• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hidden; OOC {Closed}

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Wow. This was becoming a problem? I thought it was pretty self-explanatory myself. I don't see where anyone should have gotten confused. Unless they were getting way too deep into the living arrangements.
I understand why it got confusing haha. People like to know why things are happening and I am happy to explain my reasoning. I'm not perfect and I make mistakes so I am happy I have respectful RPers who can point them out without just saying it's stupid or they don't like it and giving me nothing to work with.

I kinda got just a little too in character and I don't know how to get back on track without meta-gaming like crazy. So I guess the hallway is my dorm now?
lol maybe she needs to hurry to her place of rest tonight to bless the ground from nightmares?? idk xD

Oh and so there is still chances to create a second character then? You mentioned at some point before that you would like to see more Fae and Elementals right? I contemplated a Siren but I just don't see how to write that sort of character. Anyone who does has my respect and envy.

Oh and so there is still chances to create a second character then? You mentioned at some point before that you would like to see more Fae and Elementals right? I contemplated a Siren but I just don't see how to write that sort of character. Anyone who does has my respect and envy.
Yes, you can write the CS for one and I will let you know when you can put them in play :)

I'll have my post up where Sakari's heading to her room in a sec!

EasternGhost EasternGhost
Getting way too deep into the subject, you mean like with the nonexistent leader position? Just like that?

littleberry littleberry
See that makes sense but I just feel like giving a bunch of teenagers total freedom to shape their living arrangements at will is just not the best call, if the purpose is to teach unity and responsability at all. You don't learn that in a magically rearranging mansion you learn that by making do.

Game-wise, limitation breeds creativity and all that. Faculty being able to shift rooms slightly if necessary would be sensical but otherwise it feels like way too much, way too soon, with the rooming situations you described being perfectly doable on a more fixed, regular space. And with magic perfect rooms there's less reason for creative situations like Krr going off to find a swamp to call home.

And before you say stuff about PMs, I'm talking about it here because that way everyone can see it and pitch in, it's a community thing that affects all players after all so transparency is pretty dang important.

Getting way too deep into the subject, you mean like with the nonexistent leader position? Just like that?

littleberry littleberry
See that makes sense but I just feel like giving a bunch of teenagers total freedom to shape their living arrangements at will is just not the best call, if the purpose is to teach unity and responsability at all. You don't learn that in a magically rearranging mansion you learn that by making do.

Game-wise, limitation breeds creativity and all that. Faculty being able to shift rooms slightly if necessary would be sensical but otherwise it feels like way too much, way too soon, with the rooming situations you described being perfectly doable on a more fixed, regular space. And with magic perfect rooms there's less reason for creative situations like Krr going off to find a swamp to call home.

And before you say stuff about PMs, I'm talking about it here because that way everyone can see it and pitch in, it's a community thing that affects all players after all so transparency is pretty dang important.
Yep. Just like that Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex Zerohex

Last edited:

littleberry littleberry

I understand your point.

Mine is that Krr did go off to find a swamp instead. Just because you have a tool doesn't mean it fits in YOUR character's personality to use it.

Yes I could have it where only the Faculty would be able to shift the rooms... but then I would be doing that since I am Faculty. It is easier (a weak excuse I know) to just give you all the power to do that on your own.

**(Currently in the process of making an NPC character list which will have basic basic info and will be posted in Lore btw if anyone is interested)

The goal of the campus in writing is to teach unity and responsibility yes, but talking reasons IC then you must remember a lot of these kids are from very VERY well connected families who want the BEST for their little perfect angels.

Now using Scion Scion 's suggestion about the RA I will make that character so I can have them monitor you all and perhaps put limitations or punishment on behavior and actions. Like if they put in a home gym and all the other residents are complaining about the noise or smell then they will go in and *snap* it's gone and their privilege is gone. Also you will be away from your rooms A LOT of the time so the staff could see the perk as something nice you can return to as a "sorry you almost died and will continue to always almost die haha!"

I will add limitations since you asked for them and I want you to know i do listen to your advice. No creating bathrooms. No creating more than four rooms and no creating different floors. No in home theaters or computer lab or high tech gaming systems.

I understand your point.

Mine is that Krr did go off to find a swamp instead. Just because you have a tool doesn't mean it fits in YOUR character's personality to use it.

Yes I could have it where only the Faculty would be able to shift the rooms... but then I would be doing that since I am Faculty. It is easier (a weak excuse I know) to just give you all the power to do that on your own.

**(Currently in the process of making an NPC character list which will have basic basic info and will be posted in Lore btw if anyone is interested)

The goal of the campus in writing is to teach unity and responsibility yes, but talking reasons IC then you must remember a lot of these kids are from very VERY well connected families who want the BEST for their little perfect angels.

Now using Scion Scion 's suggestion about the RA I will make that character so I can have them monitor you all and perhaps put limitations or punishment on behavior and actions. Like if they put in a home gym and all the other residents are complaining about the noise or smell then they will go in and *snap* it's gone and their privilege is gone. Also you will be away from your rooms A LOT of the time so the staff could see the perk as something nice you can return to as a "sorry you almost died and will continue to always almost die haha!"

I will add limitations since you asked for them and I want you to know i do listen to your advice. No creating bathrooms. No creating more than four rooms and no creating different floors. No in home theaters or computer lab or high tech gaming systems.

No idea why but I chuckled when I thought of great big and bad vampires, werewolves, and phoenix's sitting around playing a gaming console, and then one complains that the other cheated using magic and all that insanity that conversation would bring about.

I understand your point.

I am, if I remember correctly only one of the teachers got a line so far so more info is nice.

The trick is to magic some air freshener to cover up the smell and sound proof the walls. Also some actual AC doesn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back