• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello everyone!!! I'm Speck and I've been writing as a small hobby for a few years now. My favorite way to write is with other people- which is why I'm putting this search thread out today! I'm hoping to find some long term partners, and maybe make some friends too!

About me

I'm just going to say it up front- I'm a hobbyist writer, not professional. Although I do love writing and I try my very best, I make spelling and grammar mistakes on occasion. I would still consider myself a semi-lit to lit writer, but please expect a chill environment when it comes to making small mistakes in writing. Personally I can write anywhere from 2-10 paragraphs, but I average around 3-5 when given enough content to go off of.

My focus in writing

I absolutely LOVE character development and meaningful interactions between characters. Without it I get bored pretty fast, so I like to put a lot of effort towards building my characters! Although I do like a good plot, I firmly believe that having rounded and lovable characters is more important than a complex plot. And! I! Love! Character flaws! No person is perfect, and that's what makes a character so special.

What I am looking for in a partner

I only have a few requests. Please, be a semi-lit multi paragraph writer, and be willing to take some time to build a story and good characters with me! I do not expect you to post everyday. In fact I will wait pretty much any length of time as long as you keep in touch enough to let me know you will be gone for a while. I am ghost friendly too, though I do appreciate a heads up if you aren't feeling it anymore and want to leave. Other than that, I like to talk in ooc occasionally, but I also sometimes forget to reply to things so feel free to say something if I ever disappear for an extended period of time.

Plot time!

So, I will do pretty much any plot as long as it's interesting and has a bit of action involved, but I will also provide a couple ideas below!

1. Far out in the middle of nowhere sits a government facility specialized in the containment and study of anomalies, designed to keep dangers away from the civilian population. In the facility, a guard is scheduled to transport a dangerous subject from one part of the facility to another, but during the process the building goes into lockdown because something has started killing everyone. The guard and the entity soon realize the only way they will survive is to stick together, so they have to work past their differences and try to escape the facility/end the lockdown. (Fantasy/modern)

2. A hitman is hired to kill someone, but when they try to carry out the job they realize it's a person who's quite a bit younger than they expected. Having given themself a rule to not kill anyone under a certain age, the hitman decides to back off, but it soon becomes apparent that the person they were trying to kill was being held hostage/in a situation that would be detrimental to their health. The hitman decides to help against their better judgement and gets sucked into a huge conspiracy/underground crime operation as they try to survive with their newfound friend.
(Realistic/modern or fantasy/modern)

3. Kinda interested in a vampire+human enemies to friends type deal, so if you have any ideas for that let me know!
(Fantasy/modern)

4. pretty much any plot with messed up but redeemable characters would be awesome tbh.

That's all I have for now! Please dm me if you're interested in anything, and have an absolutely wonderful night!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back