• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Swords, Savagery, Sorcery, Sedition...

Which Aeon

• "Bronze"

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • "Iron"

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • "Lead"

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Any/All/Either

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depending on the Aeon, the races of Haelorin will hold different levels of power and different national names. I'll keep it simple until the time of play is defined:
-Human
-Elf (Eldrarii)
-Nkosi (feline beastfolk)
-Hemutaan (Dragonborn, Lizardfolk, Kobolds)
-Dreigzan (Dwarvenfolk)
-Ajaba (Gnolls, basically)
-Jarog (Orcs)
-Mongrels (a mixture of any of the two)
*eyes the Nkosi* Hmmmm... very tempting

Plus, its a boon for the economy!
W-wait, it also degrades human creativity? Oh.
Well...
Its a give and take, right? :neutralteeth:

What are your thoughts on slavery in this time period you're setting?
It definitely exists on a sliding scale dependant on individual national/imperial power. Small nomadic societies won’t likely have slaves, while sprawling empires definitely pad the workforce with “drafted laborers”.

I'll wait on info on the grecoroman equivalent for accuracy's sake but yea I definitely have my character well figured out.

I'll wait on info on the grecoroman equivalent for accuracy's sake but yea I definitely have my character well figured out.
Just added in the Humans. Cairon and Halcyon (and possibly Mazania) are going to be the ones you'll want to consider.

StormWolf StormWolf - Heyo so I threw my character on over at the other end.

For those over here wondering and thinking of making bonds; my guy, Yu Cheng, is a Taikang from noble standings who didn't want to deal with any of the pressures or responsibilities of his position and turned a new leaf to martial arts as he roams the world searching for fun and avoiding any and all long-term commitments that threaten to bring him back home. In shorter terms, a kung fu alchemist rebel.

I wouldn't know what to ask. I'm sorta familiar with Ajabas due to dnd. And I figure Nkosi are kinda like Khajit?
Ajaba are gnolls with less of the “barking mad” thing going. Nkosi... sure, if that helps you understand them better. They’re not inherently roguish like Khajiit tend to be.

StormWolf StormWolf A few questions for you: (1) What are your posting expectations for this roleplay? (2) I'm confused about the differences between the Unthlatu and the Unthlatu-mbanta, would you be so kind as to try and clear those up for me? (3) In terms of the map, where is the Black Jungle? And (4), do the Unthlatu occasionally interact with any other civilizations/people, and if so, who and what for?

Last edited:
This looks excellent, it's heartening to see the Bronze Age is getting so much love, it's one of my favourite settings and is extremely rare to come across in RP's

If you're considering playing an Unthlatu, I would be up for having my character having a connected backstory with another player. No pressure one way or the other, I just thought I'd mention it.
Hey I'm all up for connections with other characters

I've settled on my own character who will be a west Njornheim warrior, unsure of current bond potential until I finish the CS but progress is still nice.

StormWolf StormWolf A few questions for you: (1) What are your posting expectations for this roleplay? (2) I'm confused about the differences between the Unthlatu and the Unthlatu-mbanta, would you be so kind as to try and clear those up for me? (3) In terms of the map, where is the Black Jungle? And (4), do the Unthlatu occasionally interact with any other civilizations/people, and if so, who and what for?
1)Para/multi-para
2) Unthlatu have a more mteallic hue to their scales, feathered crests, and horns (males). Unthalu-mbanta are more earthen in color with shorter tails and their hands have three fingers and a thumb.
Tl;dr - Unthlatu are Draginborn, Unthlatu-mbanta are lizardfolk.
3) The Black Jungle can be found on the southwestern-most regions of the main landmass, with the isle of Unthlatu across from it.
4) They are nominally isolationists, but operate with a peculiar code of hospitality if proper homages are paid. If one of their kind violates sacred law, they are marked with the docking of their tail and cast out. From there, they'll have to find they way like any other wanderer. When you’ve got ancient secrets and golden temples, you usually like to keep it to yourself if you can help it :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back