• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hey! I just want to point out that if I were not playing Chaska, I would likely be playing a more extroverted character that would have invited Lance along? It's just not in Chaska to think of these things (but I don't want Mirgris or Lance to feel left out of the conversation).

Just figured it is worth mentioning in the spirit of teamwork and good roleplaying. =)

Does anyone have any special requests for equipment? If so, make sure you post it either here or in the IC thread so I can move the story forward.

Purr Purr Mirgris Mirgris Psychie Psychie

Does anyone have any special requests for equipment? If so, make sure you post it either here or in the IC thread so I can move the story forward.

Purr Purr Mirgris Mirgris Psychie Psychie
From Chief Rybeck's discussion, I thought Corporal Styles was just going to give us some extra explosives. What special requests for equipment can we make?

I intend on posting in-game as soon as I'm able (someone should reply to Lance and Chaska has something to tell him. His Player, on the other hand, is going to bed because he really needs the sleep). =)

(There is no cat like Maru. I swear, I've never seen a cat like boxes this much.) =)
Cute Cat Improvise GIF

From Chief Rybeck's discussion, I thought Corporal Styles was just going to give us some extra explosives. What special requests for equipment can we make?

I intend on posting in-game as soon as I'm able (someone should reply to Lance and Chaska has something to tell him. His Player, on the other hand, is going to bed because he really needs the sleep). =)

(There is no cat like Maru. I swear, I've never seen a cat like boxes this much.) =)
Cute Cat Improvise GIF
If there is any kind of specialty gear you'd like to ask for, now is your chance. You may not get what you are asking for, but there is a chance.

I'm thinking we are going to do better traveling light and fast instead of loaded up with lots of gear. That being said, I would like a couple more Migs for a total of three. At the moment, I think that should do me just fine.

If there is any kind of specialty gear you'd like to ask for, now is your chance. You may not get what you are asking for, but there is a chance.
Like what, please? Could you provide a few examples?

(Sorry, my brain is very tired right now. I've been at it for hours.)

Hmm. I not quite sure what to suggest. There are a variety of bio weapons you might ask for in the I Am Legion book. It is by no means a requirement; I was just wanting to move things forward soon.

I'm thinking we are going to do better traveling light and fast instead of loaded up with lots of gear. That being said, I would like a couple more Migs for a total of three. At the moment, I think that should do me just fine.
I can see no reason you can't get a couple more Migs.

Hmm. I not quite sure what to suggest. There are a variety of bio weapons you might ask for in the I Am Legion book. It is by no means a requirement; I was just wanting to move things forward soon.
I'll have to answer tomorrow. Thanks for the option. Good night! =)

Sherwood Sherwood I just realized I don't know what Chaska knows in order to make my next post an accurate one.

Chaska's lived a loner's life where silence and hiding meant survival (a great deal like Kyle Reese and the human rebellion in the first Terminator movie). I take it he has lots of experience hiding and while he has Stealth Field, his birb Woodstock has Camouflage.

Sherwood, from a Deliveryman's perspective, is Lance's argument about Camouflage being useless or near-useless correct? If it were useless, then why put it in the game at all?

This also begs the question - how does the Machine typically go about finding humans in your game? I'm sure this is a bit different in each Splicers game from GM to GM. But if Lance's argument is true - that Camouflage is near-useless (and thus, Stealth Field which costs 50 Bio-E after the 20 one pays for Camouflage), then maybe I'm playing the wrong O.C.C. if indeed the Deliveryman is such easy pickings for the Machine to find?

What are your thoughts and where is the truth here?

Last edited:
I don't subscribe to the thought that the Camouflage ability is ineffective. Since your Host Armor is non-metallic, it makes detecting you by radar much harder, especially in any terrain that is rough or underground. If you are out in the open or flying, then it is a bit easier to pick up a non-ferrous target.

Being motionless and prone gives (I believe) a 90% chance to be undetected by visual means. Obviously a large War Mount like Lance's Griffon will be easier to spot just due to the size, but in any kind of cover, your odds of getting away undetected go way up. The Machine does have good optics and sound detecting equipment, but they are hardly infallible.

Regarding your bird sidekick, so long as it looks and behaves like a normal bird, there is little need to try and kill it. Why waste the ammo on every bird you see? In places where a bird is less likely to hang around, you have the Camouflage to help keep it alive.

Does that help answer some of your questions?

Last edited:
O.K. so that's the reality of it here. Good to know!
Being motionless and prone gives (I believe) a 90% chance to be undetected by visual means.
Chameleon Skin a.k.a. Camouflage is 90% if completely still, 95% if prone. 70% if moving very slowly and the faster you go, the easier you're seen.

Regarding your bird sidekick, so long as it looks and behaves like a normal bird, there is little need to try and kill it. Why waste the ammo on every bird you see? In places where a bird is less likely to hang around, you have the Camouflage to help keep it alive.
Right! My thinking precisely.

I don't subscribe to the thought that the Camouflage ability is ineffective. Since your Host Armor is non-metallic, it makes detecting you by radar much harder, especially in any terrain that is rough or underground. If you are out in the open or flying, then it is a bit easier to pick up a non-ferrous target.
O.K.. I take it Deliverymen or any Splicer with Camouflage/Chameleon Skin (pick the name you like) is aware of this, Chaska included. Now I just need to get into his head and, armed with this knowledge, find out how he wants to answer Lance.

Sherwood Sherwood Has Toni ever heard of this Saint Kallen?
Have any of us heard of Saint Kallen?
Yes. She is spoken in the ranks of the Dreadguard with reverence, and there is a small order of the chosen few that are inducted into the Order of Saint Kallen every year. On very rare occasions, when there are circumstances that warrant it, even someone that is not a Dreadguard has been added to the Order. In any case, it has never happened to anyone under level 5, and even that has been a rarity.

Yes. She is spoken in the ranks of the Dreadguard with reverence, and there is a small order of the chosen few that are inducted into the Order of Saint Kallen every year. On very rare occasions, when there are circumstances that warrant it, even someone that is not a Dreadguard has been added to the Order. In any case, it has never happened to anyone under level 5, and even that has been a rarity.
Besides the honor itself, what is the significance of being part of this order? Special missions? Are they a "special forces rescue team" of some kind? Maybe a "SEAL Team 6" or the like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back