• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The pondering only lasted briefly before Rika came to suddenly realize that she was hungry. It’d been a few days since she’d had a full meals and surviving off of foliage would only maintain her for so long. The expenditure of energy from the earlier tumult of excitement had done its job to distract her from how hungry she truly was, while simultaneously exasperating the situation. Entering her room, she took notice to the mirror on the nearby vanity, the latter of which was rather poorly put together, if not outright desuetude, but served its due purpose. The first thing she took notice of was her skin, clear and clean from the bath, her svelte figure (largely obscured by the billowy night dress that stopped at her ankles), and then her hair. It had grown long down her back and, whilst wavy, curled in large coils at the tips… she smiled, and then looked over to the bag sitting on the bed.

There were still some letters that went unopened, but she knew ahead of time as to what their contents would largely entail. Sitting on the bed, she rummaged through the âumonière, going through her correspondences: A brief treatise from a sommelier turned cleric, the earlier charter declination, a letter involving the late Count Joanneson’s fiduciary estates, which, by now, she’d seen enough of to know that it meant absolutely nothing to her. The remaining contents were nothing worth noting, either.

The evening was still quite early on, and seeing as RIka was still hungry, she stood, placing her satchel under the bed while grabbing another five gold coins from the inner pouch. Colin was one of her favorite cooks and it would be nothing short of a dining iniquity to pay Barry for tea, but not pay the giant for his culinary mastery. She looked at her attire in the mirror once more… a night gown, but this wasn’t the estate, and besides… it was more than a bedsheet. Just for good measure, however, she put on a black flounce robe which extended equally to her ankles as the gown and tied its front close. Putting on some evening shoes, she grabbed her dagger from the satchel bag and tied it (the inn was still a public place, after all) to her right thigh, checking one last time to make sure that it wasn’t noticeable. Appearing more than well-to-do, she turned, exited the room, locked it behind herself, and proceeded back downstairs to the guild hall. It was time for a meal.
~​

Good. She used the proper term. Anat might already think she was an idiot for rightfully fearing Connor, but the least she could manage was to speak right. But then her heart caught. Her family. Her family cared so much that they would send help whenever she asked for it. It was an unexpected blow. Staggering her heart and stealing her breath. She closed her eyes to absorb it, then opened them to focus on Anat once more. “That is wonderful.” She breathed, a tremble running through her. “Absolutely wonderful. They must love you very much.

Balthazar
Possible interactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams / Alice Firelie Firelie /

To say the group was under prepared would’ve a gross understatement. The multitude of globins and daemons infesting the town was simply too much. While retreating, leaving his sturdy golem to help the villagers the best it could, the old magus was fortunate enough to run into his allies. Balthazar would hate having to leave his comrades to their own fate.

The sin is not in being outmatched, but failing to recognize it

The center of the guild’s hall bar, luckily empty, rumbled. The space contorted and twisted, a vertical cut, opening a slit in the very fabric of space. Dark, somber whispers, started to dissipate from the anomaly. It grew, horizontally, opening a passage. The inside of said mystical crevice was dark as the starless sky. An abyss of pure nothingness, which stretched infinitely to all directions. The whispers grew louder and louder, small dots of brightness decorating the previous, empty, void. From it, emerged Balthazar and his allies and, after the last one went through it, the portal closed behind them, the whispers dying down as it did. The old man took heavy breaths, his pale skin even paler than usual. Searching the nearest empty bench, he sat down as to not disgracefully collapse on the floor.

“Check your bits, see if nothing was left behind, like an arm or an ear” - he managed to blurt it out, between sucking and exhaling air. Taking his colorful hat off, he used it to fan himself, slowly, but steadily regaining his colors and his composure. What had left the man in such disarray was not the trip itself, but the fact that he was not alone. The amount of concentration he had to channel to make sure all of them made it, in one piece, was immeasurable. In fact, that was the very first time he had translocated others with him, a piece of information he would take to his grave. Still, while his search for knowledge was not satiated in the quest, he learned something new about his own abilities.

Last edited:
Interactions: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo , wondering about Percy and Ramirez. Reacting to the group Maxxob Maxxob came with

Ana smiled and looked back and nodded agreeing "Yes they do..." Ana glad she has her family on her back, in a way, but not all were so friendly, and hopes there was no need to bring the fee bad apples out of there cage. Ana was alredy a bit emotional inside, thinking of the fact her curse was all she knew. But wishing not to dig to deep in to it, Ana straighten up and clear her throat "alright! Well Meg let's get some food, you really seemed hungry, while we do we can check the board, sounds good?" Ana said arriving at the guild hall and blossoming as always. She smiled as she found a empty spot, walking and pulling two seats, one for her and Meg "sit down I will go get the food, do you...have any prefferd food or the daily will do? I mean as far I heard...if they can do it, they will besides what's alredy avalible." She asked, the smell of culinary art draging itself around the air, but ana felt maybe a light meal will do for her. She was not that hungry. And at the same time her eyes dragged around wonder where Ramirez and Percy were...I think we kept them waiting a bit to long.

As Ana stood there, she felt a odd sensation befor the spell, a tingling trip down her spine, her curse reacting to a sudent...magical force coming. Blind eyes could see magic as a viper would see heat, her pale pearl eyes stared an yet empty area in the center of the room began to glow pure white for her only, a "gift" of her curse as the slowly growing magic revealed itself fully. She doubt it was evil, she can see magic...not who dose it. But as soon, a tear, a rift appeared in the middle of the room and from it, who she presumed hunters began to walk through.. one of this glowing more than the rest for her sight...a Clear proficient magic user...she kept here eyes on them for a bit. Impressed and distracted at the man....impressive

Last edited:
Guild Hall
Maxxob Maxxob
"Gaaaaah!" Siwai slumped down on his knees after stumbling through the portal. "Unforgivable... absolutely... unforgivable!" He choked down tears and slammed a fist into the tavern floor.
"How could I let all those people down like that?!" The kobold blamed himself for his failure on the job, the fight he put up had been his best, but there must have been something else he could have done.

Infirmary
Morgana set to work on the Leshen, using all of her skills to expertly dissect parts and turn them into powders, oils, and various other forms.
She took a variety of ingredients from the forest that she had harvested and began the long process of Alchemical combination. Morgana would be at work for at least all night before any results could be gleaned.

Callan & Beryl

Inebriated at the bar, Callan’s feathered wing’s ruffled up on their own, as the portal suddenly opened in the centre of the room. He shuddered and put his mug down, assuming he’d had too much to drink.

“How many times…” Beryl was heading over to give Balthazar a piece of her mind (for teleporting into the guildhall again), but her cross expression turned to one of concern as she saw the state of her returning Hunters.

“Ok, out with it. What happened?” The Half-orc got straight to the point as she looked over each of the hunters.

Maxxob Maxxob nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Firelie Firelie

Genii Genii Maxxob Maxxob Firelie Firelie
Siwai wiped mist from his eyes and blood from the corner of his mouth. He stood up and brushed past Beryl "I don't want to talk about it." He went to make his way around the half orc, heading towards the guild's training yard.
His body had been slashed and cut, swellings, bruises and burn marks covered his back and sides. "Gonna punch some stuff."

Balthazar
Interactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams / Berryl Genii Genii / Anat Yonsisac Yonsisac / Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

“And it fell…” - the old man commented, looking at the roof of the inn. His connection with the golem was severed, destroyed. He felt the creature crumbling, like a house of cards. The breath of life escaping the amalgamation of rocks, dirt and vines. Placing his hat on his lap, he took his glasses off and rubbed his forehead, massaging the wrinkled temples on his face. He watched the despair of his guild mate, Siwai, on the floor, letting out his rage, distraught. The boy had a strong sense of duty, but he was still naïve. Such naivety is usually obliterated with time and, those that fail in doing so, do not become old as Balthazar. Dangling, from the very edge of the abyss: will he hoist himself up or let the darkness consume him? Putting his glasses back on, he looked at his comrade - “Let not this failure define you, but let it push your boundaries” - the wizard said, wearing his hat once again. His voice was solemn, his gaze stern.

Having recovered his breath, he felt a new, most curious energy emanating from someone nearby. Turning his head, he saw someone looking at him: a woman, dressed in bright, clerical clothes. The energies, which were pretty hard for him to decipher, he had picked up certainly came from her. Another arcane dabbler, such as himself, meddling with the forces that some fools say it is best to be left untapped. Preposterous! His interest and curiosity were piqued. Feeling the confidence in his balance returning, the old magus got up from the bench. Giving his kobold-avian comrade another glance, the man concluded - “I do hope we join forces once more. I’ll witness your advancement” - the geezer’s expression was relaxed, friendly, turning his back on the martial artist, he focused his attention on the guild mistress.

“Things developed not particularly in our favor” - he explained, looking at Berryl - “The town is lost, the quest giver possibly dead. Overwhelming numbers, unending, up to where my eyes could see. A bloodbath” - the old magus crossed his arms. Thinking if there was anything else to report. After Siwai had made his way out of the Guild Hall Bar, he continued - “Leave him. Only he knows what sort of wound he sustained during this quest. His pride must have been shattered… but time is the greatest of remedies” - Balthazar concluded, looking at the half-orc. “Perhaps a much larger party was needed. Eight or nine… and even then…” - he shook his head negatively. While his youth may be spent, his soul gleamed with hundreds of campaigns. And that was his professional assessment, not vanity about his own capabilities. “If you'll excuse me…” - he gave the female a nod and made his way towards the source of the energy he had picked up earlier.

The old man simply could never overcome his curiosity of the arcane forces. It attracted, called him, like a bee to a flower. As much knowledge he had floating inside his think-tank, there was always more to be learned. And Balthazar was not shy of studying it, much on the contrary. He was happy, glad to have left the Grand-Principality. If he hadn’t done so, he would be stuck with the orthodox teachings of magic. Those men and women, who prided themselves with being the greatest wizards, fell short due to their own imagination. Traditionalism to the point of asphyxiation. He could only imagine their faces if all the knowledge he had acquired up to that point was revealed in front of them.

“I sense the arcane energies within you. Unbeknownst to me, new, refreshing” - the wizard told the woman, in a somewhat enigmatic way. He only then noticed the girl at her side. Long blond hair, extremely young. But those were trivial things for the old magus, as he saw something else, what really mattered: a sliver of latent energy, from what he could perceive - “Ah, you remind me of myself, more than half a century ago. Nurture it, and you will become a great magus”. It looked like the poor old man’s brain had forgotten all about societal norms. Maybe the exhaustion of the teleportation was still taking its toll - “Mmmm… apologies. I am Balthazar and, despite what some may have said, I didn’t die or blew myself up in some cave” - he laughed, in a lighter tone.

Maxxob Maxxob
"Balthazar..." Siwai stopped at the door. His hand placed on the handle. "...Thanks. For savin' my life with that portal." He shot a quick glance at the old wizard. "See ya 'round."
And he went outside into the training yard.

Beryl

A failed quest certainly wasn’t a rare occurrence for the guild, but never on the scale of what Balthazar had described.

Beryl advised them all to check in with Hannah the healer, then mentioned something about needing to write to guild headquarters and The King. She left for her office and it would be in everyone’s best interest not to disturb the Half-orc for a while.

Guild Hall
Pestle watched the returned members carefully. He tracked Siwai most of all. Morgana would be interested in that creature.
The serpent slithered down off the bar, and looked around the room. He tasted the air to catch Morgana's trail. It led to the infirmary, but the python had no way to open the door. The half orc seemed like one with authority. If Pestle could somehow get them to open the door, that would be good. He followed Beryl.

Training Area
Siwai stepped out into the yard. He breathed out raggedly, expelling his rage. He settled down in a corner and began to stretch in preparation for the workout he was about to do.

Interaction: Meg and Balthazar Lost Echo Lost Echo Maxxob Maxxob

Ana stood sentinel watching but soon realize that this was alot more serius than just teleporting. Beryl came out, an injured kobold and beat up hunters "oh dear..." Ana said clenching her homy symbol wishing the best, seems things were rough. And soon as she stood the wizards sight layed on them, as he began approaching, was he gonna ask for help? What happen? Seems alot if things have ended on the wrong end today.

As the elder man aproched them Ana was a supriced as he seems to feel her magical aptitude, she noded "equally here sir, seems we both are a bit aware what we persive from each other" she said with a sly smile, as he complimented Meg, Ana could not stop but agree to its fullest, Meg had potential. And Ana wished she would nurture it and, she is willing to do anything for Meg to be able to learn new abilities and prowes.

"Anat, it's a plesure meeting you, this is Meg. I imagen, you might have not blown yourself in a cave, but you seem...to have seen better days. I hope those in your group are alright" gesturing towards those who came with him, even the kobold that left. "What happen?" Especially worried.

Last edited:
Balthazar
Interactions: Anat Yonsisac Yonsisac / Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

The old wizard nodded slightly, when the woman mentioned them perceiving each other skills. Indeed, it was almost uncanny how practitioners of magic had this attunement to find others with similar skills. Maybe their skills bonded them together, like threads of a crochet yarn. Now, closer to both women, he had noticed one thing about the one in clerical garbs: her eyes were devoid of any color. In fact, there was no pupil to be seen. This intrigued him, but he wouldn’t ask about it. Even more, to someone he had just met. It would be very uncouth of him to do so. When the same revealed both her own name, and the name of the younger girl which was close to her, Balthazar repeated the names to himself - “Anat… Meg…It is a pleasure to meet both of you as well.” Saying that, the man drawn the tome, which was fixated on his belt. A ritual, one that he had reproduced so many times. The tome was being held in his left hand, open in a blank page. As a part of the said ritual, his free hand reached inside his robes in search of his smoking pipe. But alas, it grasped nothingness. As much as he searched for it, it was nowhere in his persona. A heavy sigh of disappointment left his lips, but he would have to do it without it.

His hand then went towards the next target, his quill. He took it out and started to scribe the tome in ornate symbols. But that wasn’t to say he was ignoring the woman in front of him, since as soon as his hand had the object, his gaze was back at his interlocutor - “I am not in my best shape, I must admit” - he laughed lightly, as if trying to dispel her worries. But in reality, he knew he would have to go to the infirmary sooner rather than later - “From the circumstances we were in, they are unbroken. At least… their bodies are, that I can attest." After being content with the notes he had taken, his gaze shifted to Meg. Starting the process again, he began writing down in the next available page - “What happened… mmm…” - the old magus repeated those words, his attention going back to Anat - “... a quest that ended up terribly. Crumbling buildings, fiery ruins. The smoldering smell of burning f-...” Balthazar stopped himself, before concluding his sentence. Was he correct on divulging such information to them? Disheartening young adventurers… it would be nothing short of a crime. But… rose-tinted glasses could be way too dangerous - “There were many losses… too many to count. It was one of the possible outcomes. Things don’t always pan out for the best.” The elderly man had a serious expression on his face as he said those words - “Our comrades, however, are back and alive. That is worth more than any reward. Priceless.” When he concluded, his eyes fixed on an object that the cleric-garbed carried: a book or a grimoire. There was something amiss in it, but the wizard could not put his finger on what it was.

Beryl

Beryl made it to her office. In her haste, the door was left slightly ajar and the half-orc busied herself trying to find parchment, ink and a quill.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

_____

Percival

“I’m famished.” All the questing and talk about cake had made him even more so. Percival carefully closed Ramirez’s book and stood up. “Do you mind if I borrow this… just for a little while?”

______

Callan

“You s-still wanna star?” Callan proposed to Tobias, clearly sozzled though he was fighting it. “… spar.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Meg had never gone hungry. One thing about by raised by cook was that meals came at a steady rate. There was always food to nibble on between tasks if she was hungry. Still, she was surprised by Anat’s rush to get to the guild hall. It took her halfway to the table for her to realize the other woman was upset. Maybe love wasn’t the right response. Meg was a terrible person for feeling better about that. They could be friends. Meg would help where her family wouldn’t. Sitting, she shrugged, “Anything is fine.” She figured the magician needed some time to compose herself, and there was nothing better than being busy to help with that.

Suddenly, a light started to grow in the center of the room, quickly reaching painful levels. Crying out, Meg squeezed her eyes shut, holding her head in her hands. It felt like she was stabbed. It took her a moment to realize it must have been magic, but she had never seen magic that strong. A panting, heaving noise pierced through the pain, though she did not dare raise her head to look, even when a wheezing voice told people to check for their parts?

The slamming fist and anger made her look though. It was never a good idea to ignore anger. Especially when it was in the same room as you. Some winged-bird?-whatever it was creature was sobbing. She hadn’t realized monsters could cry. Her heart broke looking at it, but she just stared, unsure if it would lash out if she got near. An old guy, who still seemed to sparkle to her, spoke up, encouraging the creature before it ran off, possibly to get rid of its anger without hurting someone? She’d seen men unable to do that. What did that mean?

But then he answered the guild leader’s inquiry. It was hard to swallow her fear at the horror he espoused. Like the holes quest, this one was mislabeled, but instead of barely surviving one monster, it was an entire town dead. Meg knew that the town would have died without them regardless, but somehow to try and fail seemed so much worse.

Rubbing the gooseflesh that rose on her arms, she glanced at Anat, before realizing that the old guy was coming toward them. He was dressed oddly, a gown covered in stars and a pointed hat now back on his head. He spoke straight out, not bothering to introduce himself. Meg couldn’t figure out if the arcane energies he spoke of were complimentary, but after he continued she was sure. A grin crossed her face, pleased to have chosen well with her new friend. Well, she already thought Anat was a great magus, but if this man could transport so many people from whatever town they’d come in seconds, he must truly be legendary.

Anat answered like the mage she was, speaking of the secrets they both perceived. Meg kept quiet, as she expressed concerns and curiosity, merely nodding her head in agreement, when finished the introduction. She watched as he immediately pulled out a large book that sparkled like Anat’s opening it. It looked blank to her, beyond the glint, and it took him some effort to find his quill. He started to draw symbols? They certainly weren’t pictures of anything, or well, nothing she could make out upsidedown. He brushed off his health, something Meg doubted was any measure of fine (look at his age, let alone everything else!) She flinched as he spoke of the terrible quest, trying to resist the urge to hug herself. The cap to her waterskin strained, as she unconsciously pulled on the water in fear.

Maybe it wasn’t the wisest idea to join the guild. He might have brought them back, but surely they shouldn’t have been sent with so few people. Or had they been distracted by the town in dire straits, and abandoned their original quest?

Alice Evergarden

Alice stared with shellshocked confusion at the wizard who had so suddenly removed her from the predicament back in town. A lot had happened in such a short time, not that it really mattered. Not anymore. The wizard was all that mattered now. A humble seeker of knowledge interested in the magics of all. How had she not seen it earlier? Alice didn’t even clock Beryl or Siwai.

Not even the subconscious act of keeping her breath steady or her footfalls certain came to her as she stumbled towards the man, possessed by greater resolve. Until she fell, her feet fell from under her and she tumbled to the floor. Atleast she would have were it not for the pale smoke that became her form as she disappeared into Balthezer’s shadow.

“Two hours. My room, meet me. Four knocks, I answer. We have to talk.” The disembodied whisper was harsh next to the mans ear, sharp and thick with bitter emotion, a sharp contrast to the same voice’s usual cheery countenance.

Then, just as quickly as it came it was gone, Alice along with it, leaving the wizard once more in the company of the lively guild hall.

Upstairs, in the shadowed corner of Alice’s quaint room, the witch emerged. She rushed to her doll cabinent with heaving breaths and trembling hands. Hurriedly she flung open the doors and began rifling through the objects she so lovingly once knew as her darlings. Her silly hobby was nothing now in light of the horrible itch. The unending buzz that flitted just at the precipice of the mind, screeching out. Vying for escape, to become truth once again. Alice couldn’t let it. She yanked out a curly haired blonde porcelain doll. The artisan’s piece didn’t stand a chance against the corner of the desk as Alice slammed its head against the wood. Hurriedly she dived two fingers into the jagged hole of the dolls body. She fished out a vial no bigger than a gold coin filled with swimming black liquid. Alice sighed in relief and smiled at the jar, her savior. In one hand she popped it open, her other hand hovering over her crimson iris. She knew what she had to do, and she knew she wouldn’t enjoy it.

Maxxob Maxxob

Last edited:
Truant arrivals had apparently made their way back to the Inn, as the Guildhall was in what appeared to be a brief uproar. Whilst the wizard of factitious asterisms detailed the events that had come to pass, the massacre of a nearby town, eliding no details of what had clearly been a harrowing experience, Rika drew in the measure of the beleaguered guildsmen. Whatever had transpired, had done so in a town somewhere in the northeast, several miles removed from the road she’d taken to Colby. As if that prospect wasn’t worrying enough, even Beryl, upon reception of the news, appeared visibly beset, a rarity in itself, and immediately made for her office.

There were several familiar faces. The wizard, whom Rika made it a point to avoid, lest he bombard her with the inquiries he’d already taken to task upon the two unfortunate young women presently before him. Siwai, whom Rika couldn’t exactly understand why she favored him, perhaps it was his small stature that housed such a big heart, that earned him her succor; his heart that he wore on his sleeve, which was clearly broken for the loss that he and his comrades had suffered, and for the innumerable people that had likely perished as a result. Alice, who’d earned Rika’s admiration for her skills as a magic user. Speaking of, Alice had hissed something into the wizard's ear and then vanished.

Then it struck her… for a group of veterans such as this to have failed seemingly so miserably… a malevolent shroud suddenly fell upon Rika, realizing why Beryl had made for her office in such haste: For such a thing to have happened and so nearby was disconcerting at best and alarming at its worst. Rika had neglected to inform the woman of her progress involving the charter, that it would do any good, especially now that there were far more pressing matters of greater immediacy that needed her attention… but it was then that she remembered— the correspondence from the Marquis. She’d left it on Beryl’s desk to be burned later, and hadn’t informed the half-orc of its contents. Whilst initially the girl had come downstairs for one of Colin’s meals, it would apparently have to wait. Without stopping at a table, Rika made after the Inn’s proprietor to her office, stopping at the door and tremulously knocking. The once slightly ajar door opened just a little wider. In her haste, she'd barely taken notice of the literal python nearby. Rika couldn’t have picked a worse time to pester the woman, but it was imperative that she remedy her blunder before the letter’s contents cost her what little refuge she had left at the inn. “Mistress Beryl?” She said quietly. Interesting how Beryl always became “mistress” when smarmy blandishment was the order of the day. “Could we speak for a moment?

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Genii Genii Maxxob Maxxob Firelie Firelie

Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo ((apologies I forgot to tag you earlier when Pestle wandered away from Tobias)) Oli Beju Oli Beju
Beryl's Office
Pestle, unaware of the humanoid custom of privacy, entered the guild master's office behind Rika. He nudged the door ever so slightly on his way through. For a snake weighing almost 100 pounds he made very little sound while gliding along the floor. His odor however... betrayed his presence greatly.

Training Yard
Siwai carefully went through his stretches, just like he grew up learning at the monastery. Once he finished those, he immediately went over to some of the standing wood mannequins and unleashed a torrent of punches upon them. The wood splintered under his fists, drawing beads of blood from his knuckles. Finishing the barrage, he rounded and executed a leaping crescent kick on a hanging leather bag filled with sand on the ceiling. On the way down he did a backflip, landed, and ran to launch a stepping side kick into another mannequin. He screamed "toryaaaa!" as he kicked at the mannequin splitting it in the middle on impact, sending straw and wood splinters cascading on the floor and wall.
The mannequin fell in half, hitting the ground as Siwai dropped into a ready stance, and breathed out again. He prepared to launch another round of attacks on the unsuspecting training equipment.

Interaction: Balthazar and Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo Maxxob Maxxob
Addendum: This is what i call a intense first day....

Ana kept her glance on him. Her thoughts being the best of her as the man began to take notes, seems his curiosity, or whatever he was doing was quick. Searching through his pocket trying to obtain something, his sigh and soon a quill as he wrote....Ana would like to ask what he was doing but, a researcher, she could tell obviously what he was doing. At the moment when information is fresh best take notes as quick as possible before it fades. Well she thought even do at a glance she could not understand the symbols, it was her best guess as too why he would do such a thing. But her eyes distracted at the more injuries the man had, he was in a bad shape and clearly, he thought his passion was first. The details of how the quest was a dangerous fiery endeavor and now some dead possibly. Ana was mixed of worry and thoughtfulness. Failure is to be expected in some events but this seem rather serious more than it could be. And judging from those who came back, casualties were obvious. She had the urges to walk towards the infirmary and lend aid if she could but, she was just a rookie and maybe she was in no position as of now. "Most importantly some maded out, and guild members at that, but in the shape they are in, hope they recover...god's plea" she said as a notion to her god to hear and help them, the people around seem arise and speaking of what is happening or asking. "You look no better, best you go and proceed to the infirmary if able, i could help but a professional of greater capability than me is best". Soon she caught the eyes of the elderly man staring down her book...guess he could feel the magic in it. God forbid he is able to see its true nature of the book. A cursed prison.

Her blank gaze stared at the wizard and smiled as he seem curious, wishing not to call to much attention to, basically, her curse and especially with so many people around. But this man....he seem a lot wiser than her, with such magic and maybe years of experience far from hers, maybe...he could help her find the answers hidden in plain sight and as far she knew...this man is a official veteran. Meg also seem curious and hiding the true nature from a friend was not advisable, and if going on a quest, last thing she wants is to scare meg, especially since if Connor with her phantom armor could fright her, she did not want to be one more factor. Make her think that they were evil as there appearance was very misleading. She pondered and came with a conclusion "You seem rather intrigued, maybe after you have correct medical care, i can satiate your curiosity." she said with a smile hiding her true intentions as of now. And smiled at Meg as she should know to. Ana was a child in the grand scheme of things and for the longest time, even to her family, she never got straight answers of the damned book. "Unless you....are ok?" she asked seeming....very doubtful he was, gesturing to the seat on the table. Its best he get medical care but forcing what seem a man far more hunting experience than her, he must know his limits...right?

What was she thinking? The man came from a failed quest and injured with some dead. That could wait, maybe after, many things are happening all at once in this hall, it's day one as well. She sat down on the table rubbing her chin. This....was a intence first day, now she was worried of going on a quest herself....Meg was right....what is the god's name is happening? It only made Ana think these quest where far more than they seem. But she was calm at the situation regarding telling Meg and Balthazar if it comes to light how the book truly worked,as Berryl does know what the book Truly is, she cant lie to the Guild master. So in any case, she had a way to backup to in case wrong ideas came. But with a sigh she relaxed a bit "Meg can i be...honest with you....I think you were right" she said hinting at the fact she herself stated that these quest were misleading....Now Ana had not fear...but doubts of going with a small group in her first quest...she did not wanted to...well end like this or like Megs situation. Her hunger dissipated mostly wondering if the rest are ok. Thinking of her first quest how would go...

Callan

“Wouldn’t ‘ave asked if I wasn’t… you scared or s-summin’?” Callan got up and pushed himself away from the bar.

“C’mon rookie… ‘bout time we ‘ad a rematch.” The Siren challenged with a slur. He shouldered his way though the guildhall and out into the training yard.

There were a few racks of wooden weapons lining the courtyard walls, which Callan made a meandering beeline for.

Percival

“Thank you. I shall study it, then return it to you just as I found it.” Percival promised. He stepped out of the Veteran’s room and led the way back downstairs to the guildhall.

Even though they’d missed Balthazar and company’s dramatic return to the Inn, the hall had taken on a tense atmosphere. A few hunters were speaking in hushed voices and looking concerned.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

______

Beryl (npc)

Beryl looked to be in a bad temper, but invited Rika in. “Yes, what is it?” She barked as she continued to search for her writing materials.

The guild master’s face scrunched up in disgust as the rank smell of Pestle reached her nose. Did Rika just… ?

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Oli Beju Oli Beju

No sooner had Rika opened the door than the scent of the dilapidated snake pervaded the room. Clearly, Beryl needed her alone time for more than the ostensible reason. Quickly and quietly, Rika slid into the room, quickly scanning the area for the letter, trying to remember where on Beryl’s desk she’d left it while simultaneously not alluding to the half-orc that she was practically scoping out the woman’s private office. “I— I wanted to ask about the next step. That town wasn’t terribly far from here, and if more guildsmen need to be sent… well…” She suddenly realized that she was making no eye contact with the half-orc and looked up at her to meet her gaze. “… will they?; Need to be sent? Or..." a sudden jolt of honest concern amidst her already perilous fears... "...might we need assistance from the south?

Genii Genii nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Beryl (npc)

“We’re hunters, not heroes.” Beryl reminded as she grabbed whatever parchment she could find - it was the letter Rika was searching for. She briefly read the header, but as the paper wasn’t blank the Half-orc threw it aside.

“I won’t be sending anyone back out there. If entire villages are being targeted, then this is a matter for the crown.” That may have sounded harsh, but making such calls was her duty. The lives of her hunters came first. Always.

Oli Beju Oli Beju nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back