• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
A few basics between customers as I work.

Your skills are all percentile, and you want to roll under your skill percent to succeed in the roll. Each time you go up a level, your skills increase a fixed amount depending on the skill; usually 3-5 percent per level to a maximum of 98%. Any roll over that is an automatic failure for some reason.

Combat is determined by a d20, just like in DnD or Pathfinder. A natural 1 is a fumble, and get to come up with an inventive reason why you missed. A natural 2-4 is also a miss, but not as bad as a fumble. Natural 20's are critical strikes doing double damage. There are some combat skills that will let you get the crit strike on an expanded range of numbers, such as 19-20 or 18-20.

You have eight Attributes.
IQ is how smart you are. High IQ gives you bonuses to Perception and your skill percentages.
ME is mental endurance. Resistance to psionic attack (which don't exist in Splicers) and insanity saves.
MA is mental affinity, a.k.a. charisma.
PS is physical strength. How much you can lift/carry, and it adds to your hand to hand combat damage.
PP is physical prowess, a.k.a. dexterity. A high PP gives bonuses to strike, parry and dodge.
PE is physical endurance. It gives you your base hit points and saving throw for poisons.
PB is physical beauty. How gods looking you are.
SPD is speed, your raw ability to run.

Base human attributes are 3-18, with nine being average. Player characters have better scores. To determine attributes, roll 4d6 for all Attributes, rerolling '1s' until there are no more. If your result is a 16-18, you add in 1d6. If that extra die is also a '6', roll one more d6 for a potential starting value of 30 before the addition of any skills.

Sherwood invited me and it sounds pretty fun! I've never played a game like this, but I'm totally down to give it a shot!

Terrific!

I am a longtime fan of female gamers (so much that I married one Kaerri Kaerri ). =) I remember a time when guys would say things like "girl gamers don't exist." I would just shake my head and try to tell them that they do! And they tend to care more about their fellow players than their male counterparts (who were sometimes gaming just for the boasting and the toys).

I'm a firm believer that the individual is more important than any game, and a person's internal character (their moral compass) matters more to me than whatever they were or were not born with.

Concerning Splicers and roleplaying in general, is there anything you find yourself curious about that a player might answer for you?

That is a thoughtful and kind thing to ask, thank you! I'll need to look into the lore and a bit into character creation before I ask any questions (believe me, there will definitely be questions!) Sherwood mentioned that they'd send me a pdf with some info so I'll be waiting for that! I'll make sure to reach out if I have any questions if that's alright! I'm pretty sure I will.

I've only recently started playing games. But I enjoy the ttrpg games and the rp's I find here! I hope to be mindful and respectful to all players( cause we all want to have fun at the end of the day!). I think it's pretty cool you have noticed that many female players feel the same way!

I am always careful when using gender pronouns here until the person in question lets me know what they prefer to be referred to by. I usually go with he/him as a default, but if One of Hearts One of Hearts is comfortable with me using she/her I'll go with that.

I am always careful when using gender pronouns here until the person in question lets me know what they prefer to be referred to by. I usually go with he/him as a default, but if One of Hearts One of Hearts is comfortable with me using she/her I'll go with that.
Hey Bud! One of Hearts "About" section on her page states Female under Gender. =)

One of Hearts One of Hearts A little background for you here: Sherwood and I are old friends. I've been RPing with Psychie for years and Sherwood has been RPing with her much longer than I have. This is my second game with Mirgris who is a talented RPer who understands well the characters he makes.

Sherwood's played more games than I've probably ever even seen, but I seem to be the detail-oriented deep-diver of our gaming groups, especially with worlds that catch my eye and heart. =)

As far as the sense of community here, I have been a member here since 2005 (holy crap that's a long time), and I have made many good gaming friends that I've never met in person. This is a great site to come to.

Last edited:
Yeah, dannigan and I were old high school buds, playing our hybrid version of battle tech, Star Frontiers, Robotech and anything else we decided to add into the game that we liked. Those were some great times.

Yeah, dannigan and I were old high school buds, playing our hybrid version of battle tech, Star Frontiers, Robotech and anything else we decided to add into the game that we liked. Those were some great times.
Unbeatable times! Wish Killfire were still with us (as he was the third of our trio). Without Killfire and you, Kaerri and I wouldn't be here in RP Nation. =)

Just got a nibble from Eonivar Eonivar wanting to join in. Welcome to the game!
Thanks, I was originally looking at a Skinjob but I then noticed that was not on the list of available OCCs, so I am looking at something else. I have not read up on the plot or anything. Open to ideas and suggestions as to any particular occ that would be welcome or useful to the current party.

Thanks, I was originally looking at a Skinjob but I then noticed that was not on the list of available OCCs, so I am looking at something else. I have not read up on the plot or anything. Open to ideas and suggestions as to any particular occ that would be welcome or useful to the current party.
Heya Eon! Good to see you again and share another game with you. Have you met One of Hearts?

As for who's already in the team, we have...

...Toni the Dreadguard (played by Psychie). She follows the Dreadguard code of honor and I think she's an all-around multi-faceted kind of warrior both in thought and armament. She's the stable one in our group (the closest thing we have to a squad leader though we haven't designated anyone in that role). Toni's been curious and kind and practical thus far.

I think Lance the Outrider flying his huge War-mount Griffon, Pretty Bird, is basically our unhinged "Wolverine" of the team. Always eager for a melee frackas as he's sworn off ranged combat by way of his own code of honor, he loves flying up high (where we are now) and being ready to hit the Machine where it hurts. Lance often refers to his Griffon as his "better half," preferring a "loud and proud" approach. He's not some mindless rager though - I think Lance tries to think things through and do what's best for the team - he's just a guy you have to let go and melee-kill things from time to time.

This brings my character, Chaska the Deliveryman, and his faithful "birb" (intentionally misspelled) Woodstock into the fold. If Lance is our battle-crying bullhorn, Chaska is one of the Kraken's... how shall I put it... Whispers in the Tall Grass (hats off to anyone who gets that reference!). Chaska is an odd duck - a rare loner raised virtually alone on the surface of the world. He survived via evasion, silence, and studying the Machine until the Kraken discovered and recruited him. When he does go hot against the Machine, it's completely without mercy and also without hate.

This is our first mission together. Our head honcho, Chief Carl Rybeck, dubbed us his Gorehounds and our team, "Cerberus." It's a stealth mission and thus we're trying to be quiet and undetected all the way to our mission objective - basically to set up the destruction of a major Machine facility by way of new Splicer technology that we're carrying and using.

With you and One of Hearts here, our team be nearly twice its size. Who knows what fun will happen then? Good times await! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Oh! There's no worries! I am a she/her, but since we're online I totally get that it's difficult to know, so I'm not offended at all! I probably wouldn't be offended either way.

I think its cool that you guys have been on here and good friends for awhile! I'm excited to join the fray!

It is very nice to meet you One of Hearts! I am Eonivar (he/him) I am writing and have written with these guys for a few years now. I also do other non-dice RPs on this site.

I am going on a quiet getaway at a castle and cottages in the woods for the next five days, so I will have time to figure out my character then.

Where is the Bombadier class? I vaguely remember what it does…and what is it?

I am going on a quiet getaway at a castle and cottages in the woods for the next five days, so I will have time to figure out my character then.

Where is the Bombadier class? I vaguely remember what it does…and what is it?
The Bombardier is in the I Am Legion book, and it has several specialized organic artillery units that the character can control. If you pull one in, keep in mind that you'll have to keep track of possibly multiple artillery units in addition to your own character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back