• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

SpeedHunters73

"I Also...Have Something I Wish to Protect."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This thread is currently open for anyone to join. Just make an approved character in the CS thread to start posting.
  • Aki

Prologue
    tumblr_oa2qpi2S0P1sl6hkto2_500.png
    Kimura, Aki (2018)

Standing outside of a coffee shop in an attempt to not bring attention to himself, Aki Kimura pops in his headphones and calls to the person on the other side. "This is Kimura, I'm at the location. If it isn't too rude to ask, where is this place anyway?"
    A bit of silence later, someone responds to him. "It's in one of the alleyway entrances near the capital building. Shouldn't be too hard to see." A girl named Taro Natsuro tells him as he steps out and discreetly investigates the area around him.
    "No shit. I see it. Way to make yourself obvious." He says, staring at a reinforced door with a fake 'Keep Out' sticker on it. Using his sword hidden in his back, he cuts the hinges and quietly sets it down, stepping inside with caution.
    "I'm in." He whispers in an attempt not to attract any attention to himself.
    "Good. Try not to make too much noise." Taro orders him.
    "Hey, if they don't attack me, I won't. How's that?" He says jokingly as he infiltrates the underground area of the capital building. As he sneaks around, he notices several stickers and some unused bombs surrounding the walls around him.
    "All of these explosives... Where did they get these?" He asks, checking them for authenticity.
    "Explosives? Just what do they plan on doing?" She asks, questioning their actions.
    "I don't know..." Moving along, Aki head more in, hiding behind some crates when he hears movement and talking.
    "How many guys are there?" Taro asks him while trying to find out what their next move is going to be. Aki quietly scans the room for hostiles. Sure enough, there are lots.
    "There's about 30, maybe 40, all with guns. I can't take them out on my own." He states, taking in the limits of his power in mind.
    "That's alright. Just disarm the explosives and get the fuck out of there." She tells him as Aki quietly maneuvers through the building, making sure that he doesn't alert anyone in the area. He'd have to deal with these guys later. Sneaking through the majority of them and knocking out those in his way, he head to the next room, where he sees lots of bombs being prepped for something.

"Okay. These bombs must be connected to a transmitter of some sort. If I deactivate that, then in theory, that should also wipe out the detonator too. Or I could always just deactivate the detonator itself. I guess I'll figure it out as I go." Aki lists, considering his options for this mission
    "Watch yourself, Aki." A worried Taro tells him as he heads deeper into enemy territory.
    "Don't worry, I got this." He whispers as he silently subdues an enemy and investigates the explosives near the guard.
    He notices that some of the bombs have S.T.R.I.K.E. logos all over them, as well as some of the walls.
    "All of these bombs...they have our logos on them! Our names...bastard's gonna blow the roof of this place and blame it in us!" He tells her in an increasingly more infuriated tone as he steps away from the bombs.
    "Not on our watch. Defuse the detonator and we'll turn this against them." Taro orders him,

"Who the hell are these people? They go this place and several government buildings rigged to blow. Why are they doing this?"
    "I'm asking myself the same question. Guess we'll find out soon enough."
    Using the shadows and his speed to his advantage, he bypasses the security and finds what looks like a detonator. Using his phone, he connects Taro to it, letting her gain access and seeing for himself the situation at hand.
    "Nevermind, I've connected you to the detonator. It's live, and so are some other ones. Shit. Think you can shut it off?" He asks, worried.
    "Yeah, but it'll take some time. Just stay quiet-"
    The doors around him open and several men with guns flood in, forcing him to go into hiding. "Shit. I've been compromised! I'll try to hold my ground!" He tells her as he prepares himself.
    "Okay, watch yourself, Aki." Taro tells him as he unsheathes his sword and barges into the group. As a Shinobi, his movements and reflexes are normally dialed up to 100 compared to the average human. He makes quick work of the first wave of enemies, slicing them down like butter. He goes to put away his sword, however, suddenly, he's attacked from behind. He doesn't expect it, so he's hit, but it doesn't hurt a lot, so he can retaliate pretty quickly with a simple slash. Several others appear and try to surround him, only for him to dash out of range and using Getsuga Jujisho to eliminate them.
    "How far are you? I don't think I can hold these guys off any longer!" Aki worriedly asks as another bullet barely manages to graze his face while he blocks another as another wave charges in
    "Just a minute! Looking for the detonation sequence..." She tells him as Aki deals with his problem. A few carefully planned slashes later, hes down to the last guy.
    "Okay, I got it. I just need for you to pull the wire!"
    Having dealt with the last guy, he walks back to the detonator and follows her instruction. "Alright."
    "This better not blow me to pieces."
    He says, gripping the wire and pulling hard.
    "It won't, trust me." Taro reassures him as the wire is torn in half. The timer in the screen stops, meaning that they've succeeded.
    "We did it." Aki says in relief.
    "Alright, now-" All of a sudden, several gunshots are heard from the ear piece, followed by the unsheathing of a sword.
    "Taro? Taro!" Aki shouts through the mic.
    She doesn't respond for a few seconds until eventually: "We've been compromised!"
    "What?! How the hell did they find you?" He shouts, with a confused and angry tone of voice.
    "I don't know. We have to hold our ground here or they'll find everything! Go shut down the transmitter before they blow the roof off half the city!" She f frantically tells him as she tries to hold off the enemies on her end.
    "We can't let that happen! Alright, be careful. I need you alive to deal with this transmitter. Once we're done, get the fuck out of there." Aki commands her before making a break for the roof. On the way, he finds a few enemies, but it's nothing a few Getsuga Tensho can't handle. After the enemies are dealt with, he breaks the rusted gate in front of the ladder to the roof and climbs up the ladder as fast as possible.

Reaching the roof, he asks himself, "Where the hell is this thing?" Looking around the roof, He searches for the transmitter to shut it down for good in hopes of setting a chain reaction, shutting down the other bombs. At first, he can't find anything, but from the corner of his eye, he notices a particular looking box in a relatively obvious location. Prying it open with his katana, he inspects it's contents, finding a medium sized satellite dish and a computer plugged in next to it inside. This, without a doubt is the transmitter. Opening the laptop and looking at the display in front of him, he starts to look around for a way to shut it off. "I'm at the transmitter! I need your help, Taro!"
    There is only static on the other side. "Taro? Fuck! I need to do it myself." clacking away at the keys, Aki attempts to figure it out using his own knowledge as the timer winds down. "All I need to do is a little bit of this and a little bit of that" Eventually, after a few seconds, he's cracked it, causing the timer to freeze as it's forcibly shut down. "...got it!" He happily says at his success. He lays next to the wall attempting to calm down his heartbeat after such a stressful and close call.
    "That was close."
    However, the computer suddenly beeps and the countdown initiates again. The color in Aki's face drains as he realizes what's happened
    "What? No, no, no!" He shouts at the screen while doing what he can to try and deactivate the bombs a second time, to no avail.
    "Well, well, well. Thanks for the assist, Kimura Aki. You did it a lot faster than I thought you would." A voice calls out from behind.
    Aki quickly turns around and enters a stance should he need to attack.
    Ep353TsukishimaProfile.png
    "How do you....who the fuck are you?" He asks him with a malicious tone of voice, seeking to know how he knows his name.
    "You think you stopped the bombs that easily? No, that's far from the truth. In fact, you helped us cleanse the world of it's corruption." He explains, closing the book he has in his hand.
    "Cleanse? You sick bastard!" He spits out, knowing what he's referring to.
    Complete anarchy. Genocide.
    "Nope. I'm a savior. You should thank me for my efforts to to what no one else will. Destruction is the solution to mankind's problems, and it starts today... with your end. Here our name, Xcution!" He motions his hand to his surroundings, where Aki gets a clear view of the city being blown up from all directions.
    "No. No no. This can't be... It's not real!" He shouts at the events unfolding in front of him., staring in horror as the city burns up in flames.
    "Oh it's real. Once again, thank you for the help, but you've served your purpose. Kill him."
    He turns and starts to charge at him, with the intent to kill in his eyes. "You'll pa-." He starts to shout, only to be completely cut short by a short fast and clean strike to the abdomen. The attacker cleans his sword and sheathes his sword
    "Too easy." He says, staring menacingly into his eyes before softly pushing Aki to the cold waters below to die. The last thing he sees before plunging in the cold water below is the glow in their inhuman eyes as they stare at his numb body fall backwards with a splash.

Am I...dead? He thinks as his vision goes blurry from the water in his eyes. He could scream, he could shout, but its all useless, because the deed is done, and there's nothing he can do, but sink.
    I...failed. I'm sorry, everyone. Is one of his last thoughts before starting to drown.
    Then, a voice in his head calls to him. No. This isn't your end. This is far from over. His entire body glows in a dim white glow, and his body changes.

Tensa...Zangetsu.

S.T.R.I.K.E. FORCE
    忍を実行する

Prologue
tumblr_oa2qpi2S0P1sl6hkto2_500.png
Kimura, Aki (2018)

Standing outside of a coffee shop in an attempt to not bring attention to himself, Aki Kimura pops in his headphones and calls to the person on the other side. "This is Kimura, I'm at the location. If it isn't too rude to ask, where is this place anyway?"
A bit of silence later, someone responds to him. "It's in one of the alleyway entrances near the capital building. Shouldn't be too hard to see." A girl named Taro Natsuro tells him as he steps out and discreetly investigates the area around him.
"No shit. I see it. Way to make yourself obvious." He says, staring at a reinforced door with a fake 'Keep Out' sticker on it. Using his sword hidden in his back, he cuts the hinges and quietly sets it down, stepping inside with caution.
"I'm in." He whispers in an attempt not to attract any attention to himself.
"Good. Try not to make too much noise." Taro orders him.
"Hey, if they don't attack me, I won't. How's that?" He says jokingly as he infiltrates the underground area of the capital building. As he sneaks around, he notices several stickers and some unused bombs surrounding the walls around him.
"All of these explosives... Where did they get these?" He asks, checking them for authenticity.
"Explosives? Just what do they plan on doing?" She asks, questioning their actions.
"I don't know..." Moving along, Aki head more in, hiding behind some crates when he hears movement and talking.
"How many guys are there?" Taro asks him while trying to find out what their next move is going to be. Aki quietly scans the room for hostiles. Sure enough, there are lots.
"There's about 30, maybe 40, all with guns. I can't take them out on my own." He states, taking in the limits of his power in mind.
"That's alright. Just disarm the explosives and get the fuck out of there." She tells him as Aki quietly maneuvers through the building, making sure that he doesn't alert anyone in the area. He'd have to deal with these guys later. Sneaking through the majority of them and knocking out those in his way, he head to the next room, where he sees lots of bombs being prepped for something.

"Okay. These bombs must be connected to a transmitter of some sort. If I deactivate that, then in theory, that should also wipe out the detonator too. Or I could always just deactivate the detonator itself. I guess I'll figure it out as I go." Aki lists, considering his options for this mission
"Watch yourself, Aki." A worried Taro tells him as he heads deeper into enemy territory.
"Don't worry, I got this." He whispers as he silently subdues an enemy and investigates the explosives near the guard.
He notices that some of the bombs have S.T.R.I.K.E. logos all over them, as well as some of the walls.
"All of these bombs...they have our logos on them! Our names...bastard's gonna blow the roof of this place and blame it in us!" He tells her in an increasingly more infuriated tone as he steps away from the bombs.
"Not on our watch. Defuse the detonator and we'll turn this against them." Taro orders him,

"Who the hell are these people? They go this place and several government buildings rigged to blow. Why are they doing this?"
"I'm asking myself the same question. Guess we'll find out soon enough."
Using the shadows and his speed to his advantage, he bypasses the security and finds what looks like a detonator. Using his phone, he connects Taro to it, letting her gain access and seeing for himself the situation at hand.
"Nevermind, I've connected you to the detonator. It's live, and so are some other ones. Shit. Think you can shut it off?" He asks, worried.
"Yeah, but it'll take some time. Just stay quiet-"
The doors around him open and several men with guns flood in, forcing him to go into hiding. "Shit. I've been compromised! I'll try to hold my ground!" He tells her as he prepares himself.
"Okay, watch yourself, Aki." Taro tells him as he unsheathes his sword and barges into the group. As a Shinobi, his movements and reflexes are normally dialed up to 100 compared to the average human. He makes quick work of the first wave of enemies, slicing them down like butter. He goes to put away his sword, however, suddenly, he's attacked from behind. He doesn't expect it, so he's hit, but it doesn't hurt a lot, so he can retaliate pretty quickly with a simple slash. Several others appear and try to surround him, only for him to dash out of range and using Getsuga Jujisho to eliminate them.
"How far are you? I don't think I can hold these guys off any longer!" Aki worriedly asks as another bullet barely manages to graze his face while he blocks another as another wave charges in
"Just a minute! Looking for the detonation sequence..." She tells him as Aki deals with his problem. A few carefully planned slashes later, hes down to the last guy.
"Okay, I got it. I just need for you to pull the wire!"
Having dealt with the last guy, he walks back to the detonator and follows her instruction. "Alright."
"This better not blow me to pieces."
He says, gripping the wire and pulling hard.
"It won't, trust me." Taro reassures him as the wire is torn in half. The timer in the screen stops, meaning that they've succeeded.
"We did it." Aki says in relief.
"Alright, now-" All of a sudden, several gunshots are heard from the ear piece, followed by the unsheathing of a sword.
"Taro? Taro!" Aki shouts through the mic.
She doesn't respond for a few seconds until eventually: "We've been compromised!"
"What?! How the hell did they find you?" He shouts, with a confused and angry tone of voice.
"I don't know. We have to hold our ground here or they'll find everything! Go shut down the transmitter before they blow the roof off half the city!" She f frantically tells him as she tries to hold off the enemies on her end.
"We can't let that happen! Alright, be careful. I need you alive to deal with this transmitter. Once we're done, get the fuck out of there." Aki commands her before making a break for the roof. On the way, he finds a few enemies, but it's nothing a few Getsuga Tensho can't handle. After the enemies are dealt with, he breaks the rusted gate in front of the ladder to the roof and climbs up the ladder as fast as possible.

Reaching the roof, he asks himself, "Where the hell is this thing?" Looking around the roof, He searches for the transmitter to shut it down for good in hopes of setting a chain reaction, shutting down the other bombs. At first, he can't find anything, but from the corner of his eye, he notices a particular looking box in a relatively obvious location. Prying it open with his katana, he inspects it's contents, finding a medium sized satellite dish and a computer plugged in next to it inside. This, without a doubt is the transmitter. Opening the laptop and looking at the display in front of him, he starts to look around for a way to shut it off. "I'm at the transmitter! I need your help, Taro!"
There is only static on the other side. "Taro? Fuck! I need to do it myself." clacking away at the keys, Aki attempts to figure it out using his own knowledge as the timer winds down. "All I need to do is a little bit of this and a little bit of that" Eventually, after a few seconds, he's cracked it, causing the timer to freeze as it's forcibly shut down. "...got it!" He happily says at his success. He lays next to the wall attempting to calm down his heartbeat after such a stressful and close call.
"That was close."
However, the computer suddenly beeps and the countdown initiates again. The color in Aki's face drains as he realizes what's happened
"What? No, no, no!" He shouts at the screen while doing what he can to try and deactivate the bombs a second time, to no avail.
"Well, well, well. Thanks for the assist, Kimura Aki. You did it a lot faster than I thought you would." A voice calls out from behind.
Aki quickly turns around and enters a stance should he need to attack.
Ep353TsukishimaProfile.png
"How do you....who the fuck are you?" He asks him with a malicious tone of voice, seeking to know how he knows his name.
"You think you stopped the bombs that easily? No, that's far from the truth. In fact, you helped us cleanse the world of it's corruption." He explains, closing the book he has in his hand.
"Cleanse? You sick bastard!" He spits out, knowing what he's referring to.
Complete anarchy. Genocide.
"Nope. I'm a savior. You should thank me for my efforts to to what no one else will. Destruction is the solution to mankind's problems, and it starts today... with your end. Here our name, Xcution!" He motions his hand to his surroundings, where Aki gets a clear view of the city being blown up from all directions.
"No. No no. This can't be... It's not real!" He shouts at the events unfolding in front of him., staring in horror as the city burns up in flames.
"Oh it's real. Once again, thank you for the help, but you've served your purpose. Kill him."
He turns and starts to charge at him, with the intent to kill in his eyes. "You'll pa-." He starts to shout, only to be completely cut short by a short fast and clean strike to the abdomen. The attacker cleans his sword and sheathes his sword
"Too easy." He says, staring menacingly into his eyes before softly pushing Aki to the cold waters below to die. The last thing he sees before plunging in the cold water below is the glow in their inhuman eyes as they stare at his numb body fall backwards with a splash.

Am I...dead? He thinks as his vision goes blurry from the water in his eyes. He could scream, he could shout, but its all useless, because the deed is done, and there's nothing he can do, but sink.
I...failed. I'm sorry, everyone. Is one of his last thoughts before starting to drown.
Then, a voice in his head calls to him. No. This isn't your end. This is far from over. His entire body glows in a dim white glow, and his body changes.

Tensa...Zangetsu.

S.T.R.I.K.E. FORCE
忍を実行する

-----

Condition:
Critical, But Alive

Mentioned:
None

Interacted:
Zuki, Mina
Harribel, Kanjo
Natsuro, Taro (Deceased)
Tensa Zangetsu (Spirit)

Last edited:
  • Part 1

Nikaidou.Saki.600.3059266.jpg
    Lykan, Alexis

"Alexis? Alexis! Wake up. School ended a few minutes ago." A voice calls out to a rather sleepy Alexis, making her groggily lift her head from the desk and look at the teacher.
    "Huh? Oh, right, sorry. " Yawning and stretching a bit before packing up her stuff, she starts to walk out of the door, while still doubting that everything went by rather quickly.
    Class already passed? That quickly? She thinks as she looks at the time on her phone. I guess I can't really complain, can I?
    I'd do anything to get out of this hellhole.
    Walking out of the main entrance and out to the open world, she stretches a bit more to loosen up her body from stiffness.
    That's another year completed and around 2 more years of same repeated Torture over and over again.
    At first, she's relieved that she's finally gonna get a break from school, but at the same time... What to even do over break?
    The same old repetitive thing over and over again?
    She looks down at her car keys.
    I need a life.
    2002-Mazda-RX-7-Spirit-R-1.jpg
    I guess you're the only thing that understands me now. She enters inside and sits in the driver seat.
    I'd better head home for now. With a flick of a wrist, she turns on her car and drives out of the parking area and to her second home. She has her own apartment in Oakland and her dad's house in San Fran. The trip there is quite lengthy, but for some particular reason, the street to San Fran were more empty than usual.
    Streets are awfully quiet today. While she questions the reason at first, she just decides not to overthink things. I guess that's a good thing.
    Guess I can step on it without consequences.
    She thinks as she puts the petal to the metal a little bit more. It takes a considerable amount of concentration to drive a car like this, where a single mistake can break the entire internals of the cars. Sadly, however, the Emergency Alert System had other plans. The iconic screech of the EAS broke through the sound of the car's rotary engine, startling the wannabe race car driver and forcing her to pull over and check the 'Emergency message'.
    kisspng-computer-icons-emergency-alert-system-icon-design-dv-5b38fe1db3b4e2.564856901530461725...png EMERGENCY ALERT
    Numerous Terrorist Attacks located in the city of San Francisco, California. Stay at home. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

What the hell?
    Is the only reaction that the girl had on this message. Due to the quietness of the city right now, she considers that it's just a prank an that people are clearly overreacting over a system that can be easily exploited.
    These stupid pranks get more and more annoying with each passing day. She thinks, annoyed before pulling away from the side of the road.
    I'm surprised the US hasn't already dropped this system or at least beefed up the security because of shit like this. Popping in her headphones, she continues driving, completely oblivious to what's happening in San Fran.
    She would learn the hard way, as while driving, a sudden explosion to the right of her car sends her car straight into a building, with enough force to knock her out with the blast. While she wasn't that injured or in risk of dying, she wouldn't be rescued for a while...

René Justus, the Merzbau
episode-46148.jpg

Like a metronome, the clock ticks. Each second gets longer the more he listens to the teacher speak. Even if he does genuinely want to learn, the teacher's words only pass through an ear and leave through the other. It's almost enough to lull him to sleep. No matter how boring it is however, René sits through it, writing whatever notes he can. His passions may lie elsewhere but this was still important. Surprisingly enough, he was really good at math unlike a lot of his classmates. Though such couldn't be said the same for his other subjects.

A second of eternity passes and school ends for the day. René leaves the building, a yawn fleeing from him and countless thoughts zipping through his head. Most were mundane. The band was taking a break for the week so he had all this free time outside of school and no idea how to use it. He'd already fit all the studying he would need into his schedule, even during break. He doesn't know how far he can go without proper help but attempts are what matter. With that aside, he was free to do anything he wanted. His parents normally came home late so he could put off going home for a bit.

Today though, he just felt like relaxing. And what better than a leisurely ride around the area? So René gets on his motorbike parked nearby and puts on his helmet. The bike was an old Harley Davidson. A hand-me-down given by his dad when he got his motorbike license a few months ago. Soon enough he rides away into the unusually empty streets of San Francisco.

"Streets are empty today." Strange.

A loud sound coming from his phone from damn-near causes him to crash into a lamp post. Hard to miss it since it was so quiet. Pulling over, it was just a warning from the EAS. Something about a terrorist attack. He didn't really give a damn. His phone was old and slow, sometimes stuff just didn't pop up until half an hour later. He just wanted to enjoy some time alone around town. Maybe grab a snack or two, maybe head over to his favorite record store and browse. Though he is a little tight on money right now so... maybe some other day.

Empty streets and the air against his body made for a great combo. Air felt great. No distractions, just him alone enjoying himself.

Unfortunately that was cut short. An nearby explosion startled him, making him almost crash once again. Okay. So maybe he should pay attention to the announcement. René checks the scene out for himself. Explosion, yes, that is very obviously what happened. Does he want to get involved? Judging by a car that was presumably smacked against a building by that explosion, he does not. So with the utmost speed, he steps on the pedal and gets the hell out of there. He does not wanna end up like that. Not taking any chances today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back