• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Aside from worrying about our diseased party member, I'm working on a IC post. Hopefully I'll have it set up soon.

So our characters don't even know each other's names yet and we're about to depend on each other for our very survival.

Woooo! 8D

I would think we know each other at least in passing. After all, there is only a crew of 400 and we've had a few weeks.

You know one another from your time on the Kraken. It is up to you to decide if it is just a passing acquaintance or if you have talked more than just saying hi.

You know one another from your time on the Kraken. It is up to you to decide if it is just a passing acquaintance or if you have talked more than just saying hi.
Well, I had brought this up about a week ago...
Still, this particular stopping point creates a kind of... "So, uhhh, come here often?" scene. Heh! But if that's what we're supposed to be doing, someone else is welcome to start it off.
... and Chaska really hasn't changed his mind (in my head). He's a watcher, an introvert, and a guy with - at this stage in the story - limited social experience and skills. It might just take several weeks for him just to get warmed up to the idea of talking to crewmates - and even then, it won't be his idea to start conversations. As a wild and sometimes shy guy with animalistic traits and a highly unusual upbringing, it might take a certain kind of persistence just to get him to talk to anyone at all. Otherwise, he speaks only when he absolutely has to, and even then, he's not like everyone else. =)

I imagine, these past few weeks, Chaska and Woodstock have been doing their share of exploring. As in getting to know the Kraken backwards and forwards. That's the being itself, not the crew. He's not going to treat the Kraken like some lifeless boat but as a living being with needs. I can imagine him helping the Kraken any way he can (even as janitorial help - keeping the insides of the great beast clean and tidy). So too the four pilots who run the Kraken should he learn about them.

Otherwise, Chaska's time is taken up in solitude, practicing his martial arts with a passion, meditating, and studying whatever seems appropriate at the time.

Let me think on if I will let you guys get a slight advance of some Bio-E points to buy some camouflage/stealth fields.

And if I do, then dannigan will get some other bonus for his Bio-E points.

Alright, looking at the bio-e cost of the Stealth Field, I don't want to hand over 70 points to get the Camouflage plus upgrade to the Stealth Field. I can handle letting everyone get an advance of the 20 needed for the Camouflage if everyone is on board with that.

If you do really well, you may get the 20 bio-e as a reward from the Librarians and be able to use your future points to something else.

Alright, looking at the bio-e cost of the Stealth Field, I don't want to hand over 70 points to get the Camouflage plus upgrade to the Stealth Field. I can handle letting everyone get an advance of the 20 needed for the Camouflage if everyone is on board with that.
Yes. Very much so. =)

If you do really well, you may get the 20 bio-e as a reward from the Librarians and be able to use your future points to something else.
Cool! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Having Chaska ask that, I feel almost as if we are playing some video game together and I found some hidden secret bonus!

Super Stupendous Splicer Secret! "During your early hours of the game, speak to the Chief and assure him that you can do the job and you'll be forwarded 20 Bio-E points to help your team buy Camouflage. Of course, if you've been dummies, you're lucky he's not instead putting his foot up your butts."

Ding! =)

I have banked 23 Bio-E points. With a total of 43, I would like to do this for Wyldkat if it's O.K.?

Upgrade to Regeneration: Super. 30B.
Retractable Claws. 5B.
Sensitive Whiskers. 5B.
Cosmetics: Black fur, cat-like markings, furry (but otherwise useless) cosmetic tail. 3B.

EDIT: Misspelled "sensitive." There's a joke in there somewhere. =)

Last edited:
I like the "giant chicken" comment. That made me actually laugh out loud. Thank you.
I liked that comment too! That gives my character something to briefly and excitedly inwardly ponder in my next post. =)

There. Chaska's updated. =)

Mirgris Mirgris Hey Mirgris! When you come back, we've got 20 more Bio-E to play around with (as if you didn't know by the time read this)! Get better soooooon! No, really. Feel healthier soon, buddy! =)

Should we wait for our sicko Mirgris Mirgris to get a post in?i don't want to run the game off without his input.
No. There is no telling when he'll be back. The both of you know better than most how long COVID can derail your lives. You two were gone for weeks. This may be no different.

I imagine Mirgris would like us to play on. Else, I think he would have asked us to stay put until his return. His posts have been direct and filled with thoughtful content enough to make me think he expresses his wishes in a "straight-up" fashion.

I feel Mirgris is here for the same reasons you are - to have fun. To express and learn. To share the fun in all that we create. "Pause buttons" only interfere with that, though I think it's a nice thought worth sharing. I just hope he is able to recover from COVID well-enough to enjoy his pot - which, I imagine, his selection(s) is its own brand of fun. Heh! =)

That's my vote anyway. Should the two of you feel differently, and I am outvoted, I hold no grudge. Because, as always, I'm here for the fun too. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Well spoken, my friend. And Psychie, it shows you as a good person that you even thought to ask about waiting. Let's go ahead and continue on and Mirgris can catch up when he returns.

Ok. I can deal with that.
It's so cool of you to ask, though. I'm glad Mirgris is with us (and that he was cool enough to tell me he wasn't going to ghost - else, you know me, I might not be playing in this one with you two). =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back