• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Swords, Savagery, Sorcery, Sedition...

Which Aeon

• "Bronze"

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • "Iron"

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • "Lead"

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Any/All/Either

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And there, done. I've long disliked how fistfighting sorts tend to be locked to asian mystic monk types using chi magics in fantasy games and I really, really like fistfighting.

Last edited:
How does Yu Cheng feel about crime?

Well apart from Bandit Lords taking his stuff, Yu Cheng is pretty open to crime, as long as it isn't one of those roping schemes into 'now you are part of the crime family forever!' type deals. Can't stand those types of things. Got some criminality in mind?

My good friend Archon Archon has recommended this RP to me. I'm thoroughly impressed with the worldbuilding and, frankly, it's the only RP I've actually wanted to join for months. I'll be rolling in with multiple characters. If anyone wants to be a Meirikandar noble in exile with a loyal bodyguard then prefix pending Carles Galdon d'Alicante will stand by you.
dab74c311afa32d1f6ccec84fd989207.png

If nobody wants it then I'll have his charge have died off at some point when I make him.

StormWolf StormWolf May you please elaborate on the Meirikandar eunuch castes, and whether their prefixes go Ien'Firstname or in some other manner? If the eunuch castes aren't defined yet and are instead open to interpretation, then that's A-Okay as well.

Well apart from Bandit Lords taking his stuff, Yu Cheng is pretty open to crime, as long as it isn't one of those roping schemes into 'now you are part of the crime family forever!' type deals. Can't stand those types of things. Got some criminality in mind?
Oh you know, just the usual. Thievery, assassination, grave robbing. Nothing too bad.

Oh you know, just the usual. Thievery, assassination, grave robbing. Nothing too bad.

Yeah he’s totally cool with those. Only hesitant one would be grave robbing but that’s only if it has any chance of being a grave of like his long dead cousin twice removed or something.

For the record, Ajax is not the most moral man but he just sees no need for sneakery y'know. Why assassinate when you can take the challenge head on, why rob when you can earn a rightful prize and so on, and really if you're gonna do these things you might as well take worthwhile targets. Nothing grand about stealing from the average guy or looting sad old graves, but robbing the robber baron and raiding ancient dark tombs? Yeah that's not too bad.

Aside, I think we might be getting overstacked with frontliners between my mans, the shieldmaiden and now a very warrior-looking lizardman and bodyguard.

Aside, I think we might be getting overstacked with frontliners between my mans, the shieldmaiden and now a very warrior-looking lizardman and bodyguard.
Worry not, we can solve every imaginable problem with our swords, claws, and fists! :closed eyes open smile:

To be fair, we're the fabled group of heroes to save this perilous world from certain destruction. Maybe. Hopefully. It's only natural we have some proper brawn to stab those we dislike.

On the crime side, Asleif doesn't particularly care, so whilst being violent and stabby we're also lacking in morals.

My good friend Archon Archon has recommended this RP to me. I'm thoroughly impressed with the worldbuilding and, frankly, it's the only RP I've actually wanted to join for months. I'll be rolling in with multiple characters. If anyone wants to be a Meirikandar noble in exile with a loyal bodyguard then prefix pending Carles Galdon d'Alicante will stand by you.
dab74c311afa32d1f6ccec84fd989207.png

If nobody wants it then I'll have his charge have died off at some point when I make him.

StormWolf StormWolf May you please elaborate on the Meirikandar eunuch castes, and whether their prefixes go Ien'Firstname or in some other manner? If the eunuch castes aren't defined yet and are instead open to interpretation, then that's A-Okay as well.
There exists a third gender in Meirikandar society: that of the eunuchs, or Damiin. Healthy male babies may be sold at birth to the Damiin Guild where their manhoods are completely removed and the wounds closed with sorcery. The nature of such healing will change the manner in which the eunuch will develop. Those intended for domestic servitude, the Ien’, grow demure and supple, while the Il’ grow almost as tall as the Njornheimr. They are then trained as guards or soldiers, and later sold into the service of the wealthy. It is a crime to break the celibacy of a Damiin.

Meirikand uses black tattoos on the back of the neck to mark slaves, eunuchs, thralls, and criminals. In the three former cases, the tattoo tells where they were bought and who owns them. For criminals, it denotes the type and severity of the crime.

Yours would have the "Il'-" honorific.

I do apologize to the masses for some of the information gaps. I had to pick highlights for interest. The whole lore document would be asking you all to read ~80 pages of material and at that point, I'd have to charge you for it XD.

Look as long as all the frontliners remember the golden rule; no kill stealing. Should be fine! But variety the spice of life, and if there is a thing among things Yu Cheng knows it is spices.

To be fair, we're the fabled group of heroes to save this perilous world from certain destruction. Maybe. Hopefully. It's only natural we have some proper brawn to stab those we dislike.

On the crime side, Asleif doesn't particularly care, so whilst being violent and stabby we're also lacking in morals.
Well if we're going by the tone set by Conan, any grand heroics we do will likely be completely accidental or we're only involved due to love of money and/or status.

Don't forget the most relatable, human motivation: because the big bad pissed us off so we're ruining him out of spite.

I use the term heroes loosely. We look like a very talented - but very expensive - band of adventuring mercenaries, I can't wait to save the world because we want to sell the Big Bad's ritual book for thousands of gold with no knowledge of who he is.

I mean we're only probably gonna know him if he has deliberately angered one of our guys. Also expensive may or may not vary from time to time depending on intangible factors of 'would it be fun to give this guy a solid', 'how much can I make them owe me for this if I deny payment and rely on more nebulous favors', etc.

Which also speaking of; anyone have any bond ideas in mind yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back