• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'm okay waiting or going ahead and starting the IC thread, its up to you.

And I can just shove a zombie or 50 in front of me as a shield

I'm almost done, got the servant/court done and working on the Council (may add more servants later as time goes on). Though that part may be delayed due to IRL matters.

I'm almost done, got the servant/court done and working on the Council (may add more servants later as time goes on). Though that part may be delayed due to IRL matters.
Yeah, Council and Servant replacement is expected.

So, the Dark Lords have been dormant for quite a while. After Awakening, what do your characters do? I need some rumors to fill the Free Council.

How about rumors of dark energies sprouting up amidst forgotten areas, monsters starting to grow in population amidst those areas, perhaps even increased recruitment amongst the denizens of the light via shadowy contacts?

I suppose Acheron will start raising the dead and creating golems of the highest quality he can while putting ot feelers for enough monsters to sufficiently breed an army.

And done for now. I will add more as time goes by, but I wanted thoughts here to be honest about my character. Wasn't easy, but I managed.

Ah. But before I go too far, is it possible down the road to have a mixed army of monsters and corrupted mortals? Not right now of course, but somewhere down the line.

And done for now. I will add more as time goes by, but I wanted thoughts here to be honest about my character. Wasn't easy, but I managed.

Ah. But before I go too far, is it possible down the road to have a mixed army of monsters and corrupted mortals? Not right now of course, but somewhere down the line.
Sure.

And your character sheet is approved!

Lonaneyal
Hi everyone! I'm your newest approved player! Look forward to rping with you all!

Here is my approved CS:
Dark Lords of Araen
1590286974086.png
NameLonaneyal, the Stitched Unkindness

GenderFemale

Personality and Motivation"I want for everything to go back to the way it was. Before I had angels and paladins to deal with twenty-four/seven. The good old days, when it was all baby blood, all the time."

Lonaneyal has a sweet disposition that hides how truly evil she is. She treats everyone, even her victims with friendliness. However, she can drop this attitude and become so cold she appeared almost emotionless. Often behaving in an alluring and seductive manner, she speaks with a honeyed tongue to slither her sincerity into others ears. Extremely monstrous and sadistic, she finds it fun and relaxing to inflict suffering onto others. Lonaneyal reveles in chaos and misery and enjoys inflicting pain and destruction merely for the sake of it. Loneneyal delights in tormenting humans past their breaking point, not as part of any mission or objective, but as her twisted form of entertainment and her idea of taking a break from work. She also adores emotional and psychological torture as well as physical dysmorphia as she breeds her beasts.

"The world is mine. These creatures are mine. This land is mine. Life is mine. And I shall claim it. These creatures are vast with potential, to be bred into beautiful beast for me to love, to control, to control, to control.... This world is where the raw materials for the beautiful creatures I care for are born. I am tired of these restrictions, of lulling my materials down to my home to breed them into perfection. They have no right to deny me. I own this world and I have a plan, to take it back. The will know is for their own good. All will come to me. All will love."

Appearance: Lonaneyal's body is made of ravens stitched and minced together by blood magic. Her beautiful visage is her soul's overlay on that writhing mass. When she looses herself one can often her the pained cries of the ravens as they cry still alive. Her size can alternate depending on the amount of ravens stitched together. Ravens instinctively flock to her for her use and grace. Though she prefers to stay small often six to ten feet.

PowersMIGHT
Formidable: You take little damage from even the most powerful weapons, and you tower above the battlefield. You’re also in good shape for a world-dominating madman.

CONJURATION
Monster Breeding: You breed monsters of all shades from orcs, ogres and trolls, to werewolves, vampires and dragons. They are loyal, and terrifying.

SORCERY
Blood Magic: Make the blood of your foes boil, break them to your will, or just kill them. The possibilities are limitless, and you can use this power to heal others or drain their life to fuel your own.

Telekinesis: The manipulation of the physical world. With practice, you can rip and break your enemies, and hurl boulders with your will alone. It can also be used for delicate operations.

Ruination: The raw, destructive power of an enraged Demiurge. They can include elemental might or negative energy attacks. Whatever form it takes, destruction is yours to control.

Illusion: An underestimated power. Psychological warfare, torment, deception and more are the bread and butter of this power.

General PowersGlamor: You are more beautiful than the fairest Elf, and your voice is ethereally enthralling. Even if you describe your plans to unleash a demon scourge upon their family, the weak-willed can only marvel at your cunning and grace.

Curse: You can curse a limited amount of items or bloodlines. The cursed object will slowly turn the bearer to your side, and sabotage the works of your foes. A cursed bloodline will suffer tragedy and misery, and gradually fall into madness and death.

Teleport: You can teleport to any location you can see. Repeatedly using this power will drain you. This is limited to yourself and objects on your person. Look before you leap.

Leadership: You have supernatural will and control over your servants. In battle, they will not rout until you fall.

Unique PowerEternal: You are bound to the world. No matter how badly you are wounded, you will come back. Even if it takes centuries, you will crawl out of the woodwork to plague the World.

ArmiesMonstrous Legions: An army of twisted mortals and beasts, vicious and loyal. Orcs, trolls, and other fiendish nightmares fill your armies.

Greater BeastsDragon: A nightmarish giant of its kind, this titan of death can raze a city and melt an army. This horror is mobile and well-armored, but willful and stubborn. Beware letting it see shiny treasure.

CourtCreate up to 8 servants

Shannee Chaseleighi
d818uq5-efa3ebf0-4f95-405a-bd33-524f2f88480f.jpg
Shannee Chaseleighi
Shannee is a stardust and sand oracle who befriended Lonaneyal. Knowing what the future holds Shannee keeps herself out of the world, but is often visited by others, from royals to knights to peasants. Not very honest she often leads them to their demise. Just because she sees the future doesn't mean she has to be honest.

Emma Arabella
edde336f9f6563b664ce595897ccf029.jpg
Emma Arabella
Emma is a noblewoman in a kingdom who was once taken by Lonaneyal and begun being bred into a monster only to be spared in exchange for her influence on her kingdom.

Creature: Harpy
Tama Klyn
ddfb5c297b55d55c1d3b320d9ef0bb60.jpg
Tama Klyn
Tama is one of Lonaneyal's champions. Favored beyond belief this lifeless monster has been blessed or cursed with Lonaneyal's attention and watchful eyes.

Creature: A Unkindness
Omael
tumblr_peyiymr7Rr1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg
Omael
Omael is a captive angel who was plucked from the heavens and now is a curiosity for Lonaneyal, poking and prodding the angel in curiosity Lonaneyal enjoys it's company and pain.

Creature: The Golden Orb
Umbri Caligari
59.jpg
Umbri Caligari
Daughter of Vo Caligari, Umbri is an envoy and a scout for the waters of Araen for any shifting movements. A poisonous siren Umbri can lure ships into disaster poison others and manipulate water.

Isaac Cadell
d93c2564-acba-434d-b235-002e29447d00.jpg
Isaac Cadell
Isaac is the new young head of one of the largest churches in one of the largest kingdoms. Working with Lonaneyal he provides her with her material in exchange to ensure that he stays in power. Thanks to her enforcers he is very comfortable.

Nisha
park-pyeongjun-loc-ppj-v26-fin-logo.jpg
Nisha & Kragen
Nisha is a Vampire enforcer for Lonaneyal. As an enforcer she and her gifted creation ensure that her promises with those corrupt nobles is ensured. The job is not a pleasant one, but this is the best fate of those on the bad side of Lonaneyal.

Creature: Kragen
Abaddon Tartys
0045798ac0be6bb8393a03ff493c8b8c.jpg
Abaddon Tartys
Abaddon is a dark king and a battlefield commander. Living for the thrill of the battlefield Abbadon is a cruel tactician and a dauntless commander. With monsterous armies behind him and his shadow dog beside him he will kill for Lonaneyal any time.

Creature: Shadow Dog
Each servant should have one or two sentences describing their powers and purpose. Think battlefield commanders, champions, envoys, and traitorous nobles amongst the Free Peoples. Try to give them a character. This can include captured Angels or Demons, and mortal hostages.

Council
  • tumblr_p3qy66AFKM1tyh0aro1_1280.jpg
    Eoin Umbra
    Full Name: Eoin Villalobos Umbra

Power: A Storm Sorcerer

Personality/Use: Eion is a devoted and headstrong councillor. He harbors no interest in anyone other than Lonaneyal, and would more than happily slaughter all others to keep her close. He fulfills her security and caution among mortals and beasts she takes in for her material. If there are those that seem harmful come into her realm he quickly executes them without question. He has no interest in collection only her preservation.

History: A sick and twisted monster for his people, he was once revered as a powerful sorcerer for his people. Coming across Lonaneyal he had never seen a foce so powerful and alluring. Taken in by her beauty Eoin betrayed his people giving them to her material, only asking to stay by her side to sort the material for her.

Creature: Desert squid call Cyclone

Create up to five councilors. Each should be a distinct character, and fill a weakness or shortcoming of yours.

Flaw:
Fractured: You are... split. Sometimes you find yourself doing something else, only to be told you’ve been doing it for days. Your powers sometimes sputter at an inopportune moment. It’s almost as if you’ve forgotten something, some injury or curse...

They come in the dark.

Last edited:
Well, this is looking more and more interesting.

So, the Dark Lords have been dormant for quite a while. After Awakening, what do your characters do? I need some rumors to fill the Free Council.

I would say that there are rumors of certain nobles going outright insane, and defintily something about obscure pranks that border on vandalism due to Dementia's more impish attitude.

Oh, and probably rumors of an increase in orginaized crime among certain kingdoms. Dementia likes his spy network and Sable makes sure it's one of the best!

For Vex I'd imagine he spent some time travelling the world, so probably rumours of some really weird magic stuff going on, also maybe some general chaotic stuff like fires and floods and minor civil wars. Something along those lines, so kinda like scary but relatively controllable chaos.

I now like to think they both invented toilet paper in this world just so they could do that.

YES, that is precisely what happened. This is my truth now, they invented toilet paper so they could TP people, and people figured out alternative methods of throwing it away.

IC Thread is up!
IC Thread is posted!

All right, so I expect a two paragraph post at least. You’ll say what you want to do, and I’ll say the results. I’d recommend detailed posts.

It has arrived, ladies and gentlemen! Time for our grand debut into the unknown!

Huzzah for all! Or, if you like a quieter exclamation: Yay us.

I would take it that this should be a combination of an introduction and our first actions on the world stage once more after being so dormant for so long? That sounds about right to me, hope that helps you The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back