• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Are you telling me that these battle can be massive? 0_0
They can be (if by "massive" you mean large amounts of numbers against other large amounts) but that in my experience is extremely rare. Usually it's a squad-sized elements (like our one squadron) vs. another such element, more or less. This is what I would consider to be a large but not "massive" engagement for Robotech games.

Psychie Psychie Kitty has a +2 bonus for a total of +7.

GunMan2 GunMan2

Oh did not know that THx
A few more things about your character's abilities you might find useful. Hand to Hand abilities provide a strong amount of a characters overall prowess in combat. A Critical Hit is basically such an accurate Strike that it basically does double normal damage.

Chris performs a Critical Hit on a Natural (d20) roll of 19 or 20 (which is fantastic to get at 1st level!). Chris also, if he can manage to hit an enemy from behind also perform a Critical Hit. If both just happen to be successful, he might even Critically Hit for triple damage (not quadruple). These two bonuses are because of Chris's proficiency in Shao Lin Kung Fu. =)

And on the flipside of the Critical Strike, a natural 1-4 is always a miss. Sherwood just fumbled, so I get to have some fun with him.

OK...The books make it quite easy to make OP Characters. So Barnes is like a stealthy hacker type is her?

Nice

GunMan2 GunMan2

With a flick of a switch, Steven drops his Spartas down into Tank mode and raises up his main gun to aim at Male Powered Armor 1. "Silver bullet downrange! On the way!"

And there we have the opposite side of a Critical Hit, the Automatic Miss. In Palladium Games, Automatic Misses are any Strike roll that naturally (meaning on the d20's face) come up 1-4. Therefore, one requires a 5 or higher to have any chance at Striking their target (regardless of any character's bonuses).

Some Game Masters (Psychie and I being two of them) use Fumble tables or charts when a Strike roll of 1 on the d20 comes up. This does not occur when a defense roll takes place (one just fails there) but a Fumble can be a fight-changing experience or just a simple miss![/spoiler]

Ho boy, i get nightmares of those
Don't worry! A Fumble doesn't mean your mech is going to simply explode or anything like that - it's just a way of showing human fallibility sometimes to humorous effect! If there were no chance to fail, that would be one thing. But I've had Fumbles change entire battles, sometimes in the favor of the PCs, sometimes not! But I do love having the possibility. =)

Steven lines up his first war shot of the day and pulls the trigger, but in his haste to get the first round off, he forgot to undo the safety and nothing happens! So no, you do not lose the APFSDS round, but you still lose the action you tried to use.
Hah! See? We are rookies and I have made that very mistake myself in Real Life (I was playing paintball and I had a guy in my sights and I didn't get him; he got me because I'd left my darned safety on! Lesson learned)! That's the fun of roleplaying!

Psychie Psychie
Kitty moves to a position where she can use her arm shields to defend the convoy.

The two Male Powered Armor units see Bishop leaping forward and doing . . . something that doesn't seem to do much, but you are a valid target, and they both open fire at you with their shoulder mounted particle beam cannons. They will hit unless you dodge, and since you are in Tank mode, you cannot Parry.

Kitty never transformed into Tank mode. She specifically stayed in Battloid to use her shields to defend the convoy and herself. Is she thus allowed to Parry?

EDIT: If so, she has a +14 to the Parry roll.

Psychie Psychie

Kitty never transformed into Tank mode. She specifically stayed in Battloid to use her shields to defend the convoy and herself. Is she thus allowed to Parry?
Yes. I was not wanting to make any roll until you had declared what you wanted to do.

GunMan2 GunMan2 the good thing about using the Parry is that if successful, it keeps the damage from hitting your Main Body/Torso and you take the hit(s) on your shields. This also doesn't use up one of your attack actions.

Also, just so everyone is on the same page, I will record your damage on your mecha like this:

Current Initiative numbers:
26 - Bishop [2]
22 - MPA 1 and 2 [1]
18 - Battle Pods 1-3 [1]
16 - Barnes <====
15 - Miya 0/0/130
10 - Battle Pods 4-6
9 - Comanche-2

The middle number in bold is your main body, and the two numbers on either side are your shields, and it will be adjusted as you take damage.

A few things to consider for GunMan2 GunMan2

If you are in Tank mode, you get to select your main gun round as you fire it, so you can choose which shell you wish to use.

The MPA suits have more armor than the Battle Pods, but if you use an APFSDS round, you can probably take out any single mecha in one good hit.

If you go to Battloid mode, you have your Eu-11 and full use of your arm shields.

The critical strike doubles it to 280 MDC, well over the 125 of the Battle Pod. Good shot.

Also, how do you wish to have the 130 MDC damage split between your shields?
Psychie Psychie I don't think I understand. It's a single particle beam shot from a Male Power Armor. I'm able to split (divide) the damage between both shields? I do not apply it to one or the other? (Sorry if I'm thinking too much into this - my ADHD has been rather active tonight!) =)

EDIT: If the answer is one shield or the other, put the damage into the right shield, please. =)

EDIT: Kitty has a total of +11 to Strike with her EU-11 (+9 base with +2 EU-11).

EDIT: I forgot to mention - your Spartas tanks come with ECM gear (re: Chris's attempt to use Advanced Electronic Warfare)? How cool! Man, your Spartas tanks are far and away SO much better than the "vanilla" versions out of the book! The tanks could never do that, even with their 1S Command versions! =)

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie I don't think I understand. It's a single particle beam shot from a Male Power Armor. I'm able to split (divide) the damage between both shields? I do not apply it to one or the other? (Sorry if I'm thinking too much into this - my ADHD has been rather active tonight!) =)
It is an attack from three of the Tactical Battle Pods, so yes, I'm going to say that you can split it up between both shields, or all on one. Up to you.

It is an attack from three of the Tactical Battle Pods, so yes, I'm going to say that you can split it up between both shields, or all on one. Up to you.
Psychie Psychie Oh! I misread it! Thank you for clearing it up and for the options. -130 to the right shield, please. =)

GunMan2 GunMan2 If you want to try and dodge, it will use up one of your attack actions but might spare you some damage. Roll a d20 and add your Dodge bonus in your tank to the result to get your grand total. If you beat my roll, you have evaded the attack.

Barnes will move the tank to dodge the incoming shot.
GunMan2 GunMan2 Hey? You put Chris has a +5 Dodge but I looked at your character sheet. He's actually got a +10 inside his tank?

Don't want you to sell you or your character short here. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back