• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ginny waves to Christopher and Chester as she walks in, and finds a place to sit. “I’m Ginny Dreamer. Or Shafaqat Aibnatfardus, if you’d prefer. Everyone here just calls me Ginny.” She says, smiling at Chester.

“Jon is sick today, and I couldn’t find Councilman Hendrix, so I guess I’m taking notes for him as well.” She continues, getting her notebook open, and flipping past a lot of research notes to get to a blank page. She doesn’t feel the need to get into her position in the colony, especially with how complicated it is at the moment.
NanLia NanLia RikuXIII RikuXIII

1542254351451.png
As Adelaide walked back toward the car with Morgan, she could sense her companion's budding excitement. She said nothing, doing her best to hide the small smile forming on her lips as they made their way to the hatchback until finally Morgan spoke up and announced just how anxious she was. Addy chuckled, coming to lean against the side of the car as she turned back toward the young wolf. "I get it -- this is new for you." She paused a moment, considering, "Truth be told, it's sort of new for me, too. Like Will said to me back there: this isn't just any hunt." Addy sighed, but smiled all the same. "We'll figure it out together once we get there. As for all that pent-up energy, maybe I should just leave in the car and have you run back to the Colony?" she said playfully, giving Morgan a wink.

Elijah 4.jpg
Elijah had watched Mackenzie's conversation with Solomon with an arched eyebrow. Her dislike for the man was all too apparent, albeit morbidly amusing to watch from a safe distance. As Ashley-May rolled across him to grab her phone, he took the opportunity to lean in and steal a kiss from her with a cheeky smirk, though the expression faded as she showed him the message from Martha. Reading it over, he nodded to her before sitting up and climbing from the bed with a sigh. "Guess it's time to be the welcome wagon," he said, giving Ash a hand up. As Eli turned, he saw Mac standing still with a distant expression on her face, eyes open but not seeing. "Mac?" he called out quietly. "Are you okay?"

William 2.jpg
William stopped short as it became clear that Emile wished to speak with him privately. He appreciated the Alpha's initial reassurance about Morgan and Addy; Will nodded, "You're right. They've gotten close. They'll look out for one another." He paused as Emile continued on to request something that Hendrix hardly expected: a meeting, alone, with Mac. He couldn't help but feel the slightest tinge of suspicion at first at the idea, though as Emile explained himself it settled.

After a moment, Will nodded. "I understand. I'll talk to her and let you know," he replied, the spell still working its magic to allow him to speak French as fluently as if he'd been born to it. "Thank you, for making the effort. I know it's not easy for you and the Pack, either," he added softly before offering the Alpha his hand.

[IMG='width:219px;']https://cdn-01.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/article37387095.ece/884b5/AUTOCROP/w620/ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1[/IMG]
Chester stood up at Brendan and Ginny's arrival. His half finished ice cream sandwich went behind his back, then his hand came back empty with no sign of where it had gone. He took Brendan's hand in a strong grip.
"Pleasure to meet you." He said with a smile.
His eyes swiveled to Ginny and his smile deepened.
"And you once again, Ginny."
Chester waved after Chris before taking a seat again. He waited a moment to let Ginny get ready to take notes before he started in.
"I was hoping you would help me rescue a friend of mine from a bad situation he's in. He ran afoul of some demons about 70 years ago or so. They've been keeping him locked away, but an opportunity is coming up where he'll be in a lightly guarded safe house. You help me get him out, you get to kill a few demons, disrupt one of their operations, and have a favor you can call in from both myself and my friend."
Lacing his fingers between each other and resting his hands on his lap, Chester gave a polite "I'm done" smile. Now, he would have to see how well he read the situation. It was a bit nerve wracking, but it was also the best part of all this. The anticipation.

NanLia NanLia Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Reaching the edge of the school ground Amethyst slowed. Breathing heavily she slumped against a tree before sinking down to the ground. Rubbing the back of her head she felt a headache coming on. In the distance, the noises of yelling and periodic screams could be heard. With the noises getting closer she watched a shambling man crest the ridge and stare her down. Running towards her she put her hands up and closed her eyes. The flailing man slammed into the edge of a protective barrier causing the light around her to flare up.

Slamming into the barrier several more times the man stopped before light began to burst from their body. Standing up Amethyst held her hand out towards him. The man she once knew as one of her teachers began to burst before only ash remained. Falling backwards Amethyst shook her head as she began to tear up. The outbursts she had in the past had been bad, but this was awful... instead of it only been a person or two it was so many. Lowering the protectve barrier Amethyst rubbed her eyes, her sight fading once more into her being blind.

NanLia NanLia

97a5f300329e3eeb07ff1096bd239ea4.jpg

Chase started up the steps at a pace matching the elderly man, listening to his question curiously. Hearing that the god had chosen the Shaman not because of any sort of spiritual connection or permission, but because he could admittedly didn't sit well with him. That was sort of the superiority god complex type of attitude he didn't take to. But Chase guessed the Shaman would probably have accepted Manitou's request anyhow so he didn't linger on the thought. By the time they'd moved into the cabin Chase had an amused smirk on his face, "Bitching and moaning about Brody, you're starting to grow on me old man." He spoke approvingly before dropping off the plate on the small end table near the seat Manitou had taken. With a sip of his beer the man moved over to the kitchen area and returned with a second one in his hand, offering it to the god. "Just go easy on the stuff. You won't be the one waking up with a stiff body and throbbing head in the morning."
NanLia NanLia

DEincn1.jpg

Brendan listened to Chester impassively as he made his request clear; he'd been privy to several of these in the past few months and knew better than to simply agree at face value. Once the horsemen was done with his explanation Brendan too a moment to consider before speaking, his hands moving behind his back to grasp each others. "You certainly did come to an appropriate place seeking your help: we do enjoy removing demons from the face of the Earth as often as possible, however before I can agree to any sort of partnership and risking the lives of my people, I need a couple of things answered first." He paused, giving Chester an opportunity to refute but when it was clear he wouldn't Brendan continued.

"Firstly, your friend: I am going to assume he, or she, is a horsemen like yourself? Following this; while I am aware demons tend to do as they please on a whim, I am curious to know why he would have been entrapped by them in the first place, are you an enemy to demons generally, or a specific band of them? And finally, what would we, the colony, gain from this mission: beside you and your friends eternal gratitude." Brendan swiftly raised his hand. "Please keep in mind, our colony isn't in this for the valor or monetary gain: we need neither, however we are in need of allies."
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
RikuXIII RikuXIII

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan smirked, tossing her bag into the back of Addy's car but didn't bother moving for the passenger seat. "I'd say 'race you' but we both know you'd never be able to keep up." She swiftly, reached down and pulled the hem of her shirt up over her head, the article of clothing shed without consideration and tossed in after her bag. She was stepping out of her shoes, one at a time, her hands falling to the top of her jeans. "Can you just make sure the guard will let me in as a wolf?" She asked, shedding the rest of her clothing she tossed it in following her shirt. Morgan stretched nimbly, already feeling the Change starting - it happened easily when she was this excited. Pupils dilated she glanced around the wooded area, heightened senses picking up all the subtle scents she couldn't when she was in her human form, already she could feel her teeth changing. "I know how muc-th they don't like me sc-howing naked ... "

8AmIDed.jpg

Manitou rolled his eyes as he took the glass bottle from Chase, "You think I was born this morning?" He huffed, bringing the bottle to his lips and taking a sip before wrinkling his nose. "Ugh, American piss-water." Disappointed he set the bottle down, picking up the plate Chase had set down for him and picking at the food. "Don't worry your pretty little head, pup, I'll leave the Shaman better off than where he was when I found him." He chewed thoughtfully before speaking. "You're going to love Borseti, you know that." He sighed, leaning back in the chair. "At least Borseti now, with the pack there and they've settled their shit. It's made for people like you, from both worlds. It''ll be better have you there too, wish I could see it. Emile's no fool - he knew before I did what kind of person, wolf, you are. He knew when he went through your car, when the pack was running you around and you didn't once turn to fight." He chuckled softly.

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile nodded, with relief, when Will stated that he would speak with her; he knew Will was likely one of the limited numbers that could get through to her. He shrugged as he started up the stairs to the cabin. "I'm sure I could have done more ... or less, to help this transition be better for her. I don't know everything, of course, Brody isn't the most open when it comes to their past, but Douglas certainly painted a picture of how they lived, what they thought the world was like." He stepped through the doorway into the warm light and quickly spotted Chase with Manitou in the 'living room' of the small cabin.
Crono Crono

bTU0wF0.png
3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May paused as Elijah headed over to Mac's side. She watched quietly as it was clear the woman was under the influence of another Vision. "Alright," She said quietly so as not to disturb Mac from what she was Seeing. "I'll run over to the Rec center and see what's up, I've got my phone; you keep her together - call Will if you need to." Ash didn't wait for Eli to debate, one of them needed to go and find out what was happening and she trusted Eli to be more than capable of handling whatever Mac threw at him - even if he didn't. She headed out of the bedroom swiftly, then to the front door to get her shoes.

Mackenzie heard Eli and Ash speaking but couldn't answer, not right away. Once more the Vision was changing and she was dragged out to witness. She watched, in horror, as another person was destroyed by this ... thing. She felt sick, a cold rock forming in the pit of her stomach. "There's something out there," She whispered, Eli was still with her. "I don't know what this .... thing is. I've never seen anything like it." She was still trapped inside the veil; uncertain why she hadn't been released or shown anything else. "I need a map, Eli. Of Nebraska. We need to stop this, kill it if we can. It's killing people - fast. Like a demon, inside a child. That can ... manifest physically.... I don't know."
Safton Safton
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Ginny starts writing, her brow furrowed with worry and concentration. She wouldn’t be able to write legibly or quickly enough for this task in English, so she’ll have to translate these notes later. She looks up briefly, concerned with how this sounds. She’s never fought a demon. She’s sure she could, but it certainly won’t be a simple thing. She’ll have to train harder than she has been. For now, she just waits, clicking her pen nervously.
RikuXIII RikuXIII NanLia NanLia

With Amethyst having run a decent distance from the school, those inside began to calm. While battered and bruised they seemed more or less together. Though, the three to incite it were the exception. Their bodies were destroyed and only their clothes could be used for identification. When the calm returned completely, the silence inside the lunch room became nearly palpable.

Outside and away from the school Amethyst finally stood up once more. Sniffling and rubbing her eyes she slowly reached out but couldn't feel anything but the tree next to her. Tearing up again she knew she was lost and completely unable to figure out where she was. Pulling her legs close to her body she contemplated using her 'gifts' to grant her sight but nearly puked at the thought of it after what had just happened. Shaking her head she remained where she was. Though, a disturbing and terrible thought began to enter her mind.... The security footage caught the manifestation. Eyes going wide at the thought of more succumbing to madness Amethyst stood and tried going back the way she came. Running into a tree after the first few steps she smacked her head against it causing her to black out. Falling backwards she managed to knock herself unconscious.

NanLia NanLia
Safton Safton

1542474332504.png
Adelaide opened her mouth to tell Morgan to slow down -- that she had only been joking -- but instead her jaw snapped shut and she couldn't help but smile, turning her back as her friend began stripping out of her clothes. "I'll make sure they know," she called over her shoulder, waiting until she could sense the change had finished before turning her back to see Morgan in her lupine form. Addy stepped forward, reaching down to rub the young wolf behind the ears. "First one there gets to pick breakfast tomorrow," she hastily said with a smirk, turning to dash back to her car. The old Civic rumbled to life with faint protest -- in hindsight, not the best choice of vehicle for racing a werewolf -- before Addy pushed it into gear and began accelerating away from the campground, all too aware of the streak of fur in the side mirror rapidly gaining speed.

1542476315091.png
William followed Emile into the cabin, listening as the Alpha spoke -- perhaps a bit regretfully -- about how he had managed Morgan's introduction to this new world. As Emile stepped into the living room, Will stepped up beside him, spotting Chase and Manitou inside. He turned toward Emile, leaning in, "You've done what you thought was right for your niece and for your Pack. You've gotten them this far... and you saved Vitae from itself along the way. Don't doubt yourself now," he said under his breath, surprising even himself with the unsolicited advice. He gave the elder wolf a pat on the shoulder before stepping into the living room to give a nod to Chase and their divine visitor, taking a seat across from the latter. "Enjoying the Pack's hospitality, I see" he asked the two men teasingly, figuring the question applied equally to the newly-minted member and the god who got so few chances to walk the Earth in a mortal form.

Crono Crono

1542477325247.png
Elijah was surprised when Ashley-May left him alone to deal with Mac, but hardly had a chance to protest as the latter began explaining what she had seen. He frowned, piecing together the scant details she had given him as he scoured his memory for any monster or demon that might fit the bill. None came to mind; in any case, Mackenzie was every bit as experienced as he was, and if she was at a loss then he would take her word for it.

As the petite hunter asked for a map of Nebraska, his first reaction was to try and fish out his phone, but he stopped himself. Not only was Mac less than technologically-inclined even when she wasn't in the throes of Heavenly control, but in her "episodes" before she had seen fit to make physical marks on what was placed in front of her. Better to have something that wasn't digital -- something that would last. He scrambled out of the room to find his bag, removing the small atlas he and William kept in case their navigation systems were ever disrupted by spirit or demonic activity. Flipping it open to find a state map of Nebraska showing roads and towns, he brought it back and set in front of Mac along with a red ink pen.

[IMG='width:251px;']https://cdn-01.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/article37387095.ece/884b5/AUTOCROP/w620/ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1[/IMG]
Chester nodded as Brendan concluded his initial questions. While the hunters blindly signing on to the job certainly would have made things easier on him, he couldn't really blame them for wanting to look before they leapt. It was boring, but with how fragile they could be, being careful might still give some thrill.
"He is indeed." He answered. "A proper Horsemen formerly on the team like myself, though he..."
Chester's expression changed to one of annoyance.
"Actually got written down in some of your little books. You'll know him as Conquest. I know him as Lex. He ran afoul of some Demon Princes after the last human he was coaching for world domination turned out to be a puppet for the demon's own plans. Their influence combined to really send this guy off his rocker. I don't really recall the name, but he did have a funny little mustache. Anyway, they caught him at a bad time and imprisoned him. Since then, they've been siphoning off his power to use on some of there own."
Getting a little restless, Chester got up and started to pace as he talked.
"As for me and demons, you could definitely say I am not a fan. When you get right down to it, they've become the law of the land. They make the rules that keep people down. And I hate rules."
He stopped pacing as he fell silent for moment, collecting his thoughts.
"Look, you probably already know something really old is trying to come back." Chester continued, looking up into Brendan's eyes. "I don't know all the details, but what I do know, I don't like. Lex won't either. So, keeping the First Sin in the Abyss is definitely something we will help you with, on top of the favors we would owe you."
Starting to pace again, Chaos smiled.
"Plus, I also have other contacts would could be of use. Ones who won't owe favors, but could be persuaded to help out. And while you said you don't need riches, I have a ton, so that's on the table too."
His eyes fell on Ginny as he turned in his pacing and he got a worried look on his face.
"Oh, I haven't been talking too fast for you, have I?" He said, concern in his voice.

Ginny’s eyes are glowing slightly as she writes, making use of her speed to try and get all of this down. She’s glad she kept a journal while she was alone, or her writing skills would have deteriorated far too much for this during her time alone.

“I mean, I’m not getting every word, but I’ve got a decent summary. As long as you stay at this rate I should be able to get it.” She says, looking up to smile at him.

Chase rolled his eyes at the comment on the alcohol as he returned to the kitchen table, picking a few pieces of what was left and placing them in one hand as a makeshift plate to eat from. Munching with an amused smile as the god brought up Borseti and going on about the place and how Chase would fit in there. He had his doubts it would be so easy and perfect a transition but he wasn't about to but in on the deity's rambling. "Oh yeah? Who's that? The smart kind of person, not willing to turn and fight when I'm completely outnumbered." The man chuckled with a shrug, unsure of what exactly Manitou was getting at. When the sound of feet coming up the steps started Chase wiped his hands clean against each other then turned to grab two more bottles from the table. He paused at the couch and passed Emile his drink when the man stepped by before turning his attention on the hunter who had sat down. "Oh don't pretend like you aren't." He shot back with a smirk at Will's comment, having stepped up behind the couch and offering the other beer to him.​
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie watched in dread as the ... thing continued on, further into the woods. It seemed to be losing strength, or maybe confused. She couldn't free herself of the Vision, trapped there for the foreseeable future; if she didn't have a choice but to witness she would, at the very least, study it as she had any other monster she had hunt down and destroyed. It had to have a weakness, a way of it being subdued and eliminated. Elijah returned, holding the atlas before her open to the state they were within, she couldn't see him or the book but knew it was there. She traced her fingers along the roads on the paper, as though she could feel the ink under her finger tips. Starting at Vitae she traced them alone the highways until she slowed nearing a small town south of them. She paused, settling a single finger the township. "There." She said finally, using the marker to dab a spot - the location of the first incident. A second was added for the second point followed by a third. "It's here." She said quietly. "Asleep, maybe? Just in the woods - if we hurry we might be able to catch it before it wakes."

Finally the vision faded, though not like the previous, it hadn't been settled, it wasn't done. She could still feeling it lingering at the back of her mind. "We've got to go, Eli. Like now."

3SijZSx.jpg
hK2KbsO.jpg

Ashley-May made it only to the bottom of the driveway before her phone was buzzing again. She glanced down to see Christopher calling and she answered without hesitation. "Hey Chris, sorry; I'm on my way to the rec center now."

"Oh hey, yeah, don't worry about that. I need you at the gates. Councilman Jack is taking care of the visitor but we've ... we've got more." Christopher hesitated over the phone.

Ash frowned, it wasn't like him to hesitate over much (unless it was being in the same room as Mac or Franklin). She knew Chris had been groomed by Bart to be his replacement - though no one had known Bart was going to be leaving so abruptly. "Alright," She paused beside her car, unlocking the drivers side and slipping in. "I'm headed over, but can you tell me what's going on?"

"Yeah," Chris sighed, looking down the road from the top of the gate, several vehicles - armored, he assumed - lined up followed by a transport truck. "The Men of Letters have arrived; they want in and a place to set up camp."

DEincn1.jpg

Brendan nodded as Chester went on with more detail this time with what they would be up against. At the very least there was no mention of Murehuanon, the current King of Hell, and so this other faction would, hopefully, not be as volatile as Mur's had been in the past during encounters. He glanced to Ginny as she noted down everything, curious creature that she was, but turned back to Chester. "We're unlikely to call in debts unless our colony is on the verge of collapse." He clarified. "But we'll certainly have no complaints about adding more allies to our roster." He paused, as he considered, ignoring his phone for the moment. "How urgent is this? Am I pulling hunters from their homes tonight to head off or do we have time to prepare first? You had mentioned him being kept somewhere accessible; where is it?"
RikuXIII RikuXIII
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

8AmIDed.jpg
ro5JoB8.jpg
Manitou rolled his eyes as Chase fended off any sort of compliments; a human quality the god didn't appreciate much. Wolves were confident, boisterous and self-assured. When someone paid them a compliment there wasn't thanks, there was acknowledgment that the complimenter was correct - or at least that's how he felt about it. Before he could press Emile and Will arrived, the latter asking after the packs hospitality. He opened his mouth to make a comment but thought better of himself and gnashed his teeth closed. He knew his mood was darkening and it wasn't the fault of any of those within the room. He took another long drink of his beer, letting Will and Emile join them with their own drinks.

"Thank you all for coming to this meeting on such short notice." He started, a smirk on his lips despite Emile eye rolling. "We all know why we're here, no need to pretend otherwise now, but there are things you all need to know about what's coming."

Emile held the beer between his hands, thumb rubbing over the edge of the lifted label, distracted. He could hardly believe his god was so casual about the end of his existence. He recalled every detail of their first meeting all those years ago. Emile had been much much younger then and naive; Manitou had driven him to the edge of insanity trying to deal with the gods games and double speak. He had wanted nothing more than to never hear from the god again and now? He knew he was getting old when he felt sentimental about some of the worst days of his life. "We know about Adam, Borseti is .... nearly there, almost to where you told us to be. With Franklin and his Nest now, it won't take more than another year or two before we're ready."

"You don't have a year or two. I'm not sure you have more than a month or two before he has the reach to touch you." Manitou set his beer down, glancing between the three men. "He's syphoning power and strength from everything - not just human Sin, it's beyond that now. He's destroying Heaven, piece by piece - that's why you haven't seen them running around in the past few years; they're hardly holding together and desperate for help. He's leeching strength from the gods, not just me, but all of them. We'll all be gone soon." He leaned back with a sigh. "Don't worry, pup." He chuckled at Emile. "We're not gone gone, just in the Empty."
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

1542600723594.png

William took the beer from Chase with a grateful nod, sipping at it more from habit than anything. He wasn't sure alcohol affected him anymore, but the familiarity of the gesture was relaxing all the same. The atmosphere in the room took a turn for the serious as Manitou cut the small talk. Will listened, silently, as the god laid out the situation matter-of-factly. Will was impressed that the deity was so calm and collected when it came to his "death" after a life that had likely spanned millennia. He also couldn't help but notice how anxious Emile was, though he could hardly blame the Alpha. The man was saddled with a large amount of responsibility as it was... and once their age-old divine benefactor was gone, his burden would only increase.

Will frowned at Manitou's last remark, cocking his head. "The 'Empty'?" he asked curiously.

1542601543204.png
Elijah watched as Mackenzie marked the locations one by one, committing the names of the nearby towns and landmarks to memory. As soon as she was finished, he nodded. "Meet you at the Beast," he said tersely before darting out to hastily gather up his things. It wasn't everything -- he had no time for a thorough inventory -- but he managed to collect a "grab bag" of weapons and rituals before dashing out to meet Mackenzie at the Beast, sheathing the demon-killing knife at his waist as he threw on his leather jacket and climbed into the passenger side of the bench seat alongside her.

[IMG='width:207px;']https://www.rpnation.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wallpaperup.com%2Fuploads%2Fwallpapers%2F2015%2F08%2F18%2F780525%2Ffd1089e17cab8590faca633b1e088a90.jpg&hash=e44574fdc9998b7678c8e2f376eac6e7[/IMG]
Amethyst

Rolling over Amethyst felt her stomach turn. Groaning she moved her hands up to her head. The headache she felt made her wince with every thought. Pushing through the pain she sat up and tried to figure out where she was. Still apprehensive about using magic Amethyst finally relented as she nearly walked into another tree. Dropping to her knees she began to brush away the few leaves on the ground. Using her fingers she began to make a simple outline of a circle before standing up and holding her hands over it. A symbol formed in the center of the circle. Lighting up a blood red she felt a surge of energy pass through her. Opening her eyes she saw the world once more through a different lens. Using the spirit vision she managed to slowly navigate through the grayed out trees.

Passing through the distance back towards the nearest road Amethyst stepped out and narrowly avoided being hit by a car. The inorganic nature of it making it more difficult for her to pick up. Running across the road she took a glance over at the school. The EMS were starting to show up and she knew police wouldn't be that far behind. After solid contemplation she decided to risk it. Making her way back up and towards the school she weaved herself back in, nearly getting caught by EMS personnel. Slipping into the crowd of students they began to leave, her being in the back of the mass. She didn't want to see her foster mother after all this, to her foster mother, this had her name written all over it. The thoughts of running again began to come into her mind... but the recording still existed. She couldn't and wouldn't leave without it being destroyed or damaged.

Safton Safton
NanLia NanLia

Chase had left to the kitchen table and returned with his own drink as the conversation took a turn. The man took up residence behind the couch, opting to stand. His heart sank at the god's words, that they had so little time before the pack would be in the First Sin's headlights. Their safety had been gnawing at him since Emile had mentioned Mantiou was 'dying', without a divine protection they would be in danger. By the other two men's reaction they were just as shocked to learn of what was going on. And here he'd thought Will would know more about what was going on with the Angels. Eyes flowing from the hunter to the Alpha throughout Manitou's words. Chase would have found it amusing to hear Emile being called pup if it wasn't for the context surrounding it. It wasn't difficult to tell that Emile was off since he'd entered the cabin, he just hadn't realized how much Manitou meant to him specifically. "That like an elephant graveyard for gods?" He asked, following up on Will's question.​
Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

[IMG='width:220px;']https://cdn-01.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/article37387095.ece/884b5/AUTOCROP/w620/ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1[/IMG]
"Oh good." Chester said, giving Ginny a thumbs up. "Do tell me if I start going too fast."
Taking a deep breath, the former Horseman considered Brendan's questions. He wanted to say extremely urgent and they had to move now, but that might tip his hand. Plus, getting hunters killed from rushed actions wouldn't be good for the budding relationship he was starting here. And it might offend Lex's sensibilities. No, patience was called for, damn it.
"We have a few days, if necessary." He answered. "One of the reasons I've come to you is proximity. The safe house is a few hours drive from here, well removed from the usual demon operations. As I understand it, Conquest is being handed over to another demon prince. They're trying to keep it a secret from Murehuanon, so repercussions should be negligible, unless they want to risk being found out."

8AmIDed.jpg

Manitou nodded as the wolf and the nephilim questioned the Empty, sorry he had said anything at all. "Yes, it's where we go," He waved a hand as though to include more - though none were present. "Gods, angels, so forth, when we die. We're not dead-dead. We just can't be here, any more. Or so I've been told, by other gods that have gone before me." He glanced between the three, seeing that he clearly had not made it any easier to understand. "It doesn't matter." He set his plate aside, grasping his hands before him. "That's not why I'm here, I'm here about the pack and what needs to happen." He watched Emile pointedly.

"We both know you can't keep the pack separate from the colony - not just Vitae but Borseti too. We all know your lack of trust in both of them but you can't keep shielding everyone in the pack forever, especially not because you and I both know those ward you have around the colony keeping the demons out are going to fail once I'm gone." He glanced to Chase, soon followed by Will before continuing. "You need to move the pack inside the walls of Vitae."

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile listened to the explanation of the Empty or lack there of, however before he could pose any questions himself the god was already starting in on him. He shook his head, leaning back against the couch and taking a long drink of his beer and Mantiou continued. He knew better than to interrupt the god when he was on tangent; it won't only lead to an argument and fighting right now was the last thing he wanted to do. That was, of course, until the god insisted he move his people into the colony. He sighed, audibly, as Manitou made his reasons as to why they should move from the camp site and when the god was done, Emile waited before speaking. "No."
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

3SijZSx.jpg
Ashley-May arrived at the front gates to see Christopher's partner standing on the inside, the main iron gate cracked open enough for a person to fit through. She stepped out of the bubble and headed over, hearing voices on the other side and seeing lights spilling beneath the gate. She nodded to the guard before slipping through the opening and coming into a scene. Christopher stood, back straight, glowering at the red haired woman whom stood far too close to him. Ash stepped closer but missed whatever it was the woman was saying to Chris, whom looked less than impressed.

"Hi there," Ash started cheerily, regarding the stern faced woman. "I'm Ashley-May, standing in as the Council of Health in the colony, who might you be?" Ash offered a hand to the woman.

"I'm Director Brimley, Councilmen Jack has been expecting our arrival." Brimley regarded the out stretched hand but otherwise ignored it. "I would appreciate it if you would have your yard dog back on his leash and the doors opened. My people are worn and tired and in need of medical assistance."

Ash nodded, taking her hand back and stuffing within her jean pocket, she made a point of nodding slowly, leaning over on one leg to look down the long line of vehicles waiting to be admitted. She had to admit she was surprised as just how many there were, and just how organized the Men of Letters were. The first few vehicles looked like army personnel trucks, but following this were two freight trucks followed by what she could only guess was some sort of artillery vehicle. She whistled slowly and smiled back at Brimely. "So I've heard." She stated calmly, glancing to Chris who looked more than a little amused. "I've also heard a great many other things, as well."

Ash continued to smile sweetly, stepping in closer to Brimely, much like the other woman had been doing to Chris, Ash was satisfied that Brimley didn't back away as she met her eye to eye. "And most of what I've heard wasn't great, if I have to be honest. Now I know you've had a long trip from over the pond, as they say, and I know you have people in need of assistance, so I'll keep this short: Vitae's hospitality is open to you and yours until you get back on your feet, don't you fret about that, but the second I hear that any of your ... previous tendencies have returned you best be counting being turned back out, without notice." She smiled sweetly, before leaning in to whisper to Brimley personally and when she leaned back away she was more than satisfied to see the paled expression on the Director's face. "Do I make myself clear?" She asked.

Brimley quickly nodded and Ash turned to face Chris. "Well alright then, let 'er in!"

Christopher whispered to his partner and soon after the large iron gate rolled open to let the vehicles pass.

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie didn't need much in the way of supplies, the Beast already stocked full of them. She held the map and marker tightly after Elijah set off to get his own equipment ready, trying to fight free of the Vision but it appeared that Mac was in to Witness just one more event. She was thankful enough this hadn't involved the gruesome gore she had been privy to before and regarded the sigil that had been inscribed into the dirt and used. She quickly scribbled it down onto the map before setting out to the front of the house.

At the beast she pulled open the passenger door, surprised to see Elijah there. "Move over, your driving." She tossed the keys onto his lap and slid onto the seat as he moved aside. "Last time I drove with Visions like this I nearly put Addy and me into the ditch."

DEincn1.jpg
Brendan nodded, satisfied with the additional details supplied. It didn't seem to him that the horsemen was withholding anything else and so he didn't see fit to ask for more details about why or how his friend had been captured in the first place; he didn't doubt that there would be plenty of time for that. "Good, then I'll gather some hunters tomorrow for the hunt and get some resources together that will help." He glanced to the Djinn. "If you'd be so kind, Ms. Dreamer, show Chester here an apartment to stay in." He glanced to the horsemen with a smile. "We've renovated a local motel to be bachelor apartments. I don't doubt that you've seen better accommodations but they're all we have I'm afraid. Feel free to wander the colony as you like once you're settled: you won't find any resistance from our people. I'd take you myself but more people have arrived at the colony that I need to speak to."
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
RikuXIII RikuXIII

Ginny nods to Brendan, smiling. “You got it!” She says, finishing her notes, and getting up. “The apartments are pretty cozy in my opinion, but then again, I’ve never had the best homes on the market.” She says, smiling at Chester. “I could give you a tour if you want. There’s a lot to see here!” She offers.

She seems to be in a pretty good mood, considering the circumstances. “Oh, actually, can I say one more thing?” She asks, looking suddenly somber. “Hypnos… well, he isn’t technically dying, but… he’s losing energy fast. He said he doesn’t have much strength before he falls asleep… for a couple centuries. I meant to tell you that at the next meeting, and I just realized that’s what this was.”

1542905590290.png
William couldn't help but find himself morbidly intrigued with Manitou's cryptic description of The Empty. Hell he'd been forced to understand well enough years ago when he first started hunting, even if he had no personal experience in the matter. He'd been acquainted with Heaven in recent weeks thanks to the angels and their intervention. The duality of it was something he could handle -- but to know that there was yet another plane beyond those? He noted that Manitou's list of beings who ended up there did not include nephilim, though he wondered if that was truly the case.

Will abruptly shook the thoughts away as the conversation turned toward Emile, the situation laid out for the Alpha. William didn't expect the simple, negative answer that the wolf gave and cocked his head in confusion before speaking up. "Emile, I understand why you wouldn't trust the colony with your Pack's safety, but I honestly think it's the better option compared to opening yourself up to attack by Mur's demons."

1542906031086.png
Elijah knew better than to argue with Mac and promptly slid over, taking the keys to insert them into the Beast's ignition and fire it up. He wasted no time in heading toward the front gate, making it there just in time to see a convoy of military-grade vehicles entering the colony. His brows knitted in confusion, unable to make out any faces through the tinted windows of the lead SUV. He felt a familiar pit in his stomach at the sight, but it could wait -- Mac's vision couldn't. As soon as the gate was clear of the entering trucks, Eli squeezed past them. He stopped only when he saw Ashley-May of all people standing at the gates, pulling up alongside her to lower the window. "Mac's got a vision," he explained quickly. "We've got to move on this now. If the others make it back before we do, let them know," he said, giving Ash the rough location Mac had designated earlier.

It wasn't the easiest to understand what Manitou was trying to get across but Chase just chopped it up to trading one existence for another kind of thing. When the god mentioned trusting Borseti he couldn't help the confused look crossing his face. Emile, the pack, and even the god himself had talked it up to be a great place where they thrived. So why did the Alpha have trust issues with it? That would have to be tabled for later with the current proposition Manitou was giving for the pack to move within Vitae's walls. Chase tipped his bottle up and started drinking while giving it a thought. Realistically it made sense even if he was apprehensive about it.

What came out of left field was Emile's flat out answer of no. Ending his swig Chase turned to look at the man in mild surprise but mostly curiosity, whilst Will attempted to appeal to the Alpha. Chase had his own reservations on the idea but those were mostly personal so he shoved them aside for the moment before speaking. "It would benefit both the colony and the pack." He spoke towards Emile though seemingly neutral, stating the fact.​
Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

[IMG='width:281px;']https://cdn-01.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/article37387095.ece/884b5/AUTOCROP/w620/ipanews_1e3318bc-d8af-4902-9f3a-63428b3b3ca5_1[/IMG]
"Excellent!" Chester said with a broad grin. "I look forward to seeing your hunters in action."
Now was the waiting game. He didn't really want to wait around, or see the apartments. But might as well get to know the area better to kill time. Also this Ginny was an interesting lass.
"Thank you both for your hospitality, and I would certainly love a tour, Ginny." He said politely.
The sudden shift in Ginny's mood was a little puzzling to Chester, but it seemed like a friend or asset of the settlement was dwindling. Not a fun prospect, as Chester knew himself. He stepped away from Brendan and Ginny to appear to give them some privacy, though his ears were peeked for more details. Even he would admit this wasn't a cool thing to do, but he was also trying to distract himself from his impatience to get the mission started, so he would take what he could get.

DEincn1.jpg

Brendan paused as Ginny called for his attention once more, he nodded politely to Chester as the horsemen moved off to let Ginny and himself speak about the new she brought to his attention. With the newcomer several feet away, Brendan turned to face Ginny once more, considering her words. "I would presume that could also be the case for other gods?" It wasn't a question for herself but more for him to consider more at a later time. "Did he mention the reason behind why he was losing strength at speed? Does it have to do with the First Sin? Or are there other mechanics at work we're not seeing?"
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
RikuXIII RikuXIII

8AmIDed.jpg
ro5JoB8.jpg

Mantiou shook his head as he heard the Alpha decline his request. He waited, until Will and Chase had both spoken but it was clear that the stubborn mule wasn't listening to either of them. So much for using the voice of reason. "You're a fool." He watched as Emile glared at him, but remained unmoved in his chair, still holding his beer. "You know it's for the benefit of both parties, you know very well it'll be the best for all of you. You won't do it because you're afraid." He was satisfied to see the Alpha twitch at the word, a chink in the armor. "You're terrified of what will happen when you bring them in there, aren't you? That you'll lose control? The last true pack, the last bonded pack of wolves not hurried together by necessity but by loyalty to you and your blood. You're afraid that if you take them in there they'll see a new world, one where they don't have to have an Alpha, and they'll leave you."

The god snorted, shaking his head. "You're terrible. I thought your father was a horrible Alpha but this is far beyond-"

"No!" Emile stood quickly, the couch he had been seated on sliding violently away from him. He fought the urge to lunge at the god - it would serve no purpose and no doubt solidify his belief. He balled his hands into fists at his side, doing his best not let his anger, and fear, take the best of him. "No." He said again, calmer, but the anger still boiled inside of him. "I am afraid, yes, you are right about that, but not about why." He paused, steadying his breathing.

"They cannot be trusted." He nodded towards Vitae, the hunters and humans within. "I won't walk my pack inside of those walls on the hope and whim that they'll be safe. The humans will benefit with us being there, yes, but we will only suffer for it. What if they haven't flushed out their problems, eh? Like Thomas? Or did you forget? He's still here, locked away and more than willing to kill any and all of us if he gets the chance. How many more of them are there? It's not like I can find out - they don't act or smell different to any other human." He couldn't look at Chase, knowing the topic was still sensitive, but he glanced at Will. "You can't give me your word that you'll help protect us - you couldn't keep Joe safe inside of those walls, why would any of my pack be safe there now?"
Crono Crono

3SijZSx.jpg
hK2KbsO.jpg
MpgfkeU.jpg

Ashley-May watched with satisfaction as the convoy of Men of Letters started to roll into the gate, as the final cars past she turned at the sound of a familiar engine. She frowned as Elijah and Mackenzie rolled up along side of her, Eli giving a quick explanation of what was going on. Ash made a point of taking a picture of the map markers for reference. "Keep in touch - I'll let Will know where you two are." She didn't make them wait long, waving them off.

"Another car is coming ... fast." Christopher warned and Ash turned to see Adelaide's car rushing down the road towards the gates. She raised a hand, preventing the guard on the interior from closing them - If Addy was coming in a hurry then something had to be up. As the old Chevy (? - I can't remember) rolled up to a quick stop Ash headed for the drivers side only to be surprised by a wolf leaping out from the shadows of the bushes. She yelped and jumped back, only to huff and glare at the brindle colored wolf. "Goodness, Morgan!" She scolded, glaring between the witch and the wolf. "You gave me a heart attack!"
Safton Safton

She sighs. “A combination of trying to keep the first sin asleep, and lack of faith. I don’t know about the rest of the gods. None of them have contacted me yet. Which is extremely nerve wracking, on another note. I’m sure at least a few of them won’t like me.” She’s trying so hard not to go off on tangents, but it’s hard with all the things constantly on her mind at a given time.

1543193821178.png
William was thankful to hear Chase back him up -- he knew the young wolf was the one most likely to be able to make Emile see reason. He didn't fool himself into thinking that the word of a hunter, "False Alpha", and a killer of one of his Pack would count for much. Manitou more so perhaps -- what with the obvious reverence the Pack held for him -- but he began to doubt that belief as the god began scolding Emile like he was a child.

Will resisted the urge to wince as the Alpha finally seemed to have heard enough, standing up to defend himself. The reason for his refusal became clear, and this time William couldn't help but clench his jaw at the mention of Thomas, followed soon after by Joe. A spike of guilt reemerged inside him as he regarded Emile. He knew the man had a point, but he spoke up all the same, forcing himself to keep an even, neutral tone, "Thomas and the ones who thought like him -- ones willing to use violence -- left days ago, Emile. Old council included. I can't promise you that every man and woman inside Vitae will welcome your Pack with open arms, but I imagine your Pack could say the same for most hunters entering their lands. I can only say that we'll do everything we can to keep all of you safe -- safer than staying exposed to Mur's demons. Last I checked, they tend to be a lot more united in their view of your Pack than the humans in Vitae..."

Adelaide Main.jpg

Adelaide brought the Civic to a jarring halt outside the gate. She was surprised to see the Beast roaring past her in the opposite direction -- Elijah and Mac inside -- not to mention Ashley-May standing nearby and the guards atop clearly on alert. She opened her door stepping out just in time to see Morgan leap from the bushes and give Ash a regrettable scare. Her smile and exhiliration from their impromptu race faded as she glanced once again at Christopher and the other guards.

Addy reached over to open up the back door of her car, grabbing Morgan's clothes from inside and bringing them around the side of the car furthest from the gate -- giving Morgan some modicum of privacy if she chose to use it. She knelt down to present the dark-colored wolf with the bundle of clothes, scratching her behind the ears before murmuring. "Something's up. Best you shift back, just in case," she said with a wink before standing up and heading back to Ash's side. "What's going on, Ash? Is everything okay?" she asked quietly.

1543194938608.png
Elijah was well down the road in the Beast -- no time to stop and converse with Adelaide -- as he followed Mackenzie's directions from other end of the bench seat. "Shouldn't take long," he remarked tersely. "You may want to be ready with that Nephilim speed-dial." His tone was strained as he tried to lighten the mood unconvincingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back