• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Survivor's Lounge (The Last Judgement)

Should we have scheduled 24-48hr events?

• Yeah, sure sounds cool!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Nah, I think we should just wing it.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I don't really care...

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hey um, I was wondering if I could join in sometime soon? Say... in about a month or such. I'll be busy up until then, and I am in Australia (Time zone issues are possible), but I'm very interested in the lore and world that's been built up. I'm hoping to make a somewhat paranoid, almost Diogenes inspired prophet (Somewhat derisive, self-assured and clearly not right in the head, but with overall attempting to be some kind of guide) with either pyromaniac inclinations or slightly blood-aided pyrokinetic magic. Likely his prophecies will have a larger focus on the past blending into the present, providing guidance in the ruins. I'd like to sort of... ghost until I'm ready to join just so I've got a more solid idea of how to join and potential opportunities/dynamics. Would that be alright? Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater

Hey um, I was wondering if I could join in sometime soon? Say... in about a month or such. I'll be busy up until then, and I am in Australia (Time zone issues are possible), but I'm very interested in the lore and world that's been built up. I'm hoping to make a somewhat paranoid, almost Diogenes inspired prophet (Somewhat derisive, self-assured and clearly not right in the head, but with overall attempting to be some kind of guide) with either pyromaniac inclinations or slightly blood-aided pyrokinetic magic. Likely his prophecies will have a larger focus on the past blending into the present, providing guidance in the ruins. I'd like to sort of... ghost until I'm ready to join just so I've got a more solid idea of how to join and potential opportunities/dynamics. Would that be alright? Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater
A month would be perfect actually! I would be able to squeeze your character in the with story so it could work. It sounds like you want to make a witch + prophet combo. I'm fine with that as long as the character isn't over powered and makes sense. Time zones aren't that big of an issue we've got people here from Europe and America and parts of Asia so I'm almost positive it would work :)

If you're interested in joining the discord let me know and I'll drop you the link.

A month would be perfect actually! I would be able to squeeze your character in the with story so it could work. It sounds like you want to make a witch + prophet combo. I'm fine with that as long as the character isn't over powered and makes sense. Time zones aren't that big of an issue we've got people here from Europe and America and parts of Asia so I'm almost positive it would work :)

If you're interested in joining the discord let me know and I'll drop you the link.

Possibly him having only marginal practice and haphazard knowledge of magic could help balance it, ensuring that prophecy is the key focus and that magic is something he won't be using often at all, or lightly. His reliance on his own blood as opposed to focus on effective magic use would also make sure that what magic he may have gotten from his ancestors wouldn't leave him very powerful, possibly even dangerous to himself. But general pyromania also works, he could easily just keep flammable materials on himself. Improves the resource gathering game, and provides a whole different set of worries with him wandering off. I hope to make him someone who's only a little more useful to have around than he is troublesome, but still just that: More useful to have than not to.

Possibly him having only marginal practice and haphazard knowledge of magic could help balance it, ensuring that prophecy is the key focus and that magic is something he won't be using often at all, or lightly. His reliance on his own blood as opposed to focus on effective magic use would also make sure that what magic he may have gotten from his ancestors wouldn't leave him very powerful, possibly even dangerous to himself. But general pyromania also works, he could easily just keep flammable materials on himself. Improves the resource gathering game, and provides a whole different set of worries with him wandering off. I hope to make him someone who's only a little more useful to have around than he is troublesome, but still just that: More useful to have than not to.
So are you thinking on having him focus more on blood magic or elemental manipulation? Or are you thinking a little mix of both?
As long as the powers he has as a prophet are front and center it should be fine. I'm not sure if you've read any of the IC or Character stuff yet but there is a prophet + witch combo who is very well balanced if you want to take ideas from that too.

So are you thinking on having him focus more on blood magic or elemental manipulation? Or are you thinking a little mix of both?
As long as the powers he has as a prophet are front and center it should be fine. I'm not sure if you've read any of the IC or Character stuff yet but there is a prophet + witch combo who is very well balanced if you want to take ideas from that too.

Actually i have to protest! Summoning disco lights and skeleton butlers is surely way up there in the pantheon of overpowered gods!

Jk.

"Cheese in an air-tight seal, blacked off so light didn't degrade it..."

I must say, the special emphasis is highly amusing to me.

Edit: Also curious, do any of you guys do freelance writing? Or are on Upwork?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back