• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hidden; Main Thread IC {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

littleberry

Always giving Free Hugs
The Hidden
1560456-bigthumbnail.jpg

The fog lifted and before you there was an island. You rode in on a small ferry, the captain a Siren male. The entire hour trip from the mainland, he sung of his lost love. It filled the air with a sense of longing and hope. As if something you desired… was almost in reach. Each of you was on the ferry but compelled by the song to stay quiet… Sirens have that effect on those whose minds are not completely focused. And who could be focused? Going to the Academy… a mythical place you have been shipped off to for whatever reason. Your entire knowledge, if you posses any, of clan life is to stay away at a safe distance from the others. Now...well now everything has changed.

When you arrive at the dock you are given a letter from Head Mistress Adira. It reads;

Welcome to Prapos Academy my fellow Hiddens. My name is Headmistress Adira.

It is an honor for your clan that you have been admitted. Prapos offers the most diverse schooling for the “magic inclined” children of the “Hidden world”. As we all know, rarely do clans mix, marry or even become friends outside their own people. But now our leader of the Hidden, a phoenix clan member, is married to an Elven girl. Times have changed. We must teach our future generations how to control their gifts AS WELL as socialize with the other clans. If not... Our leader fears for our survival in this advance technological world of the humans.

You, along with others, have been chosen to be a representative for your clan, your friends, and your family. You are our future.

Thanks to the Hidden of the past;
Blessings to the Hidden of today;
Let us not be Hidden tomorrow.

The classic Hidden mantra ends the note in an ominous tone considering what you are trying to accomplish. You are shown to a double decker bus that will drive you to the School. Looking around you finally take in all of the others around you. Every clan is represented… some glare at you, some sit by themselves, most sit together in their own groups. Your journey has officially begun.

Let’s hope you survive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Group A:
Faculty Supervisor: Aleva Bryning (Phoenix; Female)
Snow Kindrick: littleberry littleberry
Leon Adar: Duwang Duwang
Torrin Sarenich: AGent87 AGent87
Evelyn Lemaighe: sophie. sophie.

Group B:
Faculty Supervisor: Alice Evanora (Witch; Female)
Martyr: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Sorya Shuhali al Belka: DrBones DrBones
Krrr: Scion Scion
Galynthia Aash: girl_on_fire girl_on_fire

Group C:
Faculty Supervisor: Sen Alvra (Fae; Male)
Madeleine Collingwood: KnightOfNight KnightOfNight
Artemis: TeikiFox TeikiFox
Azazel Minaz: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Lucy Venus: Shining Wizard Shining Wizard
Theodore "Teddy" Greco: Zerohex Zerohex

Group D
Faculty Supervisor: Bliez Ingouf (Wolf; Male)
Yumi Koizawa: Fluffer Fluffer
Charlotte Paige Rhodes: Scion Scion
Aeri "Hope" Happael: CallSign CallSign
Axus Windico: Hubub101 Hubub101
Dro Sicarii: EasternGhost EasternGhost

Group E:
Faculty Supervisor: Poppy Dunford (Elemental; Female)
Marcilyn Eldritch: M03M03 M03M03
Tristan Ardor: Fluxbauble Fluxbauble
Sephoriah Anth-Umbra: Scarlett Wyverne Scarlett Wyverne

NPC Group:
Gotras Eldro: @Darth
Sakari Akiak Hitkar-Bear: @Kasime

Roommate List: (Will be updated when the rest of the CS get in! )

TeikiFox TeikiFox and KnightOfNight KnightOfNight : Artemis and Madeleine
littleberry littleberry and Scion Scion : Snow and Charlotte
Hubub101 Hubub101 and EasternGhost EasternGhost and Fluxbauble Fluxbauble : Axus and Dro and Tristan Ardor
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 and Scion Scion : Azazel and Krrr
Shining Wizard Shining Wizard and DrBones DrBones : Lucy and Soraya
sophie. sophie. and girl_on_fire girl_on_fire : Evelyn and Galynthia
Duwang Duwang and Darth Darth and Zerohex Zerohex : Leon and Gotras and "Teddy"
CallSign CallSign and Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 and Kasime Kasime : "Hope" and Martyr and Sakari
M03M03 M03M03 and Scarlett Wyverne Scarlett Wyverne : Marcilyn and Sephoriah
Fluffer Fluffer and AGent87 AGent87 : Yumi and Torrin

Last edited:
Snow

3b470e4e74c607d3c2b6dd6ab927b03d.jpg

Snow looked around in awe before her. How could such a huge island be… well all thiers? The Siren on the ferry had made her head turn to heavier thoughts… would she do well? Would she and the other witches be bullied and looked down on by the other clans like they always were? Would… would she make any friends?

Her one friend… he didn’t make it past the manifestation of his powers. Almost everyone she knew in the social circles she was allowed to keep didn’t. And those who had, well she was too scared to get close to them. Her mother always talked about how even though pureblood Hiddens were more powerful, those who had one human parent tended to survive more. The weak always have larger numbers her mother said. Snow pointed out they had the largest clan… she was grounded for a week.

Know your place but never believe it. That was what her father, her Aunt, her Mother, her tutors always rammed into her head. Know that you have no power or respect among the other clans but never believe that. Witches will come into power one day but till then know your place. Know your place, Know your place, Knowyourplace, KnowYourPlaceKnowYourPlaceKnowYourPla- Snow paused looking up at the bus. She took in a breath, walking up the steps a little slower than the Phoenix girl behind her liked. With a shove, Snow was pushed into the wide isle. The inside of the bus was much bigger than the outside showed. Looking at the driver, Snow knew her as a Witch. Ah… spell work. How obvious.

Snow bit her lip, looking around… now was the hardest first test ever.

Where the heck did she sit?

Krr

This trip bothered Krr. These things moved like the outsiders did, via strange machinery, they did not swim or wade through the muck and mire. Of course Krr was expecting these outsiders to be savages but they did not even manipulate the correct machinery. The machines of the outsiders that tried to enter the sacred swamp. It lacked the proper whirring blades. But despite this Krr did not pay much mind to the ship itself and would simply pace about and adjust a strap of the overalls.

Krr already missed the swamps. But Uhhhruugh, Guuruuraaa, Rrrak, Mhhru and the many others of the bask would keep the marsh safe and pure. The waters there would never go tainted like the waters they rode above, deprived off the sustenance of the rotting plants and the great creatures that roamed it. The bask would protect it as they had did for many, many ages and lunar cycles as they did before Krr. And they had decreed that Krr needed to champion the values of the bayou at this place.

So Krr would. But that did not mean they were going to like it.

Eventually they had reached their destination, a savage land that was home to no true life. Krr let out an annoyed guttural roar in his native tongue, that of the Bayou, "Mraaagrr..." With a gloved hand the swamp creature simply grabbed at stared at this, thing. After several seconds of uninterrupted staring Krr simply, threw it aside, neglecting to notice various people pushing from behind suggesting 'move your fat ass'.

The bask had no use for such things, so why would Krr have any use of it? Krr eyed the outsiders that were already present, many seemed to have intents that were like that of the hunt, others were wary like the lost fish. Rolling shoulders around Krr decided of what the best course of action would be, which was simply occupying a seat near the front.

-----------
Charlotte Paige Rhodes
Charlotte was, well let's just say she was very, very, very glad this trip to this place was over. After finding a place to stow-away to avoid having to look at that, horrible, horrible menace that was always lurking and preparing to destroy or as more rational people would say, ocean they traversed across. God these people couldn't spring for like a plane? What cheapskates!

Whatever. It could've been worse maybe.

At least she got a chance to lather up with her SPF-30 with built in moisturizer! That stuff was like, a girl's best friend. It protected against the hate-filled rays of the sun, and helped her daily regimen of keeping her skin silky smooth!

But now she had to deal with, oh god have these people never ridden a bus before. Were they seriously taking the time to read the letter before sitting down? First they had to cross an icky ocean, now this!?

"Like O! M! G! C'mon you losers! This isn't the short bus you know! Much as you dweebs would belong in one. Being near you uggos and a total lack of hotties kills my mood." Charlotte Paige Rhodes tapped her foot impatiently as she gave a second before threw up her hands in disgust.

"Okay bored now! Outta the way! Shady back is mine, I call dibs!" declared Charlotte as she began pushing her way to a seat near the back and as soon as she found one far enough away from the people that annoyed her she began stretching out, and taking out some sweet bubblegum to give the fangs something to bite on before the real good stuff.

Last edited:
Artemis

I watched the driver with slight interest. Asides from that, the music was making my brain foggy. I did gasp softly, though, when I saw the island hidden by the shimmering fog around. The music seemed to encircle and connect with the island. I shook my head and looked at the people around. I watched as some seemed to have lots of power and superiority, while others seemed to shy away. I stood transfixed at the border of the port. Uh... How am I even going to successfully complete any of this? I barely even know the wolf culture... Will I make any friends?

Someone was pushed? I looked as someone pushed someone else. Was this the superiority thing? How come no one was doing this to me? I walked on board and looked around, mesmerized by the people.
"Okay bored now! Outta the way! Shady back is mine, I call dibs!" Someone shouted before pushing her way through the crowd. I quickly sat in the seat next to me in order to not get pushed by the girl. I looked to my side, scooted towards the window, and bounced around, probably a little too much. But... C'mon! This was my first experience with the Hidden World! I shook quickly and attempted to catch my scattered thoughts. Okay. Calm..... And.... Observe.

There were so many.. species. Wait- clans.

How am I going to survive this?

This was it. The true beginning of her journey to becoming a full fledged witch. This wasn't like the false start of the boat, this was the really truly real start. Right now. Go!

Madeleine quickly ran up the stairs and into the aisle of the bus and was surprised by the size of the inside and then surprised by the nervous girl ahead of her. How could someone make it here if they were the type to get nervous? Madeleine knew she had to get to the bottom of this mystery. Gently sneaking up behind the girl, Madeleine reached into her bag and pulled out various protective herbs and pointed them at the other girl and after no startled reaction, she determined that she was also a witch. "Hey, what's wrong? Did you forget your talismans on the boat?" Reaching back into her bag, she pulled out a few sprigs of motherwort and offered them to the nervous witch. "This should keep you safe. Mostly safe. At least safe from demons, ghosts, the fair folk, and evil magick. Other things less so, but it's a start. If you need more help, feel free to seek me out." And with her good deed done, she tapped her staff on the floor and pushed away, letting herself roll down the aisle.

Once she got past the other students, a huge smile grew across her face. She felt so cool doing that, like a real witch, like her grandma. Finding an empty seat away from others, Madeleine threw herself into and started taking the necessities out of her bag. First was a piece of angelica root she immediately started chewing to protect herself from the various spirits that likely haunted this land. Then she removed a few sprigs of burdock and quickly knotted them into a necklace around her neck for safe travels. Last, and certainly not least, a clove of garlic to keep the vampires away. Ideally, she would have taken a seat in the back, but those are always popular and could lead to confrontation. Confrontation was something she so desperately wanted to avoid, so she focused inward and spoke the first set of words of power she could think of to herself. "Ajji majji la tarajji. Ajji majji la tarajji. Ajji majji la tarajji." While she didn't know what they meant or if she even pronounced them right, her grandmother told her that the intent mattered more.

littleberry littleberry

Soraya

The boat trip was uneventful. Surprisingly uneventful, really-- she couldn't remember a thing about it. Soraya was reasonably confident that she hadn't dozed off during the trip, which made the fact that all of it was a... blank space in her memory all the more unusual. She tried to recall the face of the person she sat next to. Did she sit next to someone? Soraya clicked her tongue irratibly when the recollection failed to surface.

No matter. It's water under the bridge, now. Keep focused on the goal. What was the goal? To... Soraya scratched the back of her head, trying to recall. Oh, right! she thought, make a good first impression and represent the family. She figured that representing the family would be the easiest part. The hard part would be making an impression.

Soraya ran through a whirlwind of possible scenarios in her head as the crowd jostled and rushed around her. Go with the flow of the crowd, keep your bag close to you, and watch for pickpockets, she wordlessly repeated. One of the multitude of dubiously worthwhile pieces of advice Father had given her as she prepared for the trip. In due time, a large bus pulled up and began ushering the students towards it. With as much grace as she could muster, Soraya climbed aboard.

The inside of the bus was, as she expected from commoners, senselessly rowdy. She shuffled through the aisle at the pace of the student in front of her, and stopped at the first seat to take her fancy. This one had a meek-looking girl in it, with dog ears on top of her head and clothing for cold weather. Better an occupied seat with someone worth sitting with than an unoccupied one that may be filled unexpectedly, Soraya's father echoed in her mind. Soraya exhaled sharply, and looked the meek girl straight in the eye with unbounded confidence.

"Is this seat taken?" she said to Artemis, putting on the sweetest tone she could muster.

TeikiFox TeikiFox

Torrin
The ferry ride was...interesting. I had managed to find a solitary spot near the front along the port side railing so I could slowly absorb what was happening. This is real. This is really real. Half of the time I stared out into the mist as the ferry trawled across the water, breathing deeply of the ocean air and the freedom it seemed to promise. The other half of the time I was either mesmerized by the singing of the Captain - I think someone said he was a Siren - or taking little glances at all the different people around me, and wondering just what the heck I had been thrown into.
Then the mist dissipated and I am fairly certain my jaw dropped. The island was beautiful. I shuffled off the ferry and to the side, taking in the scenery and yearning to run in the forest just for the sheer joy of it. The fact that I was surrounded by strangers with magical powers and abilities managed to fade into the background, at least until something was slipped into my hand. I managed to thank the person before looking at the envelope. Yup, there was my name on it. I ripped it open and read it really quick, ignoring the others. This is so stinkin' cool! I grinned to myself. This adventure was going to be one for the books, for sure.
I came back to myself and looked around to notice everyone loading onto a bus, and some of my enthusiasm disappeared. Awesome. A frickin' bus. Cuz that's gonna go over SOOO smoothly. I really, really don't like being crowded with a bunch of people I don't know. I sighed, vaguely wondering if I could just shift into something small and hide under a seat or something. I let that dream continue a moment as I stepped into the line before taking a deep breath and shrugging my shoulders. If everyone else could do it, so could I...or so I hoped.
I stepped onto the bus and I had to scrape my jaw off the floor again. It was so much bigger on the inside! I hoped I never got used to magic. This was just too cool. I let my eyes skip over everyone there till I found an unoccupied seat somewhere near the middle. I made a beeline for it and slipped in with my bag, cramming myself against the window and slouching a little. I studiously looked outside to avoid looking at anyone else in here. I was too nervous to dare looking at everyone else around me. The bus ride may prove to be more interesting than the ferry one.

Artemis

"Is this seat taken?" A girl came up to me. I stared at her, taking in her pink hair and circus-styled clothing. She looked so..... unique.... and confident. Definitely confident. She radiated confidence and a sort of cheery attitude. The costume suggested acrobat and she looked as though she could get a human crowd cheering as she performed tricks or did daring tasks. The make-up around her eyes, though, made it seem as though she were a joker, sometimes playing some pranks on others for the laughs.

Then, I remembered something called manners. I blinked a few times, keeping her image in my head. Finally, I looked away and blushed.
"No." I whispered, answering her question. Then I peeked back at her, attempting to remember the very few lessons on the other clans and such. I failed and ultimately peeked, then bounced some more, looking at the others around me. Trying to hint my interest in what clan she was from with the occasional head-cock and stare.

Either she figures out what I'm desperately trying to show or this bus ride goes quickly.

The boat ride was simply dreadful.

The constant rocking of the boat and overhanging uneasy feeling made Gotras feel nauseous. Gotras hung over the side of the boat for the majority of the journey just in case his lunch had other plans besides staying in his belly. Gotras had been to the seas before, but never this close. He'd only flew high above, spying on the rolling waves below. Gotras found a nice secluded place at the ferry's rear to avoid the others. Gotras had no desire to make friends just yet, or have them all point and laugh at a dragon who gets seasick.

"You leave this place a youngling, my son."

Gotras could still hear his father's voice, the words seemingly echoing at the back of his mind.

"I expect you to return dragon of House Eldro and nothing less."

"Bring honor and respect to this family, I know you will not fail."

Gotras suddenly felt his gut heat up, and the queasiness turned into a churning feeling, and he hurled the contents of his stomach into the sea below. He coughed and spit out the remnants.
He turned his head to see if any of the other passengers saw him get seasick. He only spotted the Captain, a Siren singing a dreary song about his lost lover. The tune did nothing to soothe his pounding head and uneasiness.

"I hope this place is better than what they said it to be..."

Gotras was more than happy when the ferry docked in the small harbor. Gotras quickly scrambled off the boat, one of the first to get off. His senses soothed as he felt the solid ground beneath his feet. From there, a double-decker bus was waiting just beyond the dock. Gotras fell silent as all the passengers rushed to find a seat. He found himself suddenly at the very back of the line, and he waited patiently. As Gotras stepped aboard, Gotras watched as a witch handed another young witch a handful of green herbs. Gotras cocked his head as the seemingly generous one found a little pride in herself before heading to the second level. The witch who had been handed the herbs still stood hesitantly in the middle of the walkway. Gotras tried to quickly brush past her, but, as he side-stepped around her, Gotras felt his shoulder gently touch hers. A wave of heat filled his face as he found himself uncomfortably close to this stranger.

"P-pardon me," Gotras said. He felt his voice stutter slightly and another wave of heat rushed into his face.

As soon as he passed the young witch, he hurried up the steps to the second level of the bus. Gotras found one of the first seats empty and quickly sat down. Gotras took a deep breath, trying to calm down. The whole situation seemed unreal. Gotras was on a crowded bus in a faraway place, going to a school he didn't even know existed until recently, and surrounded by strange people. Up until the trip, Gotras had never seen another Hidden before, now he was in a place that had all of them squished together on a tiny bus. Gotras took another deep breath. This place is a far cry from his desert mountain home. He was already homesick.

littleberry littleberry

Last edited:
Soraya

Soraya smiled, and took her seat next to Artemis. To Soraya, she seemed... odd. Fidgety, awkward, and overactive. Keeping up a conversation would be difficult at best, but she would have to try as hard as she could. Something cropped up in her head, that demanded an answer.

"Are you--" Soraya stopped herself. Was this the right way to ask it? Was there a right way to ask it? She'd have to ask it sooner or later, so asking it now would be like ripping off a band-aid. She sighed. "You don't seem very comfortable, right now. Are you alright?"

Artemis

"Are you-" She paused, "You don't seem very comfortable, right now. Are you alright?" I pondered this for a bit, my bouncing at rest. When you are shy and you have no idea who's around you, you would be uncomfortable, right? I thought of just outright asking her, but the consequences seemed too high and I just nodded.

The itching to know what she was, or even someone around me, wouldn't stop. The annoyance of it was tingling and I tried to shake it off before I started having spasms. I inhale deeply, then quickly asked.
"What are you?" I asked, before realizing how rude that sounded. I cringed and scooted closer to the window, head down.

Snow
Interacting with: KnightOfNight KnightOfNight and Darth Darth
Near: Scion Scion
41392296_270311460278788_9076810240263176847_n.jpg

"Hey, what's wrong? Did you forget your talismans on the boat?"

Snow paused, looking at the young female witch. Her inner magic flared up, assessing the power level in her and widened her eyes when she found it rang with a similar aura as her own. Different… but similar. She had never met another Witch who practiced amplification magic. What was she like? Did she have a Witch Mother who expected so many impossibly great things from her? A witch father who was always off gathering stories and magically scribing them so her people could one day know their entire clan’s history by casting a spell? Probably not the last one.

Snow stood thinking for so long the witch had left. Snow called out thank you, holding onto the motherwort. She already felt more calm but that was probably a placebo effect. She moved to follow the witch (strength in numbers right? That was almost like the Witch motto.) when she was jostled by another student. The contact lended her an even more accurate power reading. Dragon. Snow stepped back quickly, keeping her eyes from his gaze. KnowYourPlaceKnowYourPlaceKnowYourPlace. Her place was not anywhere in this top five clan members way… but he surprised her.

"P-pardon me.”

Pardon him? She was the one in the middle of the walkway. She tilted her head, still clutching the motherwort to her chest. Were… were higher clan members nice? Did he not know she was a witch? Snow bit her lip and followed after him. Well… not after him after him. But it was an isle and there was only one way to go right? She wasn’t following him… but it definitely looked like that… shoot… um… she thought quickly and sat beside the Witch who had been so nice earlier.

“Hi.” She blurted out, biting the inside of her cheek as she froze up like a deer in headlights. Oh shoot… what do you say after Hi… um… “How are um… well I mean um… What I was going to say was…” She smacked her head in her mind a million times. “Thanks for the motherwort. I was hoping to meet some nice witches. Power in numbers right?” Was that a bad thing to say to someone who was going to the same academy you were in order to UNITE with DIFFERENT clans? Oh well, Snow needed something to say.

Soraya

Soraya responded plainly and immediately. "I'm Arabian! I was born in the Emirates, which are... south of here? I'm having trouble figuring out where I am-- my memory is fuzzy from the boat ride. My name is Soraya Shuhali al Belka, of Abu Dhabi. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!" Soraya remembered her father's words: Be loud and cheerful, but only give out where you're from at first. Don't reveal too much about yourself!

Soraya stuck out her hand nonthreateningly. "What are you?"

Suddenly snapped out of her unknown mantra, Madeleine jerked her head in the direction of the girl from before. "Motherwort is very common, you can find it anywhere and when you do, you should always gather some. You never know when you'll need it. But yes, there is power in numbers. Many numbers are quite powerful, although numerology is not my area of expertise so I don't think I can help you... Wait! You mean we should form a coven yes? I don't think we are capable of a proper coven, but an alliance yes. Sit." Going back into her bag, Madeleine retrieved more burdock sprigs and knotted them into a necklace for her guest. She couldn't help but feel surprised, she wasn't even at the school yet but was already enjoying herself. Plenty of reason to focus on her craft meant her mind wouldn't wander and best of all, someone already thought she was cool. So cool in fact, the stranger could barely speak. Unless... Was Madeleine's Evil Eye acting without her realizing it? In a flash, she quickly covered her left eye with her right hand and looked away.

"My apologies. Sometimes the power seeps out without me noticing. Don't be afraid." With her free hand she patted the seat next to her. "Sit, sit. I am Madeleine of the Evil Eye." Careful to keep her eye covered as she turned back to face the other girl, she put on her friendliest smile and held the necklace she made out to her new friend.

littleberry littleberry

Standing imposingly at the deck of the ferry was a tall boy. He had a stocky, imposing figure, but a child-like face and the innocence in his eyes gave the impression that he was, in fact, a younger man. Leon did not understand the language of the Siren who carried him and the other students across the waters. After repeating the same verse over and over again, Leon managed to get most of the words down. He even got the run in the second verse down. He had never seen a Siren before save for pictures depicted in a strange device he had newly been acquainted with called a "cell phone". It was an interesting piece of technology: it allowed him to look for any information he needed to know, he could play games on it, he could send pictures of himself and post them for people to see, and even though he had never used it, he was informed that the white bar icon was something that let him communicate to someone at a distance... without telepathy! It was astounding to him as Leon, more trained in physical disciplines, hadn't so much experience in the natural telepathic powers he possessed as a werewolf.

After a while, Leon began singing along with the siren- perhaps to his dismay even- at least he tried to. For some reason, he couldn't quite make out the words. It was a good thing too. Leon was by no means a trained singer. Even then he moved along with him, exaggerating his movements and incorporating pantomimed melismas even though the siren did not use them.

When he got off the boat, he remembered why he started trying to sing in the first place. He had never been on a boat before. Even then, between this, his first car ride and his first plane ride, his mind had already been overloaded with new and novel experiences.

After being handed the letter, he wondered why someone didn't just tell everyone on the boat at once, saving the paper and the time to write everything down. That is, unless this was all done by magic, or even those things he had read about called "printers". Reading the letter, he couldn't help but smirk. Of course, he was admitted into the school. He was Leon Adar, son of the leader of the Wolf Clan. Or, as he would like to be known, the Wolf Prince. It all rang as propaganda to him, like some of the elders told him. They only wanted to get everyone together, mixed up, so they would all be propagandized.

Leon rolled his eyes, then rolled the letter into a ball before chucking it into the water.

---

Onboard the bus, Leon took his seat quietly, crossing his arms. He sat in the middle- he had to be in the middle. Next to him was someone with short, black hair. He assumed it was a boy, though he couldn't be sure. She was a definitely taller than the other girls- at least if she was a girl. All he could tell was, from how she smelled, she was an inferior specimen. Though, he didn't need any special sense to get that. He felt like he was still under the siren's spell- and was disgusting by it. He looked in disdain at all the others. They looked normal enough, though he knew that they were all ugly monsters, especially after they transformed. That is, except for the green one. He- or at least Leon thought it was a he- was already ugly in his 'normal' form. They weren't like Leon, who took the form of a glorious wolf with a beautiful white coat of fur when transformed.

He had drowned it out before, but once he zoned back in and noticed people around him were talking, he realized that the spell must have worn off a long time ago. "AH!" He growled "FINALLY!" His voice boomed in the midst of the conversations going on. "HEY!" He turned to the girl next to him, not knowing immediately that she was a shapeshifter. "HOW ARE YOU?" He looked elated that he could finally hear his own voice outside of his head. It was weird. Did he always sound like this?

"HEY BRO. CAN I CALL YOU BRO? WAIT. LEMME MAKE SURE. YOU ARE A BRO RIGHT? BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE THE OTHER SET OF EQUIPMENT THAT'S COOL TOO, LIKE, YOU CAN STILL BE MY BRO."

Last edited:
Charlotte Paige Rhodes​

This was a bit better. It was certainly no cool bus, like this wasn't how her buses were back in the day. Oh back when she was not a literal blood-sucker, more of a metaphorical one, the buses had cool people on it. She could dish with her gal pals, talk about hotties from their school or others. Maybe chat about how much of a pain the parents were being because they wouldn't let her throw that bitchin' house-party with like, a ton of keggers that would've gotten all the attention. God they were lame, like it was going to be so cool and everyone would've been there. But no they had to nix it because who is going to clean up the house when your friends trash it missy, this is why we installed the cameras.

But this bus was totally uncool. At least Charlotte had a few things to keep her busy. She pulled out a cell-phone from her jacket-pocket to see if it was getting reception, while blowing a bubble. Well that was disappointing. Maybe as disappointing as that kid who looked like he at least tries to maintain having a rock hard bod in the middle.

POP.

Charlotte slurped it back into her mouth slowly before allowing her fangs to tear through it with ease. After a bit more chewing she rolled her tongue around as she pulled out the gum into a strand and opened that letter so many people were eager about. As soon as she opened it she once again pulled out her gum in a strand before adding a new pack in. "One two three four five six seven eight nine..." The vampiress began meticulously counting the amount of words that were present in the letter.

After finishing that she stared at it mouth agaze as she popped another bubble. "Oh my God. REALLY? They really went with this nerdy shit in the brochure!?" With a huff the vampire crumbled the paper before grumbling out, "I think they might've gipped me... I swear if like the extracurricular was a lie..." Her train of thought was derailed by a new, unwelcomed smell.

Gasping and scrunching her nose as much as she could to avoid that garlic and other herbs she looked at the balled up letter and slowly let the gum ball dribble out of her mass into her other hand as she stared up in front. Those two little dweebs in front, it was coming from them wasn't it? Snarling Charlotte threw the letter up at the pair of Snow and Madeleine, before plucking out pieces of chewed up, slimy gum at them. In particularly she was aiming for their hair, it'd show them for bringing nasty food along!

"HEY LOSERS! YOU CRACK A WINDOW OPEN AND THROW THAT STUFF OUT NOW!"

littleberry littleberry KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Exciting.

That was the best description Hope could think of for this journey. She had already seen so many things she'd only experienced through a TV and a few sets of buttons. Everything looked so much better in reality than it did on a screen.

The second best description, however, was "perplexing". Her parents had flown her from their home all the way to the docks where the boat was to pick her up. In the flight her father had pointed down at a speck in the oceans below, telling her that she'd be living there on that speck while at the academy.

Hope was fully aware of how little she'd seen of the world - she'd hardly even seen the outside of the family's cave system - but she was also aware of how flight worked. Why weren't her parents doing her off on the island? She bit her tongue, however - a sudden updraft caught her by surprise - and let the question pass.

Hope spent the boat ride in solitude, watching the waves glide by. Her mind was too preoccupied balancing the captain's song of loss with the loneliness that came with being away from home for the first time.

I shall not cry. Mother would scold me if I cried.

-----

Hope wasted no time sitting down after getting on the bus. The world had continued to slowly bob and rock after they had made landfall, and she desperately needed a solid seat. Frankly, Hope was amazed the others hadn't taken the front seats. Obviously she had a long way to go if she wanted to make her parents proud and become the best student at the academy.

Torrin

Someone sat down next to me, but I continued to stare out the window as I pretended not to really notice. I did take the opportunity to try and catch their reflection in the window, because despite my nervousness, I was still curious. It was a tall guy, blonde, golden eyes maybe? The window didn't make the best mirror. I inhaled slowly through my mouth and nose, catching his scent. Not a shapeshifter. That much I could tell, but I had not been around any of the other clans, outside of mom's friend who I now knew was a witch. I don't think he was a witch either?
"AH. FINALLY!" he suddenly yelled. The intensity of it startled me and I almost lost my grip on my bag. I winced visibly and slapped a hand to the ear getting the brunt of the volume as he continued to shout, "HEY BRO. CAN I CALL YOU BRO? WAIT. LEMME MAKE SURE. YOU ARE A BRO RIGHT? BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE THE OTHER SET OF EQUIPMENT THAT'S COOL TOO, LIKE, YOU CAN STILL BE MY BRO."
I stared at him a moment, recovering, hand still over my ear, then blurted the first thing that came to mind. "Are you always this loud?" I winced again, mentally this time. I hated my voice. It wasn't super high or anything, I don't think, but I still wish the register was a little lower. Ugh.
Duwang Duwang

Last edited:
The Island was quite pretty, Evelyn could not deny it. As much as it was mildly scary, the idea of a new integrated school was very interesting! She was late to the bus, as she had been sleeping on the boat. By the time she woke up, almost everybody was gone! Luckily, she knew that they would have to wait for her. All students were important, right?

The girl stepped up into the bus, smirking a little. She couldn’t hold back her excitement. Her fingers crackled with electricity, which sometimes happened when she was feeling a strong emotion. A few moments later, strands of hair stood on end, like when someone gets shocked.

Surprisingly, there was a lot of room on the bus. The driver must have been a witch! She thanked the driver for her service, and then sat down towards the back of the bus.

Evelyn jumped a little as a girl a few rows down yelled. What was she talking about? After some thinking, she realized she was talking about the garlic that some of the witches brought. She stood up from her seat. “Hey, guys!” She raised her voice a little, aiming it towards the witches. Her mother had taught her that there was no need to fear the other clans, including the ones known to be more dangerous. Her opinions were quite modern. This is an integration school, don’t you know? You’re going to be living with other clans. There’s no need to bring garlic. Unless, of course, you’re making us all pasta.” She sat back down in her seat after speaking, hoping that she convinced them to throw it away.

mentioned:
Scion Scion
KnightOfNight KnightOfNight
littleberry littleberry

Last edited:
Gotras glanced backward as he heard yelling and commotion. It appeared one of the students in the back was upset about the herbs the pair of witches were holding onto.

HEY LOSERS! YOU CRACK A WINDOW OPEN AND THROW THAT STUFF OUT NOW!"

Gotras turned his body to get a better look at the student. Gotras squinted his one eye and saw a pair of fangs show as her lips curled backward. A vampire. She was quite rude, calling the witches "losers," demanding they toss the herbs out the window. Then, without warning, Gotras spotted a yellow blur fly over, landing in the seat where the two witches were sitting. The vampire had tossed the letter they'd been given, she rolled it into a ball and threw it to grab their attention perhaps. Gotras found the vampire even more repulsing as she threw her wad of gum at the witches.

What a fine first impression. I like these strangers already...

Gotras then heard another voice, this one closer to him. Gotras looked up to see another student. He couldn't tell what clan she belonged to, but she, like the vampire, just more politely, asked for the garlic to be removed.

“Hey, guys!” the witch said. “This is an integration school, don’t you know? You’re going to be living with other clans. There’s no need to bring garlic. Unless, of course, you’re making us all pasta.”

Gotras smirked slightly as the witch ended her sentence.

Pasta does sound good right about now.

However, Gotras didn't really understand what the commotion was about. It was to Gotras' knowledge that carrying around herbs and garlic was what witches usually do.

I wonder if the academy foresaw conflict such as this. I hope this doesn't escalate.

Gotras turned to the young student again. She looked more human than anything else. Perhaps she was another witch. An elemental maybe. He looked down towards his feet and pondered at her previous statement.

An "integration" school? Honestly, that's no reason to tell these witches to abandon their things. If at all, the fact that we're supposed to be integrating would be more than enough reason to try and accept new surroundings.

Gotras slowly became agitated by the sudden rudeness of the atmosphere. He glanced over at the witch that he had bumped into earlier.

I hope she's tougher than she looks...

littleberry littleberry
Scion Scion
KnightOfNight KnightOfNight
sophie. sophie.

Last edited:
One word.

One word described the boat ride. The rhythmic song of the ferryman as he sang of his own life, yet let the words resonate with any who heard them. The clear water that at points seemed to stretch pasted the horizon. And the myriad of young people a certain artificer warlock will get to meet.

One word described the island, it's ancient arches and modern spires contrasted perfectly around the waterways. The submerged pillars from a time almost forgotten that highlight the fountains that rest in the water. And the waterfall cliffs that accent the architecture of the campus buildings perfectly.

One word described Axus' situation. To be given a second chance by his race to see the study of magic through. To have the opportunity to study the eldritch arts alongside beings that humans call myth and legend. To be here, now, all boiled down to one word.

Magnificent.

What wasn't magnificent however was how easily the young man got distracted over such details. It's not like he could help it. Then again, it's not like he wanted to help it. Admiring one's situation is what makes life... well... magnificent. Despite his distraction he was able to barely make it to the bus in time. He only saw available seats in the front, be he didn't mind. The back was too crowded for his comfort anyway. Seeing an open spot next to a particularly young and scaly individual, Axus considered now to be a good time to at least try to make new friends. He was not afraid of supernatural clanism, and he was typically comfortable with one on one confrontation. He still felt a slight tug at his chest, but he was able to shrug it off.

Before he sat, he reached into his long coat and withdrew a deck of cards, each baring a written message Axus used to supplement speech. He shuffled through with practiced precision and once he had the card he wanted, he tapped the dragon girl on the shoulder and displayed the card. It read, "May I sit here?"

CallSign CallSign

Artemis

"What are you?" She responded back, after explaining where she was from. Helpful.. I'm not sure I even know the place. I guess which clan you're from is a sensitive topic? I tried to figure out how far south she meant and thought of what my response should be.
"HEY BRO. CAN I CALL YOU BRO? WAIT. LEMME MAKE SURE. YOU ARE A BRO RIGHT? BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE THE OTHER SET OF EQUIPMENT THAT'S COOL TOO, LIKE, YOU CAN STILL BE MY BRO."
I winced at how loud this person was... does he realize that some of us have sensitive hearing? Then, I thought of the possible benefits of his loudness. I need... another distraction. So maybe then I won't have to say anything... Because... If we are talking about place, it's kind of everywhere that wolves can live. That gives away my clan, though. AHHHH! Why does this have to be so challenging! I huffed quickly at the annoyance of manners, yet how extremely important they were.
I jumped and looked back at the girl who had pushed everyone out of the way. She was quite talkative and outgoing. Ah! Yes! Another distraction! Perfect! I looked back at the girl, gave her a questioning glanced, and scooted closer to the window again, looking outside.

All I can say is that the island is gorgeous. Except, I probably wouldn't be able to say it out loud, soo.......

How is this island so beautiful? Does it have snow anywhere? Does it have jungles or mountains or anything else to make other clans and people feel more comfortable? I hope so...

Freshly fallen snow is amazing.

DrBones DrBones

Last edited:
"Oh!" Leon reeled back having finally heard Torrin's voice. He didn't expect the guy to be Barry White, but he didn't quite expect the voice to be so high either. He had heard men who have had similar high pitched voices, so he still couldn't quite narrow down this person's gender. He also didn't actually know who Barry White was.

Then, he turned his head up. "MMM! IS SOMEONE COOKING IN HERE? OH MAN! I DIDN'T KNOW WE WERE HAVING A BARBECUE! IT'S STILL DAY ONE. THIS SCHOOL IS GREAT." Leon stood up off his seat on the moving bus and sniffed around, before turning back to Torrin. "Oh yeah. You." He sat back down.

"Hey bro, if you don't want me to shout, that's cool bro."

Torrin

At the very loud mention of barbecue, my stomach rumbled. Food sounded good. In all the excitement today, I had forgotten to eat. I hoped we would get to eat sooner rather than later. Although, that pasta that other chic mentioned sounded tasty too. Maybe we could have both? My stomach growled again and I shook my head, clearing the thought of food from my head as I refocused back on the dude next to me.
"Hey bro, if you don't want me to shout, that's cool bro." he told me. I blinked, needing a second to process his "inside" voice. That was much less nerve wracking. Guess that answers that question.
I eventually found my own voice. "Appreciate it, bro. Oh, to answer your earlier question, I'm not a bro, but bro is cool. Doesn't bother me. Um, name's Torrin." I stick out my hand automatically, belatedly wondering if hand shakes were even a custom in the Hidden world. Oh well, too late to take it back now.

Last edited:
Krr
Meanwhile as the disputes of, whatever savages disputed about, was going on, the denizen of the swamp slowly began craning their neck from side to side to observe the territory around it which it had claimed. Other creatures had made their presence known, choosing to assemble near. However this was not going to be an issue for Krr yet until they tried to spring for territory they have already grabbed. There were a variety of reasons why this would not be an issue, firstly this was not any real territory worth defending. There was absolutely no water or sustenance of prey, nor was there any mire to cool off in. But secondly there was a good chance that these were at least noble savages. Mhhru often spoke at length of the virtuous, though albeit uncultured, attempts at civilizing other bogs and marshes around the world by other floats and basks. While these creatures were not from its bask, the yellow osteoderms, scaly hide, suggested that it was from the Asiatic regions. The other was much harder to identify, but it was certainly a smoother scaled creature.

With a series of thumps from the chair, Krr adjusted their frame to be directly in line with maintaining eye-contact with this pair. It needed to watch for any sudden moves, but Krr nonetheless began to establish contact via a low sounding rumble. "Grrruuooaa mrraaa rrrrrkk..." Krr covered the maw with the right gloved hand as if in thought. Despite clearly being of the crocodilian nature, as Krr had obviously deduced, the words of Mhhru rang once again in Krr's head. It was not nice to overstate your abilities, it just weren't good manners. So Krr cleared their throat and spoke in the tongue most outsiders knew of.

"If'n y'mand qui bask o float ain't mah place t'judge whatcha call yer folk, if'n ya'll cows -maybeh bull buuuh ya frames ain't grand nuff ta be suggestin' dat so je crois you cows, y'from?"

Hubub101 Hubub101 CallSign CallSign

Users who are viewing this thread

Back