• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood A few short questions about that ugly thing in front of us: How vulnerable do the eyes and the belly look like? How high is the ceiling - wondering if I can jump on top of it... Would one find purchase on the creature, or is the skin all slimy and stuff?

Technically, there is no separate listing of a MDC value for the eyes, but I will say that yes, they are more vulnerable to harm than the whole maggot is. The belly will just have the same MDC of the whole body, so it would not be any more vulnerable.

The creature is not overly slimy, so given a good attack roll, you could very easily find yourself on the back of the thing.

That is a good idea, going for the eyes like that. I hadn't even thought of it. Maybe we have a way to cripple this thing quickly.

I will say that the eyes will be a harder target to hit, having a -6 to your to-hit roll, and requiring a Called Shot that will use up two actions.

Good suggestion, thanks! I always forget that those exist... I'll probably still roll a natural 1 and jump right into that abomination's maw, but at least I tried, then...

It's probably too late for a post today, I'll get something up tomorrow!

I'm doing this Called-Shot thing against the eye mid-jump, so -6 at the very least - that's not included in the bonus! And I'm doing this bonus-point thing, too!

Silanon Silanon Recommendation? To save time, also roll damage when you roll to Strike? =)

To summarize: This game is over two years old, and I still haven't figured that out. Thanks, added the roll now!

Psychie Psychie
Using Tiny to cast Desiccate the Supernatural for 50 PPE, doing 3d6x10 damage. No to-hit roll is needed, but a successful save vs magic means the creature suffers half damage.

Ooh! Terra's not playin' around! I like this! =)

Sherwood Sherwood
12 - Maggot 1 injured/eye 1 injured

Mister GM sir, this information does me little good. I know it's beat up, but how much? The first hit we scored on it hardly seemed to get its attention. Could you please return to how damaged a baddie is? That is far more telling and in games like these, accurate combat data is what drives our decisions. On another note, this fight is fun! 8D

It's not hurt very badly at all. I will say that according to the book, Maggots have between 1,000 to 4,000 MDC points, so keep that in mind for how much you've done to it so far.

Good to know! Thanks! I had a feeling it was super-tough. =)

Yep! That's about the armor-equivalent of somewhere between 3 to 10 Ajax Veritechs right there.

Still in its mist form, it flies forward and reforms itself into its physical form next to Daisy in her Glitter Boy suit and it reaches out with its huge mouth and tries to bite you! Apparently, it did not like the silver bullet you hit it with and is now trying to get back at you.

Sherwood Sherwood This thing just transformed into mist, moved, reformed, and is attacking all in the same round. Snowfall can transform "instantly." Does this mean that Snowfall, under the same circumstances, can act in the same manner as this bad guy just did? Enquiring foxes want to know.

Sherwood Sherwood

Hey, bud! Real Life is interfering with my game-time (how dare it! Ha ha!) and I don't want to hold up your game. Please roll for Snowfall who will use his Dragon Rod to try to Magic Net the Maggot?

Otherwise, you're waiting on me to post and I can't guarantee one tomorrow (it all depends on how tomorrow goes). Stay safe!

D. Rex D. Rex With minimum accuracy! Oh, D.. A roll of 1-4 is an automatic miss! That's the kind of roll I call a "heartbreaker" or as they call it in baseball, a "whiff" (the sound of the bat being swung full-force and not connecting with the baseball). Aww!

D. Rex D. Rex With minimum accuracy! Oh, D.. A roll of 1-4 is an automatic miss! That's the kind of roll I call a "heartbreaker" or as they call it in baseball, a "whiff" (the sound of the bat being swung full-force and not connecting with the baseball). Aww!
I never said I penetrated the monster. But I penetrated something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back