• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
tumblr_m8em4lMK1P1r9cegso1_500.jpg
1603367701903-png.797618

Involved: Vali ( Gohan510 Gohan510 ) & Heather, Bai Ling ( Pai Chan Pai Chan )

The next morning came quickly. The two girls were exhausted from the previous day. Heather especially. She all but inhaled the complimentary breakfast. Bai’s clothes were washed and Heather’s energy was refreshed so the two set out to continue their search.

“The last village we visited said they knew someone matching Aurora’s description.” Heather started as they exited the inn. “And she was accompanied by a knight. So we are going, somewhat, in the right direction. Maybe, they were right about the two going towards Nortestra. They said the knight looked battle ready and apparently there’s some battle happening near the border.”

Vali noticed there was a girl that didn't look like she was from Valucia so he landed on top of a branch as he watched them walk out of the small hut. Vali jumped down from the tree and walked over to them with his wings still activated. "I suggest if you both want to live you'd both stop moving where you stand."

Heather turned her attention to a man approaching them. Very likely a summoned and was hostile at that. Heather was used to the body language of someone that was looking for a fight.

"What was that?" Heather asked, already sizing up Vali in case the situation went south. Bai moved in front of Heather with her hands on hips.

"What are you? Some bandit? We represent the Church of Xact. If you mess with us, you'll be in big trouble."

"In fact I can't let you leave from here. If needed I think I can take the bird girl in cold." Vali directed to Heather. His eyes started glowing white. "That's if you don't wanna come willingly which I doubt, I assume the nun-looking one name starts with a ‘B’?”

The fact that this guy seemed to know whom he was looking for, most likely, meant that he was sent by the same people that were after her before.

"Are you sure you want to fight blind? I doubt whoever hired you gave you any info on what you're up against. I'll give you a chance to stand down, turn back, and let us go. Whatever they're paying you isn't worth your life." Heather's eyes glowed slightly. She hoped the man would heed her words. But the woman had done this song and dance too many times to count. And they never backed down. Not even mortals. Let alone whatever this guy was.

"I won't have an issue dealing with you both. Actually this is going to be fun ripping those black wings off your back." Vali stated before his aura sprouted out shaking the entire area around them slamming his fist on his hand. "Shine! Dragonic Armor! Divine Dividing!!!" His white dragonic armor covered his body and his wings shined bright while Vali's eyes, blue.

"Now either give me the girl or you'll drop dead."

"You talk too much!" Bai said while low to the ground, a rising knee aimed at his stomach.

Vali smirked under his helmet as his target dashed straight for him at fierce speed Vali dug one foot back as his wings released a burst of wind and he blasted off to Bai at a fast rate grabbing her by the collar flying straight towards Heather. In his other hand a magic circle spun above it.

Heather didn't have much time to react to Bai's initiating attack, let alone the retaliation. Normally, someone flying at her was an easy target. But this time the person had a hostage. Bai struggled while her collar was held and soon her blouse had ripped and torn off. The young girl fell, rolling, on the ground.

Heather immediately took advantage of the situation. She held out her hand and snapped. An explosion erupted where Vali was. Bai was already back on her feet, in a tank top, ready to pounce once the smoke cleared.

"Dammit." He stated as the explosion went off. Vali flew out of the smoke as he held his hand out towards Heather and a purple ball of mana, covered in red electricity, and a black outlining. The ball grew rapidly and fired off down towards them. "Diablo mark I!"

Heather gave one large push, of her wings, against the ground and she rocketed towards Bai to grab her and they were both in the air. If she held Bai close maybe the man wouldn't try to do an all out attack in fear of harming his target as well. But at the same time Heather couldn't use her full power for the same reason.

Heather landed on the ground after the explosion cleared and set the girl down.

"Bai, you need to run. Get out of here and keep searching for who you're looking for."

"But-"

"Now." Heather snapped. "I can't have you in the area if I want to fight properly. He won't come after you, I promise. Then I'll catch up." Bai hesitated for a moment but then broke off into a full sprint. Heather kept a close eye on Vali while she ran until Bai was a safe enough distance away.

Vali crossed his arms while he watched the ball plummet on top of Heather, though she moved out of the way in a quick haste trying to escape from the impact. As the cloud cleared Vali was seen watching the two girls with his arms still crossed. His wings were still shining releasing blue particles from the tips.

Once Bai busted out in a full sprint Vali blasted off after her disregarding the fight with Heather, if she wanted to fight him and protect her friend then she better get rid of him fast, he wasn't stopping for nothing. Letting the girl escape was the last thing Vali needed to deal with.

“Oh, no you don’t.” Heather muttered as she took with a surprisingly burst of speed. She almost immediately caught up with Vali and grabbed him. She adjusted his momentum towards one of the huts as they both crashed through. Upon seeing no one home, Heather’s eyes lit up to a bright orange color as she focused on heating up Vali’s armor, rapidly.

Vali looked back realizing the girl caught up to him, of course he wasn't flying at top speed so he wasn't too shocked. Once she grabbed onto him though he looked back once again noticing she directed their landing into a hut. Once they crashed through the roof Vali felt the intense heat from the area starting to make him sweat, taking note of the temperature rising he punched Heather in the gut which would allow him to break free and blast his way out of the fire pit. The armor that protected his left arm was burnt off slightly burning his arm in the process, but it was still usable. Looking at his arm Vali's wings started shining blue as blue particles started to come from Heather's body towards his wing.

His piece of armor that covered his left arm reappeared before he dashed towards Heather going for another punch this time with his right fist.

Heather was sure Bai was far enough away by now. Even as she was slightly bent over from the punch she still was able to reach deep into herself and nudge that power that had been undisturbed for quite some time. The last time she used it was just a touch-a drop-against Sowilo to break free of a hypnotizing spell that covered an entire forest.

The phoenix let off a heat wave of such force that the punch stopped mere inches from her face. An extreme heat radiated from the woman. The hut immediately caught fire and fell to ashes in mere seconds showing the same effect in the area around them.

“I warned you.” Heather said softly as her eyes turned to a glowing white.

Being blown back by the sheer force of the intense flames Vali's suit broke completely as he slid back with his clothes slightly on fire. Dusting the flames off him Vali smirked up towards the girl before reactivating his armor that appeared on his body.

"So you possess fire like magic. Interestingly, on my world my rival used fire magic as well. Quite a nuisance to deal with if you ask me. This should be fun though."

Vali realized close range fighting would end in him getting killed so it would be best he take this to range fighting, though the girl could fly too. Smirking under his helmet he blasted off into the sky at blitzing speed before holding both hands out forward casting three magic circles that spun around him in triangle formation creating a small black and red ball of mana in the middle. The three magic circles came together creating one massive one releasing a giant red and black beam towards Heather.

"Demon magic great magic! Diablo Mark Three!"

Heather focused all the intense heat around her into a single point where the beam was headed. The beam looked as if it were absorbed at that point. Both of the intensities canceling each other out. Once Vali’s beam was gone Heather fired a blast of white flames in return. As the near invisible projectile traveled towards the flying man Heather also took flight and rushed towards him.

The man was a demon. If only Heather were back at home to borrow one of those human’s fancy weapons that killed demons outright. It seemed as if she were gonna have to cleanse and exorcise this demon the old fashioned way. If she ever got a hold of Vali, Heather planned on melting the man in his armor. The heat from the metal would only magnetize the heat. And with her speed of flight it would only be a matter of time before she caught him.

Heather followed after her fireball with her fist ready.

Vali releasing more mana throw him he fly at top speed past the ball of flames. Clenching his fist his wings released a burst of mana as he moved at intense speed knocking Heather smooth in the face with enough force to send her flying. After connecting the attack Vali took a moment to regain his composure just being around the flames was intensely hot and being around her was too much of a risk.

No matter the size of this woman's wings she'd never keep up with Vali. His massive pool of mana aided with his divine dividing. He can pour mana into his wings to raise his speed to even higher lengths. This one did seem a problem altho with her flame abilities, never have Vali seen white flames before, he was told on his world it was the technique of the gods. Vali assumed she abides by those same rules considering the intensity of the flame.

"Are you of some form of deity?" Vali wasn't near to using his full power, but by how she responds to the question is going to determine Vali's next move.

Heather stood up.

"I don't explain myself to demon filth. I just send them back to where they belong, if not into oblivion." Heather had to end this. She didn't know where Bai was but surely she was long gone. Or at least Heather hoped. Because she was wanted to end this fight. It had dragged on long enough and Heather had achieved what she planned.

This time Heather reached deep into herself-that pool. Instead of taking a drop she took a handful. A cup full of ancient power that had been around since before man walked Heather’s old world.

In the next instant all oxygen, in the area, was immediately snuffed out. Replaced by a burning and suffocating heat. The air being taken by her next attack. The same flames that consumed and killed the resurrected witches back in Heather’s homeworld. Something very akin to hellfire.

The phoenix then thrust her hand towards Vali and let loose a wide pillar that seemed to twist and move as if it had a mind of its own. The very heat from the attack scorched the ground, itself, and any type of plant life was long burnt away into nothingness.

"Oh? Filth am I? You'll regret ever deciding on spitting those words from your very mouth." Vali said calmly with his arms resting on another as he floated above her calmly. Once the area started to shift slightly it seemed as if it was harder for Vali to breathe. He looked around and noticed things were catching on fire off the intense heat, the dragonic armor started to tell Vali that the surrounding area will be consumed in flames in a matter of mere moments.

Once she released the flames towards Vali he smirked under his helm holding his hand out to the flames that rushed him.

"Divine Dividing!!!!!"

"DIVIDE DIVIDE DIVIDE DIVIDE DIVIDE DIVIDE!!!" The gem in the middle of Vali's chest spoke. The flames soon were divided more then half decreasing the intensity, speed, and power behind it. All of the mana or energy divided from the attack flew into Vali's wings. "Divine Overdrive!"

Holding his left hand out now Vali took the intense flames head on. A smoke cloud formed from the giant explosion. Vali's yellow eyes can be seen from the smoke shining bright, it was only natural that his main attack from his divine dividing was to reduce the power of spells so long as he made contact with the opponent.

"That all? Surely with those gigantic wings-"

Multiple beams fired off towards Vali creating even more explosions. Behind Heather Ain landed crouching down turning his gun to the back of her head ready to fire off at any moment. "Move and you turn to dust!"

"Quite fooling around Ain!!!!" The smoke cleared from Vali as his magic power was rising creating gusts of winds and even making the ground shake. Pebbles floating from the ground.

"You take all of the fun, but not today asshole!" Ain said flash stepped in front of Heather standing on the air high enough with Vali. Pointing his right gun Ain had a smirk towards Vali. "You'll die to me today!" Pulling the trigger a gigantic beam rushed towards Vali as he moved out of the way shooting towards Ain headbutting him in the gut. Ain coughed up saliva then was kicked down to the ground. Vali blasted off down towards Ain, and flashed stepped past the multiple beams fired off at him.

Fenris ran from the forest finally arriving to the battle with Obito, Junko, and Jenny on his back.

"Ain!" Junko shouted. "What the fuck! She's getting away, you idiot." As the others looked up from their quarrel Heather was already a fair distance away. One of them was hard enough to deal with and they had reinforcements. She would have to be satisfied with fleeing and hoping she would find Bai before the others did.

--

Bai managed to make it past the border of Nortestra. As she ran she could see the chaos of Heather’s battle erupt on the horizon and could only pray that the phoenix made it out okay. But now she could see smoke and the smell of death and destruction not far off in the distance. There was a type of electricity in the air. But still she pushed on. It was still better than being captured by whatever that thing was. Or so the girl hoped.

Hiba

1611617263980.png

Hiba kept staring at the two creatures before looking back at Nemu who cheered for her… Hiba was confused as she was doing that, sparring is not an official competition it is meant to be for training, besides Hiba had slightly messed up her technique and could’ve potentially hurt the creature. She turned her gaze but to them only to see blood flowing in the ground…

Hiba froze, she didn’t know how to react, why was there blood… then the screams of the creatures came, the smell of burning flesh… Hiba spaced out… she froze like a statue, even with all the heat around her, she felt cold… it was dark, she couldn’t see anything, she couldn’t hear anything, her senses were shut down… the floor felt wet… it only felt wet, she couldn’t feel the wind hitting her face…

Where was she… she thought over and over… why was she there… she questioned over and over without getting an answer…

What is going on… who am
I…

“... Hiba you good? How about you, Gloop?”

Hiba instantly regained her senses and turned around to Nemu as her name was spoken. She didn’t know what to say… however after listening to their conversation and trying to understand it, she slowly concluded that the blood must’ve been fake… Hiba didn’t put any further thought into it, as she moved her gaze to see the other girl…

She left her battle stance as the two other creatures left. However not before long she heard a voice come from behind them… the voice wasn’t threatening so Hiba slowly turned around. The mysterious woman began to speak before Hiba got caught out with a curious word she had never heard off.

“Mollug… what is… a Mollug”

Interactions: Juju Juju
Mentions: seasonedcat seasonedcat

Ivan, Tobias, and Caedmon
Network: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Tobias) @Lazaro1505 (Professor) Juju Juju (Gloop, Kotori) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan) @Judge_Vulxray (Midyiel)
Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan/Tobias) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Tobias) YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica)
Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Athena)
Ivan.JPG Tobias.JPGCaedmon.JPG
The battle raged fiercely around the summoned and throughout the city of Castellan. The Mollugs had been bad enough for the health of Castellans inhabitants, but now that a horde of shadow demons had appeared, summoned by Aldreg, fatalities were really rising. Families rushed to escape to the docks, the few remaining soldiers rushing in the opposite direction to stem the tide of the invading army. Members of both parties fell as they went in their chosen direction, Mollug projectiles and demon claws slowly thinning the tide of Nortestrans.

The Colecanth continued to writhe in the sky, lancing energy bolts through the atmosphere and through both sides forces. Its tentacles pierced those unfortunate enough to be caught in its path. Devastation was the name of the game, and the Mollugs were winning in property damage numbers. Casualties also seemed to be their specialty as Mollug war machines, mages and soldiers rushed to and fro, from position to position, lancing fire at anything not wearing the garb of Mollug. Countless souls perished and the situation was rapidly deteriorating. Something needed to be done.

But Ivan and Caedmon needed to deal with Tobias injury first. The two of them were standing near a crumbled wall, out of view of Kana and the Mollugs. They could translocate Tobias again if needed, the old man just needed to contact them.

The baby was still in hot pursuit of new Ivan's friend and it didn't seem that she would abandon her prey. Caedmon didn't understand why the baby was so intend to murder the confused old man. But there was a lot he didn't know about babies. Like why were they delivered by birds? That had never made any sense to him. Especially since birds couldn't survive in space but babies still showed up periodically on space stations and battle cruisers. Well. He added that to his list of things to ask the Bird Woman later.

"Ivan." Caedmon says, raising a psishield over the gunslinger to protect him from a shadow demon leaping out of the dust and rubble. "I'm going to bring your friend back here soon. I'll try to keep the baby occupied but she seems very committed to murdering the old man." He adjusts his glasses and looks out over the battlefield, "I believe this is the stratagem of the traitor. To keep us from conducting a thorough investigation."

Ivan whipped his head around as the demon launched itself at him. Caught off guard, thinking the cover he was under would provide defense, Ivan hadn't noticed the creature. So Caedmon's psishield proved to be a literal lifesaver. The demon clawed at the shield for several seconds before Ivan vaporized it. The creatures legs toppled over, the rest of its body simply ash.

Ivan turned back to Caedmon, a sigh of relief escaping his lips. It was nice to have allies. "Thanks Caedmon... that was much appreciated. Where is Tobias now? Is that mecha still going after him?" Ivan glanced around as he talked to Caedmon, his guard even more so up now. He fired a couple shots at some approaching demons, killing them all with pinpoint accuracy. He looked back at Caedmon and noticed the dried blood on his forehead, drip marks running over his eyes. Ivan felt concern for the psychic and motioned to the blood on his face. "Might wanna get that out of your vision Caedmon, we cant afford any distractions."

"Yes. He's located 2,315 meters in that direction." Caedmon answers, pointing into the distance. "The baby..." He stops, then explains, "The mecha is being piloted by a baby. I don't understand why. Her mind is quite advanced but only a few months old."

Caedmon is silent for a long moment as he tries to understand what new Ivan meant when he gestured at his face. His expression still locked in the ever present scowl. Did new Ivan expect him to get a haircut now? That would be even more distracting than having his hair occasionally block his vision.

"The blood Caedmon, its all over your face." Ivan chuckled as Caedmon pondered what Ivan had said. The psychic seemed naive, or befuddled in some ways, and yet in others, seemed near genius and experienced like a wise old man.

"Oh. I see." Caedmon says, touching his forehead with a finger and then shaking his head. "It's just a minor skull fracture. It will heal by tomorrow."

Ivan cocked an eyebrow and then replied, "Whatever you say man, just don't go acquiring anymore wounds like that. Stay safe y'know?" Ivan himself had had some very close calls and had acquired several cuts and many bruises during his time in Castellan. He wasn't much of one to talk about avoiding injuries. But he figured that advising his ally to take care of himself was never a bad thing.

"Injury is unavoidable on the battlefield but I will attempt to remain within optimal fighting condition." Caedmon answers, thinking back to his condition when he had won the war. He had no desire to push himself to that point again. There was no need to do that here. Things were not so desperate. He also did not have his siblings to fight for. He had latched onto Gloop quickly but, despite his enthusiasm, he knew that it wasn't the same as the ones who had been made with him. He decided to follow new Ivan's advice, "Do you have a cloth?"

Ivan listened to Caedmon and nodded with a slightly hesitant face, injury was truly unavoidable. Death could come knocking at any moment. He then strolled over to where a flag surrounded by several bodies lay planted in the dirt. The Nortestran colors, a brilliant crimson with gold intricacies running all along it. Ivan ripped a piece of the still fluttering flag, and walked back over to Caedmon. Handing him the cloth he said, "Alright, so first we save Tobias, then the city. Then after all that, we find Athena."

The gun whirred and hissed with joy at Ivan's selection of tasks. Ivan looked down at the gun hanging from its straps attached to him. He then had an idea. Perhaps The Gun could be used to stabilize Tobias injury. It was ridiculously high tech and had at points, provided types of healing to Ivan in order to keep him alive in select situations.

"Thank you Ivan." Caedmon rubbed the cloth with his fingers. It was unlike any that he had touched before. He had heard some of the regulars talk about missing 'natural' fabric, is this what they had met? He didn't understand the appeal. It was just a minor difference in texture. He removed his glasses and wiped away the blood, then tossed aside the scrap of flag. He did think it was nice that the locals kept cloth handy for wiping things up but didn't understand why it was hanging from a pole. "The baby in the mecha is attacking your friend now. I have been shielding him but...he is having mental difficulty with the attacks. They upset him greatly even though he hasn't been harmed."

Ivan held the gun, pointing its front into the sky, hefting its mass for Caedmon to view. It was a large weapon, exceeding Ivan's height in length. It was also quite dense and angular, with pieces jutting out at strange angles for stranger reasons. He then detached a piece of the weapon about the size of a forearm. The hunk of detached metal began to shift in size and shape until it formed itself into a strange arm cannon of sorts, able to fit around ones forearm as an extension of sorts.

"This will hopefully deal with whatever shit Tobias is dealing with in terms of his arm. I don't know exactly how it will work, but the gun is supposed to adapt and change on its own in order to survive, its like a living extension of myself. If connected to Tobias arm it should adapt to its situation. Basically it should stabilize the gravity fluctuations in order to survive its situation. The Gun I mean."

"Understood. I will transposition myself with the baby and attempt to keep her from pursuing while you assist your friend." Caedmon answers seriously, a second later he disappears and Tobias appears where he had been.

Tobias fell to his knees on the ground the moment he was transpositioned, sweating from his brow and narrowing his eyes at the ground, pain overwhelming his senses as his arm continued to heal and rupture over the psilink network. The old man was grateful for the connection, the pain spread out among the group reducing the pain to near bearable levels.

The Scientist Adrift had once again narrowly avoided being killed by Yunica and he was getting annoyed at the mecha's fruitless assaults on him. He would crush it, pain or no pain, if it came back. Then Tobias saw Ivan and smiled through the pain. Tobias was confused the two beings Caedmon and Ivan were doing so much to keep him alive. He had been murderous, destructive and his powers would destroy them if not stopped. He was feeling sad at the situation that was overwhelming his suit when Tobias noticed Ivan was actually grinning.

Why was the lad grinning? Tobias thought to himself as his eyes teared from the pain once again. And then Tobias saw the piece of shifting electronic metal in Ivans hands. Ivan was smiling a toothy smile and told Tobias about his plan to use a piece of the gun on the suit.

Tobias mused on the situation for several moments, his intelligent scientists mind mulling over the problem. He had caused so much destruction as of recently, having nearly killed a lonesome horse that day. The horse had not deserved its place in Tobias onslaught and the fact he had nearly killed it still haunted him. He then thought of Ivans plan and the many unknowns it harbored. But Tobias had always loved the thrill of the unknown. Who knew how his suit would react to Ivans gun! It was an exciting thought, combining the two technologies.

Tobias thrust out his slowly rupturing arm, blood splattering in the air and to the ground around the destroyed limb. Tobias smiled at Ivan, his slightly senile nature taking over as he said. "Arm me Ivan!"

Ivan shrugged knowing full well the risks of putting the two pieces of tech together. He then shoved the arm blaster onto the rupturing wound, the metal limb extension stabilizing the anomalous wound with its contact.

An explosion echoed in the background, Tobias and Ivan then stopped for several moments as the gun and the suit interacted, whirring and clicking, blue lights flaring all over Tobias' suit, both alternate reality technologies of such advanced origin it was impossible to say how high tech they were. The suit suddenly beeped loudly and all over flashed a bright blue light, highlighting Tobias' skeleton under his flesh. Tobias felt himself relax all over as the suit and Gun joined.

It had worked! Tobias and his suit had successfully integrated the gun! Now The Scientist Adrift had a robotic gun arm. The gun acted as a prosthetic to the limb. Ivan had successfully kept Tobias from bleeding out and had upgraded him with a gun arm. Ivan dabbed then. He had been successful. He dabbed a second time. It was lit.

Tobias lifted the new arm and gazed at it for several seconds, admiring the finer intricacies of the metal work and machinery. He then held it out and blasted through a the remnants of a war wagon with a single shot. Tobias laughed, feeling like a young man again with the new arm now connected. The Gun having been connected to Tobias' body, now acted as a booster of sorts, enhancing Tobias' abilities, body and mind.

Ivan however was not doing so great in comparison, detaching the piece of his gun had diminished its power and drained Ivan of plenty of energy. He would recover in time, but for now he was much weaker than he had been. Ivan took a seat and pulled out one of his last remaining energy bars, chowing down on the artificial protein block with enthusiasm. He was hungry.

Caedmon appears where Tobias had been a moment before and a wave of magical fire erupts over him. He manages to raise a weak psishield but his concentration is off and his face receives some second degree burns. Fortunately, the psishield and his protective suit manage to guard the rest of him from the flames.

"Baby! That is enough! Stop this tantrum immediately!" Caedmon shouts telepathically at the baby, trying to sound like he imagined a parent would. "I will buy you a candy if you behave."

Last edited:
Merchants of Castellan's Second Ward
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Palace District. Theme: Crisis, Xenoblade
"2.5 mm. Curves that look like valleys should be clipped, curves that look like mountains should be notched..." The dragon mutters as gravity returns to normal and it paws onward. It pauses as a shadow demon charges towards it, turning casually and incinerating the thing with fiery breath, then continues on. "...oh...bother... Where was I?"

Gravity was back to normal but Ichabod had a problem. Seven of them, to precise. Seven shadow demons were descending on the three wagons loaded with his trade goods and wealth. He sent most of his hired thugs after them - ignoring their cries as they were cut down - and whipped the horses. They started with a jolt, pulling the wagons away from the palace district. He wasn't happy that his security detail was getting hacked to death by demons but on the bright side he wouldn't have to pay them after this was over. Not that he paid them much anyway. He squeals at the few remaining armed thugs, pointing ahead, "Quick! To the harbor!"

Mask Squad VI
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Starting Fires in Second Ward.​

Several houses were already alight, the fires steadily growing, but the smoke was barely noticeable thanks to the rain pouring from the stormclouds above. The two masked soldiers continued on their latest mission, quietly setting house after house on fire. The masked swordswoman flew from house to house, tossing coals into dry corners and breathing flames from them with her wind magic. The masked jester stepped through the shadows, from one home to the other, pressing the little fire elemental it held in it's burnt hand against the rafters until they started burning. The second ward of Castellan was still larger than many cities and they had only started on one neighborhood, still their master hoped it would please the High Councilor enough to win some favor.

FORSITH, BROTHER BEAST, IAN
Authored by Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture and Gohan510 Gohan510

Forsith carried Enzio like a firefighter would, the younger knight tied to Forsiths back while the group fought to find a place to heal the young lad. At the same time Brother Beast made his way through the palace fighting demons and carrying Ian. The Nortestran general from the palace was injured pretty badly and Brother Beast was aware of this. Durgath had two of the other soldiers in their pack carrying the Nortestran general on a stretcher. His protection was a priority for the Mollug turncoats. A Nortestran general was needed to align the Mollug traitors with the Nortestran defenders. Ian fit that role, almost perfectly if he wasnt so wounded. The Mollug general rushed through the palace with his soldiers trying to evade the various plentiful demons that were flooding the area. They lost many men as they left the palace.

Soon Brother Beast and General Forsith were near each other and then suddenly they were passing each other, the two of them barely managing to notice each other in the chaos that plagued the battlefield. Forsith stopped suddenly, having been heading further into the palace thinking there was safety there. Forsith barely recognized the Mollug general, but he did, and Forsith suddenly remembered the plan Athena had told him of. The Mollug turncoats would help Castellan see yet another day. Forsith stopped and turned directly to face Brother Beast, the two of them locking eyes for a moment. Brother Beast nodded with understanding before he strode over and then bowed, pointing at Ian. "I have saved one of your generals from turncoats within the palace. I trust you are Forsith? The Red Giant? Funny, how there should be traitors so plentiful on this battlefield." Alexander Murkoff laughed, a deep and menacing sound.

Forsith looked at Brother Beast right in the eye slits cut into his mask. The Nortestran general knew from earlier intel this was the turncoat. Good to meet him in person at last. Forsith held out his hand to shake and The Mollug general took it, the two grunting with approval and mutual respect at the others strength. "We need to find a healer here somewhere." Forsith said, Brother Beast nodding his head in agreement. "I will heal your general with my book, the boy will have to find saving elsewhere." Brother Beast said as he pulled open a book that hung on a chain from his waist. Brother Beast chanted three times in repititions and the book glowed a dark red. Then the red light engulfed Ian and most of the generals wounds healed instantly.

Ian woke up from just being healed, his sight was blury from all the flashing from the many explosions around and looked at his hands slowly regaining his vision. Looking around he noticed there were others around him, Forsith the newly arrived general was there along with many other soldiers. Included amongst these men was the infamous Mollug general Brother Beast. Slowly sitting up Ian dusted himself off and noticed all his wounds were recovered. There were no healers in sight or so he thought the most.

Durgath nodded at the Nortestran general and offered a hand to the recently wounded warrior. "Feels good right? That book has saved my life more than once haha!" The warriors around Forsith and Brother Beast all chuckled or smiled. Most could relate to the feeling of having been saved by a book. Brother Beast turned to Forsith and said, "We need to coordinate my troops movements. The order to betray hasnt gone out yet but all my men are simply waiting on the order." Forsith nodded and grinned, the situation could still be saved. Brother Beasts men numbered in the thousands. Their addition to the Nortestran defence would change the shape of the battle.

Once Durgath offered Ian a hand he took it and regained his stance back on his feet. "Yes it has worked quite wonders, Thank you for rescuing me from that dire situation. It seems their demonic abilities plus the fact it was the two of them was a little too much for me."

Brother Beast nodded and he thought on the numerous betrayals that were occurring in Castellan that day. Forsith himself didnt know Aldreg had betrayed them yet, but he was definitely getting a bad feeling from the way Ian and the Mollugs were talking.

"Send out the order then... What do I call you?"

Brother Beast narrowed his eyes for a moment, then chuckled and responded, "Im called Brother Beast by many, and Alexander Murkoff by few. I prefer the former." Forsith responded, "Well, Brother Beast, send out the the order, I will send my messengers out in accompaniment."

"Including with that order let it be known Aldreg, Toren, and Gen all are betraying out country. It's a sad thing to say, but it was coming sooner or later I was watching them for quite some time. Where is the princess? I hope she isn't in the palace still." Ian turned to the young Nortestra knight that went by the name of Enzio. Ian walked over to him crouching down placing one hand over Enzio. His hand was coated in a bright yellow light. "Healing magic of the forgotten totem. Uchikata!" A magic circle spun under the boy and flashed bright until a coffin opened up and consumed the boy. While Enzio was in the coffin his wounds will slowly recover.

"That'll at least get him back in fighting state, not much I can do for his deep wounds. Brother Beast wasn't it? Thank you again."

Forsith looked at Ian with a face of surprise. Betrayal? Forsith had not spent enough time in the capital to understand the complex political machinations that had been going on, but he had been around for the Summoneds arrest along with their apparent attack on Athena. But still, Aldreg betraying Nortestra? Forsith was dumbfounded and wished he knew why the old general had gone rogue. Aldreg had never seemed that much the type to betray them. But perhaps he had grown discontent with the war, the ruling clas and the overall situation of Nortestra. Forsith himself had been quite frustrated by Nortestras beaureaucracy and overwhelming upper class.

"This is grim news indeed General Ian, we must stop these traitors before they cause any more destruction. And yet the situation is still quite unstable, we must deal with this invasion before we handle traitors. "

Brother Beast spoke up, "Well, the turncoats arent working with Mollug at the least, otherwise I would have most certainly learned of this event before its happening. We can assume theyre working either for a third organization of some sort, or have gone fully rogue. Im assuming the former. And Ian, I expect you to give your all in these next few hours, I just hope the book was able to heal you enough."

Ian turned to Forsith and shook his head. "Negative, allowing Aldreg to continue his rain of terror is not in our best interest. He's killed countless already if I have a chance to stop him hopefully with the help of summoned or even if I have to risk my life to rid of his terror I will." Ian glarred towards brother beast with killer intent. "You are not one of us so I suggest you hold your tongue before you decide to utter out nonsence again. I thanked you for the heal, yet never asked for your pity. Do not think so highly of yourself, you're just as scummy as Aldreg. Slimes that can't be trusted by neither side."

Ian turned to Forsith holding the hilt of his blade. "You should check on the princess find her location and make sure she's safe. I'm going to push on in the battlefield hopefully finding Aldreg on my path." Ian turned walking away from the group.

"I need to find my men hopefully they're still at their post." Ian turned his head to look back at the group before giving them a smile and a peace sign before running off to the distance.

Brother Beast raised his arms and shook his head, he had expected little and still been disappointed. Well, he hadnt betrayed the Mollugs for patriotisms sake. Forsith responded to Ian saying, "Yes, the princess must be kept safe. I will notify the Summoned still loyal to her.

The Mollug soldiers around them grumbled at Ians harsh words, and some of them hefted weapons and spat on the ground as the warrior ran away. Forsith looked at Brother Beast and said, "Forgive my compatriot, these are dark times for us all, and tempers are high." Brother Beast chuckled and said "Dark times indeed."

Juju Juju @ everyone involved in the RP

Nathan, Aurora, and Athena collab
Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Nathan) Pai Chan Pai Chan (Aurora)
Mentions: Solirus Solirus (Sulric) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Constant, Bunch of People) Juju Juju (Greymourne, Wakinyan)​
Nathan.JPG Aurora.JPG AthenaCloak.png
The flurries of snow give way to rain from the thick thunderclouds overhead as Aurora guides the small group to one of the nearby houses that is still standing. There’s smoke in the air and the sounds of armed combat echo down the eerily empty streets. There are bodies strewn here and there among the discarded carts and belongings. None of them have platinum hair. Athena felt gall in throat raising at the thought of Felicia...that perfect prophesized princess...digging through bodies looking for…hair that matched... She dug her nails into the palms of her hands and pushed back the thought.

The door to the house is hanging open and there’s still the flickering light of a fire seen through the window. Stepping instead, they find a pleasant domestic scene with only a few signs of panicked escape. There’s still stew boiling in a pot over the fireplace, a few toys and books scattered on a rug. A cat lounging on top of a shelf looks over at them, perturbed at the intrusion, but then yawns and begins licking its paw with indifference. The only signs of flight are a sack of food left half filled in the entry room, a few scattered silver coins on the floor, and one child’s shoe left askew.

Athena hesitates as she steps into the entry room. This was an unfamiliar environment for her, she was accustomed to libraries, barracks, battlefields, ballrooms, the halls of power. She had been to her share of seedier locations, gathering information and making secret connections, but never to a...normal citizen’s abode… She swallows her uncertainty and marches pass the priestess to where she assumes a bedroom will be. It’s a child’s bedroom. Is that even a reason for you to try to kill the only person I have left? To send a child walking to her death?! The princess quickly closes the door, almost slamming it, taking a few deep breaths before she hurries over to another doorway.

She knew it would be small but the cramped bedroom was… Well, she wouldn’t be here long. Athena stepped over to the wardrobe and opened it.

As they stepped into the house Aurora noticed some of the food still lying around. Obviously, the residents left in a hurry. At least, that’s what Aurora hoped. The mess they had left was concerning but there didn’t seem to be obvious signs of struggle.

Athena stood looking at the wardrobe, feverishly going through the calculations… Dress in the simplest outfit to escape notice? Then her allies might not acknowledge her. Dress in the sturdiest? Why bother. She could never outrun the things hunting her. Dress as a man? Wouldn’t soldiers be more likely to kill a man? That would be better than capture by Mollug. No. No. Mollug wasn’t a threat. Why hadn’t Brother Beast turned yet and ended them? It was that…that… Summoned. Why had it decided to kill her? Then there was the Constant. What lies had Mikhail fed him? There was still time. There was still time. She just had to explain. It was Mikhail. It was Meira. It was the Summoned. This wasn’t her fault. It was a disaster but…but… The day could still be won. Her plan was strong enough to compensate for all of this chaos.

The priestess lightly knocked on the adjare door before stepping in the room Athena was in with a bowl of the stew. “Luckily, the stew was kept warm by the fire and doesn’t seem too overcooked, if at all. I’m no chef myself but it tasted fine.” Aurora set the bowl down by the bedside table before joining Athena at the wardrobe.

The priestess’ pleasant words interrupted the princess’ agitated thoughts. Wait… What? The stew is… The very thought of eating made her want to vomit. She turned away and leaned her head on the wardrobe. Her breath came in deep uneven gulps.

Aurora looked about for a moment before taking out a beautiful dress. “This is splendid!” The dress was likely for a special occasion. Going out with friends or on a date, perhaps. Sure, it wasn’t anything like a ball gown but or have the same fabric as the high class dresses but Aurora loved the look of it. The dark green outfit was something the priestess would have been ecstatic about if her mother had presented her with it during her mortal years.

Aurora held it up to Athena. Whoever the owner was, seemed to have a similar build to the princess. So at least they lucked out with this wardrobe. Something fitting, or at least close to it, would be best when on the move.

“What do you think?”

Athena forces herself to stand tall and looks at the dress distantly. It was fine. It was fine. It would work just fine. She swallows dryly, trying to get her tongue working again, before she replies, “It will suffice.” She reaches out to touch the fabric, then notices that her hands are trembling uncontrollably. Stop it. Stop it. Get it together. She pulls her hands back, before adding thinly, “Thank you. Would you…attend to me?” She thought of the palace maids who normally dressed her. Hopefully one or two of them had survived. After her guards, they were the most diligent servants she had. They anticipated her needs and fulfilled them perfectly. They never questioned. Never needed praise. It would take years to train someone...else…

She removes her brown cloak and throws it on the bed, then turns so that the priestess can unbutton the back of her dress. The elaborate outfit required assistance to put on and remove, with hooks and buttons at awkward angles. It was likely, along with the jewelry, worth more than the house they were taking shelter in.

That’s when she sees that the door to the living area is not entirely closed. She steps over and quietly latches it. As the priestess helps her remove her formal dress, she tries once more to collect her feverish thoughts. There were too many unknowns. Too many things she had no control over. Too many things she couldn’t begin to process now.

She needed to take control of the situation, fill in some of the unknowns, she’d never be able...be able to salvage this...unless she… She decided to start with this priestess, asking quietly, “In all of the…excitement I seem to have forgotten your name.”

“My name is Aurora.” The woman answered. “Priestess of one of the cities of Xact.” It was the first time Aurora was alone with Athena. And without immediate distractions. In fact, Aurora hadn’t been able to properly hold a casual conversation with anyone, aside from Nathan, since she left Ilaria. Even at the church Aurora’s interaction with the other nuns was more of Cassandra’s, the head nun’s, responsibility. But there were times when Aurora was able to feel like a girl again on occasion and interact with the nuns of the church. Remind people that even though the priestess was a goddess she was still a woman that could still keep up with gossip and still chit chat and have fun.

Athena slips off a bracelet with a large diamond on it and tosses it on the cloak, “So you worship the Author of Creation?” Aurora gave a couple of nods. The princess knew this was a popular religion in the Xact Empire and beyond. There were a few churches in… Well, there had been a few churches to this deity in Castellan. She wasn’t sure that any had survived the siege. Even the great cathedral dedicated to the worship of the ancestors had been desecrated and left in ruin. “It is good of the Emperor to send Nortestra aid in this dark time but it would have been better if he had sent word ahead.”

“I didn’t know of our aid until a short while ago, as well. It seems it was a last minute decision. It must be hard for word to travel from here through unallied territory to make its way back to Xact. I do wish we could have arrived much earlier and assisted the citizens more.”

“Yes. The citizens, of course...” She responds absently, thinking feverishly on the other point. The Xact Empire could have informed her, they might have sent a flying messenger or used a communication spell. Had they contacted the old fool instead of her? Had he been so...incompetent...that he hadn’t mentioned it to her? Or was this...all part of a secret plan? Had Mikhail...arranged this too? Why...why was Mikhail trying to destroy her? Did it have something to do with Felicia’s...resurrection? She hesitates before asking, “What is your relationship with the knight? Nathaniel?”

Aurora paused to think for a moment.

“Well, we are allies. He came to me at my church and asked for my help. He needed the aid of a Summoned because there aren’t many in Xact. At least none that are open about it. Nathaniel is a decent enough man. But he’s also a commander and I believe he’s just focused and falling back on his soldier training. So hope you don’t hold too much malice against him for his actions, earlier. I don’t approve of his rash actions either but we are in a stressful time where rationality isn’t always the first thing on people’s minds.”

Athena stops removing her jewelry and turns to face the woman. She stares at her intensely, then breathes, “You… You were summoned by SIN?” No wonder the priestess described the knight attacking Felicia with an axe as merely being…rash… She had heard similar excuses when that horned beast had struck her own knights with lightning. In fact, Felicia... Felicia herself had been quick to excuse...that horned beast’s murderous rage… She felt no sympathy for Felicia. In fact, she wished that the knight had managed to cleave her perfect little head off… That would have put an end...again...to that prophecy. But...but she still roiled at how the summoned excused behavior...that was far beyond acceptable standards... The Summoned acted as if they were above the law. As if they could shrug off law and order. No. Not here. Here, in Nortestra, her word would be law. They would follow her edicts… At least, that’s how it should be. How it would be. If...if only they would stop interfering with her plans.

Aurora looked ashamed. There was no denying the fact that the goddess was brought over by SIN. Plucked from her sacred duty for a new plan The Author had in store for her.

“Unfortunately, yes. I didn’t have much choice in the matter. But SIN seems to summon people based on their potential...destructive power. SIN, most likely, realizes that I am not a prime candidate for his game. Not everyone summoned by SIN are conflicted souls. There are good people out there as well. It’s just that every one of us has witnessed death and destruction, it seems. The one thing we all have in common.”

Athena keeps her thoughts on this to herself. Instead, she takes a deep breath, stepping out of the royal dress and picking up the green one. Her fingers were sturdier now, at least, but she still felt sick. There were too many unknowns. She needed to understand who these people were. She needed to understand what factions were involved here. What were they after? Then she could...could determine the best course of action. These two had taken her from Providence… Prevented her from reaching the Constant and explaining. They said they represented the Xact Empire. But that talk about scripture, SIN, and Authority… What had that meant? How did Felicia fit into this? It was SIN...who had brought Felicia here… It was SIN who had taken all of her efforts and tried to...just hand them to that perfect prophesied princess… It was SIN’s summonings that had...ruined all of her plans… Why had SIN...why had SIN started summoning again now… In her lifetime?

She licks her dry lips then asks, “What did Nathaniel mean when he said that scripture states that SIN is the only thing between Valucia and the Authority? What is the Authority? What was the...conflict over virtue?" Felicia had known what they were talking about. How in merde did Felicia know something she didn’t? Felicia mentioned the Constant… Had the Constant…

The priestess’ smile faltered. Virtue. It was something Nathanial mentioned occasionally. Aurora didn’t think too much of it at first. Who knows how many gods people worshipped in this world. But now that someone else had brought it up? It was important. Was this Virtue another cosmic being like SIN?

“I’m afraid I don’t know much more than you do. I don’t follow any teachings of SIN. I actually dislike the being. I believe Virtue is a being similar to SIN by what I’ve heard from Nathaniel. Maybe we should ask the knight to clear any obfuscation presented by these gods.”

“There are other beings like SIN? The lore only speaks of SIN summoning outsiders to… Well, you should know, you were summoned by SIN.” Athena answers, unable to hide the uncertainty in her voice as the priestess helps her pull on the green dress. It’s loose but fits well enough. She had long been accustomed to wearing clothing perfectly tailored to her so even though this was close to her height she found it ill fitting where another person would find it quite comfortable. “Is this Authority...related to the Author?” Athena had studied religion and lore from the best scholars in Nortestra.

“There are quite a few religious sects in Valucia. Each worshipping their own deity or version of it. The Author is the ultimate creator. It doesn’t seem like SIN hasn’t been around since the Beginning nor is he all knowing. He’s an observer. As for The Authority; they are likely a version of The Author that is worshipped by another religion. The Author just creates and lets his creations freedom. The Authority is actually the opposite. Harsh and without mercy against those that would oppose them.”

Religious sects were one thing, Athena thought dryly as the priestess spoke, but SIN was another entirely. It disturbed her that she had never even heard of these entities? Still she felt some relief that they were religious constructs, she had been afraid that they were power structures within Providence that she had been kept in the dark about. Though it made sense; Author and Authority had the same root linguistically, so there must be some connection.

Nathan stood in a room adjacent to Athena and Aurora, gazing out into the ruins of the city, explosions and screaming accompanying his view of the surroundings. He sighed and wondered at how bad the situation had gotten. The knight seemed to have been looked at quite harshly for doing very little wrong. He had saved Athena’s life and helped her escape her pursuers, and yet she exuded an extreme aura of distrust and arrogance. Sure he wasn't royalty, but Nathan was getting very little respect here. The situation ticked him off more than a little bit. Felicia herself was a problem, though something about her seemed off. The scarring and lack of flame abilities concerned him. The voice in his head told him she was not what she seemed. Nathan took this voice to be the Word of SIN. He would stop trying to kill her for now however, as the goal of keeping Athena alive took priority

Armored to the extreme, Nathan walked over to the door to the room Aurora and Athena were in. He knocked twice on the door and stood there for a moment, he then said, “We need to get a move on. This situation continues to destabilize. Let us move on from this point.”

Athena emerges from the room wearing a dark green dress. Her royal garments and jewelry are wrapped in the cloak from the palace, which she carries like a bag under one arm.

I have determined our next course of action. There are secret tunnels leading outside the city that we can use to make egress and wait in safety to witness the outcome of this battle. Nortestra may yet emerge victorious but you are correct that my kingdom will need close collaboration with the Xact Empire to turn the tides of this war. If the battle is lost, you shall assist me in gathering my most loyal subordinates and then we will accompany you to the Xact Empire.” Athena states this as if issuing a regal decree, though she felt far less confident than she sounded. Would Providence interfere? What slander had Mikhail told the Constant? “If the battle is won, then we shall establish a new command center within Notrestra and you shall work closely with me on coordinating collaboration between our two nations. I will not invite usurpers to seize the throne by my absence.” She could see Felicia wearing her father’s crown in her mind. The thought made her weak again, as if her legs would buckle over. She covers it by walking to the entry room, trying her best to stride, and sets her cloak there, she then takes one of the rougher cloaks that had belonged to the family who lived here, “No matter the outcome of this battle, we should begin to gather my most loyal lieutenants... Brother Beast. Sulric. Ian.” Of course they would not be able to gather them all while the battle raged but, at least, Brother Beast should be nearby. They had not come that far from the rendezvous point. She hesitates, then asks, “And what of Greymourne? You said she sent you?” They would not wait for Felicia. They would leave her behind digging in the corpses. The spiteful thought should have given Athena some comfort...but it did not… For some reason it just made her feel even sicker in the pit of her stomach.

Nathan mused on Athena’s orders. They were sensible given the current circumstances. Nathan sent a telepathic message to several of the paladins that had come with him and Aurora. The Xactian warriors received the message and multiple headed off from their positions to join Nathan, Aurora and the Princess. Nathan nodded his head receiving replies from his lieutenants. He turned to Athena and said, “I have called for backup, we will assist in getting you to your supporters. Let us move to meet up with my men, then we will head to your generals. And yes, I was with Greymourne earlier, last I saw of her she was fighting on the frontlines against both summoned and Mollug forces. These Summoned can truly be a hassle…”

Athena bit back the urge to snap at the man, she needed him for now and had to take care not to offend him. When the time was right she would petition the Xact Emperor to send this knight off to Mollug to fight on the frontlines. A hassle. Is that what he thought of the ruin of her kingdom and the enemy that had nearly ended her life? She would enjoy seeing what he thought of that hassle when it came for him.

“Hence, it is why we need as many on our side as possible.” Aurora said as she stepped in to join the others, bowl in hand. “The more Summoned allies we have the less we would have to worry about. I don’t know about this Virtue’s Summoned but I am fairly certain the majority of Summoned called by SIN are quite, potentially, devastating in one way or another. If Virtue really is opposed to SIN then we can expect those to be equally terrifying in power. I’m just not sure how much this world could handle…” Aurora poured the stew from the current bowl out and refilled it with more from the pot. She placed it at the table and put a second one before pulling up a couple of chairs.

Athena had, once, agreed with the wisdom of recruiting summoned to bolster her kingdom’s armed forces and she had learned the hard way that...it did not reduce one’s worries… Quite the opposite. That murderous horned beast and...and… Felicia…had… Her orderly systems and plans...had been... She pulled the rough homespun cloak over her shoulders and glanced back at the woman. She had been about to note that Felicia had been summoned by SIN but the words died in her throat… Her face grew even more pale than it had been a moment ago.

“But before we do anything else, you two are going to eat. Mortals need their energy up and I won’t take any protests.” Aurora said in a stern voice even though her eyes were still kind. It was important to keep nourished even if the appetite wasn’t there. Yet another thing the priestess learned from her time in war.

Nathan takes the bowl of soup, looks down at it for a moment, and then lifts his helmet slightly off to gulp the entire thing down in less than 5 seconds. He then tosses the empty bowl onto a nearby table and walks outside.

Athena stood unsteadily in the entry room, staring past the nonchalant summoned, her mind racing feverishly. She does not answer the demand to eat but pulls the hood of the cloak over her head and walks out into the street. She shuffles numbly towards the nearest of the secret tunnels. Still trying to make sense of that latest revelation.

Frostf̷̥̥̖̤̮̝̯̥͉̼́͊̃͌̒͆͗͘͠ḯ̷̧͂̐̔͌̈́͠ŗ̴̰̬̟̬̯̰͚͉͗̊͝é̵̙̖̾̊̊

ScryingIce.png
The scene faintly reflected through slick ice fades away as the woman waved her hand. The hairbrush from the palace was held in her other hand. That had been an insightful conversation to scry in on. She felt a bit better now. She had been concerned that some depraved SIN cult was absconding with the little one but... The priestess was a summoned and a follower of ‘the Author’, whatever that was, not a SIN cultist. That meant that the SIN devotee had some kind of check on him. He still held some kind of sway over the summoned priestess, perhaps an unrequited attraction on her end, but…

...at least the two of them little one would not be sacrificing the little one to the depraved deity. She had a feeling that the little one’s suffering was only beginning. If only the little one had taken her hand back there. Then they could have taken initiative together. There was only so much she could do to help on her own. She had been tempted to snatch the little one and take her to safety, but that would have been a misstep. She would only do that if the little one was in imminent danger. This little one was not, as the SIN devotee seemed to believe, some passive prize to be carried off and she had no intention of further crushing the little one’s will. The events of the last hours already had her in a fragile state.

And, as expected, they were now leaving without waiting for her to return. At least they had left the princess’ royal attire behind. To think they'd follow that plan. Did they really believe she would find a corpse with ankle length platinum hair? She shook her head as she waved her hand again and the scrying ice melted away. She knew the little one had given her the task out of angst but it was an obvious fool’s errand.
Frostfire.png
She brushed herself off with a sigh, the injuries from the axe ached, and walked quietly over to the recently vacated house. She took care to arrive after the other three were out of sight. She had no friends to heal her on this world and no time to let her scales heal naturally. Perhaps she should have been more aggressive with him but it had been a century since her last fight and she had been afraid that she’d kill the man. He was little and weak. She could have inadvertently snapped his spine or punctured an organ. It was fine. His exploding axe was...merely a sample of the pain to come. There was no point in trying to avoid it. There was no time for alternatives and it had to be done to provide the little one with cover from worst ramifications of her actions.

Closing the entry room door behind her, she picked up the bundle of the palace cloak and began to dress herself in the little one’s raiments. They were troublesome to don without aid. If she hadn’t been a shapeshifter she might have been defeated by them but she was able to manipulate her form and dress herself. How ironic it would have been for a plan to be defeated by overcomplicated garments. The thought made her smile. At times there was an advantage to complexity for complexity’s sake. She always kept that in mind when designing her sanctums. Her form shifted to a close facsimile of the princess as she secured the palace cloak around her shoulders and pulled the hood over her head of platinum hair. The coverings these scaleless ones wore were so confiding and uncomfortable. She did not yet know the little one’s features well so someone who knew her intimately would spot the differences, but from a distance it should deceive even them. It was fortunate that she had such striking features; ankle length hair was hard to miss even on a battlefield. Her legitimacy would be further enhanced by wearing the little one’s royal raiments. Now, it was time to go find death.

She pauses to try a spoonful of the stew. It was good. A taste of family life. She wondered where the family had gotten to with their two children. She had seen the two sets of children's cloaks, chairs, spoons. Their happy life had been disrupted by history. Hopefully they had managed to flee somewhere far away from the tumult of the battlefield. If only the little one had taken her hand back then they could have been doing this together. Instead she was alone, again. She let out a sigh of white mist, then slipped out a backdoor of the house and headed quickly towards the battlefield.

Last edited:
A howl of frustration was let loose within the confines of the Assault Armor’s cockpit as her target was once again yanked from her grasp. The voice ringing in Yunica’s head only caused her to growl in frustration before she responded. “He murdered Light knows how many innocent people, and you would protect him?” Her hands started to shake in rage, the Armor mimicking the clone’s movements. “That would mean that you condone such actions means you are just as evil as he is!”

Powerful magical energy surged into the sword held by the Armor, the light of the spell Effess erupting from the blade even Yunica had the machine take a few steps forward. Then she quickly executed a pair of slashes, one horizontal and one vertical in a shape of a plus, each one leaving behind lingering magical energy that then exploded outwards upon the completion of the second slash. The devastating energy of the Grand Cross attack hurtled towards the area Caedmon was floating, threatening to engulf him in holy energy.

Kaihaku Kaihaku

Caedmon
Network: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Tobias) @Lazaro1505 (Professor) Juju Juju (Gloop, Kotori) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan) @Judge_Vulxray (Midyiel)
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica)
Caedmon.JPG
"That was in the past. He's not hurting anyone now. You can't just murder people for every mistake..." Caedmon starts to reply before the mecha riding baby unleashes a powerful cross blast of energy at him. He didn't quite have the mental focus he needed to completely block the attack. It had taken a mental toll to maintain the network, shield new Ivan's friend, transposition, and then shield himself. He did raise a psishield to protect himself and pulled himself to the side with telekinesis to avoid the worst of it, but his left arm and leg were still horribly mangled by the powerful slash of holy energy. Caedmon wasn't evil or demonic so it wasn't as bad it could have been, but holy energy on that extreme power level was still quite dangerous to neutral, or even good, entities.

The physical sensation of pain was something minor for Caedmon to filter out. It was an automatic reflex by now. Still, he felt a swell of disappointment and frustration. "Bad baby! No candy for you." What a bother! Of course the baby couldn't understand that new Ivan's friend was a sick old man. No more than the sick old man could understand that the mecha riding warrior trying to kill him was just a baby. Caedmon should have been investigating the traitor who he suspected had engineered all of this and set them against each other. Well, nothing to be done about it, at least new Ivan had...done...whatever he had done...with his gun? Caedmon didn't really understand what was going on there.

Caedmon took a deep breath and focused his mental concentration. He needed his psishield at full strength. No more tranpositioning or shielding others for now. He needed to focus on containing this baby's tantrum to give new Ivan a chance to get the sick old man somewhere safe.

Last edited:
The shouted reply that came from Yunica was full of rage at the stranger's willingness to forgive such an atrocity. "It was just a few minutes ago you moron and what he did was a war crime!" At least she was pretty sure it had been bad enough to be counted as such, but the clone wasn't exactly worrying about such details at the moment. Instead she decided that if he was really that determined to keep the gravity man from justice, well, she'd just have to take him down as well. For the second time Yunica swung her sword with the intention of releasing the Grand Cross attack upon Caedmon, but when this one was completed warnings suddenly flashed to life in the corner of her HUD, warning her of stress upon the Armor's systems caused by the Effess Blade system. Just a few moments later the automatic safety systems would disable the flow of magical energy, causing the glow of the magical spell to fade from the weapon.

Kaihaku Kaihaku

Caedmon
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan)​
Caedmon couldn't believe he was having a discussion about war crimes with a baby. He thought they only cared about milk, crying, candies, bears, shiny things, and soft fluff.
Caedmon.JPG
"Did he? You can't just murder people because you think they're guilty of a crime. There has to be a thorough investigation and trial. Ivan tells me that there's a traitor who likely manipulated this poor sick old man...so now that he isn't an imminent threat to anyone he shou..." Caedmon starts to explain to the mecha riding baby but he doesn't get to citing articles 15 and 16 of the military penal code - specifically noting the sections on undue mental influence - as she launches another lethal assault on him. His danger sense triggers in time for him to pull away from this assault and raise a weak psishield to protect himself. His concentration still isn't where he needs it to be so he still takes a deep gash on his right torso. He filters out the pain but is aware that he can't keep up with this killing machine piloted by a homicidal infant.

"Ivan, I think you better get your friend far away from the baby. I can't hold her back." Caedmon advises new Ivan grimly over the network. At this rate he'd be in no shape to assist with investigating the traitor. They must be a significant threat to have turned this baby... Well, maybe not, she was the one who questioned them being allies despite arriving at a common insertion point and receiving the same mission briefing.

Last edited:
CC_20201107_160640.png CC_20201107_161226.png
Kotori & Wakinyan
(and a little bit of Csilla seasonedcat seasonedcat ty bb)​

"Caedmon? Tobias?" Kotori winced from the pain that was not her own, calling out into the silent network. "What is going on?"

They had not responded to her previous call, enough that it had her fearing the worst. Could they hear her? Did her spell have any effect, or was she just letting her light wither into the void. Regardless, she continued to channel her power through the link, for whatever it was worth. The pain grew worse with the effort as she fought to find the energy when she had hardly enough to keep herself going. If she could save one person... one soul...

Wakinyan dragged a hoof across the cracked stone, snorting in impatient disapproval. Still, he took a moment to spare a glance at the confused moonchild, Csilla, and out of respect he answered her question. Like fresh thunder, his words boomed in her mind, yet the pain would not be so unbearable as it would be for a mortal.

░s░h░e░ ░w░a░s░t░e░s░ ░h░e░r░ ░e░n░e░r░g░y░ ░o░n░ ░a░ ░w░o░u░n░d░e░d░ ░f░o░o░l░​

His crimson eyes fell upon the pulsing green gem, tucked away within a small satchel at Kotori's hip. Should this idiocy draw out any longer, he would shatter it without hesitation.

"Actually, there is something you can help me with, Csilla." Kotori stood now, her face still strained from the pain, yet fiercer for it. Her jaw was set, shoulders tense. Edges of lightning caught in her hair, framing the pale strands in a cracked halo. Wakinyan regarded her steadily, eyes following her steps towards Csilla. She held out her hand to the starskinned woman, her flinty eyes sparking. "We join the fray, now. We will ensure those souls do not go gently from this land. Let the agents of darkness know that we will not balk from fear. The city may fall, but as long as we stand united they will never break us."

Raindrops fell from her outstretched fingertips, waiting for Csilla. The moonchild was reluctant at first, worried for her friend, but chased it away with a soft smile and nod, "I am with you, Kotori."

She took her friend's hand and felt the familiar rush of power, the intertwining of two godly domains. Kotori's eyes overflowed with it, glowing in faint white rings as she turned them to the smoking battlefield below. The ache in her arm had vanished, which she could only hope meant the recovery of Tobias. She still had not heard from him or Caedmon, but she did not need to. A bitter laugh almost escaped her throat. Is this what the gods felt, to be so connected, yet estranged from the world beneath them? The wind whipped through her soaked hair, embracing her in a comforting chill.

"Wakinyan, let us go." she stated. It was not a question. In a moment she was crouched on his back, Csilla behind her. The divine beast turned his head, surprised. "Do you trust me?"

A silent thought flickered between them, a conversation that did not need words. If he could, he might even have smiled. Instead he turned himself towards the shattered hole in the wall. With a bound he surged forwards, muscles rippling beneath his pelt as he gathered speed. Lightning charged around him, laced in a faint glitter that grew with his momentum. As he sprinted towards the edge of the wall he threw his head back in a roar, letting the skies quake with him. Then, he leapt.

For a moment the rain stopped. The clouds above shifted from a brooding grey to a haunting blue. Pieces of it broke away, shooting towards Wakinyan. There they condensed, laced in shattered stars like a newborn constellation. They spread from him, unfurling until they were two radiant wings. Rain fell in glittering drops, trailing like stardust behind them. For the first time since his death, he knew the taste of flight.

Caedmon
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan) Juju Juju (Kotori)​
Caedmon.JPG
"Oh, yes, Kotori. The situation has been...temporarily resolved. Thank you for your assistance." Caedmon finally answers over the network, realizing that he's had failed to respond to her with a start. That was careless. He never would have made that mistake with his siblings but they were...attuned to one another. It was quite different coordinating the network with these diverse minds. "Ivan did...something...with his gun... It got the sick old man's powers back under control." Caedmon had never seen a gun do something like that but it had seemed to work. So he had learned something new today. "I've asked Ivan to take the sick old man out of the combat zone. He needs treatment and debriefing. I suspect that he was manipulated by the traitor that Ivan mentioned. He should be able to assist us in investigating the traitor and identifying the true enemy in this scenario."

Caedmon was convinced that the two armies of regulars were being manipulated by dark forces. The sick old man and baby certainly had been as well. He just wasn't sure who those dark forces were or why they would want to inflict massive casualties on the regulars. Then there were the soul harvesters at work among the regulars on both sides. There was definitely something wrong here. Caedmon suspected the Lich but...new Ivan had said something about a princess? Caedmon didn't know what a princess was. He did remember the regulars in his old reality calling a weapons array 'little princess of boom' once but had never really understood why.

"I suspect that this conflict has been engineered to cause mass casualties of the regulars in each army and the civilian population center. I cannot confirm this, or the reason behind it, without conducting an investigation but...the soul harvesting on both sides of this conflict is...very concerning." Caedmon continues over the network to Kotori and the others, his scowl deepening as he stares down the baby in the mecha. She was still planning to murder him. He wished that some MPs were nearby to deal with this situation, he was a combat unit not someone equipped to deal with a tantruming baby in a mecha. "Please be careful. The traitor has been manipulating..." He almost says allies but stops himself, remembering the baby's refusal to identify as an ally. She must have been compromised back then too. Had it been the influence of that Hug Lord of Doom 3000? "...the impressionable into committing acts of extreme violence and preventing an investigation from taking place."

It had been a common tactic of the Daemons back in his original reality. Hide the true threat. Set allies against each other. Manipulate the gullible into preventing attempts at restoring order or investigating strange events. All engineered to divide and conquer. If this were a similar situation, the traitor would be accumulating power behind the scenes now.

Last edited:
=THE CONSTANT, MIKHAIL, MEIRA=
BLACKBURN MANOR
1612073683301.png1612073689005.png1612073694291.png

When the Constant stepped into the Blackburn Manor, the first that met him was the pungent stench of the dead. And laid in the middle of the grand foyer was the source: a pile of thieves, corrupt Nortestran guards, all who were busy trying to ransack the place in search of valuables. Each cadaver had their limbs tied together for easier transportation, and there was not a spot of blood to be found on their pale corpses. Nevertheless, the Constant retained his posture, humming as he walked up the stairs and to the second floor. Mikhail was efficient as usual, deploying his forces in the cleanest methods possible to leave the meeting place empty. Expected work of an Overseer, handpicked by the Constant.

On the second floor, he turned down a hallway, looking at each expertly carved door with gold emblems. Mikhail told him that the runner's little sister was locked in all the way at the end, kept alone with some toys and snacks. The meeting was to take place in the bedroom on the opposite end, far from the child's prying ears. As the Constant walked towards the door, he let off a faint sigh as his already permanent grin curved at the cheeks. The turn of events in Castellan was far from expected, but provided something much appreciated. Opportunity. To weed out the wicked.

Once he stepped into the bedroom, Mikhail had downed his glass of scotch before instantly dropping to a knee. He kept his gaze at the Constant's feet, not daring to move an inch out of disrespect.

"Please, stand up, Mikhail." And like the good dog he is, he rises.

The two wouldn't have to wait long for the meeting to begin, though. Culminating from the edge of the room out of thin air, three of the Weavers appeared. With them, a familiar runner who stared wide-eyed at the Constant. "Meira Aarle. I've heard about you."

The beast woman immediately kneeled, staring at the ground much like Mikhail. She never thought a Menial Operative like herself had a chance of meeting the Constant, but lo and behold... it was more terrifying than she imagined. "I-Is that so, Y-Your Grace?" Curse me, I'm a mess...

The Constant looked at the three Weavers. "Excellent work, as usual." He glanced out the window as the noise of the distant battle echoed to them. He softly chuckled at the faint sight, mainly at the flying Tobias. "We should be done soon enough. Get into position around the Drifter, Tobias, to leave the message. From then on, all Castellan will be is a fond memory of an era long lost."

"Roger that, Your Grace," Cap said. With that, the three vanished once again.

The Constant returned his attention to Meira. "Now, as far as I was concerned, the operation was not supposed to go like this." He reached for a different glass, pouring the scotch that Mikhail had earlier. "If it weren't for the summoned, the Coelacanth would have breached the wall. Everyone fleeing would see a bright light from the princess' balcony, think it's a miracle spell, and watch as it switched sides and decimated the Mollugs. Her legacy would have been solidified, and the king, old and weak, would crown her as the new queen." He put the glass to his lips, emptying it in only a few gulps. He gently laid it back on the table, smiling at Meira. "Would you like to tell me what happened with Athena?"

Meira froze as her eyes finally met his. And, in the stuttering mess she was, she explained it as far back as she recalled. From Felicia's death at Athena's hands, her impatient and irrational behavior, the impromptu punishment for Meira's tardiness, taken out on none other than her child sister, and the defiant exclamations at the Overseer, Mikhail. While she talked, all the Constant did was stand and grin. For a moment, she pondered if he was actually listening.

"I see," he finally responded. "I've always had a feeling about that princess, ever since Kayoko recruited her into Providence..." Then again, it was me who finalized the decision.

But there was one other thing on Meira's mind. "Your Grace, I do wish I was informed of Felicia's early release..."

His pondering steps stopped. "What... did you say?"

Meira felt her throat run dry, and her skin freeze up. In the deafening silence, she suddenly wished she'd kept her mouth shut. "F-Frostfire. S-She arrived here and let me know that a change of plans was made. She said n-none of us were to be i-informed. I-I only felt it would have been easier to—"

The Constant put his hand out, motioning for her silence. His permanent grin now felt imperious. Even Mikhail showed his confusion at her words. Meira had to endure a minute of nothing but the Constant's footsteps, circling her slowly like an opportunistic shark. "When I was crowned the Constant, my predecessor and Andilowa himself stated that Providence's foundation is built on trust." He knelt down to her level, locking eyes with the terrified beast woman, pale as the moon. "They told me that even though I was Constant, I was not to deceive any operatives with my words; to rule my hand without deceit. It was what the Chairman wanted after his passing." She felt his acute gaze dig into her, scraping out every piece of bravery she had left. "So believe me when I say that Felicia is not even conscious, yet."

Meira opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. She only shuddered as her heart picked up, feeling the world spin around her. She fought the nauseous, drunken sense that nearly wobbled her on her side. She had felt this before. It was just like back then, trudging through the snow with a passed out Naia in her arms. Powerlessness. Absolute powerlessness.

"So this... impostor... What exactly did you tell her?"

"N-Noth—"

"Remember, Meira, trust is paramount. Trust is the foundation of Providence. Is it really worth betraying that trust?"

She bit her lip. Everything grew blurry. It suddenly felt as if there wasn't any air in the room. Hanging her head low, Meira shattered. In a broken voice, she told him everything she remembered. She explained what she knew about "Frostfire." The sudden appearance that diverted the beast woman's attention from the primary tasks at hand. Up to the very point with herself at the Constant's mercy.

"Don't cry," he said as she spoke her piece. She didn't realize that the tears broke loose until she heard that. "There'll plenty of time for that later." She heard the blade unsheathe, and she shut her eyes.

"Your Grace." The Constant met Mikhail's stoic gaze, steadying his katana. Mikhail had stepped in after so long, holding his arm out as to stop him. Despite his exterior countenance, he could tell the Overseer was unnerved by his own actions, meeting the Constant's eyes. After a few seconds, he cleared his throat. "If I may..." Mikhail motioned him away from Meira, who toppled over to her side. She caught her fall with her gloved hands, though, just barely.

Curious, the Constant sheathed his blade and took to the conversation. Meira couldn't hear a word they said; she wanted to grab Naia across the hall and run, but the Weavers would have just hunted her down, anyway. The Constant raised a brow, nodding lightly to Mikhail. "It's rare for you to ask for something like this. If that is all you wish for, then so be it." Soon enough, the Constant returned to Meira. Once again, he knelt down to meet her eyes. "You should thank Mikhail later. If it weren't for him, all your life would have amounted to this." He laughed as she stared blankly, exhausted. Meira wanted to feel relieved that she'd live, but his dry sense of humor only served dread. "But don't think this goes without punishment."

Meira winced. She tried comforting herself with the fact she'd live, and that it would probably be over before she could realize it. "Usually, when a grave error is made by an operative, it's a finger they lose. Beast people, however, are special." The Constant drew his blade, pointed directly at Meira. Specifically, one of her horns. At this, she blanched. The Constant noticed her horror, then drifting his head away. "You can choose not to receive the punishment. The alternative would be..." His arm turned with him, aiming his blade at the door. Through the hall. To where Naia was being kept. "Really, it's all your choice."

Meira tried to glare at him, but it felt fruitless to do so. Wordlessly, she positioned herself on her knees, showing her horns to the Constant. She clamped her eyes shut, trying to slow her panicked breathing.

"Don't think this a cruelty; think it a kindness."

Mikhail couldn't watch. The blade fell. Meira's screams pierced throughout the Blackburn Manor. Something clattered against the polished wooden floor. Blood pooled in the bedroom. The beast woman held her hands over her head, where her horn once was. Blood spewed around the gloves, through her fingers. She'd fallen on her side again, having lost her bearing countenance. Now, she only looked terrified.

"Patch her up, Mikhail," he calmly said, walking towards the door. As he laid his hand on the knob, he turned his head back. "Remember. This a more fortunate outcome: losing honor among your species rather than the last of your dear family. And if you must blame someone, we can start with whoever impersonated our trump card. I'm merely the hand she dealt you." He pulled it open, disappearing behind it. In his other hand was her sliced off horn.

"Now, then." In his other hand, a detonator. "To give the dear princess a fair warning."

"Princess Athena Narang"
(Mother Voorjaar)

Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Second Ward Neighborhood → Rook Neighborhood
Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Rook)
Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Athena)​
1612089215194.pngShe followed a simple mantra when it came to these things; discreetness was overrated, it was better to be dramatic. Discreetness was good for dealing with individuals but, when it came to the masses, the dramatic was more evocative, memorable, and captivating. The brilliant magma field slowly spreading around the mechanical aboleth was far better than anything she had been planning. She pulled the hood of the cloak tighter, still hiding her assumed identity, as she turned from looking out over the battlefield to looking towards the second ward. There were no soldiers here. None left alive after the master of gravity, the slime, and those masked soldiers had come this way. She just needed someone reliable to assist in her demise.

She knew just the entity.

The construct hadn't been difficult to find. It never was. This one. This one always made the greatest of impressions.

"Rook. Your passion and zeal to the crown are known throughout the realms. The Queen has decreed that this form must be reforged in the fires you see there." The princess gestures at herself as she speaks the word 'form', and then extends a hand gracefully towards the glow of the magma field spreading on the battlefield. She pushes back the hood of the cloak to reveal her golden hair piece and platinum hair, "Please take me and thrust me into the magma. Leave me submerged there so that I may be reforged in order to better serve the Queen. Even if I protest or cry out, do not show mercy but permit the weakness to be burnt out of me."

She bows to the great construct and waits for it to move. When it lifts her, she lets the palace cloak fall from her shoulders and float to the ground below; fully revealing her ankle length platinum hair and royal raiment.

Last edited:
CC_20201201_031450.png
Alpha Bloodbeast
Solirus Solirus (Sulric) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Cardoza)​
Leathery wings beat through the air, nothing more than a soft hiss against the roaring symphony of war. So many smells lingered in the air, ever rich with sanguine bliss, yet there was no time to stop and indulge. The mistress... oh the mistress... had sent them on a special mission. The alpha shivered at the thought. What joy could come from the simple linking of two things. All that mattered was completing the mistress' wish.

It did not take long for the beast to find the end of the trail. Cardoza had been ever present in the forward camp, his scent sunken into the fabrics of the war tent, every fall of his boots, and now blood. There should be pools of it, melting with that of the Nortestran commander and yet...

The alpha landed heavily on the ground, long fingers sinking into the mud. Their ears flicked backwards, black eyes staring in confusion. In the place where Cardoza and Sulric had fought there remained only a gaping hole. Made into a perfect half-sphere, its edges were untouched by blast nor claw, as if carved by an artisan's blade.

Tilting their head, the alpha searched for tracks yet found nothing out of the ordinary. A few traces of golden magic remained. The beast lowered its twisted muzzle, breathing deep breaths of air. It grumbled thoughtfully. There was something hidden. A third scent lingered, unfamiliar to the beast. Perhaps it should contact the mistress? A ripple of excitement coursed within it at the opportunity to feel her fleeting words in its mind. Its tail curled in delight as it relayed the message, eagerly giving up everything it knew in hopes of pleasing her.
CC_20201201_031241.png CC_20201229_014614.png
Ellanora and Nemu
Solirus Solirus (Hiba) seasonedcat seasonedcat (Clementine)​
A flicker of cool annoyance seeped through the mental connection. White washed over her pupils as the memories were transferred. How troublesome. 'Gather your direbats and let them taste this scent.' Was it a summoned or someone else? For the time being, all the known summoned had been condensed within the city's last wall. 'send some of them to the cathedral, see if this scent matches any of the otherworlders. Act swiftly, the disappearance of Cardoza will not go unnoted for long.'

Lady Nightshade turned her attention back the summoned and smirked faintly at the defensive posture Clementine assumed. She found the action adorable in its futility, like a kitten baring its fangs. She could smell the fear coming off of the young witch, the only one of the trio who seemed to have any thread of suspicion. Not counting the disgusting ball of slime, of course. It had no face and certainly no brain to speak of. Why someone would keep something so repulsive was beyond her.

"Ah, I am relieved to hear that, Clementine. When I saw all that blood on your hands and dainty little dress I admit I had feared the worst." She laughed lightly, yet eyes sharp. "Excellent question, Hiba. Mollug was once part of Nortestra's vast empire of chains and tyranny. Long ago we broke free of their grasp and grew in strength enough to call ourselves a country. Your arrival in Valucia is a timely one; you have the chance to play a part in this great chapter of liberation."

"Wait, so like we thought we were helping the good guys because they're the defending team but really they were the baddies all along?"

"Crudely worded, but you are most correct. What was your name?"

"Nemu" she cleared her throat, then lifted her sword "Sir Nemu."

The vampire was speechless, lifting a brow. Was this child seriously a summoned or had some joke been played. She forced herself to smile patiently, "And from what lord or lady do you hold oath for?"

"Ah... Hib-"

"If you recall, my name is Baroness Nightshade. As my status entails, I could make you an official knight of Mollug, but of course you would have to first perform a deed worthy of that honor."

"Omgosh I totally want that title! Ok huddle time!" Nemu said with a little too much enthusiasm. She pulled Clementine and Hiba towards herself, so that they were all in a huddle like sports teams before a shootout. Gloop wriggled his head between Hiba and Nemu, his form changing shape to fit. He blobbed up and down, clueless of what was going on yet excited anyway. "Heh, I always wanted to do this. Ok, Clem, Hiba, we sooo need to do this side quest! Think about the xp we'll get ...and that sweet knight title... plus it might open up another whole questline in Mole-log~!"

While they talked, a pale man dressed in black approached Ellanora. A large bat rested on his shoulder, nibbling its wing. The man's red eyes lingered on the assortment of oddballs for a moment before he lowered himself in a quick bow to the baroness. He remained silent until Ella gave him a nod, letting him know he was allowed to speak. "Baroness, I bring news of a traitor in our midst. One of our eyes spotted Murkoff assisting an enemy general, Foresth by the looks of it. They were assisting a knight, and seemed to have a small host of traitors with them."

"Ah, I see that brute is showing his true colors. It is always something to consider when taking in such strays. Make contact with Synthia. Tell her that... what is it? You know something I do not? Speak quickly."

"Synthia is dead, my lady." Ellanora's mask of calm was fractured for a moment as the man went on, "She was slain by a savage summoned with powers of fire and... sound. Several of our beasts were driven from the area by the battle, but I ensure you our harvest was unaffected. My lady, what are your orders?"

The baroness took a small breath, tasting the blood and ash. "It is time to reap the harvest. Leave the seeds with those who fled. They no longer need our tending. As for our kin, call them back to the front. Murkoff will not be alone. We must not let this chaos cripple us from within. If any soldier wishes to betray us, make a clean and swift example of them." The pale man inclined his head then withdrew, both he and his bat disappearing as soon as he left the sights of the summoned.
Ellanora gazed across the city, seeing a looming behemoth emerge from the ground. One final trick, it would seem. With Cardoza gone, Synthia dead and the mongrel turned traitor, Ella was effectively the last remaining Mollug general in Castellan. Perhaps the time of shadow had ended. 'Ratface, I have a deviation from the plan. After you have given your blood-memories to your swarm, locate Murkoff and remind him how Mollug treats turncoats.'
CC_20201231_173709.png
Alpha Bloodbeast (a.k.a. Ratface)
'Yes my lady.' Ratface gave a happy whine, like nails raking smooth stone. The mistress was so wise and calm even when the situation was dire. There was no way they could let the mistress down. Brother Beast was her new target, a thorn in her side. For such a slight he would be made into blood and bone, his liver torn out and eaten.

Ratface spread their tattered wings and lifted into the air, their body hunched over gracelessly. A shriek came from them, high pitched and brief, but easily detected by their swarm. Very soon the site was wriggling with brown and black bodies like maggots in a wound. Ratface allowed a few of them to feast on their blood, snapping at them when they tried their luck at feasting on more than their share. After a moment they shook the bats from them, then swooped back towards the capital in search of Brother Beast.

As they passed overhead, a few other bloodbeasts broke from their hidden hovels and scurried in the direction the alpha was heading.

CC_20201229_014614.png
Soon to be Officially Sir Nemu
"Hey, hey, we can help!" Nemu said, eyes bright. "This is my chance to prove a worthy deed and level up to knighthood!! Come on, I've completed the tutorial and I'm ready for some real quests! Oh, I know! We can track down the evil princess while you help your allies! Then we'll bring her back to you!"

The baroness shook her head. "The city is dangerous, and even still, she has likely fled already. It would be easier to find a needle in a haystack."

"Nah, nah, it's like super easy! They taught it in clairvoyance 101 at my school. All you need is something that belonged to her, a few sprigs of basil, some blue salt, a runed stone, and a vessel. We can follow her trail for 24 hours, but if I converted it into a potion I could probably fuse it with Gloop and he could extend the magical effect for 48ish hours. I dunno, im kinda bad at math ahha.."

"Hmm..." Ellanora regarded them curiously. They did not seem like very powerful summoned... although the slow-minded girl with white hair had a strange air around her. A secret lay in wait there, a potent one. The other witch also had the scent of guilt about her. Perhaps they did have potential, but if they died in this mission then at least she would be rid of them. If they succeeded then she would gain the princess and perhaps a useful minion. "Very well, but I must insist you take this with you."

The baroness flicked a finger and a fledgling direbat flew down to her hand. A swirl of red magic enveloped the creature, then vanished as it was absorbed. The bat then fluttered to rest on Nemu's hat, crawling onto the underside of its wide brim. "If you need to contact me, stare into the eyes of this bat. Should you locate the princess, do no engage with her or any of her minions. Report to me immediately, and do not let anyone else but you three know of this mission."

"OOOH MY GOSH! A secret mission! AND a cute bat on my hat... Hatbat!"

"Should you run into any of your fellow summoned, let them know that Mollug can offer much more than the hollow lies of Nortestra."

"I WAS THERE!" she all but shrieks at him. Yunica couldn't understand why this man was so insistent on defending a murderer when he didn't even seem capable of defending himself, and the fact that he wasn't launching any attacks of his own was starting to make her feel bad about injuring him so heavily. But unless she got him out of the way, he'd just keep swapping places with the gravity man and justice would never be served. But if they were in the same area then his ability wouldn't mean anything. The clone had no idea if it would work, be she started to run forward and attempted to take advantage of the height and reach of her Armor to physically grab a hold of Caedmon.

POMA
yeongjin-jeon-little-conductor3.jpg
Interaction/Mention: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim (Zasha) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Coelacanth)​
Whilst the majority of the destruction had moved beyond Castellan's second wall, the Coelacanth still managed to writhe and flail despite the immense amounts of damage it had recieved. No matter how much damage it recieved, it seemed to flat out refuse to stop functioning, practically demolishing anything near it in its death throes. But for those Helpers who stayed outside of its range in order to comply with POMA's wishes? It was an entrancing sight which would probably have made lesser workers neglect their task of dumping as many bodies and weaponry into pits as possible.

But they were NOXCO, so the deed was done with all the precision and style that the Company was known for.

And so the quickly made mass graves were created, and as the Helpers expunged Axis Virus onto it, they began to wriggle and writhe as it worked on the bodies, transforming them and the metal into a soupy slurry of metal and flesh. The helpers who weren't busy assembling the graves guarded them, for even though most soldiers had moved beyond the outer battlefield, their were still a small number of which among the carnage. Of course, the vast majority of them were busy trying not to die to the Coelacanth, a direct contrast with the casual way that POMA floated out of the gaping hole through the beast's center which had just crippled its rear half.

Her mobility in the air was supernatural of course, with her slipping through the air before looking back to look over the damage the blast had done to the Coelacanth. The machine wouldn't be going anywhere for a while, which was good enough for her. There, of course, was the possibility that the Mollugs would be able to fix it through whatever Summoned means were able to fabricate it in the first place. POMA probably would've considered whether or not she should spend the time crippling it further, but she was interrupted when several of the Coelacanth's defense systems recognized her as a threat and worked to correct her presence.

Soon she found herself dodging tesla cannon blasts and energy nets, like a figure skater on air she weaved her way through the onslaught with far too much grace for the situation at hand. And while she was content dodging the Coelacanth's counter-assault, it was the incoming missiles she spotted descending from the heavens. It wasn't the Coelacanth's, that was obvious from the differences of design alone. If anything, it seemed as though the agitated young lady she'd been speaking to inside the beast had decided to react excessively to the destruction of the ugly war-machine. Poma sighed, raising a hand as she swerved away from the raging Coelacanth and channeled energy through her form.

It wasn't like electricity, wasn't even like one's standard energy at all. What Poma had coursing underneath her chassis was the very essence of a holy demonic blend. Undiluted demon energy was a pitch black stream smoky substance that canceled out the light of anything that came close to it, whereas holy energy was a standard pure white which radiated at a blinding level. Both of these coursed through the armd of her free hand, which she closed until only one finger pointed towards the incoming missiles.

From the ground below, the sky seemed to fill with explosions, with a number of Helpers even looking up to the lightshow going on above. While some happily applauded the extremely deadly performance going on in the skies over the battlefield, POMA herself was far less amused.

She was sailing through the air, occasionally spinning to fire an beam of karmic destruction through encroaching missiles as she made her way overhead. The combined powers of Holy and Demonic energy were suppopsed to counteract each other in most scenarios, but NOXCO knew better than to believe such limitations were set in stone. The Black and White standard was only for the simplest of Mortals to depend upon and be sorted accordingly, but the Company operated above such notions.

Poma fired concentrated beams of holy and Demonic energy through the oncoming missiles, the combination of the lights with the explosions creating a mosaic of lights that she'd probably have appreciated had it not been keeping her from her work. Luckily, the report came in that she'd been waiting on: the pits were ready. With that in mind, her need to busy herself near the broken and decimated war machine was no longer apparent. And so, she flew away from the Coelacanth, gesturing with her baton as she came to a stop.

The Axis Virus was a handy little thing for the Company, a sentient Bio-Mechanical virus that could work its magic on machines and organic material alike. It stuck itself to even the simplest of cells, and made repairing even the most life-threatening of debilitations child's play. Much could be requested by individual overseers for maintenance and repair of the ever expanding factories they ran to perform their duties, but POMA had to start from scratch. Collecting as much biomass from the battlefield and assembling them together into a malleable pit of Axis-Afflicted cells and materials, she could get creative.

She'd need beings capable of the mass-scale construction she'd need in order to get a proper factory running, not only that, but she needed creatures that were capable of clearing out land for her facilities as well. So as forms began to take shape among most of the pits, two in particular essentially erupted as massive, snake-like creatures grew out of them.

While nowhere near massive enough to take up portions of the Battlefield like the Coelacanth, they essentially had the diameter of cars and the length of trains. But unlike regular snakes, these ones had the numerous weapons and armors caught in their mixing, and thus were essentially covered in metal spikes. With faces that essentially amounted to giant mouths of metallic teeth, they'd be extremely useful in creating tunnels and laying the roots of proper factories. But they weren't alone, for while the Tunnelers both required a full pit of afflicted flesh to be formed, the other pits had several large figures emerging at once.

Through combining the mass of about twenty bodies a piece, Poma had created a perfect work force geared towards label intensive occupations: the Handymen! Twelve foot tall with metallic supports built into their legs to help them more effectively carry their massive frames and ape-like arms, these hard-working hard-hitters emerged from the pits in the dozens. Any leftover biomass left once the pits were depleted were merely assembled into naked versions of the regular helpers, which greeted their new coworkers with cheers and encouragement befitting the NOXCO workforce.

But they didn't have time to waste on meet and greets, POMA was a busy worker and so to would the employees under her supervision. With enough of a starting work force she was finally ready to leave this war-torn city and get started on making the Company proud. And so the Helpers, Handymen and Tunnelers dispersed at her command, with the large serpents burrowing their way underground and tunneling away from the city as the Helpers bee-lined away merrily. The Handymen followed with gaping strides, some even using their oversized forelimbs to launch themselves out of sight.

It was among this exodus that POMA flew up into the sky once more, emerging above the cloud layer and pinpointing a well distanced location to regroup at. She was already having Axi direct the NOXCO employees away from the city, they had work to get to after all. And with her message sent out to the Nortestrans and even the Mollugs below, POMA flew off to begin making her promises a reality.

ROOK
chess_soo_k03-5bb4de5da8e60__880.jpg
Interaction/Mention: Remembrance Remembrance Kaihaku Kaihaku
But some Summoned had no time to notice what was going near the battlefield, some took no heed of the crippled Coelacanth or the large numbers of NOXCO forces which just vacated the area all at once. Some were far too busy defending the honor of their one and only monarch, and punishing any who dared insult or belittle her guidance. Some were trying so hard to fulfill this task that they wound up tearing a trail of destruction all the way towards the gaping hole in the second wall of Castellan, all while trying to purify an annoyingly mobile knight who just wasn't getting the memo.

Such was Rook's lot in the Siege of Castellan so far, as Remus proved more mobile than Rook had initially give him credit for. However, despite his ability to evade the crushing punishment of Rook's blows whether it be from his massive fists or the literal tower that he kept swinging at him, Remus found quickly that he had a similar problem only in reverse. Whereas he managed to escape getting caught in Rook's onslaught, his own attacks didn't seem to slow down the Raging Crusader at all. So while the chaos within Castellan ramped up even more and more, they were still locked in less than mortal combat.

That was until one of Rook's attacks tore through another building and sent him stumbling back into the main road leading to the wall. While looking up to Remus and preparing to rise and attack again, Rook heard the yels of nearby soldiers. Glancing to the side, he found that their fight had led them right into the midst of more Mollug soldiers. And what's more, past them he could see through the massive hole in the wall towards teh castle. During his spat with the knight, Rook hadn't noticed that his Queen's stronghold was being attacked directly, and that the filthy Kingspawn were no doubt defacing it as they spoke. As the Mollugs panicked in the wake of both Remus and Rook, they charged both of them more out of fear of being targeted next than anything.

They were rather easy to crush, as Rook had gotten quite used to wiping out dozens of the primitive soldiers wit every swing of his mighty Aegis Tower. However, upon defeating them, he realized that he had lost sight of the heathen knight in the fray. He cursed under his breath, but began the process of turning towards the castle. It needed defending now more than ever, and he would be damned if he wasn't on the frontline turning any who got in the way of his crusade into mulch.

But it seemed that the fates demanded him to see to another matter first. He heard her before he saw her, a voice of determination and authority that acknowledged his service to the Queen. It led him to slow down as he spotted a robed woman approaching, citing an request from the Queen that she was seeing through. He kneeled closer to her, slowly turning to see the trail of magma that she was to be sent into. And whereas some would question why she needed to be turbo-dunked into a stream of molten soup, Rook wasn't such a weak indecisive creature as to doubt the will of the Queen.

"Hah! A simple simple matter to be resolved!" he tossed his Aegis Tower casually into a nearby building, which caved in under its weight "Come! We shall fulfill her bidding with the zeal of true vassals to her infinite kingdom!"

The woman practically strolled into his waiting palm, after all.

And as her true image was revealed to the world in all its regal attire and effervescent beauty, Rook nodded, "A form sought by the Queen herself..." he chuckled "what luck you must have for her to guide you to such a fate!"

Only after the woman was carefully held in one palm did he reach over and pick up his tower again. Then he began making his way over to the magma stream that had been slowly forming in the area around the falling warmachine. As much as Rook wanted to lunge into whatever was happening at the Palace, this was a direct order from the Queen. She wanted this woman's figure purged, and Rook would be damned before he ignored a request from true Royalty. So as he approached, he hefted his tower and launched it into the stream, cracking the ground around it and forming a deep pool of the molten substance around the tower.

But there was more than enough room for this fellow servant of the Queen, and as Rook approached his hands closed around her sides as he trudged into the magma. Whereas it proved ineffective at damaging him, his hands closed around the woman in his grasp as he reared back and plunged her into the pool without hesitation.

"BY HER WILL IT IS SOUGHT, BY MY HAND IT IS ATTAINED!!!" he bellowed jovially as he held her under the magma, itching to gaze upon the no doubt splendorous form she would take afterwards.

Sakujo Honomura
Gohan510 Gohan510 StaidFoal StaidFoal Juju Juju GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Kaihaku Kaihaku @ everyone in Castellan​

The battlefield echoed with the sounds of many thousands screaming and fighting. The forces of Brother Beast had just gone full traitor on the Mollug army. Armored barbarians, rogues and fighters of all sorts and types turned on their Mollug brethren, catching the invading Mollug army off guard completely. Caught between the rampaging Colecanth, the Nortestran defence and the turncoat soldiers of Brother Beast, the Mollug invasion force was being splintered yet a second time. Sakujo found himself near the front of the Nortestran defence now. Hitori, Erza and Reverend were also on the battlefield nearby, fighting off Mollug soldiers and the Behemoths. The only reason the Mollug offensive had not collapsed already was because of the abundance of servant warriors and war beasts they had.

Sakujo raised his sword over his head and pointed it off over the Mollug enemy force. A simple message of charge emblazoned in the pose. Sakujo found himself smiling as he stood on the pillar, pointing men onwards into the fray. They had pushed out past the recently destroyed wall and the Nortestran defence was holding magnificently. But now was the time for further action, and Sakujo and his men were entering into the fray, hundreds upon hundreds of the last of Castellan’s defence rushed into battle. Sakujo dropped down from the collapsed pillar and pushed several soldiers onwards before beginning to run once more. Sakujo entered the battle once again hacking through Mollug soldiers and warriors with relative ease and practice.

Reverend was never very far from the Summoned Samurai, following after in the Shogun warrior’s wake, cutting down enemy soldiers who avoided the summoned. Reverend was amazed at the skill and power of Sakujo and the other summoned. Truly they could change the shape of a battle with ease, perhaps even the shape of a war in Sakujo’s case. Lightning crackled overhead scorching a massive line in the road near Reverend. The Coelacanth was still working as a massive casualty machine, lightning and metal tentacles destroying soldiers everywhere. It seemed an order in the Mollug line had gone out for a slight retreat. The enemy was pushing back slightly, losing much of its earlier spirit now. Sakujo bared his teeth and howled with laughter as troops rushed past him into battle.

They were winning this battle! “Reverend! The Mollugs are turning on each other! Now is our chance! Let's push back these bastards!” Sakujo waved his blade onwards and a cheer went up among the Nortestran line, soldiers charging at the fleeing Mollugs all along the defence. The constructs, demons and servants of the Mollug line provided cover for the fleeing Mollugs, but it wasn't enough. Sakujo and the men around him and Reverend all were on the front of the battlefield now, fighting desperately against the Mollugs, trying to deal as much damage as possible before the enemy got out of range. Screams and shouting echoed around them as weapons clashed against one another. Reverend was dueling a shadow stone construct of some sort, the golem fighting to its last as the Mollugs around it retreated. Sakujo and his men found themselves fighting through a residential district as Mollug summoners and illusionists did everything within their power to delay the rout.

Enemies were cut down with little to no mercy and the battle was quickly becoming a slaughter as each element joined together. The Mollugs had given no quarter in their culling of Castellan and the countryside and now they were receiving none. Soldiers begged for mercy and forgiveness, caught between the turncoats and the vengeful Nortestrans. Thousands were dying every minute as the carnage enveloped the battlefield. The battle had taken a full 180 and now Castellan looked like it might be saved.

Sakujo had by now secured much of the 2nd ward with assistance from Hitori, Erza and Rverend. But the enemy coelacanth still raged overhead. And to add to this, an entire faction of strange undead mechanical beings had emerged from the dead zones. Hundreds of the robotic zombies trudged across the battlefield, battling with the Coelacanth as it writhed in the sky. The samurai warrior gaped in awe as a seemingly feminine form danced across the battlefield, well more of, above it. This was POMA, but Sakujo had no idea who it was, what he did know however, was that the feminine figure was an impressive sight. Sakujo shook his head to clear any thoughts of romance and then he returned to focusing on the task at hand.

Sakujo assisted in destroying the golem that fought with Reverend, stabbing it through the back while Reverend lopped off its head. They turned their attention back to the Mollugs then, noting that the turncoats were saving some of the Mollug soldiers from the Nortestran revenge, corralling recently taken prisoners in buildings guarded by the turncoats. It seemed the turncoats were in communication with the Nortestran officers, so the process of going traitor on the Mollugs was running quite smoothly. Sakujo figured the protection of the prisoners might later prove to be a mistake for the turncoats, but he assumed that whoever they had taken prisoner was probably fairly important.

The golem toppled over headless in front of the two warriors and Sakujo noted that the retreat was receiving defence now, from strange bat-like beasts that roamed the streets and killed everything they came across. Growls rumbled from their throats with pleasure as they descended upon the Nortestran charge. The clash began anew with ferocity as the Nortestrans took their revenge through action. The ferocity of their hope and desire for victory pushed the Castellan soldiers to new heights of bravery and martial prowess. Hundreds upon hundreds died, but the Nortestrans would not break, inspired heavily by the actions of the Summoned and their generals. And then suddenly, on the battlefield near the collapsed 2nd wall, Rook became apparent near a patch of lava. The massive figure had been impossible to ignore on the battlefield, destroying most everything he came into contact with. The Nortestrans had decided to simply put damage control on Rook rather than try to stop the crusader at that time.

Back to what was significant about Rook however, was the figure he carried with him. Reverend was the first to notice, fear spreading across his features as he recognized the silver hair and visage of the Nortestran princess. Reverend shouted suddenly to the Nortestrans around him, warning of the danger to the princess. The Nortestran offence was caught off guard by this sudden turn of events and many men began to panic at the situation. Simple inspiration, even from a great leader like a Honomura, was not enough when faced with overwhelming despair. The Mollug retreat began to organize and more and more men began to escape the killzone of the turncoats and Castellan defenders. The bloodbeasts continued to defend the retreat and the writhing mecha in the sky continued to lance tesla bolt after bolt into both sides. And now, the princess, the Queen in fact, the last member of Nortestran royalty, was on the battlefield in the hands of one of the most devastating warriors Castellan had ever seen. As Rook approached the magma, a collective groan went up amongst the men and Sakujo looked around himself, a VERY worried expression on his face.

The men of Nortestra screamed and cried and begged, but Rook went further towards the lava, every step a funeral dirge for Athena. Sakujo’s eyes widened and one last cry went up among the Nortestran warriors before Rook shoved Athena wholly into the lava. There was no doubt among the defenders of Castellan what had happened. Athena, the last left to the throne of Nortestra, was dead.

The battle continued to rage despite this event, many soldiers still too caught up in their bloodlust to notice the small tragedy of her death. The rain continued to pour down, the air still crackled with energy, men still died on both sides. Sakujo knew that this moment was a crucial point for the Nortestrans, their leader having just died, they needed a surrogate, at least for now. And so the Samurai took a flag from a Nortestran standard bearer, and with a short climb to the top of a pile of rubble, was visible to everyone. Sakujo waved the flag and using a quick Bushido magic spell, enhanced his voice’s volume so he could be heard even over the raging Coelacanth.

“Defenders of Castellan, men and women of the Nortestran Line, hear me now! Falter not, great warriors, for this is not the end! Athena may have fallen, your walls may have crumbled but you have survived thus far! What is one more tragedy to those who have endured a thousand slights!? Now is not the time for mourning, now is the time for vengeance! Come! Follow me, follow me, oh Nortestran Defenders! I, Sakujo Honomura, shall bring you victory!”

Last edited:
"Princess Athena Narang"
(Mother Voorjaar)

Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Rook Neighborhood → Magma Pool → ???
Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Rook)
Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Athena)​
elements--fire-cassiopeia-art.jpg
It had seemed like a foolproof plan. Despite appearances, she weighed a great deal more than the princess so she would sink quickly in the magma and then shrink as small as possible to leave behind the royal jewels. Anyone who dug for her after the battle - she was betting on looters rather than loyalists - would recognize the jewels, resting in patches of melted gold, as royal heirlooms and dismiss the lack of a body as it having been burnt to cinders. She would sink down to the bottom of the magma pool, enduring the extreme heat for a few seconds, before unleashing her cold to form a protective shell of rock around her. Then, once things settled, she would dig her way out and quietly slip back into the city in some unassuming form.

It had seemed like a foolproof plan...but now the automaton was holding her beneath the magma! Her scales resisted heat but were by no means immune to it. The burning temperatures seared through her resistances and began to eat away at her inner cold. The worst hurt came from the wounds dealt by the cultist's axe. Through the holes blown in her scaly hide the heat poured in and began to bake her insides. It was the most excruciating physical pain that she'd felt in centuries.

Still...she'd been through worse. The polymorphed dragon releases a wave of cold that solidifies the molten rock around her and then shrinks down to a dragon the size of a housecat. This leaves Rook holding a shell of solid rock in the shape of the princess, complete with royal jewels and melted gold. of course the vacuum just pulls in more magma filling the shell with molten rock. The tiny dragon breaks through the bottom of the rocky shell back into the molten magma and then slips pass the construct's fingers. The tremendous heat burns her badly before she freezes the magma around her into a rocky shell and sinks to the bottom of the pool.

When she strikes the solid rock beneath the magma, she immediately unleashes a wave of cold to solidify the molten rock around her and then shapeshifts into a form better suited for burrowing away. When she finally reaches a stonewall beneath the ground and bursts through into an abandoned basement, she collapses in a heap and nearly falls asleep on the spot. No. If she slept now she might sleep for a year or two of the little one's time. Stiffly, she forced herself back to her feet and leaned against a wall to catch her breath. It took some effort to force herself back into a human form but...if she was going to hunt down a few barrels of healing potion... Easier to do that as a human. Then she realizes that the basement isn't entirely abandoned as two zombies shuffle in the darkness towards her. The dragon's eyes narrow. The liches' exploding zombies.

Last edited:
Caedmon
Network: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Tobias) @Lazaro1505 (Professor) Juju Juju (Gloop, Kotori) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan) @Judge_Vulxray (Midyiel) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Tobias)
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan)
Caedmon was beginning to understand why parents seemed so exhausted all the time. He hoped that new Ivan would hurry and take his friend somewhere safe. Then the ESPer could begin a thorough investigation though, at this rate, he'd need to get patched up first.

"You saw his physical actions. You don't know if he was under someone else's mental influence. That's why we need to conduct a thorough investigation. You'd just destroy all of the evidence of the real perpetrator! It's also illegal to just murder someone because you fee..." Caedmon starts to explain to the baby but stops midsentence as the baby makes another attempt to murder him. This time it's a crude attempt to snatch him from the air. Fortunately, his danger sense alerts him to the risk and he manages to pivot out of her reach using personal telekinesis. The ESPer sighed. This 'shield' strategy was only going to result in great bodily harm or death for him. It was time for a change in tactics.

Run away.
Caedmon.JPG
"You are a very bad baby." Caedmon declares irately as he soars away from the mecha in the exact opposite direction as new Ivan and the poor sick old man. He didn't like running from a baby but she'd have to make a difficult decision; chase him or chase new Ivan. Either way he'd still be able to transposition. He had initially been excited at the prospect of playing 'keep away' with the baby but now his mood had soured and he just wanted to get this task completed. He wished he had just stayed with Gloop.

Caedmon notes the towering construct rush out into the midst of the battlefield and thrust some girl into a pool of lava, but he isn't in a position to do much about it. His scowl deepens as he hears several soldiers shout about the princess. "Ivan, is that the one your friend identified as the traitor?" Could someone else be behind this and was hiding their identity by killing off the princess? Or was there something even more heinous going on? Caedmon regretted that he hadn't had time to investigate. It was all that baby's fault.

Last edited:
Young Woman with Platinum Hair
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Second Ward Neighborhood → Southern Third Ward Ruins (Far from Frontlines)
Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Nathan) Pai Chan Pai Chan (Aurora)
Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Felicia) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Sakujo)
She led the two from the Xact Empire through the secret tunnel to the point where it exited in a basement in the southern third ward ruins. They slip quietly up the stairs and find a small group of Nortestran soldiers standing there staring towards the front lines. One of the soldiers, wearing an officer's emblem, is watching with a spyglass and murmuring something to others. The soldiers all wear the insignia of Sulric's command. The young woman felt a flare of indignation. They were stationed here to guard the tunnel's exit. They should be in hiding out of sight. Not standing here in the open giving away the position of the secret tunnel. Sulric would have to answer for this...this breach...

Her thoughts trail off as she sees what the soldiers are staring at. One of the new summoned, a colossal war machine, is trudging across the battlefield towards the downed Coelacanth. The earth around the core piece of her plan, now flailing impotently, is molten and glows a hungry red. Clutched in the colossal war machine's hand, like some kind of doll, is a woman. Her features are difficult to make out at this distance except...for that long platinum hair...billowing in the wind...

The young woman stared with widened eyes at the dramatic scene that would be recorded in history as Princess Athena Narang's demise.

"BY HER WILL IT IS SOUGHT, BY MY HAND IT IS ATTAINED!!!" The colossal war machine shouts over the din of the battlefield, hoisting a battlement like it were a chair and plunging it into the magma. It then thrusts the doll...the woman in it's hand into the molten earth. The crushing blow to the defender's morale is palpable...

No. I'm too...important...to...Nortestra... The young woman opens her mouth to speak but says nothing. Felicia had done this. Felicia had never intended to find a corpse. Felicia had tricked her into leaving the jewels... She could...never make an...uncontested claim to the throne...again.... There would always be doubt. Always. Because of Felicia. Her teeth clenched at she stared with dry eyes at the war machine's arm still buried in the magma. How... How had Felicia... How had....

Then, echoing across the battlefield by some kind of magic, a new voice boldly declared, "Come! Follow me, follow me, oh Nortestran Defenders! I, Sakujo Honomura, shall bring you victory!"

Who? Another opportunist?! No. No! It was not Felicia who brought victory. It was not Sakujo who brought victory. It was... "Me. I did it.", the young woman protests in a whisper. This...this was her...Kingdom to save... She had...had...

Control. She needed to take control.

"You there. Stop standing out in the open and prepare a message to Sulric." She suddenly demands of one of the soldiers, her commanding tone hindered by her broken words.

The soldier starts at the sudden words, glancing back over his shoulder with a frown. He's a young man, probably in his early twenties, with dark brown hair. His eyes are lined with dark circles, like most of Nortestra's defenders, but there's still some life in them, "Excuse me, miss? Are you...lost or something?"
AthenaCloak.png
"I am Athena Narang. Your liege and heir to the throne." The young woman declares boldly, giving the man a withering glance despite the catch in her throat, "You will treat me with the decorum I deserve."

"Merde!" One of the other soldiers exclaims, gripping his halbard as he turns around, his face contoured with emotion. He is a middle aged man with a handsome chestnut brown beard. His eyes are sunken, exhausted after months of battle, but there are fresh tears in them. "How dare you! She ain't been dead more than a minute!"

"Miss. That isn't funny." The first soldier says in polite but reproachful manner. He then turns to look at the other soldier, "Stop Matheus. You don't know what this poor girl's been through. She probably lost her..." He puts a gauntleted hand on the other soldier's shoulder, "It's okay. It's just words. Let her...be a little crazy... We all... It's been a day."

"I've seen the princess many a time. She had a good two inches on you and more than a few leagues beyond you in looks." The second soldier snaps at the young woman, but then he turns back to look at the battlefield with the others. His gauntlet still grips the halberd tightly as he tries to suppress his tears.

The young woman stares in shock at the soldier's exchange... They had been her soldiers until just a moment ago. This disguise wasn't that convincing. Was it? No, something had shifted. Her fingertips dug deeply into the flesh of her palms.

"That Sakujo... That's a man I could follow." The officer holding the spyglass says at last. There's a decisiveness to his words and he slides the spyglass closed as if to punctuate them. "He leads from the front. He can hold his own in a fight." Several of the soldiers glance in the direction of the smoking ruin of the palace. "My grandfather always told me...that after the blessing of the ancestors it was power that was most important in a leader... The power to bring victory over the Mollug..." He spits out that last word. "That kind of power. That's something we need now."

The small group of soldiers turn to follow their officer's gaze to where Sakujo is leading a charge against the enemy forces.

The young woman turns to follow their gaze and shrinks visibly at the sight of the battlefield. The forces of Nortestra seem to have...recovered from the death of the royal line... If anything, the defenders are fighting at an even more feverous pitch than they had been a moment before. Had...had she...meant so little to...them... Was this Sakujo really...

She didn't need these...pathetic excuses for soldiers... She forces herself to stand tall and turns to face the two from the Xact Empire who had accompanied her this far.

"Nathaniel Klaus. Your tireless service does the Xact Empire credit. Send word to the Xact Emperor extending to him my eternal gratitude and request that he deploy troops to quell civil strife in Nortestra." Athena says thinly, in a tone that isn’t as gracious as the words she speaks. “I foresee a long future of mutual benefit between our two nations."

"You will also send the following edicts to my loyal lieutenants.”

"To Brother Beast and Sulric. I want every last Mollug soldier dead. I don't care if they're wounded, captured, surrendered... Mount their bodies on pikes from here to the border territories.
"
She dictates to the commander from Xact, oblivious to what is going on around her as she struggles to keep her tone even. "I want to be clear here… The summoned are not responsible for Nortestra’s victory today. Blame them for the carnage and praise Nortestra - praise me - for emerging victorious in spite of all interlopers. SIN. Aldreg. Felicia. I overcame them all.” She sneers, "Have this Sakujo arrested. Have all of them arrested."

"To Ian. I need every one of Aldreg's subordinates, family, friends, servants...thoroughly interrogated and then publicly executed as accomplices to the assassination of my father. Rip that laboratory of his apart and expose every last one of his secrets."
She continues to dictate, her tone growing increasingly pitched as she goes on. "I have with me a summoned from Xact who should be useful in rooting out whatever was hidden in that laboratory."

Behind the young woman, the small gathering of soldiers are doing something worse than react to her bitter words, they are simply ignoring them as a hysterical rant. Most of them don't even spare her a glance as they discuss if they should continue to guard the tunnel exit as Sulric instructed or join Sakujo on the battlefield. The first soldier does, occasionally, spare her pitying look. The kind of look one would give a person driven mad with grief.

Last edited:
chess_soo_k03-5bb4de5da8e60__880.jpgROOK
Interaction/Mention: Kaihaku Kaihaku Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture @anyoneelseatthefrontlines​

If Rook had a mouth, it would've undoubtedly been spread wide into a grin as he held the woman under the magma. But that wasn't to say his attention was completely on her, as the sounds of battle renewing around him was ore than enough to lead him to look up. The battlefield which had primarily been emptied save for the Coelacanth, was now revitalized by the presence of fleeing Mollugs. The sight led Rook to chuckle, as it was apparent the loyal servants of the Queen had been victorious here once again. For some reason, they were looking upon him specifically with mixtures of despair and horror. Rook didn't get it, and wasn't really convinced he needed to care. What mattered now was getting this whole ascending form thing done and getting back into the fight. The sight of fleeing Kingspawn was making his fingers tremble with righteous indignation. They'd get theirs, just as soon as he wrapped things up here.

Despite the fact that they were winning, many of the Queen's servants were still looking to him with those sad expressions, almost as if they were too distracted to continue the High Lady's purge. Thankfully, a mortal man with a banner rallied them with a declaration to stand firm, which seemed to whip the majority of them into a vengeful frenzy. Rook was relieved, but was still confused as to why they needed rallying at all. He heard cries of some Princess, but why would a mere princess bring such sadness? The Queen was the only consistency that mortals needed to recognize, all else was secondary. He grumbled a bit at their short-sightedness, but found his annoyance at the battle drawing away from him more irritating.

He'd been told to leave her submerged, but Rook was determined to catch a glimpse of her ascendant form. Magma wasn't kind to mortals, she'd been in there far too long for her weak mortal bits to remain. Surely she had finished her ascent, and with that in mind he raised his fist to look upon the very thing the Queen had asked him to help forge.

Which for some reason looked more like a molten outline of the woman, unmoving and hardened. Rook tilted his head at first, before realizing that whatever form the Loyalist had taken was undoubtedly beyond the physical perception of most. Looks like he wouldn't be looking upon whatever she became, oh well. For some reason the sight of the molten remains spread another surge of despair among the mortals, but this time he wasn't even willing to deliberate it any longer. The task was done, a return to decimation was needed.

"AS THE MORTAL STATED," He bellowed out as he casually let the molten remains crumple in his grasp "THE QUEEN'S FURY SEEKS A VESSEL OF DELIVERANCE!"

As the rocks and magma leaked between his fingers, for some reason a trail of yellow shiny stuff remained along with some shiny rocks. Rook just shook these from his hand as he reached over and yanked his Aegis tower from the ground.

"FLEEING HEATHENS ARE MERELY BEGGING FOR THE PURITY OF HER RETRIBUTION!" He laughed as he slowly turned towards the fleeing Mollug forces "RENOUNCE SECULAR REASONING, BECOME THE DIVINE CALAMITY SHE REQUIRES!!!"

The Nortestrans became irrelevant for Rook as he charged once he'd finished turning, bellowing laughter as he crashed into the retreating forces like a freight-train running on nothing less than cosmic hatred.

=Unknown visits! Speaking of alliance?=
Involved: ??? & Aldreg
Located Nortestra
0515e68a8ac22148e26971adac9e71d8.png

“Oh my how far Castellan had plummeted since the years I’ve known it for its prideful defenses. Every kingdom meets its days. For two sides to clash killing their own in the process for personal gain. I wonder how that works realistically. Perhaps this personal gain isn’t for greed yet advancement? Mollug is known for being a tyrant country hardly holding itself together, yet is on the edge of defeating a more refined country. I myself am born from Mollug Soil.”

Walking through the empty blocks of the war filled Castellan. The masked man approached the kingdom. The steps that led up to the palace had bodies all over it, a man who wore strange clothing walked down the steps calmly, maybe he was the cause of this destruction?

“And you may be?”

Aldreg looked towards the masked man who wore all black. Maybe this man was some sorts on the Mollug side? Aldreg continued walking and passed the masked man ignoring him.

“Considering the hair you must be the famous scientist, Aldreg?”

Aldreg stopped for a brief moment before turning to the masked man. Aldreg’s face had confusion spelled all over it. Aldreg never let his name leave Castellan. Maybe he failed to do so thanks to many improvements he’s gifted Castellan with.

“What business do you have with me?”

“None at all just giving your home a small visit.” He placed his hand on his black fedora to stop it from flying off in the wind, his coat swayed with the wind.

“This is no longer my home, yet a barren wasteland. Filled with bodies and flames, only so long till it completely crumbles. The floor down the block filled with magma. The sky is filled with darkened clouds you can’t even tell the time of day. My fellow brotherin fell to the hands of these summoned.”

“By any chance were you the cause of this mass destruction on the palace? You’re the only man standing besides the bodies lifeless.

“What is it to you?”

“Personal interest. I’d like to present an alliance. That orb in your hand I assume is the device that breaks the boundaries of one's personal power?”

“Ian is the one you wish to speak to mine obtains greater purposes. I’m on a tight schedule and don’t have time to play with small fry like you.” Aldreg turned and took one step down.

“Azul.”

Aldreg’s eyes opened wide as he froze up from hearing the name. Slowly turning towards the masked man, Aldreg had anger in his eyes. “How do you know of that name?”

“If we make an alliance then maybe I can exchange such information. Very funny you look as if you saw a ghost when I mentioned the name, you must know of that name through personal confrontation.”

“You’ve gained my interest, speak your name.”

“My name? My name is… Remember it well. Care to talk?”

“Go ahead.”

“I plan on overtaking these pitiful excuses of countries and over expand my military forces towards complete world domination. I’m sure your goals will align with that factor. What do you think?” The masked figure presented a card to Aldreg, handing it over to the man. Aldreg took the card noticing it had a bat in a dark cave image on it. The two gave one another a stare directly in the eyes and gave a moment of silence.

Aldreg stuffed the card into his coat before walking back down the steps. “I’ll ponder on the thought of a possible alliance. You revealed me your name and exposed your hand. I assume I can contact you with this card.”

“Burn it and we’ll have 10 minutes to conversate. I should be heading out now myself before things get a bit tricky for me and I get spotted. Hope to hear from you soon, I have high hopes you’ll make the smart decision.” The masked man fixed his fedora before fading in the wind. Aldreg gave one more glance to see if the man disappeared which he did. Aldreg continued pushing onward towards Kotori’s location pinpointing her mana source.

Hitori, Aldreg, Kotori, Wakinyan & Csilla Gohan510 Gohan510 seasonedcat seasonedcat

The dark behemoth towered over the regular behemoth in size. A roar came from the dark behemoth as it rushed its way towards Hitori, dragging through the ground. Hitori jumped out of the way, completely avoiding the Dark Behemoth's claws. The debris from the floor flung all over, Hitori knocking the ones that came towards him. The behemoth from before started powering up a beam attack that it used before. Hitori landed on another ruined building looking at the two monstrosities that he had to fight against. This world sure has been surprising to him so far, but somewhere in the back of his head made him wonder while all this fighting was going on why hasn’t any generals or any sign of defense for Nortestra? Sakujo had mentioned he was a substitute commander for the meantime.

Hitori jumped out of the way again, dodging the claws from the dark behemoth. “Tch that was a close one.” Turning his head towards the beam that was fired at him he barely flashed stepped out of the way, one of his sleeves were burnt off from the blast and his left arm had cuts all over them, thankfully he was healed early by the mages and all of his wounds were healed. Hitori had to figure out what happened to his body earlier. Why did it stop him from moving out of nowhere? He’s experienced it before, but it wasn’t a frequent occurrence. No matter, he had to focus on the fight that was in front of him. He blocked the incoming attack from the dark behemoth’s palm slapping him down into the street.

Crashing down into the street, Hitori was still on his two feet. Crouching down, his feet blew off flames launching him straight towards the dark behemoth. His fist now encased in golden flames going for a jab into the demonic creature’s face. Connecting the hit knocked the dark behemoth over and watched it crash down into the ground sideways. The behemoth from before charged onwards towards Hitori. Glaring at the beast and its massive size, he noticed the giant gem on the top of its head and that the rest of the monster's body seemed nearly impenetrable.

Using the flames from his feet again he launched himself upwards high over the head of the behemoth. The behemoth raised its head attempting to clamp its jaws down on the boy but missed. Hitori flew high up in the air, cocking his fist back as the golden flames that covered them grew in size rapidly.

“Golden Flame Magic!! Secret arts Blazing Phoenix!!” Swinging his arms across each other before holding his hands out towards the jewel on its head, releasing a golden Phoenix that crashed into the behemoth's head. Successfully cracking the jewel and piercing through its head, leaving an after effect consuming the entire head in a pillar of golden flames. The giant demon fell over as its body broke into rubble and turned to black particles that floated up.

Landing back on the ground he turned towards the dark behemoth. It was gone. A hole was left behind in its place, did it burrow underground?! The floor beneath Hitori started to shake and crack.

“Crap!” Hitori leaped towards a large pillar, the ground he was standing on pushed upwards releasing boulders in the air. The giant rocks crashed down all around Hitori. The demon emerged from the ground turning as its claws shined a purple aura and it swung its left claw at Hitori. Hitori countered punching back at the claw with his fist inflamed. “GRRRAAAAAHHHH!!!” Knocking the beasts hand back, in Hitori’s other hand he released the flames that surrounded his hand into a fireball, it hovered in the palm of his hand. Launching it towards the demon it grew in size before impacting it.

Due to the effect of his golden flames they added extra damage to the demon. Though it wasn’t enough to take it out, the dark behemoth hardly looked affected by the attack, but not entirely shrugging the damage it received easily off.

“I figured you were a lot stronger than that turtle. You look a lot more scary too.” In response Hitori received a mighty roar that made him hold his ears from the loud shout. “Damn man can you whisper?!”

As Hitori said this, the air between him and the demonic creature crackled with energy. There was a very brief pause, and the faintest smell of rain, before an explosion of light crashed down on the demon. Heavenfire. As the loud bang happened and the flash of light hit Hitori’s face, he covered it with his arm. Hitori swiped his arm once it faded. The wind calmed down and he dropped it, Hitori’s eyes opened wide with the biggest smile. “Hahahaha! Hell yeah!!”

In a flurry of feathers and lightning, Wakinyan landed upon the ground, wings looming behind him. Wasting no time, he charged ahead, lowering his head to ram his horn into the demon. Kotori and Csilla jumped down before impact, fanning out on either side of the beast.

“Csilla, now!” Kotori shouted, pulling back her bowstring. The moonchild mirrored the action, summoning her own silver bow, launching a magical arrow in time with Kotori.

While Csilla drew forth her great axe and charged forward to aid Wakinyan, Kotori stayed back. She stumbled, holding her head, but slowly recovered enough to stand. She looked over her shoulder, then turned to Hitori. For a moment she was completely silent, almost forgetting the battle “You are really here…” she finally muttered, the brave face she tried to maintain now broken by a bitter relief.

Hitori watched in as the two girls attacked. He was excited when he saw Kotori, just watching as she swiftly landed from off Wakinyan’s back. Kotori!! Watching the girl that arrived with Kotori summon an axe she looked like the night sky with multiple stars. Hitori heard Kotori speak up to him. Hitori scratched the back of his head smiling. “So you’re alright...” Hitori walked up to Kotori and gave her a big hug squeezing her tight. “Are you okay...?” Hitori said with a serious tone.

Even though they were in the middle of a warzone, it felt like time had stopped completely as he held onto Kotori tight. Nothing felt better then finally reuniting with his first friend in this new world.

Kotori did not expect the hug and froze in surprise as Hitori pulled her in. After a moment's hesitation, she lightly put her hands around him and returned the hug. "This week has been... difficult... the war has taken its toll. I am just thankful you are alright. Aldreg said you still lived, yet I did not want to believe it. Yet here you are..." Her voice cracked as she said this, a knot of tightness growing in her throat. She should be relieved, yet the only thing she could feel was a pit of dread. Her chest ached with it as even now, her thoughts returned to him.

Hitori lifted his head from off her shoulder grabbing the back of her head, pulling her in as he connected their foreheads. “Susan told me some of it. I’m sorry I wasn’t by your side during all of it…” Hitori paused for a moment, once she mentioned a certain name. His eyes shot wide open, Aldreg was one of the names Kenji mentioned earlier. “Aldreg?! You need to stay away from that man by any means! He’s a dangerous man. I heard stories about him.” Hitori dusted the dirt off of her shoulder, cleaning her face up a little bit. “Show that pretty smile of yours you don’t have to frown anymore. I’m here now.”

"Ah... I had hoped there was something beneath Wakinyan's judgement. I suppose I was wrong." Kotori said bitterly. She stared at the charred ground until Hitori pressed his head against hers, catching her completely off-guard.

Kotori's brow creased, her expression one of pain as she closed her eyes, refusing to meet Hitori's gaze. Why did he insist on being so close to her when he hardly even knew her or what she was? She thought of Csilla, who time and time again called her a dear friend. Kotori took a ragged breath, wishing they would all forget about her. How ironic it was that after missing them in isolation she only hoped for them to leave her. It would make the end so much easier. Perhaps she should tell them.

She took a step back when he touched her face, gently removing his hand. "Hitori... you shouldn't..."

“Nono I wasn’t trying to kiss you or a..anything! I just don’t know!”

A roar from Wakinyan broke through the conversation. The demon's claws crashed down, catching nothing but cobblestone as the sky god twisted away with a single sweep of his starry wings. While it was distracted, Csilla struck her axe against the side of its head.

Kotori clutched her bow, turning to face the battle once more. "W-we must help them!"

Hitori didn't want to witness Kotori sad. He already failed to protect people he cared about before, but in this new life Hitori will fight harder and strive to be the strongest to make sure Kotori never has to frown again. Hitori took a step back to give the two distance. “Sorry I can just… Feel your hurting.. Your face tells it all too well. We’ll have a talk once this mess is all over. I got some things to tell you too.”

Hitori turned his attention to Wakinyan hearing its roar echo through the area. He smiled again before catching his fist. “Yeah! Let’s go Kotori!” Hitori ran ahead towards the demon as fire covered his right hand and he launched three fireballs at the demon that all detonated. The demon fell backwards before rebalancing itself to try and claw Hitori, it missed as he flashed stepped outta the way. The dark behemoth swung its arm to slam Hitori under its hand. Hitori flipped out of the way. Throwing another golden flame ball, making the demon cry in pain.

“Hurry everyone lets all attack it at once!!!” Hitori cuffed his hands over each other pulling his arms back as a blue ball of mana formed in the middle of his hands. “Before our chance goes away!”

"I am with you." Kotori said, manifesting an arrow of pale energy. The bowstring burned against her fingers as she pulled it back, seeping into her bones, but she kept it steady. She grit her teeth, waiting for Csilla to prepare. Wakinyan was already swirling with energy, prepared to add his strength to the attack.

The starskinned woman dodged a strike from the demon and glanced back at her friends, "I am ready when you are, my friends!" she called, a burst of flame erupting from her axe. She held it back, preparing to time her strike with the others.

“Now!!!” Hitori pushed his arms forward as the massive blue beam rushed side by side with the two girls' attacks. They all hit the demon head on as a massive explosion echoed the area. A ball of mixed energies faded. Under Wakinyan a massive magic circle shined bright and released blue chains that pulled him to the ground, locking him in place. The beast struggled and thrashed against his bonds, yet he only succeeded in digging the chains into his own hide. A crash of thunder sounded overhead, his eyes blazing with wrath.

“You must not know the true evil of this war. You’re all fighting on the wrong side, assuming the one in defense are the “good guys” with hardly any information of this country’s history. I have no interest in neither side as my stance is neutral between them.” A voice very familiar to Kotori could be heard, but no sight of the man who spoke. On Top of a broken pillar near the group it would be shown to be Aldreg. His coat swaying in the wind. “You must be Csilla and Hitori.” Aldreg jumped down from the pillar. The dark behemoth emerged from the dust cloud rushing to chomp on Csilla for piercing its face earlier as a small purple beam pierced the gem in its chest and the demon fell over dead. The stray beam came from Aldreg’s index finger.

Hitori looked in shock as the demon they all worked so hard to kill was beaten so easily by one man. Who was this guy and what was his reason for saving them to only seal Wakinyan down? Hitori turned to the man in a strange white outfit. “Are you the one doing this to Wakinyan?!” Hitori’s fists engulfed in golden flames and he readied himself to go in.

“His “judgement” is quite a hassle to deal with. I rather take it completely out of the equation. You’re low on mana from the constant battles Hitori. Choose your next move wisely.”

“Wakinyan!” Kotori cried. She stumbled towards him, her limbs exhausted after having used up everything she had left to strike down the demon. Even then, it hadn’t been enough. Kotori slowed down, holding her side. Just walking was making her head spin. She fell to her knees, breathing heavily from the exertion. She slowly looked up at Aldreg, seeing the dark shadow against his mana. It was not the same aura she remembered. She did not need Wakinyan to know something had changed...something terrible. “Aldreg… your mana. What have you done?”

Aldreg looked over to Kotori limping towards the beast. He smirked once she asked him what he had done, it was clear to Aldreg that Kotori had honed her mana sensing ability. He couldn’t respond to her before Hitori rushed over to Aldreg going for a fire punch, but Aldreg grabbed his hand casually as the ground around them erupted in golden flames. “I simply went ahead with my plan for retribution.”

“Shut THE HELL UP ALDREG!!!!! GRRAAAAAAAHHH!!!!” Hitori used more power and mana pushing forward as he forced Aldreg’s hand back and blew Aldreg back. Stopping himself from sliding back, Aldreg dodged Hitori’s kick.

“What exactly does all this resentment come from? I’ve never met you Hitori last I recalled.” Aldreg said maneuvering around Hitori’s attacks.

“KINJI TOLD ME YOU KILLED ALL THOSE INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!! STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM KOTORI!!!!” Hitori clenched his fist pulling it back as the golden flame grew massive and went for the last punch, Aldreg held his hand up using sheer force to blow Hitori back.

“So he’s alive? Where is Kinji exactly? Well actually that doesn’t matter. I came here to give my regards to Kotori, I will admit young bow user, I grew attached to you. I trained you, helped you read, told you things I wouldn’t tell many. Though our friendship ends today, we are now on the opposite sides of the sword. I have no interest in killing you three right now as I’m on a tight schedule. If you three make it out of this war alive then let me help you a bit. Head to Czarsnikei and look for a man named Ryu Haminari. He’s an old man, most noticeable feature is that he laughs a lot. His whereabouts are unknown, but that’ll lead you to answers that might help you lot. Remember this last advice Kotori. Gain every bit of information that is offe-“

“I SAID SHUT THE HELL UP!!!” Going for the attack launching towards Aldreg. A building in front of Aldreg blew up as a massive shadow demon punched Hitori in the gut sending him flying. The demon looked at Aldreg bowing his head and allowing his master to leave the area. The demon had two horns that stretched upwards and over the back of its head. The tail had a snake head at the end, its body was colored black with a blue outlining. The demon let out a roar. Soon after shadow demons surrounded Kotori, Hitori, Csilla and Wakinyan. Hitori was knocked back down to base form as he struggled back up to his feet kneeling on one knee with his hand on it as support.

“Dammit!!” Hitori punched the ground making it crack a bit. “I let that bastard get away!!” Hitori shouted out, remembering what Kinji had told him about Aldreg. The demons swarmed all of them going for an all out attack. The big demon went to slam Hitori with its fist together. Hitori couldn’t get out of the way in time as moments were coming close. “Shit!!” Hitori struggled to get up, but was able to roll out of the way fast enough to dodge the attack. Aldreg wasn’t wrong, the constant battles tired Hitori more than ever now. “Who am I to give up? I’m not ever going to!!!!!!” Hitori shouted out as his hair spiked upward again turning yellow, the yellow flame aura surrounded him, and his eyes turned green as well. The force of the transformation knocked some of the demons back, Hitori was breathing heavily, jumping back to protect Kotori and Wakinyan.

“We’ll just have’ta punch our way through this!”

"Stand strong, my friends!" Csilla said, swirling her weapon until the axe became an ornate spear.

As soon as the golden light faded, the demons fell upon them. Like a tide they swarmed Hitori and Wakinyan, taking advantage of the chains that bound him to the cursed earth. He let out a roar of rage, unleashing a wave of electricity, but as one demon fell, two took their place. Soon claws and fangs of night bore into the god's snowy hide. Pale blood seeped into the air like lost embers, shimmering as they faded forever. His new wings were pinned and trampled, the stars retreating away.

Kotori never took her eyes off the beast. His cries of pain made her forget her own for a moment as she forced herself to an unsteady crouch. A demon leap for her, but was skewered through the back and flung aside. Csilla held her hand to Kotori, "My friend-" whatever she meant to say was cut off when another demon tackled her. Another joined until Kotori couldn't see the starchild beneath the struggle of demons.

Kotori felt the ground before she felt the claws. Her head spun, ears ringing in the eerie quiet. Something was tugging against her shoulder, trying to get at the neck beneath her fur collar. She could hear a faint crack as something dug into her side, just beneath the roar of flames. Her bow... where was it? She tried to reach out her hand but something was pinning her down. The weakness sent a searing dagger of anger through her mind, the sort that only came from a helpless defiance towards a familiar end. Was this destiny or inhibition?

She could smell the copper in the dirt under her, feel the hardness of stone beneath. Deep within it howled, never moving but always restless. Something in her howled with it. All this time trusting in fate's guidance only to end up here once again. If this was fate, it was a cruel one. The anger welled up, cracking like stone. It took her world. It took Hakan. Now it took Castellan and these precious few souls. Would it ever stop taking? Kotori's hand clenched against the earth, fingers curling around a hilt.

"You will take nothing more!" she howled, the earth rising up in ebony spikes around her, impaling the demons who once pinned her. As she rose to her feet, a greatsword dragged behind her, its heavy blade notched and curved like a claw. Her eyes streamed red as they turned to the hulking demon. Without hesitation, she leapt into the air, lifting the enormous sword to the skies before swinging it down in a brutal arc against the demon's skull, cleaving it in half. The force sent the demon crashing down, causing the ground to tremble and split open into a wave of jagged points. Almost all of the demons surrounding the lead demon were either crushed or impaled.

Kotori stood panting in the center of the crater, the bloody sword still embedded in the demon's skull. Tendrils of black mist rose up from her skin and wounds, soon mirrored by the gouges in the earth.

Wakinyan had stopped struggling, or moving at all. He stared at Kotori, and the bleeding aftermath she had created. It was not shock in his expression, or muted fury. It was fear.

“Wha...what happened to Kotori?!” Hitori looked back as he blasted some demons off of him. The swarms were ever lasting, coming one after another. Hitori kicked and punched the lesser demons away trying to protect the others with everything he had. Witnessing Kotori gain a massive increase in power. Hitori widened his eyes in excitement yet felt the shift in her energy, something didn’t feel right.

Kicking another shadow demon away with a fire kick it faded as more swarmed in. Hitori pushed back as much as possible the major shadow demon looked like it was going to experience the worst death, Hitori had to figure something out, but that main one dying now was perfect. He watched it fade.

“Kotori!!!” Turning around to notice more of them coming in. A ball of golden flames formed in Hitori’s hand. Pushing his arm forward he blew away any demons in front of the group. His golden flames allowed Hitori to burn away them a lot easier. *Breathing Heavily*. “YEAH!!”

Kotori’s eyes went hazy, and with a shudder she fell. She seemed to be muttering something to herself, yet her eyes were closed, as if dreaming.

Hitori looked back at Kotori noticing the woman fall to her side Hitori ran to her barely catching her. He looked back at Csilla hearing the demons coming still. Once Aldreg left the area the chains lifted off of Wakinyan. “Kotori wake up!” Hitori shook a bit in his arms. Noticing the girl passing out made Hitori look in shock. A thin fog continued to drift from the girl as ever so slowly, a black insignia carved its way into the flesh of her forearm. Blood oozed from the wounds on her side and shoulder, starkly red against her pale armor.

Wakinyan pulled himself to his feet and quickly made his way over to the three, only stopping to send down a smite upon a host of approaching demons. He loomed over them, his ears pinned back and his tail lashing. He was on edge, but it wasn’t until he saw the mark that he knew what had happened.

In a quick blast of wind he pushed both Csilla and Hitori to the side, trusting in them to help Kotori. Caedmon’s crystal fell from her bag, and was swiftly crushed beneath Wakinyan’s hoof, severing the mental link before it was corrupted.

He then whipped around, wings tense, just in time for a swirling mass of black fur and claws to erupt from the earth. It was difficult to see through the blast of blackened fog, but when it cleared from either wind or strife, there stood a vaguely lupine beast. It was almost the size of Wakinyan, with heavy black fur and twisted claws. A miasma wafted from it and ichor seeped from its mouth and the multiple eyes dotting its hide, each glowing a faint red.

i dont need eyes to see what you did.png

It leaned its head back and unleashed a deafening howl before crashing into Wakinyan, sending both of them rolling. The ground was painted in a splash of purest white as claws dug into the sky god’s pelt.

Hitori held onto Kotori tightly in his arms as himself and Csilla slid back. Once another beast the size of Wakinyan appeared Hitori’s eyes opened up wide. “We should get away from here, it might be too dangerous to be too close.” Hitori jumped away from a lesser shadow demon attacking holding the lifeless Kotori in his arms. “We need to help Wakinyan!” Hitori looked towards Csilla. “Csilla wasn’t it. We should get out of the area and let Wakinyan handle this one. This is getting out of hand! Yet that new monster looks like it’ll be fun to kill!” Hitori looked down at Kotori who laid lifelessly, he flashed stepped backwards onto a broken building’s rooftop. Jumping from rooftop to rooftop until landing in one that had some furniture laying her on a broken couch.

Hitori felt Kotori’s forehead hoping she wasn’t sick or anything. He stayed quiet watching the girl closely. The building shook as the monsters fought outside, Hitori left Kotori to Csilla. He jumped up to the roof, before jumping over to a broken pole that still stood at high enough. Crouching down and placing his arms down to hold onto the pole (sitting like itachi on a pole) watching the two beasts clash. Lightning crashed and stone bristled, trampling the remaining demons as the two creatures clashed. Hitori’s eyes opened wide as he smiled big watching them. “Wooooahh!!!!! GO WAKINYAN!!! Kick it’s ass!!!” Hitori was in his base form this whole time his hair was back black and laid down. While watching the two go at it he took the time to regain some mana, and watch over Csilla and Kotori.

Hitori turned his head looking into the building he left the two girls. “Yo my name is Hitori Kage nice to meet’cha! You’re Kotori’s friend?”

As Caedmon started to fly away, Yunica attempted to compensate and instead overextended herself past what the Armor’s balancing systems could handle, causing the war machine to stumble and fall to its hands and knees. With her sensors indicating that the floating man was leaving spell range, even the clone could realize that she was not going to achieve her objective. Even if she caught up, she had no way of keeping him from staying out of arm’s reach and she didn’t particularly want to kill him. And there was no point going after the murderer when his position could just be swapped around.

With that realization Yunica suddenly felt exhausted and a sense of helplessness from her failure. Tears fell from her eyes onto the interior of her helmet as she struggled to keep herself together and figure out what to do next, the Armor slowly climbing back to its feet. Once it was back up she looked around in a bit of a daze, unsure of what to do. Contacting Charon was an idea, but she had no idea where he even was right now. And Kotori… she had no idea where that woman was nor did she have a way of contacting her either. For now perhaps she would head back towards the palace, back to where she last saw Greymourne. Slowly the Assault Armor started the trek back to where the clash against Tobias and Caedmon had started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back