• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood Heya Bud! Two questions.

1. How far have we traveled in total from the Kraken?

2. What does this sentence mean?
A keen eye can see recent signs of something coming down the street; could be some of the local fauna, or possibly a machine patrol.
Do we see signs of something coming down the street now? Or do we see recent signs of something that has come down the street?

Sherwood Sherwood Heya Bud! Two questions.

1. How far have we traveled in total from the Kraken?

2. What does this sentence mean?

Do we see signs of something coming down the street now? Or do we see recent signs of something that has come down the street?
1. Just over twenty miles overland. You have been placing Trailblazers as you go.

2. Poor choice of words. Let me clarify. There are signs that in the recent past something - or many somethings - have been through here. There is not anything coming right now.

Sherwood Sherwood While it's clear Splicers have military training, I don't know as to what level it tends to go.

1. Are our characters aware of NOE (nap-of-the-earth) radar evasion? If so, Chaska is going to recommend we use it with the best possible speed. (For my fellow players who might not know, NOE is this. I'm thinking this at zoomy-Griffon speeds.)

2. We have 6 days-plus to get this mission done so this seems pretty feasible to me. If we travel this way, it seems to me we'll have plenty of time. But I'm not the Game Master. If we go this route, how will we be with time?

1. I will say yes, you guys can have knowledge on NOE flying.

2. It is conceivable that you could get to the complex in less than an hour of straight flying, assuming you don't run into any obstacles. It will take some extra time to stop and place the Trailblazers every few miles as you go, and there is the risk of machine encounters. Just remember that the mission is to place the Squealers on sensitive places in the complex to draw in the Kamikaze Worms and observe the results. The sooner you get there, that will give you more time to sneak in and place the homing beacons for best effect, then you can dig in at a safe distance and chill until the Worms get there and do their work.

Well, even if we fly at a slower speed, say, 50 mph, it is going to be a hell of a lot faster than walking. It should also give us time to react if there are any machine forces in our way.

Maybe not go at max speed, but fast enough to cover the distance and be able to react to any machine activity before we run into it.

Maybe not go at max speed, but fast enough to cover the distance and be able to react to any machine activity before we run into it.
I agree. Time is on our side.

She looks over at Chaska and says, "Does your armor have fight capability?
Chaska's Armor:
fight me bruce lee GIF

( Psychie Psychie I couldn't help posting this after the question Toni asked. Hee hee! =) )

You know I meant flight. Sigh.
/silly on I did, I did! 8D /silly off

Psychie Psychie (Incoming hyperactivity-fueled post written with love. Duck for cover!) =)

/serious on But... to me.... a Game Master is a master, Psychie. Details matter. If you are allowed to get into the bad (possibly lazy!) habit of "you know what I meant," you might very well turn off quality-loving detail-oriented players who appreciate the efforts some folks make in getting it right the first time.

If I notice that your hair is out of place, and it's pretty clear that you don't realize it, or that your lipstick is smudged against your mouth, etc.. How can I call myself your friend... if I allow you to go around unknowingly looking like a clown? If I am your friend, I discreetly inform you of the needed fix just the same way I would hope you would inform me. Because it's the decent thing to do - the good thing to do!

It is in this spirit - this love I have for you and all of my friends - that I point out these things. Sherwood tends to have less of these errors, but you've seen me "get him" too. And so I tease - make silly, if you will - in a lighthearted attempt to show you a goof in the hopes that you will improve as a gamer...

...and as a Game Master in the games you run. Your reputation, kind or messy, will follow you.

And then here's the part where I must bring up the "off switch." If at any time you want me to stop this - stop pointing out errors that will improve you - dear Psychie, all you have to do is let me know. You won't hear another word out of me (this is something I tell all of my friends on this matter). I will watch you step into the mud and possibly make a great fool of yourself and (this is the tough part for me) remain silent about it.

I am a good GM, writer, martial artist, (and much more) in part because I have been made aware of my own errors and fixed them (I'm still doing this, you might notice, in both of my games - Sharseya and Robotech: Broadsword).

So yeah. Details matter and so do the errors my friends make. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

/serious off Chaska's Armor Got All Da Fight You Kin HANDLE! OOH YEAH! HIYAAA! WOOOOOO! 8D

Edit- fixed a misspelling because Purr Purr is a noodlehead.(but we still love him)
HEY! That's hyper-caring-give-a-damn-until-the-end-of-time-whatcha-gonna-do-about-it-noodlehead to you, Oh Psychalicious One! Rawr! 8D

And then here's the part where I must bring up the "off switch." If at any time you want me to stop this - stop pointing out errors that will improve you - dear Psychie, all you have to do is let me know. You won't hear another word out of me (this is something I tell all of my friends on this matter). I will watch you step into the mud and possibly make a great fool of yourself and (this is the tough part for me) remain silent about it.
No, my friend, I don't want you to stop. As much as I may grumble, I do appreciate your feedback.

No, my friend, I don't want you to stop. As much as I may grumble, I do appreciate your feedback.
Then you're gonna continue to get it! It's yours because I think you're cool! Rawr! 8D

Okay working on post was thinking about it.

IC how about we just fly up really high briefly to follow the tracks we have a variety of super vision and at 200 feet you can see 17.5 miles away. We could go high for a few seconds then dive into a low flight.

Okay working on post was thinking about it.

IC how about we just fly up really high briefly to follow the tracks we have a variety of super vision and at 200 feet you can see 17.5 miles away. We could go high for a few seconds then dive into a low flight.
I can go with that. We'd at least see what it is to avoid it.

I'm just waiting on an IC post about you flying off before I post again.

I'm currently in talks with One of Hearts One of Hearts to join our group. It will take a bit to get him up to speed on the world and get a character made, so I'm guessing I'll introduce his character after you plant the Squealers at the industrial complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back