• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Luna?..." He spoke quietly and stepped towards her.

That's right. Tell me you no longer have any interest in me. . . scorn me for every problem I have caused you.

"Let's sit please.." He led her to a nearby bench and sat down so that he was facing her. "Why are you apologizing to me dear? It is not your fault that you have this kind of condition and it is nothing you should feel shame for...It is me who should apologize to you...I am so sorry, so sorry and ashamed that I never understood you completely..." His voice trailed off.

Luna didn't know what to say, so she remained quiet, thinking about a sensible reply. She didn't know how much time went by as they sat in silence, before Elias spoke once more.

"I am not feeling any repulsion or anger towards you because of what you have told me-"

You don't? Not at all? What about your parents and your heir?

"-please, I don't want you to feel sorry or guilty about it. I don't even expect you to give me any solution immediately. Anyway, my parents are expecting me to get married soon and of course they are expecting..." He looked at her.

"I understand. An heir. " she filled in.

"Well...they have already high exceptions that...They are expecting me to marry you, Luna..." He bit his lower lip as he looked away.

Luna sighed, and kept looking at his profile. "I was aware of that . . . in fact, I assumed that, by your mother's behavior, she was already worried about illegitimate children. I meant to tell you this later on, but before it became a larger problem, I had been trying to find a solution. However, I have even failed at that."

"As I said, this is not your fault, nothing is your fault, so do not blame yourself please...I am not blaming and won't blame you for anything. You may take as much time as you need to think about it, if you'd like to speak to your brother or to Nagini about this to get some advice, it is fine with me and I'm open for any solution which you like to suggest..."

"Thank you. I expected you to have a reaction quite the opposite from yours right now. I assumed that you would leave me . . . permanently. " she paused, then continued a minute later. "I will discuss this matter with my brother, but I believe that Nagini will be the one to give me a satisfactory answer. Forgive me, once more, for bringing so many problems into your life . . . " she sighed as she stood up. "Thank you for your understanding. Farewell, Elias. Once again, you have exceeded my expectations." she spoke quietly before leaving in a puff of smoke.

"I am Miss Aislinn Monroe," She replied politely. "It is an honor to meet you Mr...?"

"Mr. DiVilliers. Alastair DiVilliers." he spoke politely. "Pleased to meet you."

"Well...eehm...Would you like to have a cup of hot chocolate?" She smiled politely.

"Yes, thank you. " he smiled, taking a cup. He took a sip, and sighed. "Chocolate is simply divine. "

"Good evening, Aislynn." Nagini smiled. "I see that you have met Alastair. Although he is Luna's brother, his family adopted her when she was young. Through a complicated series of events, Alastair turned out to be the only person in the family who truly cared for Luna. I can tell you all about it later, if you wi-"

"Good evening, Aislynn." Luna smiled, happy to see her back. She held out her hand to shake. "Have you two been properly introduced?" Luna said to Alastair.

"Yes; I am overjoyed to have met Miss Monroe. You told me she was outstandingly loyal and cunning, but I am still surprised to see that she is just as lovely. "he smiled. He wasn't trying to flatter her; he spoke his words clearly, as if they were facts.

"Wonderful." Luna smiled. "Aislynn, how did your journey go? Did you accomplish the business you wished to handle?" she asked, clearly refraining from speaking details in front of Alastair for Aislynn 's sake.

After Aislinn replied...

"Hmm. I do hope you have better luck later, then." she said politely. "Alastair?" she asked eagerly, turning to him. "Are you still in the mood to play?"

"Of course- " he smiled, bowing his head in respect, "-my lady."

"And we shall have the purest music in the world, my lord." she smiled as they both summoned violins, and a self-playing piano.

"It was a game they used to play, when they were younger." Nagini explained, in answer to Aislynn's face."A play, of sorts. He was the gentlemen, and she was the lady. Together, they traveled the world, imagining that they were playing in front of the most important people. " Nagini smiled. "A part of the game was that, every time they played their music in front of those important people, they would become entranced by the music. As soon as they stopped playing, their audience would commit suicide because they missed the music so much. "

"It was always an entertaining game." Nagini laughed in reply.

Luna and Alastair played in perfect sync, both masters of their art. They went on for half an hour, and the music played out beautifully.

"Good evening, Aislynn." Nagini smiled. "I see that you have met Alastair. Although he is Luna's brother, his family adopted her when she was young. Through a complicated series of events, Alastair turned out to be the only person in the family who truly cared for Luna. I can tell you all about it later, if you wi-"

"Aha-" Aislinn was about to reply Nagini when Luna arrived.

"Good evening, Aislynn." Luna smiled, happy to see her back. She held out her hand to shake. "Have you two been properly introduced?" Luna said to Alastair.

"Yes; I am overjoyed to have met Miss Monroe. You told me she was outstandingly loyal and cunning, but I am still surprised to see that she is just as lovely." he smiled

Aislinn's face flushed of embarrassment. I can hear that he is not trying to flatter me, but come on, I am far from lovely, I can be so clumsy...but lovely? I don't feel that word suits me at all...

"Wonderful." Luna smiled.

Aislinn was about to confess for Luna about how she had run into Alastair by mistake when Luna spoke first.

"Aislynn, how did your journey go? Did you accomplish the business you wished to handle?" she asked.

"Honestly, I reached so far that I could have handled it immediately, but I changed my mind and decided to return home. I had a feeling that it was not the right moment to handle the issue, if I need to make another trip, it will be easier and faster this time, since I have become familiar with many landmarks. I am just waiting to the right moment..."

"Hmm. I do hope you have better luck later, then....Alastair? Are you still in the mood to play?"

"Of course- " he smiled, bowing his head in respect, "My lady."

"And we shall have the purest music in the world, my lord." she smiled as they both summoned violins, and a self-playing piano.

"It was a game they used to play, when they were younger." Nagini explained as Aislinn looked confused about how she heard them speaking to each other. I don't have a brother, but Vincent is some of close...he is my cousin, but I would never call him for lord or expect him call me for lady.. Aislinn thought amusingly.

"A play, of sorts. He was the gentlemen, and she was the lady," Nagini continued. "Together, they traveled the world, imagining that they were playing in front of the most important people. " Nagini smiled. "A part of the game was that, every time they played their music in front of those important people, they would become entranced by the music. As soon as they stopped playing, their audience would commit suicide because they missed the music so much. "

"Aha, sounds interesting, indeed," Aislinn chuckled.

"It was always an entertaining game." Nagini laughed in reply.

Meanwhile they were playing music, Aislinn prepared more hot chocolate, levitating it in a large teapot and three cups to the center of the labyrinth.

221f2865ea3d740f742b8441747147ed.png

Well, now I actually gave her an option because we cannot continue a meaningless relationship... Elias thought as soon as he was back in his office at Hogwarts.
And I'll remind her about it within a month...It is not only about what my parents expect...but I have also my own desires..

"It has been lovely, Alastair. Thank you, for that." Luna smiled, once they had played for nearly half an hour.

"Thank you, Aislynn." Luna smiled when she offered her a cup of hot chocolate, then took a sip.

"I won't turn down a second mug." Alastair smirked, taking another.

They chatted lightly for about an hour, then Luna and Alastair decided to play one last song before retiring to their rooms for the night. Once they finished with that, they bid each other good night. "And a good night to you as well, my lady." Alastair smiled to Luna. He then turned to Aislynn.

"Good night, Miss Monroe. It was a pleasure meeting you. " he smiled politely before leaving the labyrinth.

"Good night, Aislynn." Luna smiled before leaving as well.

"Would you like the full story now, or later in the week?" Nagini smirked once they were both out of earshot.

"They are definitely finished." Raven shook her head in reply to Elias's thoughts. "Luna, why did you tell him? After everything, he is still a worthless man, after one thing. After confirming that you cannot bring him that, you are useless. " she sighed angrily. "I know the feeling."

Crystal sat by the fire in her room, thinking of Aislynn.
Wherever she is now . . . I wish her the best. I hope she reaches her goals on her journey, and that she is safe. When she is back, I just hope that she can tell the truth from lies . . .

"Good night," Aislinn replied politely as she watched both Luna and Alastair leave.

"Would you like the full story now, or later in the week?" Nagini smirked once they were both out of earshot.

"If I have not realized how tired and exhausted I am actually, I would gladly like to hear the full story now...but I need to get some sleep, I have actually plans for tomorrow...so I'll hear the story later in the week.." Aislinn smiled and picked up Raven's feather from her pocket. "Raven, this is only a message from me to you at the moment hence you do not need to appear. I'd like to see you tomorrow at three o’clock in the afternoon please. Meet me outside Black Cobweb's pub in Knockturn Alley. I need your help in something and I'll explain to you my intentions tomorrow." She put back the feather in her pocket and picked up her wand this time to speak a message through her emerald.
"Robert...Good evening, I'd like to see you at Black Cobweb's pub at five o'clock in the afternoon tomorrow, you and Crystal..."
Aislinn let several seconds pass before she also sent the message to Crystal as well.
When she was done, she turned towards Nagini with a mischievous smirk: "Would you like to join me tomorrow? I am going to play nice a game with Robert and I think I'll need you as well..."

Aislinn woke up the next morning, earlier than expected. She was surprised by herself though when she thought about it, she remembered that she had fallen asleep immediately as soon as she had put her head against the pillow. She took time to make her bed and go through her closet to carefully choose a dress suitable for the afternoon's mission. She chose another black summer dress of Victorian style, knee length and short sleeves. It was also perfect to show of her tattoos and appropriate enough to wear outdoors.

e19dd0f27720dd186500b67412a1a0fc.jpg

She combed her hair until it was smooth, and she added some hair potion to make it both shine and stay smooth as well. She applied dark red lipstick and darkened her eyes. Lastly, she colored her short and dainty nails black and took a long look of herself in the floor length mirror. I don't have curves like Miss Blanc though I am pretty enough to melt Robert's heart... She thought maliciously.

She walked happily down to the kitchen to have cakes and chocolate for breakfast, expecting to share her breakfast with Luna, when she was met by a surprising look as she entered the kitchen. I had almost forgot him... She thought embarrassed when she saw Alastair.

"Good morning," Aislinn greeted politely as she tried to ignore the fact that she was feeling so nervous and awkward.

It had been a sleepless night for Elias, and he chose to ate breakfast alone in his office rather than to join the others in the Great Hall. He was thinking about the past; about the time he had spent with Luna and about yesterday as he was sipping a grand cup of green tea.
I wish Luna could be sincere and honest with me without me having to ask her about it every time. I know she never was fully honest with me about Aaron Glass, she never told me everything about him, but he is gone now, and I let that slide. But there are things that does not make sense to me now..."However, now that we are being honest with each other"...now that we are being honest with each other? so she is actually never honest with me until I ask her to be it?....and she merely used me before she showed me her memories? So, all the time we spent together, before she revealed her memories to me, was nothing to her but a game where she was toying with my feelings? I was surprised that she actually still loved me and that she thought that I would leave her because of her condition....I do not care about children or if Luna feels repulsive towards physical contact, but if she is playing with me for her own pleasure and not being sincere with me, then I will definitely end the relationship...

"-so I'll hear the story later in the week..." Aislinn smiled.

"Of course." Nagini smiled.

"Raven, this is only a message from me to you at the moment hence you do not need to appear. " Raven sat bolt upright, eager to fulfill her mistress's commands.

"I'd like to see you tomorrow at three o'lock in the afternoon please. Meet me outside Black Cobweb's pub in Knockturn Alley. I need your help in something and I'll explain to you my intentions tomorrow."

"Yes!" Raven smiled, soaring into the air in anticipation, before sitting back down on her cloud. A second later, she replied calmly "I shall be there, my mistress."

Robert smirked when he noticed his wand's emerald glowing. He fingered the emerald, and heard Aislynn's voice.

"Robert...Good evening, I'd like to see you at Black Cobweb's pub at five o'clock in the afternoon tomorrow, you and Crystal..."

"My love, you shall finally learn the truth." he smiled, with a dreamy look in his eyes "Or, at least, my version of it."

Crystal was about to get to bed, when she noticed something green glowing on her bedside table. After hearing Aislynn's message, she sighed in relief. Now she is back, and safely, at that. I just hope I will get a chance to explain my side of the story to her. I really did enjoy her company. she thought as she got into bed.

When she was done she turned towards Nagini with a mischievous smirk: "Would you like to join me tomorrow? I am going to play nice a game with Robert and I think I'll need you as well.."

"That sounds . . . delightful." Nagini smirked wickedly. She remained there for another minute, then bid Aislynn farewell as she slithered off.

Alastair was making a breakfast of fresh croissants and jam when he heard footsteps. I hope Luna shares the same affinity for croissants that I do. He thought with a smile. When he turned around, he was met by Aislynn instead of Luna. "Good morning." he greeted politely.

"Good morning," Aislinn greeted politely as she tried to ignore the fact that she was feeling so nervous and awkward.

"That is a lovely dress." he smiled kindly. Once again, he was putting in no effort to flatter her, but spoke the truth. "Would you like some croissants? I made them myself."

Raven appeared ten minutes early at the Black Cobwebs, dressed in her usual dark gown. A few curious heads turned to the lady who was dressed inappropriately for a dark, casual pub, but she merely waved her hand in their direction, causing them to forget about her.

"Ten minutes early." Crystal smiled. "I've been here for a half-hour."

"Crystal Thorne, Aislynn's best friend?" Raven smiled politely.

"Yes, although I wouldn't say best friend. I just hope that I can get a chance to clear up a few . . . issues." she said, thinking irritably of Robert.

"He is a bother, isn't he?" Raven said knowledgeably. "I can read minds." she explained in reply to Crystal's confusion.

Crystal took a step away, but remained leaning up against the wall. She raised the magazine she had been reading up to cover her nervous expression.

Of course he is not trying to flatter me though trying to be kind to me...I can hear that in his tone...but come on…I am just wearing a simple summer dress not a ball gown…his comments makes me feel so nervous...perhaps he likes the Victorian and gothic style? As from what I can tell from his clothes... Aislinn thought as she sat down, unsure what to reply Alastair and remained quiet as she watched him preparing the breakfast.

"Would you like some croissants? I made them myself."

Oh good Merlin, croissants! And he made it by himself. I can only make hot chocolate and tea...

"Thank you…I love croissants…" Aislinn replied politely as she took one croissant and tasted it. This taste like heaven.... oh, good Merlin... She thought as she avoided to put the whole croissant in her mouth and instead took small bites. As she ate in silence she wondered where Luna was and hoped that Luna would join her in the kitchen because she was feeling nervous to be alone with Alastair. Luna always get up so early, but where is she now? When Aislinn had finished her croissant she finally remembered. Oh, it is Monday today and Luna is probably at Hogwarts since she teaches both Cooking with Magic and Dark Arts, how could I forget...

"This is so delicious..." Aislinn finally managed to speak to thank Alastair for the lovely croissants and took another one. "Ehhmm...I can make tea..." She offered before she took a bite of her second croissant and immediately rose up from her place to prepare some tea. I need to keep myself busy and also have something to drink otherwise I might easily devour all the croissants...even if I am small and have high metabolism, if I eat too much in front of him I would perhaps give him a bad impression about myself.. Aislinn thought nervously as she prepared the tea and placed both the tea pot and three cups at the table within a few minutes in case if Luna turned up.

Luna sat in front of her desk, looking at her schedule. I have to see how my Dark Arts class’s illusions are going . . . I don’t want to fail Lily, but if she is not trying, I will not show favoritism. Later, today . . . I will ask Elias about- “Elias. Please see me in my office when you are available; I have already completed my work for today.” Luna spoke into her emerald. She sat back in her chair; something she rarely did, and put a hand to her forehead. “I cannot do this for much longer; if he is not able to comply with my wishes, while following his own heart, I must forget about him; something I do not wish to do, unless it becomes necessary for my . . .” Luna did not continue, and Nagini merely nodded in reply. She sat, coiled, on a pillow in the corner of the office, near her desk. She had asked to be dropped off outside the Black Cobwebs Pub later on in the day, and she had come with Luna to talk until then.

"Thank you...I love croissants..." Aislinn replied politely as she took one croissant and tasted it.

“I am quite glad you do.” Alastair replied, smiling.

"This is so delicious..." Aislinn finally managed to speak to thank Alastair.

“You are quite welcome.”

"Ehhmm...I can make tea..." She offered.

“If you like.” Alastair smiled before stepping out of the kitchen in search for something from his room. While he was searching for his item, his emerald began to glow. He returned two minutes later, holding a wrapped gift. “I will take a cup before I leave; I have business to assist Luna with. “She has already left for Hogwarts, and sends her morning greetings.” He explained.

“A surprise for Luna.” He replied to Aislynn’s momentary glance at his gift. “Is there anything I may assist you with?” he asked charmingly, although he didn’t mean it.

“I will take a cup before I leave; I have business to assist Luna with. She has already left for Hogwarts, and sends her morning greetings.” Alastair explained.

"Oh, say hello to her from me, please.." Aislinn smiled as she glanced that the wrapped gift in his hand.

“A surprise for Luna. Is there anything I may assist you with?” he asked charmingly.

She almost got speechless by his sudden question. My goodness, we barely know each other and yet he treats me with such kindness....so different from Robert....

"Thank you, no, but thank you..." She smiled politely and drank her hot steaming tea to fast that she almost burned her throat. Her cheeks were glowing red of embarrassment and she hoped that Alastair won't notice how nervous she was. I hope he will think that my face is a little to red because of I am drinking my tea to quickly...

Elias immediately left his office to see Luna after he had received her message.
What a coincidence... He thought as he went to her office. I wished to talk with her about our conversation we had yesterday, because I felt I needed to inquire her about something which did not make any sense to me. How can she love me yet not feeling any affection for me...? But I won't mention it or anything else about the conversation which we had yesterday unless if she choose to bring it up, I must not rush into things but stay patient and let her take the first step...

He knocked at the door and entered.

"I am at your service, my lady," He greeted as he bowed for her.

Alastair nodded when Aislynn rejected his offer, but raised his eyebrows worriedly when her face became so red. "You shouldn't drink your tea so fast; you'll burn yourself." he said gently.

"Thank you for the tea." he said, once he had finished his tea within three minutes. "I will be leaving now; do let me know if I can be of service-" he motioned to the emerald at the tip of his wand.

"Farewell." he bowed his head, his eyes not leaving hers. He summoned his coat, then he walked out the front door, apparating just past the gate.

"Good morning Elias." Luna said when she opened the door for him. Her desk was clear. Two chairs sat opposite each other in front of her desk, rather than one behind and one in front.

"I am at your service, my lady," He greeted as he bowed for her.

Luna took a deep breath, and gestured for them both to sit down. "I would like to discuss anything that is troubling you..." she said simply. "I have wasted too much time beating around the bush; allow us to talk, and I will answer any questions you wish to have answered...without hesitation. "She added as Nagini coiled into her lap.

"Please, ask me anything." she said, after he hesitated a moment. Something was different in her eyes now; it was if she could feel again.

" . . . It is so different from not feeling at all. Are you certain I should do that, even for a short time? " Luna asked Nagini.

"Yes. I will help you to feel, even if it is just for an hour, to talk. Feeling nothing is, by far, the oddest thing to ponder. It is obvious why he wouldn't understand." Nagini replied.

"However." Luna cut in. "He doesn't know that I can feel a little, correct? "

"No. He also doesn't know that you still have the ability to use 60% of your heart if I- "

"Then, that is what we shall do. Come to me, to my office tomorrow morning, and Elias and I shall discuss the matter . . . together. "

Alastair arrived at Hogwarts, where a Care of Magical Creatures class was being held.

"Good morning." Alastair asked Cadence, who was curiously watching a Thestral being introduced.

"Would you be so polite as to tell me where I could find Lily Shadowwalker?" he asked politely.

Who is this? He speaks to me so formally, yet I feel as if I should know him. Of course, it would be rude to just ask 'Excuse me, who are you? ' to such a formal person, right?

"I am sorry, but I don't know, Sir." Cadence said, slightly awkward.

"My apologies." he replied, walking away toward some trees. Raven, who had just appeared behind some trees and was gesturing for him to come.

"Thank you. I was having a bit of trouble; I cannot seem to navigate this castle; you see, I tried yesterday, whilst invisible, but I soon got lost. "

"I understand. " Raven said, blushing slightly at the fact that he didn't try to cover up his mistakes."What was it you wished to find?" she asked, more formally.

"Many things. However, today I wish to be acquainted with Miss Lily Shadowwalker." he spoke.

"Shall I take you to her?" Raven asked.

"No; simply give me the time when she will be dining in the Great Hall next." Alastair spoke simply.

He's still trying to distract himself from that task Luna gave him...it's not working, though... Raven thought. I'll be helping him with the task. I do agree with Luna; he should take care of it as soon as possible.

"You shouldn't drink your tea so fast; you'll burn yourself." Alastair said gently.

"I'm alright…" Aislinn smiled. So concerned he is about me...I wonder what Luna has told him about me that makes him to treat me so gently...he has never seen me before and yet...

"Thank you for the tea." he said, once he had finished his tea within three minutes. "I will be leaving now; do let me know if I can be of service-" he motioned to the emerald at the tip of his wand. "Farewell." he bowed his head, his eyes not leaving hers.

"Sure..." Aislinn nodded smilingly. "Farewell..." he treats me as if I am his mistress... she thought when he had left. I could just ask about anything I wished, and he would fulfil my wish.... Merlin, any lady would be lucky to be his... she almost choked on her tea as a thought she merely had thought about crossed her mind. It is a forbidden thought for me, I shall not think about it...I need to focus on Robert now and on how to crush him... Her hand slightly shook as she magically cleared the dishes while her mind was distracted with the thoughts of Alastair.

Luna took a deep breath and gestured for them both to sit down. "I would like to discuss anything that is troubling you..." she said simply. "I have wasted too much time beating around the bush; allow us to talk, and I will answer any questions you wish to have answered... without hesitation." she added as Nagini coiled into her lap. "Please, ask me anything." she said, after he hesitated a moment.

This was unexpected... Elias thought, feeling slightly surprised as he sat down. Anyway, I will seize this opportunity...

He looked into her eyes and noticed that she was different.

"You knew?" He smiled gently. "The conversation we had yesterday has been troubling me indeed. I have been reflecting over it since last night. that I barely slept because there are things that are not making sense for me. As from what you have told me, I understood that you have played with my feelings before you decided to show me your memories, haven't you? And I cannot understand how you can love me yet not feeling any affection towards me. These two things are contradictions......seriously, I.....I don't understand what you want...what your purpose is with having a relationship with me if you truly do not love me... I don't even understand why you choose to be gentle and generous towards me by gifting and cooking for me..." After what happened when we fought your mother in the labyrinth, Luna... He did not know what more he would say and took a deep breath as he awaited her answer.

"You knew?" He smiled gently. "The conversation we had yesterday has been troubling me indeed. I barely slept-“

Neither did I. I fear our time is over, Elias.

“- because there are things that are not making sense for me. As from what you have told me, I understood that you have played with my feelings before you decided to show me your memories, haven't you? “

“Yes.” Luna said, looking away from him and out the window instead.

“Neither you, nor I can see the point of lying to him anymore, Luna.” Nagini said.

“From the beginning, yes. “ Luna finished, still talking to Elias.

“And I cannot understand how you can love me yet not feeling any affection towards me. These two things are contradictions....seriously, I....I don't understand what you want...what your purpose is with having a relationship with me if you truly do not love me... I don't even understand why you choose to be gentle and generous towards me by gifting and cooking for me..."

“When I am close to my heart, I can feel. Otherwise, I can only feel little burst of emotion, not nearly as strong as the real thing. I visit my heart often, to ensure that I am doing the right things. When I did, I realized that I did have feelings for you. I regretted what I did, more than anyone can understand, since the bad decisions I made were all my mind telling me what would be best, rather than my heart telling me that you were someone to cherish. ” she paused, and looked back at him. “It is true; we cannot be together, since I am both unable to feel, and unable to show you my love physically. My apologies, that the lady you sought could give you neither. ” she paused, remembering all of the drawbacks of feeling once more. She held back tears as she continued speaking, although some did accumulate near the bottoms of her eyes. “In the beginning, I wished to play with your feelings; to humor you until I no longer had a need for you, since you were showing such obvious signs of infatuation from the beginning. I didn’t believe that your love was true, as events from the past have influenced my greatly. My parents wished to use me to fulfill their wishes for an heir to carry out their massacres when they died; my adopted family sought a higher place in the world I was sure to remake . . . three different men wished to use me for who I was . . . The Ministry worker who nearly turned me in . . . Aaron Glass who wished for the same thing as my parents . . . as well as a son. And finally, you, who appeared to have unconditional love and loyalty, which even those with hearts could not understand. Using people felt so good to me, after I had spent so much of my life being used.“ she sighed. “After I failed to kill you in the labyrinth, I visited my heart. It occurred to me that you truly did love me, and I immediately regretted my actions, although I still did not love you back. "

"Go on. You must be fully honest now, and then you can leave him. " Nagini reminded her.

"Hence, I apologized, and began cooking for you, and spending time with you, hoping to make up for my . . . betrayal. After time, I realized that I enjoyed it; the time we spent . . . the cooking . . . your family. In Paris, I thought that, at any moment, you would turn me in to the Ministry, or have some trap set up for me as soon as we got back However, you were the one who was trapped when we returned. I saved you that time because I was also saving everyone else in Azkaban, for the army, which would ensure me a spot in power. It wasn’t until I showed you my memories, and you hadn’t abandoned me, but instead stayed by my side, that I felt a rush of affection for you. I began placing distance in between us. Because not only did I fear losing you, but I also feared not being able to give you what all men wish for. I detested the moment when I would have to reveal my condition. ” I can feel it now; mixed sadness from before, happiness that wasn’t felt in its prime, regret is the most potent, as well as sadness. Anger for those who have wronged me, yet appreciation for those who serve me now. Everyone has been horrible, but Aislynn and Crystal and Raven all remain loyal. Elias will be forgotten, just as the moon is forgotten when the sun brings warmth and growth for all . . . "So, yes, I did use you. " she didn't bother stopping the tears now, which fell silently down her cheeks. "Forgive me . . . forget about me . . . There is no use at all in a relationship which brings you more problems than solutions. I am a wicked lady, who cannot feel for others, much less herself. I have never met a man such as yourself, with so many good qualities. Please, never let that go to waste on someone like me. " She looked down at the floor and closed her eyes. She let the tears keep streaming as her hair covered her face.

Elias did not interrupt Luna as she spoke. He remained silent and listened to her until she finished and looked down at the floor. Now things are clearer and make sense to me, but I cannot leave her in this emotional state where she is crying. Whatever decision we make now I want her to be happy and not sad. We have legilimency lessons after all and we will still see each other in any other situation...

He rose up from his chair and moved closer to her. He went down on his knee in front of her and wiped away her tears.
"I have forgiven you, my dear," He spoke quietly. ”because you now have been honest with me and told me the truth an things are more clear now and I finally understand..." He paused as he looked into her eyes. I have mixed feelings about this, I feel both sadness, anger and humiliated because of being used and at the same time I feel relieved and grateful because she has told me the truth. And yet my heart still beats for her....

"I don't blame you for anything, it is not your fault but the ones who influenced you to take certain decisions and actions. Now, what do you desire? Honestly?"
Does she want to remain with me or to end this relationship? Whatever decision she wish to take, if she wishes to put an end, I'll still remain her loyal subordinate, I'll respect and accept her choice, as long as she is happy. And I? well, only time will heal my broken and wounded heart...

“Now, what do you desire? Honestly?"

“I desire a relationship, in which I understand that someone loves me for me, not for what I can potentially offer them in return. This, I already have. In addition, I desire a relationship in which I do not have to physically show my affection to my lover. ” she looked away.

“That’s not possible, since you have parents who need an heir, and you are still a man who desires the . . . company . . . of a woman. ” she said oddly. She looked into his eyes, which were full of hurt and humiliation, but still had lingering feelings of love. “Please, stop saying you do not blame me . . . that you forgive me. Yell at me . . . scorn me . . . just don’t tell me you have forgiven me, for it is a lie, I am sure of it. ” she stood up, and took several steps away from him. She shook her head, unsure of how to fix it. “If I were in your place, I’d never want to see such an awful person again. You don’t deserve this; I will find another way to learn Legillimency without you. Raven will protect me if anything happens, so you don’t have to worry; find yourself a woman who loves you back properly. ” she looked away, at Nagini, whose eyes were full of sadness as she stared back at Luna.

“You’ve said enough; you can leave soon . . . Then you can find solace in Alastair.” Nagini said, attempting to make her feel better.

Raven could re-write his memories . . . he would never even remember . . .

“I can see your logic there, but it may simply repeat itself all over again. ” Nagini said.

“That would be perfect.” Luna said in Parseltongue. “ If it did repeat itself, I could fix all of my mistakes from before. However . . . I would know, wouldn’t I? Then, remorse would get in my way. I will think about it, but in the end, his memories may return, correct?

“This, I have no knowledge of. ” Nagini said.

"Excuse me?" Robert said to Raven. He was only a minute early.

Crystal only glared off the top of her magazine for a second, then raised it up again.

"Excuse me-" Robert repeated politely, to Raven this time, "Am I late?"

"What's the matter?" Raven asked seriously. "Are all of the clocks at your home broken?" she finished rudely.

"No." Robert replied angrily. "I slept in, and started getting ready so quickly that I forgot to check the time, much less bring a watch."

"Where you out drinking, again? Partying with more prosti-" Raven began, reading his mind and not watching her tone.

"That's quite enough." Crystal cut in curtly. "I really don't want to hear the extent of Robert's foolishness."

"My apologies. " Raven said genuinely to Crystal, before turning back to Robert "Did you enjoy Elena last night?" Raven asked, as if asking a little boy if he enjoyed his dinner.

"Her name was Helena!" Robert said, both embarrassed and angry.

Raven took a step back, smiling contentedly. "You were foolish enough to correct me, which is dumber than blushing while denying it." she said quietly, so that only Crystal could hear.

Crystal smirked, and kept on reading. She isn't so bad; she recognized that Robert was a fool immediately. I wonder if she is one of Aislynn's friends, or just a subordinate. Either way, she is a bit odd.

“I desire a relationship, in which I understand that someone loves me for me, not for what I can potentially offer them in return. This, I already have. In addition, I desire a relationship in which I do not have to physically show my affection to my lover. ” Luna looked away.

I see... Elias thought thoughtfully.

“That’s not possible, since you have parents who need an heir, and you are still a man who desires the. . . company. . . of a woman. ” she said oddly.

Of course...Luna is fully aware of this..

She looked into his eyes, which were full of hurt and humiliation, but still had lingering feelings of love. “Please; stop saying you do not blame me. . that you forgive me. Yell at me. . . scorn me. . just don’t tell me you have forgiven me, for it is a lie, I am sure of it.” she stood up and took several steps away from him. She shook her head, unsure of how to fix it. “If I were in your place, I’d never want to see such an awful person again. You don’t deserve this; I will find another way to learn legillimancy without you. Raven will protect me if anything happens, so you don’t have to worry; find yourself a woman who loves you back properly.” she looked away, at Nagini, whose eyes were full of sadness as she stared back at Luna.

Elias stood up and looked at Luna with a frown as he waited for her to calm down. He looked at her as she spoke to Nagini. He walked over to her and waited as they both finished their conversation.

"I am not lying, Luna, you should know better.." He looked seriously at her and then continued: "And I won't yell at you, I do not wish to hurt you in return. I won't gain anything in scorning you. Our relationship did not work but that does not mean that I should scold or blame you because that won't make anything better but make the situation much worse...And do not worry about me I'll be fine.." He smiled gently and tried to find the right words to continue without hurting her. "Let's be friends," He finally said after a long silence. "That way we won't hurt each other, we do not need have any physical affection and I'll remain by your side as your loyal subordinate. If you still prefer someone else to teach you legilimency it is your decision otherwise I do not mind to continue to teach you the subject.." He smiled once again as if he wanted to assure her that he was not sad at all. "And please no more tears, I wish you to be happy, Luna."

When the clock stroke twelve during the noon and it was time for lunch, Aislinn devoured all the croissants, one by one. She took a deep breath for each croissant she ate with a dreamy look in her eyes and suddenly she discovered that she had eaten everything. Oh my, I did not save Luna, anything....what if Alastair comes back and discover this...Aislinn blushed of embarrassment as she summoned her quill, ink and parchment to write a note to Alastair.

If he had cooked some lunch for me, I would not have devoured all the remaining croissants... She shook her head as she tried to clear her mind. Merlin's beard, what am I thinking? He is not obliged to cook me lunch...but he asked me if he could assist me in anything, after all... She thought as she started to write a note to him, but she did not finish her note, but tearing it into pieces which she burnt. Merlin's beard, my words are so embarrassing....Mr. DiVilliers, I am sorry to have eaten all the croissants for lunch, but they were to delicious that I could not resist them because you have made such lovely croissants...I wonder what secret ingredient you use when you cook food, because the croissants taste like your charm, elegance and handsome features.. She suddenly burst out in giggles and blushed over her own thoughts and tried to calm down by taking glass of firewhiskey and a blow of smoke, which helped her a bit.

Before Aislinn apparated away to Knockturn Alley, she drank one special potion to give herself a breath of mint instead for firewhiskey and smoke. In case if I meet Alastair, I'll smell good... She thought and then suddenly shook her head. Merlin's beard, what am I thinking.... After one quick check in the mirror, to make sure she looked as perfect and pretty as she did in the morning, she apparated just outside Knockturn Alley.

Aislinn sighed deeply before she entered the alley. I rather have lunch with Alastair right now, but I have things to take care of first...

She walked down the road of cobbled stones and when she reached the Black Cobweb's pub, she immediately recognized the three of them. Raven, Crystal and Robert. I actually told Crystal and Robert to come at 5 o'clock...and they are here two hours earlier?...Well whatever, the sooner I get over with Robert the sooner I'll see Alastair.....

"Good afternoon.." Aislinn greeted them. She gave Raven a sneaky smile as she neared her and stood close to her. She did not look at Robert and she could feel his eyes on her. I am not surprised, of course he would look at me so much. I am differently dressed. The dress and make up I am wearing. And my hair.... She did not even look at Crystal. I am sorry, Crystal, but I need to play a good game so that Robert won't notice until I have crushed him...

"Let's talk inside..." She motioned towards the pub with her hand and entered. "Raven, I wish you to sit beside me and Robert and Crystal in front of me, please..."

"Good afternoon..." Aislinn greeted them. She gave Raven a sneaky smile as she neared her and stood close to her.

"Good afternoon." Both Crystal and Raven said at once.

Raven blushed when Aislynn stood close to her. She does trust me. I am so happy that she asked me to be here, let alone stand near me.

Robert stared in awe at Aislynn's beauty, but was slightly disappointed when she didn't look at him directly. "Good afternoon." he said, a moment later.

Crystal took a silent breath as Aislynn ignored her, yet followed her inside just the same. Perhaps she is still angry with me? Well, she didn't look at Robert, either, so at least she doesn't believe him.

"Let's talk inside..." She motioned towards the pub with her hand and entered. "Raven, I wish you to sit beside me and Robert and Crystal in front of me, please..."

"Yes, mist- miss." Raven said, almost saying 'mistress', which would have turned some odd questions. Sitting beside her . . . no one has given me such honor, to sit beside them . . . Not lower than them. she thought of her father, who had erected a smaller throne for her, several steps lower, and several feet away from where he sat. She used to sit there, and witness his important discussions with other angels. Rather than sit beside him, I sat alone, far away . . . like a child. Raven thought with contempt. A mistress who treats me better than my father deserves far better treatment than I returned to him. she thought, smiling once more.

"That's it for now. I do not wish to-" Luna began in Parseltongue.

"To feel anymore." Nagini finished, nodding her head obligingly.

"Thank you." Luna said, sighing deeply. "I feel so relieved." Luna said, once Nagini had finished. She now felt nothing, just as before. Not nothing, but barely, and that was much better than having her heart. "Elias. " she spoke, calmly turning to him. "Farewell, for now. I shall see you tonight, after dinner, for a Legilimency lesson." she spoke more formally "Thank you for your understanding..."

"Nagini. " she said, checking her watch. "I do believe that it is time for your game with Aislynn?"

"Yesss. Thank you." Nagini gave her a toothy smile.

Luna nodded to Elias on her way out, and disappeared in a puff of smoke, just as Aislynn was leading everyone else inside the pub. Nagini slithered in stealthily, and no one took notice of her except Raven, who winked wickedly.

"Good day, Aislynn." Nagini smiled as she caught up with her. "Apologies for my lateness." She quietly coiled in between Raven and Aislynn, and looked at Aislynn for instructions. "Simply give the word." she said quietly.

Crystal sat down reluctantly next to Robert, and took a deep breath. Did she ask us to sit next to each other because she views us both as being foolish, or because she wished to interrogate us at the same time? Yes, that is probably it . . .

Luna disappeared, and re-appeared outside Hogwarts. She made her way to the lake, and sat by it, awaiting Alastair's arrival.

Elias left to his office where he remained the rest of the day, burying himself under the blanket in the small bed in room beside his office. I have no one and nowhere to find solace and comfort at. My mother will just scorn and blame me...I have no one but myself now and only time will heal my broken heart...

"Excuse me, professor Quinn?" one of the third years asked. "But where is professor Shadowwalker? I thought that he was our new duelling teacher."

"I am substituting for him today," Quinn replied. "Now, pair up please so we can get starting!"

"Hello dear, you are never late,” Aislinn replied in parceltongue. "You arrived just in time..." She caressed Nagini and noticed the curious and confusing glances by Robert and Crystal. oh..of course, they don't understand parceltongue..
"Another friend and guest today as well. I thought it would be better to have a serpent here as a proof than just using words." Aislinn explained. "I can speak parceltongue." She smiled as if she was telling some foreigners that she could speak English. "Anything you'd like to drink? before I go ahead and explain everything as well as hearing you both out..." She ordered a glass of firewhiskey. This is so typically me hehe….

When both Robert and Crystal had placed their orders, Aislinn took a deep breath and blew out smoke right at Robert's face. He was sitting in front of her and she had decided to smoke, to reveal her true self. She smiled charmingly yet coldly towards him.

"I am related to Lord Voldemort," She said with a serious tone. "That is why I can speak parcel tongue. My maternal grandfather was cousin to the late dark Lord..." Aislinn paused to let her words sink in before she continued: "As on my father's side...I am related to vampires, because my father was a damphir..." She paused again to let her words sink in and took a sip of her drink, enjoying the burning sensation in her throat.

"Now, when you know more about me," Aislinn spoke, still addressing both Crystal and Robert at the same time..."We will discuss the issues which happened just before my trip to Transylvania. I told you that I will use my own method rather than veritaserum to reveal and distinguish between truth and lies. My friend, Raven, who has the ability to read minds, will be the one who will reveal the truth. But first I’m giving you both a chance. You have to explain to me why you quarrelled about me before my trip, what your intentions are and why you are competing about my friendship? Robert may start and when done Crystal may explain, now I don't want to hear you quarrel or interrupt each other, please." Aislinn nodded towards Robert and leaned back in her chair to listen.

Crystal politely looked away from Nagini, curious as to why a serpent had accompanied Aislynn. Is this snake a pet? It looks like Aislynn has trained it so well.

Robert, on the other hand, shifted uncomfortably in his seat as his face turned several shades paler, unable to keep his eyes off of Nagini.

"Another friend and guest today as well.”

Robert swallowed . . . friend?

"I can speak Parseltongue." She said.

“Really?” Crystal said, so interested that she forgot she was not on good terms with Aislynn. “That’s amazing!” she exclaimed to Aislynn. “I thought you had simply trained your serpent quite well!”

“Amazing? That’s quite uncommon . . . And the serpent is Luna’s, not Aislynn’s. I saw Luna having a stroll in the manor gardens with it. ” Robert said, so that only Crystal could hear.

"Anything you'd like to drink?, before I go ahead and explain everything as well as hearing you both out.”

“Yes, thank you.” Crystal said, appreciating that Aislynn was going to hear them both out.

Robert ordered a glass of Butterbeer, while glancing oddly at Aislynn for ordering Firewhiskey. Crystal ordered a chocolate milkshake with bits of chocolate chip cookie on top.

Robert grimaced disgustedly when Aislynn blew smoke into his face, and Crystal chuckled quietly.

Aislynn smiled charmingly yet coldly towards him, and he did his best to smile back with equal charm.

"I am related to Lord Voldemort," She said with a serious tone.

Crystal raised her eyebrows and inhaled quickly, surprised. Robert’s smile faltered, and his mouth opened and closed as if he wished to say something, but couldn’t find the words.

"That is why I can speak parcel tongue. My maternal grandfather was cousin to the late dark Lord..." Aislynn paused.

Robert said nothing, but Crystal got too excited to remain politely quiet.

“Really? That is so cool! That means that you are related to Luna! Does she know? I’m sure she would be quite pleased!” she smiled, so happy that Aislynn had chosen to share that piece of information with her.

"As on my father's side...I am related to vampires, because my father was a damphir..." She paused again.

“A . . . v-v-ampire?” Robert said, finally finding his voice. He was ready to leave at any moment now, fearful of Aislynn’s true nature.

“Is that true?” Crystal said quietly, but still loud enough for Aislynn to hear. For a moment, her expression was unreadable, but then she broke out in a wide smile.

“I have always wanted to meet a vampire . . . to see if all of the cliché’s were true. I am happy to see . . . that they are not.” She said, more to Robert than to Aislynn. “In fact, I think that it makes me more interested in getting to know you better.” She smiled, relaxed.

"Now, when you know more about me," Aislynn spoke, still addressing both Crystal and Robert at the same time..."We will discuss the issues which happened just before my trip to Transylvania.”

Robert smirked, finding a bit of his pride again, but Crystal looked out the window anxiously.

“I told you that I will use my own method rather than Veritaserum to reveal and distinguish between truth and lies. My friend, Raven,-“

Raven sat up a little straighter, realizing that she would have an important purpose in her mistress's life.
'
“-will reveal the truth. “

Robert’s eye twitched uncomfortably, unsure if he could lie without being noticed. She could be lying . . . but Crystal said that she could read minds. . . Are they playing a joke on me? Yes, that must be it.

“But first I’m giving you both a chance. You have to explain to me why you quarreled about me before my trip, what your intentions are and why you are competing about my friendship Robert may start and when done Crystal may explain, now I don't want to hear you quarrel or interrupt each other, please." Aislinn nodded towards Robert and leaned back in her chair to listen.

“You have my word-” Crystal said to Aislynn, while staring sternly at Robert “-that I shall not lie.”

“Mine as well.” Robert added quickly, clearly lying already. He took a deep breath, then began.

“I am sure you have realized that it may not be coincidence that she shares your taste in clothing, or music? ”

Robert . . . You’ve already messed up . . . Aislynn and I never got a chance to discuss our musical preferences. . .

“It was a game, from the beginning. The gifts . . . everything was a game. When one of us finds an interesting person, we race to see who will gain their friendship first. The person who loses must complete a large favor for the other, and hence a game was made. It was quite entertaining in the beginning, but I always won with my gifts, and natural charm.” he gestured to his charming smile “And Crystal always lost because she was just . . . being herself.” He shot her a condescending glance. “So, she started lying as well, to gain the favor of the person. However, our game had no rules . . . except one; if neither of us could gain the favor of the person within one month, then we would reveal the game, and we would both lose. It never reached that point, until we played with you- “ He sipped his wine “-And neither of us won.”

Lies! Furthermore, if it was such a game, I would have won . . . You merely pretended not to notice! Also, it didn’t even reach a full month! Are you still drunk or what?

Raven smirked, then leaned a bit closer to Aislynn, using her hand to block her mouth so that Robert and Crystal couldn’t read her lips. “Nothing that Robert has said is true,” she whispered “Also, I’ve looked into his memories without him noticing; it appears that he has wronged Crystal in the past. Although he repented, Crystal subconsciously bares a grudge. ”

“May I?” Crystal asked politely. My turn to express my side of the story . . . without lies and embellishments! Really, Robert! She told you not to lie! "When I first went into service to Luna, I heard so many great things about you, after I had gained her trust. " She began sincerely.

Robert rolled his eyes, and looked away. He soon became distracted with the attractive barmaid, Loretta, who was wearing a shorter skirt that revealed her long legs.

"It was then, that I began looking forward to meeting you. When we did meet, I was surprised to see the sort of person you were . . . You didn't care what others thought: You simply wore anything that suited the day's mood, or ate whatever you wished. I was even more attracted to your personality than anything. It was merely coincidence, that we happened to share the same taste in style, which is why I decided to take you on that shopping trip that day. I swear to you- " she said seriously "- that that was not a lie. " she paused, giving Robert a disgusted look when she followed his eyes to the barmaid. "Furthermore-" she continued after forcing herself to look away "I genuinely enjoyed the time we spent together. However, Robert and I have had our rougher times, and he sought revenge. So, he wished to ruin our friendship with a pitiful excuse of a lie!" she finished heatedly. She sighed and looked out the window once more, saying that she was done with her part.

"Clearly, she doesn't wish for you to know what happened between herself and Robert quite yet. Besides her anger, she speaks the truth." Raven whispered.

Nagini smirked, overhearing Raven's words.

“I am sure you have realized that it may not be coincidence that she shares your taste in clothing, or music?” Robert began.

Aislinn raised her eyebrow at this. I cannot remember that I discussed anything about music with Crystal...is he making a guess how far she and I have gotten to know each other?... She thought as she took a sip from her drink. Robert continued his story.

“It was a game, from the beginning. The gifts. . . everything was a game. When one of us finds an interesting person, we race to see who will gain their friendship first. The person who loses must complete a large favor for the other, and hence a game was made. It was quite entertaining in the beginning, but I always won with my gifts, and natural charm-” he gestured to his charming smile “And Crystal always lost because she was just. . . being herself.”

Ah...and Crystal was actually acting like herself when we spent some time together.....she was honest with me...

“So, she started lying as well, to gain the favor of the person. However, our game had no rules. . . except one; If neither of us could gain the favor of the person within one month, then we would reveal the game, and we would both lose. It never reached that point, until we played with you-

You should have known better than trying to play a game with me....

Aislinn kept her face straight as Raven whispered discreetly into her air. Raven confirmed my suspicion; I had a weird feeling about Robert's tale. Tsk...he is such a rascal.....Well now, I'll hear what Crystal have to say...I wonder if her grudge towards Robert has affected anything...

“May I?” Crystal asked politely.

Aislinn nodded, feeling more eager to hear Crystal's story.

"When I first went into service to Luna, I heard so many great things about you, after I had gained her trust. "she began sincerely.

Luna must have told Alastair a lot of great things about me as well... Aislinn slightly blushed as her mind wandered to Alastair. She devoured the rest of her drink all at once to stay focused with Crystal and Robert. While Crystal was telling her story, Aislinn noticed how Robert became distracted with an attractive barmaid who was wearing the shortest skirt Aislinn ever had seen.

He does not only look at the barmaid like as if he knows her, he is also eyeing her with such a perverted look...the way he looks at her tall and bare legs...as if he....how disgusting...he is just like Loyld Macnair, perverted indeed.....

"Clearly, she doesn't wish for you to know what happened between herself and Robert quite yet. Besides her anger, she speaks the truth." Raven whispered to Aislinn when Crystal had finished.

"Well..." Aislinn said after a while. She looked at Crystal and smiled warmly towards her before she turned her attention towards Robert.

"Of what I have heard from your story I assume that you failed in playing your foolish game with me....playing games like children…tsk...I don't have time with such silly games...I am an adult and I expect you to act as one as well....." She smiled as she rested her chin against her right palm and leaned forward. "Robert...be honest with me.." She continued with a warning tone before she turned towards Nagini and asked her in parceltongue: "Tell me dear, he wants something from me by trying to get closer to me with his lies, doesn't he? What do you think he might want?"

Of course, I already know what this perverted rascal wants......he would do anything to make it out with me......

Crystal smiled back, sighing in relief. It looks as though Raven has done her job.

"Of what I have heard from your story I assume that you failed in playing your foolish game with me....playing games like children...tsk...I don't have time with such silly games."

Crystal raised her eyebrows, surprised. Then, she smirked and turned to look out the window. Ah. . . I see. She wished to give Robert a hard time. . . not I.

"Robert...be honest with me.." She continued with a warning tone.

"My story shall not change." Robert said, although eyeing Raven nervously gave him away.

"Tell me dear, he wants something from me by trying to get closer to me with his lies, doesn't he? What do you think he might want?"

Robert shifted uncomfortably in his seat, eyeing Nagini now. Will she set the serpent on me? Surely not in the company of all of these people . . . he thought, looking around nervously.

"I believe that, at the moment, he would rather lie to get Crystal away from you, than tell the truth to get closer to you. " Nagini sighed. "Although, in the end, he would settle for you if he could have you. The problem is, he failed, in every way, to gain your favor. He has been lying for so long, he doesn't know how to tell the truth. In fact, he tried to get close to Crystal before he met you, because it was foreseen that she would come into the service of the Dark Mistress. His end goal? To get together with one lady from Luna's team, or even Luna herself, so that he may boast that his child will be from that bloodline that served that cause. Raven shares this perspective. " she said, nodding toward Raven. "However, I doubt that anyone who Luna sees fit to serve her will suit Robert's . . . tastes. Do you even know what he was doing last night? It was deplorable!" she hissed.

Robert jumped slightly, not understanding anything besides the fact that Nagini was getting angry.

"A lovely lunch for two." Alastair smiled. The table was set elegantly, with candles and silverware. Pie rested in the fridge, and a steaming roasted turkey sat on the table, along with all of the trimmings for a Muggle Thanksgiving meal. My favorite meal is sure to please her, since I am certain that we share the same tastes. I love surprising people. He thought with a warm smile. He waved his wand, and goblets placed themselves near the plates, and napkins folded themselves elaborately as he hummed a tune: Scarborough Fair. "A table set for two, is the best way to make a lady love you." he laughed. "Only when you have cooked the meal yourself." he chuckled as he walked upstairs to put on his best ascot.

"I understand now..." Aislinn replied, addressing both Nagini and Robert at the same time. He disgusts me and I don't wish and I don't need to hear any details of what he did last night. The way he eyed the barmaid was enough to give me suspicions before Nagini told me. And no matter the fact that he is such a bad liar he still choose to lie....he is so stubborn, desperately clinging to his lies while thinking that I am a fool who cannot see through him and his lies? He should look at Elias, how he treats ladies...or why Elias? Even if Elias is a respectful and honest man, he still arrogant. Robert should look at Alastair.....sigh...I am just wasting my time with someone who refuse to be honest with me. I wish I could have postponed this meeting and instead remained at Luna's manor, then I would have had the chance to get to know Alastair. But on the other hand, I could not have kept Crystal waiting. I made the decision before I went on my trip that I would resolve the issues with Robert when I came back....anyway I shall put an end to this meeting...Robert is useless...

"It looks like I am only wasting my time in vain," Aislinn spoke as she stood up. "Since you refuse to be honest with me, I am taking my leave. A man who is trying to feed me with lies is worthless." She uttered her last sentence bitterly and coldly. "Let's leave Nagini, I am tired and need to rest...".
"Thank you for your time, Raven, I appreciate it" She said gently as she bent down and embraced her. "And you..." She grinned towards Crystal before embracing her. "I'll see you whenever you have time...right now I need to take a nap..."

"And Robert, you can forget about trying to get closer to Luna, me or any other girl in the team with your methods," Aislinn spoke when she stood by the door. "Because there will always be someone who would willingly beat you up before Nagini does..." She laughed coldly as she stepped out from the pub.

As soon as she was outside, she disappeared in smoke and appeared at Luna's manor.
"You saw his face, Nagini, didn't you? He was nervous in Raven's presence and so scared of you," Aislinn laughed as she walked inside. She was chattering in parcel tongue when she suddenly smelled the lovely scent of roasted turkey. She thanked Nagini before she walked upstairs. It smells so good...but I cannot enter the dining room uninvited...what if it is not Luna but Alastair who had cooked? I cannot surprise him again like I did this morning....I saw on his face that he did not expect me. And I wasted a bottle of mint potion before the meeting with Robert and Crystal... Aislinn thought as she walked towards her bedroom, determined about taking a nap despite the lovely smell of the food.

"I understand now..." Aislinn replied, addressing both Nagini and Robert at the same time. Nagini smirked, and turned to Robert as if Aislynn had ordered her to strike Robert. Robert’s eyes grew big in fear, locking eyes with Nagini and too petrified to move. Nagini calmed herself, then turned away, looking at Raven with a ‘You have to agree, that was funny’ face. Raven visibly stifled a chuckle as Robert calmed down once more.

"Since you refuse to be honest with me I am taking my leave. A man who is trying to feed me with lies is worthless." She uttered her last sentence bitterly and coldly. "Let's leave Nagini, I am tired and need to rest . . ." Nagini nodded, and followed. Robert sighed audibly as he saw Nagini leave behind Aislynn.

"Thank you for your time, Raven, I appreciate it" She said gently as she bent down and embraced her. Raven returned the hug, and smiled, whispering in her ear. “Anytime you wish, my mistress, I shall assist you with my best intentions.” She said formally.

At least Crystal isn’t friends with Aislynn anymore. . . Robert thought, before he saw the warm look Aislynn gave her.

"And you..." She grinned towards Crystal before embracing her. "I'll see you whenever you have time...right now I need to take a nap..."

“I look forward to it!” Crystal smiled gratefully, with a ‘thank you for giving me a fair chance to explain’ look.

Shit! They are still friends, and I lost Aislynn! At least Luna still-

"And Robert, you can forget about trying to get closer to Luna, me or any other girl in the team with your methods," Aislinn spoke when she stood by the door. "Because there will always be someone who would willingly beat you up before Nagini does..." She laughed coldly as she stepped out from the pub, leaving Robert with a stricken look on his face.

“Congratulations, Robert.” Crystal said maliciously. “You’ve lost everything, again. Time to seek the company of an escort to tuck you in for the night.” She said in disgust. She used his unstable state to push him off of his seat, stepping over him and making for the door.

”You wouldn’t happen to-“ Robert began charmingly as soon as he sat back down. He had turned to Raven, and pretended like nothing had happened only moments previously.

“You are shameless!” Raven said, slapping him so hard that he fell off of his chair, again. Several onlookers laughed, and Robert’s face quickly bruised from Raven’s painful strike, his hand barely able to touch the skin.

"You saw his face, Nagini, didn't you? He was nervous in Raven's presence and so scared of you," Aislinn laughed as she walked inside.

“It was a good laugh!” Nagini smirked. After a couple of moment, she spoke seriously. “Thank you for taking me along. It was quite enjoyable!” she smiled, looking up at her. “Just so you know, Luna knows exactly what he does when he is not following her orders. She merely kept him around for fun . . . Eventually, he would end up like everyone else who fails to be of significance to. . . “ Nagini trailed off as both of hem took in the lovely scent of food, and Nagini remembered something important.

Aislynn thanked Nagini before she walked upstairs, and Nagini replied with a polite “Your welcome”, before hurrying off to see Alastair. “She has returned!” Nagini smiled politely to Alastair once she entered his room, where he had just finished with his ascot. “Lovely.” He smiled, walking past Nagini to Aislynn’s door in the other wing of the manor. “Excuse me?” he knocked gently, twice. “Would you do me the honor of joining me for dinner tonight?”

He spoke first as soon as Aislynn opened the door. “I completely understand if the answer is no.” he said gently, smiling.

When Aislinn had brushed her teeth and was looking for more relaxing clothes to wear, someone knocked twice at her door. She opened the door to find Alastair to her surprise. How did he know? Did he expect that I was home all day or was I too loud when I came back? she thought embarrassed.

“Would you do me the honor of joining me for dinner tonight?” he asked.

She was stunned and feeling speechless for a moment. Merlin's beard, how did he know? It is not like it is written on my face?

“I completely understand if the answer is no.” he said gently, smiling when she did not say anything.

"Why? I cannot say no," she finally managed to say, chuckling, her cheeks glowing slightly red. "I'll join you soon, in a few minutes," she smiled before closing her door. Sleep can wait and besides I would never be able to take a nap now when I got the opportunity to dine with him… She thought as she rushed to the floor length mirror and looked quickly at her image. I still look like I did before I met Robert and Crystal a couple of hours ago...no need to change anything...I just regret that I wasted a bottle of mint potion before the meeting... anyway, it does not matter anymore...it is actually just a dinner/ lunch and not a date..

Aislinn walked out from her bedroom and descended the stairs, feeling a little nervous. It is just Luna's brother, not a stranger... She thought to get rid of her nervous feeling.

"Why? I cannot say no," she finally managed to say, laughing as she blushed.

Alastair warmly returned the smile.

"I'll join you soon, in a few minutes," she smiled.

"Very well." he said politely, with the slight bow of his head. He turned away just as she closed the door, his black floor-length coat swishing behind him.

"You are dressed quite well tonight." Nagini smiled as he made his way downstairs to the dining room.

"I will assume that you are paying me a compliment?" Alastair inquired, eyeing Nagini's countenance curiously.

Nagini nodded as they entered the dining room. She bid him farewell, simply by nodding politely once more, before leaving.

Alastair took a seat, sitting with his back straight, legs crossed. One hand went to his temple, and the other held his glass of wine. Besides wine, he had also put out a small bottle of Firewhiskey. When Aislynn entered a minute later, Alastair immediately stood up and walked over to her, gracefully setting his glass down as he went. "Lovely to see you." he greeted, pulling out her chair so that she could sit. When she did so, he pushed it in properly, then walked to the center of the table and raised his wand. "I do hope you enjoy the meal." he smiled as he served her just the right amount of everything. "Would you like wine-" he asked, gesturing to her empty glass, "Firewhiskey, or water? There is also a variety of fruits, so any juice you would like can be available within seconds." He was always dressed well, but tonight he was dressed even better than usual. He spoke quickly, but still slow enough to be heard properly. He operated in a formal manner, yet still warm and gentle . . . quite charming.

"Very well." he smiled once Aislynn had decided on her drink. He served her, then set his own portion before sitting down. "Did your business go well?" he asked. He wasn't being nosy, simply politely interested.

When Aislinn entered the dining room, Alastair immediately stood up and walked over to her.

"Lovely to see you." he greeted, pulling out her chair so that she could sit.

lovely? what am I supposed to reply? She thought uncertainly as she sat down.

"I do hope you enjoy the meal." he smiled as he served her just the right amount of everything. "Would you like wine-" he asked, gesturing to her empty glass, "firewhiskey, or water? There is also a variety of fruits, so any juice you would like can be available within seconds."

"I'll have a glass of water, please," She thanked him politely and then looked at the delicious meal in front of her. No wine or firewhiskey for tonight. I need to stay clear in my mind. Since I do not drink but a few times, I am not used to liquors and I might become too comfortable and do or say things I should not. Juice that would be available within seconds? Sounds delicious and that he would prepare any juice I would like. If it was Sherwood, I would have played around with him, making him do anything for my selfish desires, but not with Alastair, no, he has prepared this lovely dinner and I feel it is too embarrassing to ask him for more, even if he is treating me as if he would fulfil my wishes. Anyway, I can have juice for breakfast tomorrow...

"Very well." he smiled, and she returned his smile as he served her and set his own portion before sitting down.

She glanced at him as he sat down in front of her. So elegantly and formally dressed. Why didn't I change to a gown?... She thought and then remembered that most of her closet consisted of clothes that would never match his ascot. She only had one gown, which she once wore for the gala months ago. I think I need to go shopping with Crystal again hehehe...

"Did your business go well?" he asked politely interested.

"Yes, thank you, I hope it went well for you as well today." she replied politely, feeling unsure of what more to say. I can hear on his tone that he is not being nosy, and he only asked me if my business went well, not what kind of business I had today, but how did he know? Anyway, that does not matter anymore...
"This is so delicious..." She commented smilingly as she ate slowly, enjoying the lovely taste of roasted turkey and not wanting the dinner to come to any end.
But sooner or later it will...though hopefully this won't be our last time...

"You're welcome." he smiled, seeing that she was enjoying the food. She looks that she is being honest in that she actually enjoys it. I remember how Luna became so good at lying when she detested someone's meal . . . It took me a while to learn when she was telling the truth, but it doesn't look like I will have to do the same with Aislynn. Glad to have met an honest person. He thought happily. They ate in silence for a few moments, while Alastair waited for Aislynn to speak first.

"Alastair and Aislynn?" Luna said oddly when Nagini told her that Alastair was dining with her.

"Yesss. He asked me earlier to alert him when Aislynn returned-" Nagini spoke as Luna stood in her bedroom, having just arrived. "-and I really wish that I could speak with him. "

"How have been communicating this far?" she asked curiously, getting her mirror from her bag.

"He asks a bunch of questions until I nod instead or shake my head. " Nagini laughs. "However, he is not the type to ask too many wrong questions. It is easier than you'd imagine. Luna?" Nagini said as Luna looked at Alastair's face in her mirror, eating quietly, with the same manners she used.

"Yes? " she replied distractedly, looking back at Nagini a moment later.

"I know what you are thinking, and it is nothing like that. Trust me, Luna, he doesn't mean any harm at all by simply asking Aislynn to eat with him. " Nagini assured.

"I tend to think things the wrong way, normally . . . " Luna paused "But I am certain that I know what he is doing . . . He is trying to get closer to Aislynn, the same way I would if I was in his position. He will cook for her, then appear to clean up without a second thought. He will then ask her if there is anything else she needs, then retire to his bedroom for the night. In the morning, he will leave a note on her door, explaining that . . . " Luna continued telling Nagini what she thought would happen, then finished three minutes later. " . . . And that is why he wishes to court her. " Luna smiled, finally relaxing.

"That is quite a sweet reason to do that with Aislynn." Nagini nodded.

"I am quite happy that my brother isn't at all like Cerbe- I mean Aaron . . . " she corrected, as she didn't like saying his real name. ". . . You know . . . taking it slow and actually caring about the feelings, rather than always making the other person do as he wishes." she finished bitterly.

"I am glad that Aislynn will be able to have a man who truly loves her . . . Who is perfect in every way . . . " Luna sighed, regretting that Elias had made her feel as if she should always be apologizing for things she shouldn't have to.

"Forget about him." Nagini said firmly.

"Yes." Luna nodded. "I am, and have always been . . . fine on my own. I don't need a man to fill the void that came with removing my heart, since I have thus far been fine. " She smiled to herself as she made for the bathroom, grabbing a fresh towel from the closet as she went. "Thank you, Nagini" she smiled "for helping me once more. I will never fail to have a need for you. However . . . " she smiled into the bathroom mirror, returning to her own self once more. ". . . I think you can guess who just failed to be of use." she laughed before closing the bathroom door.

She slept that night to violent fantasies about what she would soon be doing to Elias. That reminds me . . . We will be proceeding with the torture of the other professors. I was waiting for Aislynn, but now that she has returned, I see no reason to further delay the fun. I shall inform her tomorrow, then send out invitations to everyone else the next day . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back