• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

snakeg0dd

living paradox

• N
    SERIES

The Amalgam Universe: A New Crusade

While flying heroes battle alien invaders, crime runs rampant and new threats are constantly stepping into the light. These vigilantes and street-level heroes try to fight corruption and bring justice to their depraved city.

TV-MA

POPULAR SCENES:

NETFLIX
HOME
PLOT
RULES

ADULT

Last edited:
snakeg0dd snakeg0dd

Got a specific power level in mind?

Obviously this is going to be a "street level" story,are you going exclusively for Punisher or Question or Rorschach types? Or are you going to allow characters with low-level powers in this RP as well?

I’m looking to throw my hat back into the ring, I’m interested in playing as an antagonist!

snakeg0dd snakeg0dd

Got a specific power level in mind?

Obviously this is going to be a "street level" story,are you going exclusively for Punisher or Question or Rorschach types? Or are you going to allow characters with low-level powers in this RP as well?
this is a great question and this is for anyone else wondering too, I suppose. so I’m willing to allow characters with low-level/street-level powers (something like Static or even Wolverine to an extent, but characters with the power level of Superman or some high powered mutant would be hard to incorporate into the flow of this story). So yes, powers can be included just within a reasonable limit. And I’m more than willing to hear your character ideas out and see if everything would work fine

okay, tiny oopsy on my part. i may or may not have got caught up in playing Elden Ring (no one will ever know, haha :/) but anyways, I am very close to having the CS template and my own example up so I hope y'all are hype because it will definitely be out today

snakeg0dd snakeg0dd that's good to hear.

So I guess this is as good a time as any to hammer out a few details.

You mentioned Batman in the initial post in this thread.

Do you expect us to assume the existence of Bruce Wayne the Batman and associated characters in the setting when creating our own characters and plots?

Or is this going to be an entirely independent universe and the scene setting is basically there to tell us "there was a vigilante known as the Batman,but he's gone now"?

Lol missing Batman. TBH the bigger problem is the missing BILLIONAIRE. Imagine.... soooooo like anyone seen the head of the Wayne Corp. Mr. Bruce Wayne lately? No? Maybe he's tending to all those Bruises and Cuts on the lower part of his face... AGAIN. Wait. He's actually for real missing?! NO! Dammit!! Someone call Batman! Wait WUT?!

K but srsly now. Questions!

1) RPN or Discord for OOC?
2) Do we have to make a CS for antagonists we make up or just basic info?
3) Are you looking more for Defenders Netflix and lower powers cuuuuuuz tbh Static and Wolverine are defo higher tier powered supers right? But thinking for my charrie either not-Shadowcat or not-Nightcrawler from X-men Evolution or not-Rahne from New Mutants if that works?
You're character should be low to no-power, very street-level on that front—obviously. There are plenty of abilities and powers that can be utilized without your character being nigh-omnipotent. And don't forget power restraints and weaknesses, my dear friends. Also, your character shouldn't be overly special. As a reminder, this story will be progressive, and as such it would be much more appropriate to see your character develop in some way. They shouldn't be overly skilled and flawless off the bat.

snakeg0dd snakeg0dd that's good to hear.

So I guess this is as good a time as any to hammer out a few details.

You mentioned Batman in the initial post in this thread.

Do you expect us to assume the existence of Bruce Wayne the Batman and associated characters in the setting when creating our own characters and plots?

Or is this going to be an entirely independent universe and the scene setting is basically there to tell us "there was a vigilante known as the Batman,but he's gone now"?
the latter

Lol missing Batman. TBH the bigger problem is the missing BILLIONAIRE. Imagine.... soooooo like anyone seen the head of the Wayne Corp. Mr. Bruce Wayne lately? No? Maybe he's tending to all those Bruises and Cuts on the lower part of his face... AGAIN. Wait. He's actually for real missing?! NO! Dammit!! Someone call Batman! Wait WUT?!

3) Are you looking more for Defenders Netflix and lower powers cuuuuuuz tbh Static and Wolverine are defo higher tier powered supers right? But thinking for my charrie either not-Shadowcat or not-Nightcrawler from X-men Evolution or not-Rahne from New Mutants if that works?
1.) I was going to ask the community what they were feeling for that. I'm not well affiliated with Discord, but I do think it's easier to use. (I just don't know how to do all the fancy stuff, lol)
2.) The main antagonist will have their own CS but lower antagonists should just be basic info. If you want to include some more fleshed out details, that's totally okay but the bar is lower for the antagonists.
3.) Static and Wolvy definitely have higher-level abilities, but if you put the right restrictions and limits on them then it should work. Like, for Wolverine, let's say you give the character the indestructible metal claws and his animalistic sense of smell, but you put a limit on his healing factor and other senses. And just saying this—not because of anything you mentioned or because I have a feeling this may help you in some way—but teleportation and phasing would be acceptable. Again though, limits. Maybe they can't phase through a certain metal/material; and maybe the character needs to have seen or visited the place before teleporting. :)

I also had ideas for Nightcrawler and Wolverine. Funny that. 😆

1.) I was going to ask the community what they were feeling for that. I'm not well affiliated with Discord, but I do think it's easier to use. (I just don't know how to do all the fancy stuff, lol)
2.) The main antagonist will have their own CS but lower antagonists should just be basic info. If you want to include some more fleshed out details, that's totally okay but the bar is lower for the antagonists.
3.) Static and Wolvy definitely have higher-level abilities, but if you put the right restrictions and limits on them then it should work. Like, for Wolverine, let's say you give the character the indestructible metal claws and his animalistic sense of smell, but you put a limit on his healing factor and other senses. And just saying this—not because of anything you mentioned or because I have a feeling this may help you in some way—but teleportation and phasing would be acceptable. Again though, limits. Maybe they can't phase through a certain metal/material; and maybe the character needs to have seen or visited the place before teleporting. :)
In regards to the first point, I personally prefer to keep things on site but I'm willing to bow to the majority.

K awesome thx for answers.

1) no to discord. Yeah damn allergies lol but hey if we all down for RPN OOC am Sooooo in for this
2) k I can put forth ideas but get all anxious like tryna beating up other rpers tbh
3) k will wait to see your charrie sample then
But to keep it simple will just muse on a shapeshifter then rn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back