered with a laugh, scratching where feathers met fur. For a moment, she worried he actually could read minds, but Meg had always trusted animals completely. Besides, it’s not like he could tell anyone. Now, if anyone asks her to follow them to the bar to meet with the wizard, she had the best reason not to move. “Thank you.” She smiled down at the beast.

Barry (npc)

Barry took the signed contract and placed it into a box with many others. “I’ll leave yer to it.” He muttered to the squabbling pair as he returned to his post behind the bar.

The Dwarf made his way towards Balthazar and greeted him with a quick nod. “What can I get yer?”

Astrophil Astrophil Maxxob Maxxob

“SCUSE ME! Pardon me! Coming though! Heya! Howdy-howdy-hi-hi! DOWN HERE, PEEPS! Hey, nice boots. MAKE WAY!”

People flinched and stared as a noisy backpack on legs trotted purposefully past them through the door and into the guild hall. But these looks went unheeded by the little, furry creature that was Cricket Swatfly. She was just happy to be here, navigating her way though the moving forest of legs with practiced ease, eyes wide, neck stretched, ears perked high, tail wagging and panting excitedly with her mouth stretched into a smile as she twitched her nose and jerked her head this way and that, reading the room with all her senses.

Gritty wooden floor on her pads.
Sweat.
Clanging armor.
Testosterone.
Tangy blood residue
Steel.
Little magic tingles from some spell flingers.
Booze.
Food.

COD, Cricket loved this place already! It was such a picture of an adventurers bar! And She loved it even more when a human woman came hauling a human man over her shoulders and asking who was missing their “bed warmer”. Hee-hee-hee.

Ok, Cricket thought. I’m here. Now what? She knew why she was here. She was here to get herself a job. An EXCITING job. An ADVENTURE. Sure, she could go around kicking bears in the nuts for shits and giggles or go find dragons to tell that their mothers were fat geckos any day, I mean been there done that, but the longer she roamed, the more she found herself craving something more…. romantic I guess. She wanted to dance with danger in a way that was worthy of retelling this time. With a purpose to it. Just like her favorite adventure heroes! And if those books had taught her anything, it’s that it starts with going into the roughest, toughest bar in town, getting a tip from the bartender, and hooking up with a pack of edgy misfits to do the daring deeds with….! “Hunters Inn”? How rough and tough is that? So check. And look at aaaaaaaall these misfits! You could SMELL the adventure party on em! Also, horse. And… bird? Why was she smelling so much bird? Was there a pillow fight here? Weird. Anyway, check. Now she needed to get some chow, get a heading or whatever, and make some friends, and she was gonna do GREAT at making friends! But where to start…

Crickets stomach growled.

Oif. Food. Definitely food.

Cricket padded over to the bar, giving the legs of the hunters there a quick sniff and ignoring the startled “Hey-!”s and “What the-”’s and “ExCUSE me!”s she got down the line (flat nosers were really weird about this for some reason. You should see what happens when you try to sniff their butts). After getting the scoop, she found an unoccupied stool, wrestled out of her backpack straps, plopped it to the floor, and then standing on it to get a boost, hunkered down and sprung up onto the stool. Once settled safely on the seat, she sat on her rump do scratch an impromptu itch with her hind foot, then stood up and planted her paws on the counter to peek over it. Where was the bar man?

EXCUSE ME! FOOD PLEASE!” She hollered after a moment, raising her paw like a child and looking around to see if someone in charge was nearby. “I DUNNO WHATCHA GOT HERE, BUT IIIIIIIIIIII WANT IT”.

Last edited:
The guild hall was slowly manifesting itself into a grounds of promenade pursuant the cacophony that had beset the bathhouse before RIka’s departure. Siwai had agreed to see Hannah, but seeing her was adjunct to filling his stomach; all an understandable precursor to a good evening’s rest.

~​

Rika led the way to the guild hall and went to grab some food from the mess hall area, then made headway toward a nice seating area, a bit nearer the rear, so as to avoid some of the more clangorous company. Boisterous as they were, they were good for a watch, and this vantage was particularly entertaining. A litany of new faces, including one such small griffin sitting at the table near Ramirez, Meg, and a few of their friends, the woman that was with her in the bathhouse, and the boy with the shiny armor and a certain distance away... a talking dog. Speaking of, the Lothario of a man, Pierre, and Connor had made their way to the group, apparently being appraised as to the guild’s most recent failed venture. Trying to detract from the nearby discussion, Rika spoke (assuming that Siwai is still in company) “I brought Collin some new herbs today, I wonder if he’s had yet a chance to use them…” Her pondering were soon cut off by the sight of the boy of the fancy armor, hurriedly making his way to the dormitories. She watched him as he left, and then turned to Siwai. “Quite the fuss with all the new arrivals. At this point they’ll pick the quest board dry. I’ll be taking to my room once we’ve finished, and you swear you’ll go to see Hannah, correct?” She smirked at the hybrid with a raised brow. Truthful as he was, his jejune approach to common sense concerned Rika at times, and she wasn’t going to let him neglect his health on the grounds of heroic activism.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Percival
👀

On route for the stairs, Percival’s attention was caught by the shouting dog at the bar. It was wearing clothes too, which gave him the impression that they were no ordinary dog.

His pace slowed as he curiously stared at the odd critter.

MrMopp MrMopp

Last edited:
Balthazar
Interactions: Barry Genii Genii / Cricket MrMopp MrMopp

“One very light mead. Honeyed, if it is available” - the old man told Barry, the barman. His throat was awfully dry, and he needed something to hydrate it, pronto. And then someone shouted not too far from him, demand food, whatever it may be. Looking to his side, Balthazar tried to identify the source of the loud voice, and it was dog. A talking one at that. The old man analyzed the creature with great curiosity - “In all my years around, I’ve never seen anything remotely like you.” He studied her, looking at her from head to hind-foot - “I mean, one that talks. Curious.” The first hypothesis the man created was that the creature was some kind of experiment. Maybe some mage, alchemist or scholar had conferred a higher-level of sentience to the animal. Yes, that must be it. The elderly gentleman tried to identify if there was any sort of magic within that canine - “What is your name?” - the mage asked, very intrigued by her.

Interaction: was with Meg group, now with Percy. Genii Genii

Ana sighed seeing Percy leave so abruptly, she knew he wanted to help and she to, but they had no power to do so, they are not heros and the last thing she wanted was to end up like the rest and not contribute in actually helping them. " He will be ok Meg he just needs a bit of time, I know how it feels for him but, literally, many of us here are rookies exept some few..." She admitted, that was another reason, they were just starting off and this was to risky.

"If a group could not stop whatever happen in that village, we won't do any different" she said looking at her half empty tankard and taking a long swing just to enjoy the tastiness of its honey. She look at Meg and down her lap smiling at the little guy "he likes you..." She added....still wondering HOW it kept changing in size....she had to fine the owner on her free time and dig this mystery as to what this was....

Looking at the group and at the book, she stoop up for a moment "Excuse me going to check up on Percy" she looked at some oje she did not know, Pierre, and then connor smiling as she offered her sit for who ever needed it. Standing up and taking the book, making her way toward where connor ran. Could aee his figure in the distance she would make sure to come back.

As soon she was close "Hey Percy, you left this" raising the book for him to see "look, I might be a cleric but I am not good with words. But I just- wanted, what the?" Ana was completely taken away from the suddent screaming. This guild....this...guild was more active than a comedy. A bipedal werewolf? Well no wrong wording, a lycanthrope walked in screaming for food as far she could hear. It got a chuckle out if her how...unpredictable something like this was. Soon the wizard aproched the woman judging from its high pitch voice.

"Percy, what I wanted to say is that, I understand how you feel, if you want a moment to talk I won't mind. " She said with a smile offering the book. She knew Percy was as equally curious as she was of the new vocal...well dog....to put it simply.

Interactions: Meg (Guildhall)

Lost Echo Lost Echo

Calixto watches Godefroi leave in the direction of the dorm rooms and could've sworn he saw a bipedal dog enter the fray. What the Heavens is this place? He sighs, going over to the table where they're two left: Arthagus and what appears to be a young woman. He approaches them cautiously, unsure if the other is friendly or not. His mind filled with suspicion about what she did with Arthagus as he didn't see him yet. He grew worried that they'd done something to his beloved griffin, but his sense of worry ceased when he noticed the white bundle of fur settled in her lap. He sighs in relief, going over to the table, and smiles politely at the stranger. "It appears you have my friend in your lap." Hearing his voice, Arthagus climbs off her lap and back onto the table. Calixto picks up the griffin to hold him for a bit, and Arthagus begins to purr and brush himself against Calixto's chest. "I hope Arthagus here wasn't a bother to you and your company." Apologizing for his griffin possibly annoying the group before they separated, "Names Calixto, I'm the guardian of Arthy." Introducing himself, ignoring the nips and tugs Arthagus was doing to his hair.

Beryl's Office
Genii Genii
Pestle went down the hallway toward the infirmary. He stopped halfway and did the same motion as before to keep Beryl following until he stopped at the Infirmary's door.

Guild Hall
Oli Beju Oli Beju
Siwai had a big helping of various steamed and roasted meat haunches on the table next to him. A stack almost as tall as he was.
Meticulously he ate every single shred of meat, tendon, and even gristle, leaving behind sparkling clean bones.

"Okay! Yeah I promise." Siwai nodded enthusiastically. He was looking much better already, and his countenance was nearing it's usual level of optimism. "Lot of newbies..." Siwai tracked where they all were. "I should get on a quest soon too, huh? Get back on the saddle. Er...after Hannah patches me up of course."

The meal that Rika ate was a generous one. It slowly devolved into exiguity by the time she was finished, however, thankful that she was only in a night dress and over gown that could cover any bloating from the uncommonly capacious meal. “It’s been far too long since I’ve been on a paying quest.” She admitted, when the reasons for the aforesaid came to mind, she stared at her plate, lost in thought, and then looked at the quest board once more. “Normally I’d advise proceeding wtih all due prescience, but seeing as we’re soon to be overrun with new arrivals, you may be right. At this rate, the only available quests will be poorly paying ones, or worse, exceedingly dangerous poor paying ones.” Quickly dabbing her lip from any remaining culinary contents, she quickly stood and began walking over to the quest board, eyeing its contents…

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Meg was one of the ones that flinched at the loud dwarf (?she couldn’t see them passed the backpack) stormed into the guildhall. She immediately looked to her lap (a loudmouth wasn’t that interesting in her experience, at least not until they were drunker) to settle the beast with long pets down his body.

She looks up at the voice, then moves out of the creature’s way as it climbs from her lap to the table. Watching the man immediately cuddle the animal close, she smiled widely, “Not at all! He’s a delight.” Meg had to resist the urge to stand and continue petting the now distracted animal. She was fairly sure the pretty man would not appreciate it. “He even showed us his backflip. It was very impressive.” Gesturing she asked, “Would you like a seat? I’m Meg, by the way, nothing more than a new rookie here.

Interactions: Meg (Guildhall)

Lost Echo Lost Echo

Calixto sits across from her, his smile growing wide, "Well. I'm glad he amused you." Arthy chirps in response, settling himself on Cal's lap now. The Nephilim's fingers glide through the soft fur, watching Arthy curl his tail around his front legs. His eyes turn to the woman, reaching a finger over to give a small boop to the griffin's beak. He watches as Arthy tries to nibble at it before pulling his finger away. His focus was on the person sitting across from him, "A backflip, you say? My," giving soft pats on the griffin's side, "he learns quickly. I taught him that trick early in the morning." He creates an illusionary ball of light, tossing it on the floor, and Arthy leaps down to chase the rolling object. "Don't be a nuisance now, Arthagus. Stay out of people's way!" Calling out to the griffin running after the ball, chuckling as he tackled it and flopped to his side. He regarded Meg with a faint smile, "Well, I'm a rookie myself. I signed up only recently."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back