• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Well, I think I'm ready to start. Though now that I've got several other things wrapped up I think I'll have time to make a brain-storm document for possible Daiklave evocations.

Alys is being groomed to take over the House Cathak legions once she gets older. Because of that, she's been allowed to keep the Daiklave that she used to kill her first Lunar with, and has been gifted with the armor to help her reach her full potential.

Awesome. Is Alys still on their gap year kinda adventuring phase, or have they taken a post in the Legions yet?

Rykon Rykon Cool cool. Still working through campaign start stuff. Do you have any reasons that jump out at you for Zakasuke to be in Fajad?

Zakasuke has magic that allows him to reflexively detect the presence of spirits in hiding, as well as spells for changing the weather. While I had to postpone taking other naval spells (dropping Keel Cleaves the Sky hurt, but I'll learn it eventually), I imagine his services in securing safe passage would be invaluable, especially as a scion of house Peleps. So I reckon Zakasuke is there to ensure the safety of travelers by sea and assist any Immaculate efforts with his knowledge and skills at interacting with spirits, such as the prophets of the heretical faith. If things devolve to combat, he's also very skilled with Crashing Sky and managing his own bound elementals (though the nature and number of what he's allowed at the start is something we should probably clear up).

I was ready to introduce characters in Fajad if they wouldn't necessarily have been familiar previously, with the Sworn Kinship happening in game, but if anyone feels strongly about having been working together beforehand I'm open to that.

If we are all Dynasts, we would probably be at least familiar with the others; rubbing elbows at parties and things like that.

Yeah, there are only 10,000 dynasts on the Isle, which nets around 100 born each year, so almost certainly we have been at the same parties.

Also, Dynasts are typically 21 when they graduate secondary school, so take that as you will. I'm pegging my character at 25, so that's probably too far from Tomiko's age for them to be close, but if Psychie Psychie or Rykon Rykon is interested, we could work something out.

With Zakasuke being 3 years her elder as well as a handsome, well-bred member of a House while not allied is at least friendly to Mnemon, I can easily imagine that there's been some discussions among their parents if they should be married. Of course, nothing's come of it yet, but they may well have met a couple of times and tried to get a feel for each other, to see if they are compatible.

Alternatively, Sayan's father is a Peleps, so they might be rather too closely related for that to be entirely advisable, which would open up another door to their relationship.

If Zakasuke has been in Fajad for some time, Sayan might have had occasion to make use of his services. A bit of weather-shaping is very handy to have available when you're hosting a garden party. And having access to a powerful Manse is very useful when doing sorcerous research.

I can also easily see Sayan being a patron of music in the city, even if it's not something she has pursued personally, she would certainly make sure to have access to the very best.

As far as he is aware, if his family is arranging such things, they haven't spoken a word of it to him. As a member of the stigmatized community of sorcerers and well as a host of other factors that make him somewhat awkward and shy, he hasn't been too keen to look into it much himself either. A large part to his current state of mind is that he would have to leave his house for his spouse's and he's anxious as to what his place would be.

I say all of this, because his guile is garbage, so I'd think any well-thought examination of him would easily yield such details.

As far as familial relations, I had a mental note that his Father was of house Ferem, a cadet house. I don't know if you had more details to your character's lineage, but I had none set in my mind other than that.

So, probably not any serious marriage discussion then. The Sorcery stigma is real, even if it's probably less so in House Mnemon, and I have trouble seeing Sayan with a husband who can't lie ;)

I haven't given much thought to the Peleps side of her family, but her grandmother is Mnemon herself, so it's unlikely that her mother married someone of such low standing that Ferem would be an option for a close relative. Unless Zakasuke's mother was the black sheep of the family, I don't see them being particularly closely related either.

Probably they're just people who've seen each other before, and may have conducted some business in Fajad.

I figured the financial condition of the house made the union with a cadet house possible.

Oh definitely. However much the Houses like to pretend that they're above money, they do care. That said, the kind of people you marry to a Ferem and the kind you marry to Mnemon's own family is not the same.

I had figured money and good breeding would be enough for a house in a rough position. Should I reconsider the background?

Nah, no need. Those are indeed good arguments. I'm just saying your character is probably some way from the main branch of the Peleps family tree.

Ah, yeah, I intended him to be somewhat of a fringe element of the family. As non-Mnemon sorcerers would tend to be.

Magistrate that has been trained in the Immaculate Order's teachings.

Current concept so far (still reading, sorry, so if you want to go on without me I'll entirely understand).

Cynis Neqel was raised in the Garden of Crimson Pleasure, where her grandmother managed the Eventide Conservatory. A remarkably intelligent daughter from infancy, Neqel had an early affinity for plants and medicines in particular and studied the medical arts under a tutor while finishing Primary School at the top of her class. Her Exaltation came the next day when her mother informed her that the Heptagram was out of reach otherwise, the event promptly changing her mother's mind. Neqel studied her seven years there, showing tremendous promise especially in mastering all they could teach her of medicine. But Sorcery was where she encountered her first failure, for despite repeated efforts and three separate (and dangerous) attempts to unlock a Shaping Ritual, Neqel failed to reach epiphany.

The only thing more deadly to one's social career and marriage prospects than being a Sorcerer is being a failed Sorcerer, and so Neqel requested (and was given) leave to go out into the Threshold to pursue Cynis interests (i.e. look for new medicines, drugs, poisons, assets that can be leveraged, etc.). She's well qualified to recognize something new and it gets her off the Isle and put somewhere that gives her a chance to garner some deeds to her name to offset her missteps.

Anyway, that's the basic pitch so far.

I added a background and Intimacies to my character sheet, also made a few tweaks. Still not done, but I should be able to dot all the i's tonight.

I had added some additional blurbs on Zakasuke's parents and sword instructor. Gonna start trying to get through some evocation write-ups here soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back