• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I can sort of see that for the greater manse, which is located on the Blessed Isle, but the standard one is isolated out in the boonies of the Threshold, more or less, in an area he had to have restored from a ruin. At least that's the background I had thought of for both of the manses. That said, 3E makes no note of Dragon-Blooded merits like Artifact or Manse not including personal ownership (at least if it does it's poorly located). Should it not then default to the core rules, like for solars, where it is personally in their control? In 2E Dragon-Blooded lost such control to the house, sure, but they also got twice as many per background dot because of this. Even still, 1E stated all realm land was owned by the Empress and leased to the houses. So, I could understand almost any interpretation depending on what material is considered canon for such things.

If this is an issue though I guess I can remove both of them, cause I don't see any reason for a house to give an unmarried man any manse properties they own when he's subject to be sent off to another house in an arranged marriage. If the root of the issue is owning any manse on the Blessed Isle, I guess I could drop it or move it elsewhere. This note affected a lot of my decisions around how I constructed the character.

Under "House Property" in chapter 2 "The Great Houses," it says
The Great Houses leased their lands from the Empress, who owned all real estate on the Blessed Isle. While the house matriarch holds onto most of the house’s land-lease deeds, she may transfer individual leases — such as those for manses — to specific scions or households for a time.
I'm not sure if there's any mention of how it now works with artifacts, but those are a lesser concern. Manses are infrastructure and you don't sell off your infrastructure in a time of need.

Under "House Property" in chapter 2 "The Great Houses," it says

I'm not sure if there's any mention of how it now works with artifacts, but those are a lesser concern. Manses are infrastructure and you don't sell off your infrastructure in a time of need.

Artifacts are also usually handed down legacies that the various Houses see as if they belong to them, by right. I can see a matriarch giving a scion of the House a Manse, fully expecting it to be returned to the House, should the scion be married off to someone and have to go join their House, unless the marriage contract stated otherwise, and that can create great stories, and politicking.

I appreciate you pointing that out, though the reality of it is rather disappointing. Looks like it was poorly located after all... Should have been a note in traits, like all the other alterations and flavor changes to merits for Dragon-Blooded.

EDIT: Still thinking of how I want to work things out. Need to sleep on it. The prospect of losing major facets of the character's kit in the near future is annoying, so I'm wanting to lean toward a more longterm alternative.

Last edited:
I like those stones, so that's what I'm going to shoot for, I just need to find an alternative for those merit dots. Probably looking at a minor retainer, maybe some affiliation with the Imperial Navy or other social connections, and whatever is left going back into abilities.

EDIT: dropped both manses (8 dots) for 2 dots of influence, 4 dots of contacts, and 2 ability dots (thrown 1, war 1)

Last edited:
We just need our Storyteller to jump in and give us some plot direction.

He hasn't even been on line since the 22nd. I am afraid that we may have a long wait before he returns to the site. D':

I was pretty swamped, and sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug. The few moments I did have time I just stared at my monitor and zoned. Status quo has been restored, I have caught up on sleep, and I am catching up over the holiday.

Re: manse stuff- I try and hold paid for items fairly sacred, and I vaguely recall a line in the book or dev commentary about even though it technically belongs to the houses, actual use is fairly generous. IC if this comes down to marriage issues, artifacts and manse exchange could be part of the marriage negotiation. There is also the prospect of not marrying into a Great House so that the male Dynast stays in the family, as it were. Lots of options, so it isn't as grave an issue as it might feel like at first blush in the book. In short, don't worry about losing your stuff. It would need to be a fairly substantial plotpoint for it to come to that. But plot points actually need a plot to be a point on so I'll get to it.

Good to have you back. I was starting to get worried.

I agree that it's good to see you again. Alys can finally get into this game and do some posting!

Indeed. I just started a new job Monday, so I can empathize. As for the manse thing, I like the idea of secret projects with Axan for properties to be held within the hearth exclusively.

Post's up. Sorry I suffered in silence. I felt that if I logged onto the site just to say I was delirious for a week straight that it would just jinx things. Thanks to everyone continuing on with what they had. I enjoyed your interactions and it seems like some nice groundwork.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws , While the Craft system was initially met with much ire by the OPP forums, I'm generally of the persuasion that the base system is mostly okay but, it's the Solar Craft charmset that then mucks it up. I'm still digesting DB craft capabilities, but first blush it interacts well enough with the system instead of just running roughshod over it, has enough cool stuff charms to keep it interesting, and more importantly it isn't the largest of the DB charm trees by a margin.
While it appears you may have decided to use your merits elsewhere, re: Geomantic Prodigy, are you interested in sorcery at all? I feel like some sorcerous merits in general can be mined for Supernatural merits. I'll need to do a bit more cross-referencing to see how Geomantic Prodigy stacks up against other merits before I make a final call, if you are still interested.

Psychie Psychie sorry you got tied to some NPCs who had literally no information about them in the first post. Gross oversight on my part.

Rykon Rykon congratulations on the employment get.

Post's up. Sorry I suffered in silence. I felt that if I logged onto the site just to say I was delirious for a week straight that it would just jinx things. Thanks to everyone continuing on with what they had. I enjoyed your interactions and it seems like some nice groundwork.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws , While the Craft system was initially met with much ire by the OPP forums, I'm generally of the persuasion that the base system is mostly okay but, it's the Solar Craft charmset that then mucks it up. I'm still digesting DB craft capabilities, but first blush it interacts well enough with the system instead of just running roughshod over it, has enough cool stuff charms to keep it interesting, and more importantly it isn't the largest of the DB charm trees by a margin.
While it appears you may have decided to use your merits elsewhere, re: Geomantic Prodigy, are you interested in sorcery at all? I feel like some sorcerous merits in general can be mined for Supernatural merits. I'll need to do a bit more cross-referencing to see how Geomantic Prodigy stacks up against other merits before I make a final call, if you are still interested.

I plan on him to take Sorcery at some point. And already have a control spell in mind. I might need to have a private chat with you regarding the sorcerous inititation.

I gain 3 silver experience, if the lovely Mnemon Sayan gains an intimacy towards me.
I'm gonna say that if Axan is going for an Intimacy of friendship or some such, Sayan's Resolve shrugs it off, but if this is him flirting, she has an existing Intimacy that lets it slip through. In the latter case, she'll put a bit of force into her thanks, reciprocating the Intimacy.

Or we could roll dice, I don't mind.

A successful Read Intentions against their Guile of 4 and everything will come together for you.
I forgot about this when I posted initially, but edited it in now. I dunno if you can check the edit-history that I decided to spend 4m before I rolled, but it turned out not to be necessary.

I'm gonna say that if Axan is going for an Intimacy of friendship or some such, Sayan's Resolve shrugs it off, but if this is him flirting, she has an existing Intimacy that lets it slip through. In the latter case, she'll put a bit of force into her thanks, reciprocating the Intimacy.

Or we could roll dice, I don't mind.

My answer has two parts. Even if she only builds a Minor Intimacy towards him, even one of admiration for his craftsmanship, or one of treasuring the gift he gave her, that would be enough. The second part, yes, he does seem to be flirting, or more to the point, he seems to be smitten with her.

My answer has two parts. Even if she only builds a Minor Intimacy towards him, even one of admiration for his craftsmanship, or one of treasuring the gift he gave her, that would be enough.
Sure, but she's not interested in building such Intimacies. However, she thinks love is fun, so she's more open to flirting than friendship.
The second part, yes, he does seem to be flirting, or more to the point, he seems to be smitten with her.
Excellent, in that case consider the Intimacy established. Her responding Instil action would be aimed at strengthening his feelings towards her.

Just curious, what xp progression system has been decided to be used? Is it the Bonus Point chart, or the normal Xp Chart?

XP, with any attribute and ability dot scaling compressed down to just the cost for the third dot. I also tend to be generous with XP given the PbP format.

While we are talking shop, these two little rolls we have had brings up the topic of stunting and awards. A great change IMO for 3e is that stunt rewards have changed. Everyone can pretty much fairly self adjudicate a first level stunt, so please do so. I can add successes and return willpower as needed. Should speed things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back