• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Swords, Savagery, Sorcery, Sedition...

Which Aeon

• "Bronze"

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • "Iron"

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • "Lead"

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Any/All/Either

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This looks very interesting! I’d love to join if people are still being accepted! I’m a bit new to the format of RPN, so forgive me if I’m a bit slow trying to reply/finish a character sheet.

And that's the first Bond written up. I think by law I can now challenge our lovely GM to a fight to the death for control of the RP.

Gee if we’re there already: I think I oughta stake my potential claim! What with first character, noting about bonds and making a handy reference about the jist of the team at that point! : P

But in all seriousness, maaaybe bit early for that. And suppose kudos.

I apologize for the sudden lull in content. My kitty-baby got terribly sick and required emergency surgery. Operation went well, thank goodness, but it’s been a freakin’ week.

I’ll get the ball rolling again soon.

I should be able to pick her up today/tonight, so fingers crossed.

But I’ll be going through posted character sheets today as a means of distraction from everything else.

I tend to cap at 8-10 characters, so it’s pretty open. When it closes I’ll put a notice in the OP.

EDIT: The feline is fine. She’s now Little Miss Bonnet with her cone, and quivering in consternation because of it.

tenor.gif

The narrative relies on a slow burn for reveal, but in broader strokes:

You are all, for your own reasons, traversing the Ivory Road to its terminus in the ancient kingdoms of Yar-Ankhem. During your perilous crossing of "Sehkraksha's Desolation", you will set in motion a domino train of events (or at least become privy to the larger picture) that could lead to the reshaping of world powers.

StormWolf StormWolf

Okay, after skimming 5 pages of the interest check and scouring the lore I'm finally at a point where I feel I can ask this, how do demons/daemon fit into this world within the bronze age? Also, mongrels, how are they treated? As I have an idea for a cross between a Nkosi and one of the First-Born. But I want a little bit more info before I start delving into creating a character.

Demoniac forces are definitely more of a lovecraft-howard variety, gibbering and vile things that stalk the gaps between the spheres. Certain sorceries can lure, trap, and bind demons, which is how forbidden, dark lores are learned.

Mongrels/Mongrelfolk are typically outsiders among both roots of their kind, while others may disregard them as plainly freakish. With the Nkosi being a displaced people, they'll generally be more tolerant, but there are definitely parties centered around purity of their endangered race.

Demoniac forces are definitely more of a lovecraft-howard variety, gibbering and vile things that stalk the gaps between the spheres. Certain sorceries can lure, trap, and bind demons, which is how forbidden, dark lores are learned.

Mongrels/Mongrelfolk are typically outsiders among both roots of their kind, while others may disregard them as plainly freakish. With the Nkosi being a displaced people, they'll generally be more tolerant, but there are definitely parties centered around purity of their endangered race.
I was thinking of creating a character that became a daemon host in an attempt to gain power towards restoring the Nkosi and Wakayambi homelands. Having heard the tales of both lands that her family passed down through generations. I know, convoluted, but it was an idea. I am always open to going back to the drawing board though, so if it doesn't fit within the RP that's fine. :)

Oh, hell yeah. Daemon-pacts give me so, so much to work with!
I'm glad that I could give you something to be excited about. I'll start working on a character, though the bond portion of the CS may be a bit difficult as several of the characters so far are freaked out by magic. And as a roaming shaman with daemonic powers...you see where I'm going with this. lol.

An additional query for you, StormWolf StormWolf - what is the nature of magic (or sorcery, I suppose) in this setting? I'd be interested in making a magic-oriented character, but I want to make sure I'm maintaining the proper flavor/following the rules of the setting.

The narrative relies on a slow burn for reveal, but in broader strokes:

You are all, for your own reasons, traversing the Ivory Road to its terminus in the ancient kingdoms of Yar-Ankhem. During your perilous crossing of "Sehkraksha's Desolation", you will set in motion a domino train of events (or at least become privy to the larger picture) that could lead to the reshaping of world powers.

I'm definitely someone who enjoys Lovecraft's eldritch horrors (ever read Redhook?); so I'm on board with this rp; but I do have a question; and It's for my character. Would someone who Is Immortal be ok? I got this Idea where theres a tribe of warriors who are attacked by a demon; who In turn, kills all of them; leaving my character to return to the slaughter of his tribe and lets say long story short, he fights the demon with all his unbridled rage and eventually ends up the last man standing. Defeating the demon only to finally succumb to his fatal wounds; falling down Into the cold earth, he dies.... then a voice calls out to him. The goddess of death herself, In the flesh, so to speak; Impressed by his Incredibly valorous spirit and skills In combat; she makes a deal with him; In which he accepts. Therefore becoming what Is known and revered as a "Pale rider", those who have died and have risen once again to spread the Influence of the goddess and to enforce her will. Note he can die, just not by normal means. Let me know what you think, cause I also have another character that I can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back