• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Derrion "Der" Helms
Derrion.jpg

Just as Derrion got comfortable, Dev tossed her phone into his lap. ““Here take over the music since Sun apparently hates my playlist today anyways.” Der laughed, “Bet. I got you.” Scrolling through the music app, Der found a familiar song and put it on, queueing up another after it.

“Anyways New Kid… Jerry? Derry? I dunno Dev never mentioned your name. You ever been to a gay club meet before?”

Derrion looked up at the sudden question from Sun before stifling another laugh as Dev attempted to apologize for them.

“Yes I have. Don’t mind Sun, th-he’s better with nicknames. Buttttt anyways have you?”

Der smiled, "Oh well in that case, you can call me Der. And…I mean at my old school there were lgbt+ clubs, but I wasn’t a part of them.” Debating whether or not to give out trauma details (and deciding no) he simply said, “The times clashed with the other clubs I was in .” He shrugged his shoulders.

It wasn’t a lie. It definitely clashed with his basketball practices and swim club meetings, but the biggest reason he didn’t was because he wasn’t out to his parents. They were way too involved in his school and social life to not notice if he joined too. Der shifted at the uncomfortable thoughts, attempting to shake them. “What about you guys? Been in the club for a long time or are you guys kinda new too?”

Tag: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

ee375b8c07293edc32ea3619e9f14f78_collage_450.jpg
♢Andrew "Ark" Markson♢
Interaction: Diana Anne Boolean Anne Boolean , Jeremy Direct Timing Direct Timing
"The true tragedy is that mentality can be applied to anything." Before that statement could be explored further, the pink-haired girl gave the first official task of introducing themselves to the club. Immediately most of the group immediately stiffened. Jeremy included. Everyone had their fears and secrets, and if anyone knew what that was like, it was Ark. For most of these kids this club would be the only safe place for them to hash them out. Enough of that though, introduction montage! Grumpy was impossible to forget... And even more fun to annoy. Ratt was most definitely going to be a partner in crime. Blair was the beautiful Goth Queen as she should be. Harriet, one of the few embodiments of sunshine this collection of traumatized queers, handed him a blue friendship bracelet. Good quality. Just a tad too small for his wrist, but Betsy could do with a splash of color other then red. The silver painted bat's paint was beginning to chip off anyway...

She'd been good to him. A maple-wood baseball bat painted in a dulled silver was his best friend for a while. His only friend. In a time where he felt like weak to his emotions, Betsy delivered messages short and sweet. Seemed strange, that a baseball bat brought comfort, but compared to the person wielding it. She was a mercy that Ark couldn't give. Welp. He gently shook his head, as if the movement would shake away the dark thoughts that clung like cobwebs.

It was soon Jeremy's turn. He did his best to make it apparent that he was listening to everyone equally, but it was kind of hard sitting lower then everyone else and starkly refusing to lift his head from his bag... However he couldn't help, but stiffen at his mention of the track team. It wasn't Jeremy's fault that the mention of the sport had been soured by some asshat. Unsure how properly convey that his discomfort wasn't directed at Jeremy directly, Ark gave a weak smile and thumbs up. Now to have a better introduction then what Jeremy was subjugated too. Choosing to project from his comfy spot on the floor then to actually get up.

"I suppose it's my turn now. The preferred name is Ark, and I go by anything other then she/her. I'll be a junior this year, and having just moved from Colorado, I haven't done much over the summer. The only notable things I can say is I dealt with a couple things and while yes, I've smoked weed, no I ain't gonna be a dealer. And no, South Park is not a real place."

• 73423762-AED9-45BF-816A-AF146F46A29D.jpeg

Tags:
    Derrion ( nessie_sc nessie_sc ), Devan (Me), Diana ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ), Everyone [Devan's Shouting]
    ~ To Di's House ~
    Hey Look Ma, I Made It || Sunny's CS File

New kid had jams. Guess that made the dude semi-decent. At the very least it was better than then having to fumble with the music themselves.

“Der huh? Der. Der… Okay got it. Hmmm.”

They would have mentioned how odd of a nickname it sounded if not for the stinging sensation of a smack to their upper thigh.

“Ow, what the fuck I didn’t say anything yet!”

“You were thinking it. Play nice Sun. There’s going to be more than just Der for newbies.”

She said it with a smirk on her face. How irritating. They snapped back at Dev with less heat in their voice than one would expect from the words.

“Just pay attention to the goddamn road woman!”

They felt a little bad being curt once Derrion admitted to it being his first time joining an LGBTQ+ club. They let out a little sigh as they lazily pushed the mirror in a way to catch a better look at him in the back to gauge his reactions…. Dev never used her mirrors anyways.

“So New Kid’s not that far off then huh. Well me and Dev have been going since the club was established really. Dev’s gay as fuck, but we don’t talk about it around her fam, and I have nothing better to do with her busy.”

He wished he could have timed it more directly but Dev never actually put the address in the GPS instead just having visited Di’s place enough to know the way.

“Sun wasn’t originally part of the club. But it took him about three weeks to get annoyed by my time being eaten up. He’s never going to admit it but he enjoys the club just as much-ah nice we’re here.”

Dev hit the breaks and started to shift gears to back the car up into the driveway jerking the two in the car by the suddenness of the shift.

“You’re going to wreck this shit one day and I will laugh when your pops screams.”

He didn’t get much more than a laugh from Devan as she packed the car and exited kicking the door closed behind her. She didn’t even wait for the two as she went straight for the door.

“Diiiii we’re here and we brought a baby queer!”

They let out a huff at Dev’s inability to ever be inconspicuous. Oh well, anyone with a trained enough eye would have noticed the inclusion of near every previous member anyways. Staggering arrivals would hide enough. They turned to Der as they exited the car waiting on the newbie knowing that Dev had already made it a lot of pressure on him.

“Welp last chance to ditch us weirdos. They tend to grow on you quickly if you don’t escape early on.”

Derrion "Der" Helms
Der for posts.jpg
Der smiles, happy that his music is being received well. He observed the two in the front bickering lightly before feeling a buzz from his pocket. Pulling out the phone he sees that Ji texted him ENJOY YOUR CLUB STUFF! ILY STUPID!. He chuckled to himself before sending her a heart back. He perked back up as he heard Sun address him.

“So New Kid’s not that far off then huh. Well me and Dev have been going since the club was established really. Dev’s gay as fuck, but we don’t talk about it around her fam, and I have nothing better to do with her busy.”

Derrion replies, "I don't talk about it with my folk either, so I get it. And you're tagging along for some time together? That's hella sweet." Der could definitely appreciate how someone would tag along for their significant other. Things like that mean a lot.

“Sun wasn’t originally part of the club. But it took him about three weeks to get annoyed by my time being eaten up. He’s never going to admit it but he enjoys the club just as much-ah nice we’re here.”

The sudden jerk of the car alerted him to their arrival and instinctively he turned to look at the house they'd pulled up to. Jeez.. This house was super nice and definitely something he'd want for himself one day. Eager to see the inside, Der grabbed his thigs and hopped out the car.

“Diiiii we’re here and we brought a baby queer!”

Der laughed loudly at the comment before being addressed by Sun.

“Welp last chance to ditch us weirdos. They tend to grow on you quickly if you don’t escape early on.”

Derrion shook his head looking back toward the door, smiling widely. "It's way too late for that, yo. I'm already attached." Der clutched his bag and the bag of snacks in his hand as he walked up to the door, brimming with excitement.

Tag: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic + everyone else?

ecb28d27ea393f901af6eeb5bdab59e6.jpg

Diana Miller

Ratt was the first to do an introduction, which brought a smile to Diana's face. He hadn't been offended or scared off by the interaction he had had with Akane. The pink-haired girl still felt a little apprehension when it came to him, but she figured this was a step in the right direction.

The smile became a little more forced when he said what he did during the summer. "... oh!" was all she could get out after a moment of silence. She had follow up questions, such as what he did with the raccoons after, why he was after them in the first place, and how exactly he caught them, but wasn't quite sure she knew a polite way to word them, or if she actually wanted the answers to them. Thankfully, Blair went next. Her response was something Diana could show genuine excitement for. "Congrats!" she said. "I'd love to go driving around with you sometime!" She had gotten some lessons from her friends, but a license and car seemed far off still. The parental permission requirement for them was something she was always seeming to miss.

Akane went next. Normally, Diana would have encouraged him to say something he did during the summer, especially since they had done quite a few things together, but she decided to let him be. He was probably in a bit of a sour mood after his interaction with Ratt, and she didn't want to exacerbate that.

Harriet followed up, proving Diana's point that no answer was too boring. "That sounds relaxing," she said, "hopefully you didn't go out when it was too hot." Most of her summer days were spent indoors in the AC. Her smile widened when the blonde gave her a friendship bracelet. "Aww! That's so sweet!" She quickly slipped it on her wrist, viewing it as a reminder of all the people she had here. Hopefully the newcomers would come to see this place as she did soon too.

The kid who had been standing out in the distance seemed to have teleported inside the house. Well, maybe not, as Diana was pretty sure she saw them walking in while the other introductions were happening. The long and unique name caused her light blue eyes to blink a couple of times, and she breathed a small sigh of relief when the person said they were okay with nicknames. Hopefully Arii was one they would like. "Well, welcome to Springdale," the seventeen year old said when the individual mentioned moving. This wasn't new to Diana, as she had been the one who informed them of this club, but perhaps some others who were new would feel some comfort in knowing they weren't the only one. As for anyone who had been here for a month or two, she assumed they would have thought Arii stuck out like a sore thumb. The pink-haired girl wondered just how much trouble they had gotten for their "they/them" pink and their anti-gender, pro-goose shirt, despite their short time living here.

Not long after, two more people stepped into the house. The blond guy, Jamie, Diana had interacted with a few times on social media. The girl behind him though was someone new to her. "Oh, it's okay," she said. "If people still want boba tea, I can order us some." She couldn't help but notice the stark difference between the two. One seemed to radiate a confident aura while the other looked as if she wanted to just blend in with the walls. "And no, you guys aren't late. We just got started. We're doing introductions. Name, pronouns, grade, and something fun you did this summer!"

Another newbie was the next to introduce herself. Coincidentally, she was also new to town. As for where she came from, Diana couldn't help but feel bad for her for having to leave. She would have loved to live in Hawaii. What she did that summer caused her sky blue eyes to widen. "What!? That's amazing!" the pink-haired girl said. "And you're going to be on the volleyball team? That's awesome! I'm on the softball team! We should totally workout together sometime!" It then hit her that this was more than a one on one conversation, and she did her best to not monopolize the space. "Er... well, anyway, welcome!"

The next kid to speak up was another newcomer to town. Well, they certainly wouldn't need to feel alone having met so many like them here. Hopefully they would all get along. The guy was also on the track team. Another fellow sportsman. "Awesome!" Diana said. She wanted to ask what he ran and what his best timings were, but in an effort to not derail from the introductions, she simply said, "we should totally go running together sometime!"

The person sitting on the floor spoke up next. Apparently Ark was from Colorado. She could only assume the extra tidbits of information he gave was because he had been asked those questions quite a bit already. Diana didn't put it past the people in Springdale. She also had more than a few things to say about South Park, but decided to hold her criticism for the moment. It was still her guilty pleasure, so she couldn't be too harsh towards it, after all. "Welcome! Nice to meet you!"

The next voice she heard wasn't from anyone inside the room, but rather came from outside the house. "Oh, one second," she said to the gathered crowd. She made her way to the front door to let the two in. "Hey! Good to see you guys!" The pink-haired girl gave a grin Devan and Sunny. Her eyes then fell on Derrion behind them. "And you brought someone new! Awesome! Hi, I'm Diana," she greeted. "C'mon in! We're just doing introductions."

Interactions:
Ratt ( _clown_ _clown_ ), Akane, Harriet ( bambino bambino ), Arii ( ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ), Kate, Jamie ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ), Briallen ( redroseknight redroseknight ), Jeremy ( Direct Timing Direct Timing ), Ark ( Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus ), Devan, Sunny ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Derrion ( nessie_sc nessie_sc )

"Deathwish." Ratt mused with a chuckle, "Sure thing, twink."

Honestly, the words left his mouth before he'd begun processing them. That's how he said most things, of course. The tall individual made sure to catch the name of the twerp, his impression wasn't ideal given Ratt looked as if he could punt him across the room and still have energy afterwards for numerous nefarious activities. His intentions weren't to fight, but he'd hold his own if someone else dared to initiate one.

Far zoned out, Ratt only managed to catch wind of a few other's names. He made sure to pay attention to "Blair", if anyone was both intimidating and proper friendship material, not that he wanted friends, it would've been her. The two had exchanged a mutual look of respect, possibly identifying clothing the other wore which also occupied space in their own closet.

In addition, he also took note of the overly joyous girl who handed him a friendship bracelet. Ratt held back a snicker, eyeing the fluorescent pink which she'd so confidently given to him. To humor her, he tried to slip it over his hand — but as it turns out, his hand was much too large, and he hung it off of his earring instead. Various other members barged in at the last minute, loudly announcing themselves as late as if that wasn't evident. Ratt decided to occupy himself with the table brimming with foods, and after surveying the various dishes, both homemade and store bought, there was no doubt to him exactly what he wanted to eat.

Ratt snatched his own contribution of still frozen French fries off the table and made himself happier on that couch that he previously thought possible.

Interactions:
akane ( bambino bambino ), kind of blair not really

akane

Red threatened the corners of Akane's vision. That's how he would justify this later, if anyone saw him holding an icepack to his nose or covering himself in bandaids; There was no holding back in moments like this one. Akane had never been known for great self control, but it didn't get much better when he was insulted.

Because, to be clear, the word was an insult. To any other man, maybe it depended on the context, but to Akane it was a declaration of war. The extreme discomfort, the need to get the fuck out of this situation by any means necessary--maybe to anyone else his feelings would've stayed as embarrassment, but for Akane it twisted into plain and simple rage.

Akane twisted back to see Ratt on the couch. Already their apparent size difference was an issue here, especially since one was seated and Akane had no idea how the fuck he would be able to actually get him up. He ignored those thoughts and stooped further down, twisting up a hand in Ratt's shirt and yanking him forward with all his strength. His eyes met the other, his own narrowed, and he spat out his next words.

"The fuck did you just call me?"
he asked.
"You wanna fucking repeat that?"
The situation had already escalated beyond the point of no return in Akane's eyes, but hey, there was always a chance the guy would apologize and they could go about their meeting without watching someone get their ass beat. Akane highly doubted that, but it was courteous to give him the chance first, right?

_clown_ _clown_

♡coded by uxie♡

anime-boy-sunlight-fence-rooftop-clouds-sky-25635.jpegJeremy saw Ark’s reaction to his speech with a sort of smile that seemed off but was slightly reassured by Ark’s thumbs up. Perhaps something he said did not set right with Ark. He wasn’t sure. Maybe he was just reading to much into it and just needed to let it go.

The pink haired girl seemed pleased at Jeremy being on the track team. “Oh you run? Cool, I’d love that Diana. I’ll give you my number later.” Jeremy smiled at her. He wondered how fast she was but that was just his competitive nature coming out. He didn’t really care so much. He was just happy to have something in common with someone in the room.

Jeremy’s ears perked up as Ark mentioned that he too had just moved here. He giggled at the remark about South Park not being in Colorado. After Ark had finished he held out his fist for a fist bump. “So your new too? Cool. We should go exploring the town together later. I mean if you want to hang out with me or whatever.” Jeremy waited for a response from Ark as others walked in. I hope this is everyone finally. He was starving and felt like he could eat a whole pizza all by himself. His stomach roared loudly and it would have been heard by anyone next to him. Jeremy eyed Ark’s baseball bat cautiously, wondering why this kid brought it unless he was expecting something to go down?

A movement out of the corner of his eye caught his attention to the short kid who was now grabbing at the shirt of the much bigger boy who had brought the frozen french fries. He’s not sure what was setting the shorter kid off but the shorter kid was raising his voice and seemed like he needed to prove himself for some reason. Jeremy took out his phone and started recording.

Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus Anne Boolean Anne Boolean _clown_ _clown_ bambino bambino

Last edited:
Derrion "Der" Helms
Der for posts.jpg
Derrion adjusted himself, making sure his clothes were in order just before the door opened. The girl that opened the door greeted Dev and sunny before looking at him, greeting him cheerily. Der flashed a smile at her, waving. "Nice to meet ya Diana; I'm Derrion. Sorry if we're a little late. I brought snacks too," he said holding up the bag full of chips and granola bars. Flashing another smile at Diana, he walks in to look for a place to put the food.

Upon entering, Der saw quite the scene. There were quite a few people in the room, but his attention was drawn to Akane who was standing over some dude on the couch with his shirt curled in his hand. The stance was all too familiar as Der had definitely seen his share of confrontation between the sports teams and fights at his old school. The rage in his face was a shock to Der as he's only seen him looking shy and rushed at school.

"The fuck did you just call me?" he asked. "You wanna fucking repeat that?"

Nope nope nope, not here. Before he could completely register what he was doing, Der quickly made his way to the couch, pushing himself between the two. Akane's grip on the other guy's shirt dropped since Der was quite large compared to Akane (Der's 6ft of height in comparison to Akane's 5ft 3in), and he was almost like reaching around a wall.

Derrion gently placed his hand on Akane's upper arm/shoulder (his hands are a tad bit big, but it sure has been a great help with his ball control). "Come on now Akane, aren't you supposed to be nice to us newbies?" Der flashed his smile as he chuckled out the last couple words in an attempt to lighten the mood.

Tags: bambino bambino _clown_ _clown_ Anne Boolean Anne Boolean + everyone else​

Last edited:
Perfection could not be rushed, and so Regina was running later to the meeting than she had intended. She had obligations, and she couldn't let herself be seen as being eager to leave the student council meeting. If she did then questions would be asked, questions that Regina would much rather people would keep sealed within their little pie holes. She had an image to maintain, both on campus and with her family. If anyone had an inkling as to where Regina was heading, then everything she had worked for up until this moment would be utterly burned to ashes. While she could easily play the card that this was just another extra curricular to add to her extensive list, she knew that other peers at her school would know more than her parents. They heard the rumors. She needed to be careful. And where she couldn't be careful, Regina would be absolutely ruthless. She would and could absolutely decimate someone's life if they put her delicately balanced life in to question. No matter what it took, she was going to manage to keep this side of her life secret so that she wouldn't end up cut out of the inheritance or have her reign usurped by one of her 'friends' that would have loved to have held Regina's position.

The last strains of 'Vicious' by Halestorm rang out as the red Mustang pulled up to Diana's house, a place that wasn't completely unfamiliar to the brunette. Regina had many 'friends', mostly hanger-ons clinging to attention from Regina to validate their existence, but she had a few people that she would consider an actual friend. While she wouldn't be completely candid with them because that was a trait that Regina just didn't possess, she did tend to lash out less at these people. Less being the key word: no one was ever truly safe from Regina's barbs.

At first the only sound greeting Regina's ears were the clicks of her Jimmy Choos on the pathway leading to Diana's house, though that was quickly drowned out the moment that she opened the door. Sharp brown eyes quickly assessed the situation at hand, two people who were completely insignificant to the world that Regina lived in. Oh, she recognized Akane from previous meetings though that didn't mean that he had left a positive impression on the short-statured woman. He was a loose cannon as far as she was concerned, and she had little time for those that couldn't be of some benefit to her. Her nose wrinkled as she looked at the boy that he seemed to have gotten into an altercation with, the brunette feeling like she needed at least three showers just from being in the same room with this individual.

"Oh, it seems that I made a wrong turn and ended up at an elementary school yard," she remarked as she shut the door. The young woman was usually much more subtle in the digs that she made at other people, but she felt like this situation warranted a sharp word to put it back into perspective. While she didn't believe that people needed to get along, couldn't they at least conduct themselves in a civilized manner and make their arguments verbal?

"I'm sorry, Diana, for being late. I am sure I don't have to tell you how Cassandra Holmes gets when she is set on a tangent. Since she is Student Body Treasurer, I'm forced to appease her." Her gaze raked over the other people in the room, sizing each one up and categorizing them according to their potential to either be useful or needing to be eliminated from her presence. The woman's jaw tightened when she noted the looming figure of Blair, and she had to bite her tongue to keep silent the barbs that threatened to loose from her lips. No. She needed to keep her cool and assess the situation. She shouldn't give Blair unwarranted attention from someone as illustrious as herself. Not to mention that there were plenty of new faces among this crowd. By immediately lashing out at Blair without any of them seeing any provocation, she would alienate would-be pawns allies.

bambino bambino , Anne Boolean Anne Boolean , _clown_ _clown_ , Nightshade98 Nightshade98 , Everyone Everyone else

Ariiasq danced backward as more people—two covered in boba, and three more, one of which apparently a baby. Their steps were light on the floor, and they were sure to avoid furniture and carpet out of habit. There were, they decided, far too many people here, now.

As Diana started up talking again, they tucked their hands into their jacket pockets, tapping against the textured case of their phone primarily for their own comfort. They let out a breath, the anxious tightness of being too close to people riding the exhale. Maybe this was a bad idea. Then again, maybe it wasn't. But there was always—

Arii was so caught in their thoughts that they didn't hear what the couch goblin had said, only registered movement that had their head snapping around over their shoulder and their eyes focusing. The short one—well, short to Arii, being a good half-foot taller—had the couch goblin by the collar, and was spitting something that Arii's current state of heart-beat-too-fast-for-hearing couldn't register.

They pressed their thumb to the back of their phone and was rewarded with the soft 'click' of it unlocking. Nerves flushed through their veins, and if it weren't for the new people blocking the door, they'd have already fled. But there were, unfortunately, people between Arii and the door.

One of the new people—darker skinned, a little taller than Arii, themself—brushed past, and at the brief, unexpected contact (it was barely a nudge to their jacket), Arii was almost entirely sure their body tried to evict their soul.

Almost immediately, they scrambled backward, their back hitting the wall with a light thump. Coming here was a bad idea. They should get out and go home. They knew it hadn't even been twenty minutes since Jet and Plat left—but they wanted to go home, now.

The only problem with that is that they had to call their dads. Which meant they had to get their phone out of their pocket. Which they couldn't seem to do. They were frozen in place against the wall, breathing nonexistent and expression completely blank. They didn't even notice another new person coming in.

Okay, don't panic—

Too late.

Sometimes Arii wished they weren't pessimistic.

Instead of watching the confrontation, they screwed their eyes shut and sucked in a slow breath through their teeth, cool air soothing their aching chest. In for ten, out for twenty.

In for ten, out for twenty.

In, out.

In, out.

Mostly just bambino bambino , _clown_ _clown_ , and nessie_sc nessie_sc

♢Andrew "Ark" Markson♢
Interaction: Jeremy, Regina ( Direct Timing Direct Timing , redroseknight redroseknight )
Thankfully Jeremy didn't push for answers when noting Ark's discomfort during his introduction. Again, it wasn't Jeremy's fault that his ex happened to be in track team. A track team that rightfully hopped up to avenge their friend and top-star after they broke up. A revenge that was less fruitful than the team probably wanted. Or the school wanted, as most of them were pulled out of the season due to being caught... Maybe if Jeremy pushed, they'd answer, but just, not right now. On the other hand, things seemed smoothed over by Ark's more improved introduction. The fact people asked if South Park was a real place boggled their mind at times. Like sure. Satan just fought ManBearPig in the street just before he left for Springdale, care for some Tegridy Farms Weed? Hey, at least others' stupidity had manage to get Jeremy to giggle.
The tension that had buried itself in Ark's shoulders immediately unraveled under the genuine surprise at Jeremy's offer of both fist-bump and exploration. He hadn't done anything outside of setting up their room since arriving in Springdale. In fact, the whole reason why Ark came to the Cartography club in the first place was all just a spontaneous choice. A distraction for their parents and themselves. A soft, welcomed smile grew as they gently bump their knuckles against Jeremy's, along with a cheeky eyebrow raise at the tsundere backtracking. "Hell yeah, I'm totally up for some urban exploration. Maybe we'll find something the locals haven't." Shortly after accepting, Ark hid a chuckle behind their fist as Jeremy's stomach made it's protest on the delay of food. Though it did remind them that they hadn't eaten anything either.
The smile they had turned into a slight frown when they lost the opportunity to try the frozen fries. Frozen (More likely soggy at this point) they may be, tempting they still were. A mixture of a scoff and sigh escaping their lungs when Grumpy had finally been pushed from cautious to confrontational. Maybe they would have jumped in if the argument had truly escalated from teasing to actual harm, if another tall fellow (Again, wth were these kids eating to get so tall??????) hadn't hopped into the fray already. Though the mood had definitely began to swan-dive. The social anxiety of some of the club members, pretty boy's messup of the boba, Grumpy's fit, and someone in the back was beginning to have a panic-attack (poor thing) were definitely begining to stire some sort of tension. At least to Ark's senses. But things especially began to spiral with the introduction of the clearest uptight, my daddy's rich, pompous princess cliche that strolled into the door. Ark's face schooled back into it's disinterested mask, but it wouldn't take a genius to know that Ark saw her sizing everyone up. And wanted nothing to do with her. She was practically dripping with major red flags from head to toe... Maybe she's better then she looks. But a viper is still a viper no matter the poison. And Ark had been bitten one too many to not be careful.

8817456a1d2006df4da3e49de8837c82.jpgRurikawa.Yuki.600.2826897.jpg

Diana Miller && Willow St. Ives

After letting the trio in, Diana walked back to the meeting space to see the altercation taking place. Her cheerful smile faded, and she moved towards the two in order to step in. The newcomer that arrived with Sunny and Dev put himself between Akane and Ratt in her place though, and she just prayed that he didn't get pulled into the conflict.

Regina arrived moments later, commenting on the immaturity of the conflict. Diana couldn't help but silently agree. Though they both came from wealth, Regina was the one who made it more obvious. Diana wasn't frugal by any means, but when the two were put next to each other, it was easy to see who was more refined. The pink-haired girl's splurging was done more so on convenience and comfort rather than class.

"Oh, no problem, Regina..." Diana said with a soft chuckle. "Sorry you had to walk in on this..."

She wasn't the only one to enter during the incident, though. Another person with green bobbed hair and an androgynous aesthetic stepped in a few moments after.

"Hi Diana, I'm ba-!" Willow stood in the doorway with grocery bags in both hands. Their eyes scanned the faces in the room. "Um... is everything okay?"

After a moment of silence, Diana spoke up. "Yeah! Everything is fine!" she said. "We were just doing introductions!" With two people fighting and one person seemingly having an anxiety attack though, perhaps it was time to move on. "We're gonna start an activity now, though! It'll be a fun ice breaker!" She hurried over to the rolled up piece of poster paper and unfurled it on the floor in the middle of the group. What looked like a crude outline of a continent was drawn on it.

"Since we're officially the cartography club, I figured we should at least do some activities involving maps!" she added as she pulled out a collection of various colorful markers. "It's a little cheesy, but hopefully it'll be fun too! We each put something on this map! It can be a city, a landmark... anything! It can be a place we'd like to live or just a place we think would be cool. And it totally doesn't have to be realistic either! Feel free to have like, unicorns and things living there!" She eagerly held out the markers for all of her clubmates.

Abruptly, the green haired boy was yanked far closer to the irritable boy than he would've liked to be. Little more than a smirk crossed Ratt's features, he was quite amused to see the smaller individual so — determined.

Giving Akane the same treatment, Ratt tugged on Akane's shirt to bring him even closer. Now they were what plenty would call 'too' close, but clearly Ratt didn't care much about the concept of personal space. In a voice low enough that it was only audible to the two of them, and deep enough to vibrate one's chest, Ratt simply warned, "You don't want to fuck with me, twink."

Thankfully, the altercation got no further as a boy taller than Akane but shorter than Ratt shifted between them. The troublesome boy made himself comfortable again, leaning back on the couch and spreading his arms out against the top of it. The smug look never left his facial features.

As much as Ratt would've loved to listen to the newcomer talking Akane off his murderous high, his attention was stolen by the pink haired girl once again trying to regain control of the situation. At her explanation of their new activity, a lightbulb immediately went off in Ratt's head as he gazed at the paper. Well, if they all had to add a little landmark, who was Ratt to refuse?

Plucking out a bright pink marker as soon as she offered coloring tools, he boldly began to draw onto the map now that Diana had finished her explanation. Even after being threatened today, Ratt's stupid confidence hadn't faltered in the slightest as he scribbled down a building. Innocuous enough, however with a sign proclaiming this establishment as "Rat's Tats", multiple money signs and the smallest symbolism of what looked to be a pole it was safe to assume Ratt's intentions were far from pure. On the bright side, his artistry was actually quite impressive.

Interactions:
Akane ( bambino bambino ), sorta Diana a tiny bit ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )

anime-boy-sunlight-fence-rooftop-clouds-sky-25635.jpegJeremy was glad Ark didn’t leave him hanging on the fist bump. He smiled at Ark’s response to exploring the town. “Yeah we might end up finding old dollar bills in the wall of one of those old buildings on the south side of town by that abandoned train station-” Jeremy stopped suddenly remembering something. Jeremy went back to recording David and Goliath. Another person showed with two sacks of groceries and his stomach grumbled again, though not nearly as loudly. Diana had suddenly announced that the group was going to do an activity. Jeremy looked up at her as she explained what it was going to be. “Sounds cool.” He said and then looked at the two boys who were sure to fight. Ratt had just buried his own fist in the shirt of Akane and Jeremy was sure fists were going to be flying at any moment but then a hansom guy showed up and seemingly put himself between Akane and Ratt. Jeremy frowned turning off the recording app on his iPhone. “Maybe another day.” He whispered to himself.

He put his iPhone in his back pocket and stood up. He offered Ark a hand to help him up. “Hey Ark, after we draw something lets eat!” Jeremy said and went over to take an orange marker from Daina. He sat down on the floor and began doodling a fallen Gundam in the middle of the ocean. He drew some robots next to it building a city around the Gundam. Jeremy wrote a few Japanese characters next to the city. “マイ ホーム”.

Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Blair

Blair mostly tunes out the rest of the club after Harriet sits down next to her, her focus drawn by how close the other girl is. Her scent, her body heat. How much of a creep she feels focussing on that. She's drawn out a bit of a gay panic spiral however when Akane kicks off a the tall punky guy. Ratt. She stands up with a start, ready to intercede. But the new guy gets there first. His name was Derrion, right? She watches with concern for a few seconds to make sure that he's ok before she's forced to accept that, yes, he's got this. She'd only get in the way.

Just as she's relaxing again, however, Regina walks in. All sound seems to fade into the background as her concerned expression shifts to a hateful glare towards the preppy girl. She's vaguely aware of Regina spouting off some quip. Probably something equal parts dismissive and utterly inane. Blair starts thinking of her own quip. Diana is talking now. She gives her time to finish what she's saying but doesn't pay it any attention. A couple of others chime in but it doesn't grab her attention either. After a beat of silence she grasps her chance. "Reggie, what a surprise. I'm surprised you'd show up after all the effort you went through to distance yourself from the group before when that all went down. Wouldn't think daddy would approve of you hanging around with our sort. Oh!" She feigns a sudden realisation. "Unless your going around behind his back. But that's so unlike you." She pauses a moment after her statement. Fuck. That was lame. She quickly sits back down again, her expression hard to read.

@ everyone I guess but mainly redroseknight redroseknight

akane

Akane thought he saw red as Ratt simply continued to neg him, but before he could do anything he was being pushed back, a large hand coming to rest on his shoulder. Suddenly the red had left his vision and was now blooming across his face. He turned his head away to try and avoid looking any further at Derrion, hands drawing into his sides awkwardly before he jerked back to get rid of the touch between them. His skin seemed to burn where Derrion had touched him. What the fuck was up with that?

He cleared his throat, muttering some variation of
"Whatever,"
his voice cracking slightly. A heavy sigh escaped him as he stepped away, trying to escape the situation to the best of his ability.

Stupid. That's all he could think--how stupid this was. Not just picking a fight with Ratt, which was dumb enough, but also reacting the way he did to Derrion. He ran a hand through his hair, eyes closing as he tried to breathe for a moment and calm himself down. It didn't quite work, with everything happening around them.

_clown_ _clown_ nessie_sc nessie_sc

♡coded by uxie♡

harriet

Harriet's eyes widened at the sight of the fight, and despite herself she leaned into Blair's side, finding her a solid comfort as she glanced around the room. Luckily, it looked like someone was solving the situation; She let out a sigh of relief, vision turning to the now standing Blair and the new girl.

She furrowed her brow at the exchange. Harriet wasn't stupid, she could sense tension, though she had absolutely no idea why they wouldn't get along. They both seemed like nice enough girls! As Blair sat back down, though, she let their hands brush against each other and offered her a smile.

"This your friend?"
she said softly, though she was pretty sure she knew the answer to that. She looked back up at the one she had referred to as Reggie.
"It's nice to meet you!"
she said, head tilting to the side.

Nightshade98 Nightshade98 redroseknight redroseknight

♡coded by uxie♡

de34342c37423975536b3aa8e9f59f0b.jpgRurikawa.Yuki.600.2826897.jpg

Diana Miller && Willow St. Ives

After one fight fizzled out, it seemed another was starting up. Diana did her best to hide the exhaustion she was feeling from wrangling all these trigger happy idiots.

She turned to Harriet with a grin upon hearing her speak. "Yes! We're all friends here!" she said. "But sadly, sometimes friends' parents don't approve of who they're friends with!" Her sky blue eyes glanced over to Blair. "But this is a place where we can forget about all of that, at least for a little while. So let's do that!" She held out handfuls of markers to the three girls.

Willow had missed the second spat, as they had entered the kitchen to put away the groceries they had just bought. They returned moments later and picked up one of the free markers before approaching the map that was laid out. Recalling Diana's instructions, they looked over the various works everyone was creating.

"Rat's Tat's, huh?" they commented, looking over to what the tall, similarly-green-haired fellow had drawn. "That's pretty cool. You wanna become a tattoo artist when you're older?" Although with the pole there, they wondered if it was actually meant to be another kind of establishment.

Their eyes then went over to the fallen mech in the ocean which seemed to be populated by smaller mechs. "What's that say?" they asked Jeremy, taking note of the Japanese text. "Is it, 'no humans allowed' or something?" They asked, giving a small chuckle.

They also took a seat on the ground next to the paper, finding an empty space not too far off the coast of the map and began drawing their own landmark. It looked to be a crudely drawn mannequin bust as well as a compact mirror and a stick of lipstick.

Diana interactions: Regina ( redroseknight redroseknight ), Blair ( Nightshade98 Nightshade98 ), Harriet ( bambino bambino )
Willow interactions: Ratt ( _clown_ _clown_ ), Jeremy ( Direct Timing Direct Timing )

A snicker left Ratt, which was undoubtedly a sign of devious intentions. Of course, that was to imply someone like Ratt could have otherwise had innocent intentions. As an individual dawning green hair much like Ratt'self inquired about the establishment he proudly scribbled upon the map, another snort left him.

"Yeah, I do, but it ain't a tattoo shop."

Admittedly, Ratt had a fondness of drawing and similarly so to tattoos. Reckless endeavors in his younger days had resulted in a number of crude stick'n'pokes across his body, although they had progressively improved with time, which was a good sign. In an ideal world he may someday pick up a tattoo gun and lay ink permanently in someone's skin… but Rat's Tat's was not that.

Content with his work, Ratt leaned back and securely placed his arms behind his head as he reclined. He entertained himself by watching students scribble on the paper like toddlers finger painting, only narrowly avoiding the urge to smack someone's arm to cause them to mess up. For now he'd be nice, at least, to prove to that Akane guy that he wasn't going to cause issues.

"We ain't here for drawing maps, though, right? We're all gay."

Welp. There went any essence of hesitance or slowly introducing that topic of discussion.

Clearly Ratt had no intentions of beating around the bush when it came to the actual purpose of the club. His voice was loud, not holding back in wariness of bringing to surface what he was here for. He'd come to meet someone like himself, and if this turned out to be the wrong place he'd be in for quite the rude awakening.

Interactions: Willow ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ), no one else I can't handle it

♢Andrew "Ark" Markson♢
Interaction: Ratt ( _clown_ _clown_ ), Jeremy ( Direct Timing Direct Timing ), Diana ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )
The tension was easily dropped like Woody's nightmare at the last person's entrance and the assigned art project. As serious as some of these kids made themselves out to be. They were still kids. Most kids like markers. Most like to give themselves a marker high too. A lil' occupied by the perimeters of project, Ark let Jeremy guide him from the floor to Diana. An awkward thumbs up as comfort probably didn't mean that much. But It was probably better then continuing throwing his two cents around. Or staring holes into people. A marker of blue and the offer of food accepted, Ark sprawled flat beside Jeremy with a general idea in mind. Dragons were cool as hell. Being here was an adventure itself. Why not honor his last club and draw a Dungeons and Dragons inspired map? The marker simply drifted like a puppet-on-string, allowing the beast to spring to life without much planning. Most of the best things Ark made were on the coattails of inspiration. A notable eye there. The hint of teeth there. A paw curled against it body. Another river to cut through the blank space. Another lake. And there. Done.

map-jpg.964285

He gently tapped Jeremy's shoulder to share. Whistling low his appreciation of his comrade's drawing. Detail stuff may have been his jam, but tech wasn't his strong suit. It kinda reminded him of a whale fall. New life, new growth built on top of the bones of the old. Robots building on the case of the Gundam. "Dude that's fucking sick, and you got a name too? Nice. I'm not good at naming stuff that isn't a stupid obscure reference. 'Ark'-" A dramatic air-quotes from the ground. "-a prime example. Got any suggestions?" Before they could get wrapped up too much in their individual conversations again, it seemed Ratt, at least that's what he caught from the bits of conversation, was done with the tip-toeing. He gave a good natured shrug at the development. "Somewhere on the spectrum, or at least questioning I'll guess. I really thought this be a next episode reveal but... it was kind of obvious. I'll give you props for choosing something new and out of left field." Ark rested his head on-top of his arms with a puff, keeping is tone playful to avoid sparking more conflict. "But I'll admit that Cartography's a strech. At least you didn't choose Petrology, with all the rocks I'd haul home to still seem sane, I don't think any amount of sprinkles would smooth it over with Rocko."

anime-boy-sunlight-fence-rooftop-clouds-sky-25635.jpeg
Jeremy looked up at them. They had green hair and a nice smile. He laughed at their joke. “It says, Abaraya.” Jeremy said in almost perfect Japanese. “Which means ’My Home’. This is where me and my family and friends live now.” Jeremy said imaginatively. His eyes lingered on them for a moment trying to determine if they were born a boy or a girl. Their voice seemed more neutral so Jeremy wasn’t sure and finally he went back to drawing. Not that it mattered to Jeremy what sex they were. He just wanted to make new friends and he was always curious about boys becoming girls and girls becoming boys and it all seemed so exciting and he secretly wanted to have sex with both because why not?

The fallen Gundam was lying on it’s back, it’s left left leg arched up. The left arm had been blown off and the right arm was sprawled to the side. A few meters away was a single metal sword that had landed blade first into the ocean and defiantly protruding waiting to be drawn and it’s owner avenged. Jeremy began humming a tune as Ark sat down next to him. After drawing for a bit Jeremy felt Ark tapping his shoulder and he looked over at Ark. He gave Ark a smile at the compliment. “Thanks Ark. What did you draw?” Jeremy said scooting closer to Ark’s body until they slightly touched to get a better look at his drawing. “Whoa, is that like entire islands in the shape of a dragon? That is so freaking cool!” Jeremy said. “Oh uh a name? How about...how about The Blue Dragon Isles?”

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus

Last edited:
Derrion "Der" Helms
Der for posts.jpg

Der sighed rubbing his hand on the back of his neck after Akane jerked away from him. He wondered if his actions had only managed to upset his friend, the feeling slightly forming a pit in his stomach. Biting his lip he glanced around noticing the vibe of the room was a little tense until Diana spoke up holding out markers. Looking back to where the other guy was, he was somewhat surprised to find he'd moved away and was scribbling with the previously mentioned markers. Snapping back to what he was previously set on doing, he moved towards the food table and plopped the bag of snacks down. Gesturing to the bag as he made his way to the markers, Der said, "I brought snacks, so don't hesitate to dig in. Oh and someone take those chips cause I can't take em back." Der looked at the assorted colors before plucking a red one and a black one.

He glanced at the map with all of the rest of the club members' drawings, admiring the talent and…courage they had to put detailed images on there. Knowing he could barely write legibly, Der decided on something simple and classic as an addition. He scanned the paper before picking out a small spot in the ocean where he drew a couple small islands. Though he was no where near an artist, he focused on making the drawing as nice as he could, carefully outlining the islands in black after the red. On one of the larger islands he put a big X for "x marks the spot" before scrawling THE CAY OF RICHES around the area because treasure island was way too simple.

After he'd finished his drawing, he leaned up just as the green haired guy that he'd separated from Akane spoke up. The question was so direct that it made Der chuckle a little. As a slightly familiar person replied to the question, Der took a seat on an armchair somewhat across from the dude that asked the question. After the first person answered, Der spoke up, "Well I'm pan, so yeah I'm definitely a member of the alphabet mafia."

Tags: _clown_ _clown_ bambino bambino Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus

Rurikawa.Yuki.600.2826897.jpg8817456a1d2006df4da3e49de8837c82.jpg

Willow St. Ives && Diana Miller

An amused smirk appeared on Wilow's lips upon hearing Ratt's answer. "You may have some confused patrons, then," they said, "or perhaps... pleasantly surprised." They considered asking if he'd hire them there but figured that was a little too forward. The bit about tattoos was something they could work off of instead. "Since you like tattoos, do have any? I'd love to seem them!"

A small smile appeared on their face upon hearing Jeremy's explanation. "Aww, that's so sweet! Do all your family and friends get mechs too?" they asked. "If so, I'd certainly like to visit one day!" Jeremy's landmark wasn't as dirty as Ratt's, so Willow held back with any flirting. They'd keep it nice and wholesome, at least for now.

Meanwhile, Diana seemed pleased with herself upon seeing people drawing. There was no more conflict or tension. She had to stifle a chuckle and resist rolling her eyes at Ratt's work, but she wasn't a teacher or anyone of the sort who would criticize him. Both Ark and Jeremy seemed to be very artistic, something she found herself slightly jealous of. The one who broke up the fight, Derrion, seemed to have a pirate theme going on with his work. There were islands, an X, and something called a "'Cay' of Riches". That would be a word for her to look up later. It was probably a synonym for island, she assumed.

She had started on her own landmark, which coincidentally resembled her house and had a bunch of stick figures in front of it. It might have been a little difficult to make out, but each figure had a feature which was prominent among one person currently in the group, whether it was green hair or a silver bat.

Sadly, her peace wasn't meant to last, and her hand ended up slipping when Ratt spoke up once again. The pink-haired girl looked up to see everyone's reaction. When people started talking though, she let out a soft sigh of relief.

"Yeah... the Cartography Club is actually a kind of support group for LGBT kids. A place for us to just be ourselves and hang out," she explained. "We had to make it somewhat easy to figure out but also easy to deny." She wouldn't have said that they were obvious necessarily, but maybe the rainbow on the flyers were too much of a giveaway. "The school and town, uh... they aren't too keen on a club like this existing. As for why we chose Cartography Club... well, if someone isn't out to their friends, their friends will most likely find it too dull of an idea to want to tag along." The girl let out a soft chuckle. "Oh, and since we're talking about how we identify, I'm hella gay."

_clown_ _clown_ Direct Timing Direct Timing Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus nessie_sc nessie_sc

♢Andrew "Ark" Markson♢
Interaction: Jeremy ( Direct Timing Direct Timing ) , Willow & Diana ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )
As playful as their tone was the words quickly turned sour on their tongue. Ark had his suspicions, but to have Diana confirm at least a small part made their joke seem distasteful. Not that the joke was understood anyways. Note to self, Sesame Street and Undertale references don't make for a personality. Shifting into a sitting position, he fixed the pink-haired lass an honestly apologetic look."I'm not denying it was a smart decision on your part. Map-making unless you're a DnD buff, or writer would bore most. And on the other hand, it'll be easy to falsify evidence with these lil' projects-" The dragon-esqe map fluttering on it's paper confines as Ark gestured with it. "-every once in a while... But we can throw contingency plans at the dart board later." Waving off the growing cloud of unease and they finally returned his attention to Jeremy... Whom had gotten closer... Which wasn't a problem. Nope. Not at all. It's definitely not like if Ark had a tail, it would be wagging... It had been awhile since someone's just shared the same space as them...

It was sweet the way Jeremy explained the name of his drawing to the green-haired individual that stopped by. If anything, the only answer Ark could muster is that he could see his family playing a DnD game with his drawing. Or maybe a tattoo idea his grandma would have him sketch. She always wanted to get one of his creations inked, but he'd always be too much of a perfectionist to choose a design. But at least the dragon shape still translated over. And with Jeremy's suggestion it had a name now too. "The Blue Dragon Isles, huh? Makes it sound like some kind of fantasy anime location." With how close the two of them it was easy to bump shoulders with Jeremy with a toothy grin. The action came easy despite how long it had been since they were comfortable to do that. It took Ark a long time not to feel like a venomous spike ball with his own family, so to immediately fall into comfortable contact with someone new... Maybe this club was a good choice after-all. "It's great!"

SMALL_anime-boy-sunlight-fence-rooftop_Small-clouds-sky-25635.jpegIt was nice getting a compliment from the green haired person named Willow. “Yeah why not! Everyone needs a mech to destroy the bad people.” Jeremy said. He smiled and looked up at Willow. Come visit anytime, it’s safe here for all of us.” Jeremy looked back to Ark. “Yeah that’s a cool name. Here,” Jeremy said reaching just above Ark’s drawing and wrote “諸島”with his orange marker. “Uhm, I think that says Blue Dragon but I would need to double check.” Jeremy stared at it a moment and whispered “The Blue Dragon Isles”. Jeremy pointed to the eye of the dragon and said, “Look Ark! That’s where the honorable Samurai live in service to their great Emperor Ark and his family!”

He looked up at Diana with a grin when she said ‘I'm hella gay.’ That was cool. Jeremy thought to himself. Jeremy was hella gay too and was feeling thankful that there was such a place as this that they all could gather in safety. Jeremy looked at Daina’s drawing. “Hey that’s cool Daina, is that your house and family?” Jeremy asked not realizing that the stick figures represented the people currently around her.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Willow & Daina) Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus (Ark)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back