• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Anna grinned at Alaric, and made a face when he mentioned Shen.
"No, I suppose I'm still a prisoner on the ship aren't I?"
Her expression brightened again when Alaric offered her the smaller knife. She took it readily, admiring the hilt and the gleam of the blade. She practiced a few of the strikes the helms-master had taught her. She took two more blades and her smile faltered.
"I...don't think I brought that much money with me..."

The electric crack drew her attention to Elnaril, who was staring down the vicious point of some sort of gun.
"Are you all right?!" Anna went over to where he stood frozen.
"Looks like that delivers an electric charge. Good thing you didn't stick it any closer to your face!" She patted his back reassuringly.
She gave him a look of sympathy. "Believe me I know a thing or two about disappointing parents...The important thing is to be yourself. I find that always makes for a happier life."

Lioness075 Lioness075 andujarprime andujarprime Naberius Naberius

*~*~*

"Hmm? Well I suppose they're all right." Shen answered Calliope's question about Imperials. "Provided they actually do something about it..." He trailed off when he saw the cloth.
"What are you going to do with that manky thing?" He asked, barely hiding the distaste. "If you want good cloth for garments I'd be happy to oblige. I've a tailor at almost every port."
He scanned the streets, and then pointed down into a narrow bazaar. "Let's try this way."

Zazz Zazz

Charlie waited in anticipation as Rhea was about to say where she wanted to go. Where did robots like to go anyway? Maybe... Maybe a factory? No, he shouldn't assume that! Maybe she really liked food or cloths-

Rhea shut here eyes. Was she tired?

"Weapons sound like a great idea."

Charlie couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed, it did seem like she was going to suggest something else. Where did she want to go? Why didn't she tell him? He was fine with going anywhere, he just liked going to new places.

Charlie decided to let it go. He had no way of telling if she actually wanted to go anywhere anyway.

"Alright, if that's what you want to do!" Charlie exclaimed.

Spying out a good place to stop while also keeping an eye on the direction of the copper hill, his eyes landed on a shop that was displaying a good amount of knives and other things that looked like electrified batons.

"Let's go over there, the place looks neat. Unless you find somewhere else to go of course!" He said, walking up the street while avoiding running into passerbys.

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Killerie patiently listened to Anna's conversation with Elnaril, tilting her head in confusion. "Disappointing... parents?"

She frowned, her mandibles dipping downward as she thought about the confusing statement. "But... parents are the ones who give birth to you, right? And then they... raise you. How would you disappoint them?"

Zilian came to mind. Billions of shedlings, billions of minds united as one great mass, protecting each other and encouraging one another. The more she thought about it, the more upset she got. "I mean, if they're the ones who raise you, it's kind of their fault if you do something they don't like, right? Shouldn't you be disappointed in them?"

She huffed in irritation. "I don't think I can get disappointed with you guys. You're like the best people I've ever met."

For once, Killerie didn't think of her best friend at the statement, only able to pay attention to the concern she felt for her friends.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius

The shock of the experience had the poor elven scholar staring wide-eyed and horrified at the device in his hand. The spike was sharp, and long enough to have punched straight into his skull if he'd been much closer to it. Carefully, he lowered his hand and gently returned the weapon to the shelf and took a deliberate step back, exhaling sharply. He turned to Anna and Killerie, giving them a weak smile.

"That was indeed a little close for comfort. I think I'll stick to my books and puzzles."

The mention of disappointing parents actually had Elnaril flinching slightly. He had bad memories of his own, things he hadn't really ever discussed with anyone else before. But he felt like he could just be himself around his new friends. Real friends, like he thought he'd never have.

"It's mostly my dad. See, mom is a politician. A high ranking member of the Council on our world, the group that more or less dictates laws and how society should work. Dad is the head of security for them. He always... Wanted a son that would follow after him, become a soldier and work all the way up to his position. You can imagine how he reacted when he realized his only child was 'a spineless wretch wasting our proud blood on books and useless exploration of the past'. His words, not mine."

Elnaril sighed, remembering that particular conversation all too well. When he'd told his father he planned to enroll in a non-combat school after his primary education was done. They hasn't spoken more than a handful of words to each other ever since. He was used to the treatment but still wished things could have turned out just a little differently. When killerie spoke though, he looked up at his large friend and gave her a warm smile.

"You're both the kindest people I've encountered in my life, along with several of our crewmates. I'm glad to be your friend."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Hazmat44 Hazmat44

Anna made a face at him. "I don't like it when people speak poorly of my friends." She waggled a finger in front of Elnaril's face. "Elnaril is my friend, I won't tolerate a cross word about him!"

She was grinning. "Being a little more serious, I don't think you're spineless at all. You stood up to that assassin without a second thought. That was very heroic."

She laughed at Killerie's words. "She's right. Who needs parental approval. We've got Killerie's!"
Anna turned to look for Zark by the door. "And Zark's too!...Zark?"
But Zark was not there. He wasn't in the shop. Nor was he just outside of it.
Panic gripped Anna and held on tightly.
"Where is Zark?!"

Naberius Naberius Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Lioness075 Lioness075 andujarprime andujarprime

*~*~*

It had been a chore getting the chimera as far as they did. The electric bolt they hit him with hadn't knocked him out, it only made it possible to wrestle him into the back of the closed wagon. Half dazed and frantic, Zark threw himself against the bars of a sturdy cage.
The Doctor wasn't far. The two thugs that had grabbed the unique creature thought the strange alchemist might pay a few coins for such a beast, and so, down in the depths of the undercity, they pulled off the cover and summoned the doctor out.

Zark growled deeply, still half stunned from the electric shock. The gold collar glinted in the dim, greasy gas lamp light of the alley.
"We won't take less than five gold for him." The first man said through a blackened smile. The other stood ready with the prod, just in case.
Zark stayed still, his eyes intelligent and aware. He regarded the characters before him with a calculating stare. ((Zark's pic is in the extra bit on Anna's CS))

Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

Larassa Profile.png
Name: Larassa SovnaNickname: Raven
Race: KhoelianHome Planet: Khoeli
Occupation: Bounty HuntressEquipment: Knapsack, Bow, Quiver of Arrows (20/20 Normal, 1/1 Grappling), Twin Daggers

Larassa chuckled with a glint in her eye at Anna's reaction to her story and then smirked when she said quietly, "No."

As she was beginning her negotiations for her new weapons, Larassa's ear flickered towards her ragtag group when Anna inquired about Zark's collar. Sighing to the man in front of her, she held up a clawed finger and then glanced back at Anna and Zark peeking out from behind Killerie.
"Ay, we can get rid of it later. If ye can't tell, I'm a wee bit busy, yeah?" She said dismissively, quickly returning her focus to the blacksmith.

Larassa had struck gold here, but had to be careful of how much she was willing to pay. Not only had she found an extraordinary bow upgrade, she also managed to find a new set of daggers that were much like the weapon Anna had wielded rather chaotically. This had Larassa inwardly groaning and she turned to her side to try and keep the blacksmith's eyes on her instead of the...children in the front of the store.

Hearing Alaric rejoin them brought relief to Larassa, as she could focus entirely on the negotiation and ignore any unwarranted damages from the group. After all, Al was in charge of them for now, so he would be to blame, right?

The bow she was idly running a claw over was both elegant and deadly. It was essentially a compound bow, but the mechanics would allow the user to fold it up and have the bow remained strung even when it was unfolded. Larassa did not waste too much time in trying to understand the mechanics, most of it was lost on her, but she could see many useful applications with it. It was far sturdier than her own, as it was made of a pliable metal and the blacksmith would not stop gushing at how gorgeous the bow was. The appearance was not lost on Larassa. It was overall a dark grey with blood red accents streaked along the limbs. There was a tiny notch along the bottom limb that had Larassa envisioning securing one of her feathers to. Though, she wondered if the feather would be damaged when the bow folds up.
As she was pondering this, Larassa's eyes had shifted over to take note of the dagger Alaric presented to Anna. As much as she loved her own daggers, she was mindful of the fact that her gear was quickly becoming outdated and probably had been for many years already. Modernizing her kit was not too bad of an idea, though Larassa felt as if she could not give up her current daggers or bow to ease the costs of the new ones. She felt attached to these weapons that had saved her life, and Alaric's, on numerous occasions. Even if she never used them again, she at least would want to keep them as mementos.

Just as the negotiations between them were truly getting heated and Larassa could tell she was about to get that deal she wanted, Anna exclaimed that Zark was missing.
Groaning, Larassa rubbed at an eye and then along her muzzle. She was definitely not getting paid enough to deal with these children. She knew her time was running short and that she would need to pay before Anna rushed blindly into the streets to find Zark, who likely was just distracted by another vendor.
Larassa gritted her teeth as she shook hands with the blacksmith, who sneered at their price, which was still far too high for Larassa's liking. Thankful that she acquired the new weapons regardless, she folded up her new bow, mesmerized by the gears and mechanisms soundlessly clicking and shifting to do her bidding. She then secured her new daggers in place of her old ones, putting those in her knapsack. She would have to find somewhere to stash her bow when they were back on the ship later.

Handing over a far too big pouch of coin to the blacksmith, Larassa grumbled to herself as she returned to the group up front.
"Vhat is it now?" She asked, obviously exasperated.
Glancing out the store's door, Larassa tried to catch sight of Zark, but saw no telltale sign of him nearby.
"He can't hafe gone far, yeah?"
After saying this though, Larassa could feel an ounce of concern rise up because she remembered he still had that fancy collar on. This was not the kind of place to be flaunting any wealth.

SilverFlight SilverFlight andujarprime andujarprime Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Naberius Naberius

"Hmm? Well I suppose they're all right." Shen answered Calliope's question about Imperials. "Provided they actually do something about it..." He trailed off when he saw the cloth.
"What are you going to do with that manky thing?" He asked, barely hiding the distaste. "If you want good cloth for garments I'd be happy to oblige. I've a tailor at almost every port."
He scanned the streets, and then pointed down into a narrow bazaar. "Let's try this way."

Calliope shook her head, following him down whatever path he chose. "It's not for a garment. Do you even know how to be discreet? You're as flamboyant as the Queen." A tailor at every port. The fighter couldn't stop the eye roll.

Killerie nodded in agreement with Anna, still somewhat peeved about Elnaril's parentage. "And I'm glad to be your friend! You make really good food and you're really funny."

When Anna made the exclamation, Killerie turned around and then checked under herself, almost as if she'd been worried she could have sat on him. Alarm sparked up, a familiar anxiety sneaking into her perception as she realized the red-furred creature was nowhere to be seen. "Zark!?"

While she'd hardly spoken to Zark all that much, he had been the first person she'd met to introduce her to the rest of her friends, and Anna was close to him as well. If anything had happened to him...

When Raven spoke, Killerie skittered across the floor, rearing up so that her panic-stricken face was level with the bird woman's. "Zark's gone! I didn't see him go anywhere, he's just - he's not here anymore!"

She shook off Raven's attempt at reassurance. "He wouldn't have gone far. He stays right by Anna all the time!"

Her lower sections started writhing nervously. "Th-this is a new place! What if we never see him again!?"

Naberius Naberius SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075

Kaliha was exploring one of the markets stands, Sseems to be lost looking for a specific stand but couldn't find it, Her orbs on her antenne were the color orange indicating she was frustrated."Just where is that Stand?"She muttered. She was looking for the Rare Artifacts stand but it wasn't anywhere near here, and she wanted to trade in a jewel she found for some money. She was nearby the duo as she was too frustrated to notice them.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

SilverFlight SilverFlight
The Doctor made a sound that resembled a low breezy laugh, although it was broken with their eerie scratchy voice. It was most certainly unsettling, with the half-sane-half-madness charm the Doctor seemed to imbue in all their words and aspects.
"Ah, a marvelous specimen! Gentlemen, please, a few short questions if you will." Turning to face Zark with a movement that made the thugs doubt the Doctor was even human in nature(they most certainly were not), their spine almost seemed too fluid as Lachesis sized the chimera up.
"My dear Chimaeriformes, there is nothing to worry about. It's only when the heart palpations begin when the real fun - err trouble starts." They had been told talking would help soothe matters over...right?
Ironically enough, there was nothing soothing about their tone.

Last edited:
Alaric chuckled and shook his head as Anna walked away. He took the daggers and placed them on the counter. "Imma keep lookin, might find something for myself." He said as he turned and started making his way around the shop. He was studying the make of a specific beam saber intently when he heard Anna cry out. He looked up and around, nowhere to be seen. "Oh come on." He muttered shaking his head and putting down the weapon. "I'll look outside, you lot stay put. Don't need anyone else gettin lost..." He made a pained expression as he moved towards the door. He tried to catch Larassa's attention. Lock eyes and give her a knowing look. The one that said to be prepared for a storm trouble. If there was one thing he could almost guarantee in a port town like this, was chaos. The fallout from a missing chimera, one that travelled with the princess no less would surely bring about the kind of storm he was so used to dealing with. He couldn't say he didn't outright enjoy it, but when he was responsible for others it wasn't his favorite thing to deal with. He made his way outside, pushing the door open and stepping into the noise and commotion.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Hazmat44 Hazmat44 Naberius Naberius Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 andujarprime andujarprime
The Doctor’s examination was positively unnatural. Black gloves that covered what appeared to be claws darted in and out of a medical bag, pulling out instruments and blades and syringes filled with clear liquid before finally deciding on what they wanted: a simple needle. “A blood sample, bloodborne illnesses are so mischievous at times, no, gentlemen?”
The Corven’s eerie laugh wasn’t bothered by the lack of response from the two thugs. “And gentlemen please, your payment will be ready shortly after this examination. Now, my dear Chimaeriformes, your cooperation please. This will pince a little, but it shan’t be long before we’ll be well underway.”

Anna set her jaw. Anyone could see she was holding back tears.
"Zark has been with me as far back as I can remember. I'm coming with you to find him."
She followed Alaric outside and looked around.
"Zark would never wander off. He must have been taken. Maybe someone nearby saw something?"
andujarprime andujarprime Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius Hazmat44 Hazmat44

___

"Excuse me." Shen replied in an offended tone. "I dress far better than the queen. What's it for then, Miss Cryptic?"
A shock of red fur caught his eye and Shen turned. He saw the cage, and an all to familiar tail being pushed under a tarp.
"Bloody Hell, I think that was Anna's pet monstrosity over there..." He was so focused on what he'd seen he backed straight into some poor Brigandian woman, who seemed just about as distracted as he was.

"Steady on!" He put out a hand to catch her. When he had the chance to get a look at her he pursed his lips.
"You look like you're not bad in a fight. Fancy a quick little job? It pays."
He glanced back at Calliope. "Those two goons shouldn't be too much of a problem for three of us. Let's tail them."
Zazz Zazz Mirai-chan Mirai-chan

___

Zark crouched on all fours at the back of the cage. When the doctor spoke he bared his white fangs.
"Hold on there doctor. We want the money first." One of the thugs pressed.
"Yeah," The other chimed in, nasally and quivering. "You don't get the goods till we've got the cash see? Overwise we'll find someone else wot wants the beastie."

Through this, Zark's low, throaty growl continued. The collar glinted in the dim light, and a closer inspection would find the imperial symbol embedded on the front.
Zark's eyes darted around to the latch on the cage door, and then back around to the doctor.
Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

The situation had devolved into a certain level of panic, and Elnaril wasn't about to let his new friends handle things along. With a quick step, he followed the others out from the storefront and back into the streets. Unsure of where the strange creature could have gotten off to in so short a time without them noticing, he simply kept his elven eyes wide for any trace of heir comrade. The unique coloration, the sound of his call. Anything that could possibly be a clue.

"I am not about to sit here while one of us is missing. I'm sure he hasn't gotten far, don't worry. With all of us looking together we'll find him for sure."

This was how he could help and repay everyone for their kindness and acceptance. He might not be a fighter but this, this he could do. Puzzles and mysteries were a hobby he'd had for a while now and hoped he could at least help a little. These were his friends and he wasn't going to let them down, not now that he'd finally found people that accepted him truly.

andujarprime andujarprime Lioness075 Lioness075 SilverFlight SilverFlight Hazmat44 Hazmat44

SilverFlight SilverFlight
"Oh, please gentlemen, you know perfectly well I pay my clients no more and no less than they're due. I don't accept damaged goods, you see, too many conflicting variables. No need for a repeat of last time. Or the time before that." The Doctor's thoughts seemed to wander off for a bit as they mused before snapping back to attention. "Ah, where was I? Oh, right the payment and the examination..."
Once more Lachesis appeared to trail off as the bird mask once more swivelled towards Zark, the ticking noise clicking like the heartbeat of some twisted clock as the mask's hollow eyesockets coldly examined them. "My my my, dear Chimaeriformes what an interesting surprise..."
An Imperial emblem...how intriguing.
"The payment and a tip." The Doctor waved one hand dismissively, drawing out a black envelope with a crow's skull intricately inked onto the seal, claws darting in their bag and dragging the entire thing out without even a heartbeat after their words had been spoken. "Consider the gift a symbol of my gratitude for your discretion. Now begone! Dear gentlemen, there is work to be done."
Lachesis swished their gloved talon in a Shoo! gesture as the Corven returned to their work, the eerie clockwork seeming to click faster in either agitation or excitement. It's hard to tell which one would be worse in the presence of the Doctor.

Last edited:
The men wasted no time, they took the money and, grinning between themselves, left the shop. ((They are fair game to catch and shakedown for info for anyone who wants to post it.))

Zark watched them go out of the corner of one eye, and as soon as they were out of ear shot, Zark moved:
His tail slid out from the bars, wrapped around the latch and expertly unlocked it. The cage door swing open with his kick and Zark burst out into the little examination room, free.
He didn't run however, instead he stood on his hind legs, towering the height of a full grown human at least. His tail lashed, threatening to upturn trays of instruments and delicate glassware. He growled again, and waited to see what the doctor would do.
Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

Talathel Talathel

Esiyae ~ Silenean ~ 22 years old
Interactions: Zark SilverFlight SilverFlight and Lachesis Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

Delicate, cat-like ears swiveled as a cloaked figure paused in her steps through the crowds. A hood covered her face, but stunning two-toned orbs peered around her carefully. A soft growl at her side alerted Esiyae to her mount's unease and a delicate blue hand reached down to stroke the scaled fur. The Leolyn Sarot was as tall as her knees at the shoulder height, sapphire ice blue orbs gazed at her own as the swirled markings along her skin glowed just a hint as she smiled. The smile very quickly faded as she felt the unease of an unknown creature. Her eyes flashed dangerously as she strode through the crowds once more. HHer lithe body easily slipping through the crowded place before pausing at the dark depths of the undercity. The two unusual creatures exchanged a glance before the Silenean and her Sarot headed deeper into the undercity.

The girl followed her uneasy feeling, her eyes luminescent under her cloak as the Healer paused right outside where the feeling was strongest. She heard words and Esiyae quietly looked to find a Chimera with what appeared to be a Biomen. She wasn't certain and her empathy could already tell her the chimera was not one to be messed with. Her own soothing presence seemed to fill the air, with a hint of deadly intent, as the cloaked female entered the building quietly. Praising every star she could name for her chieftess training back on Dialea. She slowly crouched down and crept closer and closer, before standing up and sliding smoothly in front of Zark. Her eyes flashed from under the hood, the brilliant violet and turquoise gaze never leaving Lachesis. A small hand signal reminded her mount to stay hidden. Which Elincia didn't appreciate or agree with but huffed and gave a slight nod from the shadows. She would not appear unless her bonded was in danger. "I believe this Chimera is mine." A cultured voice, soft and lilted with a foreign accent spoke from under the hood. While the words were a lie, she refused to allow the Chimera to be dissected for the fun of it! Absolutely not!

A slender hand reached down to finger the dagger at her thigh, sapphire and emeralds along the hilt glinting as she kept her gaze on the Doctor at all times. Not once moving from her spot in front of Zark. The cloak shifted to reveal cat-like human feet which were blue and a skirt of brilliant turquoise and teal fabric flowed around her legs adorned with emerald floral patterns. Her tank top was crimson and hugged her upper body as she kept herself on her guard. She was not a fighter, she was a Healer and she refused to allow an innocent creature to be used for entertainment. Her eyes were dangerous and steely as she studied the Corven carefully.​

Lachesis
Interactions: SilverFlight SilverFlight Talathel Talathel
1650893029606.png
Lachesis chuckled, a surprisingly rich sound that sounded out of place here as the Doctor rose to a stand, roughly two meters tall as they replaced their medical implements with casualness as if they were with old friends. "No...I don't believe it is. Quite a funny bluff, by the by, it's been the highlight of my day."
They didn't even appear surprised(well it was hard to tell with a mask) as they inspected the Chimera with those unsettling hollow eyesockets. Perhaps they actually noticed Esiyae's... concern, or perhaps they were simply used to such a reaction, but either way Lachesis actually deigned to give it a response.
"Madame, I reassure you there's no need to worry, I would hate to waste such a glorious creature such as this on dissection."
The Doctor rummaged in their bag, hmphing with annoyance before finally finding what they were looking for. It was a pocketwatch, apparently, a clock they used once to check the time before stuffing it back into that bag. "Tak! Never even bloodtesting the poor creatures, have they no respect for scientific progression? I'm afraid I can't work very well with the pestilence knocking on my door with every patient I treat...Ah, pardon me where are my manners?"
The Corven shrugged their shoulders, what looked like ink-black feathers falling from their floor length robes as they twisted their neck at an unnatural angle that would have been impossible unless you a) were an owl or b) had a broken neck. Maintaining this...odd position the Corven continued their examination/introduction. "Doctor Lachesis, Alchemist, Surgeon, Medic, Scientist, name me whatever you will. Such a curious Chimaeriformes specimen you would see here, at least fairly healthy from what I can garner. Biomen are so rare to find these days...Especially living ones." Once more, the Doctor appeared to trail off."Awk! Stifling scientific progress, have they no respect?"
The bird-like creature moved with an eerie speed, head never righting itself as they continued their examination, now pacing around in a circle around Zark.
"Minimal damage from the energy bolt...perhaps some curious ability to deflect energy? Hm...if such a biology could be rewired perhaps...Some traces of Panthera leo in the general design, perhaps even a dash of Oryctolagus cuniculus with larger traces of Macropodidae and Gekkonidae..."
As they spoke Lachesis wove circles around the two of them not unlike an acrobat or a bird in flight. The clockwork underneath their robes seemed to record every movement, clicking and ticking seconds off. Quite the...eccentric fellow to say the least. The Doctor's head snapped itself back towards the correct position with an unsettling click, Lachesis addressing Esiyae directly without a heartbeat of difference from their previous examination.
"If your worries pesist, Madame, I would tell you that I find dissection of living biomen, quite frankly, a waste of time and ambition. You spent all those resources on splicing it together, why throw it all away and take it apart? I mean...any lesser artist might grow just a tad curious about just how these things...tick. I find it a waste, to be blunt. Such beautiful creatures..." Lachesis tut tuted, almost in disappointment. "Besides, I don't have the time to wittle away by reverse engineering living biomen, there's plently of corpses around if you want an anatomization."

Last edited:
Zark did not let the strange doctor out of his sight, that is until a new face came into the building, and put herself between them. Zark stopped growling. He stopped baring his teeth and looked around at the oddly calming woman. Slowly he sank down into a crouch, curling his tail about his legs.
Upon hearing her claim ownership Zark shot the doctor a sideways glance, and then pressed his head into the palm of the woman's hand, purring softly. As the strange doctor circled them, Zark followed them, shifting so he was always facing them. He snorted a warning, his eyes darting to the door.

Sunsmiter Sunsmiter Talathel Talathel

(( Sunsmiter Sunsmiter There's a bit of a twist to Zark, you can A. offer to take his collar off, or B. try and get a blood sample without Zark taking a limb. Both will produce a secret.))

Lachesis
1650901116747.png
The Doctor might have shrugged again, waving one hand lazily as one hand finished its search inside the black medical bag and pressed something twice (and was that a click from the door-? Damn steampunk plague doctors-), examing their specimen with calm deattachment, not unlike one might examine a zoo creature.
"My dear Chimaeriformes...if you would hold still for long enough to remove this collar...your co-operation would be quite useful. Sedatives are always so difficult to calculate, and an overdosage causing pre-mature and impromptu death will hardly be a highlight of my day."
The Doctor snapped their claws, twisting around with the same eerie grace they had displayed earlier with their...neck.
"Now, my concerned Felis catus bio-creature, the table to your left has a transparent perfume bottle. It should smell like lavender. Hand it to me, please."
The Corven extended one black-gloved talon, almost casually unconcerned.

Interactions: Zark SilverFlight SilverFlight + Lachesis Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

The unique alien species glared daggers at the circling Doctor warily. Her fingers closed into a fist as she bared her teeth, sharp eye-teeth glinting almost like cat canines as she let loose a sharp whistle. Elincia was quick to aid her mistress, prowling from the shadows. Her large paws barely made a sound as she came to the side of Esiyae. Pure white fur with ebony rosettes seemed to glitter blue and turquoise as her scales shimmered. Under the ice-blue eyes, a small line of alternating blue and turquoise scales glittered as a forked tongue slid out to lick at her ivory teeth. Elincia was not pleased if you asked her. She was deeply irritated and her fur rose along her back as she snarled. Her long tail brushed the floor as she paused in her studying, sitting down at a hand signal from Esiyae. Elincia wouldn't disobey her bonded partner's commands. The rosette spots on her fur glowed softly a moonlight silver and blue color.

Esiyae gently raised her hands to lower her hood, revealing herself fully for the first time since entering the undercity depths. Stunning red, sepia, and copper hair fell to her knees in waves of silk, purple metal wrapped around a small braid on her right side, and the gemstones glittered on the circlet which adorned her head. The sapphires and emerald twisted into her auburn locks while flowers and plants from her homeworld wove into the strands throughout her hair. Her ears pricked up slowly, as her eyes followed the Corven carefully, making sure to keep herself between the Corven and Chimera. The dots and swirled marks along her skin glowed the same moonlight silver and blue that her Leolyn Sarot was. A hiss escaped her delicate lips as her long nails curled and she was crouched to defend herself and the chimera behind her.

While the girl watched Lachesis, she could hear the ticking of some type of clockwork and it was throwing her hearing off. The closer it got, the more irritated her ears got. Her cat-like ears flattened each time the Corven came by her and she cringed away from the sound. Her unease skyrocketed as she realized her sensitive hearing would place her at a disadvantage. "Elincia, guard." The softly spoken command sent the Sarot into action. The Sarot launched herself in front of her mistress, teeth bared, growls low and rumbling as the fierce mount glared. Her tail lashed as she kept her large body between the two beings behind her. Not allowing Esiyae to pass her as she snarled. At the words from the Doctor, her eyes flashed dangerously. “I am not a creature! I am a Silenean.” She sniffed, ears pressed back as sounds began to echo around her. The sensitive hearing causing her to be a bit more … moody than usual. At his request she huffed, her fingers gently running through the head that had pressed against her hand earlier. Her empathy was running high, but she could see the door wasn't an option and so she had to. Her soft groan caused Elincia to eye her mistress warily before she padded forward to snag the bottle in her jaws, carefully dropping it at the feet of the Corven. A spark of mischief and amusement flickered in the sapphire orbs as she practically sauntered back to the Silenean who she called her bonded.

Lachesis
1650901116747-png.979094

"We're all animals are we not? Creatures. Name them as you will. If not what else should I call you?" The Corven didn't bend so much as fold to pick up the bottle, almost as if their spine was entirely fluid. "Such a marvelous creature you have there. It resembles a Panthera tigris, I assume?"
And then, motioning towards the bottle. "I find that lavender is soothing, it's quite a foreign scent for creatures like me if you ask. Madame, there's no need for such hostility, despite all my medical expertise I'm not much of a combatant. I'm a Doctor, not a brute."
The Doctor appeared to fiddle around the bottle for a while, reapplying something over the robes that already masked most of their form(well, all of it but still) before stopping their circling directly in front of Zark.
"I reassure you that it's our best common interests that this examination goes well. Biomen's anatomy have proven itself to be...untrustworthy around unknown strains, and co-operation here would be quite pragmatic. The collar firstly, the blood samples can await until our guest Chimaeriformes is in a calmer state of mind. In speaking of which, tea? No coffee, doctor's orders from Lachesis, caffeine terrible for your anatomy if you ask me." It's almost amazing how fast Lachesis would track-drift, the clockwork settling back into a quieter, less noticeable ticking noise now that their...lavender ritual was done and they weren't moving. "What is your name...Silenean?"

(Note: It's They/them. The Corven have no actual recognition of gender, and Lachesis wouldn't be able to answer if you were to ask them what gender they were.)

Last edited:

Interactions: Zark SilverFlight SilverFlight + Lachesis Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

Esiyae's delicate form tensed as her fingers left Zark to run through the fur of her bonded partner. She had seen one Panthera tigris in her life and it was a shocking glimpse. A soft sniff of her nose gave way to the distant she felt that her bonded mount was considered such a ... common feline. "Elincia is a Leolyn Sarot. She is more closely related to a Panthera uncia than anything else." She sassed at the being in front of her. Returning her fingers to protectively soothe the Chimera that she remained in front of. There was not an ounce of trust in her startling two-toned gaze. Her emotions switched from sassy to the protective caution once more as the Corven offered her a cup of tea.

Her nose wrinkled as she placed herself in front of Zark again. Her teeth flashed once more. She wasn't exactly sure where this mood swing had come from other than the fact she wished to protect the uneasy creature behind her. Her canines glinted as she eyed Lachesis. They were not something she had been used to interacting with and her interactions with other species were lacking immensely. When the Corven asked for her name, the girl lowered her eyes to meet the reassuring gaze of her friend. Both gave a slight nod before she gave the Alias she had gone by around the town before. "You can call me Ilmadria. This is Elincia, my bonded mount." She gestured to the decent-sized Sarot next to her, who very gladly showed her pearly whites at the Doctor.

The Silenean gave a snort of amusement as she caught the glimpse of mischief in her mount's eyes. "Elincia, don't you dare." She scolded fondly. Her tone colored with amusement as she shook her head, glimmering strands of hair falling in front of her violet orb. She eyed the being before her before giving a slight nod. "Tea would be fine, thank you for the offer." She spoke carefully, her accent causing her voice to sound like the bell-like crystals on her homeworld. Her fingers clenched as she fought down the tremors of worry which raced through her veins. She knew she had wanted posters up, she just wasn't sure if Lachesis had seen them or if anyone had in the Undercity. It was the sole reason for her cloak being on almost all the time.

Zark eyed the doctor warily as they stopped in front of him, but Esiyae's calming presence soothed him, and her relaxed demeanor before the doctor reassured him. His ears perked at the mention of the collar. A clawed hand went to his throat, pulling at it as if it was uncomfortable. The only reason Anna had not removed it before now was because she had been forbidden to touch it when she was still at the palace.

With one backward glance at his new protector, Zark stood again and walked forward.
"Zark." He said, after the Silenean had given her own name.
Very slowly, Zark lowered his head, and offered the back of his neck for the doctor's inspection.

Upon first glance the collar looked like nothing out of the ordinary, plated in gold, with the empire's insignia on the front. But the seem at the back didn't cut straight the way through he collar. In fact, it fed into a very complex mechanism, and the back of the collar was attached firmly to Zark's neck. Only a medical expert would be able to tell from here that there were wires feeding from the collar directly into the chimera's vertebrae, and trying to remove it outright would cause him immeasurable pain.

Sunsmiter Sunsmiter Talathel Talathel

Lachesis
1650901116747-png.979094

"Well, very pleased to make your acquaintance Ilmadria, Elincia and Zark." Lachesis first began the examinations of the collar, humming a strange birdsong as they registered the strange collar. " This is...most unusual. It's quite uncommon to see wires, especially those connected to the vertebral column." The Doctor indicated the wires as gently as they could, giving a quick explanation for the less medically inclined. "The collar is normal, quite obviously as we can tell. It feeds into some kind of mechanism quite literally attached to the speci- Zark's spinal column. I suspect it might affect the nervous system, and perhaps even the respiratory tract. It does not appear to hamper Zark's mobility for now, and removal will require surgery along with recovery, so I suggest we leave this on."
Another "hum" from the Doctor as they finished the examination as the Corven circled back to a table to both write something and finish brewing the tea. "The collar appears to cause no distress, none I can discern of this current time, although I also cannot determine the reason for its function."
They offered three teacups, one for each of their "guests", and although they held a teacup for themself it was a bit hard to think how they were going to drink it, with their mask and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back