• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Swords, Savagery, Sorcery, Sedition...

Which Aeon

• "Bronze"

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • "Iron"

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • "Lead"

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Any/All/Either

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There exists a third gender in Meirikandar society: that of the eunuchs, or Damiin. Healthy male babies may be sold at birth to the Damiin Guild where their manhoods are completely removed and the wounds closed with sorcery. The nature of such healing will change the manner in which the eunuch will develop. Those intended for domestic servitude, the Ien’, grow demure and supple, while the Il’ grow almost as tall as the Njornheimr. They are then trained as guards or soldiers, and later sold into the service of the wealthy. It is a crime to break the celibacy of a Damiin.

Meirikand uses black tattoos on the back of the neck to mark slaves, eunuchs, thralls, and criminals. In the three former cases, the tattoo tells where they were bought and who owns them. For criminals, it denotes the type and severity of the crime.

Yours would have the "Il'-" honorific.

I do apologize to the masses for some of the information gaps. I had to pick highlights for interest. The whole lore document would be asking you all to read ~80 pages of material and at that point, I'd have to charge you for it XD.
Eeeeexcellent. Thank you.

I can't wait to save the world because we want to sell the Big Bad's ritual book for thousands of gold with no knowledge of who he is.
"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF THE IMPORT OF THIS TOME?"
"Yup, it's worth a fortune. Now gimme, you fricking nerd."
"HOW DAREST THOU LAY HANDS UPO—"
"Yeah yeah, whatever, pass the book."

StormWolf StormWolf
So I'm writing my character's backstory and their previous travels and I noticed Zorab near Lamu but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in the lore thread, could I get a rundown of it?

StormWolf StormWolf
So I'm writing my character's backstory and their previous travels and I noticed Zorab near Lamu but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in the lore thread, could I get a rundown of it?
I’ll have to double check in the morning. May have been a clerical issue of accidentally uploading the wrong iteration of map save.

Because they made a lizardman... they took your character concept???

It's a large world, the Black Jungle is a big place, I'm pretty sure there's more than one lizardman. Did I take Aloha's character because I made a human? An ex-pirate and an ex-slave aren't similar backgrounds, if anything they offer a fun dynamic.

You can't stick a placeholder picture down then act like they copied when there's nothing to copy. They posted a full cs, you didn't.

He isn't a pirate. He was captured by pirates and sold as a slave. Completely different things.

You can't stick a placeholder picture down then act like they copied when there's nothing to copy. They posted a full cs, you didn't.
I'm aware of what I posted. And the only background detail I mentioned about my character was his connections to pirates, which was copied.

I wouldn't have done that. You apparently would. Oh well.

Edit: Don't worry about it. I don't need this roleplay.

Last edited:
Wow, nice first impression for me!

I’d like to throw my hat in if there’s still space!

I mean if we're getting strict about this I did put down a detailed sheet for an exiled beefy slave warrior, hence my comment about maybe getting overloaded with similar character types here =^)

It's whatever and folks should just do what feels fun, really, but more variety would probably be nice and interesting and give people more spotlights.

I have a master smith in the works, if that helps the variety any. I've been getting way too hung up on forging techniques though.

Goodness, I get a few hours of shut-eye and miss the fireworks.

Anyhow, onward with the show. And look at it this way, at least we won't have the issue of character's feeling like the odd man out in combat situations.

There were only three completed character sheets at the time, I don't think it's unreasonable to wait for more traction before we start forging bonds.

i did :C shortly before i was asking if anyone wants to know a lizard man lol
That's not a lot to go on and they did specify that their character was a pirate before you posted yours, you could have easily asked about working it into both of your backstories. For example, you both could have been on the same ship and you being a slave could have made the pirate lizard decide that this wasn't the life for them, or they just didn't care one way or another and caused your character to hold a grudge. Really I just think everyone should actually try to work with each other when their concepts allow it.

It's a difference of opinion/perspective on roleplay etiquette. These things happen. I don't have any ill-will towards anyone—In fact, I wish you all the best with this roleplay.

Well then, I'm just gonna make note here - obviously probably still ideal to wait further for bond shenanigans but so far you essentially got
  • A Kung Fu Alchemist who learned things that are best in life and wishes to avoid all responsibility destined for him
  • A listless Shield-maiden trying to find her place and think of a way to restore her clan
  • An athlete of fight who was sent through the wringer but escaped by killing his task-master and going in exile
  • A lizard-man who was enslaved by sailors of the sea to do their bidding, longing for a way home to reconquer their stuff
  • A banished prince whose metaphorical wings clipped by his father and exiled in a role to save face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back