• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Callan

Callan smiled watching Urzoth laugh. “Said yer liked it so…” He shrugged as he stepped into the room. It was bigger than his own, but he supposed it needed to be, to accommodate the Half-orc’s chair.

“Not sure what yer mean.” The Siren said as he had a look around.

Lost Echo Lost Echo

Interactions: Meg (Guildhall)
Lost Echo Lost Echo

Hearing the question, Calixto gives a slow nod of his head, "Yes. You heard it correctly." Sheepishly smiling at her, "I'm half-angel. But I require no special treatment." In truth, he dislikes his angelic side. Not because he hates his powers, he adores them. It's just that his mother isn't all too, well, holy. He fiddles with a strand of his midnight black hair, seeming nervous discussing such a topic. When she made that joke, Cal couldn't help but genuinely laugh. "Angelic? I'm pretty sure refusing to help someone with the dishes doesn't count as a sin. Hopefully." He taps the arm that got reattached, "I had my arm ripped off before arriving here, but I reattached it. Not to mention illusions and barriers." When she mentioned eating, his stomach grumbled in agreement with her words, "I guess you can say I am." He's curious about what the food here tastes like, and hopefully not disgusting like the food he tried at other bars. He could've sworn the meat he ate at one was human.

(It's alright. I'm in no rush and enjoy reading others' posts while I wait.)

Tobias started his hunt for the mysterious Hannah, wobbling his way out of the training room to the hall. "HANNAH! HANNAH!!!" He shouted with little regaurd to others.

Percival

“You’re right…“ Percival agreed, glancing over at the overflowing quest board. There were plenty of people who needed their help in this part of the kingdom, and all were equally just as important. “- we should help the people of Darby first.”

Percival listened as Anat explained her calling and showed him the stag necklace. “My Mother had one just like that. She would talk about Herne often… tell me all the fables.” He smiled softly at the memory.

“A Knight? Not really.” Percy confessed. “-but my mentor was a Knight… Sir Henry. He commissioned the armour for my eighteenth birthday.” He explained with great fondness. The teen was unable to bare the weight of his Father’s plate - for the moment at least, so the knight had gifted him something more suitable.

“I have no magic, but… I am proficient with a sword, and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to become a great monster Hunter.” He stated with a modest but sure confidence. “If the wall should fall, I will stand in its place.”
Interaction: Percy

Ana smiled a bit impressed, a noble soul willing to do whatever it takes to stand by as the shield of men and woman, rarely do people grow spine if at all. And those who join the guild, they had enough spine to stand tall. Especially now she knew clearly why was he so confident in going back, one could say he is the brave soul to stand by out most odds. "You know, i admire people like you, meg, percy, connor, and so on. Brave to stand tall no matter what stands in there way or there skills, even if none." she bumped Percy on the shoulder with her fist softly as she chuckled "You should not lose that, bravery comes far, especially one like you....just hope your bark is equal to your bite... Sir Percy" she said teasingly said as he always seems to call her Lady, heh, a small joke for times like this. But what surprised her the most, his mother was a follower and he was given the armor in his 18th Birthday, seem he was very much in to battle at a young age. One did not need magic either to be brave or strong.

The fables of Herne...she has heard many upon the chapel doors and priest who said such enigmas, but she did not know much, most her time was spent aiding others, preaching word or in defense of those who need it. But besides that, Percy hint so much of noble blood, the symbol of his armor, his way of dressed, and even his way of speaking was of high status in some cases, even if Ana was born in wealth, she had not a fine personality as she spent most her life under studying and as a cleric. "If i may Percy, you seem dedicated on fighting any danger in the north at whatever the cost...may i know why?" she asked with the goal to try understand his reasoning for earlier attitude, the way he acted made her wonder why he was so...Dedicated on the north. She could guess but maybe the brave soul would tell her to clear the air if he was willing.

Meg blushed, pleased that the joke was taken well. Then he moved on to his healing skills. “Re-reattached?” This was a whole new worry for Meg. What if she lost a limb because she was incompetent? Could all healers reattach them? Would they kill her and have her come back again, hopefully whole? “Should you even be using it now?” You needed to rest to let an injury heal, and that level of trauma must need a lot of rest. Standing as well, she put her hands on her hips. “How about this, I’ll take the dishes and come back with a plate for you.” Meg assumed for a crowd this big, the cook only made one thing, like they had back home. “I’ll even talk the chef into a plate for Arthy, what does he need?

Lost Echo Lost Echo

Watching her cheeks turn a nice dark shade made his two-colored eyes glimmer. His lips curling into a charming smile before replying to her words, "Yes. Reattach." Meg's adorable, but he'll never say it upfront. Oh, no. She's already blushing and he doesn't want to make it worse. Yet. When she questioned if he should move it, Calixto moves his arm around to test it. "It'll be alright. Thank you for your concern." When he moved it, the arm was a bit stiff, but it'll return to normal tomorrow. This wasn't his first time having to attach something back to his body. At this point, he's used to the discomfort. Cal chortles, "You're sounding like a wife right there, Meg. It's cute." He twirls a strand of his hair around his index finger. At the mention of Arthy, he looks around the room, looking for the griffin. He frowns when he didn't see him anywhere. "Arthy?" Just then, he felt something hit his head, hearing as the light ball rolls along the floor after the impact. Calixto looks up, noticing Arthagus' glowing blue eyes up in the support beams. The griffin was looking down at him, a playful look in his eyes. "How did you even get up there? Let alone with the ball?" Arthagus chirps in response before leaping beam to beam, clearly claiming that area as his territory. "Give him some small meat chunks. It might bring him down from there."

Last edited:
Percival

Percival took a moment to think. There were many answers he could have given to Anat’s question. He settled for the reason that was most dear to his heart.

“The Knight I mentioned before… Sir Henry… I promised him that I would.” Percy explained with a sorrow-tinted smile. As brave and as strong as the teen aspired to be, nothing could shield one from the pain of loss. “… he passed away recently.”

“He was my sword instructor, but he also taught me about honour, valour and respect. He would tell me that Baylin’s Wall wasn’t just a barrier, it was a symbol - an act of love… and that if it should fall, so too will the kingdom.”

“…I er… heard about the Hunter’s Guild and its brave heroes who stand by the wall… so, here I am to do the same.” He concluded.

Yonsisac Yonsisac

________

Colin (npc)

Colin was busy dishing up steaming plates of food to hunters in the guildhall. He looked up as Tobais entered the room, shouting for Hannah.

The Gegenee couldn’t talk, but he waved his arms to get the rookie’s attention then pointed at the ground with all four hands. It was a gesture that meant ‘downstairs’, which Toby should understand… hopefully.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Tobias stared the Genenee a little confused why theyd point at the floor, it took a few mintues for the penny to drop. "Shes down stairs??? Uhhh ok thank you" he now had to find the stairs down...why couldnt this place have nice simple tunnels. Eventually finding the stairs he cautiously made his way down

Hannah (npc)

Down in the Infirmary, To aid would see a familiar face - Morgana who was busy at a desk, dissecting and experimenting with the Leshen’s head.

The room was just as long as the guildhall above. It’s walls were lined with beds, as well as large bulbous mushrooms that glowed a calm and cosy orange colour.

Hannah was helping an injured rookie sit up in his bed, but she turned to look at the new face (Toby) as he wandered in.

The Wood Elf tilted her head in curiosity, then straightened and smiled. “Hello there Sweetie. You must be new. My name is Hannah. Did you need help?”

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Uhhh i was told i might av a Con-cusion?" He scratched his head glancing at the glowing mushrooms and Morgana at work. "Ya aint gonna chop me up are ya"

Hannah (npc)

Hannah lightly chuckled at the confused hunter. "Oh you poor thing. How did you manage that?" The Wood Elf glided over to Tobais to get a better look at his noggin.

"Don't worry, I won't be amputating anything today." She reassured as she placed her hands on Toby's cheeks, bringing his head closer to her own. Her hands were warm and softly glowed for a moment before returning to normal.

"Just a wee bump. I would heal it, but... well, I'm sure you can manage." She smiled and let the man go. "What's your name, Pet? Where did you come from?"

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Pet? Uhhh...Tobias and uhhh..." he looked about and gestured in a direction "A forest dat way? Dunno the name..." he found it hard to look her in the eye as his cheeks were smushed and was examined. "Callan uh... threw a wooden sword at me cos he couldnt catch me"

Oli Beju Oli Beju
Guild Hall
Siwai accompanied Rika to the board, chewing on the marrow from a bone of one of the meat haunches as he did.
"What say we go on one together. That might be fun, I can't remember if you and I have ever been on mission as a team." He grimaced a little "And to get back on track as soon as possible would be good for me I think."

Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Infirmary
Pestle hurriedly went into the infirmary, stopped halfway in, and lifted up his head in thanks to Beryl.
---
Morgana looked up from her dissection of the Leshen head "Tobias dear. What are you doing down here? I don't remember you getting injured earlier."
She poured a concoction on the head, and was suddenly knocked back by a tree branch that sprouted out from the Leshen's tendrils. "Eurekaaaaa!" Morgana shouted as she tumbled head over heels onto the ground many feet away.
The tree branch withered into dust after a few seconds and the tendrils kept wiggling like normal.

"Oh my arm got better pretty quick..." he jumped back.as the leshen exploded to life before going to dust, he gripped his sword hilt tensed and jacket oddly raised behind him.
nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Last edited:
Hannah (& Beryl briefly)

"I see." Hannah hummed, giving Tobias a curious look.

"Callan hit you?" Hannah frowned in disappointment. "Oooh that ruffian. Just wait till I see him next. I thought he'd turned over a new leaf." The Elf huffed.

Hannah's head turned as Morgana flew by, but she didn't seem worried. "It's ok cyw bach. Morgana seems to know what she's doing." Maybe. To be honest the Elf was just happy for the company.

Upstairs, Beryl watched Pestle go and awkwardly said, "... you're welcome" as the hideous snake gave her one last look. She closed the door behind it and went back to her office, muttering something about early retirement.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Gods, it was brilliant. Urzoth might have to limit how many people they told about his and Tobias’s game of tag in return. Still laugh about it, but let his chick decide who knows, that way it’s more natural. Still, their face settled into a frown at his claiming not to know. “Today when you rushed into the clearing like you had something to prove.” Urzoth crossed their arms, “What about Tobias has you so tied up you’re taking risks worse than a rookie?” Callan was one they could always trust to have their back. He needed to get his head on straight if he was going to go on hunts while Toby was here."It's not like he's too weak to hunt."

Meg laughed at the ridiculous joke. Her a wife. Rolling her eyes, she teased back, “Let’s not go that far. Just a waitress maybe.” She’d never minded her job at the small tavern. She could stay there safe and in one piece, playing tricks with water to ease the boredom. Depending on how quickly she died as a ‘hunter’ maybe even being a bedwarmer wouldn’t have been so bad.

Arthagus was a welcome distraction. Even if the blow was to Calixto’s head and not hers. Maybe especially so. She giggled into her hair, as she looked up at the creature. “Well, he’s mischievous. The cook seems to have plenty of meat tonight,” she said, glancing at the other tables. It made sense, nearly dying burned a lot of energy. She was still tired and it wasn’t even late yet. “Would he prefer it raw or cooked?” She’d fed scraps to dogs before, but felt that if he was a member of the guild, he deserved something a bit more.

"I dont av to fight dat thing again do i?" He pointed at the leshen head. The elf seem amused by all of this, perhaps this was common place between Morgana and Hannah?

Percival

Percival took a moment to think. There were many answers he could have given to Anat’s question. He settled for the reason that was most dear to his heart.

“The Knight I mentioned before… Sir Henry… I promised him that I would.” Percy explained with a sorrow-tinted smile. As brave and as strong as the teen aspired to be, nothing could shield one from the pain of loss. “… he passed away recently.”

“He was my sword instructor, but he also taught me about honour, valour and respect. He would tell me that Baylin’s Wall wasn’t just a barrier, it was a symbol - an act of love… and that if it should fall, so too will the kingdom.”

“…I er… heard about the Hunter’s Guild and its brave heroes who stand by the wall… so, here I am to do the same.” He concluded.
Interaction: Percy Genii Genii
"I am sorry for your loss Percy, he seems to have been a man of great honor and valor, i for one, see his way and teachings in you, especially with your bravery and determination...even if you don't know the danger, facing it, is all that matters" She said with a caring smile as now she knows where percy became...Percy in other words. Bravery of steel and a honor as the people shield was something to admire and Ana for one knew how it felt to be a symbol of both the people and those brave to be by your side. She smiled "But what i see best is the clear way of you, being the symbol of the people as you really see what keeps people together....And you now, wishing to keep that symbol of love for the people is something i admire"

She got close and placed her hand on his shoulder "From one to the other, I see a hero in you, and in time i for sure see you being that hero you desire to be" she smiled as....Percy had the will and the way, but now he needed to hone it and become the hero he longs to be, his bravery surely radiates to others as, if he would really stand at the breached wall, she feels others would join his side.

"Lets meet with the others, i think its best we start gathering those who wish and take the long path to Darby, Time doesn't wait for us sadly" She said impressed by Percy, she feels comradery between them, As ana has the same wish in sense, before she started, looking back at him still wearing Ramirez's clothes and just chuckled...He better change. Ana began to think, would Meg come? Ana did not desire to force her but maybe since quest seems less of hunting, her skills could be useful...

(Those who wish to join feel free!)

Lost Echo Lost Echo

"Raw meat will do. I'm sure Arthagus has simple tastes," having a quick peek up to the support beams, watching as Arthagus was waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting head. "Don't you dare, Arthy! No attacking heads!" Scolding the griffin, who in return, clicks his beak frusratingly. Angry that Calixto blew his cover on hunting his next target. Arthagus tucks his four legs underneath his belly, settling his tail next to him. His head tilts as he watches the people down below. The Nephilim sighs, giving a shake of his head as it feels like raising a child. His two-colored hues glimmer with amusement, enjoying the sight of his beloved companion now relaxed in such a loud area. Huh, the people here helped with his nerves quite a lot. Focusing back to Meg, "Be sure to look up here and there. I don't think I can hold back the head stalker for long." Speaking of the devil, Arthy leaps in Cal's direction, spreading his wings to glide. Landing on top of Calixto's head, holding it firmly with his paws, and starts tugging strands of his hair. He pats his haunches, "Give me a break, you wild child. You're messing up my ha-" Arthy slaps his lips with his paw, rudely silencing Cal. Pretty sure the griffin was telling him to be quiet. Ah, that's where part feline comes in: the disrespect. The Nephilim huffs, feeling the griffin move around on his head and "attack" random pieces of hair.

He reached over to the griffin to remove the nuisance, only for his hands to be "viciously" attacked by Arthagus. Indeed, the creature was territorial over his head. Swating at the invading hands daring to extract him of his rightful claim. Does this mean Cal needs to build a cat tree to settle his energy, or maybe let him outside to run around a bit? Finally, he scoops the creature off and gets up from his chair. "Want me to bring you outside and run around a bit?" Hearing the holy words from the gifted man, Arthagus squirmed in excitement. However, Calixto was conflicted about letting Arthy go unsupervised knowing men were after him; nonetheless, the griffin needs to have some experience outdoors. He walks over to the main doors of the guild and opens them, with his friend excitedly glancing around. "Now, come back in a few minutes." As fast as he was to put Arthagus down, the griffin sped off in a random direction. "Let's hope he doesn't find his next victim." Heading back inside the guildhall to have something to eat.

Callan

“Tied up?” Callan perched on the edge of Urzoth’s desk and mirrored the frown and the arm folding. “You know me… just eager ter get things over with. Might’ve f*cked up, but the rookie ‘ad nothin’ ter do with it.” The Siren claimed.

“Tobias might not be weak, but he’s not exactly the sharpest sword in the rack.” Callan commented.

Lost Echo Lost Echo

________

Percival

Percival blushed fiercely, but felt emboldened by Anat’s praise and encouragement. “Thank you My Lady. I’ll certainly try.”

“Yes - I must to collect my things.” Percival said as the cleric mentioned preparing to leave. The prospect of traveling at night didn’t seem to worry him, but then again he wasn’t from around these parts.

“I shan’t be long!” He gave Anat a hasty bow before rushing upstairs.

Yonsisac Yonsisac ((Yes, I’ll send Percy along on that one.))

Shibboleth was not a term accurate to describe the guild hall, as it was just as boisterous during the days as it was at night, and every which horary mark in between. Rika had to maneuver through figures and beasts alike to get to the guild board, staring it down and hearing Siwai’s inquiry. She looked at him and nodded in response with a smile “I wouldn’t miss it.” Now to confirm whatever “it” just happened to be… Whist it would do no good to select a low paying mission, it would also be of little use if neither of them could carry it out. Upon further inspection, however, there seemed to be a few missing. “Heavens... I'd figured it’d be slim pickings, but…” She took notice to one that appeared to be in Beryl’s handwriting (Rika’d spent enough time in Beryl’s office mailing room to recognize the latter’s writing in a glance and a heartbeat). “Investigating the Arian Silver Mines…

Then an idea struck...

Silver being a valuable commodity in Hartland, the mines had been long since abandoned, that memory served, rather. Silver had been a useful tool in the family study, as it was used as a constituent material for wands and other incantation material due to its purity. When the mines were abruptly abandoned, rumors abound of greater wealth found by the human miners that liberated them from their benighted poverty and thus subservience to their benefactors. No longer having to work, they left to foreign lands and became figures of nobility… and then died of unknown causes. They’d all been cursed with barrenness and thus had no heirs, and thus all histories of the mines’ riches died with them. The silver (and other potential excavation treasures) notwithstanding, Wyrm spoils were valuable in and of themselves, depending on the type. The value, however, increased synchronously with the danger that the Wyrm posed. “Siwai,” She began, examining the contents of the note. “How would you like to go Wyrm hunting?” Reaching over to the bar, near where a quill and ink jar were, she nabbed both. She marked her name in the lower right corner of the posting, a slight glimmer in her eye, and placed the writing contents back at their rightful places.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Last edited:
"I dont av to fight dat thing again do i?" He pointed at the leshen head. The elf seem amused by all of this, perhaps this was common place between Morgana and Hannah?
Hannah (npc)

“Oh no, you’re perfectly safe… unless it takes root.” Hannah said to Toby, before turning to look at her shoulder - or the tiny sprout with a single leaf that grew there.

“Which reminds me - if you happened to come across a small skull on your adventures, please bring it back for me, won’t you dear.” The Elf requested with the sweetest smile.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"A small skull? Ow small ya wanting cos i can easily get ya a nice big boar skull" tobias puffed his chest out proudly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back