• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood What exactly are we going up against? If this is a Ghost in the Shell-style game, aren't most of our opponents pro-tech humans with cyborgs and such thrown in? Perhaps some magic users and such?

I'm not asking for any "cats out of the bags;" I just want to know what we're being teamed up to fight specifically.
A supernatural evil force, one that doesn't want an alliance between the two nations, and especially doesn't want another Millenium Tree growing anywhere.

Dragons are their own force in the universe - they can if the GM says they can. PC dragons always could in my games; how else can they adventure with a human (or human-like) party if they can't?

Can all dragons shapeshift? If not, that would pretty much rule out an Oriental dragon.
I don't know.
Dragons are their own force in the universe - they can if the GM says they can. PC dragons always could in my games; how else can they adventure with a human (or human-like) party if they can't?
If we look to the dragons in the core book, they get to shapeshift for progressively longer and longer time as they level up. I might allow you to be able to take on human form for longer, but I might remove some other power to compensate.

I don't know.

If we look to the dragons in the core book, they get to shapeshift for progressively longer and longer time as they level up. I might allow you to be able to take on human form for longer, but I might remove some other power to compensate.
May I recommend against removing another power to compensate? In my own Rifts games, if a Dragon R.C.C. could not transform at least into a human (basically at will), the game might soon began to circle around "what to do with the dragon everyone now knows about?" Talk about a potential game-derailer!

It was a situation I never got myself into because I allowed the dragons the ability to transform very much the same way Kitsune do (at will for as long as they want).

The dragons in the Japan book are all pretty sweet, and I like the idea of being able to metamorph at will, but that is just me.

Well, I did ok a Kitsune Atlantean Tattooed Dimensional Voyager, so I can probably go with this.

The dragons in the Japan book are all pretty sweet, and I like the idea of being able to metamorph at will, but that is just me.
In Japanese mythology, dragons are truly celestial creatures. As the most grand of physical-spirits, and as legendary creatures of ancient myth, they are absolutely revered, feared, and held in total awe. By like, everyone!

These are not mere kitsune nor Spirit-folk nor oni or mystical humans. Adult dragons are the top of the food chain and they'll be the first to tell you so and back it up. =)

If this were my game, it would be quite a strange thing for even a "baby" dragon to become a Sohei. If a dragon landed in a Shinto monastery and wanted to become a Sohei, who would deny the great being the chance? However... how in the world would you keep it a secret from the rest of the world (especially if it joined up in a secret team in the Republic)? Just a true dragon being in the Republic would cause riots! Half of the people would want it immediately kicked out while the other half would be rushing to get pictures with it!

Public: "OHH! And you are a Sohei too?! So very coooooool!"

What a conundrum! Of course, nearly all mysteries have answers of some kind. =)

Edit: I imagine the baby dragon would have to be taught completely in secret with only select Sohei knowing about it and doing the training?

Well, I did ok a Kitsune Atlantean Tattooed Dimensional Voyager, so I can probably go with this.
Snowfall proudly sez, "Hey! Hey, buddy! Don't forget Chi Master! And the Foxiest Messenger of Inari! That's me, pal!" =)

Also, in order for you to be a monk, you'll have to be more than just a few weeks old. Even with the racial knowledge of the dragons, it will take some time for you to learn all those skills.

It is also possible that you keep your dragon nature a secret from those around you, and it is revealed by some unfortunate mishap of you getting hit by an attack that should have killed you but you are still alive. Or some other thing might reveal your secret.

I am liking that idea. The Kumo-Mi Cloud Dragon is the one I'd choose.
Knowing you, I thought it might be. It is the most like Psychie (and it just so happens to be my favorite of the Rifts Japan dragons)!

Also, in order for you to be a monk, you'll have to be more than just a few weeks old. Even with the racial knowledge of the dragons, it will take some time for you to learn all those skills.

It is also possible that you keep your dragon nature a secret from those around you, and it is revealed by some unfortunate mishap of you getting hit by an attack that should have killed you but you are still alive. Or some other thing might reveal your secret.
How old do you want me to be?

So... we are to take down supernatural evil? Hmm. What would be exciting?

I cannot help but recall a prominent member of my tabletop games (and true long-time friend) who played what eventually became a Spirit Host P.C.C. (Rifts World Book 25 China 2, p. 68) with the Japanese Shoki (Demon Queller from Rifts Japan, not China, p. 64 in that book).

While I never played his character, of course, I sure as heck played the character's NPC sister to the hilt!

Sherwood? Would you allow such a combination? Basically, it's a highly heroic spirit/human combination that has a profound combination of mystical powers (psychic) along with Mega-damage martial art powers making the combination one hell of a Supernatural tracker/brawler usually with quite an unusual personality as all Shoki seem to have! (Seriously, if you're playing a boring Shoki? You're doing it wrong!)

My dear friend's character is Chinese, but I could play something of purely Japanese descent (perhaps a hound? Who doesn't love dogs, right?)?

How old do you want me to be?
That will need to be determined later.
So... we are to take down supernatural evil? Hmm. What would be exciting?

I cannot help but recall a prominent member of my tabletop games (and true long-time friend) who played what eventually became a Spirit Host P.C.C. (Rifts World Book 25 China 2, p. 68) with the Japanese Shoki (Demon Queller from Rifts Japan, not China, p. 64 in that book).

While I never played his character, of course, I sure as heck played the character's NPC sister to the hilt!

Sherwood? Would you allow such a combination? Basically, it's a highly heroic spirit/human combination that has a profound combination of mystical powers (psychic) along with Mega-damage martial art powers making the combination one hell of a Supernatural tracker/brawler usually with quite an unusual personality as all Shoki seem to have! (Seriously, if you're playing a boring Shoki? You're doing it wrong!)

My dear friend's character is Chinese, but I could play something of purely Japanese descent (perhaps a hound? Who doesn't love dogs, right?)?
I'll have to look at the details of the two, but I am willing to entertain that idea.

I guess it is now time for me to make up an interest check for this to see who might be interested in this game.

That will need to be determined later.
Recommendation? Years. Maybe 15? Perhaps this monastery raised Psychie's character in secret and in return, the character became a powerful arm in their own fight against evil? This would steep the character in Shinto knowledge, daily wisdom, and the simple yet spirit-building ways of the Shinto monks. Just an idea.

I guess it is now time for me to make up an interest check for this to see who might be interested in this game.
Cool! Give a linky here so we can follow! =)

GunMan2 GunMan2 You on board for this? You could possibly play as a combat cyborg (and kind of be your own "mini-mech" if you will)?

Ok let me try to get this straight as i have no idea of the contents you guys spoke of. So if i got this right. In this game there are 2 empires or countries one which focuses on the magical arts and one that focuses on the technology.

The two factions attempt to make an alliance by creating a special task force consistent of the two empires agents. Where our base would be this outcast fief that wanted this alliance to happen and we need to fight against the people of this usurper faction before they destroy this alliance…

Ok…give me the book

Users who are viewing this thread

Back