• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I was planning on snagging up a Multi-Optics Helmet myself. For the short range that they have, they are very handy to have. Not sure what else to pick up, though. Most of the stuff I'd like to get is just too pricy for us right now.

Don't forget, you guys are not going to be needing to buy up a ton of equipment and weapons; you can request a lot of this stuff by going through proper channels in your chain of command, depending on the mission at hand.

Don't forget, you guys are not going to be needing to buy up a ton of equipment and weapons; you can request a lot of this stuff by going through proper channels in your chain of command, depending on the mission at hand.
I was wondering about what we should be buying and what we should request. But hey! We're in an arcade getting to know our characters and each other's characters so I'll just have MIyazaki focus on "requisitioning" the offered smoothie while checking out the games! She's probably following Chris around to see if his game is here somewhere. =)

I forgot to ask of GunMan2 GunMan2 , what kind of things would we know about your character from our time together in VHT training? Any personality quirks that we would have come across? How do you feel about the Zentraedi? Any living family that survived the global assault? Stuff like that.

I was wondering about what we should be buying and what we should request. But hey! We're in an arcade getting to know our characters and each other's characters so I'll just have MIyazaki focus on "requisitioning" the offered smoothie while checking out the games! She's probably following Chris around to see if his game is here somewhere. =)
Most stuff like guns and grenades are going to be issued equipment for when you deploy, not stuff you are going to be able to purchase.

Hmmm....Good question...Not sure of the lore but i would say you know the following.
-Chris had been in the military since he was 20 years old. He joined the army due to a recruitment drive for more soldier and misplaced deusions of becoming a hero.
-He came from a country side somewhere in the middle east then got transferred to japan from the RDF.
-At the start he was Weary of Nova and Miyazaki due to his something that happened on the field against the enemy zentradi (Is this the correct spelling?) but is now cool with them
-He is good with electronics and such
-Had a drinking contest with the scotsman and never again.
-Is usually quiet dring conversations except when drunk.(If that is allowed)
-Was born and raised country boy and sometimes this shows in his demenor.
-No know living family member... his little town became a casuality of the aliens attack.

And that is all i could think off at this time.

the enemy zentradi (Is this the correct spelling?)
Close! Zentraedi. This is the term used for the race, especially the males. The females are referred to as Meltrandi. =)

Winner like Kitty said will be payed by the losers.
"Kitty!" I think I like that! Kind of like Kitty Pryde from the Uncanny X-Men - she always had lots of brains and charm. =)

Well, you had enough brains to suggest a non-violent means to settle a grudge, and with your high MA score you were able to talk them into it, saving you a brawl in the arcade.

I'll give everyone another little bit to be able to post before moving out to the next day. Sadly, I see that WlfSamurai still hasn't come back to the site since early in the month. I'm starting to be a bit worried for him.

Well, you had enough brains to suggest a non-violent means to settle a grudge, and with your high MA score you were able to talk them into it, saving you a brawl in the arcade.
So she rolled her MA score and succeeded? Hooray! =)

'll give everyone another little bit to be able to post before moving out to the next day. Sadly, I see that WlfSamurai still hasn't come back to the site since early in the month. I'm starting to be a bit worried for him.
Given that I've just posted, you can probably tell I'm having a good time! As for WlfSamurai, I've been worried. Too many long-distance relationships that suddenly went dark with no clue as to what happened. This is one of the huge reasons I'm no fan of ghosting. More often than not there is just no way to know what took place on the other side of their keyboard, if you take my meaning.

But to leave things in a positive light, yes, my character and I are having fun! =)

It was a good idea that paid off. Many people forget that an encounter can be 'defeated' by more than just force of arms, and if we can outmaneuver a foe to avoid a fight and still 'win' without getting us hurt, I'm all for that.

I hope that we will get word from Wlf soon, even if he decides that he doesn't want to join in this game anymore. Just to know he's ok.

So she rolled her MA score and succeeded? Hooray! =)
Yep. I would normally have asked you to roll, but we all know how you feel about this dice bot. Anyhoo, your results were a 12, more than enough to sway the drunken boys over and keep them from throwing punches.
It was a good idea that paid off. Many people forget that an encounter can be 'defeated' by more than just force of arms, and if we can outmaneuver a foe to avoid a fight and still 'win' without getting us hurt, I'm all for that.

I hope that we will get word from Wlf soon, even if he decides that he doesn't want to join in this game anymore. Just to know he's ok.
Very true!

Just in case anyone was wondering, I made the comment in my post that Miya won the dance-off because I compared our Pp scores, and while Steven's has a high number, Miya has the edge on him.

Not bad for a gal that comes dead-last in any martial arts-style competition in the squad! While her P.P. is very high thanks to the dice, her only Physical Skill that provides any kind of numerical bonuses is her Hand to Hand. She's got nothing else, not even a bonus to Roll with Punch! Of course, I see that changing come 2nd level as she works her way up! =)

According to your orders, you are to report to Capt. Emil Cruz, the CO of the company you have been assigned to.
Really well-written post there, Psychie! Really feels like we're leaving Monument City and showing up in Brazilia Base with brand-new Spartas veritechs.

Maybe this is Miyazaki's effect on me, but I've started to think of the Spartases as Appleseed's landmates (even though those are definitely smaller). Good intro!

So i got a question on the skills. I noticed that most if not all skill have percentages next to them. Are those like some sort of proficiency or mastery of said skill? And how do they affect the rolls we do in combat and in the non-combat setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back