• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
After receiving directions from the group of hunters, Calixto was on his way to the location of the guildhall. Following him was Arthagus, the griffin following after his beloved friend, but sad to watch his new one, Stan, leave. The Nephilim caught wind of his friend's soured mood, slowing down to walk beside the large bird-thing. "You'll see him soon. That's if he doesn't get eaten by whatever beast is lurking in those ruins." Yup. That didn't cheer up Arthagus one bit. The griffin glares at him the best way he can, Calixto raising his brows. "What? I'm just saying."

The journey wasn't long, but it was a pain in his heavenly ass. His body was sore from the previous battle, even though he didn't do much. Arthagus, on the other hand, was having the time of his life trying to eat random things on the ground. "Don't eat that mushroom, Arthy. It might turn you into a toad." It's hard to tell if he was joking or serious. Taking his words into his ears, Arthagus took one bite from the mysterious shroom before leaving it alone. "You lack survival instincts, Arthy." A chirp in reply, the two saunter on in silence.

---

Seeing a tall building in the distance, Calixto guessed it could be the mentioned guildhall. "Let's hope the Hunters don't mind a stunning and noble being entering their residence." Arthagus puffed his chest with pride, and a cheeky smirk formed on the handsome man's face. "I meant me, of course." Arthagus snorts through the airholes of his beak, playfully glaring at his human companion. He scratches the griffin's chest, "Did I forget to mention his strong and mighty griffin? The almighty Lord Arthagus, Griffin of the Skies." Yes, he was feeding his companion's ego. Let's hope the griffin doesn't turn into a Calixto Jr. One is enough.

Percival

“Lady Anat.” Percival repeated the same custom, standing each time one of the ladies did. Anat was coming and going, so he was up and down out of his seat a few times, until the woman finally settled.

The teen looked embarrassed as Ramirez explained the clothing situation, but that turned into a smile as Meg expressed she could relate to his predicament. “I hadn’t the time to pack anything really.”

Percy listened to Anat and Meg discussing the quests, including the one he’d expressed an interest in earlier - the missing villagers of Darby.

“I agree.” He said after Meg finished. “That quest came before the others, and it mentions it will a take at least a day to reach the village… if we dally much longer, why… it could be too late.” Percy worried.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Lost Echo Lost Echo Yonsisac Yonsisac

Last edited:
Gol, book in hand, had exited the guild hall after he realized the weird looks, he was giving people had started to be returned back to him. He was in the middle of adjusting the strap on his travel pack before Gol spotted his newest subject of fancy. It was beautiful, white and well-groomed looking, walking next to an average looking male he noted it was tamed and wasnt a wild subject, but all the better to get closer to it. Gol gave the griffin he saw his upmost attention, not letting his eyes wander away from it, his hands that held his book and writing tool were going wild, writing rapidly in the book without him watching. His eyes seem to focus harder; it was then that his hands stop moving, a gentle, dim, blue light illuminating the book as he used magic to inscribe images of the griffin in his book. All the while he grew closer to the pair, the griffin and his average tamer, although he barely paid attention to the other subject, he had picked up that it was a young man.

"
How marvelous, with its calm appearance next to a man you can tell it's been thoroughly tamed although its eyes do suggest the view of a feral beast like a regular griffin, I'd say this one would go feral if left for a week at most. With its coloration I wouldn't say it to be a Timber Griffin or a North Sea. It's also rather quite small compared to the dead specimens I've studied...hmmm with the coloration I might say a high-altitude climate griffin, but this man doesn't seem to be from a high climate, unless it was poached, you do often see these things on the black market in dangerous places I publicly say I have never been to." He was saying this to no one in particular but out loud, he stops a good three feet away from the strangers, 'You never know if they could be dangerous, best if I keep a bit of distance.', he said to himself. Staring at the griffin he asks aloud, "Age?"

Astrophil Astrophil

Last edited:
Ana sat finishing her food but when Meg and Percy spoke, she made sure to stop and pay attention. Both had very valid points. And judging from the submitted date, this one should be payed attention or else. Maybe by the time they get there... it's but a empty town. And what force could be causing this especially?

"You are right...." She said more worryingly, as they could be to late and maybe the quest when they get there is investigating what is left. "I agree, I say we investigate this situation, I just hope whatever force is causing this has not had enough time to cause more problem then when the quest was posted" she said thinking and pondering. We are not talking of one person but a whole village slowly going missing. It's best round down as early as possible. And it's a whole day travel, Ana would have enough time to prepare her spells.

(As stated at work so short post!)
Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

The duo was stopped in their tracks when a random older man approached. Calixto felt his sense of ego increase, putting on his best smile while Arthagus sits down beside him, waiting for Calixto to start moving once more. "Well, nice to meet a fa-" his voice cut off when the stranger was rambling while writing things down in his journal. The man was confused but didn't want to question the seemingly busy man. Arthagus tilts its head at the sudden attention, thumping his tail once and confused about what to do. Its sapphire eyes shift to Calixto, biding his time and listening to whatever words were leaving the stranger's lips. Although, some words the strange man was saying did make Arthagus feel good about himself, causing parts of his fur feathers to prickle in glee. Calixto turns his head to the griffin and smiles lovingly at his animal friend, "You have a fan, old friend. We're alike in many ways." Arthagus hoots, his tail swishing excitedly, and both pairs of eyes turn to the stranger.

When the man asks about the griffin's age, Arthy chirps in response, trying to answer his question. Calixto cleared his throat, trying to gain some attention to answer the man's ramblings. "My name is Calixto, and this here is Arthagus. Arthy, for short." Introducing both of them in one singular sentence. His fingers gently brushed the alabaster fur and were careful with his words. The beast dipped its head in greetings, only to shrink a little in size, but Calixto didn't notice the slight change in size. "In case you were wondering, which you probably were, he was poached. So his age is left to the unknown, but he was baby-sized when I first met him." His two-colored iris' turns to the ball of light, a hum in his throat. "A pretty color. It matches your eyes quite well, Arthy." Hearing so many compliments in one day caused the bird's self-esteem to grow. Calixto rubs the back of his neck, unsure if he should be saying this, "You're free to pet him. Just...don't pull off any fur or feathers."

Hell_Recompense Hell_Recompense

Balthazar
Interactions: Alice ? Firelie Firelie

The woman’s room was very different from his own. Such extreme disarray, why was it like that? Did it actually reflect the girl’s mind? He couldn’t ascertain it. But sometimes, amongst the chaos, many interesting things sprouted. Maybe she came to be who she was because of it. Looking at Alice’s back, the old wizard couldn’t shake the feeling that something was amiss. What was it? And then, his attention finally caught what was exuding all the energies the man was detecting: a clock. Balthazar took off his glasses, wiping them off as to clean them in his robes. Placing them on his face once again, he squinted his eyes, trying to get a better look at it, still from a distance. With steady steps, he started to approach the object, but stopped in his tracks when he heard the snapping of fingers.

The old magus watched the bizarre occurrence, the arcanic forces simply vanishing, from a moment to the next one. His interest was piqued, more and more, and, with it, so did a feeling in the back of his head that something could be terribly wrong. It was then that the threat, or advice, was given to him. An ultimatum. Was it to prevent Balthazar from trying aggression, or was it to stop him from fleeing, disappearing from that lunatic happenstance? That was unknown, but the man was not inclined to try either of the possibilities. Although there was, a very small itch of curiosity, wondering if the threat could become manifest.

When Alice faced him, what he saw was something he had never seen before. His face contorted, slightly, the wrinkles of many seasons becoming more accentuated. What had happened to her? What was that thing, which was oozing some black liquid? Morbid curiosity and revulsion filled Balthazar’s mind. So much so, that when it spoke with him again, he was silent for quite a bit of time. His eyes darted along Alice’s frame. His eyes stopping on the dagger she held in her hand. Or better said, the dagger that balanced on it - “Yes, that is correct. To whom or what am I speaking to?” Asking it, the old man was unnerved with her tongue, reaching for the black substance, licking it.

Interaction: Calixto infront of guildhall
Astrophil Astrophil

Gol was brought out of his fixation with a jump of auditory stimuli, he had accidently gotten so wrapped up again he went into a rambling stupor. He listened to the man's words with a smile, yet his hands never stopped writing things down. Now that he was brought out, he did finally notice the man's strange attire and eyes, they were remarkable, just like the griffin. His hand stopped writing and took up a shaky, open and relaxed palm, he swiftly closed the distance between himself and the griffin. He ran his hand through the fine creatures' feathers and ruffled them, obeying as commanded he didn't pluck a feather, he wouldn't have anyway, feathers usually only came back during molting and harming the magnificent beast was not in his interests. But he his best to comb through while petting for an already detached feather, but sadly he found none. "I'm sorry for my rude and abrupt stopping of you, I'm Gol, well Golemnus, but call me Gol for short. I'm a documenter of beasts and a newly signed up adventurer, I was caught up in your friend's beauty during my approach.", his hand went to the top of Arthy's head to give him a head pat. "I'm sorry for the rudeness I've shown Ya, Calingo, and your adorable friend" his hand gave Arthy a firm and affectionate head scratch. "I hope you don't mind but I made some pictures of him to go with the chapter I have on tamed beasts. Also, I would like to add the comment that your eyes are very beautiful." Golemnus locked eyes with the man for a few seconds, while staying quiet, putting the green book he was witting in back into his pack and pulling out a brown one, all while locking eyes with Calixto he flips it to an open page, and it flashes a dim, blue color leaving behind a colored picture of the man's eyes, "Yes beautiful enough eyes to document, the differences in color are a rare phenomenon I've heard about it but never seen." He places the book back inside his pack, both hands now technically empty, except for his right which he wouldn't stop scratching and petting the griffin with. "I'm also saddened to hear this beautiful feather ball was on the black market but seeing the way you must taking care of him he seems happy and I'm sure he'll live longer than any wild griffins." He extends his left hand, prothesis going out to shake his hand, "I'm sorry if I'm being a bother, I usually tend to be, if you are okay with it, we could continue this talk inside, it seemed you were heading that way. I don't mind buying you a drink as thanks for the conversation, I also have some more questions I want to ask.", Gol smiled at Calixto widely and genuinely.

Last edited:
Interaction: Gol (Outside the Guildhall)

Calixto offers the man a bright smile, not appearing offended by the other's rattling. He finds the older gentlemen amusing. Arthagus wasn't pulling away from the touch, so the griffin also agrees that the other fellow was pleasant company. Oddly enough, Calixto didn't find his ramblings a nuisance, which was odd since he hates talkative people. Could it be that he's showing respect to someone older than him? Could be. Although, something was telling him in Calixto's head that it wasn't the case. "Hmm," responding to himself in his head, trying to answer his question before replying. Seconds later, a realization hits him like a magic ball of energy. The other has some knowledge of beasts, which could be of use to help him raise Arthagus to shift away from the man-eating part. From what words he overheard, he had been around other kinds of griffins. "Golemnus; a unique name, but I like it." Complimenting Gol's full name, listening to what came after the name addressing. "Already guessed what you were by your little performance at the sight of Arthy." Raising both hands, showing him that he wasn't offended. "I was surprised too when I first laid my eyes on him. As for pictures," he was quiet when considering his options before giving him a nod confirmation, "feel free, but make sure to get his good side." Adding a small joke to the final statement, meanwhile, the griffin was eyeing a butterfly with suspicion in his eyes. He snaps at it, managing to catch it with his beak. With one swift gulp, the butterfly existed no longer. Arthagus snorts in disgust, not finding the insect a tasty thing to eat. When he mentioned his eyes, Calixto internally cringed before replying to his words, "I appreciate your notice. My eyes are due to my heritage, but I would prefer if I discuss it inside. So please," patting Arthagus's shoulder to gain his attention then gives his hand a brief shake, "lead the way." The bird changed shape, now bellow Calixto's knee. The Nephilim was surprised but picked up the now small Arthy in his arms anyway.

Gol
Interaction: Calixto (in guild hall/Outside?) Astrophil Astrophil

Golemnus led the way, this was what he came looking for on the frontier, something fun and exciting. He led the charge to the guild hall, returning to where he just came retreating from. They were no less than a short walk away from the hall, so he decided to make idle chatter, which was normal chatter to him. "Have you been in the guild long Calingo?", Gol asked as he rapidly closed the short distance to the front door of the hall. He led the way foreword not checking over his shoulder for the conformation he was being followed. He strode into the guild hall and reclaimed the table he had woken up from not too long ago, it was the first table that was an immediate right to the open door. He slid his bag off his shoulders and onto the ground as he sat down in his chair and collapsed. "Over here is my favorite spot, not that I've been here long, but I like this place already, well I've only sat here once but it was cozy enough to doze off." Gol rambled on as he let out a tension relieving sigh, anytime he got to take off that blasted bag he felt immense release.

Interactions: Gol (Inside the Guild)

When he asked how long he's been in the guild, Calixto chuckled, "I'm here to apply, actually. Along with Arthagus." He ignored the different name, not taking offense to it. "I met some hunters before coming here, and they aided me in a situation." Entering the building, he wasn't surprised by how noisy it was, but Arthagus seemed bothered. He wraps his arms protectively over the little one, stroking the back of its neck to soothe its nerves. Following him to the first table, Calixto sat across from Gol and set Arthagus on the table. The griffin tucks all four legs under its belly and proceeds to settle in a sophisticated form of a loaf. Eyes of blue anxiously scanned the room, and Calixto felt bad that Arthy wasn't used to such a lively place yet. "I missed that feeling. I've been traveling for months now. I never had a place to call home as I was always wandering." He leans against the table, settling both of his crossed arms on the surface. "Feel free to ask me any questions. I have nothing to hide."

Alice Evergarden

The witch stayed silent, unmoving as she stared at Balthazar. It was obvious she did not anticipate such a response. After three cycles of the clocks unnatural ticking, she responded. "You are mistaken. I wish you weren't. I'm still here, still awake. So very awake."

"TOCK, TICK"​

Her words dripped with misery, her neutral expression scrunching up for a moment before returning to its neutral state. She took a step towards the man, beginning to close the distance. "We both are. Awake~" She hummed absentmindedly, taking forth another step.

"TOCK, TICK"​

Suddenly Alice's grip on her knife tightened, her gaze now sharp as the blade. "So no playing coy. See, you are just like me which means one of two things." Two more steps.

"TOCK, TICK"​

"You are either someone who can save me, or a fancy little puppet whose strings," She lifted the knife and pointed the tip to Balthazar.

"TOCK, TICK"​

"Needs to be cut." She hummed without a care in the world, as if she wasn't threatening a mans life. "The choice is up to you, Balthazar." She spat out his name like it was a venom, her tone suddenly rife with loathing. "I'll ask first. Man, or puppet?"

Maxxob Maxxob

Interaction: Calingo Astrophil Astrophil (GuildHall) ( Genii Genii Possibly Barry? don't mean to drag you in or busy you.)

Gol viewed the buddy pair across the table, he could see the nervousness the griffin had, "Although he looks like a high-climate or mountainous griffin to me he appears skittish and scared of noise which is unlike them, possibly a leaned behavior... Whoops, look at me rambling, the question I would like to start off with is how you two came to be a pair or any strange behavior you've seen from him, or if he has interacted with any other griffins, or.... sorry ranting again. If you have any questions for me, ask them likewise, I believe in fair trade of knowledge." Saying this he reached to his left side and once again pulled out the green book from his large pack and placed it flat on the table, he summoned a light blue crystal that he plucked from the air and steadied it like a pen. He then raised his left hand in the air and yelled maybe a bit too loudly "Barry if you're around I could use two drinks please, thank you." He then retracted his hand down and placed it on the table, he fixed his eyes waiting expectantly for Calingo to say anything. This was the first time he would actually get a chance to document someone with a tamed beast, his leg was bouncing rapidly under the table as the old man felt like a giddy kid on the inside. His eyes focused once again, but this time not on fascination or wonder, but out of expectation, like the next words he was going to hear would set him on the path of enlightenment. 'I bet this kid is gonna say something real important' was the only thought that went through his head.

Interactions: Gol (GuildHall)

Cal brings his fingers toward the griffin, stroking along the spine to let him know he's right behind him. Arthy's body gradually relaxes, yet his eyes still hold an anxious glimmer. It made the Nephilim's face falter, and his eyes contained a gloomy expression. Seeing Arthagus this stressed bothered him, but at least he was steadily calming down. The fur was beginning to fluff, but Arthagus stayed put. A soft, quiet purr rumbled in his throat. He was quietly giving thanks to Cal's small actions to bring him comfort, only for its blue eyes to focus on the other man in front of him spoke. Again. Calixto was silent when he asked that question and unsure how to give a proper answer without making it complicated. "Well, he was trapped in a cage and probably was in a place full of other creatures. I'm sure it wasn't the quiet of places with all kinds of animals hollering about." Whispering to himself, trying to formulate a possibility as to why Arthagus was acting differently from your ordinary griffin. "He could've been taken from his mother too young. Worse," his lips thin for a brief moment, "was killed in front of him." Once more, creating a theory on Arthagus' backstory and how he got into the clutches of poachers. When Gol questioned how the two met, Calixto sighed, "I was making my way out of a tavern and wandered down the alley. I stumbled across a trade deal, but the buyer didn't show up. I noticed him in a cage, and when he looked at me, I knew he needed my help. Let's say I stole from the poachers. Funnily enough," poking Arthy's side, "we met each other yesterday last night and somehow created a strong bond with him. I'm afraid I have no clue if he interacted with other griffins. To make matters worse," he drums his fingers on the surface, "I have no clue how to handle a griffin, let alone raise one. To add to it, I'm pretty sure size changing isn't something an ordinary griffin can't do, and there's something about Arthagus that points to him not being an actual griffin."

Interaction: Calingo Astrophil Astrophil

"Hmm" Gol pondered; "I can see where you're coming from" he said a bit disinterested, "WAIT! not a griffin? That ruins all the stuff I've written in my..." he cuts himself off and seems to go back into thinking, "Not a griffin huh... I've only ever heard of a monster called a doppelganger although its shape is usually human, I've never heard anything about it saying it can't be an animal." he gives Arthy a curious eye, looking him over "But those monsters kill after fooling the victim and such an adorable creature would never, right Arthy?" He breaks off from the conversation he was having to Arthy, "Stolen from poachers, good going Calingo, good to know you're the heroic type. A fear of the loud would indeed mean not too long after hatching the hatchling was scared by an auditory overload of noise and developed the fear would be my hypothesis. Mountain griffins tend to deal with sound well, the wind whistling in high mountains create a lot of noise, and that tends to harden them to noise over time. So, whatever scared him would have been after hatching, as my guess. Looking at em I'd estimate maybe less than a year, although you did say he shifts sizes so he could be an adult shrunk or a baby grown. As for an ability to shift sizes at will, I'd say maybe an evolution, or mutation he developed, the same way people can use magic. Who knows? A possible blessing from the gods... bah, I wouldn't push too much credit on them." he says bitterly. "As for raising a griffin its simple, respect them and let them hunt, different griffins prefer different meat, but most of them care more for the hunt. I believe mountain griffins..." He flips the pages in his book, "usually prefer big game when hunting like moose or bears although for babies, like this guy could be, their mothers usually do the hunting for them to show them how it's done. They usually take the approach of picking up prey and dropping them from a height." He closed his green book and put it in pack, Gol lets out a sigh. "I like the idea that he's not a griffin more, there's a thing called the fey wild or something of the sort, magical stuff, I'm not used to it but possibly something with that. I hear wild things pop out of it all the time." Gol slides a slip of paper across the table that he grabs from one of his pouches, a quest called "Gone Fishing" is at the top, "I'm investigating a monster and was wondering if you knew anything about a giant aquatic monster. Wanted to learn more about it if I could, I was considering taking this quest."

Last edited:
Interaction: Gol (GuildHall)

When he was shocked that he discovered the news that he's not a true griffin. Calixto blinks a couple of times in surprise. "What I mean to say was, and excuse my mistranslation, was that he's a copycat from an original griffin. You know," gently tugging a strand of a feather before letting go, "taking the DNA of the original and using it to make a copycat by using magic. I've traveled to many places and learned that griffins are getting harder to find in the wild. Wild ones are getting harder to find, but you might have a chance to see one if you dig deep within the city's walls. He could've been from an egg or a test tube. There are many possibilities on how Arthagus came to be." Stroking a finger between the ears, Arthagus leaned against the touch. His eyes closed, showing how comfortable he was getting. "I feel like they're making copies and selling the clones for profit, which is the reason why for odd the odd behavior and the instant connection with Arthy. A connection like a witch and a familiar, for better a term." He laughs almost quietly, not wanting to disrupt the other patrons here. "However, I won't exclude the possibility of him being a doppelganger." Arthy's ears perked when Gol called him adorable, communicating back with two quick chirps. His eyes shone ever-so-brightly, enjoying the amount of attention he was getting from the kind man. "Look at you, attention hog," Calixto teased the bird, Arthy shooting him a playful glare. The two's eyes were back on Gol, but hearing the elder's opinions towards them made a small, grateful appear on Cal's face. "You and me both on that part," sharing the same bitter tone. Taking in whatever advice the other was willing to share, nodding his head now and then. "I see. Does that mean I'm Mama Calixto for the time being? Huh," brushing his fingers along the white fur, "I never considered squaring up against a bear. Let alone a moose." When Gol rambles briefly about the fey wild, the young man's eyes sparkled with interest. "Another possible origin. Well, whatever the case of Arthagus' origins, as long as he has no interest in eating humans, or human-like things, then everything should be fine." Calixto's new target was the mentioned aquatic monster, nodding his head once before responding, "I heard stories of waters containing such creatures, but I've never encountered one personally. Each creature has its weaknesses and strengths. There's a chance multiple species of sea creatures we're unaware of lurk deep below, such valuable information left for someone to discover. I've never fought one before," his trimmed-brows fall on his face, "and I sure as Heavens won't toss myself at one. But," perking up in his seat, "I won't object to aiding you on the quest. I may not look at it, but my skills in healing can come in handy. Still, I have to officially join the guild first before accepting a quest from what the previous group of hunters told me."

Interaction: Calixto (Guild Hall) Astrophil Astrophil

As he listens to him, he nods along with all Calixto says and pays deep attention, when he says he knows nothing off the aquatic monsters he shakes his head in sadness. He didn't know too much about what the guy had said, out of his expertise and all that. From what the guy said the griffin was a chimera of sorts and is defective or imbued with resizing magic. "Seems like no one knows a thing about this monster, if that's the case it's a wonder why it hasn't been higher priority, an unknown leviathan under the water destroying a fishing villages way of life." Going after the monster with this guy was something he hadn't thought off, and the idea of his had caught him off guard, "Healing magic, eh? I do more slowing down and protecting, I'm more supportive and less fightive, but don't test me.", Gol takes a fighting stance with his fists and takes a jab with his left metal prothesis at the air. "If anything, I would prefer sit in the back, I know only one attack spell, but it's pretty useful. I'm more useful when exploring if anything." Gol rubbed his left shoulder; he hadn't moved like that in so long that he ached a bit. "I would suggest getting a move on with the registration, it's a quick process and the staff are nice." he said while digging in his bag, he pulled out a gold coin and thumb flicked it across the table to Calixto. "Always wanted to do that.", he says to himself, "If you want to go and do the registration now you can always find me here, I'm goanna be keeping an eye out on doing this quest. I'm also always ready to talk monsters if you ever find a new one or if you ever need a drinking buddy, Calingo.", Gol gives Calixto a nod and a smile.

Interactions: Col and Open (Guildhall)

Calixto was quiet while he rambled on, a cheeky grin on his face, "I guess we're alike in some way. Still, I have lots to learn with my magic, but my healing skills should prove capable enough to sustain our party. I almost forgot. I can form magical barriers, spears, and lancers. Sadly," he clicks the roof of his mouth, "I'm not that good at fighting, but I can still hold my own." When registering became the new topic, Calixto stood from his chair and caught the gold coin mid-air. "I will let you know of my results, Gol. If I get approved, you can count on my support during the quest the best way I can." He strides over to the open door but stops to see Arthagus chasing after him. It would be terrible to take a griffin along with them, especially when he can't fly. Calixto kneels to face the griffin, patting it a few times on the head, "Stay here, friend. I'll talk to the person I'll sign up with, but I will mention you. Just," his eyes scan the bar, "stay put and don't startle everyone else. Got it?" Without saying another word, Calixto left the bar to find the person he was supposed to register, with a sad-looking griffin watching him go.

---

Interactions: Anat, Percy, Meg, and Ramirez (Guildhall)

Yonsisac Yonsisac Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Arthagus watches Calixto leave the bar, a wave of gloom washing over him. When he talked about staying out, the griffin was confused. Did Calixto mean for him to sit in the same position or not leave this room entirely? Shuffling side to side, getting antsy with hunger as he hadn't eaten in days. His head tilted in many directions, inhaling all the scents that could lead him to food. He did a full-360 when he located a possible meal, rising on his four paws and stumbling deeper inside the tavern. Arthy walks over to the bartending table, squeezing between the stools and the table while keeping his nose to the ground. He pressed his body against the floor in an awkward stalking motion to avoid bumping into the swinging legs, avoiding physical contact with feet belonging to the strangers. Finally, he reached the other side of the ravine of shoes and was getting closer to his prey. His ears blocked out the noises of the many people talking, trying to locate the sound of little pitter-pats of tiny feet.

The scent led him to a table with four people sitting and discussing something important, yet Arthy ignored them. His eyes were on something else: a mouse nibbling away on some leftover crumbs. Luckily enough for him, it hadn't detected his presence. Arthy stalked forward, moving closer to the rodent with silence blessing his feet. He was getting closer and closer to his prey-merely a few inches away. However, he lost his stealth advantage as the mouse spotted him when it sniffed around for more food. The mouse dashed off to hide under the table, but Arthy lunged at it with cat-like grace. A loud thump and the table shakes for a split second. The griffin came in contact with the table, but it was a worthy sacrifice as he managed to catch the critter. Quickly, he swallows the rodent before taking a seat to think about what he did. He left from under the table, finally glancing up at the table. Noticing the people sitting there, Arthagus jumped onto the table and decided to plop his rump directly in the center.

Taking in Calixto's words to make people like him, the griffin's body was motionless, except for his tail swaying behind him. He seems to be thinking hard about something; meanwhile, his eyes observe the new faces with curiosity. He remembers the trick Cal taught him beforehand. Arthy puffs out his fur and then takes a stand. Arthagus hobbles up and down, prepping himself to jump. He pushes himself in the air, then curves his body back into a circular arch to perform a backflip. His trick flopped since he failed his landing, falling onto his stomach with a soft 'oof' noise leaving him. With that trick done (much to his embarrassment), he takes a seat and purrs in admiration at his half-decent trick. If only Calixto could see him now.

Balthazar
Interactions: Alice Firelie Firelie

It seemed the old wizard was wrong about who was in front of him. The confirmation coming from Alice’s very own lips. His expression changed, bit by bit. The before unnerved and, in a sense disgusted Balthazar, disappeared. The figure before the woman was a serious one, his eyes disappearing from view, thanks to his glasses’ light reflection. And, suddenly, he started to move through the messy bedroom. Small steps, moving towards the girl’s left. But he didn’t gain any distance from her while doing so. His gaze still fixated on her visage as he moved. However, he had gotten closer to the energy emanating object. The elderly man furrowed his eyebrows when the knife was pointed at him. An act of aggression or a plea for help? When the situation is grave enough, creatures would resort to any kind of measure to survive, no matter how self-righteous they claimed to be.

“If you wished my aid, you could have just come to me, without the need to pin me between a rock and a hard place” - However, was that true? Would the man have offered his time by his own accord? The answer was murky and not exactly clear. Still, there was a question posed: was the old man a puppet or someone that could help her? Maybe once he had, indeed, his strings held by a certain person, a long, long time ago. Those had been severed when he was not even 20. Since then, the man has lived only through his own will, but there was a guidance. His obsession had and will always steer him in certain paths. To deepen his knowledge, to increase his powers.

But to what end? Why does one crave power? To protect those around him? To vanquish their greatest foe? For the sake of keeping their own power? None of those were Balthazar’s intention, no - “I am as free as one can be. My pursuit being my only mistress” - he answered her question, looking directly at Alice’s eyes or, one should say, eye. All of that was, however, a double-edged sword. He was placed in a situation which he would be unable to resist or flee, and given options to either help or perish. But the woman in front of him had also gambled, quite a bit. There was a hidden assumption that Balthazar wouldn’t try to blow her to smithereens in the first opportunity he got. An agreement, one which scales favored the old magus. She must have needed preparation to set that trap. Did she conjecture that, in any other situation, things would go badly for her? Maybe, despite her threats, she would rather not gamble and see if the man would be left standing, if push came to shove. Or she rather not put the man’s life on the line, albeit this last one is rather unlikely.

“Man” - the sounds of the clock reverberated in his ears, over and over again, echoing the madness of that place. But Balthazar was not one to hold grudges, at least not that easily. That was not the first time he was placed at the end of a blade, but it was the first one he had been totally disarmed. Or, at least, mentally disarmed. The old magus gaze kept peering onto Alice, trying to read off her energies the best he could - “What is the affliction that ails you?”

Meg let the assumption it was out of concern that she chose that quest stand. Percival’s concern brought back the failed quest. A whole town dead. Could whatever was stealing men move on to women once all were gone? Or to children? The worry was strong, but still, Meg felt like she shouldn’t go if she wasn’t prepared. “Maybe we can go over ideas here? Before we get there to save time? oH!

The table shook abruptly, with such strength as if Ramirez had hit his knee against it. She turned to ask what was wrong when a monster jumped on the table! Meg scooted back, toward Ramirez who was still strong even if he didn’t have his massive sword with him at the moment. She watched as he curled his body, preparing to pounce, and snapped the cap off her waterskin, drawing it out in preparation. But then the thing backflipped, landing in a pile of adorableness. Her fear melted at the cuteness, but she still stared in confusion, before remembering this guild employed monsters as well. Could this be another member? Or a pet of one? “H-hello?” she wrapped the water around her arm, a bracelet coursing like a river. Just in case.

Urzoth nodded to Rika, glad someone was taking care of Siwai. Once he was in Hannah’s hands he’d be fine. They moved out from the doorway to let the pair through, though they stayed close to the wall to keep out of the spar’s range.

Urzoth watched the fight, recognizing Callan’s skill. Even as drunk as he was, he was steady enough to fight. Hell, they weren’t sure if Callan ever managed to be fully sober. So, what caused him to rush into that clearing like his tailfeathers were on fire? Focusing their earth magic, they raised their chair, preparing to absorb any shockwave that could come from Tobias’s strength. Then, they settled in to watch the rookie’s skill. He didn’t use his sword during the fight with the Leshen (Urzoth could have sworn he’d bitten the thing instead.) But he could keep up with a drunk Callan, that wasn’t bad.

Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Last edited:
Training Yard
Oh Siwai…” She said softly. He’d devolved at this point to tears, and her compassion for the spectre was overwhelming her more austere nature. When he looked up, she was gracious enough to sit along with him and wipe at least a few of his tears away. “You did all you could, and I daresay your teacher would be proud of you. This is but one failure, but you’re still alive, and will have many trials ahead of you yet, my friend.” She looked him in the eye, a seriousness to her gaze. “The world is never short of people that will need the help that only you can give.” With that, she stood, holding out a hand. “And you won’t be able to help them if you aren’t on your own two feet, right?” She looked to the guild hall and then back at him, nodding in the direction of the place where the food was at. “Come. Hannah needs to have a look at you, and afterward, we can grab a bite to eat. Something tells me we’ve both been neglecting our stomachs today.” She smiled once more, and tried to manage a small laugh, and then looked over to Callan and Tobias about to duel, Callan clearly besotted with drink and masculine battle frenzied vainglory, and Tobias… already engaged in a like battle cry. Suddenly the girl felt the need to leave the courtyard that was soon en route to become a crater.
Siwai nodded silently. He rubbed at his eyes and squared his shoulders. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm super hungry, let's eat something." He looked down at his injuries. "Oh. You're right, I should see Hannah." And then his stomach growled loudly. "Food first though.

Beryl's Office
The puppy dog act wasn’t working on the Guild Master, but she was curious to know what the hideous creature wanted (and who was responsible for it).

“Are you trying to get out?” Beryl stepped away from her task for a moment to go and open the door for the Python.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Pestle hurriedly went through the door a few feet. Then turned and raised up like before, craning to see if Beryl would keep following him.

Alice Evergarden

“You know nothing.” The girl scoffed, “see, see this,” she flipped the knife around and pointed it at her own chest. “This ‘affliction?’ This is the natural progression of your precious pursuit.” Her features relaxed. She once more snapped her fingers and the ticking stopped. The magic didn’t quite return to the room, but the clock was most certainly rendered inactive.

“Leave me to forget.” Alice dropped the knife to the floor and moved back to her bed, “tell nobody of what you saw. I-“ Alice sighed, “don’t look into it, into this. This was a mistake, nothing more. A mistake by an irrational mad woman, do you understand?” Alice turned and glared at the wizard. “There is nothing deeper. You are better keeping your nose out of it.” It came out like an order, but the pained expression upon her face almost made it seem like advice.

Maxxob Maxxob

Balthazar
Interactions: Alice Firelie Firelie

He looked at her chest, just as she pointed with at it with the dagger. That would be the fruits of his studies, his pursuit, his passion. Ludicrous! While he had heard of powerful mages losing their mind to insanity, after glancing at something they shouldn’t, that would not be him. No knowledge would be outside his grasp, his prodding. It would be all or nothing. Missing the ticking of the clock, he looked at it from the corner of his eyes. With the thump of the knife hitting the floor, his attention was once again directed at the white-hatted mage. She gave him two main advices, or orders, at that moment.

To not tell anyone what he had witnessed. Balthazar would not dream of disgracing her in such manner. Furthermore, what good there would be in telling what had happened in that bedroom to anyone else? It was an interaction between both mages and nothing else. But there was the idea. The idea that was nonsensical to leave Alice to deal with that by herself. Mages were dangerous by nature. Insane mages were perilously fatal. In addition, to tell the old magus to not look into something, as it would not render any fruits, was like talking to a wall or any other object - “I understand. I shall leave you be.” His voice didn’t carry any particular emotion, neither did his face.

Turning his back to the girl, which now was on her bed, he began walking towards the door. It was then that he heard a crunch beneath his shoes. Looking at it, it became clear what it was: smashed porcelain - “Mmmm…” His memory was jogged, but her bedroom would not be the best place to contemplate it. Walking towards the door, he unlocked it and get out of the room, closing the door as he exited it. And, with that, his future course of action started being structured in the man’s mind.

"Indeed we should plan, but it's odd, only men? There has to be a reason, could even be-" suddenly the table shifted, it's weight shook, Ana immediately looked under the table and saw a quick fluffy and featherd creature on the move, befor she could get a good glance the creature was alredy on the table, raised up and saw it, a...small griffin, and soon it puffed up as if ready to pounce and did a...mostly...suscesfull flip. It's tail wagging quickly. Ana chuckled looking at the cute little guy. Seeing Meg slightly alert, Ana wanted to show her that, this little guy was no harm. Just by first glance it was playful and in clearly seeking some attention...but better not just go in and startle it. It's loud Purr was more than clear he just wanted some attention.

"Why hello there! How is a very handsome little fella like you here? are you lost?" Ana coo, slowly reaching towards its head with her finger, making sure if it bite's she could pull back. It seem like a griffin....it's appearance gave it so but...they are usually never this small, she has seen countless but they are large and bulky creatures, even the babies are the size of a adult dog most if the time, this one...seem way to develop and acted as if of age, pygmy griffin? Little did Ana knew...this was one unique little friend. Here eyes and smile looking at the group to see what they thought. If did not bite she knew from the reaction of her little slime dropsies, this fluff of cuteness was more than so. Even forgetting slightly about the quest.

Genii Genii Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Astrophil Astrophil

Beryl

Beryl frowned, realising that the ugly snake wanted her to follow it. “What is it now?” She asked as she stepped out of her office.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

________

Percival

Percival snatched up Ramirez’s journal before any of the drinks could spill onto it. He too peered down to see what was going on and jumped slightly as the cat hopped onto the table.

Well, not quite a cat. “A griffin.” Percy smiled as the creature in front of them did a flip that flopped. “I thought they were bigger?” Maybe it was a baby. “I wonder where it came from?”

Astrophil Astrophil Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Yonsisac Yonsisac

'The Phantom Armory'.jpgConnor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

Interactions: Pierre ( Maxxob Maxxob ) and Meg ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )

-FADE FROM BLACK-

Connor's eyes looked to Pierre as they now rested beneath of the blankets, feeling a little sore from all of the excitement they had moments ago. Perhaps a little too much excitement in the heat of the moment, given the banging from what sounded like a broom coming from upstairs. Thousands of thoughts seemed to rush through her mind, though the one she seemed most inclined to act on was kissing him on the lips one last time. Her stomach growled hard and loud enough to swiftly ruin whatever hopes the two had for another round, as she then slipped out of bed and began cleaning herself up quick - a little thankful that she had brought the towel from the bath house with her. By the time she had fully donned all of her clothes again her armor reanimated itself again, opening up and putting itself on around her. She really did not like being seen outside of her armor while around rookies, though Pierre was one exception she was willing to make.
"Sorry to cut our personal time short, but I need to feast before doing anything else." Connor apologized as she adjusted her armor's cape, with the helmet slipping itself on before leaving her in control. As her hand went to open the door she turned back to Pierre, her visor opening up so that her eyes could look into his. "Feel free to come join me, food and drinks are on me tonight." She winked before leaving the bedroom with a massive smile, closing the door behind her before walking down towards the guild hall. Her dominant hand curled up into a fist as she held her hand on her chest, worries starting to build up in her heart as thoughts about the future came to mind. Do I genuinely have feelings towards him, or was it just a one time fling? Even if I do have feelings for him, would he feel the same towards me? Was there any chance of having a child out of wedlock? Would he stick around if I did have his child? Slipping off her helmet she swiftly slapped herself lightly on the cheek, snapping out of the downward spiral of thoughts as the aroma of food caught her attention. With her stomach keeping her thoughts focused on food and with her helmet protecting her head once more, she entered the guild hall full of... tension? The atmosphere inside the guild hall initially made her think that someone was poisoned, though the whispers her attentive ears picked up around her quickly told her otherwise. Seeing Meg at a glance with others around her, she quickly hurried over and put her hands on the table.

"Can you please fill me in on what happened?" Connor asked Meg loudly whilst looking at her, behind the visor of her helmet her emerald eyes were full of concern.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back