• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So i got a question on the skills. I noticed that most if not all skill have percentages next to them. Are those like some sort of proficiency or mastery of said skill? And how do they affect the rolls we do in combat and in the non-combat setting?
As you level up, the skill percentage increases by the smaller, second number listed with it until it reaches a max of 98%. Depending on the skill, most of the time we will be rolling them in non-combat settings, but even in the middle of a fight, it is still based on a simple d100 roll to see if you can get under the percentage number posted.

He decided to ask more the more important question first: "Are there any other know paths that lead to Anton-17? and What sort of ordinance is readily available?" Asked the heavy weapons experts "If what you say about the bigging tanks is true and we need to get rid of them. We will need a lot of boom to do that. Or..." He turned to Miyazaki "How big could those tanks be?"
I'm not sure what you are asking here. Can you please clarify?

1) Chris is asking if the path they are taking is the only one that leads to the base or are there any other roads, mountain paths that the enemy can use to launch a sneak attack.

2) Not sure if I spelled ordinances right but he is asking what weapons are available for the team to take or requisition from the base

Psychie Psychie
Speed
Transport Mode: 100 mph (161 kph)
Tank/Guardian Mode: 8 mph (13 kph)
Battloid Mode: 70 mph (112 kph)

Of your three modes of travel, only your Transport and your Battloid modes have the needed speed to be able to keep the pace of the convoy, since your Tank/Guardian mode has a top speed of only 20mph. In what mode do you travel in?
(boldmine)
Heya! Did you change the Spartas' speeds? If so, what are the new top-ends for Battloid and Hovercraft/Transport modes?

Honor and fun,
Your detail-oriented Dann

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie

Heya! Did you change the Spartas' speeds? If so, what are the new top-ends for Battloid and Hovercraft/Transport modes?
That was a brain fart on my part. For some reason, I was thinking that the Tank mode had a speed of 20mph, and not 8mph. I'll edit the IC post. Good eye for catching it.

Thanks! With all of the information in a mech-based game, it's an easy one to miss. =)

At least the Robotech game has fewer books to pull into it than the Rifts world. Keeping up with what we have here is a handful; imagine if we added another 80 or so books to the mix!

Yes! Rifts beauty is also its bane for some Game Masters. Me? I've always tossed everything into my Rifts games. As long as I could keep a balanced game going, I 'd allow quite a lot. =)

Rifts is a lot of fun, but there are just sooooo many books. I have not read through all of them, and many I've not even cracked open, like the Phase World and Scraypers books, and others I've only glanced at.

I've cracked nearly all of mine open ever since I won an auction maaany years ago on eBay for a single lot of 25 Rifts books for just over $100.00 shipped (came out to $4.25 per book and most were in very good condition!). The only books I haven't deeply perused through are the ones I received most recently (the Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition PDFs that I posted in Sharseya).

I see every book I have on roleplaying as part of one big whole. "To know one thing is to know ten thousand." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Last edited:
I think one of the tricks to playing a long-term Rifts game is the same for any other game with one big exception - to select OOCs/RCCS that you can really resonate with; the exception being they can be from just about any game the Game Master is comfortable with. My own tabletop Rifts games were incredible combinations of classes from all over every system I'd then played. Each Player was genuinely thrilled to play their character be it an old favorite or a brand-new concept. Good times!

Of course, the downfall of Rifts is that it can get overly complicated and hard to keep track of. I think balance and finding inspiration is key. =)

Yeah am able was just reading what i can do....Might try to see if i can intercept communications of the guys or try to detect an ambush.

Everyone, don't forget that the main cannon of the tank can only be safely fired with its full bonuses in Tank mode. Otherwise you are stuck using your Eu-11 gun pods in Battloid mode. The downside to that is you will lose access to your arm shields if you shift out of Battloid mode, so use caution.

GunMan2 GunMan2 Since this is your first introduction to the Palladium system, we will all be here to offer up advice and to help guide you until you get the hang of things. We won't let you get killed off in your first fight.

Thx lets see how this systems battle works shall we. Because i am interested.

Also, just to keep you from missing out on some bonuses, you have a natural +4 to your initiative in your mecha, giving you a total of 16 to your roll with the free +5 Psy is giving us.

At the moment, you guys are only facing off against the six Battle Pods and the two Male Power Armor, so I don't have to deal with having five hundred different targets to keep track of.

Are you telling me that these battle can be massive? 0_0
Technically, yes. If I were to track everyone, that is the five members of your squad, the four Destroids, two Commanchero helicopters, the heavy infantry, and that is all before the bad guys are counted in. That is why I have you facing off against just the eight targets by you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back