• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
'ello everyone! Little announcement because I need to get it out of the way:

From here on, you are allowed to timeskip. HOWEVER, here are the rules, which I've tried to make as straightforward as possible.

1. Everyone in your group must agree to a timeskip. In the case that someone is not active and cannot respond, I and my co-GMs will be looking at the situation on a case-by-case basis in order to prevent any pressure to remain as active as the others.
2. Timeskips are localized. Let's clarify that: if Group A in, say, Tokyo, decide to timeskip to tomorrow morning, it does not affect Group B, who is in Tokyo as well, just on the other side of the city, or Group C, who is in Manhattan. Group A's actions are now taking place at a different time than Group B.
3. You must clarify when your actions are taking place. Continuing from the above example, Group B should clarify what time their post is taking place in (it doesn't need to be detailed down to the last minute), i.e. prefixing the post with "10 AM, following day" Other groups are not required to timestamp their posts at this time.

Rules are liable to change as we go along. But for now, I have to somehow solve the issue of people wanting a timeskip while working around the fact that we'd all have to coordinate a universal timeskip since this is an open sandbox.

Feedback is encouraged. You may contact me on Discord or on RPN through DMs.

Regular posts will resume soon, hopefully over the weekend. Stay epic!

The Sole Survivor
6 AM
Nate woke up on the sidewalk of Vegas, People taking pictures as he got up in his T-51B Nuka Cola paint job power armor. "Damn...He's one rude son of a..." Nate turned around to find himself staring at a...A zombie of some sort? He aimed his Minigun at the zombie and in an instant, it was shredded to pieces. "The fuck...?" He bent down to examine the demon-like being.

Sasaki was good, better than what he expected, even. The man moved like water, even when his blade was knocked away from his hands, he found it within himself to be able to react and quickly move. But so was Yoriichi. Quickly seeing that he was able to grab his blade back to himself once more, Yoriichi's world slowed down in his vision. He could see Sasaki every so slowly approaching him with his blade midair... And Yoriichi was quick to reply with his own counterattack.

Sun Breathing, Fourth Form: Fake Rainbow.
Moving with extremely high-speed twists and rotations of his body, Yoriichi's body seemed to be multiplying. Sasaki had landed and gone through what appeared to be one of those fake Yoriichi's,s that soon disappeared in the wind. Afterimages, created by him moving so quickly. Even if Sasaki had seemingly good vision, it was still extremely hard to tell the afterimages apart from the real deal that was Yoriichi. He seemed to be moving all over the place...! That, combined with his own lack of presence, made it especially hard to figure out where he was!

!!!

391402.jpg

Behind Sasaki, a figure with pure white eyes could be seen, his sheathed sword raised in the air, ready to unleash a thrust right at the fake swordsman's back. Yoriichi Tsuginuki- completely concentrating on defeating his opponent.

• Nebula
    Not much to do but spectate the two. And seeing how Sam is a bit tight-lipped on the topic at hand (and switching it to another), might as well explain it to her
    "Well uh, yea. I own a Sanctuary... It's usually the place I go to whenever I wanna take a break and relax.... As for Claire and Twigla, well... I met Claire back in this place called Las Vegas, and we came here and fought those necromorphs together... And Twigla.... Well, yes, she is from my home world... She usually crafts furniture for me. I bring the ingredients to her, she makes them for me. Idunno if I can still even go there.... Maybe I'll try it later..."
    Welp, back to watching the fight and... By the Queens, Yoriichi is fast! So fast that there's multiple of him! And it looks like he's going for the finishing blow! Well, that's what the master of Breathing Techniques could really do... Neb is speechless... Looks like the man he looks up to can really pull this off!

latest

Assassin, Sasaki Kojirō
condition: normal​
Sun Breathing, Fourth Form: Fake Rainbow.
It would only be by those words that would realize what had occurred during that moment. Where the splitting image of Yoriichi took its place as that attack passed through. Like a ghost indeed. A small, but notable smile would come on his face.

So the demon slayer decided to engage with a cunning trick of his own. A myriad of clones from yet another one of his techniques, certainly a fake rainbow. This was a new one for him, to deal with a multitude of after images. it was no Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon, but after images are still after images, all done within a single breath none the less. Combined that with the demon slayer's lack of significant drive and its almost nullfying prence on Sasaki's own skils makes finding the real one much more of an issue. Still, it's possible.
391402.jpg
Behind Sasaki, a figure with pure white eyes could be seen, his sheathed sword raised in the air, ready to unleash a thrust right at the fake swordsman's back. Yoriichi Tsuginuki- completely concentrating on defeating his opponent.

The thrust from one such a clone, from the demon slayer now committed to defeating his opponent. His current predicament providing no way to tell the real from the fakes, It was not ideal, but he is going to haft to deal with them...one by one. So he jumped back from the trust, swinging his five foot blade from the left. He expects this one to be a fake, and if so, he will not stop the swing. No, he will intend to bring the unused force back around, intending to strike down the next unlucky clone.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck SkipTheKip SkipTheKip Emiya Shin Emiya Shin

July 25th, 2077
05:25:10

The sounds of murmuring can be heard as V sits atop the trunk of his Quadra, the car, blackened steel against the night and the darkness of the evening as he stares quietly at the sight of the horizon that barely touches the edge of the ocean, the sun, slowly creeping above the water as a shimmering reflection can be seen. A satisfied nod as he watches it slowly rise, the smell of burning wood and ashes, the sight of several empty glass bottles of beer can be seen laid astray the dirt and sand. A look over V's shoulder to see tens, twenties, to thirties of cars, laid and parked about with various tents filled with light. A small cat is seen laying across his lap, peacefully asleep with soft "purrs" as V slowly ran his hand along the fur of the back of the Persian Kitten, a small grin at the feline's tail's flickering and waving about. "How long you gonna push it back..", says a very gruff and groaned voice beside V, a recognizable one at that. "Give her, about, 10 seconds..", V replies with a grin, still nodding as the sun slowly rises further and further up, illuminating the sand and the surface as the sounds of footsteps in sand begin to sound like stomping closer and closer and closer. "Yeah good luck with that.", the other replies, letting out a chuckle as the sound of hissing can be heard. The pacing of stomping in sand is now closer, resulting in what can be heard as angry yelling when a glass bottle suddenly lands near his foot, throwing up some sand up, causing the poor kitten to jump in fear and hop off, stretching.

"YOU COULD'VE TOLD ME EARLIER YOU KNOW! NOT ALLUDE TO SOME JOKE WITH MITCH YOU GONK!", says the voice of what can be recognized as a female, coming closer to suddenly sock a hardened fist at V's shoulder. V looks over at the approaching character, seeing the face of such a strong, beautiful, yet angry woman. "Sorry Panam", V replies with a chuckle, holding out a hand to which Panam takes as she takes a seat beside him on the vehicle's backside, "You just gained another powerful ally for the Aldelcaldos, can't go ruin your enjoyment and celebration." "But it's clearly about us!", she replies with a shake of the head, "You KNOW I would toss and push anything to the side to help you figure things out, we still need to find out old contacts, our old friends.." V looks at her with his smile, shaking his head as he then nods, giving her hand a gentle reassuring rub, "Well, that's something I didn't want, it would've made me feel bad about things, or possibly make it even worse." Panam shakes her head once again with a look of annoyance, before standing up, "What's your plan in mind then.." "I'm gonna head back to the West side of the States, I'll try to figure something out, maybe I just need to take some of my own self nomading, y'know? Don't know how long or far this will take." Panam looks back to V with a softened face, moving closer as she brings both of her hands to his own, "Why not the Aldelcaldos, you KNOW they would do anything for you, with what we've both done for the clan.. They're your FAMILY V.." V shakes his head, smiling, "And that's why you're not coming along, I need to figure this out, YOU need to focus on the Aldelcaldos, keep them together and in line. I can't let them take their precious time and resources for one man, so you're not changing my mind on this."

Panam looks down at the bottom near where V's feet are, taking a deep breath before looking back up to V, slowly leaning closer, "Just, promise you'll come back to me, okay?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 25th, 2077
08:30:19

The sound of the loud engine of the Quadra can be heard, ripping and tearing its way through the desert with the roar of its engine, sand and soot being thrown about in its wake as it carves its way through the Earth. V casually sets the car on auto, lying back with his arms behind his head as he keeps his eyes on the road, Mr. Nibbles meowing as he hops from the backseat back onto V's lap, purring once more. The Free Merc grins as he brings a hand to the cat, scratching his ear and running his hand and fingers along the creature's back. As the radio suddenly sparks to a familiar Rock Station, the sounds of what can only be Samurai can begin to be heard playing through the speakers, V smirking as he nods and casually hums along, before beginning to hear some strings being tuned and are now playing in the correct tone and sound of the now playing song, "Never Fade Away" as some boots are now seen on the passenger side of the car atop the dash.

Johnny Fuckin' Silverhand.

"Took you long enough to finally hit the road V, you know we got no time to waste.", The Rockerboy says with a shake of his own head, still casually strumming and tuning his black guitar, "Although, I'll have to give you a pass on that for the, extra curricular activities." V shakes his head and looks over, seeing the shimmering hologram of his companion in the passenger seat as he continues to pet the cat. "Didn't know how long I'm gonna be gone or when I'll come back, just wanted to give and show her an incentive to wait." Johnny lets out a laugh before bringing up a cigarette, letting in a breath and exhaling before nodding, "I mean yeah, we're pretty much the same person at this point, excluding and not forgetting my place in the world, and your whole strange decision of keeping me around and destroying Mikoshi, when you could've gotten rid of me altogether." Johnny takes off his aviators with a grin, crossing his arms as he looks to V, "Despite our time together, you still manage to surprise me V."

Mr. Nibbles let's out a soft meow, to which V grins, nodding in return to Johnny's comment. "Well, looks like you're gonna have to get used to that." Both Johnny and V begin to let out some laughter, before what seems like a strange glow begins to envelope and surround the Quadra. "What th-!", V shouts, picking up Mr. Nibbles and putting him on the compartment lid between the driver's seat and the passenger seat. Johnny lifts his feet, moving it to the ground as he slips on his aviators, now staring at the glowing spectacle, "V, tell me what the fuck is going on!" The Quadra now is completely covered in what seems like purple lightning, a trail of flames appearing from the wheels of the vehicle, leaving scattered flames in the rear. "You're in my head Johnny! You tell me!", V yells back, now both hands on the steering wheel trying to stop the car from its unknown actions. The vehicle, now accelerates to its max, roaring loudly at 180 MPH as the windshield, despite being in the middle of the day, is completely covered in sparks and purple lightning. As V is now desperately pulling and yanking the steering wheel in all directions as physically possible, Johnny looks at V with a straight face. "Whatev's happening V, looks like we aren't gonna be in Kansas anymore!"

Followed by the sounds of the two males, loudly yelling accompanied by the panicked shrieking from Mr. Nibbles.

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!!"

giphy-4.gif

In mere seconds, the vehicle is zapped by the lightning, disappearing with a trail of flames left in the sand and dust. No remnant of its existence, other than the trail of tire treads.

Last edited:

• Eric's Apartment

"Hey, hey, slow down! Okay, look, I'm not really sure how it works, but it's definitely not a little fire. Think it's got something to do with radiation, which is a whole 'nother-" Eric stops, having heard Marvin's question. "...wait, how else would you build it? Make it a circle? That sounds like a nightmare to build. Maybe microwaves in the future are shaped that way. Right?" He turns to Leighton. "If they can insta-cook food, I'm sure someone found a way to pack one into the shape of a sphere."

The Espeon then steps away from the counter and yawns.

"Ugh... sorry, guys. Had a long day. I'll take more questions about my kitchen appliances tomorrow, but I'm gonna go to sleep for now. You guys can feel free to take my bed if you want. I'm gonna sleep on the floor tonight. Wake me up if there's an emergency."

He walks into the living room, takes a fluffy blanket off the couch, sets it on the ground beside Natasha, curls up in the middle, and begins to softly snore just moments after he shuts his eyes.

RE-1, meanwhile, gladly accepts the headpats, lightly bouncing around like an excited puppy. The robot turns its head and opens a compartment on the side of it. Inside is a few syringes, the liquid inside each glowing a neon green. Perhaps they heal... or something? That might come in handy.

flowerfan19283 flowerfan19283 xLovepupx xLovepupx Monarch381 Monarch381 Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara LilacMonarch LilacMonarch MCProvata MCProvata

Miu

"HEY!"

The storeowner was quick to react. As soon as the pastry was stolen, the casually-dressed man jumped right over the counter and dashed after the fox. There's no way he'd let even some random animal get away with shoplifting; shapeshifting Offworlders are a pretty common sight, after all!

His sense of justice is soon replaced by the sensation of his face hitting the pavement.

He picks his head up, blood dripping from his nose. His eyes meet with the masked face of a cloaked figure, a short cape flowing freely behind them.

"Y-You! Guardian!" The storeowner rises to his feet and puts his hands on the Guardian's shoulders. "Sh-Shoplifter! Shoplifter!"

"Calm down, old man. I saw it," the stranger says as he pushes the man's arms away. "Sit tight, I'll be back soon." With that, he runs off after Miu, mumbling, 'This had better be an Offworlder...'

MCProvata MCProvata

• confusion.png
    The hell? Some freaky cloaked weirdo's on my tail. Literally. Wonder if I make a quick turn and hide in some trash bin, he'll miss me...
    That's exactly what I did.

Attachments

• Happy.png
    Happy.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Happy.png
    Happy.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
(more posts soon™)

• CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials

Just when it looked like they were in serious trouble, arrive help did.

"Take this!"
    RichSilkyKingsnake-size_restricted.gif

Projectiles of light scatter around them, each one destroying a heartless until none were left. For now.

A teenage boy with spiky hair and an odd weapon shaped like a giant key walks over to them.
    latest

"You guys okay?"

Character 1Lilith
Lilith.png
As the heartless started to draw closer and closer with each step towards Lilith and Kendall, the blocky ally brought out another one of his weapons, this time being a long sword, and swings it at the shadowy creatures. Though his arm was moving rather slow he was cutting the heartless at a efficient pace, but this wasn't enough to fend them off as they continued to come closer. Kendall requests that they should back up and Lilith nods in agreement without uttering a word.

The two of them start to back up while Kendall continues to swing at them and it seem as if they were starting to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of them, but as soon as if they were about to be some serious danger a swarm of light rained down and finished all of them off, at least for all of them in the area that is. As Lilith let out a sigh of relief a spiky haired teenage boy with a large key walks up to the both of them and asks if they're okay. "Yeah we're fine, thanks." She says seemingly exhausted, she'd assumed that he was the one that shot those light beams.

Character 2Right Hand Man
Right Hand Man.png
The Right hand man was one of the only people left chilling out in the ramen shop, he seemed to still be watching the tv as he was waiting for his food. He was kind of bored at the moment and conserving on leaving but instead he just sat in his seat not doing much of anything. As he was by himself he looked out the window and watched everything outside. "I wonder how he's holding up." He's tells himself in relation to the doom slayer going of to take care with some of the demons.

Mentions:
Lilith: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Kendall) and LilacMonarch LilacMonarch (Sora and Heartless)
RHM: Stricken Steel Stricken Steel (Doom Slayer)

• Eric's Apartment

"Hey, hey, slow down! Okay, look, I'm not really sure how it works, but it's definitely not a little fire. Think it's got something to do with radiation, which is a whole 'nother-" Eric stops, having heard Marvin's question. "...wait, how else would you build it? Make it a circle? That sounds like a nightmare to build. Maybe microwaves in the future are shaped that way. Right?" He turns to Leighton. "If they can insta-cook food, I'm sure someone found a way to pack one into the shape of a sphere."

The Espeon then steps away from the counter and yawns.

"Ugh... sorry, guys. Had a long day. I'll take more questions about my kitchen appliances tomorrow, but I'm gonna go to sleep for now. You guys can feel free to take my bed if you want. I'm gonna sleep on the floor tonight. Wake me up if there's an emergency."

He walks into the living room, takes a fluffy blanket off the couch, sets it on the ground beside Natasha, curls up in the middle, and begins to softly snore just moments after he shuts his eyes.

RE-1, meanwhile, gladly accepts the headpats, lightly bouncing around like an excited puppy. The robot turns its head and opens a compartment on the side of it. Inside is a few syringes, the liquid inside each glowing a neon green. Perhaps they heal... or something? That might come in handy.

flowerfan19283 flowerfan19283 xLovepupx xLovepupx Monarch381 Monarch381 Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara LilacMonarch LilacMonarch MCProvata MCProvata

Miu

"HEY!"

The storeowner was quick to react. As soon as the pastry was stolen, the casually-dressed man jumped right over the counter and dashed after the fox. There's no way he'd let even some random animal get away with shoplifting; shapeshifting Offworlders are a pretty common sight, after all!

His sense of justice is soon replaced by the sensation of his face hitting the pavement.

He picks his head up, blood dripping from his nose. His eyes meet with the masked face of a cloaked figure, a short cape flowing freely behind them.

"Y-You! Guardian!" The storeowner rises to his feet and puts his hands on the Guardian's shoulders. "Sh-Shoplifter! Shoplifter!"

"Calm down, old man. I saw it," the stranger says as he pushes the man's arms away. "Sit tight, I'll be back soon." With that, he runs off after Miu, mumbling, 'This had better be an Offworlder...'

MCProvata MCProvata

DM1-5

"I do not have a physical form sadly, But you have met Dr. Samuel Hayden, Yes?" VEGA asked as the Slayer looked at the screen. "Also, You are quite welcome my friend. I might possibly...Have a form I can manifest. But the Mortals of this realm would be scared of a Titan from aboard here, The Slayer's Fortress."​

• Eric's Apartment

Eric doesn't respond to Natasha's paw on his head. Fast asleep. zzz

RE-1, however, chirps in agreement at the explanation of the microwave. "Bweet-bwoo!" It then hops around Olwen, once again like some kind of excited puppy. Seems it's taken a liking to her.

You can still hear the sounds of panic in the streets below. It's an active city at the moment... for all the wrong reasons. Maybe it's best to get out of dodge as soon as possible.

Miu

The Hunter comes to a stop and looks around the alley. Empty, except for trash bags, discarded rubbish, and a few bins. No little fox in sight. He's just about to pull out his Ghost to scan for any life in the area when an idea hits him harder than a freight train.

The Ghost of the Guardian appears over his shoulder.

1609815783666.png

"Something you need, Rene?" she asks him.

"Yeah, can you confirm those reports of demons in Tokyo? And... go ahead and say it loud."

"Uh- alright. Yes, there was an urgent message from the Japanese military sent out to the Vanguard ten minutes ago. The city has been marked for lockdown, and the help of Offworlders has been requested."

"Streets unsafe?"

"For civilians, yes."

"How about potentially helpless Offworlders who could... easily get ripped apart by these things?"

"Under law, they are categorized with civilians in time of emergency. I thought you knew this."

"Just needed a refresher. Thanks. You can go back to your room now." With that, the Ghost rolls her eye and disappears as the Hunter leans against the wall and takes his hand cannon from its holster. As the showoff he is, he begins to spin it around his finger. "...would be a shame if you got killed out here, y'know. Not worth keeping whatever it is you stole," he says to no one in particular- but it's pretty clear that he knows Miu is somewhere around here.

MCProvata MCProvata

DM1-5

"The Titan...Its name is Atlan. Sadly, We only have the torso and head. As I know Already, Offworlders like us contain the knowledge to build me such a physical form." VEGA responded with a hint of sadness in his voice. "But...As you see Samuel in his current form, It did not end well for him at all." VEGA continued.

• sulk.png
    The hell was that all about?
    Easily ripped apart?

Normally that wouldn't bother me, but I'm not as strong here than back home.
    If there are demons running around, then there's no telling how strong they are here...
    "Hiee....." A whimper. I pushed over the trash can to let myself out.
    anxious.png
    Poof! The fox turned into a more human-looking fox! Holding stolen food.
    That thing the cloaked weirdo's holding. Greenie said that was a gun, didn't she?
    "...The hell is going on? I just needed to eat, y'know!"

• Miu

The cloaked man chuckles. "Calm down, I get the feeling. I've had to make a survival out of scrapping off others, too. It's what guys like me do. But I can offer more than what you swiped. Got an apartment smack dab in the middle of the city. Nice view, good food, and all you've gotta do is go return that," he points at the food, "to the store you stole it from. No big deal, right?"

He chuckles again.

"Name's Rene, by the way. What can I call you?"

MCProvata MCProvata

The Unchained Predator

"Yes, Indeed you can. You see, We need help accessing a satellite and I cannot. The technology is years behind but also In some way unhackable for us." VEGA stated. The Slayer pulled off his helmet with a small hissing sound, and sat it on his table. He sat down and recalled the events of his past. The mortals say they are simply from works of fiction, Worlds of Non-Existence. But the Slayer beleived their worlds actually existed, and this was a time where no superhuman and such things existed in person, But were created in the works of fiction.

• Guess I should roll with it for now.
    confusion2.png
    "F-Fine, I guess I'll return it..."

proud.png
    More importantly... I straighten up my stance!
    "I am called Miu, the Rainbow Mage! Where I'm from, I'm kind of a big deal." I proudly speak despite the anxious demeanor from earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back