• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"I.....ehmm...one more dance please," Aislinn blushed as she smiled.

"Of course." Alastair bowed his head obligingly, and he took her hand once more, dancing to the next song. I wonder where my Luna is . . . she should have been back already . . .

"May I have one dance with you, please?" Two men spoke at once, but Crystal understood them.

"Well ehm I was first..."

Crystal tastefully looked away to hide her smile. I have never had anyone fight over me before. However, I would rather choose anyone but Avery . . . He goes in the same category as Robert.

"The choice is hers."

Crystal pretended to deliberate for just a moment, but she knew her decision long before she said "If you do not mind, I'd like to dance with Macnair." she smiled politely to Avery.

Luna resisted the urge to draw her wand as Vincent slid an arm around her waist, understanding that he wouldn't harm her. "I'll explain inside..." He replied quietly as he led her indoors.

Luna looked uncertainly back at the doors, which had just closed themselves, and knew that she could easily disappear into smoke at any time.

"Do not worry; I am not going to bite you..." He hurried to say as he led her further inside.

Although Luna was quite disappointed, she kept it well out of her voice when she replied. "It's quite alright; I am not afraid at all, let alone worried." she assured him. Luna did not speak a single word as he led her through the house, glancing curiously at the decor and furniture. When he led her into a dark room where he carefully closed and looked the door behind him, she kept her own bedroom in kind, in case she needed to appear there within seconds. She looked around with what little light there was, appreciating his darker tastes. Even with her heel-less shoes on, she could feel that the carpet was soft underfoot. With his arm still around her waist he walked over to the lounge chair when he sat down. She allowed him to pull her into a sitting position, keeping her back straight as always.

"I guess it must be very painful, to be bitten by someone like me..." Vincent smiled though his tone was serious.

He's worried about my sensibility? I am prepared for pain, as I have endured much worse.

"Fatal or not, my victims always struggle and scream for mercy when I pierce..." Here he caressed her neck softly and gently. "...their necks...."

So, that cliche is true.

"...and I always devour all their blood until the very last drop...I have never tried to leave them halfway because I can never satisfy myself with a less amount that does not cease my hunger."

"My apologies-" Luna began quietly"- I merely read that vampires can only have a certain amount of blood at once. I assumed that you had nearly reached your capacity, enough so that you could . . . " she trailed off, as she wasn't certain of how to finish the sentence as he sat down beside her.

"Please make yourself comfortable...." He smiled as he gently pushed her back so that she leaned against the pillow of the couch.

She wondered what his intention was as he leaned forward, before she felt some warm liquid drip onto her neck. She kept still once more as the sensation of him licking her neck came, and she closed her eyes. She listened to his words, understanding his reasons now. She opened his eyes once he had stopped, and saw his smile, his fangs showing clearly.

"You may touch if you'd like to feel them..."

She opened her mouth, unsure of how to respond. Would one respond with 'no thank you', or 'perhaps another time?' How does this work? Luna sat up straight once more, and spoke clearly. "No, thank you. I do appreciate you taking the time to explain everything to me in detail. However, if ever there is a time that you have just enough blood to quench your . . . thirsts . . . I'd like to understand the sensation. " She stood up straight, and faced him formally, holding out her hand in farewell. "Thank you for your time. Farewell." She turned to leave, wondering if Raven was having a good time.

Aislinn smiled happily, her cheeks glowing of her feverish and overwhelming feelings, as she once again danced with Alastair. I never ever thought that it would be easier to fall in love with someone than to get to know someone…should I perhaps be the bold me and take the first step in case if he didn't in due course? That is so difficult...It would be a horrible experience if he turned me down... She thought for herself but kept a happy face, not allowing her own worries and fears to take over her mind.

b7d60af0d5be2d30066b0694d863ecb9.gif

Vincent took her hand as she hold it out in farewell but when she turned to leave, he neared her and embraced her from behind, locking her in his arms as he spoke quietly in her ear:

"I understand now, you desire to be bitten by me, don't you?"

He nibbled her neck, leaving soft bite marks without piercing her skin and then he asked her:
"Are you sure about this?"

"You want to feel the sensation of it, if so..." He loosened her from his grip and turned her around so that she faced him before he continued: “...would you then give me sensation in return?.." He smiled as he eyed her from head to toe as if he was not hungering for blood but for something quite else.

221f2865ea3d740f742b8441747147ed.png

Macnair grinned proudly as he led the girl to the dance floor.

"Apologizes for not introducing myself properly, I am Lloyd Macnair, and who I am honored to dance with this beautiful night?" He smiled as soon as they swirled around. He wondered at the same time if he had managed to speak as eloquent as Elias.

Avery was left astonished. That's so typically Lloyd, always taking everything I set my eyes on..

"Hey, Lachlan," Persephone smiled as she neared him, holding a glass of cherry drink in her right hand while walking arm in arm with her brother. "Do you know where Elias is?" She asked and sipped her sweet drink.

"No...I.." Avery looked around in confusing and was surprised to see that Elias was nowhere to be seen. "And I can't even see our mistress anywhere....do you think they are...well...ehm..."

"She said she would have some business to attend before joining us."

"But what if, you know, I mean perhaps she said that to be alone with Elias.."

"I doubt it, didn't you see how they greeted each other when we arrived here earlier this evening?"

"Of course I saw, but that was because of the potions which Ivan gave him...and-"

"And you mean that he become to his own senses when he got the blow by that half giant?-"

"Yes, that is why I think they might be together now..."

Business or love? Only Merlin knows... Persephone thought as she sipped her drink.

"I understand now, you desire to be bitten by me, don't you?"

Luna was so surprised by his sudden embrace that she inhaled sharply. As he nibbled her neck her eyes widened, confused by the fact that he had both told her he wouldn't bite her, then quickly embraced her to do so.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes. I am a person who believes in trying anything once. " She said firmly, yet her voice was quiet. Well, except for that.

"You want to feel the sensation of it, if so..." He loosened her from his grip and turned her around so that she faced him before he continued: "...would you then give me sensation in return?..."

At first Luna was confused, for he knew full well that she didn't have fangs. Then, she understood what he meant by the look in his eyes as he looked her up and down. Her body tensed uncomfortably, and she put on a mask so formal that he understood her completely. "My apologies. It appears that I have been quite rude to offer nothing in return-" Although I thought my blood would suffice . . . Along with the bottle . . . "-What you seek . . . You will never be able to receive from me. " Henceforth, it appears that I have mistaken you for a gentleman . . . "Farewell, and my many thanks for your time." she finished, as she held out her hand once more. As far as it went, she could nearly control every part of her face to conceal even the slightest emotion . . . Nearly every part, except for her eyes. The look behind her eyes said that she was both disappointed . . . and angry.

"Crystal Thorne." Crystal replied politely. "Pleasure meeting you. You're the one who asked for the giant, correct?" She smiled, hoping to find out how it had gone. As they danced, Crystal was certain he would notice that she wasn't nearly as graceful as Luna. Once, she nearly stepped on his feet, but that was the worst she did.

"Thank you for that dance as well." Alastair smiled, bowing to her once the song had finished. "Would you care for a drink?" he smiled gently, raising his wand to summon himself a glass of wine from all across the ballroom. He summoned eight different kinds of drinks, including Firewhiskey and two colors of wine for Aislynn to choose. They hovered three feet away from her at eye-level, patiently awaiting her choice as Alastair smiled charmingly.

"No need to apologize..." Vincent spoke firmly as he unlocked and opened the door to his room. "It is I who should apologize for disappointing and angering you.......I am very sorry," He led the way down to the front doors. "I thought you were seeking to become my lover when you spoke of your desire to be bitten by me for your own pleasure and sensation, since it is very a common thing by vampire females to do. Now I have completely understood that human females are quite different.... Farewell friend of Aislinn," He bowed on his head with a polite smile as he held up the front door.

"Yes, it was I.." Macnair replied half amused. "It was rather more like a pain than amusement. I don't know who to put the blame on...was it my fault to ask Elias to join me or his fault that he let that giant loose?" He could not help but laugh. "It would be fun he said, then he told me that magic did not work on giants after that he had loosened him from his chains...great, right?" There was a hint of sarcasm in his two last words. He was about to continue his tale, which was typically of him as he enjoyed bragging for a lady about himself, when he suddenly felt that she nearly stepped at his feet. He smiled as if it was nothing at all. "Well, Elias toyed around with the giant until he miscalculated his timing and got a blow...and I was left to finish him off all on my own..." Macnair smiled proudly. They swirled around for several minutes until he remembered that he also should ask her. I can not only brag about myself, I need to show my interest in her as well..

"And what about you? Who did you get to punish for your enjoyment?"

Aislinn tried to keep her face as straight as possible and smile politely without making a big -oh face- when Alastair summoned several different kind of drinks for her to choose.
She picked a shiny tall glass of sparkling red cherry juice with an umbrella topping and a straw covered with tiny heart shaped gummy sweets.

"Thank you," She smiled

Luna nodded a silent yet polite farewell to Vincent, having said it too many times already. Female vampires do? Hmm . . . She turned, and disappeared without another word, re-appearing back at the door to Raven's room in the dungeons. "Raven? How did it go?" she asked politely.

"Oh." Raven smiled wickedly. She had been waiting for Luna to arrive. "Quite well. I do believe he'll rest in pieces." she smirked. "Thank you, mistress-" she bowed formally -"for giving me this pleasure."

"Do not thank me, Raven." Luna said sternly. "You, of all creatures, deserve it."

Raven was touched by her words, and she rose from her bow. "Shall I . . . ?" she asked insecurely.

"Yes. I am certain you will do just fine. Trust me." Luna smiled. "Go on and get ready. I will see you at the ball."

Crystal noticed how he spoke, enjoying boasting about his foolish efforts.

"Hmm. I had quite a bit of fun myself. " she said when he finally asked her. "That old dingbat Slughorn had a taste of hell . . . I burnt him alive." She said her last sentence with such fervency that it was stunning. "I can conjure fire wandlessly." she added modestly.

"I didn't know you liked cherry." Alastair said, raising his eyebrows in polite interest. "I prefer more of an apple and spice flavor when it comes to fruit flavors." While Luna prefers sour things.

Luna appeared near the orchestra, and sat down discreetly on a chair she conjured. She summoned a lemonade, removed the mint leaves, then magically changed the color of it, so that it looked like white wine. She intended to remain seated until Raven arrived.

A tall, darkly-dressed lady appeared timidly at the entrance of the labyrinth. She wore an elegant black fishtail dress with a modest v-neckline. One sleeve was long and flowing, while the other was made of lace, twisting around her arm like a spider web. She wore black earrings that were so well crafted to look like large tear-shaped drops of blood. Lastly, her hair was in the most elegant bun she had ever worn, with a wonderfully wavy fringe cleverly covering her green eye, and her black rose fastened to stay in place all night. She descended the stairs, and Alastair noticed her before she reached the bottom.

"Excuse me?" Alastair asked Aislynn politely. "Do you mind if I leave you for a moment?" he discreetly gestured to Raven, who was visibly insecure.

"Thank you."He made his way gracefully across the ballroom, sliding in and out of other people so easily that he didn't disrupt any of their dances. At the same time, he drank from his glass in small sips. "Good evening, Raven." Alastair smiled politely.

"Good evening, Alastair." she said, locking eyes with Luna all the way across the room.

Luna responded by nodding her head encouragingly.

"Are you alright? You seem you be rather uncomfortable." Alastair spoke gently.

"Yes. I am just not used to being around this many people at once. It has been quite a while since . . . " she trailed off, not wishing to speak to Alastair about her past at the moment.

"Not to worry-" Alastair smiled warmly, taking her hand and leading her into a dance "-there is no need to ponder past problems. Tonight, you shall enjoy yourself. "

"Thank you." Raven smiled. Her body was so tense, it was difficult for her to get into the rhythm of the dance, even though Alastair was a superb leader.

"You're doing quite well. " Alastair smiled, seeing as how Raven wasn't enjoying herself on the dance because she was trying so hard to get the moves correct. "Try to relax a bit. There is no need at all to be so tense. "

Raven nodded, and little by little she grew more relaxed until eventually she forgot that they were dancing as she became so taken by his eyes and graceful movements. She hated the fact that the dance was over, and he seemed to sense that when he said "Once more?"

"Yes. Thank you." she smiled, so relieved that he had seen the anger behind her eye.

After the second dance, Raven was relaxed enough to enjoy the ball.

"Thank you for the dance." Alastair bowed, before saying "If you do not mind, I have another lady who wishes to dance."

"I do not mind at all. Thank you for taking the time to assist me." she smiled gratefully. He is so sweet . . . He wants nothing in return but my gratitude and comfort.

He made his way back to Aislynn, then said "I hope you didn't mind. This is Raven's first time at a ball in so long. I merely wished to ensure her enjoyment before ensuring my own. Now-" he said, his charming mask replacing his apologetic one "-shall we dance once more?" he smiled, seeing as she had finished her drink.

Raven walked carefully along the side of the ballroom, unable to go through the crowd as Alastair had. Finally, she reached Luna.

"You did wonderfully, Raven. Quite well, for someone who has never been to a human ball before." Luna smiled gently.

"Thank you. " Raven smiled.

Luna conjured another chair for Raven, then they sat together in silence, enjoying the surroundings and music.

"Luna?" Raven asked politely.

"Yes?" she replied politely.

"You always sit so rigidly in your seat, incapable of ever truly relaxing. Yet, that never reflects in your conversations of performance . . . Why?"

"It is no one's fault but my own if I am incapable of relaxing. Why should that be deemed acceptable . . . for it to influence anything or anyone else's enjoyment?"

The way she said it, so cold and distant, showed Raven that Luna was saddened no one had ever noticed.
Even with the way my parents were so kind to me . . . There was always the underlying message that manners were more important than emotions . . . That feeling has never left me.

"...... I burnt him alive." Crystal said her last sentence with such fervency that it was stunning.

Burnt him? With Incendio…? What did I do? I conjured an axe and slashed that giant's head.... perhaps if I have managed to burn him alive that Monroe girl wouldn't have taunted me...

"I can conjure fire wandlessly." she explained modestly.

"Wow, that is impressive," he praised her. "I cannot conjure anything without my wand, I think I’m most skilled with evaporating in smoke and flying without any support" He said proudly, clearly boasting about himself just as usual.

"I love anything sweet, sour and even spicy..." Aislinn confessed smilingly. "But I still have not learned to like the bittersweet taste of wine..." She remembered the first time when she had been drinking it at the gala of which she was invited by Aaron Glass.

She was expecting the conversation to continue with Alastair, just as they have been starting to speak to each other, telling what kind of flavors they liked when he suddenly said:

"Excuse me?"

She raised a surprising eyebrow and looked at the direction of Raven who he was discreetly gesturing at. "Do you mind if I leave you for a moment?"

"Not at all," She smiled.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome..." Merlin's hairy beard, just when I managed to make a conversation with him he decides to leave...I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

When a tall, darkly-dressed lady appeared timidly at the entrance of the labyrinth, everyone's eyes fell on her. Avery almost choked on his wine of nervousness and arousal when he eyed her from head to toe. I think got the luck in the bad luck, she is even prettier than the girl in purple dress and top hat... He followed her with each step she took as she proceeded to walk further in the ballroom. He devoured his full goblet all at once and decided to try his luck. But before he had time to take any step towards her, she was suddenly approached by mistress' adoptive brother. Why the bloody hell? He thought sadly as he picked up his fifth goblet of wine to comfort himself. He watched with a sigh as the beautiful and charming woman swirled around in a graceful dance.

"I hope you didn't mind," Alastair asked when he was back.

"Not at all," Aislinn nodded smilingly after she had devoured all the tiny heart shaped gummy sweets that had been attached to the straw in her drink.

"This is Raven's first time at a ball in so long. I merely wished to ensure her enjoyment before ensuring my own. Now-" he said, his charming mask replacing his apologetic one "-Shall we dance once more?" he smiled, seeing as she had finished her drink.

"I would love to," She spoke softly and charmingly. The sweet drink with its sweets and sugar had made her more comfortable and bolder than any other liquor could have made. Her hair bun had become looser, some curls had found their ways out and fell carelessly down at her shoulders. She draw out her wand and adjusted her hair bun, but instead of tugging it back in her sleeve, she stuck it right through her hair bun, thinking that it would keep her bun at place and at the same time giving her a charming look since she had become so comfortable because of the sweet cherry drink.

"Now, what were we chatting about when you decided to leave me?" She teased him smilingly as soon they started to dance.

Avery could almost not believe his luck when he noticed that the beautiful dark dressed lady had left the dance floor and went to take a seat. With his seventh goblet in his hand he made his way through the others, his eyes on the lady. He nearly wobbled as he tried to walk steadily, pushing the crowd of girls who were standing in his way. Faeryn, Endewyne and Adela almost tripped at each other as they tried to keep their balance and not to fall at the ground.

"What's the matter with him?" Adela hissed angrily.

"Drunk like a fool of course..." Faeryn remarked as she watched Avery making his way towards their mistress.

When Avery approached the two ladies, his mistress and the mysterious beautiful lady, he smiled charmingly, running his fingers through his hair to keep it out of his face. He looked like a love struck fool as he bowed to the unknown lady.

"May I have one dance with you, my lovely?" He asked her, his bloodshot eyes looking dreamily at her and there was clear scent of red wine in his breath.

"I believe we were speaking of which flavors we preferred. I was about to ask you if there were any foods you preferred, and disliked. " Alastair smiled, ignoring her foolishly-placed wand.

"Ah." he nodded. "I myself favor chicken, with fish as a close second. Spicy food has always been my preference when it comes to savory dishes, and I enjoy any soups or salads that you can name. Fine dining has never quite suited my tastes . . . or my appetite." he smirked as he referenced the tiny portions at fancy restaurants.

"When it comes to desserts, however, I prefer ice cream, mint chocolate chip in particular. Chocolate pie comes as my second favorite dessert. " he smiled. "However, any dessert with chocolate in it is lovely. "

He spoke about his tastes in foods with the same elegance he normally used. Although he spoke many words about himself, he kept his eyes on Aislynn the whole time, and never used the prideful tone that most men used when speaking of themselves.

"I'd love to make it for you, sometime, since it is a dessert I know how to make quite well." Alastair smiled.

"Thank you." Crystal smiled when their dance was finished. She smiled politely and gave Macnair a small curtsy before walking over to the drinks table. She decided to walk through the least crowded area, moving around the few people that there were in that area. She picked up a glass of pumpkin juice, and took a sip. She nearly choked when she saw Avery attempting to make his way across the ballroom, drunk. She didn't hold back as she laughed out loud at his foolishness. Why would he want to ask Luna to dance with him? She thought, shaking her head. One of the dancers had blocked her view of Raven. When they moved, she got a perfect view of Raven. Who is that? She wondered. I think I'll go find out.

Raven raised her eyebrows, and was about to reply when Luna gently touched her shoulder to reply for her.

"You should have asked before you became so wine-sodden that you forget the steps." Luna replied curtly in Raven's stead.

"No, it's fine." Raven said. She raised her hand, and pointed it to Avery's stomach. "There. Now, all of the alcohol in your body is gone." she smiled cheerfully, already halfway out of rising from her chair when Luna gently touched her once more.

"He remains an unsuitable candidate for a dancing partner." Luna said simply. "This man only seeks one thing."

Raven locked eyes with Avery, gave him a disgusted look, and sat back down. "Well, there is your answer." Raven said, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows in a 'you should leave now' face. I wouldn't want this to turn into a date with someone like Robert. Ugh! I'm so glad my mistress warned me against even attempting it.

"You should be weary of people like him. " Luna smiled knowingly once he had left. "They all end up the same way, since they strive for the same goal. They are all filthy, no matter how they dress or act. For something rotten on the inside can never be cleaned . . . " People do not change.

"I love red meat, turkey, chicken and anything spicy. Fish does not taste bad, but I am fonder of other kind of meat" Aislinn told Alastair.

"Ah." he nodded. "I myself favor chicken, with fish as a close second. Spicy food has always been my preference when it comes to savory dishes, and I enjoy any soups or salads that you can name. Fine dining has never quite suited my tastes. . . or my appetite." he smirked as he referenced the tiny portions at fancy restaurants.

"Fine dining would only satisfy one’s hunger when you have triple portions," Aislinn chuckled.

"When it comes to desserts, however, I prefer ice cream, mint chocolate chip in particular. Chocolate pie comes as my second favorite dessert. " he smiled. "However, any dessert with chocolate in it is lovely. "

"I only eat ice cream when it is summer, I love chocolate and liquorice flavors though I have never tried out chocolate pie, but I adore anything with chocolate. Chocolate ganache cake topped with sweet berries is my favorite one."

"I'd love to make it for you, sometime, since it is a dessert I know how to make quite well." Alastair smiled.

"Oh, how sweet of you, thank you," She blushed as she smiled.

Avery came to his senses all of sudden and looked both scared and confused for a second but then calmed himself down as he remembered that he had asked the mysterious lady for a dance. He smiled and was waiting for a positive answer as he held out his hand to her when his mistress suddenly interrupted.

"He remains an unsuitable candidate for a dancing partner. This man only seeks one thing."

His smile faltered as he wondered what she was meaning by that, when the mysterious lady locked eyes with him, gave him a disgusted look, and sat back down.

"Well, there is your answer." She said, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows in a 'you should leave now' face.

"My apologizes..." He shrugged and then turned away and left.

Seeks one thing? He thought confusingly as he made his way back to the tables. My mistress cannot know that I used to poke my nose when I was a little child...she cannot have seen me how I eat at the table during my younger years...perhaps I should watch myself now when I eat, since Max and Phonie have complained recently how I eat during our meals at Hogwarts...but what does she means with seeking one thing? Of course, I was seeking someone to dance with...

"You're the most welcome," Macnair replied and was about to ask her if she liked to take a drink with him when she curtsied and left. Well, never mind... He thought as he walked to the tables and placed himself several feet away from Crystal. He was wondering what he should do to befriend her when he suddenly saw her laughing out aloud. He looked confused at her and wondered for a second if she had taking a to strong liquor when he suddenly spotted Avery close to their mistress and an unknown lady. Merlin's beard, what a fool...

Macnair could not help but laugh when Avery came back with a disappointed look, already knowing that he had failed in his attempts to ask another lady for a dance. He smirked as he thought that he would try his luck now and made his way to where his mistress where sitting.

He smiled as he approached the two ladies and bowed to them.

"May I have one dance with you, my lady?" He asked politely as he looked at the mysterious lady and met her eyes calmly.

Raven looked at Luna before responding. Luna nodded in a 'he's not the same type of man' way.

"Yes." Raven smiled as she stood up gracefully, although her body had tensed up again. "I'd be delighted."

They danced together, and she easily fell into each step, disrupting neither their dance, nor their conversation. "May I inquire your name?" Raven said halfway through their silent dance.

"My name is Ravenna. " She replied hesitantly. That is my proper name . . . But angels don't have last names like humans . . . What do I say? . . . "Ravenna DiVilliers." she said calmly. No one knows that that is Alastair's last name, so I'm fine until . . . Well, that will give me enough time to think of a real one. I can always fix his memory to remember another last name . . .

Alastair and Aislynn finished their dance, and Alastair began dancing with her as soon as the next one began, sensing that she wished to dance again.

"Do you play any instruments?" Alastair smiled.

"Hmm. I play the violin. I was the one who taught Luna how to play." he smiled. "Do you sing? If you do not, there are potions that can temporarily improve your voice. They would work quite well if you could manage to memorize lyrics." he smiled charmingly.

"What do you like to do in your leisure time?" he asked after another few minutes.

"A HUMAN ball?" he said angrily.
"Yes, your majesty." Alden said as he bowed before the king of Heaven.
"Are you certain?"
"Absolutely. She was dancing with that man from the DiVilliers family. The one who saved Lu-"
"I know who he is. That man is trying to-"
"Yes. I have already tried to tell her. She won't listen to me. " Alden said, clearly hurt.
"That means that you have not tried hard enough. " the king said firmly. "I shall give you one more chance to persuade her to return. If you fail . . . " he said, the warning look in his eyes angry enough to finish the sentence for him.

Alden stood from his bow, and said "Yes, your majesty. I shall not fail you."

"Words I have heard before . . . " the king said distantly, looking out the window as Alden took off, watching his grey wings until Alden soared out of sight.

He then turned to a tall angel who stood quietly near the window, half-covered in shadow. A green eye glowed from the half of his face that was covered. He had slick, jet black hair, and pale skin. He wore a gothic suit like one of Alastair's finest, but everything was black.

"When he fails, you shall be the one to bring her back." the king said grimly.

The tall figure nodded wordlessly, and walked away.

"Yes." she smiled as she stood up gracefully, although her body had tensed up again. "I'd be delighted."

Macnair smirked triumphantly as he led her to the dance floor. Of course, she would say yes to me, the luck is always by my side...

"May I inquire your name?" she said halfway through their silent dance.

"I am Lloyd Macnair, and who I am honored to dance with this beautiful night?"

"My name is Ravenna. "she replied hesitantly. "Ravenna Divilliers." she said calmly.

He smiled warmly and then he told her everything that happened with the half giant Hagrid, mostly boasting proudly about himself and explaining about his own skills in magic. If he ever mentioned Elias, Macnair only told about his mistake with the half giant, giving his own perspective of the story which produced himself as a hero who managed to kill a half giant when no magic worked on him and then saved his friend.

"I hope you enjoyed torturing your prisoner," He said smilingly and then added: "May I know who you had fun tormenting into pieces?"

When they had finished their first dance, he asked charmingly, hoping that the beautiful Ravenna wouldn't leave him immediately like Crystal:

"Would you like to have a drink?" He took her gently by her arm and led her to the tables. "What would you like to drink?" He gestured with his hand towards the several choices of drinks before picking a goblet of red wine for himself.

"Do you play any instruments?" Alastair smiled.

"No, I don't hehe, do you?" Aislinn replied, slightly embarrassed. I wonder how he will take it if I told him that I have a manipulated muggle device which I use for listening to music... She thought as she remembered how Rosa had scolded her for manipulated muggle device the night before the battle against Luna's mother.

"Hmm. I play the violin. I was the one who taught Luna how to play." he smiled. "Do you sing? If you do not, there are potions that can temporarily improve your voice. They would work quite well if you could manage to memorize lyrics." he smiled charmingly.

"Uhmm...I.." Aislinn almost got overwhelmed and speechless at the same time. I am not sure if I want to sing... I have actually never cared about singing or playing music in my life... She thought for herself.

"What do you like to do in your leisure time?" he asked after another few minutes.

"Well I..." She blushed. "I just relax.... bubble bath..." She blushed deeper. "...eating crispy colorful chips...." Merlin's beard, now he will think I spend all my time eating.... "...and listening to good music..." ...what shall I tell him if he asks me what I mean with good music? Screamy voices and lots of guitars…? "Sometimes I spend time in Knockturn Alley and check out shops there. I also visit my.... ehm...relatives..." Her face was now redder than her drink had been.

"Does anyone dare to ask her for a dance?" Rowle asked as he nodded towards his mistress.

"Perhaps I," Selwyn smirked as he took a sip of his wine.

"Fools..." Persephone surprised them both from behind, now holding another kind of drink, sweet and sour purple blackberry drink, in her right hand. "Did you not see how Lachlan failed?"

"But not Lloyd-" Selwyn turned around.

"Because he asked the other lady for a dance and not her…Our mistress belongs to Elias..."

Selwyn raised a confused eyebrow as he looked at his mistress and then glanced around himself. "I cannot see Elias anywhere and besides I am only going to ask her for a dance, not for a date, right..." He finished his wine and put down the goblet at the table. "He can blame himself for leaving his lady alone at a party..." He spoke, more to himself than to Persephone, and then made his way towards his mistress.

As soon as he approached her, he bowed deeply to her and then stood up straight. His shiny black hair which was combed backward remained perfectly at its place even if he had made a move.

"May I have the honor to have one dance with you, your highness?" He asked politely, looking at her with calm silvery grey eyes, as he held out his hand to her.

"I hope you enjoyed torturing your prisoner," He said smilingly and then added: "May I know who you had fun tormenting into pieces?"

"I had the pleasure of tormenting George Weasley." Raven said mildly. She had grown tired of listening him embellish her story, for she had been watching him the entire time and knew exactly what had happened. She did not elaborate, as she was wondering how best to excuse herself without harming his feelings. I have grown tired of hearing his 'achievements', if you would even call them that.

"Would you like to have a drink?"

She hesitated for a moment, then said, "Alright."

"What would you like to drink?" He gestured with his hand towards the several choices of drinks before picking a goblet of red wine for himself.

Raven thought for a moment, then picked up a glass of ice water. "Just water. " she smiled. They sat in silence for a moment, and Raven let her eyes wander to where Luna was sitting. Someone had approached her, with the intention to dance with her, I see.

"Hmm." Alastair said, thinking that he should have asked another question instead. More seconds passed in silence, and Alastair was unsure of what to say. "Now-" he smiled "-It's your turn to ask me a few questions." I am certain she has something to ask . . .

"No, thank you. However, I do appreciate your offer. " Luna smiled politely to Selwyn. I wonder if Aislynn is having a good time with Alastair. If it seems that things get awkward, I'll have Raven perform the same spell that she did on Avery to remove the alcohol from her system. Even if she doesn't wish for it, she will thank me.

"Excuse me?" Raven smiled when Selwyn walked away from Luna. Failure . . . Of course she doesn't wish to dance with you. "Do you mind terribly if I rejoin my friend?" she gestured to Luna.

"Thank you!" she smiled, barely letting him finish as she walked away.

"How did it go? " Luna asked politely.

"It was quite boring. He is the type to embellish stories and pridefully boast to any girl's listening ears. " Raven said, slightly disappointed.

"Aren't they all?" Luna said, smiling jokingly.

They both laughed. Not loud like Crystal's laugh, but quiet and polite.

"Why did you say no to Selwyn? Did you simply not wish to dance tonight?" Raven asked as she stopped laughing.

"Because I don't wish to humor him. " Luna said simply.

"If I were male, would you dance with me?" Raven asked.

"Of course. You're a respectable person." Luna said simply, although she was slightly curious to understand what she meant by 'if she was male'.

"Well, I can change . . . I can disguise myself to fit the looks of anyone alive, and that includes a man. I thought that, if you desired to dance-"

"There is no need for that." Luna laughed. "I've danced plenty with Alastair already. "

Raven nodded, and took a deep breath. "Where did you go when you left the party?"

"You are curious." Luna remarked "And I appreciate you asking these questions, rather than merely reading my mind. Also, it makes for an interesting conversation when the person whom you speak with isn't afraid to ask too many questions."

Luna told her all about Vincent and how she had failed to do what she wished to do.

"Female vampires." Raven remarked. "I've never seen one. Only a horrific male in my past."

"One day, when you are ready to share it with me, I'd love to learn more about your past, Raven." Luna smiled.

"Oh . . . Thank you." Raven smiled, getting the feeling that Luna genuinely cared about her.

"Now-" Alastair smiled "-It's your turn to ask me a few questions."

Aislinn could not help but chuckle. She was not laughing at him but rather at herself as she did not know what to ask, finding that the conversation has taken a difficult route. I guess he plays and sing in his leisure time, so asking him about that is unnecessarily...I already know his taste in food since we already talked about it, and I have already seen him several times to know what kind of clothes he prefer and there's no doubt that he like classical music..

"Well...I... I don't know what to ask about," She blushed as she giggled. "Though...I... I’d like to know everything about you..." She almost whispered, her face glowing red of embarrassment. She did not know how she maintained to keep looking into his beautiful eyes.

Persephone looked at Selwyn with a -what did I tell you- face when he came back. He just shrugged when Rowle tried to ask him how it went and picked a goblet of wine. Persephone had finished her blueberry drink and was sipping on a creamy one which was flavored with strawberry and peach. Avery was comforting himself with wine and when he had devoured about five goblets, he become more courageous and stepped out in the middle of the dance floor. He raised his wand midair, shoot some colorful sparkles above his head, and asked the room of requirement to play a more kind of mellow and groovy music. It made a weird contrast to the classical music which was already playing, but he did not care and started to dance alone. Persephone almost choked on her drink as she burst out in laughter when she saw what he was doing. Nott who was dancing with Mary Jane to the classical music stopped in the midst of their dance to the classical music, both feeling awkward as a different kind of music disturbed them. Endewyne, Adela and Faeryn laughed loudly of excitement as another kind of music started to play. They did not care that the classical one was still playing and joined Avery at the dance floor. The rest were just standing and watching either amused or annoyed about the interruption. Macnair was debating with himself if he should join or not as the right corner of his mouth was twisting in a smirk. Merlin's beard, Lachlan turned it to a night club... He thought amusingly as he remembered old times.

Aislinn almost tripped and nearly stepped at Alastair's feet. "I am so sorry...I got surprised by the sudden music..." She apologized, feeling very embarrassed. Who the bloody hell is putting a damper on my progress with Alastair? It is not because I cannot dance to that kind of music, but this is not the right moment...

Avery wiggled his hips as he took several dance steps towards his mistress. Even if he was drunk, he was able to maintain a good balance while dancing. He stopped several feet in front of her and spoke aloud:

"It must be very boring just sitting through the entire party, my lady, why don't you dance as well? Are you sitting there because the lover boy is absent?" He was referring to Elias.

Avery wiggled back to the dancing girls, not expecting his mistress to reply him, and continued to dance.

"Well...I...I don't know what to ask about," She blushed as she giggled. "Though...I...I'd like to know everything about you..." She almost whispered, her face glowing red of embarrassment.

"In due time, you will." Alastair said, calmly reassuring her. He was about to say something more when another displeasing kind of music began to dominate the room. Anger flickered behind his eyes as he turned to see Avery once again making a fool of himself. He turned calmly to Aislynn.

"I am so sorry...I got surprised by the sudden music..." She apologized, feeling very embarrassed.

"No need to feel embarrassed at all. " Alastair replied calmly. "I dislike this music to its fullest. My apologies, but I wish to dance no more." he said. "I am repulsed by the fact that one person wishes to ruin this event for everyone else."

Avery wiggled his hips as he took several dance steps towards Luna, who inhaled deeply in anger. What should I do? Going along with it is being a pushover, and I require respect from them. However, killing him seems to go 'too far' at this point . . . If I simply leave, that wouldn't make a good point. Oh, I understand now. I know just what to do.

"It must be very boring just sitting through the entire party, my lady, why don't you dance as well? Are you sitting there because the lover boy is absent?" He was referring to Elias.

Luna raised her eyebrows in disgust, and stood up. She walked, very calmly, to the front of the ballroom. As she went, everything stopped. The music, the decorations, the food: All of it returned to a plain grassy field as she walked, turning back to the way it was with every step she took. By the time she reached the entrance, the party had stopped completely. "I am repulsed by the sudden selfish acts of Mr. Avery. He has not only changed the entire event's atmosphere without permission, but also insulted me in his wine-sodden state. " She paused, giving him a long, angry look that lasted a full ten-seconds.

"Now. I myself disliked that music, as well as the energy that followed. However, if I am the only one that felt so, it would be wrong to force you all to return to the way I prefer it. " She looked at him once more before addressing the entire crowd.

"So, I shall leave it to majority vote, which way we shall continue this party. All those in favor of resuming the ball?"

Alastair raised his hand, as well as Crystal, and Raven.

"All of those who wish to continue with Avery's party?"

Robert raised his hand.

"I am repulsed by the sudden selfish acts of Mr. Avery. He has not only changed the entire event's atmosphere without permission, but also insulted me in his wine-sodden state. " she paused, giving him a long, angry look that lasted a full ten-seconds.

Everyone was quiet and remained still as if they did not dare to move or speak, when they saw the anger in her eyes. Avery was slightly swaying and did not notice that everything including the music was gone. The interior of the ball room was still in his mind as the music was still playing in his head. Rockwood stepped forward and knocked out Avery to everyone's surprise. His intention was not to kill him but to put him to sleep, doing a favor to both the mistress and to Avery. He dragged him away and dropped him in the shadows of the center of the labyrinth.

"Now. I myself disliked that music, as well as the energy that followed. However, if I am the only one that felt so, it would be wrong to force you all to return to the way I prefer it. So, I shall leave it to majority vote, which way we shall continue this party. All those in favor of resuming the ball?"

Aislinn raised her hand and the other deatheaters followed her example, seeing as their both superiors, Crystal and Aislinn raising their hands, and they did not wish to anger their mistress. Some of them did not mind the groovy music and some others find it very annoying and preferred the calmer type of music though everyone who had kept their sanity by drinking moderately seemed to share the same thought. The mistress had invited them to the event making her to the host of the party, thus they had to respect her and her choices. Adela, Faeryn and Endewyne sided them, even if they had enjoyed the change of music, because they knew deep inside that what Avery had done was wrong.

"All of those who wish to continue with Avery's party?"

Robert raised his hand. Aislinn tried to keep her face straight and not burst out in laughter as she noticed that he was the only one. She quickly glanced everywhere in the room and discovered that Elias was missing in the crowd. What a fool, if he had been here, perhaps Avery would not have crossed the line....Elias is the one to be blamed then, it is his fault that Avery insulted Luna, because I believe that if Elias had been here, Avery would never have insulted her... Aislinn merely smirked viciously about her own the idea for blaming Elias for everything.

"Very well, then." Luna smiled, her 'serene' mask back on. Everything in the room returned to the way it had been. "Thank you, Mr. Rockwood. I appreciate your assistance. Robert." she said, addressing him. "If you wish to leave, you are more than welcome to do so." The more part had been said harshly, creating a sharp contrast to her calm words.

Robert's face became red, and he walked toward the staircase that led to the exit without a word. At the same time, Luna began to descend the steps.

When they passed each other, Robert's face was to the ground, while Luna's was held high.

"Make sure that doesn't happen again." Luna said, just loud enough for Robert to hear.

He left, and the party went on as it had, with Luna at her seat.

"I would say she handled it quite well." Alastair smiled, turning back to Aislynn now that everything had turned back to normal. Avery was a fool, but Robert even more so . . . "Shall we?" he held out his hand for them to resume their dance.

"That went quite well. However, if I was placed in the same situation, I would have killed the man." Alden said, directly behind Raven.

Raven jumped slightly, then stood up quickly, turning to see Alden dressed for the occasion.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" Alden smiled, bowing to Raven.

Raven was about to refuse him before he slid one arm around her waist and another into her hand. He led her to the dance floor with such speed that it was startling, and then he began to lead her in a dance; firmly.

"What are you doing here?" she asked quietly, anger emanating from her voice.

"Did you not miss dancing with me, Ravenna?" he said charmingly.

"I want you to leave me alone! Are you incapable of doing so?"

Alden didn't answer, but kept dancing with her.

She tried to release herself from his strong grip, but it was nearly impossible.

Alastair caught sight of Raven, and knew that something was very wrong with her. "My apologies once again, my lady." Alastair said to Aislynn. "But it seems that the fates are against us tonight. Please excuse me." he said, unable to keep the slight frustration from his voice at the last sentence. He smoothly walked over to where Raven and Alden were dancing, reaching them just as the song finished.

They stopped, Alden keeping a strong hold on Raven.

Alastair lightly tapped Alden on the shoulder. "Excuse me?" Alastair said. "Who are you?" His voice had dropped all pretense of politeness as he spoke, seeing as how Raven grew more uncomfortable as the seconds passed.

"I am the beautiful Ravenna's betrothed. " Alden said simply.

The next dance had begun, and Alden led Raven into another dance.

Alastair pondered the best thing to do, which didn't take long since he thought fast. He moved forward, and punched Alden on the side of his head, knocking him off balance long enough for him to pull Raven away from him. "Are you alright?" Alastair said to Raven.

"Yes." Raven said, not taking her eyes off Alden, who was clutching his head, but still standing.

"Tell me, quickly; what is going on?" Alastair whispered quickly in Raven's ear. "He must be very strong to still be conscious at the moment."

"He is an enemy of mine. However, he is more powerful than me. He's one of . . . " she trailed off.

"I understand. What does he want from you?"

"He wishes to . . . to . . . He wants to marry me. "

"At the present time I know nothing of your relationship together. However, if you do not wish for him to be here, and he is uninvited, that means that he is obliged to leave, should we need him to." Alastair smiled.

It took Raven a moment to realize what he meant. "I see . . . " she smiled.

As they spoke, the part of the floor that Alden was standing on raised itself, eventually parting from the floor. It went about six feet high, before attaching itself to a few other pieces of building material. In the end, it created a giant slingshot which sent Alden soaring through the sky. He didn't reach far before he could concentrate enough to fly. However, he had made it far enough for no one to see him do so.

"Thank you." Raven turned to Alastair.

"You're welcome. " Alastair smiled. "And, if anyone happens to ask; he was an old rival of yours who took a fancy to you, and threatened you. Not too far from the truth?"

Raven nodded, and turned, making for the front steps

"Are you alright?" Alastair asked once he realized her intention.

"Yes. There is only so much I can take in one night." Raven said quietly.

"Farewell-" Alastair said, bowing and kissing her hand. "-Lady Ravenna."

"Where were we?" Alastair said, having returned to Aislynn once more.

Perhaps it was not that bad that Avery drank too much and lost his mind...thanks to him, Robert literary kicked himself out... Aislinn thought sarcastically and spitefully.

"I would say she handled it quite well." Alastair smiled, turning back to Aislinn now that everything had turned back to normal. She agreed with him mentally without mentioning a word about it.

"Shall we?" he held out his hand for them to resume their dance.

She smiled warmly and took his hand.

But they had not danced for long when their dance was interrupted once again.

"My apologies once again, my lady." He said to her "But it seems that the fates are against us tonight. Please excuse me." he said, unable to keep the slight frustration from his voice at the last sentence.

Aislinn was both surprised and a slightly disappointed when he walked away. I wonder who the next fool is trying to part me from Alastair... She thought with a sigh.

She watched, as the others did, with astonishment at the spectacular and dramatic scene which took place at the dance floor. Some who felt they were standing to close to that raising part of the floor, distanced themselves, feeling panicked over the sudden situation. Adela almost tripped on Faeryn who in return tripped on Endewyne and the three of them stumbled and fell to the ground. They almost laughed as they stood up and smoothed out the wrinkles in their dresses. Several of the guests applauded and whistled as they cheered on Alastair. Macnair, on the other hand, was disappointed that he did not discover this before him. Seriously, I am only good with boasting about myself...? I managed to take down a half giant by myself, so why did I not react at this? He thought with a sigh, feeling slightly jealous.

"Where were we?" Alastair said, having returned to Aislinn once more.

"We were dancing," She smiled as if she did not mind about the interruption. "I understand that it must have been an uninvited guest," she added. "You handled it quite well." She praised him warmly and sincerely.
I wonder who it was, someone so strong that Raven, a fallen angel, hardly could get rid herself of...I do not doubt that it must have been a creature with a strength beyond humanity. But Alastair proved to be much stronger....

"Why, thank you." Alastair smiled. "I merely caught him off-guard. " He wasn't boasting; he was explaining."It is quite disturbing to see a respectable lady in distress." he joked, putting on a dramatic voice.

They finally got to dance uninterrupted, and Alastair took the opportunity to dance three dances in a row. By the time they finished, it was quarter to midnight. "What would you like to do now? Do you wish to continue dancing?" he asked politely.

At the same time as Aislynn and Alastair's break, Luna rose from her seat to retire for the night.

"Luna?" Crystal asked curiously, walking to match Luna's pace. "Have you grown tired?"

"Yes." Luna said, pointing to her watch.

"Oh!" Crystal exclaimed "I didn't realize the time!"

"If the host leaves, the guests do not necessarily have to follow suite." Luna explained.

"No, if I stay up later than this, I may not wake up till tomorrow night!" Crystal joked.

"Hmm." Luna smiled, silently laughing at the joke. "Well, goodnight, then." she smiled before speeding up her pace. She reached the top of the stairs, and began to speak.

"Excuse me." she smiled. Once she had everyone's attention, she continued. "I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight. I do hope you've enjoyed yourselves, regardless of the many
unusual happenings that this night has brought. Farewell, and good night to all." she smiled and bowed her head slightly before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

"What would you like to do now? Do you wish to continue dancing?" Alastair asked politely.

What do I wish? I could simply ask him to dance with me until the sunrise, but no, it is already past midnight and I will just tire and bother him if I keep him awake the whole night. Besides, we'll surely see each other every day…and I better not miss my beauty sleep...

"I'd like retire for tonight, since I feel it is very late, or I'll stay if you wish to have a couple of more dances," She laughed. "Thank you so much for this memorable and enjoyable night," She curtsied. "It has been such a pleasure." She smiled genuinely happily. "Good night..." She did not turn on her heels immediately but took several steps backward before completely turning. As she did, she took out her wand from her hair bun resulting it to loosen up and her curls to fall charmingly at her back at the same time as she apparated away.

She did not care about changing her clothes when she closed and locked her bedroom door. She immediately laid down at her back in her bed. If I want, I can stay awake a whole night, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to have a lovely breakfast with Alastair... She smiled as she closed her eyes.

Everyone cheered and winked, wishing goodnight to their mistress before she left them.

Some of them decided to leave and the remaining ones; Persephone, Flynn, Macnair, Mulciber, Rowle, Selwyn and the Dolohov brothers conjured some chairs to sit down and chill while they enjoyed the refreshments. But the same second as Macnair sat down, he rose up and walked over to Crystal as soon as he noticed her.

"Would you like to join us?" He asked her politely as he gestured at the others.

I'd like retire for tonight, since I feel it is very late, or I'll stay if you wish to have a couple of more dances," She laughed.

"I'd like to retire as well, my lady." Alastair bowed to her.

"Thank you so much for this memorable and enjoyable night," She curtsied. "It has been such a pleasure." She smiled genuinely happily.

"It has been a memorable evening. Good night." He smiled.

"Good night..." She did not turn on her heels immediately but took several steps backward before completely turning.

Alastair kept eye contact with her until she turned away, maintaining a warm smile. He then left a moment later, apparating to the front of the manor.

"Good night, Luna." he called in through her open bedroom door.

"Good night, Alastair." Luna smiled.

"Would you like to join us?" He asked her politely as he gestured at the others.

"No, thank you. I've grown tired." Crystal said politely before continuing on to the steps.

She made sure to change and was before bed, and then slept straight on till ten in the morning.

"Good morning, Alastair." Luna smiled as Alastair awoke at nine, washed and ready, as usual.

"My my, Luna!" he exclaimed, eyeing the elaborate breakfast she had made. "When did you wake up?"

"Six." she said simply.

"How DO you do it?" he asked, not really asking.

Aislinn made a grimace at herself in the mirror as she stood in her bathroom in the morning. She held up her hair in one hand and used the other to magically chop her hair off with her wand. It still looked beautiful with the short curls which now reached her chin. But the result was different after she washed and dried it. The unevenness of her hair was more noticeable when it became straight. She sighed as she did not have the energy or time for a quick visit at the hair parlor in Diagon Alley. She ventured through her trunk and cupboards to find a solution.

When the time was ten past nine, Aislinn, wearing a simple black summer dress and flats, her hair in half curls, entered the kitchen. The overwhelming feeling of thousands of butterflies awakened within her as soon as she saw Alastair.

"Good morning," She greeted him and Luna smilingly, as she tried to ignore her heart which was beating faster than usual.

"Good morning." Alastair and Luna said at once. They turned to each other and laughed for a few seconds before Luna turned back to her cooking and Alastair turned to Aislynn.

"What have you done to your hair?" he asked charmingly, eyeing it with curiosity. Slightly uneven, yet still charming . . .

"I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me for a short business trip today? " he smiled.

"I have business in Venice." he smiled politely. "Since Raven is arranging transportation, it would be no more trouble to take another along. The only condition is that we won't be staying for more than a day." he smiled. "I do hope you do not mind; I don't like to travel alone." he joked, once again putting on his dramatic voice. "I'll be leaving at twelve." he said, serious once more.

"Good morning." Luna smiled when Crystal entered after Aislynn and Alastair had left.

"Good morning. " Crystal said drowsily. Her hair was a mess, but she looked happy anyway. "That was a great party last night."

"You're welcome." Luna smiled, serving her.

Raven entered the kitchen as well, wearing her usual dress, her hair hanging straight and covering her eye.

"Ravenna?" Crystal smiled. "Good morning."

"Good morning. " Raven said politely. "Luna? Are you aware why Alastair is going to Venice?" she said quietly.

"Yes. We have already shared our thoughts on the matter, and he shouldn't put it off for any longer than he has . . . She needs to be caught."

"I understand. Are you not coming with him?"

"No. That was only if Aislynn denied him . . . Something I guessed wouldn't happen." she smiled. Our original plans were to go together after he finished preparing for our trip, but he decided to take Aislynn instead to spend more time getting to know each other . . . His efforts to distract himself from the preparations were adorable, but in the end he knew as well as I that this needed to be handled.

"Raven?" Crystal asked curiously. "Why do you like hairstyles that cover your eyes?"

"Because it is simply a preference, just as you prefer Gothic clothing." Raven said simply.

"How do you?-" Crystal said, before remembering that Raven could read minds. "Oh." she said quietly, more to herself.

"Well, when you do go, please bring me back something nice." Luna said politely to Raven.

"Yes. I will." Raven smiled before leaving to prepare the cloud carriage for the trip.

"What have you done to your hair?" Alastair asked charmingly, eyeing it with curiosity.

"You may call it a quick haircut..." Aislinn laughed nervously as she fingered her curls.

"I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me for a short business trip today?" he smiled.

"I would be honored to join you," She replied with a nervous smile, almost not believing his words.

"I have business in Venice." he smiled politely. "Since Raven is arranging transportation, it would be no more trouble to take another along. The only condition is that we won't be staying for more than a day." he smiled. "I do hope you do not mind; I don't like to travel alone." he joked, once again putting on his dramatic voice. "I'll be leaving at twelve." he said, serious once more.

"Sure, I'll be ready by then..." Her hand almost shook as she poured herself a glass of water to drink before she ate anything else.

As she ate poached eggs, pancakes with syrup and buttered toasts she was thinking about what to wear and what clothes to bring with her for the trip when she remembered that she wouldn't be staying there for more than one day. But I should bring some clothes if I needed to change, just to be on the safe side...or I could buy if I needed some, bringing a suitcase with me would only be a nuisance on a kind of trip like this one... She drank a cup of tea before thanking Luna for the breakfast and rushing up to her bedroom to get ready.

Hmm...it is a business trip to Venice...I have so many suitable clothes for a business... She thought when she ventured through her closet. When it is business, I always wear trousers... She noticed that she did not own any skirt at all, but dresses, trousers, shirts and jackets and other kinds of garments. Perhaps I should have bought a skirt yesterday when I went shopping with Crystal...well never mind, I move easily with a pair of trousers…

A couple of hours later Aislinn walked down to the kitchen.

"I'll be leaving now, accompanying Alastair on the trip," She announced to Luna, feeling very excited about the trip.

b11c2188feb9dc4ee3ae9c65c3b8ced8.jpg

Last edited:
"I am quite certain you will enjoy yourself." Luna smiled. She picked something up from the table, and handed it to Aislynn. "I'd like you to take this, in case you need it. I should have given it to you before you packed, but I just got the idea." she smiled, handing her the disguise mirror.

"Don't worry-" she said firmly "-you'll just be borrowing it. I do hope you have a pleasant trip."

Outside, Raven was waiting for them by the carriage. She levitated their luggage into the back, and then opened the door for them to enter. "Welcome!" she smiled.

"Why, thank you, Raven. You've outdone yourself." Alastair smiled, entering first, then turning to extend a helping hand to Aislynn.

Once they were inside, Raven called from the door. "It will only take an hour and a half. And, it will be a smooth ride, I promise."

"An hour and a half for Venice?" Alastair said, surprised.

"Only that, give or take a minute or two." Raven smiled, closing the door.

The carriage was much bigger on the inside than it was on the outside. It consisted of three rooms: The sitting room, and two bedrooms. The sitting room had black walnut tables and chairs. The cushions matched the curtains, which had a purple Gothic design to them. Alastair opened the long curtains, revealing floor-length windows which gave a spectacular view of the scenery around them as they began to take off. The bedrooms were very simple, yet they had the same designs and furniture as the sitting room. One bed, one small table, and long curtains. Each bedroom had its own bathroom, which consisted of a very clean shower, toiled, and large sink. The bedroom floors were carpeted, but the sitting room floors had dark wooden floors. In any part of the carriage, no dust could be seen. In fact, it was so clean that it shined. Moving pictures hung on the walls. Seven of them; each was a painted scenery from a picturesque place. A coral reef with moving fish, a lake with a spider slowly making a web to catch prey, a sunrise over the ocean, a foreboding castle on a stormy night, a sinister-looking forest, a dragon slumbering; its scales glistening in the moonlight, and a mountain cliff showing the most beautiful sunset in the world.

Alastair wandered from room to room, touching everything he wished and moving anything he wished. Although, he still managed to look like a calm adult rather than a child whilst doing so. When he was done, he sat down on one of the chairs in the sitting room. Looking down at the floor, he noticed a latch at the flooring under the center most wooden table, and levitated the table to get a closer look. A large, circular door the size of the large table was there, and Alastair wondered what was under it. "Do you mind if I move the furniture to open this?" Alastair asked politely.

"Thank you." he smiled, proceeding to do so.

Finally, he opened it to reveal glass flooring, large enough to see London soaring underneath them. "Marvelously creative." Alastair smiled. "I'll be sure to thank Raven for this. She knows I love hidden surprises." He stared through it for a minute, fascinated by the view. "It gives you the spectacular feeling of riding a broom. However, we get to enjoy the feeling in the comfort of this sitting room. What do you think of it?" he smiled, making eye contact with Aislynn.

"Are you sure about it?" Aislinn took the mirror hesitatingly.

"Don't worry-" Luna said firmly "You'll just be borrowing it. I do hope you have a pleasant trip."

"Thank you," Aislinn smiled as she opened her suitcase where she had packed necessities and more clothes than she actually needed for a one-day trip. She made room for the mirror and closed her suitcase.

Aislinn tried not to stare with an open mouth once she was inside the carriage. The carriage looked much bigger on the inside than it did on the outside. The interior was marvelous, and the floor length window view was breathtaking. Though the most eye catching was the beautiful paintings which Aislinn could hardly look away from as she admired them, especially the one which portrayed a slumbering dragon with glistening scales in the moonlight.

When she managed to look away from the paintings, she stood still, feeling very nervous as she did not know if she should sit or walk around in the carriage. She was curious of how the other rooms looked like, but she was to nervous to follow Alastair around in the carriage thus she sat down in the sitting room.
"Do you mind if I move the furniture to open this?" Alastair asked politely when he sat down as well.

"Not at all," Aislinn smiled and moved so that he could move the furniture.

"Thank you." he smiled, proceeding to do so.

Finally, he opened it to reveal a glass flooring, large enough to see London soaring underneath them. Aislinn was amazed by the wondrous view below.

"Marvelously creative." Alastair smiled. "I'll be sure to thank Raven for this. She knows I love hidden surprises."

He stared through it for a minute, fascinated by the view.

"It gives you the spectacular feeling of riding a broom. However, we get to enjoy the feeling in the comfort of this sitting room. " he smiled. "What do you think of it?" he smiled, making eye contact with Aislinn.

"It is wondrous..." She replied, meeting his eyes. "Far more comfortable than flying on a broom..." She laughed as she thought about how it would be on a broom. My entire hair would be an entire mess, getting in the way of my eyes, my make-up would be ruined, and my clothes wrinkled.
"In my younger years I was actually afraid of heights, I..." She glanced at the painting of the slumbering dragon before she looked at Alastair and continued: ”...I managed to overcome it more than a half a year ago and I was surprised by myself...." She smiled. Sometimes I wonder how I developed my Patronus into a dragon...was I to fascinated of this kind of creature...or do I have an inner self that share same traits expect the heights as a dragon?

"Mmm..." She looked at the dragon again and then back at Alastair. "May I ask you what kind of Patronus you have?" She asked politely yet she blushed deeply of embarrassment. "I’m...I’m just curious..." Her cheeks were so red that she could feel them burning without the need of looking in a mirror. "Mine is a dragon..." She confessed shyly.

"In my younger years I was actually afraid of heights, I....I managed to overcome it more than a half a year ago and I was surprised by myself...." She smiled.

"Hmm. I am happy you overcame that fear." he smiled warmly.

"May I ask you what kind of patronus you have?" She asked politely yet she blushed deeply of embarrassment.

Alastair smiled.

"I'm...I'm just curious..."

"Yes. My patronus is . . . " Alastair said, slightly embarrassed. He raised his wand, and conjured it. A long serpent appeared, lying coiled with its neck bowed in respect. "a serpent." he finished. No one alive had ever seen his patronus...not even Luna.

"May I inquire yours?" Alastair asked, allowing his to disappear.

"Mine is a dragon..." She confessed shyly.

"That sounds lovely. Brave, beautiful, yet powerful and protective." he praised. "My patronus . . . It has been kept a secret from anyone. Serpents are supposed to be powerful, but also untrustworthy and good at using people. " He sighed. "I suppose that makes you feel odd around me?" he asked, wondering if she had felt the same way after discovering Luna's patronus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back