• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Later that night, Katja finally made her way home. Or... back to the dorm. This was strange. She hadn’t imagined that her life would be going in this direction. She had expected to spend all her life in Northaria, never venturing passed its rocky cliffs, and yet here she was, in Westeros, the place of her father’s ancestors- or, her ancestors, she supposed. It all felt so strange.

She pulled the blanket further over herself and shivered. By the gods, it got cold in here during the night! And she thought Northaria was bad! This was ridiculous, how could it go from blistering heat during the day to freezing cold at night?

As she rolled over and attempted to get some sleep, her mind traveled back to her conversation with Caliban. Did he really mean all those things? Was she their friend? Did he...
Nononono, stop! You’re going to give yourself a heart attack!
A heart attack? Is that why her heart started to race whenever Cal smiled, or when he even looked at her? She looked back on those moments and her face lit up bright red. She could feel the blush on her cheeks and she clapped her hands to her face. This wasn’t real. She did not like this idiot... I mean I like him, but like as a friend! Not... like like him!

The young woman grabbed the pillow from under her head and smashed her face into it, squealing her frustration into it to muffle the noise. This was going to be a wild time.

~~~~~~~~

Katja watched anxiously when Targus cut her own arm open just so Rhyne could fix it. That seemed excessive, especially to her. But it seemed that if she wanted to try it, that would be the method.

“um... How do I test the healing magic? I don’t want anyone to hurt themselves just so I can try... I’m not sure I understand how I to do magic anyway...”

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 Naberius Naberius SilverFlight SilverFlight Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro
Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie

355d6cb74c6b99325ff05b40618442b8.jpg
Caliban Lupei

As usual, Cal slept like the dead: Deeply and unmoving. Except for the rather obnoxious snoring, anyway. When they were all assembled in the hall together, he definitely couldn't help but notice the newcomers. Were they going to be joining their class? Were they older students lumped in with their group for the sake of convenience or something else entirely? Unfortunately, those questions would have to wait as the teachers began their demonstrations. When Rhyne was doing his, he saw the blade come out and took a step forward instinctively in a defensive gesture, but quickly stepped back, realizing immediately just what the purpose of the attack was. Still, it seemed a bit much. Being from Sudenta, he couldn't help but feel drawn to the plant magic when Targus took her turn to show them her own specialty. Not only would it be very useful back home, but plants just always made him comfortable. Probably because he had grown up around such a vast quantity of them that it had just become imprinted in his subconscious.

"That's wild, I love it! That would be perfect for traps back home, and growing a vegetable garden."

His mind was racing back to those moments when they regained some small fragment of their memories, especially during the ritual before, when he had been helping Katja with her strength training and the others had been sparring. So many pieces flew by, but they fell through his fingers like sand, only able to keep a hold of one or two. None of which happened to include magic of any kind. Still, something was pecking at the back of his mind. Not a memory, per se, but a feeling. A tingling sensation that he couldn't quite place. It ran down his arms and through his fingers before he realized his eyes had been closed for a few minutes and probably looked like he had fallen asleep.

SilverFlight SilverFlight explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro AncientBird AncientBird AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina

Westeros. To quote her friend about her former clan, Westeros is "a dry and disdainful island, inhabited by people whose very natures matched the island's climate." And in Eli's own words, Westeros is simply "a very bad place."

And now, thanks to a supposedly 'concerning gap in her memory' and the deathborn, she must now travel to Westeros.

When the guides had first suggested the move to their group, Eli had roared and railed against the idea, even threatening to walk out from this whole mess. (On what grounds did she have to believe them, anyway?) Granted, her threat was brash, a poorly-conceived idea brought about by her loathing of Westeros, and all its little islands, but in Eli's opinion, facing skeleton beasts dead-set on hunting her down sounded a lot easier than facing the skeletons in her closet. (With the former, she could at least have some justification in defending herself. She could fight them off and no one would complain about it.. With the latter, she's much more likely to get charged, especially given her usual approach to problems.)

Two things, however, stopped her from hopping on to her skybeast and zipping off to Sudenta: the possibility that these deathborns would follow her back to her family, and her promise to Emmaline.

Say what you will about Eli, but frankly, she was never one to willingly break a promise, regardless of how impulsively she had made the said promise. So, she relented (with great reluctance), and offered a wooden carving and a prayer to Ventar, in the the hopes that this would all be resolved quickly.

────​

Surprisingly enough, her entire stay at the academy so far has been... Comfortable. They provided her with fresh clothing, warm food, a place to rest and refresh. All of this, without asking for anything in return.

Yet. She adds. Getting complacent so quickly won't help her at all. After all, she still hadn't figured out their motivations.

In the privacy of the garden she had been lounging in, Eli couldn't help but wonder aloud, "why are they helping?" Though she appreciated their hospitality, her ignorance about her benefactors unsettled her. Idly, she thumbs at her amulet, almost whispering the words that would summon Claudius to her. "Ko─" Almost. But not now. There will be a time for conversation with him later. After all, Cloudy needs rest. She can just ask for his insights on the matter after she's reunited with Emmaline.

Still, until a proper resolution to that question can be reached, Eli won't be letting her guard down. So, after familiarizing herself with the layout of the academy, enough to know of any exits should she need to make an escape later, she arrives at the entrance to the training hall, with her satchel and nearly all her personal belongings on her.

To be frank, Eli looked like she was ready to uproot herself.

────​

The demonstrations from their would-be instructors were meretricious. Beautiful, no doubt, but ultimately useless to her. When it comes to magic, you've either got it or you don't. That's what she was taught, anyhow, and Eli's pretty sure that she doesn't have the potential for it, anyway. She instead nodded along to the show.

What did intrigue her, however, was the mention of lost memories, the deathborn, and the fact that she had apparently attended the academy at some point in her life. The first two was old news, though it did surprise her to know that she and Emmaline hadn't been the only ones afflicted with the memory loss. But the third thing... That's impossible.

Everyone who's ever known Eli has already heard the standard speech against Westeros. That it's a very bad place. That it's not livable, and better off falling from the sky. So why would she ever return to the island? Was she perhaps forced into it? Was there something that led her here, like the deathborn's threat to her person? Maybe she should check out those records they mentioned. Check for clues there.

Regardless, she'll need to discuss all of this first with Emmaline, though at another time, because the instructors seemed to be hoping a response. For them to be 'drawn to the magic they were mastering before'. A vague way of putting it, but Eli believed she could ignore the rest of the lecture for now, given her lack of aptitude.

Then, all of a sudden, Emmaline darted behind her. Usually, that was a sign that there was danger incoming. But in this training hall, the only conceivable danger would probably be the instructors. Reassuringly, Eli gives Emmaline a few pats on the head and turns her attention to the dark-haired stranger that approached them.

Just one of the students, she told herself. The other girl seemed to be concerned about them and asked a couple of questions.

Eli, never one to withhold when asked, replies to the first in a deadpan fashion: "No." This whole mess was still pretty new to her, after all. "I am not yet okay." Still too many uncertain things surrounding their situation. Naturally, Eli's response to the second question was a nod. "It is all too, ehhh, complicated for me. I am used to knowing what I should do, how to kill it, but this..." She trails off, uncomfortable with her incompetence. "I am very lost about."

The girl seemed to be nice enough. Perhaps she'd be open to questions herself? "And you? Why are you here? Were you also...?"
elaiana

OUTFIT:
Eli is currently wearing a light sleeveless dress, with a bright colorful fabric wrapped securely around her waist. A dark brown cowl sits on her shoulders, with the hood down. Bottom-wise, she has on a pair of tight brown trousers and surprisingly sturdy hemp sandals. (To be specific, she is wearing 1 from the reference, created by Mad Bee, though without the bejeweled collar.)

Aside from that, she has her nicked leather bracer on her left hand and her trusty satchel slung on her right shoulder.

INTERACTIONS:
Emmaline, Kari.

TAGS:
AncientBird AncientBird
AquaMarie AquaMarie
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten
kase9187 kase9187
Lioness075 Lioness075
Naberius Naberius
Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
SilverFlight SilverFlight
YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

PROOFREAD PROGRESS: Done.
code by fudgecakez
Westeros. To quote her friend about her former clan, Westeros is "a dry and disdainful island, inhabited by people whose very natures matched the island's climate." And in Eli's own words, Westeros is simply "a very bad place."

And now, thanks to a supposedly 'concerning gap in her memory' and the deathborn, she must now travel to Westeros.

When the guides had first suggested the move to their group, Eli had roared and railed against the idea, even threatening to walk out from this whole mess. (On what grounds did she have to believe them, anyway?) Granted, her threat was brash, a poorly-conceived idea brought about by her loathing of Westeros, and all its little islands, but in Eli's opinion, facing skeleton beasts dead-set on hunting her down sounded a lot easier than facing the skeletons in her closet. (With the former, she could at least have some justification in defending herself. She could fight them off and no one would complain about it.. With the latter, she's much more likely to get charged, especially given her usual approach to problems.)

Two things, however, stopped her from hopping on to her skybeast and zipping off to Sudenta: the possibility that these deathborns would follow her back to her family, and her promise to Emmaline.

Say what you will about Eli, but frankly, she was never one to willingly break a promise, regardless of how impulsively she had made the said promise. So, she relented (with great reluctance), and offered a wooden carving and a prayer to Ventar, in the the hopes that this would all be resolved quickly.

────​

Surprisingly enough, her entire stay at the academy so far has been... Comfortable. They provided her with fresh clothing, warm food, a place to rest and refresh. All of this, without asking for anything in return.

Yet. She adds. Getting complacent so quickly won't help her at all. After all, she still hadn't figured out their motivations.

In the privacy of the garden she had been lounging in, Eli couldn't help but wonder aloud, "why are they helping?" Though she appreciated their hospitality, her ignorance about her benefactors unsettled her. Idly, she thumbs at her amulet, almost whispering the words that would summon Claudius to her. "Ko─" Almost. But not now. There will be a time for conversation with him later. After all, Cloudy needs rest. She can just ask for his insights on the matter after she's reunited with Emmaline.

Still, until a proper resolution to that question can be reached, Eli won't be letting her guard down. So, after familiarizing herself with the layout of the academy, enough to know of any exits should she need to make an escape later, she arrives at the entrance to the training hall, with her satchel and nearly all her personal belongings on her.

To be frank, Eli looked like she was ready to uproot herself.

────​

The demonstrations from their would-be instructors were meretricious. Beautiful, no doubt, but ultimately useless to her. When it comes to magic, you've either got it or you don't. That's what she was taught, anyhow, and Eli's pretty sure that she doesn't have the potential for it, anyway. She instead nodded along to the show.

What did intrigue her, however, was the mention of lost memories, the deathborn, and the fact that she had apparently attended the academy at some point in her life. The first two was old news, though it did surprise her to know that she and Emmaline hadn't been the only ones afflicted with the memory loss. But the third thing... That's impossible.

Everyone who's ever known Eli has already heard the standard speech against Westeros. That it's a very bad place. That it's not livable, and better off falling from the sky. So why would she ever return to the island? Was she perhaps forced into it? Was there something that led her here, like the deathborn's threat to her person? Maybe she should check out those records they mentioned. Check for clues there.

Regardless, she'll need to discuss all of this first with Emmaline, though at another time, because the instructors seemed to be hoping a response. For them to be 'drawn to the magic they were mastering before'. A vague way of putting it, but Eli believed she could ignore the rest of the lecture for now, given her lack of aptitude.

Then, all of a sudden, Emmaline darted behind her. Usually, that was a sign that there was danger incoming. But in this training hall, the only conceivable danger would probably be the instructors. Reassuringly, Eli gives Emmaline a few pats on the head and turns her attention to the dark-haired stranger that approached them.

Just one of the students, she told herself. The other girl seemed to be concerned about them and asked a couple of questions.

Eli, never one to withhold when asked, replies to the first in a deadpan fashion: "No." This whole mess was still pretty new to her, after all. "I am not yet okay." Still too many uncertain things surrounding their situation. Naturally, Eli's response to the second question was a nod. "It is all too, ehhh, complicated for me. I am used to knowing what I should do, how to kill it, but this..." She trails off, uncomfortable with her incompetence. "I am very lost about."

The girl seemed to be nice enough. Perhaps she'd be open to questions herself? "And you? Why are you here? Were you also...?"

Interaction: Emmaline, Kari.
Tags: AncientBird AncientBird AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius Saturn_moon Saturn_moon SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Last edited:
To the girls that had wanted to know about testing for other affinities, Targus smiled, and stepped forward. She had to lean down a bit when she put a hand on Leandra's shoulder.
"Don't worry, we'll test for any affinity here." She pointed to the floor below, which was lined with even grates. Below those, water ran silently, glinting in the light from the windows.
"Water, lightning, wind, fire, light. You can also try any of those."
AquaMarie AquaMarie Lioness075 Lioness075

When Marylka approached Targus' grin widened. "That's the spirit!" She clapped Marylka (too hard) on the back, then held out a tiny seed.
"I have faith in you." She said cheerily. Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

When Caliban closed his eyes Targus couldn't help but go over and prod his shoulder roughly. "Hey, you look like you want to try too." She held out a seed for him.
Naberius Naberius

Ord handed Aldaf a small piece of stone happily, eager to see what the youth could do with it. Of all the teachers, he and Targus seemed most eager to teach.
kase9187 kase9187
When Matthias approached too Ord beamed. "Good luck." He wished in earnest, and stood back to see what the two could do.
"Think back to how it felt when you first called on the magic, apply it to the stone, and be patient. Rock is a stubborn element." He glanced at Matthias with a smile and added teasingly, "But I think you might be a good match."

Rhyne did not even blink, he drew a pin carefully from a pouch at his side and pricked his finger gingerly. A tiny bead of blood welled on the point. He drew just a little closer and held out his hand.
"Stop the bleeding." He said softly, his expression never changing from passive indifference.

Kari nodded to the question. "Didn't seem like anyone had much choice. It was either come here or lead those..things, back to our families."
She crossed her arms. "I can understand, I don't think any of us are a hundred percent okay with what's going on, but we sort of made a promise to watch each other's back. That includes you too now." She offered the larger girl a smile. "Truth be told I wanted to see the world, it's a mite more exciting than herding cattle...but I I guess I should've been more careful what I wished for."
pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie

As the lesson went Kari actually did try, each and every new element, with nothing to show. She tried her best to hide her disappointment, feeling different from others that began displaying potential. She had just gotten used to accepting her fire gift, she had thought that magic was a scourge, it couldn't help her brother, but now she seemed to be without a second power, she felt left out.

Gerel hadn't moved much either and she crossed the room to him.
"Hey, so, could you use any of the new magic?" She questioned, secretly hoping he would be the same. Then she thought of another question she'd been meaning to ask:
"I couldn't find you last night? Where'd you go?"

"Ah! No, nothing," Gerel barely kept his surprise reigned in when Kari stepped close and broke him out of his thoughts. "Yes. I, um... tried the other magics the professors showed and no, I couldn't use any of them. Perhaps I am meant to only wield Ventra's winds."

"Last night I was, um... I couldn't sleep. Had a lot to think about what with the new deathborn and their armored cores. Had one too many cups of coffee, so I spent my time roaming around, getting to know the lay of the Academy,"
Gerel said all these while he forced calmness on stiff muscles and stillness in a quavering voice. He was a bad liar, and his parents never wanted to raise one, so he was already this close to breaking his promise with Keshka.

He had to change the subject, quick. "What about you? Have you fared well in the new magic?" Gerel asked, turning to look at Kari and making sure to keep his eyes on hers. The familiar scent of cinnamon helped settle his nerves, even as it magnified the weight of guilt in him. The longer he stared, the more he was becoming nervous of another thing entirely.

Last edited:
Aldaf concentrated on the small piece of stone in his hands and looked for that feeling from the mountain, that feeling of power swelling up inside.
Something clicked. Something audibly connected in his head. He looked down and saw that he had split the stone in two. There was no rush of wind, just the stone. A small spark was present, alongside his magic. He could feel it.

"Stand back, I don't want to hurt you guys."

Aldaf moved away from everyone and tossed both halves of his stone into the air, both of them freezing in place. They both levitated to position themselves out by Aldaf's hands, sand shaving off to form a rough edge. He took to practicing his jabs, the stones mimicking his movements.

After a few minutes of that maneuver, he clenched his fists closed and the stone powderized, the particles frozen in the air. Aldaf went from simple punches and went to chops, the particles forming a sort of flying blade of stone that had the speed of something like a dagger.

Again, after ample time to take a few practice swings, Aldaf put both hands out and mashed his hands together, crushing all of the particles back together into a singular stone.

"Hey, guys, I think I found my other magic!" He cheekily grinned, twirling the stone above his hand.

He walked over to where the two newcomers were standing, the stone levitating just above his left shoulder. He waved, as to not catch anyone off-guard, as he was still somehow walking silently in the big, echoing hall.

"Judging from the few snippets I heard, you both are in the same boat as us, huh. I'm Aldaf, a woodcarver from Sudenta. Who might you two be?"

Featuring: SilverFlight SilverFlight AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina

YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AncientBird AncientBird explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075

The instructors began to test the group for possible affinity in the new types of magic. Serik saw as his team mates took the test one by one, some relished with their new power being discovered and some returned to seat empty handed. When it was time for Serik, he stepped forth and started testing affinity with the instructors one by one.

Nothing... There was nothing. Serik returned to his seat silently, however he wasn't entirely disappointed by the result. He had gained his light magic for barely a week and he was still almost clueless of what he could do with it, or if he would ever be good at using it. If he was to gain another type of magic, this would certainly overwhelm him. Serik then saw Kari joining with Gerel. Both of them didn't seem to get anything new either.

The young man joined both of his Estendorian fellows with a soft smile. "So, it seems the three of us don't get anything for now?" Said Serik. "Too bad, all those magics seem like something really useful... But then I still barely know what I can do with my current power, so I guess one for me is fine." He said to Kari and Gerel. The young man then glanced over to Keshka who stood silently the entire time. "Anyway, didn't Keshka has some sort of 'different' power too? I mean, she did something back at the island that dispatch the deathborns's ability to track us. I wonder why she didn't show us here, or at least talked about it along the way." Said Serik

Still, Serik wouldn't be surprised if Keshka doesn't want to talk about it, knowing how she is... The power the involves deathborns would also likely be something that shouldn't be widely known anyway... It could have even been... Forbidden.

Featuring: SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Leandra LaFrae.jpg
Name: Leandra LaFraeNicknames: Lea, Firefly
Clan: SudentaClan Job: Huntress
Equipment: Knapsack, Medicinal Pouch, Bow, Quiver (0/10), Twin Daggers
Momo.jpg
Falarion.jpeg
Falarion actually has brightly colored wings that have a rainbow hue in bright lighting. In darker settings, they can seem muted into a dark grey or even black color. He also does not have the golden tattoos spanning his body or the necklace around his neck.
Westeros Outfit.jpg
She's wearing the first, green one.

Leandra glanced down below the grates and gulped at the sight of the water. Not that water itself was frightening to her, but it betrayed that dangerous things could occur in here while testing affinities or doing any classes. Leandra had never shown any spark for magic while growing up and that had been fine for her. It made life simple, in a way. But after their encounters with Deathborn, Leandra had quickly grown an appreciation for having a magic to enhance your attacks or defend yourself with. At the same time, she saw how taxing magic could be on a person. She felt more conflicted than anything else.
But others began stepping forward to try out different magics and it seemed as if each person was instinctively drawn to one magic over the other. Alas, Leandra did not feel some magically convenient pull towards one element over the other. She furrowed her brows at this and sighed, as she began quietly walking between everyone, trying to awkwardly edge closer to each element in turn.

As she approached Ord and the stones, Leandra finally felt a sensation, but she could not tell if her anxiety had just spiked or if the stones were her calling. Frowning, she walked past Cal considering plants and paused a moment to consider the chaos that would ensue if he got involved in plants. Shivering at the thought, she quickly walked away.
Pausing near Ord, Leandra rubbed the back of her neck and looked around, unsure of what to do. Everyone who already had a magical affinity seemed to know exactly what to do with their newer elements. Leandra was at a complete loss, though.
Finally looking at Ord, Leandra said, "Hey, I, uh. I guess I wanted to see if I might have an affinity for earth, or, um, geomancy. What am I supposed to do?"
She had seen Aldalf just pick up a stone and start manipulating it, but she was not sure if it would be so easy for her to do. It was at this moment that she finally wished she had some previous experience with magic.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius

e1794ca2dbac7a6c7c30554aebbe2b64.jpg
4ab685ab699fa87cf184f99aa49812ba.jpg
Emmaline closed her eyes, letting out a tiny sigh as Eli gave her a few pats on her head. This small action tended to calm her, a gesture she was used too, ever since she could remember. A gesture her father and her brothers had always done to her.

The redhead stepped out from behind Eli, although still keeping close. She would not say a word but her gaze would jump from Eli and Kari as they spoke to each other. Emma quietly listening to the conversation having to agree with Kari about not having much of a choice with coming to the academy, she two didn't want to hurt her family with deathborn following her as well. She looked at Kari with confusion as the girl said "...but we sort of made a promise to watch each other's back. That includes you too now." The promise now included Eli and herself? She turned to look up at Eli before looking back at the others, was this promise Kari was talking about true even if they didn't know who they were?

The lessons continued and Emma kept her spot of just standing a bit behind Eli as she watched the others step up to try their hands in different magic. Some trying all the different magic shown to then. With a few catching quickly to a new magic while others came up empty-handed. She watched as a boy with light brown hair walked over to them. The one that had made a rock turned into dust before merging it back to a rock.

The boy introduced himself as Aldaf, a woodcarver from Sudenta. Emma's interest and curiosity was peaked when she heard he was a woodcarver. She quietly just looked up at Aldaf, her mind wandering away what type or carvings he did, were they tiny, large, ornate, or simple. "I'm Emmaline" she finally spoke in a small quiet voice.

Mention/Interaction: @pinnasina @SilverFlight @kase9187
SilverFlight SilverFlight Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Lioness075 Lioness075 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Naberius Naberius AncientBird AncientBird pinnasina pinnasina

Aldaf smiled gently as Emmaline introduced herself. He noticed her look a bit curious when he mentioned woodcarving, so he decided to show her something.

"Nice to meet you, Emmaline. You want to see something?" His hand reached inside his bag and he felt the familiar shape of his mother's carved wyvern, but moved past it and grabbed the carving he had of Spica, from the Proving. He pulled it out and held it in his open palm, a small detailed carving of Spica sitting in his hand. It included small details, easily overlooked but it gave it such a lifelike appearance. As if the carving was going to start moving at any point.

"I made this during my Proving." He held it out a bit, so Emma could get a closer look and hold it if she wanted.

AquaMarie AquaMarie

Emmaline looked up at Aldaf and gently nodded, her eyes filled with curiosity wondering what Aldaf was going to show her. Her head tilting to the side, her gaze going from him to his bag waiting with anticipation.

"Wow…" she whispered leaning in to get a closer look at the carving. Though suprised when Aldaf heled it out to her. She looked back at Aldaf unsure and as well asking with her look, if he was sure she could hold the small carving. Picking up the small carving she held it gently in her hands, as she took a close look. Emma was amazed at the small details of the carving feeling as if the small carving would take off flying from her hands.

"Is….is this your skybeast?" She asked looking back up at him.
kase9187 kase9187

"She is. Beautiful, right?"

Aldaf sat down cross-legged and watched Emma fiddle with his carving. He took pride in how much she looked in awe of it.

"You interested in carving yourself?"

AquaMarie AquaMarie

355d6cb74c6b99325ff05b40618442b8.jpg
Caliban Lupei

Calban had his eyes closed for a bit longer than he thought he did. To him it was but a second or two, but apparently it was long enough that Targus, the mountain of a teacher and the one he actually liked the most, took notice. He felt the prodding and opened his eyes, looking up to her gaze and smiling that goofy grin that so often marked his features.

"Honestly, yeah. Something like this would be absolutely amazing back home. So many different kinds of plant life, I could make traps or grow food easier. All sorts of different things."

He took the seed, rolling it between his fingers and...didn't really know what to do. It rested in his palm for a moment, and he closed his fist around it but still couldn't understand exactly what it was that he was supposed to be doing, or feeling. He thought about how plants were supposed to work, the cycle involved. The sun, the rain, the soil, time and patience. What he needed was a way to channel a different kind of energy into the plants to replace what they received from the sun and rain. Magic was the only option but he didn't know how. He closed his eyes again, trying to concentrate. At first nothing happened. And it continued to happen for several minutes. Even he was starting to get mildly frustrated with himself, frowning. But it only made him more determined to see this through. He focused with everything he had and...finally felt something. It was faint. A wisp, like thin smoke. He lunged for it but it slipped between the fingers of his mind, disappearing. It came back after he relaxed, and this process repeated for a time. Eventually he realized what he needed to do was focus on it, but not try and force it. It had to come naturally. After this bit of clarity, the next time it came, he did exactly that. Letting it flow, but not letting it out of his conscious thought. It started to grow, and he could feel it in the palm of his hand. A light warmth. Excited he tried too hard, and opened his hand. The seed had only just barely sprouted a very small tip of green, about half the size of the tip of his own pinky. He frowned, but wasn't entirely discouraged.

"Very pretty" Emma replied nodding in agreement. Aldaf had such a cool looking skybeast, making her wonder what the others skybeasts were. Emma looked back at Aldaf who was now sitting on the ground.

The redhead nodded at his question as she handed back is carving of Spica to him. "Eli has one I made her just before we came here" she replired turning and pointing to the tall redhead "....I also have one of my sky beast ....but its not done yet" she replied.
kase9187 kase9187

"Oh? Mind if I see yours?"
Aldaf sat patiently, rather than out stretching his hand. If Emma wanted to share, she'd say so.

He also turned his attention to Eli.
"I'd like to see the one Emma gave you, too. Not to be mean, but just to share works."

AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina

Emma looked at Aldaf, unsure about sharing her carving with him. Eli had been the first person outside her family to see or receive one of her tiny carvings. Maybe he could let her know if their any good, she had her brother but he was a stone carver. "Okay...bit he is not finished" she warned him as she opened one of her pouches on her belt pulling out a small piece of wood and held it out to him. Looking at the small piece of wood the head and the front hooves of a Scottish Clydesdale alicorn could be seen.

Emma waited to see what Aldaf would say, feeling nervious as she messed around with a strand of her hair. As she waits for his response she looked over to Eli wondering is she would show him the carving of Cloudy.

kase9187 kase9187 pinnasina pinnasina

Marylka took the seed from Targus and gripped it tightly. With her eyes closed she cleared her mind and focused her energy into her hands while picturing a little sprout emerging from the seed. It then started to twist upwards, growing larger and greener; Leaves uncurl slowly from the stem and at the very top, a single white flower blooms. She was still for what felt like a long time before finally opening her eyes and slowly unclenching her fist.

The seed sat in the palm of Marylka's hand unchanged, small, and seemingly insignificant, much like how she felt at the present moment. "Guess I was mistaken." Her voice barely above a whisper, eyes never leaving the seed. "Would it be okay if I kept this?" She asked Targus, gesturing to the seed with a half-hearted smile. She had been so certain that there had been something there but now that she thought about it, it was likely she had just been drawn to the water in the plants.

A little ways away, Aldaf seemed to have already mastered the basics of geomancy in the span of a couple minutes and was now making two pieces of stone move through a series of flashy movements in the air. As she watched him, something dark and mean blossomed inside of her. "How wonderful." The words slipped out unconsciously and had anyone been around, they would have easily caught the hint of sarcasm laced through it. You're being a terrible friend. The thought came, as it so often did when she found herself in the grips of her emotions, in her grandfather's voice. She sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. She really was being a terrible friend especially considering the situation they were in. Any new powers any one of them got could be counted as a blessing for everyone since it meant they had one more advantage on their side when fighting the deathborns. There really wasn't a good excuse for her to feel the way she did, but despite all logical reasoning the bitter feelings, although subsided, never fully went away.

For the rest of the class she went around to the other instructors but knew before she even took their test that she would not have an affinity for them. Eventually, she rejoined the group, quietly slipping to the back, not quite in the mood to make conversation.

AncientBird AncientBird AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius pinnasina pinnasina SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Aldaf turned over the half-finished figurine in his hands, inspecting it.

"Unfinished..."

His fingers traced along the edges.

"A bit rough..."

His face was serene as he scoured over the figure. He handed the carving back.

"Overall, right now I'd say you have a good high 6 out if ten. At least for your actually carved parts. You have potential, and you'll pass me by if you keep practicing."

Aldaf noticed the somewhat cheery Marylka sort of staying away from everyone else. A whisper and a breeze carried his voice over, quiet to keep others from hearing.

"Come talk to me once we're through. If that's alright with you. I'll be outside, no one else has to know."

AquaMarie AquaMarie Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Gerel turned to Serik, wishing dearly that his friend picked a better time and a better place to talk to him. And of all things to talk about, he had to pick the one about Keshka's 'mysterious' magic. "If you think about it, whatever..." Gerel glanced at Keshka for a moment, before turning his attention back to Serik, "...she did back then, it's something directly related to deathborn and what powers them. I'm sure it's not something she can just demonstrate on a whim. Besides, I think we're better off not knowing more about it until the time is right."

Said the one who was struggling to keep his arrangement with Keshka a secret from two dear friends.

SilverFlight SilverFlight AncientBird AncientBird

Serik listened to Gerel as he spoke his opinion on the matter regarding Keshka's power. "You're right, it's probably best to leave it until we know more about the deathborns." He said. Still, Serik couldn't imagine how useful it would be if oneday Keshka would share this secret and perhaps making their task against their enemies less of a struggle, only if it's safe to be revealed of course.

Serik then stood back up. "Anyway, I think I am going to greet our new friends, seeing there is still time until the instructors go on with the lesson." He said and moved toward the 2 new comers, which were already in conversation with Aldaf.

"Hello" Said Serik as he approached the group. "Mind if I join?" He asked as he settled next to them. Serik turned to Aldaf with a smile. "Hey, beautiful trick you did there Aldaf, congratulation for you new magic!" Serik said. He then turned to the new comers. "Hello, my name is Serik, Serik Tagaev, from Southern Estendor. Nice to meet you." Serik smilingly introduced himself, flaring his dimples.

Featuring: YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro kase9187 kase9187 AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina

Last edited:
Aldaf smiled, the rock starting to orbit above his head like a lazy comet.

"Hey, Serik. Thanks, you find out if you have one yet?"

Seeing Marylka act a bit off had unsettled him a bit and he began to think of how most people probably saw him practicing with his newfound Geomancy.

They think I'm showing off, don't they?

His smile wavered the tiniest bit once the thought crossed his mind, and he knew he'd apologize to everyone in turn for going a little extra in his practice.

"Turns out I'm not the only woodcarver here anymore! That's actually pretty cool, if you ask me."

AncientBird AncientBird pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie

Serik scratched his head to Aldaf's question about the secondary magic. "Well, unfortunately... It seems only Celesta has embraced me for now." Said Serik. "But I am not upset about it... To be honest, I am still very much clueless about light magic and what I could do with it. Getting another one would just only troubling me further." Said the young man as he smiled.

As Aldaf mentioned about another wood carver in town, Serik looked back at the new comers. "Really? That's great! I am always fascinated by carving art myself but we don't have many suitable wood back in the plain, so we carve stone and bone... I know the basic, but not really an expert carver myself though." Serik said. Speaking of carving remind Serik of something. The glow stone from last night was still lying inside his bag. He reached inside the back and took it out. With the light of the day, the stone lay dull and lifeless just like any stone.

"Still, I can't wait until we get to see Targus's workshop she talked about... I have a project in mind I could use for a practice." Said the young man.

Featuring: kase9187 kase9187 AquaMarie AquaMarie pinnasina pinnasina

Matthias
"Think back to how it felt when you first called on the magic, apply it to the stone, and be patient. Rock is a stubborn element. But I think you might be a good match."

Not knowing exactly what to make of Ord's comment, Matthias stared at the rock in his hands. It was a tiny thing. It was rough, coarse, and utterly unwilling to share its secrets with him. The burly Northarian huffed. He felt ridiculous. The stone did not care to do his bidding. It hadn't even budged. Matthias felt a nasty headache coming on from all the staring and was just about ready for this test to be over.

"Casseus take you." He muttered a curse over the rock and reeled as if to throw it away. Something stayed his hand. He kept the rock and tried not to notice the others with their own elements. Matthias thought of the lightning. It came from within him. Even now he could feel it roiling in his belly, awaiting his call. But stone was different. This stone existed wholly apart from him. How could he exert his will over that which was not within him?

Matthias' gaze flicked around the room. He was mostly alone. Aldaf had taken to the stone easily and was now speaking to some of the others. The others in question were not known to him. Matthias wondered at the ease with which Aldaf and Serik approached the pair.

Suddenly Matthias turned to Leandra and offered her his stone.

"May you have better luck." He grumbled and stepped back, curious to see if she would have more success. Silently he stepped away, arms folded. He'd chosen to stand near Gerel and Kari. Because the options were to stand with them, or with the two unknown variables. Or alone. Truth be told, he'd have preferred the latter. But some madness had drove him to seek company. Perhaps because he was reminded of the time on Mount Arebos. Perhaps because these two and Serik had yet to show any second affinity. Not that he'd given up. Nothing of the sort...

"..."

“Um! Oh... okay...”

Katja looked up at Rhyne, nervously, before looking down at the pricked fingertip.
Did he exclaim how this worked during Ord’s operation? I just remember watching, dumbfounded, as Ord’s flesh began to knit itself back together. How does magic even work? Is it some kind of visualization thing? Is it a concentration thing? Do I use my hands? I think Rhyne used his hands.

She blinked, glancing up at Rhyne before cracking a nervous grin and extending her hands forward. She started with trying the visualization method.

She reached out and attempted to concentrate on sewing the skin back together, imagining it like a piece of clothing that has been ripped. She just needed to shove it back together and tie it up. Like stitches. See the magic as it works, in her mind, and maybe it’ll work.

She closed her eyes and tried. And not much happened. She tried concentrating harder. Still nothing. She stood there like that for a while, unsure of how to continue. It felt like, maybe for a moment... nothing.

She appeared disappointed with herself and let her hands fall to her side with a deep sigh.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro pinnasina pinnasina AquaMarie AquaMarie

So the teachers tell the truth. All the others shared their situation, in that they, too, are prey.

If their predators had only been those from the feral jungles of Sudenta, it would have been fine. Those, she was used to. After all, you can't pass through the Sudentan wilds without coming across a few carnivores on your way. That's just the norm, and it usually ends in one of two ways: the guards manage to fend off the attacks, or they travel far enough that their hunter loses its interest.

This time, though, was different. Their predators, these deathborn, didn't seem to be simple beasts, who cared only to protect its brood or to fill its belly. It was persistent in its pursuit, as if these beasts held a personal vendetta against them.

Not for the first time, Eli was left with questions. Why hunt us? What did we do? How can we stop them? Before Eli could ask, the stranger drifted off to do her tests.

I will ask later. She thought to herself, and turned to the individual that approached them, Aldaf of Sudenta. A cheerful boy. In her opinion, too cheerful, given their circumstances. He and Emmaline seemed to immediately bond with their shared love for woodcarving. Good for her, she supposes. Eli would have joined in if she were in a better mood, but it's all small talk. Useless right now to me and better brought up at another time.

After Aldaf came Serik, a boy from Estendor. "Like Em," she commented idly.

And with his arrival, the topic was brought back to woodcarving. Again. Do they not realise that they're in danger? Why not talk about something with more substance? "Annoying."

As usual, she held nothing back. "Why are you not alert? On-guard? Worried? Why are you─what did Yen call it...?─too, ehhh, happy and lucky. Happy-go-lucky. You are not worried? Do you not care?"

Sighing, she turned to Emmaline and, with a curt "let us go", quickly steered the young woman and herself off to the group of instructors. Since the others might be just like those two, she might as well head to the top and ask them instead.
elaiana

OUTFIT:
Eli is currently wearing a light sleeveless dress, with a bright colorful fabric wrapped securely around her waist. A dark brown cowl sits on her shoulders, with the hood down. Bottom-wise, she has on a pair of tight brown trousers and surprisingly sturdy hemp sandals. (To be specific, she is wearing 1 from the reference, created by Mad Bee, though without the bejeweled collar.)

Aside from that, she has her nicked leather bracer on her left hand and her trusty satchel slung on her right shoulder.

INTERACTIONS:
Aldaf, Emmaline, Serik.

TAGS:
AncientBird AncientBird
AquaMarie AquaMarie
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
kase9187 kase9187
Lioness075 Lioness075
Naberius Naberius
Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

PROOFREAD PROGRESS: Not Done.
code by fudgecakez
So the teachers tell the truth. All the others shared their situation, in that they, too, are prey.

If their predators had only been those from the feral jungles of Sudenta, it would have been fine. Those, she was used to. After all, you can't pass through the Sudentan wilds without coming across a few carnivores on your way. That's just the norm, and it usually ends in one of two ways: the guards manage to fend off the attacks, or they travel far enough that their hunter loses its interest.

This time, though, was different. Their predators, these deathborn, didn't seem to be simple beasts, who cared only to protect its brood or to fill its belly. It was persistent in its pursuit, as if these beasts held a personal vendetta against them.

Not for the first time, Eli was left with questions. Why hunt us? What did we do? How can we stop them? Before Eli could ask, the stranger drifted off to do her tests.

I will ask later. She thought to herself, and turned to the individual that approached them, Aldaf of Sudenta. A cheerful boy. In her opinion, too cheerful, given their circumstances. He and Emmaline seemed to immediately bond with their shared love for woodcarving. Good for her, she supposes. Eli would have joined in if she were in a better mood, but it's all small talk. Useless right now to me and better brought up at another time.

After Aldaf came Serik, a boy from Estendor. "Like Em," she commented idly.

And with his arrival, the topic was brought back to woodcarving. Again. Do they not realise that they're in danger? Why not talk about something with more substance? "Annoying."

As usual, she held nothing back. "Why are you not alert? On-guard? Worried? Why are you─what did Yen call it...?─too, ehhh, happy and lucky. Happy-go-lucky. You are not worried? Do you not care?"

Sighing, she turned to Emmaline and, with a curt "let us go", quickly steered the young woman and herself off to the group of instructors. Since the others might be just like those two, she might as well head to the top and ask them instead.

Interaction: Aldaf, Emmaline, Serik.
Tags: AncientBird AncientBird AquaMarie AquaMarie Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius Saturn_moon Saturn_moon SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back